Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

To You, 2000 Years from Now

Jintou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Have you ever heard of some exotic food dish and thought “hey, I’d like to try that, but I don’t even know where I’d go about finding it?” That thing— it’s coming to mind now. You saw it on the television or in a magazine. Something that wormed its way into your head as the thing you were missing out on. The years passed and eventually, you might have forgotten all about it until suddenly that thing was obtainable and yours for the taking. Was that exotic dish good? No? You thought you would be adventurous for eating some roasted raccoon but there was so much heat added to mitigate that musky raccoon flavor that you were left gagging, gasping for air. Maybe you discovered you had an allergy to shellfish amidst some mussel prosciutto mascarpone pasta. Now say that three times fast before your airways close up. Sometimes, the things we desire don’t play out as anticipated. The food wasn’t good, nor was it worth enduring the shitty service that brought it to you. But, you’ll leave a decent tip because you’re a good person and only assholes don’t tip more than 15%. Right? Always provide a proper gratuity, it’s good karma.

By now you’re wondering where this is going? Well, it’s going to a market teeming with people droning about in peak business hours like ants on a log. There was a boy alone and finding his way through the morass, but a few too many shoulder checks and stray elbows from aloof strangers left him flustered and sidelined on the corner of a shawarma stand. The lad stood out despite being among many common folk who had enough in common with his heritage. Jinto was his name, The End, though things seemed more like a new beginning. He was meager in stature, with his twists of pale, curly hair helping him reach just above five feet towards the sun. His complexion was like a blonde roast of coffee and he was dotted with bright cobalt markings on his temples and cheeks. The warm red of his cloak was like copper-rich clay. Out from beneath the covering his hand gripped a long crook that was as tall as he was, which forked out at the top like a dowsing rod. Bright blue slacks were dusty on him from a day of wandering and sightseeing, and his yellow slippers we stained from grass and mud.

“I hate it here” he admitted below his breath, though he felt sure that none of the strangers passing by would so much as turned their heads if he belted the words. A youth spent roaming the valleys and hills of the Wind Country meant dreams of civilization for Jintou. He didn’t know exactly what he expected, perhaps more streetwise academy friends with nice teeth than he could count or maybe ice cream sundaes… icecream was next to impossible to get where he came from. Currently, all he had was that shawarma and it cost him most of his weekly stipend from the academy. Quite frankly, the giant roasted lizard tail his mother used to make was much more succulent.
“I wish something interesting would happen.”

Jintou Oba has entered the thread.
Requesting Kaen.

WC529

Mizuki Monika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
DwsQiLZ.jpg
Be careful what you ask for because you just might get it. Just as Jinto was wishing for something to happen he would be able to see me and my boy Finn just shooting the breeze - clearly outsiders to the world above in a sense that we both looked like a couple goons in this uppity place. For you to get the full picture of how we look; I was a baby faced 17-year-old with spiky shoulder length hair, black rimmed glasses along with a nice looking sports jacket that is black and trimmed in a loud yellow lining with the sleeves rolled up with the collar on the jacket popped. Of course, I didn’t wear a shirt underneath his jacket, mostly to flaunt his large dragon tattoo on my chest since it gave me that awesome yakuza look though what made me stand out more was that I had pointy fox ears along with a long bushy tail that he got through a weird mutation ignition when he became a part of the family since almost all the members are demi humans in one way or another. Finn, who was my best friend by the way, was completely anthro unlike me. Finn was just a huge muscular dude with bluish-grey sharkskin and a shark's head with a fin on the back of his neck along with gills on the sides where his ribs were. Finn also was completely shirtless so he could show off his tattoo on the right side of his chest, black jeans with a pair of shoes that were a size 22 with a blue neon light glow each time he stomped his feet.

Tagging along with me and Finn was my bot I like to call The Terran. Terran-0.1 to be specific.

The Terran was a mechanical spider dog assistant of mine with feelers on top of its head to act as hands so it can manipulate tools or any enemy devices. Its gears squeaked while it walked in front of us, scanning the area as me and my boy Finn just talked to each other about how up here was different than what they were used to seeing. Finn carried some kind of large bulky suitcase while I adjusted the shotgun that was strapped to my back.

“So Speed, this is how the other half live?” Finn jokes

“Yeah, nice ain’t it just too many cops around here for my taste.” I replied, seeing a couple of the SPF who always keep this place monitored. I noticed one of them looking at us a few blocks down but luckily we kinda shook that fella off for the moment.

“Aye the stores got some really nice shit too! Just the prices here are like daymn!” Finn laughed as he could see some extremely high priced restaurants around here and some really high priced shoes that weren’t even made for people his size.

