Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Those Who Pray, Obey = Open/Sadako

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths

When born into this world, shinobi, and people alike, are equipped with a few things: ambition, love, joy and happiness. It is expected of our peers and family members to support us during this period of growth. However, Totetsumonai Oda did not receive support from her peers nor the love from her parents - she only had her brother, Engei, to stand with her. Born with defects at birth, the younger sister was unable to attend the academy and instead was bound to a pair of disappointing crutches. Both her mother and father were disheartened that she was a failure, something that now burdened them profusely. Although they had one able bodied child and they instilled all of their hopes and dreams into him, which weighted heavily on his heart.

He went along with their whispers in his ear but made sure that his sister was loved and protected. She was the apple of his eye and that would never change. When Oda finally found happiness in the form of Endo, a local lad, she became undeniable happier and found light at the end of the tunnel. But fate had another trick up its sleeve, and in a cruel twist, the two were attacked by a ruthless band of drunk thugs: Endo was killed and Oda was left paralysed from the neck down. It was a horrible period in-which relationships between child and parent were tested, and ultimately broken.

Engei relocated himself and his broken sibling to their own home, somewhere away from negativity. It's a slow process but everyday is a new hurdle to face. However, the Chuunin never forgot that night... He never forgave those crooks who were let away with the crime due to insignificant evidence. The hatred truly began to build up in this host of kindness. Engei truly wanted these men to die for what they had done to Endo and Oda. He wanted to break their spines and curdle their blood. He was going to kill them, sooner rather than later.

The Chuunin found himself standing in a clear rooftop with plenty of space within Iwagakure, under the cover of darkness, the Chuunin-attired figure stood with his hand grasped around his sheathed blade as two golden ribbons wafted in the air, which were loosely tied around the hilt of the sword. He would hold out his left hand and stare at it emptily, his face stern. Those dull blue eyes slowly moved from his empty hand, which he suspended in front of him, and looked at the floating fortress that edged around the village. The crumble of paper, the flapped and sharp sounds ululated into existence forming a paper bird. Elegantly, the bird would shoot off into the sky and towards the Shrine.

The messaged edged into the parchment, when unfolded, would read:

Dear Guardians,

I wish to speak to a representative immediately.

Regards

He could only but wait for a response.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sadako still had to get used to how large and imposing the Shrine of the Gods was, the place that acted as the Headquarters of the esteemed Guardians. And the ANBU of course, but not very many people ever mentioned that part. In fact she was starting to think that the ANBU got no respect in the village, or at least anywhere on the level of the Guardians. It made sense though, with their glittery armor and pompousness they easily overshadowed those that worked in the darkness, at least in the public's eye. She leaned back against an open window, her ANBU mask, that of a kitsune and lacking any colorful markings, rested on the side of her head. She needed to start undertaking missions to move up the ranks, get her into the good graces of her superiors so she can start getting more access to their connections, which would make her life so much easier when it came time to hunt down her enemies before they killed her. Missions were few and far between and not very difficult however due to her rank, the young woman getting a good idea of why Yoruko was so frustrated when they restricted the kind of missions he could take.

She would be brought out of her thoughts as she heard chirping, tilting her head back further so she got an upside down look at the approaching messenger bird...or what seemed like a bird. It landed on the window sill next to her, taking it and slowly unfurling it. A simple message asking for a representative, black eyes leaving the paper to see if she could identify the source, spotting a man standing on a rooftop with a clear vantage point of the Shrine. A smirk crossed her lips as she slipped on her mask over her face, the shadows beneath her feet beginning to rustle and move before exploding into a mass of tentacles, eyes, and teeth, swallowing her up and leaving little trace she had been there.

Soon she would be regurgitated out of the darkness behind the man, silent save for the sounds of teeth gnashing together before becoming shadows once more. "Good afternoon." She would speak up to get Engei's attention after spending a few moments to look him over. The young woman would be clad in a knee length black kimono, with black stockings and sandals, her equally dark hair freely down to about her rear. "I take it this is yours? What's the matter, citizen?" She would ask, lifting the message to show the man she had received it.

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths

The Guardians and Anbu were regarded as both the light and darkness to the village. The guardians basked in the glory of the light, proclaiming their faith and wielding weapons in the name of religion. Anbu were the foundation of the village, they were a necessary poison that was used to weed out the rotting parts of this great functional civilization. Engei didn't involve himself with that side of the village for he was just a simple man with a simple life. He found the arrogance of those who, quite literally, stood above him to be overwhelming and needless - it was as if these Guardians were some sort of false idols that should be looked upon as if they were messengers from the Gods. They were only men and women who could wave the same hand seals that he could.

Despite his rank, the man was a fairly capable shinobi with experience and knowledge. He sensed a very odd presence emanate into existence behind him, which made his dull eye widen with curiosity."I take it from your entrance you aren't a Guardian." Engei would smile, turning to face the Anbu with his sheathed sword in hand. A smile remained gentle across his face. The Anbu, or Guardian, would reveal the message that Engei had sent and that it had obviously been received.

