Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Tomb of my Beloved (A rank Mission)

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Three aspects of Kuro left the dojo and began to head southeast Sanryokyougan Kuro, Chouryoku Kuro, and Akuma Kuro. It felt odd that he didn’t have to fight the storm anymore, it also meant he would reach the temple in record time. As he crested the dunes Kuro would break his step now and then to move with the motions of the sand. At the base of the sands Kuro would leap to the crest of the next dune. After thirty miles of travel Kuro should have stopped for water but there was no longer a massive storm forcing him to slow his pace or wear upon his endurance. His stillsuits were covered in Toraono Clan ritual battle armor to ensure nothing pierced the vital points of his second skin that made sure none of his bodies wasted any water. Even the strongest of beasts could be brought low by water loss unless you were a sandwyrm. Dehydration could kill any living creature except a sandwyrm, their actual bodies worked in complete denial of water, in fact it was the usage of water that actually brought sandwyrms harm. After three hours Kuro had arrived at the mountainous ridge where the entrance to the Ancient Temple of Wyrmriders was hidden. The full weight of loss and melancholy from memories of what Kuro had found and lost in this special domain slowly encompassed Akuma Kuro’s mind and began to weigh heavily upon his heart, the back of his neck, and his shoulders. A cool breeze with the scent of burnt flowers wafted across his nostrils and made the air taste odd. A feeling of cold trepidation began to turn in his gut. Nothing should be burning out here…

A sense of urgency came upon him and they moved in a massive burst of speed completely forgetting to keep their pace broken so as not to attract sandwyrms. Yet Akuma Kuro could not shake the eminent fear of what lay ahead of them. The temple was sacred, hidden, it was on no recognized map and only special caravans even came close enough to the Hellstrom range to even marvel at this area and none knew of the hidden routes through the area and yet as he leaped atop the rocky crest the acrid scent of burned flesh assailed his senses. The bodies of three priestess of Mother Suna lay in the valley below, two were burned to a cinder, one still seemed to be whole as if she lay in a serene sleep partially covered by the sands. The turns of concern and rage held the weariness of heartache and sadness at bay as Sanryokyougan Kuro leapt down to check upon the remains. While Akuma Kuro and Chouryoku Kuro took up watch and began to listen and sense for any movement, chakra, or the feeling of death. Sanryokyougan Kuro verified two of the ladies of Mother Suna had indeed been burned to death. Their sacred jewelry which served as keys to access the temple were missing. They had died fighting, fighting someone whom controlled flame in a manner far beyond Toraono Clan lessons.

The acolyte was alive but, she was under some kind of genjutsu that kept her in some kind of stasis hovering on the verge of death. She had been stabbed through her stomach but the damage had been blunted by her clothing and a leather girdle. With deft movements Sanryokyougan Kuro drew his sacred Takahashi steel blade and began to pour divine healing through it sealing her wound from the inside out leaving a faint scar where her flesh had been scorched.

The acolyte did not stir from her trance and Kuro could not wait for her to awaken. Drawing upon the stone in the area Kuro created an earth clone of himself and planted the command to defend the acolyte from anyone that would do her harm. With an obedient nod the clone of Kuro sat in front of the acolyte casting his shadow over her to provide her with shade. With a nod Akuma, Sanryokyougan, and Chouryoku Kuro headed for the entrance to the temple wary of what they might find. The scent of burnt flesh and flowers only grew as Kuro spotted more bodies now men and women burnt to cinder and some to ash leaving only faint imprints of bodies that now drifted upon the sands with the desert winds. As they came to the trail leading into the stone crèche the sounds of battle wafted from within and without any concern for himself Kuro in all three of his forms came running. Soldiers from the heart of Kaze no kuni lay strewn about with the careful and precise stab wounds that could only come from facing the hands of Mother Suna’s Followers, these nomadic zen masters were also descendants of the First Men.