I couldn’t help but laugh at the prices as we moved through the Commercial District then with an impish like smile my golden hues would look up to the sharkman. “But tell you what - bet you 50 yen no store here has one of these bad boys.” When I said that; I began to unstrap the shotgun from my shoulders then walked in front Finn standing next to my bot then began to walk moving my back from side to side while bobbing my head like I was listening to music. It took Finn a bit to realize it - but when the sharkman got a second glance at the back of my jacket he could see that the large square that was on the upper back of my jacket was a lenticular image of a innocent looking fox girl when I swayed to one side but when swayed my shoulders to the other side the fox girls innocent face animate into a ahegao face. Upon seeing this, Finn laughed at my jacket. “Damn you’re such a fuckin weeb, homes."

“Says the furry.” I laughed back at him

“Dude, we are both kind furry or anthros at least.”

[ooc: Entering topic]

HEAT METER

*The more its full, the more attention I get from law enforcement
+10 Heat for being overall sus

TH3 T3RRAN
XgIdKZE.jpg

Last edited:

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A rather unassuming day at first glance, the sun was high and hotter than molten Takahashi steel. Although this is Sunagaure we're talking about. Even on the calmest, quietest day there is a very high probability that something was amiss or some monster yet to be discovered. But for now everything was still, or at least in some sort of sense. The incredibly busy marketplace was anything but still, though the term still applied. This was as close to calm as this place got save perhaps 3 am.

5838f40f6cda276a10995f03ddfd1a32.jpg
Kaen had come to this hellish place in the hopes of completing some errands. Picking up some raw materials for the creation of toxins, strictly for official missions of course. And there was the issue of replacing the gear that was destroyed or lost during his battle at the palace in Sora. What's worse was the deafening grumble that his stomach had been making for the last twenty minutes. He wasn't entirely picky, anything would do. Human food just couldn't compete with that of a soul, everything else just seemed so bland and dull. There was a few exceptions however, like perhaps...

"One shredded dustboar shawarma, extra spicy please." The man entering the stand was just a few hairs taller than 6', that's about 183 cm for you weirdos. Weight what right around gainz. Truth be told he wasn't sure how much he weighed now. Long story short he had bulked up since Sora. His eyes had even undergone a transformation of sorts. No longer were they the burning crimson color they used to be, now they were a dauntless shade of turquoise. The terms of his deal made with Lord Sousuke was specifically no souls, the exception being wildlife. But it just wasn't the same, it felt empty and hollow. People were a different story, full of emotion, experiences, dreams, etc. Sousuke could never understand. Thus the reason for the change, for without ample soul energy the Ancient within him was quieter, so to speak.

"You got it, coming right up!" With another customer the owner of this, um... 'fine' stand, he replied with enthusiasm. In contrast to the shawarma stand's owner's voice, Kaen's was deeper for sure. The tone felt serious with just a touch of irreverence. Given his time spent in the Anbu he had adopted a more assertive and formal as opposed to his more care-free, abstaining from any sort of formality youthful self. A scar was also plainly visible as it took up up about a fifth of his face. A souvenir from the Ancient abomination that had been kept within the deepest dungeons of the Palace of the Glorious Immortal. With enough epidermal therapy coupled with some heavy medical ninjutsu he could probably have it fully healed, but he chose to keep it for a time. It would serve as a reminder to yet another failure that little to nobody would ever learn about, maybe.

Though he had immediately noticed the massive shark-like creature just outside in the midst of the market, he had not noticed the foxy-boi brandishing a shotgun. That being said, this was Sunagakure, home of the unique and dangerous. It would be hardly surprising to see someone wielding a weapon or two, or five. He did however take note of the Sunan-natural youngster hiding in the corner. He would glance at the unassuming boy, quickly making all of these assumptions. Was he a student or just another street rat like he had been before... Well, before he wasn't.

Attempting to make light conversation to distract from the irritating droll of the combined voices of those scrambling about outside Kaen would speak to the owner. "This one yours?" He asked, gesturing to the boy in the corner with a nod in his direction. Perhaps the boy was his son and brought him to work, I don't know. Looking away from the sizzling pan of boar meat to get a look at the boy he replied; "Mmm-nope, never seen'em before." Not the talkative sort, this shawarma maker was. But with what little he said Kaen knew the owner was an asshat. "Hey kid, if you're not buying you're wasting space for paying customers. Get outta here will ya?" Raising his hands in protest, waving them a little, Kaen would interject. "Woah there, I wasn't trying to get'em kicked out." Pausing a moment he would turn to the boy. "You hungry kid, I'm buying?" With that Kaen would pull out a 5,000 yen bill and place it on the table indicating to both the owner and the boy he could make good on his word. Should he accept Kaen would ask the owner to make whatever the kid asked for. Having the position he held within the Anbu, as well as his rent-free estate granted to him by Lord Sousuke meant he had money to burn, when it suited him anyway.

