Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private The Winds of Change: Blades to the Grindstone [Req. Ōtakemaru]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
5614321-7585090925-7a320.gif

Shusuke had once again asked to meet up with Ōtakemaru. If they were going to be entering the Exams together he wanted to make sure his potential partner had what it takes to pass such a grueling exam. He made his way to the section of the forest just outside of the Forest of Death, a scattering of trees that were dimly lit in the setting sun. The sun's rays caused the clouds to shift and dance across the various purples, reds, and pinks of the sunset. Ōtakemaru would know why they were to meet today as Shusuke had made it very clear that they were going to be sparring. No holds barred. The last one standing would be the stronger of the two. If Ōtakemaru was able to defeat Shusuke in this spar he would be shocked if he was honest. The last time they met with clashing blades he felt very confident that he was stronger than his potential teammate.

"It's almost time."

Ōtakemaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
And Shusuke had every reason to feel confident… Take had always felt inferior to his fellow Genin, and to many extents his underclassmen as well. Unlike them, who had expectations to meet, met them and made their parents proud, Take was a trainwreck of disappointment through and through…

And even this Seal on his hand was nothing but a product of Shusuke’s help and intervention, a means to strengthen the swordsman so he could be of use to their team. That… mhm.

It pissed him off on so many levels. It made him angry at himself, angrier than he’d ever felt before. What used to harbor grief and pain was lit aflame by licking fire of delusion – a delusion that only Shusuke could clear his heart of. A nightmare that only the prestigious Yamanaka could wake him up from.

He found the meeting place – the clearing of trees just outside of the territory that belonged to the grievous Forest of Death, where he spotted today’s sparring partner wearing a very ridiculously short hakama… a cubed hakama in red and black. Maybe it was to extend the mobility of his legs, but with Shusuke’s facial features thinning out, Take was still a little worried about the lad’s health spikes. Certainly, it wouldn’t matter for someone as prodigious as him.

Take was ready – black hakama, his purple haori, and his three blades sheathed and ready. He looked normal, the only sign of cursed energy within him being the diamond-shaped mark on his palm… but his glare was sharp and burning. “I’m here… and I’m ready.”

WC: 263 [MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Ishi watched as Shusuke came to view, his eyes focused on the boy from before, anger flaring from under his mask as he wondered what the AiT was doing this time, it seemed that he was good at causing trouble but of course, it was always in the wrong place, after their first meeting he had made sure to know what the boy was doing, and of course, as a representative of his branch and one that had lost his control he wondered what he was going to do now, after all, first impressions gave a pretty bad one, no this time he would be here, as the Captain it was his job to make sure that the boy was kept in line.

I will stay in the shadows, but it seems that he is overconfident in himself, after all, he really doesn't know what the purpose of it was.

Though that became clear with the entrance of another young Shinobi, it seemed that they were going to duke it out, just outside the forest of death, no this was going to be something that caught his interest and he wanted to make sure that the boy held his own control, or he would be punished. Without the ANBU Sennin around punishment lay within his grasp and he would be damn sure that the ANBU Branch members kept themselves in line. Listening to the words, his eyes focusing on the two of them he would wait in the shadows to see what was going to happen.

WC: 257
MFT
Topic Entered

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
You have found a battle mod!
Bmodnc.gif

Good morning/afternoon/evening to you all! I'll be your battle moderator for this battle. If you happen to have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them. You can contact me either through NC or Discord. Yet please keep in mind with my work I can react at odd times and vary in time.​

• Send, in a PM on NC, not discord, your actions, and all your battle information: Stats, class, abilities, jutsu, items, weapons, etc.
    • I prefer to have hyperlinked stuff or regular links when sending this information. This dramatically decreases the time it takes for a moderator to mod as it cuts down on searching.
    • Do NOT just link your dojo, your profile, or anything. I really want that information in my DM box.
  • Rolls are in Discord -> Bmod-rolling. This is an open channel for you all to see.
  • UBR rules do apply: meaning you have 48 hours to post and send actions.
Please be clear on your actions and conditionals, even when stating what you're maintaining.

