Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Wheel Keeps Spinning[Private]

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The papers lay on the desk before her as she shuffled through analyzing the text and muttering to herself. The paperwork had certainly piled up in the recent days and with the mysterious absence of the Sennin for a few days, Soku was left to handle such menial tasks. Though at a second glance, a file folder caught her sheet and she flipped through it her eyes scanning over the recent graduates. Kami had been a troublesome one but she had a fiery will, that much the Captain could discern, She just needed to get a handle on to conduct herself even if it did mean a day or two down in the sewers. She shuddered at the thought. Flipping to the next, the Captain stopped drumming her fingers on the table, the picture looming out at her."Another one..huh.."Soku murmured her eyes scanning the information present. She got up from her chair and beckoned for an operative who happened to be passing by."You! Yes, you! Take this and find this man. Tell him he is to report to the complex as soon as his two feet will allow him."The other ANBU would blink a few times as if comprehending the statement before nodding and dashing off. They would find him, she was sure of that. That was after all one of their basic core skills. Finding people, couldn't be that hard, could it. Well, it could but those situations happened ever so rarely. It wasn't that the kunoichi really needed to interview the man or whatever, but she liked to keep tabs on the branch members from time to time, ensure everything was flowing smoothly and if things went right in this instance, the Captain could have a task for this ANBU but time would tell.

She glanced at the clock and back at a dim candle that lit the dimly visible room. She had foregone more advanced lighting that the rest of village utilized for primitive methods. It just went with the mood of the building and was a sore reminder to all of what their duties were."Let's hope he isn't a latecomer."That was one thing the Santaru would not be pleased with. Latecomers...the thought irked her. A personal saying she had implemented and been taught was that if you were on time, you were most certainly late and if you were early, you are on time. The philsophy didn't make any sort of logical sense to those who brushed the surface but if you looked deeper, you understood the meaning of it. The Captain leant back in her chair tilting her head up to the ceiling sighing as thoughs roamed her head. Her mask hung from her belt revealing the Sharingan-patterned pupils and for this occassion, she was in full uniform donning the standard ANBU grey vest with the white cloak signinifying her title. A sheathed sword was visible in one corner of the room leaning against the wall black in color with a grey hilt. Every now and then, voices could be heard as people wandered down the hallways going about their buisness. "Let us see what today entails, shall we?"Soku murmured to herself smiling a bit as she awaited the ANBU's return.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
</FONTFACE></COLOR>
'Click'

'Clack'

'Click'
<COLOR color="grey">

Sounds of boots hitting the tiled floors of a barren hallway, Yasu, the silent one seemingly contradicting himself with every step he took. Though, it didnt matter, not on a day like this. These empty halls were normal at this hour, many were out and about doing their work and Yasu himself would be doing that same thing. He was working on something that would help the village as a whole, and it would seem the infrastructure would be crumbling a bit with the absence of the ANBU Sennin, and Hokage as of late... however, maybe it could be chalked up to the Frost people and maybe they were out on some high level S Class Mission.

So while they would do their work, Yasu would work on the home front. Making sure that the place they would seek to keep safe would continue to be such. And as he was on his way to the offices of the ANBU Sennin to leave a letter, he would watch as an ANBU would arrive to him giving him specific information to arrive to the office of one of the prominent Captains. 'Have I gotten myself in trouble?' It wasnt often that he would fine himself being sought out, as he tried to keep himself under the radar enough to be seen as someone that is always working... if he were noticed that would mean something was either wrong or he'd slipped up. At least thats what Yasu would think...
<FONTFACE fontface="palatino">

"Aye... I'll arrive to her office immediately." with that he would be seen only to sink into the ground to travel to the location he was being summoned. Taking a breath as he would arrive, a puppet hand would reach for the door, only to slide it to its open position. Darkness followed, and something of a meek introduction would seem to be at the helm of this conversation. A Single Candle would be lit, allowing the lighting in the room to give a tone of eerie-ness to it. A tone which matched Yasu's natural demeanor. He would be seen to the Captain wearing his full ANBU attire which was some of the only clothing he would ever be seen in, he made sure to only change within the confines of his apartment and to seal his room with a few sealing formulas... but maybe someone has staked out his house? Who knew, that new comer that Kami had revealed herself to could have trailed him? No... He made sure of it. He was the hunter...