As Kuro reached the entrance he took note of the advanced armor and weaponry used by the soldiers. Pistols, rotating blades, reinforced armor that appeared to be chakra resistant. Cold analytical thoughts told Kuro this was no mere excursion, this was a purge. As Kuro pressed on he found the source of the fighting, two dozen soldiers remaining moving in a tight phalanx formation with a familiar fiery armored being at the lead. No blade seemed to harm him, it was as if he were immune to the techniques of the seven fighters before him. Six followers of the desert lay dead before him, three of them were burnt to a crisp. An arrow of divine flame streaked toward Kuro only to be countered by his Sanryokyougan form. His blade had never been sheathed since coming upon the ambushed clerics. With a soft grey miasma of wrath the blade flickered and severed the arrow before it struck Kuro the purified wood of the projectile began to blacken and crumble in Kuro’s presence. No use in stealth and Kuro could not find it in his heart to even begin to seek diplomacy, so much had changed within Kuro with the actions of the Cabal. A hand rose from the leader of the troops and the archers at the back row lowered their bows while the phalanx shield leaders at the lead tightened their formation as their leader turned about crisply and walked to the rear of the formation to look upon Kuro.

Chouryoku Kuro could hear the erratic heartbeats of children hiding deeper within the crèche, he could hear the solid thrum of the monks’ heartbeats and specialized breathing. He could hear the priestess’ that took up defensive positions before them all while the remaining Sohei picked up various weapons and sealed the chambers leading to them behind themselves. All were prepared to make their final stand. Kuro’s emotions leveled out as he denied them the fate the enemy had in store for them. As the leader of the soldiers stepped forth Kuro could not shake the feeling that he had met him before. There was something off about him, something that went beyond mere need to kill. His killing intent was fueled by something otherworldly.

Cousin_zpskg3xtnad.png

Upon seeing his face Kuro’s breath stuttered with a sharp intake… before a sinking realization on how the Cabal knew so much about Suna. “You…Shounetsuji…” Shounetsuji smiled as he looked up at Kuro with his skin grey and his hair white, he no longer looked like the cousin he had grown up with, but it was him sure enough, Nobuku Shounetsuji. With a gesture his men broke formation and came to stand attention behind him as if preparing for a parade. Kuro glanced at the Priests and Monks present and with a small surge of telekinesis he nudged them to run. They all felt the familiar pressure and slowly backed away sealing the chamber behind them.

Shounetsuji placed his hands behind his back and began to pace and it was then that Kuro noticed his artificial left arm and shoulder. “It has been a long time cousin, I had thought Saiga would have killed you by now as he is very efficient but as I see you now, there have been quite a few changes in you that probably made you excessively hard to kill. Oh well, I had one day hoped to face you in the arena but when your mother sent assassins after me and my sisters I only felt it right to send assassins after her first born daughter and her favorite son. The only son to take on her name, you whom would dare challenge my right to the Steel throne… The Daimyo told me that you obtained an official writ of nobility the day you married. This was also the same day my sister was kidnapped, the day my arm was severed, and the day your gifts arrived at my father’s home. Such a kind and uncanny coincidence wouldn’t you say… Cousin. When we found my baby sister her mind had been broken and a heavy familiar scar lay upon the side of her right side of her forehead. A demonic claw attack, exactly like the skillset you have… Cousin. So I prayed for forgiveness, but I could find none in my heart. So I prayed for vengeance and the lord spoke to me. He showed me how to harness my hatred while the Imperial surgeons grafted a carmot fiber prosthetic that allows me to use the powers that your mother sealed away from me. So Cousin… I know you have seen my handiwork, some of their bodies weren’t strong enough to withstand the divine flames but you are different aren’t you? You have always been able to take the heat… let’s play for old time’s sake and then I can send your soul to join my lord in heaven and then I will send Aunty, Uncle, and all my other cousins to join you at the feet of my Lord Jashin!!”

