Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mission Thriving Thieves

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Things were busy and upbeat in Red Oak district, customers enjoying their afternoons with delicious lunches from their favourite restaurants and stalls, and owners faces beaming with the joy of selling their products. It was easy to get caught up in it all, Saturdays were the busiest of all and it was definitely showing today it was almost too noisy for the more introverted of people. In this time however sellers eyes would be sharp on any sort of problem or mishap which dared to ruin their business, and for some several dishes left out to be served had simply disappeared? Of course this sort of reasoning from waiters didn't go down with every of their managers, some people even being fired in the heat of it all.

An angry ex waiter had made their way to a middle aged chuunin complaining about how she's lost her job not of her fault, and it immediately was sent off a designation point was created. Meeting outside of the Ichiraku Ramen would be Benjiro the chuunin , four birds sent out to go find the least busy genins, alongside someone to lead them. Benjiro would patiently await in the meantime, viciously chowing down on some beef chilli ramen. Once they were to arrive he would give them the full details.

The letter sent out to the three genin would read...

Dear Genin,

You have been tasked to help scout and investigate missing food reports.
Please meet outside Ichiraku ramen, which is located in the Red Oak district.
There you will meet this mission's leader alongside being,
debriefed with where to look and who to talk to, good
luck on your mission we are counting on you.

And to their leader for the mission...

Dear Keiyaku,

You have been tasked with mentoring and keeping eye on these
three genin, they have only recently begun to get back in to missions,
and each of them will require a keen eye watching their moves.
We need you to make sure this low level mission goes smoothly,
but please make sure to allow them to do their best
without interference. If anything gets dangerous please do
your best to help and guide them, protect them as you
must.

Yamanaka Tsuruko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tsuruko, a blond bimbo of a girl judging by her heavy use of makeup and reputation soon wanders down the street toward Ichiraku Ramen, having first stopped by Chisao's house to make sure he actually was awake in time to come to this mission this time. She'd also have come with all her gear, this time a modified green kimono which had one sleeve removed and a split in the fabric to allow more freedom of movement, especially while welding the heavy warbow that rested on her back as it's string lay against a straining steel breastplate. Beneath the kimono was a fairly standard set of ninja wire chainmail.

While she was determined to get back into ninja work, her sad blue eyes only seemed to grow sadder when seeing that Beniiro was waiting at the destination, assuming that meant that he was the one who was decided to be their leader. She winces as she calculates how many years she'd have to put up with bad breath. The thought enough for her to look back the way she came and truly consider giving up for good after all, but with a sigh she continues on, perhaps at least it'd be fun to bitch about to her friends later.

As she approaches she puts on a fake smile, feeling obligated to engage in basic pleasantries considering the situation. "Aaah, hey there. You're like, Benjiro right?... How is your hand doing?" For a moment she glances between him and the setting, suddenly realizing that there was a good chance he wasn't actually here for a mission at all, in which case he might believe she just approached him by choice. The sickening thought causes her to wince a bit as well.

[288]

Pankesu Hayashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Making a house of cards is a classically time consuming activity and therefore you could find Hayashi partaking in it often. Hours had passed since he began and many times would it fall but each time it would be built back up again by shaking hands. Taking two cards and placing them together vertically to create an upside down V, and repeating this over and over again, starting with six upside down V's on the bottom layer, then covering the Vs with cards and creating a new layer. This time with only five Vs, then four and so on until a large upside down V is created. At least that's how its supposed to go... Hayashi had been stuck at about halfway through layer three for the entire day. Sure it wasn't the most professional thing to be doing on the counter of the Bakery you run and sure a couple of customers had led to its collapse a few of times, but he was determined!

"Okay... this is it" He said, sweating with anticipation and taking a deep breath as he placed the last set of cards on the third layer, moving onto layer four. 'Finally! After hours of throwing myself against a brick wall! This is what makes life worth living!' And just as he thought that, a bird slammed into the window of Pankeus Pastry causing him to jump in fright and fall over backwards taking the house of cards down with him.