Many thoughts would be raised within his mind as he looked through his singular hole from his mask before he'd lower himself to a deep bow.
"You wished for my presence Captain?" And from there he would await further orders to close the door, to sitting down. He would want to ensure that he pleased this woman, or man to the best of his ability. Standing with his hands to his sides, non-volatile and attempting to be as respectful as possible.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
A few moments would pass in silence, the only sound of the candle flame flickering as the Captain waited for the requested ANBU to arrive. They would do so in a timely manner and she nodded as the shinobi entered the room noting with a slight hint of interest the white mask. It was something of an interesting attire but it served it's purpose nonetheless. She gestured to the chair facing her desk dismissing the bow."Rise, there is no need to bow here. We are all equals in this profession after all, please, have a seat."Soku always wanted to be speaking with her shinobi and fellow friends on the same level. It went against her morals to demand respect based on status or rank, such a thing was reserved for madment and tyrants and their story never ended good."I know you are surely wondering why I have requested you here today,first of all, as usual, anything that is exchanged between us does not leave this room, are we understood?"To be frank, the Santaru had some troubling matters yet at the same time, she had to keep the branch running even with the top key player missing in action. It was sort of frustrating but someone had to take action, she refused to let the unit fall into disarray as it had done so in the past."Before we get into the jist of things however, I believe it is essential we get some housekeeping things out of the way. Depending on how things go today, i could have a very important task for you to fulfill but before that.."She clasped her hands together glancing down at the file folder before her and back at Yasu."Now, your name and how long you've been in the branch would be a start."She remarked taking a secondary look at the parchment. It was more of a test question than anything really. If she had truly wanted that sort of information, it was listed on the branch roster but there was a deeper purpose behind the inquiries."Followed by why you decided to join the ANBU to finish it off and then we can move on to the more exciting things on today's agenda."

As all of this was taking place, the Santaru reached under the wooden desk to grab some writing utensils and parchment laying it out on the surface before them writing little things here and there as the ANBU talked. Things were moving at a rapid pace, she still had a recruit to disicipline and another AiT whom was shaping up to rise in the ranks, it looked like. A idea had sprung to her how to tackle two birds with a single stone."You wouldn't have happened to have heard from Yukio-san or Lord Fourth in the recent days, would you?"She asked frowning drawing a roughly sketched out map of the Fire Country and it's neighboring countries as best she could. "To be blunt here, regardless of what others may think, we are quite walking ducks at the moment. It is not like Takeshi-sama or Yukio for that matter to just throw down their work and walk out,even on some sort of diplomatic or combat-related assignment. They would have left a message in some form or fashion even if it be code. A village without it's leaders is a scary thought, my friend.She jabbed a finger at the map indicating where Konoha was before gesturing at the other villages."In truth, we should be thankful, I guess that no village has heard of this recent development yet. I do not know what the reactions would be but it may make us appear weak on the forefront.She tore her attention away from the map to stare at Yasu ensuring her eyes locked with his."Which brings me back to my first point and your first task. I do not know why I trust you so but I do and in the ANBU, one must take risks to succeed, Your first task of many being ensuring our members do not spread these recent happenings around. Retain a sense of order in the branch. That is the first thing, as for the other..."She paused a second as if pondering."I need to know I can trust you with this."

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As quickly as he bowed he was told to stand, though it went against his morals. It would be something he would voice at a later date but for now he took it as order and followed as much as possible. Hesitating for a moment Yasu would, sit himself down... wondering what he'd done to be sat down for such a day. However, all of his worrying was for naught as the Captain would continue... And it would seem she had the same things roaming through her head as Yasu was thinking. Which meant something had happened and likely it would be best to be tight lipped about everything going on around here, causing him to nod at her inquiry to keep everything here.

Though, something did throw him off, as she asked him for his name... however, she should already have that information, and likely she was testing to see something about his morality within the branch and maybe something more. Though, Yasu would never give his real identity to anyone ad would take it to the grave even if asked by someone other than the Hokage or Sennin. Something he learned while beginning his trials to become an ANBU. So withough much hesitation he would respond,</FONTFACE>
<FONTFACE fontface="palatino"> "I am Chinmoku. My time in the branch is nothing... I've been with the Elite since leaving the Academy. How long? I do not know." Though, of course he knew, it had been alittle over ten years, he'd been around since Kami was the Hokage and the attacks of the Samurai... but the silent one was always just a mask in the fray. No one ever really asked him his name... and he was told never to give your identity to anyone until they proved they were an ally. The only truest allies were the Leaders of the village. Thus only the Hokage and ANBU Sennin would matter. As Captains and the recent Medical Sennin leaving would leave much to be desired in the department of trust within the other branches.