"Indeed," The Chuunin would nod his head, "I've come to ask you for access to information regarding some criminals. I'm unable to find anything about them within the local departments. I figured you might have what I need locked up in there. Engei spoke plainly, not phased by what power this shinobi may have - only fuelled with a dark lust. He would turn away for a moment and point up to the Shrine with the hilt of his blade, the two golden ribbons dangling loosely, "It's kinda important".

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You would be right about that." Sadako would respond as the man guessed at her identity as an ANBU, making no move to approach him for the moment. As he explained his reason for being there she would begin to toy with the paper in her hands, making a paper airplane, the mask obscuring whether her gaze was on him or it. She would toss it towards him once he was finished, the construct lazily making it's way through the air back to it's 'master'. "Information on criminals? I'm quite sure you would need to fill out some forms, you'll probably hear back from the Guardians in about six months or so. There's also better ways to make that request then sending paper birds around." She would muse, cocking her head to the side, thinking over his words for a moment. "Well, I'll take a guess and say that you're not a criminal. I don't think anybody would be stupid enough to expose themselves like that for information. So let me guess...."

She would begin to slowly walk about him, black eyes behind the mask looking over every inch of him, keeping her distance as she moved in a half circle around him. A giggle could then be heard as she stopped, leaning forward a little. "A bounty hunter would have their own contacts and certainly would never come to the Guardians...oh...is it revenge?" She stood up again, a hand moving to rest on her hip as she looked in the man's direction. "Now THAT would be interesting, it's like something out of a movie. Man gets wronged in some way and aims to make those who did it pay...what's the story behind it? Got your money stolen? Loved one murdered?Kidnapping? I'll need a bit more information on why you're after them...could also use some names too." This could perhaps be what the young woman was looking for, a mission that could improve her standing in her branch. It all depended on who the guy was after of course, certainly no one would really care if it was just some pickpocket or something like. She was hoping for at LEAST a triple homicide, maybe some torture to spice things up, a real villain that she could bring to 'justice'.

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Engei was right, she was of course an Anbu, Guardians would carry a weight of self-righteousness on their shoulders while Anbu just seemed to be more grounded. In the most unrealistic way possible. The black kimono wearing creature would scoot the paper plane back towards Engei, where it would dissolve into nothing before connecting with its masters flesh. "I understand that protocols that we must all follow but I really don't have the time anymore to ask the Guardians for assistance. A bunch of fanatics in charge, wielding religion has their weapon.. Eh, it's not my cup of tea, dear." Engei would smile crookedly at the Anbu as she began to circle the man with some unknown intent. The woman suggested motives for the man to be asking for such information, and then she mentioned the one thing that irked him so.

Engei's thumb pressed firmly against the hilt of his blade, immediately pushing it of its shelter to reveal an inch of the blade's frame. The sharp ring was a warning that his hatred and anger were getting the best of him the more he pursued the criminals. "I have respect for your people, who hide in the shadows, but none for those who bask arrogantly in the sun." The Anbu would have been a trained individual and may have been able to evaluate Engei's emotion anguish, which would lead him to say and do things driven not by common sense but dishearten.

The sword would slide back into place before he lowered his head, "I apologise, Anbu. My outlook on those who hover in the sky is not received well by others... I'm sure some part of you must see my discomfort." He would cock a smile, shake his head, and turn to face the Shrine with disappointment. "After all, where were they..." Engei would drift off for a moment before turning back to face the Anbu with an almost defeated smile.

"I have no names only that one of them was..."

He would pause and that momentary rage would fill back up again.

"A fucking Guardian."

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Souji loved the darkness, and it was enough to know the depths of the mannerisms of life around the village. Souji was the Guardian of Shadows. He was ordained by the 'Gods' he was the Advanced Guardian of the Corps that most acted like ANBU, but he didnt wear a mask. Nodding his head he would manage himself with his hookah puffing a bit on it as he would descend from the Shrine from his shift, but he was still on duty for the next ten minutes. It was funny to think about the wild fires that would stir up from the ideals that... Souji was one that followed his faith yet he never talked too much about it. He was brought into the branch by his mentor, but... he had long died. That was something that Souji wouldnt touch on much. Either way he would land in the Shadows, not far from a conversation with Sadako and an unnamed man.

Who was he? He heard the last bit of the words he spoke making Souji wonder about the branch a bit. He was indeed a Guardian. He followed the law and with everything there was always a chance of 'foul play' in all branches. It led every branch to be looked at in such a way that would make the entire branch look bad. There was always a bad egg in a group of those who did things for the goodness of a nation. Though in the shadows the words will all be known and he would hear everything until the point where he was shunned for his position.