The troops echoed his decree in an eerie cry of disciplined roaring, “THE THRESHOLD!!! TAKE US TO LORD JASHIN!!!”

Kuro frowned in sadness as he realized Shounetsuji had not only been duped but he had been driven quite mad. “I can see there is no hope in changing your mind because an oath to Lord Jashin is unbreakable, your troops can face my bunshin outside and they will indeed be taken to the feet of their lord, while you and I catch up. Surely we can settle our affairs privately Cousin… or am I to assume that you believe me devoid of manners as well” </COLOR><i></i> Chouryoku and Sanryokyougan Kuro exited the crèche while Akuma Kuro descended the stair case to stand before Shounetsuji. With a wave of his artificial palm a battle captain stepped forth to receive instructions. <COLOR color="red"> “Take the men into battle, though they only face clones, make sure they act as if it were a true battle, my Cousin’s abilities will serve us well in training the men to face the legions of Sunagakure. Show no mercy…”
The battle captain gave a swift blade salute with his right fist over his heart before bowing and with silent efficient hand signals told the troops to fall out and advance upon the Toraono clones outside the crèche. As the two dozen men filed out of the crèche a palpable heat poured forth as Shounetsuji smiled revealing the powers he claimed Kuro’s mother had sealed. A mantle of flame began to react with his armor causing it to blacken and take on a rocky appearance.

Cousin%20aflame_zpsqxfy2xca.png

WC: 1900
MFT

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro sighed as he began to slowly draw in the dark chakra necessary to face his cousin bringing forth an armor of flame as well. “You give me a heavy heart cousin, and you wound me to believe that I would ever harm my kin for politics. I took up mother’s name because she HAD no male heirs.” Kuro avoided mentioning that her baby brother was alive and getting stronger. “Although you will never believe me due to your newfound faith, I never knew your sister Little Azemi whom was named for her Aunt, my mother had been attacked. Your gifts were sent to mark the anniversary of my marriage, yes that is true. For you to believe I would time my gifts to you as some sort of insult to injuries that I knew nothing of is even more concerning. There has never been devious ends between us. Mother had your flames sealed because when you were young you nearly burnt yourself to death from the inside out. That you have learned to control them is remarkable but the seal did not keep you from your flames. It was a release valve to grant you direct control until such time as you no longer needed it. I don’t know who has twisted your heart against us but if you believe I will allow you to threaten myself or this holy sanctuary you are wrong. If nothing else you know something of what I am capable of you were there the day my destiny awakened. Surely you don’t truly believe that Jashin Lord of Blood and Suffering would actually grant you the strength to stand against one such as I? I speak not in the pace of patting myself on the back I merely want to convey my regrets that we face eachother like this and that you cannot see how carefully you have been manipulated against your own family. Distant relatives or otherwise even you should know I would NEVER seek the Steel Throne. Only half of my blood originates in Iron Country, I have no ties other than economic stability and martial training. Look at me truly Shoun-chan. Do you truly see a half blood like me actually seeking any true political standing? Has my mother EVER wanted anything other than wide standing trade? Think carefully on these matters because we will have words and we will fight but it will not be because of some suspected twist of political agenda. IT WILL BE BECAUSE YOU HAVE KILLED PRIESTS, AND PRIESTESSES OF MOTHER SUNA! You have come to sacred land and spread a vicious religion that has no place here. You have desecrated holy land and spilled precious blood and IN THAT I CANNOT FORGIVE YOU, NONE OF YOUR SOLDIERS WILL LEAVE THIS DESERT ALIVE!!!” There was a time Kuro would have been able to find the right words to diplomacy. To reach for peace, but the Cabal had injured that portion of his heart. He had little mercy left within him because he had been forcefully taught that mercy was for those truly deserving and weak and NEVER the strong and righteous.

