Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Training the Branch (Foundry SSM)

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The ANBU Branch had been training for a while now, each day new recruits had been processing threw the doors and into the halls that they would have to learn to call home. It was a hard task to get this far and inside the branch they still had a lot more improvements to go before their practice would be completed. It was clear that even now the drill instructors and personal trainers still wanted to push them harder, make them go further and expand their abilities there was no rest for the wicked in this situation and it was only going to get harder now they had made it inside these training halls.

“Group A move to the mess hall you have thirty minutes before training begins once more, group b you are to hit the climbing walls and apparatus. I want you to make sure that you are all keeping up to the time that we have set. Group C you are in the combat mat, get a move on I want to see people working as soon as possible on this one. We are not here to doodle around and I do not expect any of you to fall behind. If you fall behind you are left behind it is as simple as that in these situations am I clear?”

It seemed that the hall echoed with the chorus of replies in that split second with everyone explaining what was happening at that time. It seemed that the progression of the time had been going well, and the quick turnaround for the training was in the last stages of being perfected it was all about making sure that everyone got trained to the high standard that was expected while bolstering the ranks that would be needed to complete missions when it was requested. It was all due to the new orders that no rest would be allowed until they had managed to find Umashi.

As the drills continued and the hard work progressed at the standard rate it seemed that everyone was trying to improve on their skills. Work on their training and become prepared for the final trial that awaited each one of them. With the orders being passed down that no-one could sleep this means that the training program which would have normally allowed sleep but in this situation, there was no sleep for the weak and with the ANBU it seemed that under the new orders this was becoming a survival of the fittest.

With quick cry one of the seven drill instructions watched a man fall onto the floor, the crack of bones and blood splatters sealed the damage had been done as he tried to ask for help in between coughing what would be a punctured lung. As the Drill sergeant walked over his weapon becoming drawn as he looked at the man shaking his head in disappointment at the actions that had been taken as well as the failure of another student, it seemed that they were dropping quicker than they could keep up with a quarter falling under the blades or by another member killing them. This training was truly the most exhausting thing that anyone had been putting threw.

“Failure is not an option inside of this branch, we both know full well that you are here to achieve what needs to be done, no matter what the cost is”

I know full well that each of you want to become part of the branch, but right now this is what failure got them, the blade coming down as it cut through the man’s throat ending his life in a gargle of pleading failure.

[TWC: 615]

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The Haku was sat in her office within the wall of the Foundry it had been forty-eight hours since either her of her ABNU had spelt and she knew that it was taking its toll on her was much as it was the branch. She could feel her eyes getting heavy as she sits reading over the first of many reports she topped rubbing her eyes, trying to vain to keep them open. It didn’t take long for the females battle with sleep deprivation to win as she soon found herself asleep using the piles of papers on the desk as a pillow. The rest so short lived before rudely interrupted by the door to her office being swung open, Yuki jolted awake with a start to find a out of breath ANBU in Training standing before her, his face was pale, and he was sweating, it wasn’t for the journey here. It was from fear
“Have you ever head of knocking” She said staring at the male trying to make it look like she hadn’t just need catching a quick nap”

“I am sorry Ma’am but you need to coming to the training room please. They just killed someone!” Shouting she could hear horror breaking his voice.

“Right slowdown, who has killed who?” Yuki shoot up from her seat placing her and flat on the desk in front of her.

“The Drill Sargent, he slit his throat he fell off the climbing wall and killed him.”

Yuki didn’t need to hear any more, she left the trainee behind and made her way swiftly as she could towards the training room. She entered the space the scent to blood was thick on the air not only from the slaughter man but also of the bodies of other Trainee that had been felled. The space was huge it expanded far in front of her with numerous climbing wall, training dumbs and target ranges littering all part of the space. The roof stretched high above her head, training course hung from it as well long chained light fell illumining the area in harsh arterial lights, Yuki could see then boy that the trainee that came to her office was referring to. She looked over his bend and broken body lying in a pool of crimson.