After a good long lie down and stare at the ceiling the young man concluded that 'Man, i really need to get some friends.' Sweeping the cards off of him and stepping outside he saw a crow huddled on the floor with a small scroll tied to its foot. He scooped it up, carried it inside gently and put it on a table. "I told them not to send birds! I hate birds! Do you have any idea how long i spent on that card house!?" He decided he couldn't look the animal in the eyes any longer and read the note that it brought. "Right, looks like I'm off then, come on birdy you've gotta get out too" He said, gently grabbing the bird before throwing it out the open door and watching as it flew off into the morning sky.

Arriving at the Ramen shop Hayashi was struck with a strange sight: Tsuruko was... Talking to Benjiro?! The confusion this sight generated overpowered any sense of annoyance that would usually cause him to sat far away from the man and he bounded over to the pair to greet them. "Hello Tsuruko! You look great!", "Hello again Benjiro, take any of my advice about personal hygiene?"
The ramen shop was a discreet place perfect for eating out as a group of friends, as such Hayashi had never been. "So, Benjiro, dont you think its a little unhygienic to be eating from here at the monent? I mean what if this is one of the places which is having problems with pests?" Inquired Hayashi, quizzically.

[WC: 509]

Hishimoto Chiaso

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chiaso would give a low groan as his quiet time would be disturbed by Tsu knocking at his door. Oh well. Seems she got them a mission..Greeeaat. So much for spending the day off. Chiaso would lazily don his gear, eyes half lidded as he set off with Tsu, making occasional idle chatter as the pair made their way to Ichiraku's ramen. Honestly Chiaso has had quite a few meetings here, he's started to wonder why people flocked to this place for meetings. Sure the ramen was alright, but not that good, right? Maybe they put in some mind controlling noodles into the things or something, who knows? Never the less Chiaso would begrudgingly arrive with Tsu, giving the other two ninja that arrived a small glance before taking a seat. He didn't really care to say much, seems Tsu was taking the bullet and starting up small talk. At least it'll keep this from turning awkward, at least.

Chiaso would idly listen to the conversation, not speaking up as the bored and tired looking genin really looked like he wished he could be anywhere else. But for those who knew Chiaso, that was just how he looked naturally. For better or for worse...

[WC: 203]
[WCT: 203]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"What the flying fu-"

Keiyaku's eyebrows all but knitted together as he watched a large bird swoop into the open window of his bedroom, almost cuffing him over the head as it rested on his nightstand. Morutobu, the adolescent Shiba Inu, and Keiyaku's little brother, barked at the avian indignantly, not taking kindly to its rather dynamic entry.

"It's fine, Moru, relax," he said, approaching cautiously and taking the letter the bird had clutched in its beak. He slit it open and began to read, "oh, yeah, they warned us we'd be getting assigned to one of these, Moru."

The pup cocked his head curiously, pulling a face almost akin to a puzzled frown.

"We just gotta take care of some Genin; D-Rank mission around the village, it looks like. We better go meet them."

The first thought that struck him as he approached whom he presumed to be his squad of Genin, standing around a man going to town on a dish of ramen, was how much older than him they were. He glanced down at his letter, but rather than reread it, he sniffed the paper, then looked back up at the man who was eating, his nostrils twitching, always trusting his nose much more than his eyes. Yep, this was the place alright. Then, he recognised one of them, one he'd met on a good few occasions.

"Hayashi!" The Inuzuka said, grinning a slightly forced grin and greeting them enthusiastically. Keiyaku didn't look much healthier since the last time he met the baker; he still looked slightly pale, his eyes rather lined from a lack of sleep and food, but still his usual smiling self, he seemed to be coping well. He cuffed Hayashi good-naturedly on the shoulder, "how are ya, mate?"

Turning to look at the others, he was caught off guard by the girl. She was tall and blonde, her face clad with a liberal helping of makeup whose synthetic scent was slightly overpowering to the Inuzuka. From her height and presumed age, he almost thought she must be a Jо̄nin, but the fact she was on this mission told him otherwise. She had a very familiar scent; he was sure he'd never met her, but all of the Yamanaka clan smelled similarly to him. He offered her a handshake.

Then, he caught sight of the other Genin, rather sullen looking and downtrodden. Keiyaku wondered if he was okay; he certainly looked like he needed a hug. Smiling warmly, he cuffed him on the shoulder a little more gently than he had Hayashi.

