Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

To Be Hewn.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
To Be Hewn
"These people are born, but ours are sculpted."
</FONTFACE>
There are many bonds who connect us to one another as human beings in this life. Ideas like the familial bond tie many of us together with the strength of ribbons on two wrists. In the world of the shinobi, the family often takes a backseat to organization bonds— the allies who you live and fight beside, often with the potential of dying by their sides. However, for many of us, as we shift through life like pieces on a shogi board, those familiar bonds change and lessen as we move deeper into uncharted territories. Perhaps it is the call to adventure that takes us to foreign lands where we settle, or the iron rule of a monarch crushing their people forces families to take flight in search of freedom. We live in a world of immigration; rubbing shoulders with strangers and new customs, ever full of wonder for us to explore.

Kaji Okada was certainly not new to living life in new lands. He was a shinobi who had crossed the borders of nearly every dominion in the western continent in his forty-something years of life. To him, this wasn’t much of an accomplishment though, as much of those travels were a matter of duty— war and pursuits as an agent of sovereign authorities. It was a life too long to condense into a digestible blurb, rather, he was a man living in the present with a history best left behind. Several years ago, he had settled in this land of lightning after being chosen by Lord Umashiashikabihikoji, his friend and the Hokage, to serve as an alliance shinobi in the Hidden Cloud. His mission was to oversee a transcontinental railroad linking the lands of fire and lightning, but once that two-year mission was complete, Kaji was in a budding relationship with his now wife, Yuii Kagetsu. A lowly commoner from the land of earth stealing the heart of a noble elite from the land of lightning… But that was a story for another time as well.

The Blue Lady was at the center of his being. However, whenever Kaji ventured to the highest peaks at the Spine of the World, the thin air felt like a long lost home. Galloping on horseback in the rolling hills where the haze gray banners of the Cloud were all but missing, he had lingering memories of years past. So when one of Lord Ayumu’s aides sent word to Kaji of a recent immigrant to the village with origins in his homeland, Kaji was curious. With that news came a request, which he obliged, to meet with the child and discuss their homeland at length. The aide spun the idea as a history lesson of sorts, but Kaji was never orthodox when it came to how he taught.

A request for her attendance would have come a few days prior, inviting Daenerisu Nanjirou for brunch with a fellow immigrant from Stone who’d settled in the cloud. The note would tell her his name, but left off the part about being the Grand Commander of the ANBU— that part simply wouldn’t matter. The setting was the Dawnbringer’s Plaza by the statue of Raiden, promptly at ten o’ clock in the morning.

On the morning of their meeting, Kaji’s habits of being timely had him there early enough for him to stop for a coffee from a vendor. He was a tall man with a slim physique that hinted grace over brawn, with a tone form. His semi-casual attire must have been worn a thousand times before. The coffee cup to his lips masked his clean shave, which was rare. His eyes were precocious and almond-shaped, with emeralds for pupils which looked around scanning the busy streets. His raven hair was under control, bound back in a loose knot as if he expected a busy day ahead. His mood appeared content, perhaps even cheerful until a sudden splatter of something white dropped on his shoulder, thick and with splotches of black and green. He shouted “Aww shit” full of ire, drawing glimpses from strangers passing by. He hopped to his feet, off of the base of that Raiden statue, which stood over three times his height and seemed to be staring down at him condescendingly then. There were birds perched all along the old god, and he too was covered in shit. Finally, Kaji felt some kind of connection to the chosen deity of the Lightning people.
“Raiden you smug bastard… Always liked you the least of The Five.”
<FONTFACE fontface="georgia">

-- Kaji Okada has entered the thread.
-- Requesting Daenerisu.
-- This is a private thread, please notify before considering entry.

Santaru Kaede

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nanjirou Daenerisu had done more travelling than most girls her age. Born in the Land of Stone, migrated to the Land of Fire shortly after learning how to walk, and fled to the Land of Lightning with her closest friends as a teenager. She remembered helping gramps with the wares in the store and watching the forges flare up. She even remembered her dreams of working those forges one day, a dream that had long since faded. Danii remembered the small fishing villages and the lovely fireworks tribute that lit up a small funeral service. The girl remembered the open seas she took to arrive in this land, the waters that gave birth to her new name. Mountains, snow, battles, pain, relief, and new goals were all memories given to her in her new life. All these memories built her into who she was today, yet the memories she longed for most, were memories of her home, the place she was born and where her people hailed.

Of all the dreams she had that evolved with her experiences, her dream to visit home had been the only one that held true no matter what. And that dream was closer than ever here in Kumo. Reicheru had not been born there. Gramps rarely talked about it and she had recently begun to learn why. But, through luck, there was a fellow immigrant from the Stone village here in Kumo and someone had been kind enough to arrange a meeting between them. She knew next to nothing about him besides a name and a location to meet him. As she arrived at the plaza, she tried to straighten out the few wrinkles in her dress. She had made sure to wear a nice but comfy dress, but not necessarily her best clothes as she knew it wasn't that formal of a meeting. Her long white hair was pulled back and tied into a messy bun to keep it out of her way. Over the simple, white dress, she still wore her minimal battle gear because you should never be underprepared. Well-polished leather made the chest armor and sheathe she wore on her back. Her trepidation over wielding her sword has not stopped her from her ritualistic maintenance of it.