The Captain was speechless how could something like this happen under her watch and she was beyond furious.
“What the hell do you think that you are doing!” The females voice echoed through the hall causing silence to fall over the room, all eyes turned to her was she walked over to the Drill Sargent in question. “Please tell me why you felt the need to execute this man before call a medic to see to his wounds,” Her hands gestured over the to the corpse. “Please also tell me why you are ignoring one of the basics of the ANBU. We do not kill out own,” She stood her emerald eyes narrowing as the address the male looking at her with disgust.

[WC = 506]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The drill sergeant had already had the man dragged out of the training room and the body gone as well as the blood splatter that had been on the floor, it vanished as quickly as it was created but this was the general duties of the ANBU to be efficient in everything that they did and right now it seemed that they had done just that. Even when killing one of their own they had managed to see it threw with little issues and of course the rest of the training group carried on as if nothing was happening this was also to be expected on this one.

It seemed that the arrival of the new ANBU Captain still did not change anything as she walked over to the Drill Sergeant that was overseeing everything, the man handed the rains of his training group to the next person that was looking over the recruits, it seemed that they had organised the duty shifts well to cover the entire time that they had been training, as the drill Sargent looked over to the female he studied her for a few seconds before allowing the words to come from his lips in a reply to her questions, she would be the one making the decisions he would just be explaining the situation on this front.

“Ma’am I just want to inform you of a few things first, before the departure of the ANBU Sennin this was our orders, we only take the strongest into the branch and it’s a hard task to be eligible for the induction into the ranks of the branch. Not everyone gets the chance and with no sleep we only take the best of the best inside our branch. That is why this man was executed he was not worthy of joining the branch”

This seemed that the drill sergeant had come prepared to answer the questions that had been asked of him, though he knew full well that he was in an awkward position with the Captain being angry at him but his orders had come from the Sennin and he was obey the orders of a Sennin to this date, it seemed that the new captain still had not had much time to catch up on the branch training program but that was fine he would happily update her on it if it was still required a bit later he had no issue with that.

“Secondly, we did not call medical because that would require a medical ninja to come into the compound, that is unacceptable by any standards you should know that as a Captain of the branch, I am sure the ANBU Sennin gave you a reminder before he left?”

The man stood up as he seemed to be taking the brunt of the attack knowing full well that it wasn’t his fault that orders were orders and he was just here taking the brunt of it and not snapping back. Knowing that in this situation if he was going to retaliate things would only get worse for him. But right now, it seemed the new Captain wanted to stamp her mark and that was fine he would at least give her all the information first before she decided.

“They are not ANBU yet, we do not kill our own. For the reference, training squad’s A and B have lost four out of the starting sixteen. C is down to ten left out of the starting nineteen, on top of that we are about to bring another two training groups into the program and this will sort out the recruitment process and help us to improve our strength ma’am”

[TWC: 1,230]

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki glared at the man, she didn’t care if they weren’t as he put in not ANBU yet, while they were in the Foundry they would be treated with respect equal to those in the ranks. There was enough talk of them being monsters from those on the outside she would not let them make them become the monsters that many of them claim they were. She walked closer to the man allowing the air to chill with the release of her Charka.
“Do you mean to tell me that you know the Sennin’s wishes better than I do. I know that this not what Takeshi would want. If he was here you would not be standing right now.” She pointed to the matt that the corpse was once on. “You would be a smear on that training matt. However, in his absence, I am sure that I can give you a demonstration.” Yuki moved her fingers creating a spear of solid ice, she stepped closer to him pressing the supercooled blade against the male’s throat Yuki could see the skin at the point of contact grow purple and almost blister from the chilling head of the blade. She could see in the man’s eyes that he knew he and taken a step to far. “I didn’t think so. Get out of here and get some rest. You are suspended from duty until you realise the value of these man and women’s lives” She turned her back to the man and address the rest of the group.