Jintou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
The duo of beast-men and their construct moved with a presence that made the maze-like merchant’s district feel small. Since Jintou's instruction at the academy began he came to learn more of the unique traits of the Sunan natives. He met feral, fang-marked folk on his first quest— ferocious humans in touch with predatory might and traits. However, Jintou had only heard stories of those who developed physical features more obvious than mere labels like strength, speed, or mental acuity. When Jintou set eyes on the pair of subterranean degenerates drawing nearer, he wondered if he seemed just as foreign in appearance the day he first entered Primus’ Bulwark.

It was debatably the nature of the hidden village to promote exclusivity, was it not? Like power, control is best kept in the hands of the wise; the few. Order was the product of tradition and obedience. Even today in your village, many of the elite and even minor ninja houses, or clans, prioritize the protection of their secret techniques with the efficacy of wealthy nobles guarding family fortunes. This is tribalism at its core. It is something as human as the desire for a sandwich and a good fuck. Ninja are human (mostly): social animals who enhance their sense of self-worth through the idea of belonging to a group and the prestige that comes with it. It is the belief in the social pecking order that creates the desire to be a part of it, and whether you wish to be at the top of it or the bottom. To be honest, being on the bottom isn’t that bad… I mean it is, I’m not going to lie to you, after all this is supposed to be a true story, isn’t it? But think about it. At the bottom of the hidden village hierarchy, you get the easiest missions. Rescuing cats out of trees and shit. Then you get to learn how to make literal copies of yourself. Approximately one in every three male academy students knows what it’s like to objectively watch themselves copulate with a kali melon. It’s a known fact that there was a melon shortage the very same year that the Hidden Cloud saw its most talented class graduate. Legend has it that they were almost named the Village Hidden in the Melons.

There is a fallacy to that tribalistic mentality: the folly that, for a group to prosper there must be another group that does not. Often enough this means that someone must suffer or be the subject of ridicule. Within his first week of joining the village, there was one of those rare, once-in-a-lifetime spreads of a hard-to-pronounce, third-world country kind of virus. Jintou was placed in quarantine and missed his first week of class under the suspicion that he might have brought in the sickness from his nomadic clan. Actually, Jintou had never been sick a day in his life! Well, there was the time he ate from the suspicious shawarma vendor with the wicked side-eye, but that was yet to come.

Jintou had forgotten his manners as he continued to visually scan the fox and shark-blooded youth. In virtually any social circle, you were asking for trouble by staring at someone bigger and badder than you— but Jintou was more captivated than he was itching for conflict. Two diamond-pupil eyes blinked in rapid succession like a sudden resetting for Jintou. A broad-shouldered veteran ninja called down to him with a deep voice, the kind one might earn through years of jutsu proclamations, ninja way recitations, and the occasional roar in anguish. Acts of kindness were certainly on the rare side in the desert, let alone a stranger offering to pay for your meal. But with all the looking-down he had been the subject of so far, the boy wondered if this stranger was simply feeling generous from a position of privilege. His thoughts went back to the teachings of his father then— a proud man who thought lowly of handouts. He would have recited one of several antiquated sayings, such as: "quid pro quo," something for something, as in everything came at a price. So Jintou wondered what would be the cost for the shawarma and his mind raced.

“Yes sir” Jintou answered with an accompanying nod. “I accept this debt, but know that I cannot repay it in blood today, for my vow to Sunagakure is sacred.” Jintou wasn’t sure just how sacred that vow was but he thought it sounded official for his first street-side ninja contract. “The shawarma and you’ll name their name... I’ll see it done, somehow.” His hands began to tremble and he gripped his wooden bident tightly to strengthen his resolve. “Wait, I see now… Us versus them?” He pointed the prongs of his bident towards Finn and Jakki, tips nervously shaking. “The blue one is huge, you take him. And remember, I said I won’t kill them for you!”

Last edited:

Mizuki Monika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
DwsQiLZ.jpg
While me and my boy Fin was messing around, I just looked over for a moment to see a kid pointing at us and looked to be talking about us to some bulky looking redhead with a scar. At that point, my face went to stone since to me it looks like the little shit was snitching and we all know what happens to snitches. Fin stopped, then turned his head to land his cold fishlike eye where I was looking, scrunching up his face in what seemed to be anger. “Yo speed.. You seein’ what I’m seeing?” growled the sharkman.