WC: 525
MFT

Meanwhile the young priestess in training slowly began to stir as water began to fill the ground beneath her as her true power began to awaken while Kuro's steel clone stood guard over her.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi silently followed Kuro's trail. Something was going on, something that had Kashiro almost itching to come out. He kept growling deeply, her own chest almost rumbling along with his mental presence. To somewhat soothe him, Kimi allowed a partial takeover. Her right eye was sapphire, her whisker marks a bit more pronounced, and her canines lengthened. With their enhanced sense of smell, they could smell the scent of smoke just starting to waft in their direction, from the direction Kuro was headed. A quick search of memory provided that they were headed toward the Temple of Mother Suna. The smell was unsettling to say the least. She was only twenty minutes behind Kuro, and hopefully she would be able to be of use if there was anything going on. They both agreed that Kashiro could take over if necessary, but they also hoped that it would not come to that point.

As they came even closer, they could smell blood. This caused them to quicken their pace. They arrived at the temple just after Kuro finished his little speech. She sneaked around, looking to see if there were any of the priests or priestesses in need of aid.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She made her way past Kuro and the battles raging elsewhere with ease as the Temple Guardians instantly recognized the spirit within her and opened the hatchway allowing her and her inner beast entrance as wards glowed a bright gold as she passed over them before closing the door once more. One of the guardian priests bowed before her as he spoke "Oh great Kashiro, you bring your blessings to the temple once more in a time of great need, soldiers have come to steal the sacred gems and armors of the wyrmborn and the spirit bearers so that they may use them to create their own spirit bearers. Please guide the children out of the temple and keep the future spirit vessels safe while we seal away the sacred gems and armors and hide the scrolls of Scions. Would you please help us desert tiger of old?" Memories might surface of the giant tiger with power over the sands and earth aiding people from time to time and hunting giant lizards at others.

Shounetsuji paced a bit as he gathered his wrath for the first strike....“As I have feasted on the souls of the infidels I have sent to Jashin in sacrifice my thoughts have become clear, here in this forsaken land I will kill the blasphemous and grow strong, I will overcome you and my brother and find strength in the true flames of power that is my unyielding hatred!” With his epitath he released a crimson spear that hummed with terrible divine power and elemental flame. Sharingan Kuro would handle this situation best but Akuma Kuro was not without his own abilities as he simply pointed his right palm at his cousin and stood a good distance away. He had no further words for him, only actions, as a sphere of chakra coalesced in the center of his palm before taking the elemental form of an ice blade with no hilt as he drew all the heat from his creation. Then with a distinct and abrupt jolt along his shoulder as he unleashed the ice bolt jutsu to dissipate his cousin's flames. As he took a sharp breath upon noticing Nekozuka Kimi sneak past their battle.

WC:360
MFT

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The singular duo made their way further into the temple and came upon the guardians. Kimi felt a jolt of recognition from Kashiro, especially when a hatch opened to allow them further entry. They walked through cautiously, eyes darting in all directions, trying to take in the sights and assess any possible threats. Their next surprise was a priest bowing to them and recognizing that Kashiro was the demon within her.

The words the man spoke brought back instances of fighting, protecting the place, both within a Nekozuka host, and without. The final one to play through was from when a giant serpent demon attacked the temple. The scene from the clan's history scrolls played through their combined mind. Kashiro's desperation colored the scene, the need to protect his vulnerable siblings pressed him forward even after injury. When he sensed humans arrive, he grit his great jaws and finished out his fight. When he turned to confront the clan of ninja, he discovered that they could speak to him in the feline-language. One woman in particular spoke softly of healing his injuries and how her clan would keep him and the temple safe while he rested. The memory jolted forward to a ceremony wherein he became the protector of the woman's line, to be forever linked to their clan so long as there was mutual agreement. It faded then, allowing them to come back fully to the situation at hand.

The stroll through Kashiro's memories took a lot less time than it felt, but when it was over, a surge of protective feeling swelled within them both.