"I did not choose The Branch. The Branch chose me." He would spot her rummaging in the desk for utensils to jot things down with but it wasnt until her next question that he would find things becoming very alarming. She was unaware of the whereabouts of Leaders of the village? Maybe they hadnt embarked on a trip... maybe they didnt take a mission, Maybe this was far more serious than he'd anticipated. Shaking his head to answer 'no', Yasu found himself scrambling within his mind trying to think about the last things Yukio had said to him maybe giving him some sort of clue into something that was happening? However, nothing came to mind.

'Walking Ducks? Isnt it... sitting ducks? Maybe she's tired.'

Nodding as she spoke about the other villages, Yasu found himself silent through this, allowing everything to wash over him and soak in. Though, as she would get to the nitty gritty of it all, Yasu saw that she was distraught and was simply handling things as they were coming at her, thus he would nod and speak,
"You have my word. I will keep things nice and tidy. Which is something you should likely be talking to another ANBU about, revealing themselves to a foreign shinobi is not to be ideal in times like this... You can trust me with whatever you need. I will ensure it is done, for you." The tail end of that was a bit deep. Like the words held so much weight to Yasu and he meant everything in his power to make sure it would happen... for her. Why specifically? Who knew... However, he'd await the rest of her commenting. Maybe a reaction to everything else he'd said... Or didnt say.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She decided she liked this person already. Soku nodded in a approving fashion at the man's responses. After all, it would be quite the dreary task he would have to undertake and with how few their numbers were as of late, she could hardly just pick someone at random. It had to be someone best-suited for the job. Her expression hardened at the mention of Kami, so, it appeared the incident was not as minor as she thought if more and more people knew about it."That is an issue I will personally address. So many procedures were violated within the first ten seconds that when I was informed, I am surprised I did not flip this desk in sheer rage. Rest assured, it will not go unanswered. She is not off the hook by any means but I have more urgent matters to discuss rather than an fresh recruit who lacks the ability to comprehend basic regulations, it seems."Her words were harsh but they were to the point. She would not stand for that. Of all things, a foreign shinobi? The thought irked her."Right, to the important matter at hand here. As we are well aware, it is no secret our shinobi personel is extremely reduced as of late. Part of this reason may come from Takeshi-samas disappearance or the lack of guidance within the village. Whatever the reason, I do not know and we lack the resources and manpower needed to investigate. RIght now, my primary concern is the village." She shifted some of the papers on her desk revealing a document that text inscribed it back and front, notes all over.
"This is a recent summary of our additions to the branch, one being Kami herself and another one, Sughira Juko. His field promotion is due if he makes the cut. After all, the assassination squad is no mere walk in the park."She paused at that letting the thought sink in. One could only imagine what that poor AiT was going to be enduring.

"I want you to in a sense observe the other..authority figures in the village." Her head tilted so her eyes were locked with his ensuring he got the message."I am not saying I suspect them of anything but I just find it odd how these recent events happened to affect people in such high positions. For their security and safety's sake, I'd like to ensure we do not lose anyone else and report at once if you learn any new developments. They must not know you are performing this task as this sort of approach does tend to rub people the wrong way sometimes." A brief period of silence follows, the only sound being that of the candle flame flickering. She gave it a cautionary glance ensuring it still had some time before it burnt out."Which is why I need someone trustworthy and willing. But do understand, if this goes south, both our names will be up in flames before long."Soku could not believe these words were coming out of her mouth. The day she would have to work against her own brethren to protect them. Was there an better approach? Perhaps but the circumstances were just too odd. One had to take risks to succeed even in the most unimaginable situations and right now, she was getting a first-hand experience of what that meant."So, can you do it, Chinmoku?"The Santaru just waited, her own thoughts berating her as she mulled over the consequences of such an drastic action.Throwing your own to the fire, what have you become?

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Taking into account everything he was saying the underlying factors. The fact there were no Shinobi in the facility these days. Things that would work for the future, but they had to do the diligence for the now, and to keep things working while the village rebuilt and rehashed new ideas for a glorious new generation. Though getting into the general idea of this conversation would be what would pique Yasu's mind and attention. This would be a definitive task that he would have to make sure to take up with the utmost ire of mind and soul.