"Heyo, name's Keiyaku, and this here is Morutobu," he said jovially, gesturing down to the young Shiba at his side, wearing a blue neckerchief and looking as though he was thoroughly restraining himself from bounding around and trying to lick everyone's faces, trying to remain the very epitome of professionalism. The dog couldn't help but give a happy bark though. It always made Keiyaku smirk when his little bro did that, trying to live up to their rank with dignity, "we'll be your squad leaders for today."

"And you must be.... Benjiro, right?"
He said, offering the man a handshake before awkwardly withdrawing it; he seemed to be a bit preoccupied with his food right now.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Pushing his plate away as he'd stop eating he'd see everyone who was summoned to the mission appear one by one not too long after each other. "Tsuruko, Hayashi! Good to see you again! My hand is doing fine and I've been doing pretty good. How are my two lovely ladies doing?" Despite his horrible social skills his attentions weren't as terrible as they likely sounded. Noticing someone else who he'd never seen before introduce himself to his two friends, Benjiro reached out his hand to shake his though it was a little too late. "Oh! Uhm. Yeah i'm Benjiro. So looks like you'll be running this mission for them. I could have sworn there was supposed to be three genin right?" Taking a small glance around yet he couldn't see anyone of particular importance he'd focus in on the three. Standing up as he walked them out in to the Red Oak District he'd begin to explain to them.

"Well anyways. I suppose I should tell you where these reports have been coming from. So here in Ichiraku Ramen there's been a couple reports from the owner himself Ichiraku that plates had been apparently... swiped? You'll likely have to speak to him more about it, I'm a bit busy so sorry I couldn't get around to it. But hey at least I got my meal. There's also been word of animal tracks of varying sizes, small yet plenty bites in patrons food have apparently plagued Azumi's dango shop. And last, probably least massive chunks have been taken out of people's pastry as soon as they look away for a moment in Pankesu's pastry. Whatever is going on, it needs to be sorted quickly, I could only imagine how it'd feel to have lost my precious food. As said before Keiyaku you are in charge, I trust you to protect my friends from whatever harm might cross their paths!" Clenching his hand dramatically as he grits his teeth, their safety seemed a lot more severe to him than it really was.

Spinning back round making his way back to tuck in to the rest of his ramen, a tragic event had taken place whilst he was distracted. "N-no.. This can't be! MY MY RAMEN!!!" It had vanished with only traces of spilled broth being left.

Yamanaka Tsuruko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tsuruko would respond to Panketsu and Inuzuya with a far more genuine smile, immediately breaking from her conversation with Benjiro when the opportunity arose. "Ah hey! Haha, oh!" The handshake was a surprise for her as she approaches the two, likely recognizing Keiyaku from some point since she'd often worked selling poisons at the family flower shop. "Yamanaka Tsuruko, nice to meet you!" She takes his hand, giggling as she shakes it thankfully, greatful that their leader wasn't Benjiro. Still, she turns back to Benjiro again once he begins explaining the mission.

She'd speak up once Panketsu's bakery is mentioned, turning to him with concern. "Oh my god, gross, your place too? What are we dealing with a bunch of ninja rats or something?" She'd be a little distracted talking to Panketsu when the ramen disappears, still, the fact that it could happen in broad daylight with all of them standing there gave her pause. She'd let her weight rest on one hip crossing her left hand over to hold her elbow, while loosely holding her chin with her right, gently caressing her own lips with her middle finger in thought as her index points up, resting against her cheek.

[288+199 = 487]

Pankesu Hayashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hello Keiyaku, im doing alright man thanks for asking!" Replied Hayashi with a grin and a wave. He turned to watch as Keiyaku walked upto who he had just assumed to be another customer at the ramen shop, but now he realised that they must be the other genin assigned to this mission. He swiftly walked over to correct his mistake and introduce himself. "Hello! Im Hayashi, sorry I didnt recognise you there, im glad to make your aquaintance" He said, apologetically whilst reaching out a hand for a casual handshake.

"Benjiro, we've been over this, im a man! This is like the third time!" He said, waving his arms in a gesture of annoyance, before sighing and letting Benjiro carry on with his mission breifing. When Benjiro had mentioned pankesus pastery Hayashi hadnt really been paying much attention, but when Tsuruko turned to him concerned, it clicked. He rubbed his eyes tiredly with one hand and held it there for a few seconds. "Its days like this where i consider giving up bread once and for all, just walking into the forest and never looking back" He said melodramatically "But we have to save the other businesses from the ninja rat menace!" He declared, shaking his fist with a renewed determination.