Danii scanned the plaza and found the meeting location, well what she assumed was the meeting spot. She still wasn't completely familiar with her new village yet. The man she saw waiting for her wasn't quite what she had expected, but she really hadn't been told much about him besides his origin. He was a bit older and smaller than she had imagined, but she knew better than to judge a book by its cover. Gramps had been similar in his build. She knew there was more to fighting than brute strength, especially amongst the samurai of her birthplace. The second thing she noticed was the unfortunate gift from the skies that had fallen on his shoulder. She barely managed to suppress a laugh into a smile as she approached him.

“Good morning. Would you happen to be Okada-san? I am Nanjirou Umiko. It's an honor to meet another from Stone, although I don't remember anything about it. I've been told you could share some knowledge with me on the place I was born.”

The young Nanjirou gave Kaji a polite bow. As she straightened up, she reached into her pouch and pulled out a clean rag. She always kept a few on hand for general weapon maintenance and such. She offered it to him and motioned towards the goop he most certainly knew about.

“Umm… you have a little bit of… something on your shoulder.”

[WC: 613]

[MFT]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
</FONTFACE>
<FONTFACE fontface="georgia">Kaji’s staring contest with the stone face of Raiden came to an impasse when the call of a lass with a welcoming inflection gained his attention. He turned to discover a petite lass making her approach. Right away, Kaji knew she was of his people, noticing the slightest traces of Arcadian descendency in her cheeks, eyes smoky quartz, and ivory head of hair. She had the physique of a sword-bred kunoichi, and toted the weapon openly, much to Kaji’s approval. “Morning miha, that would be me; but you can call me Kaji” he replied with ardor and a smile. To Umiko’s bow, Kaji offered his own in turn, surprised by the show of manners rare from the peers of her era. “Aye, finding fellow Stoneborn this far east is a real rarity— diamonds in the rough… or I guess here it’s in the clouds.”

Kaji was laughing at his first dad joke of the morning when the lass, who introduced herself as Umiko offered some help with his shitty disposition. A show of “thanks” was followed by Kaji wiping what he could off of his jacket and smearing what was left on the gritty espresso leather. He started to hand it back to her, but yeah... so he stuffed it in an empty pocket for the time being. “just a little divine favor from Raiden, that’s all… we’re regular twins now.”

“But yeah, the Land of Earth,” said Kaji in his attempt to focus on the purpose of their meeting. “I could talk your head off for days about it and probably never get to something profound. However, I think there’s something that could pique your interest.” As he spoke he was observing his distant kin, searching for insight into what kind of stone ninja Umiko might have been. Her style seemed like that of eloquence meeting practicality. Kaji focused in on the longsword crafted in an exquisite design worn over her shoulder. “That blade of yours isn’t just for show— nor is it a style you might find in a smithy in this region.” He looked upon her with a knowing expression, identifying that the blade was likely enchanted in some fashion and clearly well-maintained. “Whoever crafted it was a virtuoso in the ways of Arcadian swordsmithing. With the way you carry it, I take it that it means something special to you, hmm?”

Feeling like he’d found a point of interest between himself and Umiko, Kaji had a firm idea of where they should go for their cultural exchange. Choosing the Dawnbringer’s Plaza was a decision based out of more than it being a pleasant site. Various shops and resources surrounded the pair of shinobi with a few options planned for the day. Kaji looked over his shoulder at a three-story brick and mortar complex with an open front not far in the distance. “Why don’t we go hang out at the forge for a bit? I should be able to show you some cool stuff there, and drawing our swords openly won’t be so alarming.” As Kaji turned to walk he’d reveal enough in his pivot that there was no weapon on him at the moment or even shinobi tools of any sort.

Santaru Kaede

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young Nanjirou forced a smile at the lame attempt at a joke, if you could even call it that. Honestly, of all the things she missed about her Gramps, these types of lame jokes were not one of them. Despite wanting to groan at the cheesiness of the joke and show her disdain for it, but Danii forced herself to take the more polite route. The forced smile gave way to a real smile as Kaji accepted the rag and wiped away the divine poo that connected him with Raiden. The smile grew even larger as the conversation moved into the real reason for their meeting.

“Well, I would love to hear about it sometime. Even just to compare it to the stories Gramps told me growing up. He always painted such a beautiful picture of the homeland and its culture. He always seemed bittersweet about having left. So, if you have days of stories, then I would love to hear them sometime. But for now, I'll settle for talk on the main tool of our home's trade.”

Danii's attention briefly drifted towards the sword hanging on her shoulder and then back towards Kaji.

“This one did indeed come from our home. It was made by my father. He learned the skill from Gramps who also passed it on to me. When I was young, I even dreamed of mastering the trade, but that path wasn't for me. I know the basics and love to watch a true master at work, but my talents are suited more for the counter than the anvil.”

Danii walked alongside Kaji allowing him to guide her towards the smith. While she was beginning to learn her way around Kumo, there were still plenty of nooks and crannies that she had yet to discover. She made idle conversation with him as they walked until finally her curiosity made her ask about his weapons.

“So, you mention openly drawing her swords, but I can't help but notice that you aren't carrying any yourself. Do you carry them in scrolls or something?”

[WC:346]

[MFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back