"One bad apple spoiled the bunch is your opinion eh?"<i></i>, emerging from the shadows near by Souji'd take one last huff of his hookah and cast it aside. The smell of strawberries and vanilla filled the air for the moment. He would smirk as he looked at the two of them, "So... 'A fucking Guardian' caused you some problems? Could you care to show this Guardian's face to me? Where were they last seen, and who else was around to witness this..."<i></i>, Souji didnt play when it came to work. Nor did he want anyone bad mouthing ANBU nor Guardians. They all worked together. They had to have one another's back when the other branches wanted to cast the stone of hatred towards them. Either way though Souji would eye Sadako for a moment.

"Hmph, and you Amaterasu, you should know that Guardians, as long as myself and the Guardian of Lightning have been around have been on top of every single thing thats come through this village as best we can. If something honestly takes six months its because the branch itself has not been working to its full efficiency. Which it not mine nor her fault. Though I do respect those who speak their minds around their superiors, it takes alot of heart and with you being an ANBU... makes you more promising above the others of your ranking. The reason why ANBU and Guardians exist together is because Guardians are the ways of the old. While you are the new way... The supposed 'improved' way. We do the same work... And yet if a Guardian kills someone their identity is easily found... whereas ANBU are not. Why do you think this is?"<i></i> Souji could be an asshole at times but he did get a thrill out of speaking his mind when needing to. He was stepping up to the plate and taking a lead over the branch so that Lightning wouldnt have to be everywhere at once.

"Back to you sir, if you have a problem... rest assured, I will do anything in my power to solve it. To find the criminal and to show you his face. Because if he is supposed to be a Guardian, he is for the people... to protect them... not kill them without reason. Also if he or she, were a Guardian, what was their title? If you could answer some of these, I'd be very grateful."<i></i> nodding his head, he'd cross his arms and frown. What was this going to do and become? Well this could end one of two ways... and Souji was fully ready and equipped to handle a situation.

[MFT]
[Topic Entered]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I understand how you feel sir, but we won't really get anywhere if we just sit around and gripe about the Guardians." She would say in an amused tone as the man made it clear about his disdain for that part of the branch. The reason for it would become clear once he revealed who was the criminal he was after...a Guardian! "You don't say! Well, you're story certainly is surprising. That sounds like something I can assist with, but I'm going to need a little bit more than just that. Like a face, known associates..." She would say, imagining the boost her career could get if she managed to apprehend a Guardian, not to mention the embarrassment it would cause to the branch. It was like a win-win...though the smile she wore behind her mask would disappear as she heard a voice speak out from the shadows. She really shouldn't have been surprised that they would be interrupted considering their conversation took place right in front of the Shrine, no doubt drawing attention due to an ANBU talking in public with a civilian.

She was thankful that her mask covered her face, knowing that she would get in a bit of trouble considering how hard she was rolling her eyes. What was a joke about the bureaucratic process that governed official business in Iwagakure was taken seriously by the Guardian, causing her to wonder if they all lacked a sense of humor. He went on to defend the Guardians side of the branch, a motion that she didn't think was needed considering she hadn't really said anything bad about them. She would frown as he lectured her, ending with asking her a question about how easily a Guardians identity could be found. It's because the ANBU keep their identities a secret." She had to bite her tongue to not say something insulting, like that they had the good sense to wear masks, not wanting to make a bad showing to her superior...though it did kill her a little to show such subservience.

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Every single day, Engei would wake and lay in his bed for what felt like forever. He would swallow the engorged lump in his throat before picking himself up and heading down the corridor to the still room of Oda. The occasional beep of machines, far too advanced for the Chuunin to comprehend and with only a basic knowledge of how to operate them, ululated out as his naked soles made their way to the door. Everyday was the same, he would hesitate before opening that threshold of suicidal tenancies and depression. The door would moan open, his blue eyes would settle on the painful reminding image of Oda stationary on a bed with open eyes. She was always awake, sleepless bags under her eyes, with not a single word to say. She would swallow her thoughts, which would immediately turn to ending her own life and seeking the assistance to do it. Engei would never assist in the ending of her life, and dismissed her pleas for help, too afraid and scared of being left alone.

The Chuunin would clear her adult nappy, a humiliating effort for both children, before making sure that her tubes and feeds were attached into the appropriate place. It was after about 9am when the carer would arrive, taking a hefty wage for each day of work, and this woman worked 7 days a week. She was a kind woman, who often tried to speak positively to Oda, but was only met with silence from the withered woman with a broken body. Engei would get dressed and leave for work saying farewell to his sister and the career with a smile on his face. And every day, he would carry a physical reminder of that terrible night that essentially killed two people, Endo and Oda, which was: one Guardian badge. It was a platinum badge... Engei would never know the identity of this person, as any relevant inscriptions were worn away, due to damage over time.

How did he acquire this badge, and who was its owner?