"So captain, where should we start?" He asked enthusiastically, spinning on his heels to face Keiyaku. Just then benjiro let out an astonsihed shout and hayashi turned his head to see benjros empty bowl, letting out a short laugh he quipped "well, these thieves certainly know about comedic timing thats for sure."

[WC: 262]

Hishimoto Chiaso

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Huh?" Chiaso says at suddenly a commotion started, glancing to the spot where there was now broken dreams and spilt ramen. "Oh. Huh. Didn't notice that." Chiaso says, looking to the rest of the group. "Sooo, what's the plan then? Finding out who's stealing...Ramen?" Chiaso says, his disappointment immeasurable. Seriously, there were some degrading D-rank missions he's had to do, but this one? This was going to probably take the cake. Or, in context, take the ramen. Chiaso would give a glance around at the ramen shop. No way someone like that got by this many ninja unseen unless they were a palpable threat. But...For something so petty? Chiaso wasn't sure if he should be concerned, confused, or just flabbergasted. What in the name of kami was going to be in store for their lot?

Chiaso would rise from his seat, giving a long, drawn out sigh at he looks to the rest of the ninja in his group. "Any of you happen to see that ramen getting swiped?"

He wasn't expecting much out of the others. After all the chances that someone caught that guy was pretty low all things considered. He knows a few people here would be real quick to jump to it and grab at anyone suspicious. Though he does give a look around at the crowd. Was the person still around? Or did that thing just magically disappear? It wasn't far out of the realm of possibility after all, plenty of strange things happened in the ninja world, and Chiaso was about to be intimately involved in one of said things...

[WC: 266]
[WCT: 469]

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As Benjiro gave them the brief, Keiyaku couldn't help but let his eyes wonder down the street, wistfully recalling a mission with the ANBU to a faraway village, conducting high-stakes espionage while they searched for a Konoha informant who had been declared missing-in-action. Playing dinner-detective was a far cry from that but it was at least something responsible, in the same vein as community service. At the same time, that fiery Inuzuka blood left him feeling full of energy and with little outlet to expel it. Arms folded, he turned to Hayashi at the mention of his family's bakery, eyebrow raised slightly.

"And here I was thinkin' that breadhouse of yours looked spotless," he said with a chuckle, "might be worth you heading over there; you know that place better than an-"

Flinching slightly at the sudden yell, he turned to say Benjiro lamenting the loss of his ramen, which had seemingly been pinched right from under his nose. The Inuzuka's nostrils twitched, but being near a ramenshop which permeated the air so heavily with spices and meaty aromas, it was hard to discern any other, more suspicious scents. Looking down, Morutobu seemed to be thinking the same thing, exerting a herculian effort to avoid the distraction of food. He glanced at Chiaso, seeing the slightly disappointed expression on his face and inwardly relating very deeply with it. It did pique his curiosity though, how something so tricky to carry wtihout spilling could have been nabbed so fast. The prey had stolen its last morsel; now it was time for the predator to set about the prowl.

"Right, uh, cloak guy... what was your name again?" He asked Chiaso, his eyes briefly flickering to the Yamanaka girl, the strong synthetic scent of her makeup still making him wince slightly, "you and Tsu-....Tsuruko, was it? Yeah, you and Tsuruko talk to the owner of Ichiraku Ramen; maybe work a bit of that Yamanaka magic on him if he's having trouble talking. Hayashi, you head over to your bakery and Azumi's place; ask around, have a little look for anything weird. Take Morutobu with you, in case you need his sniffer."

Moru gave a happy little bark and planted himself at Hayashi's feet.

"If you need to reach me, just tell him to call me over the headset," he said, gesturing to Moru's ear which was plugged with a little silver device.

Despite being the leader, Keiyaku had decided he was going to take off a slightly hands-off approach, wanting to see what this crop of Genin were capable of - hell, maybe a few of them would be worthy of sliding sideways into the ANBU, if they had both the interest and talent.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back