“Yeah, I feel like starting some shit with that kid over there.” when I said that, I cocked my shotgun back and forth to hear that badass sounding 'CHICK-CHICK’ while looking straight at the kid with a stone look. Upon hearing the pump action of my gun, The Terran was instantly switched into battle mode, little hatches opened upon the side of the mechanical horror revealing its built in Mini railguns which didn’t do much damage but was cool to have nonetheless. I was about to just go up there and give the little shit a little lesson in tattling but that was when my arm was grabbed by Fin stopping me from going up to the kid. I looked at him like ‘whats the matter with you’ then began to try to pull out of the shark's grasp.

“Listen Speed… I don’t think the kid is doing what you think he is doing at this moment.” said the sharkman.

“Oh yeah, then tell me wise guy, what do you think he’s doing over there talking to that guy over there.” I snapped at Fin.

“I think he just might - wanna autograph.” Fin said and by his tone he sounded like he was actually serious.

I looked into those black fish eyes of his, as if to say ‘really?’ Seeing the seriousness in the sharkmans face I just repeated the last word he said. “A fuckin’ autograph?”

“Yeah, I mean look at us. We got guns, tats, and part animal so clearly he wants an autograph from us. Guess our Unnamed gang are like secret celebrities or something.” Fin shrugged.

Now if I had any sense, I would have probably seen through that bullshit this shark was talking. But this was Fin, he never steered me wrong before so it didn’t take too much to convince me that this kid did indeed want an autograph. I stopped for a moment, reflecting on my whole life and how an asshat like me could famous so quickly by just fixing up weapons and doing a jobs on the side. I didn’t think much of the tats but now kids stopping us for autographs it was a no brainer why they would ask some redhead guy to talk us up. “A autograph huh, we in the major leagues Fin my dawg! MAAAAAN~” lowering my gun, i rubbed my chin then looked over at Fin for a moment. “You think these tats will get us girls. The kids respecting us is alright and all but I need me to be a good looking fox lady.”

“I mean we are both, highly desirable shirtless furries. Pretty sure we’ll find some like minded weirdos around here.” Fin said, looking at a random woman who he gave his best smile to but they kinda screamed and like ran away when seeing Fins smile. Guess that lady wasn’t into a maniacal sharkmans smile.

“Well, let's go meet little man, I think I got a way to make an impression. Just follow my lead.” I gestured my head towards the restaurant and that's when we approached the restaurant; activating the explosive seal that I had on my gun just in case the owner felt a little froggy. When we went into the restaurants, I let my mechanical horror enter first to get a little scan of the area before me and Fin went in. I brandished my weapon with both hands, throwing my shotgun over my shoulders then looked around at the nice restaurant before whistling. “Nice place we got here aye Fin?” I said, but Fin stayed silent. Kind going for the strong but silent type of gangster when I started to play the tough fast talking fixer. Yanno give little man a little show to see what he would become if they just throw out the whole duty to the village and focus on being a street samurai! Make being a gangster seem cool so they join up yanno?

With a hint of swagg in my step, I walked up to the counter then sat down, kicking my feet like I owned this place while Fin looked at the menu trying to find some healthy options since it looked like they would be eating here. “Aye Fin what you having man!” I yelled at the sharkman who would then yell back at me.

“Ask the owner what the healthiest choice is here! Like I’m seeing a whole bunch of calories on this menu man.” he flipped through the options trying to figure out just what was the healthiest option here.

Left unless stopped

HEAT METER

*The more its full, the more attention I get from law enforcement
+5 heat

TH3 T3RRAN
XgIdKZE.jpg

Last edited:

Jintou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Accept it as good karma coming back to you whenever a twist of fate turns your failure into a second chance. Once when Jintou was a mere sprout, he watched as his uncle accidentally set his hair on fire while demonstrating how to light a caged arrow packed with a flammable paste. Antoku ruined his twenty-year dreadlocks that day, but he also subsequently discovered just how handsome he looked bald. As for here and now, maybe it was a divine twist of fate that Kaen did not acknowledge Jintou’s faulty conclusion. There is no such thing as a coincidence. The fact that the urchins were approaching Jintou meant that they were energetically aligned with Jintou and that there was a glorious purpose to their meeting.