Engei would have found this badge amongst Endo's belongings, Oda's then partner, when he went to collect his things at the hospital. It was scorned in blood and scuffed from the recent battle, a drunken brawl that was clearly one-sided. But now as our minds bind back to he present time, the Chuunin would look cautiously at the new appearance of another Guardian/Anbu personnel. He would own this sweet and delightful scent that filled Engei's nostrils. "More than one..." He would say dishearteningly, a frown appearing on his face as he looked between the two shadows. One wore a mask, while the other didn't - it was only guess work but maybe this other fellow was one of the despised. "I didn't see the Guardian, or his friends, it was my sister who received their enlightened beating and my brother-in-law who burned from their 'divine light'... She doesn't speak any more, the only words that may escape her lips would be about self-injury and depression." Engei bit down on his lip, tired and exhausted by the entire experience, mentally worn down by the burden of life that he carried so personally on his shoulders.

"He was a Guardian, and this is my proof..." Engei reached into his pocket and retrieved the platinum badge, offering it to the Guardian. He would look emptily at the man, suspicious, and curious at the same time - he didn't trust them and might not ever. For all knew, this new Guardian could have been the very same man that did the deed. "Although you understand my... feelings towards your people." Engei would give the Guardian a suspicious look, unsure by this company that now enclosed him. The uneasy feeling that he couldn't trust those entrusted with protecting the village. The second person, the Anbu, was happy enough to assist with finding out the identity of this person although its self-fueled; which unease him by her motivation. His hatred was not a tool for her to further herself, nor should it have ever been thought of in such a way.

"I appreciate all the help I can get, you two..." He didn't know how to address them, he didn't trust them let alone how could he mutually respect them until the real criminal was outed.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was funny how the tones of others changed when confrontation was met. Though Souji was very keen on his position. He did every job to the best of his abilities regardless of his hatred for someone or not. There was no time to be biased in the line of fire when it came to saving someone's life. He was one of the good guys, though he didnt ever seem like it. He truly cared for the village. He showed it on occasion but it was normally done alone or done quickly and behind the scenes. Souji was the borderline between the new and the old. While he didnt use alot of the methods of the new he was prone to his natural ability to stealth himself where ever he went. So he respected the thought of not showing your face... but the reason he sided with Guardians was because above all. Guardians never showed fear. No mask was needed. They'd show their faces to the enemies they were about to defeat in battle.

However, not many knew this... and Souji would not hold it against those who infact did not know. However, there were some that would likely need to go back to school and learn about their heritage. Because it was not just an Arcadian thing. This was Earth Country's thing. They were a deep spirituality rooted group of people who walked with the faith. Though, that was the Old way and the generations coming up would want the choices available to them... Souji would still pick Guardian over ANBU any day for the facts within himself anyways. Flicking his tongue through his teeth and smirking at Sadako's ploy answering his little question, "Correct little Amaterasu, you deserve a treat for your answer..."</B><i></i>, shaking his head and huffing before turning back to Engei. 'That platnium badge....', how could he have had it... Souji had not known any Elite Guardians in quite sometime... and he was Twenty-four now. In fact there were no Elites as of right now.

Souji's eyes would be riddled with confusion for a moment, "Well, someone hurt my family... I wouldnt hold it against his faith for doing what he did... I would hold it to the person. Less it was an act of direct war. I dont believe in holding others accountable for someone elses wrongs..."<i></i>, Souji'd look directly into the man's eyes as he said those words. It was his belief... "I will lend a hand to help as I can... Are there any clues or evidence that I can look at? Maybe I could talk to your sister and gain the information that way?", offering help to someone who just badmouthed your branch? Maybe it would help the bugger see things his way. Souji was indeed a good enough guy. One of the more dependable Guardians aside from the Sennin. So he was going to stick to his word as best he could.
<B>"By the way, I am the Guardian of Shadows... Or just call me Shadow."<i></i>​

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"Shadow?" Engei would raise his eyebrow with a smile, content with such a vague name. The Chuunin would move away from the two, with sword in hand, as the two golden ribbons rode the air currents that battered the Iwa landscape. The smile would reduce in size, his eyes would rolling towards the Shrine that now barely was in his eye-sight. "You seem nice," Engei would add, "And helpful." the man would add with sincerity. Engei was a kind, gentle and honorable man that had been through a little too much - it wasn't that he couldn't handle the emotional barrage but it was the continual assault that he faced everyday and every night in the eyes of his sister. He had held the Guardians in a bad light for a long time, or what had seemed like a long time, but in reality it was only a year or so when this attack had happened. "Faith is what this man should have been guided by and for him to have done something so evil... It just makes me sad."

The Chuunin valued life, love and people more than anything and it was acts like this that just tore away a piece of him. "It's a worrying thought that the ones who protect us, look over us, might need to be watched themselves..." Engei would shake his head and turn around, facing Shadow and the nameless Anbu. "I don't believe in painting others with the same brush but when you're as esteemed as a Guardian its frightening to consider one of your own being so capable of horrible things." He would raise his sheathed sword and use the hilt to scratch his forehead. "But what do I know, right? I'm only a Chuunin, be seen and not heard, haha!" He laughed heavily, and genuinely, the first glimpse of the real and happy Engei.