Watching his words and the words of others, it would definitely be something that he would find that his captain would lean on him for, and he would nod in agreement with these things she stated. Taking everything in he'd smile under his mask,</FONTFACE>
<FONTFACE fontface="palatino"> "Aye. I will take on this mission. I will also continue ushering the new recruits in. I'll be running a class and recruitment during a class soon... I'll send you the information gathered." Taking it in a deep huff would follow.

He'd think for a moment before speaking up again,
"...Since it seems that we're likely going to be in this for a while... Wy dont we use it as a means of reforming the branch to make it for the true elite... Making it something of an honor to be an ANBU, and leaving those not cracked up to be with us to be else where in the village. It will help to keep our numbers relatively low to keep ones like... her out for the time being. It would bolster the numbers of the other branches while being able to see who steps up to the plate." and then he would fall silent once again. Maybe too long winded... but he needed to get the thought out. Maybe it would work with the Captain... but who knew.

He wanted to make the ANBU The most Elite Branch for the most Elite Missions in the village... Why not start from the ground up?

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
His brief acceptance of the task at hand with the full understanding of what was on the plate, that was something that she liked and respected. Not many would even consider the prospect of doing such things to their own superiors knowing full well that some of these actions could quite result in some disciplinary actions being taken, after all, no one liked having someone watch their every move. It was disturbing and took away any amount of privacy but it was necessary. That was why they were the ANBU, they watched from the shadows, not seen, not known and if you were caught, you weren't an ANBU, not in her books anyways. ANBU weren't caught, they died defending to the last man."Rest assured, I will support you however I can in this. After all, two heads are better than one. You are a respectable person to accept this knowing full well the dire drawbacks and for that, I silently applaud you."Her eyes seemed to reflect a sort of approval and for a moment, the room was flooded in complete darkness as the candle flickered out before coming back to life weaker than before however. It seemed the wax was starting to erode, an indication that her time here was dwindling and she had better hurry up."I remember a time when all was well..we did not have to worry about such things, we did not have to resort to such horrific methods to the point of conducting survelliance on our brethen for our sakes, it seems we can not trust anyone these days and that pains me..Yukio was like a father to me...to grasp the fact that the possibilty of his return may not happen is a hard one to bear."Her fist hardened clenching and unclenching.

"But, as always, we must preserve. It's what they would have wanted."She added softly her expression becoming serious once again as the ANBU addressed her.Reforming the branch...huhIt was a good proposal and the kunoichi was not about to reprimand him for suggesting such an idea, most would recoil at the fact of a branch restructure saying such tasks were not the buisness of the general forces but she welcomed all feedback on all levels and the truth was, they were in need of it, plain and simple."The ANBU has lost it's merit."The Captain agreed."There have been too many people given their titles based on merit instead of earning it which I dislike...I really don't. I myself earned this after conducting various assignments, one involving Frost, I nearly lost my life on that one.""Kami..I do not know who the bright mind was that recommended her for promotion to ANBU but frankly, I am not impressed. So, I agree, whether it be more restrictions or exams, ANBU is literally the darkest of the dark and not for the light-hearted which is why I am strongly against the idea of handing out titles on a silver platter." Soku frankly liked the three-divison setup Maki had implemented before retiring his position. It worked well and the Santaru wanted to retain that and despite the requirements needed to get into a unit, it seemed the training had been lax recently."Do keep me posted on any potential newcomers. I need to focus my attention on whipping us into shape the old-fashioned way. With how things have went, the time for pleasantries is over"She cast a brief glance at the blade in the corner and back at the papers on her desk letting loose a sigh. She really did have her work cut out for her."Is there anything else you wish to discuss other than how I am going to wreak terrible havoc on Kami."She still was not over that.Sometimes, I wonder what I have gotten myself into.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Chinmoku, or Yasu, or the Silent one... All three, considered the same being but they were three parts of the whole. They were the one behind the mask and in the shadows... the teacher, the ally, the enemy, the loyalist... everything and more to the leaf, and heinous to anything other. Listening to his captain he would only be able to nod, announcing his full intent to do everything as she would ask of him.</FONTFACE><FONTFACE fontface="palatino">

"I will do as you have asked... I will be in touch." with that if she had nothing left for him he would vanish from sight.

[Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back