"Of course we shall give our aid to this place and the children within. Is the hidden egress still available for use? There used to be a tunnel out the side closest to the hidden village when I would enter to take my rest between watches."

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The priest shook visibly he and many others had not used the pantries or storage halls in centuries. "Oh great one we have not used the storage halls in many years since the sacred clans were forced to leave due to the return of the serpents. I am certain the path is still there if you will lead the children to it, the channelers will remain here till we can seal away the gems and scrolls they cannot leave this temple without a host or they will be destroyed by the sacred seals upon them. We can return after the battles have ceased as we have done since the nomads that supplied us with excess warriors disappeared twenty years ago. Please go ahead of us and may the sands grant you safety and good hunting."<i></i> The temple began to shudder and tremble as Kuro and his cousin fought. The air was gradually becoming hot, far more heated than simple desert heat.

Kuro unleashed a savage burst of elemental wrath upon Shounetsuji freezing his legs and ceasing his pacing as he tried to near the walls to focus his heat there and bring harm to the clerics and children hiding somewhere beyond those very walls. A deep low rumbling of discontent emerged as Kuro's eyes became feral slits as he could no longer look upon his deluded cousin as kin. He could only see him as an enemy now and though it saddened him his mind felt at ease with the decisions which he had been forced to make which made Kuro feel older, colder, and less able to find a way to save a life. The cabal had cost Kuro his boundless faith in others and himself and now that he had such loss burdening him more of his lineage was free to emerge. The Instinct of battle was carved into his soul and his genes, now his cousin would understand why Kuro never allowed anyone to truly face him. Energy began to build up and though the temperature was rising mist and steam filled the chamber as Kuro focused untapped moisture from beneath the sands into a high rotation spinning orb of massive elemental water chakra. While Shounetsuji charged Kuro with his crimson blade.

MFT
WC: 375

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi/Kashiro nodded to the priest. "It is better that the way has been forgotten by most. It will be less likely for us to be followed." With their egress decided, they walked toward the children. The youngest of them looked to be cowering just a bit. As she opened her mouth to speak, the building shook. There would be no time to explain what was happening.

"We need to move. You shall follow me, and stick close." A quick hand seal and small pulse of chakra later, there were two Kimis standing before them. "I will lead you and my clone will take up the rear. We are not a large group, but people can still get lost on the path we are to take," the clone continued.

The air heated slightly and the matched set narrowed their eyes. The actual clone took up the lead and bid the children to follow. Once all of the children were moving, the original would follow, protecting their rear.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As they made their way into the forgotten portions of the temple, cobwebs, and dust gave way to fresh footprints as stale air became small minute clouds of dust as the clergy and the special children they watched over were led through an ancient passage way that had been forgotten over the centuries in a seldom used temple. As they pressed on murals depicting the lineages of those chosen to bear the spirits and or flesh of elder beings were gracefully runed into the stone walls by hand, chakra, chisel, and faith. The Nekozuka lineage imparticular showed three branches, one carried Kashiro, another carried the blood of Byakko itself, the third was scratched out but it showed that there was a line of intelligent tigers that had power over the desert sands. Each had their murals end in a general estimate of four hundred years ago where some great sundering took place and the lines of power were split away from eachother never to intermingle again. Along the opposite wall were the trials of the wyrmriders and the wyrmborn. People whom bonded with and occasionally became sandwyrms, there were 12 bloodlines shown there and all but three were scratched away as their story also seemed to stop four hundred years ago. The scratches and claw marks intensified until Kimi's clone signaled the group to halt as they neared the stones that had to be moved in a specific sequence the bones of warrior monks and giant serpents and lizards were found strewn about from obvious combat. Some were still locked in the rictus of true warfare as three giant serpent skulls were locked upon the skeleton of a warrior priest whom had impaled a half serpent, half humanoid skeleton against and through a stone wall. It was as if the stone had been partially fused with the humanoid skeleton. Possibly an ancient jutsu of sorts, a feeling of longing passed through Kashiro as if the great tiger recognized the bones of the warrior and the remnants of clothing and robes still settled. Now she need only gather Kashiro's memories on how to set the runes and stones and she could open the exit, or would curiosity take over her will and lead her astray.