Let's face it, Engei was an average shinobi with average capabilities and he was fine with that... But he wasn't fine with the authorities, who were superior than him, potentially doing things that were not just and that were diluted with misconduct. Sometimes he wished he could change things... for Oda. Anwyway. Engei would offer his hand to Shadow, a piece of parchment materializing into reality with crisp crumbles and moans. He would offer the squared off piece of paper to Shadow, which contained the location of his apartment flat. But why? If Engei had such distrust towards the Guardians, what type of person would that make him to give away sensitive information to someone who could potential be a foe.

The Chuunin was an honorable man, as mentioned before, and despite his feelings towards the Guardians; he would offer a sliver of trust between the two parties.

It was a huge, dramatic step on his part. "I don't want you to tell my sister who you are... She'd never even look at you." Engei frowned.

[OOC: I can make a new topic for us Souji, if you like, to carry on the topic?]
[OOC: Topic left unless stopped?]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sadako would click her tongue as Souji teased her, crossing her arms as she looked away. It seemed that the Guardian was going to do his best to wedge himself into the potentially lucrative mission that she had been handed. She really hoped this wouldn't become a common occurrence, imagining one of the Guardians stepping in whenever she had something that could potentially raise her status in the branch. "Well, it seems that you've got things under control here...I'll just get back to patrolling or something. If you need anything let me know..." She would sigh as she turned away from the two. "She would say with a wave of her hand as she walked back into the shadows, swiftly disappearing from sight as the darkness enveloped her.

[Topic Left]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Souji would smirk at the notions he was getting. Amaterasu's click from her tongue would even allow Souji to chuckle a bit. It wasnt often that he would have fun with this. With hsi arms still crossed, he'd look first to Sadako, "Amaterasu, you are not yet dismissed, and this is your find so you will be leading it... As such I expect you to show me your skills in wanting to actually know who is at the bottom of all of this, like what your job entails you to do.", his chakra would flow out attempting to stop her from leaving. They were one in the same in terms of shadow usage. She was just not as groomed in the ways of the shadow as he was... or was she? Souji had to do something before this would go forth.

"Sir, I'm not afraid of my branch, I know humanity is capable of anything, however in one humans actions being a ripple on a nation... However, when you get into politics those rules change. If one man slits the throat of another who is not from his country it could be shown as a sign of war. Either way sir, I will need to see the badge with it I can channel chakra into it and find the culprit and see if they are still within the country. If you'd allow..."<i></i>, nodding his head he would hold his hand out and keep his stoic features, "As well as your name, because every lowly chuunin has a name of some sort. Everyone has a voice, and a name... which means we can all make a difference if we work together..."<i></i>, Souji was sincere, it was something he was taught recently. Lightning had taught him this personally... putting yourself out there for failure allows you great success. And with success, it was something served sweet...

"Once I have the item, I can find the culprit and we can help your sister... Aint that right Amaterasu?"<i></i>

[OOC: Stopping both from leaving.]

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Engei didn't need to dwell on the thought of giving the Guardian the badge for too long. He would listen to what the man had to say and offer up the badge, the platinum decoration that had seen better days. His hand extended with no ill-intend, a half smile prodded into motion as things were becoming a little clearer. The Chuunin would look over at the Anbu and then back to the Guardian Shadow. "If you two could help, I would be forever grateful. I am Engei." He took a deep breath, waited for the Guardian to take the badge, before stepping aside - near the Anbu.

"What is your name, friend?" He would arch his head curiously, unsure of her fake identity. After all, a fake identity was better than being nameless. "I understand where you are coming from Shadow, I do, but until he faces justice I don't think my family could recover." Justice, it was a funny word because it could be misinterpreted as a few things but what did Engei specifically mean by saying this. Engei would pick up the tone of the gathering with a confident, friendly and altogether quite sudden smile: "Why don't we consider this team work something like the start of a strange friendship!" He would exclaim, still smiling, maybe because it was the only thing he knew how to do well: be friendly and warm.

Shadow may have decided to channelling his chakra into the badge immediately, in which cause the culprit might even be caught by the end of this night. It was hard emotionally to decide what Engei would do to the murder, but he always seemed to forget that there was more than one attacker. A group of men, the others might've possibly been shinobi or worse, so they could've really been walking into anything.

"Oh! I almost forgot when I meet new people I like," Engei spoke to himself outwardly as he raised his sword, sheathed. He smiled and then switched where he held the blade now holding the sheathed tip. He offered the hilt of the blade to the nameless Anbu and then to Shadow. "It's something I do when I meet people I consider to be, well, not strangers. My sword, she's always very curious about those around me, and often wants to be held by them to assure herself. She's a strange lady but y'know, who isn't strange?"

Engei's Nanjirou sword had her own personality, a very bold a curious woman. They made a perfect fit for each other, oddly enough.