It seemed as if his shawarma benefactor and the vendor were entering a heated debate over the freshness of the meat, and with their volumes rising Jintou was left to his own devices. Jintou stepped aside three paces, making some room between himself and the shawarma stand, and gestured for the gun-toting pair to go ahead of him. But then the pale-skinned, frail-framed one of the hybrid beast-men offered a quaint greeting.
Jintou’s lip skewed and he shrugged before forcing a grinning response. “Oh uh, dunno just how nice… “I think my friend there is about to burn this place down if the vendor doesn’t stop trying to give us leathery, crusty meat that’s been sitting all day.”
As they paused to glance about, Jintou paused in turn, though he was glancing at the third creature marching at the duo’s side instead.

The question from one of the two friends to the other snapped Jintou out of his inspection of the TERRAN machine and he interrupted with an index finger waving.
“Hey, big guy— I... wouldn’t recommend having anything off the menu from here if you’re trying to eat smart.” Against his better judgment, the boy found himself trying to drum up conversation with the odd pair. Perhaps he felt guilty for jumping to conclusions previously, but was it so wrong to assume the worst about strangers openly carrying advanced weaponry? Jintou actually didn’t know how to operate a gun, in fact, he barely recognized Migi’s shotgun as one. As far as he knew, you pointed a gun, spoke a magic word, and the ammunition just came out.
“Here, you should take this,” Jintou swept aside his cloak and revealed one of those standard-issue pouches from the shinobi academy. He popped the button and withdrew two of those hard as hell granola bars in the green wrappers, you know exactly what I’m talking about. “I was going to have this for lunch but I think that guy behind me is trying to adopt me or something. I’m not an orphan, just tired of living off these. I promise they’re not that bad… Want ‘em?” He approached the shark-man and presented his offering, waving them like some grand prize for the taking. “If you’ve been eating better before now, you’re going to end up with mud butt eating from here… ten outta’ ten.” Believing he was convincing, the clever lad presented more if Jakki took the first two, and tossed them to Migi as well if he would partake. Could Jintou get rid of the granola bars plaguing his snack pouch AND make some friends? Talk about a legend in the making.

Jintou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
It was then that I had to bring this little story of yours to a quick stop. You see, events don’t quite suit the narrative or bigger picture of it all— events that distract from my end goal. Of course, what is life without mundane moments? Just as you require the bitter to better appreciate the sweet tastes of life; what will you miss when these moments are so abundant? Nothing, that’s what. You won’t. So as I make my presence known and bring this instance to a crawling stop, do not feel so deprived as I neuter you of this undesirable instance, one that does not bear a place within the great tapestry of our time. This is the clipping of a rogue thread that would only lead to ruin if left unfettered.

For the record, it wasn’t the shawarma that drew me here, so much as the inclusion of the undesirable creatures— distractions, really.

I arrived like a breeze, so subtle, as the rift formed a seam in some back alley of the merchant’s bazaar. Stepping out onto the cobblestone and gritty sand swept off the streets, I was reminded of how humans could survive in any condition like roaches. The Sunans were, by all of my accounts, symbolic of mankind’s ability to thrive among even the worst of odds. Their understanding of the ancients’ power and technology set them apart from the other humdrum peoples of their land, and yet, they humbled themselves by keeping dirty streets and the perils of the desert bearing down on their cityscape.

While cutting threads has never brought me joy, it would be unlike myself to remit a chance to remove all recognition of creatures like this Fin and Jakki from the story of the Third Sun of House Oba. While mistakes must be made, removing all influence of these creatures would ensure that the Oba boy becomes as intended. There was also the matter of Kaen Shinku, who would come into play at some later time— so I would have to cut this thread carefully so that the course resumes. Kaen Shinku and Jintou were set to meet again outside the bastion of Primus’ Bulwark in approximately…

I was standing amongst them all; Jintou, Kaen, and the beast-men, when I flicked my wrist to observe the time on a golden band, luxury piece. Dozens of hands glided effortlessly, telling not time but times with a boldened letter “S”. If I could cut the meeting with Shion and that Nobu fellow too I would, gladly, but instances of threads including Miroku Akkuma are apparently off-limits by the orders of my benefactors. Yes, even your narrator answers to someone.

Not one to bore you with the details, I’ll be quick about it. With my instrument in hand, this time a mere dagger, I proceeded to cut through the seams of space and time, unraveling this instance from the very fabric of this fragile little universe. Like any proper editor, I then paste it back into the reality you’ve come to know and the day will resume as intended. Those ants on their log wouldn’t feel even the slightest change to impact their circadian continuities. Fin and Jakki would never come to the surface of Sunagakure, at least not in an instance that came in contact with Jintou or even Kaen Shinku. They would never endanger the village with their construct, “Th3 T3rran,” and for that, you can thank me now, or better yet, never is fine.

Thread Cut due to Inactivity.
6jfviginjyi51.png

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back