Fire and ice met in decisive bursts as Kuro and Shounetsuji continued their righteous battle Kuro's telekinesis reflected whatever fiery attacks managed to get passed his counters. Whenever Kuro saw an opening he'd strike his deranged cousin with an icy chakra blast. Neither seemed willing to set aside their assaults and talk any further as they continued their slowly escalating their use of force bit by bit movement by movement Kuro steadily circling and keeping his distance as Shounetsuji would lash out erratically hoping to catch Kuro off guard or by surprise from his unpredictable movements. Never thinking once to himself that Kuro could follow his chakra and flow of movement to easily keep his distance.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The journey through the corridor brought back a lot of memories from Kashiro's mind to Kimi's. A couple times, the force of the memories almost overwhelmed her. They walked past the histories on the walls and it caught her attention. Only a promise from Kashiro to attempt to return once everything calmed down. The group came to a halt and the clone signaled to her that there was a road-block. She signaled back to trade positions, and they did so, the clone coming back first before she moved to the front.

They studied the patterns of the runes and the skeletons of the ancient warriors. Kashiro looked deep into his memories as Kimi narrowed her eyes, trying to see if she could ferret anything out. Kashiro's search turned up the memory of a pattern. He shared it with Kimi and she compared it to the runes on the floor. In the memory, some of the runes were lit up with chakra, and others were not. Apparently, one only had to send a little jolt of chakra into the lit ones in a particular order. Thankfully the timing wasn't important, or at least it wasn't unless you hesitated too long.

Kashiro guided her through the process of lighting one rune after another. Her body moved like she was dancing through the motions until every proper rune was lit. Here's to hoping that she hadn't done anything wrong.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The chamber rumbled and shook for a brief moment as vibrations from ancient mechanism built into the temple's foundation and walls shuddered and moved after ages of being untouched. Stalactite and stalagmite build ups shattered and crumbled well away from the escaping clergy and children revealing a long hidden chamber filled with items forgotten and the solemn golems forever charged to protect them. A vast surge of moist air rushed past them giving them a brief taste of pure filtered water saved up in an ancient cistern over the centuries and forgotten by the pilgrimage of worshippers when the original temple masters gave up their lives facing an ancient enemy whom sought the very chakra stones and spiritual essences that fed the forgotten cistern. The Golems moved to block the way placing themselves in a position to blockade the path till either a special password was spoken or chakra was recognized. Kimi could see that these golems were ancient puppets powered by elemental chakra cores. One golem was powered by an ice core and the other powered by a sand core. Wind seemed to be the major binding factor overall. Above all else no serpent or reptilian bones were anywhere near this area. This tunnel had never been breached in all those long years, which meant everything beyond this point besides the overwhelming amount of stored water would be exactly as Kashiro remembered it.

Kuro and Shounetsuji squared off as Kuro had finally shown him the full shortcomings of his fiery form, but Shounetsuji was not done by far, he knew he could survive next to anything and Kuro most certainly could not. His body began to build up a severe amount of explosive chakra, thinking he could catch Kuro off guard. It would never come to pass as someone else entered the fray, someone Shounetsuji thought was dead. Miko enveloped Shounetsuji in a massive globe of water as she entered the chamber. Her path way back to the temple was clear of any further attackers as Kuro's avatars battled Shounetsuji's forces outside keeping them thoroughly occupied. Kuro had been so intent on punishing Shounetsuji that he had failed to sense the girl's presence although his metal clone did arrive shortly after, apparently too slow to keep up with the girl. Shounetsuji looked away from the cleric he had tried to kill, Miko stepped to Kuro's side trembling with anger. "My lord before you pronounce judgement upon my former lover may I have a word or two with him." Kuro knew all too well to never stand between a woman's rage and the object of her intent as he quickly stepped aside with a soft bow of the head.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
(Ack, sorry it's late! Midterms absolutely suck.)