Uchiha Akari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tsuchi no Kuni, the name of a land that perfectly represented the aspect of a stone. Just like a stone they possessed an endurance that allowed them to outlast unfortunate events that could have destroyed other countries. Just like a stone they were stubborn and often lacked the ability to keep an open view on things. This was especially the case for the shinobi village known as Iwagakure. Perched on top of a building the child’s gaze drifted around the landscape, taking in the sights of the village. So this was the legacy she had left behind… The thing that her mother had fought and died for? Honestly it brought grief to the child’s heart. Gently lowering a hand into her pouch the girl withdrawn a small washcloth from it. Closing her eyes she found herself relaxing a little, resting the soft washcloth against the side of her face and for a moment it happened. The chakra imbued within the object allowed the girl to feel as if her cheek was gently being caressed by the one it belonged to, and for a brief moment tears rolled along her eyes. You see, this washcloth possessed the chakra of her mother who was assassinated on the day of her birth.

“This is unacceptable… Do you see it mama? Tsu-mama says that Keiko shouldn’t be so judgmental since they are humans but they reduced your legacy to this…”

Obviously she was talking about how this village… This settlement that had once been the pride of her mother’s hard work. However, now the child could only see a crowd of hypocrites who ignored the suffering of others all in the name of faith. Certainly some of their rules made sense, but to the girl the fact that the faith within Iwagakure forbid certain ‘things’ made the girl feel they were being close-minded. For example: Why couldn’t a girl whose existence as a human being became pure torture turn herself into a living puppet? In the eyes of this community she would be considered an abomination simply because the religion of their village dictated in that way. Death was meant to be a sacred thing, however in Keiko’s eyes death was merely a stepping stone into a different story. She herself was the perfect example of that…

“Who is to blame for this? The one who sits on your throne, or the ones following them?”

A sigh escaped the child’s lips while she tried to push back the malevolent thought that briefly drifted in her mind. As much as she despised the current state of her mother’s legacy the girl doubted that simply rooting out the problem by killing the ones responsible would solve anything. Still it made sense in a way… In the child’s opinion Iwagakure had been reduced to this sore state and the girl felt that unless the ones in charge could change the village into something her mother was proud of they didn’t deserve their position. This obviously meant that at some point she was going to have to take action and force them off their seats by force.

“What do you think Oni-nee?”

For a moment her question remained unanswered before a mental image in the form of a tall silver-haired woman shimmered into view before her, the Youkai smiling calmly at her. One of the Yami no Taishou, or the Generals of Darkness who had been a part of her ever since ‘that’ event unfolded.

It depends on one’s perspective my dear. Humans are ambitious beings, but often also blind and ignorant of their own flaws.

The Youkai made sense with her statement, causing the child to let out a sigh while she stood up and adjusted the large sword on her back. It was almost time for her to meet up with her foster parent to decide what they would end up doing next, but at the moment she was about to leave a feeling of nostalgia overcame her. In the distance, not that far from where she was a familiar presence, while faint was lingering about.

“This presence… Mama?!”

Without any warning the girl bounced off the building, jumping from one rooftop onto another as she quickly descended toward the location she felt her mother’s presence. Her reckless abandonment of her safety was not simply out of nature, but because her instincts screamed that her mother was around. Certainly it didn’t make sense, in the end her mother had been killed so many years ago and yet she could clearly feel exactly the same warm feeling coming from the distance as the one that her washcloth possessed. Having tucked in away the girl finally arrived at the scene, just in time to find a man trying to stop two individuals from leaving and with a rather loud thud, one with enough force to crack the tiles beneath her feet the child arrived.

“Not you---“

Her eyes gazed at the masked stranger, who seemingly was an ANBU judging from what she knew about human communities. While she fit the right gender she clearly lacked the chakra presence she felt. Her eyes swiftly darted to the other stranger who had tried to leave, her eyes wandering over his features.

“Nor you…”

And finally they stopped at the man who had tried to keep the two remaining ones from leaving, forcing the girl to blink in confusion. This man clearly had the chakra presence of her mother lingering around him, but oddly enough he seemed to be the wrong gender!

“Uguu… It’s wrong, entirely wrong… you have mama’s presence but aren’t rightly equipped to be mama…”

Sighing in frustration the girl’s crimson eyes settled onto the man’s face, a certain sense of urgency in them.

“Please tell me mister, where is Keiko’s mama? Keiko can clearly feel Keiko’s mama her presence on you but can’t see Mito-mama anywhere. Keiko has been a good girl for a long time so please help Keiko find her…”

That’s right, as if being prevented from leaving the group was not enough of a problem, they now also were interrupted by a girl who quite literally was a living legacy of Iwagakure for she was the daughter of Iwagakure’s first Tsuchikage, Kohanokata Keiko.