The Haku looked at the faces of each of them, it was a mixture of fear and shook it wasn’t surprising considering what they had witnessed. She cleared her throat and address the roomful of trainee and instructors.
“I want to make one thing clear regardless of what that man has told you, as long as you are in this building you are ANBU. We value each one of you and you shall not come to any further harm whether it be from these men or any of your companions.” Yuki turned away from the group and signalled the instructors over to her to a slightly quieter corner of the room. “I want to make this clear now. You are not to harm a further hair on any of their heads. If you not you will not be let off so easy as your Drill Sargent. In fact, may even display your heads on the wall of the facility was a reminder not to cross me, do I make myself crystal clear.” She last part was almost growled like to make I known to them that her threat was not a hollow one. Yuki changed her expression and smiled “Now shall we continue.”

Walking back to the centre of the room she took command of the group of trainees’ she smiled at them knowing full well that they had probably gathered by the expression on the faces of the men and women re-joining the group that it wasn’t a pleasant conversation.
“Now with the Drill Sargent gone I will take command of your training. If you could all switch up” She pointed to the group that had been scaling the wall. “We will have this group on the matt and the group that was on the matt at the training dummy’s.” She waited for the group to follow her instructions.

[WC = 567]
[Total Word Count = 1,073]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It seemed that the drill sergeant was in for the dress down of his life time. It seemed that he had got himself into some hot water with the new captain, though he just sighed to himself as he was put out onto the street. It was clear with the last words that he was released on the duties that he was currently undertaking. Annoyance showed on his face, but he did not question it in that split second. Knowing full well that he was lucky to be walking out for now at least he could question it with the new Captain would be the last few seconds of his life.

“Understood ma’am I am released of my duties”

With that the drill instructor turned around and walked away from the situation that he found himself in, knowing full well that he was stuck in a bad situation. Though the other drill instructors and academy students turned their attention to the Captain as she spoke listening to her words, some smiled and nodded others looked at each other and where unsure of the future it was clear that people were nervous, and they had all the rights to be. After seeing what they had just noticed it seemed that they had a lot of work to do.

Once Yuki had finished her speech it seemed that the drill sergeants nodded back to her in unison, it seemed that with the recent punishment they were more prepared to understand where she was coming from and in that act to make sure they followed orders. It seemed that the training was now back on schedule and they planned to make sure that cautioned to happen. With Yuki now watching it seemed that some of the students wanted to make sure that they were proved themselves now that the new comer had identified with her authority.

With the orders given Yuki would watch as everyone quickly swapped places in that split second another group was coming under the matt, it seemed a few of them wanted to prove themselves as the combat that they normally had was something a bit more energetic than this at least. It would appear that with the new set of eyes watching they were all about evolving themselves and proving that they where worthy. While some cries of pain came out and injury was being sustained it seemed everyone in the room was now pushing themselves to their limit in order to prove themselves worthy of the attention of the new ANBU Captain.

One of the drill instructors came up beside the captain as he watched over training he allowed himself to glance at Yuki for a few seconds.

“Do you not think the punishment was a bit harsh for what we are doing Ma’am. He was following orders, he might be stubborn but he has trained a lot of people in his career and right now he is the best trainer we have ma’am. Im not defying you just asking if it really was the best decision is all. I can give you an update on the students progression if you would like as well?”

[TWC:1,758]

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki looked over her shoulder at the man that had just addressed him and smiled shaking her head as he spoke, she turns to face him fully resting her hand on her hip.
“I assure you he was not following orders. And was my treatment of him not just as harsh as that of those students. We are meant to build them and shape their futures.” She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “Do you know what the other branches think of us, they see us as rabid dogs that are needed to keep on a short leash. We are looked upon as the enemies in our own village” She opened her eyes rubbing her forehead with the back of her hand. “Do you know how many we have lost this week trying to protect a village that hates us?” She didn’t give him time to answer it. “We have lost 3 men, 3 good men. All of them wasted their lives for a village that fears them. Do you think they have a headstone so their families can mourn? Do they have a plaque on that fall of fallen shinobi? Even a statue marking their lost?” She looked at her feet showing for the first time just how much the cost of those that she lost meant to her. “I will not have these students looked upon like us. I want them to feel praise from their village. When they die I want them to be mourned and have their names next to that lost member of Main branch and Medical branch. We can do that with men like him, all that man will do is install the same violence that we have installed in us, the same warped sense of what is right and wrong.” She took a deep breath and looked him right in the eye. “I don’t want them to be monsters like us,”