Kimi and Kashiro studied their surroundings as the passage opened. Kashiro twisted her face into a small smirk as he noted the Golems. They both quickly searched his memories for the last time he had used this exit. It didn't take long before they found what they were looking for. They moved two steps forward to garner the Golems' attention.
"Great protectors, we seek safety from the woes of the world. Allow us passage so that we may flee them," they beseeched the ancient beings. A small flash of Kashiro's lightning chakra quickly flared and faded at the culmination of their words.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
ooc: no worries...

The cavern began to open up but soon a vast wave of mist struck as water began to spill across the floor quickly rising to everyone’s knees and some of the children’s waistlines. The golem powered by wind and water turned to face the incoming moisture and drew a massive amount of chakra from it forming a set of bracers made of an odd intense stone that smelled like fresh water. It then set these bracelets before them. By their size only the children could wear them, it seemed whomever had last placed these golems only seemed to care for children, or believed that any adult that made it this far would be properly prepared. A set of cloaks hung along the wall along with an odd inscription. The words were faded and hard to make out but it read “She will lead us from the desert even though she was born to be lord of the sea.” It was part of a faded prophecy, the other stones that held portions of it had been eroded or destroyed in the previous chamber. Memories of water priestesses that led everyone to various oases came to mind. Yet no one present seemed capable of wielding water chakra to a high degree. Most of the women were either children or guardians. A massive spiritual pressure briefly filled the chamber for a brief moment one that the spiritual presence within Kimi recognized ever so briefly and filled it with foreboding and woe. A massive being of immense power was nearby and it was close to reviving. They needed to leave the area or seal the power awakening it soon.

Miko slammed Shounsetsuji into a wall binding his limbs with water after finally allowing him to breathe. "I loved you Sho! I told you all my secrets and lead you to my birthplace so you could meet the only people that cared about me and you burned them alive as a sacrifice and stabbed me, your unborn child nearly died. If Kuro had not found me and healed me, my baby would have perished." Kuro looked away from them, by honor and faith he was supposed to rend Shounsetsuji’s essence from the world for his trespasses but now with a baby involved he could not simply slay his cousin. Shounetsuji began to laugh profusely before he spoke. “I could not ritually slay you like I did your adopted parents because the child carries my blood and as such the abomination you carry would not appease Lord Jashin as a sacrifice, your faith in Mother Suna was misplaced anyway, she did not love humanity she only granted you a chance to test your fates against eternity and now with the ancients gone, the true rulers of this world will finally be set free and by Lord Jashin’s will all the souls of this world will be his to wield however he sees fit. Your mistake was in loving someone who could never love you. I belong to Lord Jashin and I will take everyone to the threshold and have them embrace his pure dark love. Like my demon blooded abomination you will all be purged from this world to make way for eternity. My flames are eternal and your power over water is not. I am immortal and infinite, you are just a slave to my fancies and I am over you.” Miko began to cry heavy tears but even Kuro stepped away as he saw her crying tears of blood. Eyes with no irises beckoned pure black. The entire chamber began to rumble as Miko’s wrath began to manifest shutting up Sho’ & Kuro rather effectively.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ending Mission POST