(sorry for intruding but Hamtaro said I could join this topic, since I needed to catch the elusive little hamster~)
(Marked for Training)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sadako would stop in her tracks as Souji called out to her, letting her know that she would be involved in this investigation. She was irritated, but she wouldn't let it show as she turned around, her face still obscured by her ANBU mask. "Yes sir, I'll do my best. Don't worry Engei, We'll find this guy you're looking for." She would say, watching him approach her and ask for her name. She would smirk from behind the mask, finding it ironic that despite the Guardian's being open about their identities Souji wasn't upfront about his. And of course being an ANBU she wouldn't be either. "It's Amaterasu, pleasure to meet you!" She would say as her tone became lighter and more friendly, finding it amusing as the man brought up the idea of this being a strange friendship. A friendship that would only really last until the end of their investigation...or would it? She didn't know what the man was capable of but he was a Chuunin, and her interest in him would grow as he talked about his sword as if it was alive. Was he a Nanjirou then? That could be very useful indeed. He offered her the hilt of the sword for her to take, an offer that she would need to turn down. A spiritual object like that could perhaps sense her otherworldly nature and that would cause a lot of problems, especially with Souji around.

"Well, It's very nice to meet your sword as well..." She would begin to say as she tried to think of a good way to turn down his act of friendship, stopping as she sensed something approaching them. Her body stiffened as it drew closer, a presence that felt somehow familiar, like an old memory. It would eventually make itself known as a young woman landed before them, the ANBU taking a step back warily. Visions began to flash through her mind, fragmented pieces of when she had a more feral existence. This girl...what was she? Sadako would quickly compose herself in hopes that the two men would not notice her reaction, instead focusing on the madness that spewed from the girl's mouth. "Ma'am, we're kind of already in the middle of something...but, uh...we can help? Please introduce yourself and...you say your mother is missing? When did you last see her?" Really she didn't care about the girl's problem but was more eager to learn her name, to find what it was about her that put her on edge.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
This was getting a bit crowded and Souji would have to work fast before he would lose the thoughts of those around him. So taking the badge into his hands he would begin channeling chakra, but his mind would be shifted when he felt a presence much like Mito's in his presence or approaching. His eyes shot open and glared directly into that area but before he spoke she would already be there. Doing a list of checks and balances. Marking off the other two by not having Mito's chakra on them. Yet she knew who Mito was? For those who didnt know... Mito was the First Tsuchikage of the village. She died brutally by the big branches at that point in history. One of which were the Yukata, the lowest of the three in existence at that time but it was still not in any way on the current family. Souji knew this because of his talks with Mito. How could he talk to a dead person? He could see them. Even Touch them. Though he had done the biggest thing against the law of Iwa, he'd raised the dead. HOwever, he felt that if the God's didnt want him to have this power, then why would they bestow it upon him.

"Mito? Do you mean... Kohanokata Mito? The first leader of Military leader of the country? She died many years ago... before you or I were born."</B><i></i>, Souji would speak with a cool tone. Never seeming to waver from his stance. Though he did crinkle his nose a bit after speaking as if he had to sneeze. Oooh mannerisms, how you never seemed like anything until someone pointed it out. He did after crinkling brush a finger across the underside of his nostrils to give the full effect. "As a matter of a fact... Amaterasu, I'll meet you at the hostiptal once I get the information and location of the person who might have done this, you smooth things over with his sister before I arrive..."<i></i>, Souji would then bow his head and speak once more before turning to Keiko, <B>"I'll be right behind you... I promise.", he never broke his word if he could help it... and a promise was certainly something that he would NOT want to break under these circumstances.

[Mft]

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Engei didn't really know what was going on. which wasn't such a big deal given that he always went along with the flow. This new person, an unknown person, appeared and began to ask questions about someone else that the Chuunin didn't know. He would scrunch up his lips and raise a brow, slightly blown-away by the abruptness of, whoever this person was, arrival. The offer of friendship, for the sake of his loyal blade's feelings, was turned down by all parties. It was at that point the personality of the sword turned sour and started to communicate with Engei through some lineage ability. She addressed her comical unhappiness at not being properly introduced, her voice loud and bold as if a mother stood over her child; scolding him for doing something wrong.

The Chuunin would smile at Amatersau, he would open his lips, and attempt to speak but find that the conversation had well and truly left the building. The Chuunin would fall silent before beginning his exit away from the group. Engei would hear Souji talking about finding out more information on the man while Amatersau came with him to the hospital? Which would be incorrect, they would need to go to their small flat in the living quarters. From there on, he would make his departure from the group, leaping off from the building and landing gently on the ground with a crunch of the grainy particles that laddered the road.

He didn't look as to whether the Anbu was following him but rather just assumed so. The trust he didn't have for the Guardians was still very much present and the hatred that serviced this distrust was even greater. It was truly as recipe for someone who would form against the establishment that was meant to protect the vilalge, after all, he naturally had displeasure for them as they hike their idols into the sky and talk about Gods as if they were real. These people were just indoctrinated and Engei would have no part in mindless abolishment of one's own thoughts and opinions. "Amaterasu, tell me about yourself..." The Chuunin would ask the shadows that followed him as they made their way towards the distinct that housed a great many shinobi and citizens alike.