If there are multiple people, you will need to specify who are your allies and who your enemies are in your opening actions.

This way I don't have to do any guesswork and you don't get upset if an item is modded the way you didn't wish.
I am human which means mistakes can happen; feel free to point these out!
Let's enjoy!​

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Participants
ShusukeOtakamaruIshi
HP: 7800
CP: 15600 - 215 - 190 - 195 - 75 - 225 - 245 - 816 = 13.639

AP: 10.5
Maintains:
Blur, Roschach eye, Lethagry
HP: 6800 - 290 - 99 - 100 - 130 - 50 - 668 - 730 - 1200 = 3.533
CP: 3800 - 285 - 320 = 3.195

AP: 11

Maintains:
Wrath Seal
HP: 39,000
CP: 33,000 - 2060 = 30.940

Maintains:
Chilling

What happened?
0.00 Ishi does a hidden action.
0.00 Shusuke doesn’t Fukushu Ishi.
0.00s. Ōtakemaru Doesn’t Fukushi Ishi.
0.00s. Shusuke does a hidden action.
0.00s. Shusuke does a Hidden action.
0.00s. Shusuke does a Hidden Action.
0.00s. Shusuke does a hidden Action.
0.00s. Shusuke does a Hidden Action.

0.00s. Shusuke casts Basic Clone against Okatamaru, it was effective!
  • 27 vs. 25 Full hits, Otakamaru is confused!
    • 290dmg
0.00s. Shusuke enters Phantosmia Fysicalk style
0.00s. Shusuke equips a dark child with rapid speed. (Quickdraw)
0.00s. Shusuke does a basic strike against Otakamaru.
  • 27 Vs. 19 Full hit.
    • 99dmg.
0.00s. Shusuke unequips a dark child. (Quickdraw)

1.5s. 1.25s. Shusuke Blur - D-Rank Mastered using Mind Crush against Otamakaru.
  • 36 vs. 14 Full hit
    • 100dmg

1.75s. Otakamaru does a hidden action.

2.0s. Otakamaru enters Iaijutus Mastery Style: Mugai-Ryu.

2.75s. Shusuke Cast Rorschach Eye - D-Rank Mastered with Sensory Move Overload against Otamakaru.
  • 32 vs. 22 Full hit
    • 130dmg

3.00s. Otakamaru cast Wrath Seal.

4.25s. Shusuke casts Lethargy - E-Rank Mastered with Mind Crush against Otamakaru.
  • 43 vs. 18 Full Hit
    • 50dmg
4.25s. Shusuke equips Illusory Reaper’s Sythe with speed! (Quickdraw)

4.50s. Otamakaru uses Feint Strike.
  • 16 vs. 34 Miss

5.5s. Shusuke uses Brandish!

7.75s. Shusuke uses Steelwind against Otakemaru! (No rank stated, auto rank 1.)
First-round attack:
  • 29 vs. 28 Partial hits 25%
    • 25dmg
  • 24 vs. 18 = Full hit. impaled!
    • 99dmg
  • 25 vs. 24. Partial hit 75%
    • 74dmg
  • 29 vs. 19 = full hit! Impaled.
    • 99dmg
Second-round attack.
  • 25 vs. 24 = Partial hit 75%
    • 74dmg
  • 36 vs. 13 = Full hit, Impaled!
    • 99dmg
  • 30 vs. 25 = Full hit, Impaled! Bleed Rank 1.
    • 99dmg
  • 31 vs. 24 = Full hit! Impaled.
    • 99dmg

9.00s Shusuke uses Crimson Flash against Otakemaru.
  • 36 vs 18 Full hit
    • 730dmg

9.5s. Shusuke uses a Shatter Basic clone!
  • 30 vs. 13 Full hit.
    • 1200dmg

Notes:
It has been a long long time for me; so please... if you spot stuff, don't feel bad for pointing them out. I am still human, please contact me ON NINPOCHO, not Discord. For questions and the likes =) I will try my best to answer them as soon as possible.

Ōtakemaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
… Hmh. He could’ve sworn he saw handseals, but clearly not – moves made in such a short window of time was inconceivable to him. And it resulted in him seeing not one, but two Shusuke’s approaching him in combat!

But the way they split left Take shocked – which one was the real Shusuke? “!!!” And which one attacked him?! Even if he lifted his blade in a defensive position, his haori lost a piece of tissue from the sudden strike, all happening in the blink of an eye.

His shoulder was harmed as a result, widening his eyes to see if he could distinguish the real one from the clone in a hurry… but that was when a severe headache befell him due to his vision blurring. Was this a Genjutsu? Had Shusuke struck his optical nerves, somehow?

Despite this, Take still tried to leap forward with his blade swiping past the two clones, having entered one of the Iaijutsu stances that his mother taught him. Still, the blurred vision was grotesque – was it some kind of Genjutsu?

Cancel!

… No, maybe not. Instead, his vision began getting clotted in black ink dots, as if someone had sprayed ink at him from afar. It instinctively caused him to wipe his face with his arm in confusion, not having witnessed this Technique ever before. It didn’t aid him in deducing the real Shusuke from the clone, for each time he tried to hit one of them, they just turned out to be some sort of illusory apparition.

He lifted up his blade’s edge to attempt a feint stab towards one of the clones, only to intercept with a true strike for another… but that was when another detriment weighed down on his head. The sensation of deep exhaustion, as if it was past midnight already. Despite trying his best, neither of his stabs could hit their targets, leaving him open for what appeared to be the sources of his previous hit…

How he never expected Shusuke to be this proficient with such a multitude of weapons, much less capable of wielding multiple at once, was beyond him. With only Shokuryū-ren as his defensive means at this instant, three clashes still resulted in blood escaping his flesh, while multiple weapons dug into his body as if he was a dummy target for achers.

He felt like his arms and legs were on fire… the warm blood that trickled down his body felt oddly comforting in the midst of the onslaught, but only when Shusuke’s Crimson Flash landed on the blurred and disoriented Take did the latter lose his foothold and roll across the floor. His shorter blade, Seiryū-kiba, was used to catch himself on the dirt and stop falling back, but he took a bit of time getting back up on his feet.

Now, drenched in his own blood, it felt oddly numb in his mind. Maybe it was the Genjutsu, but... Shusuke had overwhelmed him. Layers of attacks, one after another, and he hadn’t landed a hit yet. Legally blind as of right now, he felt desperate – who wouldn’t be after such a dozen seconds of domination? There was nothing that his base strength could do against Shusuke right now...

“I... I can’t believe I’m this weak,” he cursed himself with a shaking blade, almost looking like he’d want to forfeit the spar then and there. That was, until burning marks began growing up on his face, shaped as licking flames caressing his skin. “B-But that’s why you gave me this... right? ‘Cause I’d slow you all down otherwise? ‘Cause I’d be a burden, otherwise? ‘Cause there’s... nothing I can do on my own.”

Unlike many other times in the past, it didn’t sound as if Take was digging at himself this time. It sounded more like he was genuinely mad at Shusuke... or was he just starting to project his own loathing to those around him?

One thing was for sure – Take wasn’t backing out. This could be bad for his health, but anger was an incredible motivator. Blade raised, eyes blood-shot, and chakra flickering, he'd ask: “Shusuke, please tell me… am I missing something?”

WC: 695 [MFT]
[Sending Actions]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Shusuke darted towards Takemaru, he would begin with his traditional opening move. The Basic Clone Genjutsu. He would open wide as a dark form would mirror the movements of the clones before lunging forward with a flick of a chakra thread as a Puppet simply appeared out of thin air and swung on Take. "Stay aware of your surroundings Take-kun. Your perceived world is nothing when facing a Genjutsuist!" He watched as the other boy attempted to cancel his Genjutsu. "You need to try harder than that!"