Closing out mission as a B rank since posts dropped...
Akuma Kuro placed a calming hand upon Miko's shoulder even as her powers rampaged with her wrath and she realized that she was endangering the baby as Kuro stepped forward past her and pressed his left hand upon Shounetsuji’s skull, his hand became a psionic-ethereal paw that slipped past his bones and flesh to grasp his mind and a portion of his soul. Bringing his full demonic power to bear Kuro tore away all the power of faith within his mind. He could never take it from his soul, he would eventually be able to reclaim his sovereign power but for the next few weeks or months he would be unable to mentally call upon the divine power of Jashin. With his mental capability and spirit broken he collapsed into a fit of tears, sorrow, anguish, loss, and utter cataclysmic pain. He would be a broken man for quite some time and with his fall Miko could at last take some solace. She walked up to Kuro, her question unspoken Kuro answered before she could speak. “Every man, even the unworthy deserves to be around to see their children at least once… after he has met his daughter, I will come for him and by vendetta and ancient rites of blood and oath I will take my cousin’s soul and save it from Jashin even though it will extinguish his presence on this plane of existence. It is the least I can do for one who was once family. You will be given shelter at my home and your daughter shall be raised according to your wishes and want for nothing. The battle outside is over and his forces decimated, my bunshin will escort you back to your new home. I will join you later. I have a grave to attend.” <i></i> Miko cried softly as the metallic clone swapped places with Chouryoku Kuro whom comforted her as he carried her from the scorched and damaged temple. Akuma Kuro waited till she was well on her way before securing Shounetsuji in runed iron clasps and chains and then forcing him into a chamber where he would survive his mental anguish alone before beginning his own exodus from the desert bereft of power.

Somewhat content with himself although far more vengeful since his dealings with ‘The Cabal’, Kuro proceeded deeper into the temple noting that Kimi had indeed gotten the remaining Clergy and children out. He found odd serpentine bodies strewn about locked in the embrace of death with the Priests and Monks whom had fought to the death with them. Taking evidence and using photographic jutsu, Kuro had never before been down the path Kimi had taken. It had been sealed and forbidden to those of Toraono blood. After looking at the murals Kuro had a good idea why but that question would have to be answered another day. Returning to the stone archway that led to the burial chambers Kuro pressed on till he reached the chamber of old stone and crystal. Each tomb marked by those that loved the wyrmborn buried there in ages past; their treasured offerings encased in naturally grown chakra laced crystal. The final sarchophagus contained Kuro’s first love, a forbidden love at that. Reikiko’s mother Mayumi the Spirit Walker, she was frozen in perfect crystal and looked as if she was still alive. Kuro knew otherwise but to see her still made his heart ache. Falling to his knees Kuro wept at her gravesite. Time passed as Kuro related how their child was progressing and how she was even stronger than him and so smart, beautiful and capable. Kuro promised that she would live a good life despite her choice to become a shinobi. Kuro placed his right palm upon the crystal of the sarcophagus and with recognition of his chakra and blood it allowed his hand to pass through and grasp 3 items buried at Mayumi’s feet. Three items of knowledge and power that were passed from generation to generation to assist in taming the power of Kousotsu; were swiftly removed and secured in a special seal by Kuro for his daughter to open on her eighteenth birthday because it was then that her body would decide how to truly manifest Kousotsu’s power which despite the forbidden surgery used to keep her alive might cause her to transform into something beyond expectations.

Kuro placed a lingering hand upon her tombstone it read “For she who walks with the spirits, kisses the devils, and gives birth to angels , may she know paradise free of burden forever more.”

Kuro whispered a small prayer to Mother Suna and left the chamber.
A small insect clinging to his hair unknown to Kuro had recorded everything for Reikiko at Kousotsu’s behest so that she might go to the temple on her own without Kuro’s knowledge and complete her own ceremony of power.

Kimi led the clergy and the children up the ever ascending dust & sand filled stairways to an oasis outside the sunken earth. Just as they cleared the exit the sands swiftly filled it back in as if it were never there. Satisfied that everyone was safe it was time for the trek back to Sunagakure.

Mission Complete
Shounetsuji Spared
Miko brought to the Toraono Dojo
Sacred items acquired for Reikiko
Reikiko secretly learns the Temple’s location (when she returns she can learn it from Miko as well)
Nekozuka Kimi receives C rank mission awards for saving the children and clergy despite her mid terms
WC: 850
MFT

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back