It would be important for Engei to be friendly with the Anbu, after all she didn't carry a presence of Guardian around her. Albeit, care would have to be taken when communicating with his girl given that she still worked for the same 'company' that Shadow did.

[OOC: Marked for Training = 426]
[OOC: Topic Left w/Sadako]

Uchiha Akari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed answers would have to wait for a little bit for instead of answers she was greet by only more questions. The first one to address her was the masked lady who despite the fact they seemingly were already occupied by some form of situation decided to take a moment to question her about the things she said. Had to hand it down to them adults, they certainly knew how to make her repeat herself. The girl’s cheeks puffed up in a small pout, seemingly not pleased by the fact that questions were asked about things she had already provided.

“Keiko is Keiko! Kohanokata Keiko.”

Nodding her head firmly the girl seemingly thought for a bit about the next question. The poor girl wasn’t certain about when she had last seen her mother, it was likely on the day of her birth. Of course the child didn’t want to believe her mother died. Certainly she was told by her foster parent that her Mito-mama had died on the day she gave birth to her children but the fact Mito-mama’s presence lingered around one of the male’s in the group caused Keiko’s mind to be thrown into the turmoil of confusion. Was her mother somehow alive, and maybe waiting for her? Seemingly trying to formulate her question the girl finally spoke once more.

“Keiko isn’t certain… Keiko last seen Mito-mama the day Keiko was born so…”

The girl briefly started to count on her hands, however when she noticed she lacked the amount of hands needed to form the digits she needed the Youkai within her giggled briefly and whispered something into her ear. That’s right! It was 158 years ago!

“Keiko last saw Mito-mama one hundred and fifty-eight years ago. Therefore Keiko concludes that Keiko was indeed alive when Mito-mama disappeared.”

Nope, don’t you dare trying to tell this girl her mother died, there’s something called ‘having a heart’ you know? Keiko genuinely seemed to believe the man who possessed her mother’s chakra would be able to guide her to her Mito-mama. Still it appeared that the group was soon bound to start splitting, and therefore Keiko stepped closer toward the man and smiled innocently.

“Incorrect, Kage-niichan is right before Keiko, so how can Kage-niichan be behind Keiko at the same time? However, Keiko will stay with Kage-niichan. Tsu-mama told Keiko to be a good girl, but Keiko wants to find Mito-mama, so Keiko will follow Kage-niichan.”

Seemingly pausing for a moment as the two others started to leave Keiko couldn’t help but realize something.

“But that sounds like Keiko would be stalking Kage-niichan. Does that make Keiko a naughty girl, or a bad girl?”

Poor Souji, he was literally going to be stuck with a midget spouting nonsense. However, judging from the fact her chakra resembled Mito’s intensely, and the things she had just mentioned it might had been a very good idea for him to take her along. In the end what could possibly go wrong with babysitting a girl like that?

Most likely a lot.

(Will be stalking/following Souji)
-marked for training-

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sadako would give Keiko one last glance before turning her attention to Souji, nodding as he told her to go to the hospital and meet with Engei's sister. She had no trouble with the request, especially as it put some distance between her and this odfd girl that had showed up, wanting to shake off the feelings she got from her. "Yes sir..." She would say with a salute as she faded into the shadows, soon emerging close to Engei as the young man landed from his jump off the building. She would follow him closely, chuckling softly as he asked her to tell him about herself. "I'm afraid there's not much to tell, or at least that I can tell. ANBU, remember?" She would say as she pointed at her mask. "Secrecy is part of the job...what I can tell you is that I have your best interests at heart, even if those interests involve kicking the ass of whoever hurt your sister." She would say with a nod as the two disappeared into the distance.

[Topic Left]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
And they were gone, Souji would look at the young girl for a moment before sighing, he could feel and sense the strong connection between the two... and it wasnt going to be good if he summoned Mito here, so he would hold off on that until he found the connection between the two, it was going to be quite the spectacle if he managed to have come across someone that was still tied to the olden ways, "So, Mito... Kohanokata Mito, she is... your mother? How so? Like you said you would have to be over one hundred years old..."</B><i></i>, and with that Souji's demeanor would shift. Looming shadows around him would extend to her wondering how she could have done it if she was infact that old. He had no way of actually knowing aside from asking Mito herself... or better yet. Asking the old man... but that wouldnt help him any.

<B>"Hmph... So then? How can you sense her on me?", and with that he would just set himself back, leaning against a rock... or whatever was behind him. He didnt really know. He was getting tunnel vision. He wondered if she could sense the old man on him as well... but her chakra was within him. In order to keep the link complete he had to take her chakra and seal it on himself. It helped him learn fire jutsu as well... her chakra was strong. Very strong for him only to have a minor amount of it. 'Please I cant have her blowing my cover before I have a chance to make my case...', Souji would worry in his mind... and with everything in him he would hope that this wouldnt turn sour and get him into loads of trouble.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back