Shusuke prepped himself as he watched his peer take a readying position. Conjuring his favourite weapon, his scythe, Shusuke would watch as Take darted forward with his weapon. Brandishing the blade out to help his striking edge Shusuke would begin to conjure even more weapons to be at his disposal. Lances would appear in the air and launch down at Take following a rapier that would puncture through Take's flesh. A series of floating blade that mimicked flower petals would puncture and slash at Otakemaru causing large amounts of open wounds to begin to drench the boy in sweat and blood.

"Your strength isn't up for debate. This is a matter of experience Otakemaru-kun. You are skilled and proficient with your blade, but you don't have the hands on knowledge to keep up with me. This is why we are here! I am going to help you turn uou practiced skills into practical skills! Give me your best shot!"

[Actions sent]

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Participants
ShusukeOtakamaruIshi
HP: 7800 - 11.137 = KO.
CP: 13.639 - 624 - 15 - 16 - 6 =

AP: 10.5
Maintains:
Blur, Roschach eye, Lethagry
HP: 3.533 - 624 - 1500 - 1500 - 750 = KO.
CP: 3.195

Maintains:
Wrath Seal
HP: 39,000
CP: 30.940 - 2200 - 1030= 27.710

Maintains: Hidden
Chilling

What happened?
0.00s. Explosive seal from round 1.
  • Dmg. 624
0.50 s Shusuke used Shatter Blur against Otakamaru. [ 32 vs. 16 ]
  • 1500dmg.

1.00 s Shusuke used Shatter Rorshach Eye against Otakamaru. [ 25 vs. 18 ]
  • 1500dmg.

1.50 s Shusuke used Shatter Lethargy against Otakamaru. [ 29 vs. 12 ]
  • 750dmg.
Otakamaru is Ko!

3.00s. Ishi used a Sneak attack Against Shusuke. [49 vs. 26 ]
  • 11.137Dmg..
Shusuke is KO.

Notes:
Modded Explosive seal as 0.00 despite having to happen round 1.
I let this mod be double-checked myself before I posted this up... I am baffled.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shusuke let out a sigh. He needed to prove a point. Experience is what mattered. Snapping his fingers Take's mind would begin to pulsate with intense pain and his vision would become heavily obscured for just a brief moment before he inevitably passed out. Shusuke had experience on his side where Take had more practical skills. This mea-

Shusuke looked to the side where he saw a wall of water quickly approaching him. What the f-" Before he could even manage to get the thought out he was hit by a blunt force so strong it knocked him out. Fading into darkness he was worried what had happened...

...and if this meant his life was over.

[I guess topic left until Ishi drops me off somewhere lol]

Ōtakemaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
His Cursed Seal hadn’t finished spreading over his skin in time. Swiftly, his blurred vision followed up with intense, aching pain ringing in his skull – as if a group of loud elephants were thrashing on his eardrums. His vision was no longer just blurred – it was pitch-black, yet he still felt himself awake… or was he?

Was he awake? He felt awake, but everything just went numb. No sound coming from Shusuke… and no sound coming from himself. All he heard was the distant sound of beating drums.

… So he must’ve lost. How frustrating… if only he could’ve landed a single hit. Was there such a huge gap between them? Was Shusuke that much more skilled than him? Or was he… simply not skilled enough?

Your strength isn't up for debate. This is a matter of experience…

… Shusuke was younger than him, though. It’d be reasonable to expect Take to have more ‘experience’, and yet those words felt heavy. He wondered… what on earth… what the hell Shusuke could see in him at this point. He genuinely wanted to find out, just to take grasp of the sliver of hope that he had something special. Something… worthwhile.

[Topic Left unless stopped]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back