The Haku walked away from the male hoping that her words would at least have some resonance in him, he and seen what she had seen and like all ANBU felt forgotten and pushed into the shadows while the others got to stand in the light. She shook the feeling of abandonment from her system and address the Trainees’ again.
“Time to switch up again. Matt’s on the training dummies and training dummies on the walls” She watched as they panicked and moved around the room again. “You on the walls remember to watch your teammates. They are your sword and shield” She watched as they stopped trying to take the lead of each other and instead started working together, it made her grin a little. Yuki was hoping that this group would not be treated like them and that through their trainers this new ANBU would take form. She knew that Takeshi had the same dreams as her, he had told her as much she was just glad that she was able to take a part in building his dream.

[WC - 525]
[Total Word Count - 1598]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It seemed that the training was progressing steadily, and the drill sergeant had of course made his decision though right now he was unsure if he wanted to reply to the statement that had been given by the Captain. It seemed that right now she had of course been able to make her point clear on how she felt the development of the ANBU branch was going, It was nothing more than a reminder of the current situation as the drill sergeant nodded to her quickly before deciding to speak a small bit

“Some of the people out their might consider us monsters, but look at the branch we have actually become. We are strong and we look out for each other, it seems that we all have the ability to change. But the branch has become strong and is still growing. I would look at what we will be and not what we are now of course. Lets be honest that is something we should always look at M’am but now I will take my leave of you and get back to the teaching side.”

With that the man turned around and left his position beside the Captain, listening to her giving the command to change the positions once more it became clear that she was a hard task master. But her eyes and gaze was now firmly focused on the training. It seemed that everything that had been done would be followed out under the careful gaze of the Captain. The future of the branch was secure.

[TWC: 2000]
[Requests for completion submitted, please post last time to earn them.]

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki heard the male speak he was right in a way it would be better to focus on the future and not the past but at the same time in remembering the past, we don’t repeat its mistakes. She stood to watch over the room for a few more moments feeling the presence of the training instructor leave her side and return to keep a watchful eye on the new recruits. She knew that the Drill Sargent’s words were partly not his own, it had been a stressful time and each of them had been running on next to no sleep. The Captain knew that she couldn’t let her branch suffer like this and that she had to do something.
“Starting with the group on the training dummies, you and your instructors get two hours rest, I want you to rotate this till you have all had two hours of sleep. I am giving you this as a gift if you spend one second then longer then there will be consequences,” She clapped her hands together. “Now get going before I change my mind” The Haku stood as a wave of people rushed passed her making their ways to the dorms, the instructor bowed in thanks she shooed the stragglers out of the training room.

With her job being done and there being nothing further that she could do other than be more of a burden of her trainers she left the training room making her way back up towards the offices. Opening her door, she looked and prayed that someone would have come and taken away the stack of papers that had been on the desk before she left but unfortunately the paperwork fairy had not been and there was still as much work as normal. Yuki sighed and returned to her desk and looked out into her fellow Captain, Maki’s office seeing that he was remarkable barren on the workload front, she contemplated if it was worth a limb to sneak half of her workload off on him and eventually realized that it was probably better not to. With the lack of sleep, she didn't want to deal with a grumpy Maki that and she wasn’t sure that her stealth skills would be on point all things considered. The female placed her arms on the desk grabbing a stack of paperwork if anything they made a better pillow then the wooden desk, resting her head on it she closed her eye hoping that this time her nap wouldn’t be interrupted.

[WC - 422]

[Total Word Count = 2,020]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back