Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Twisted Printed Words

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[ooc: Click Spoiler for Yomi and Asuka's looks]
[col]Yomi
t4FAiry.jpg
|Asuka
Fw2rVAs.jpg
[/col]​

Asuka rose as she watched Yomi approach her table. The library was empty since students didn't particularly care to study if they didn't have to. Good. All the more private for them. Asuka bowed slightly and waited for Yomi to be seated before she placed a book in front of her. Yomi looked at her and nodded for her to sit down and she did so. Yomi immediately opened the book to read.

</B>
The Second Book of Yomi, Volume 1.
Revelations
A Memoir and Historical Text

by: Asuka Hano, 1st Disciple, Sacred Advisor to Yomi​
<i>
</i>

Dedication:
This book is dedicated to the followers of Rei, The Supreme Goddess. Know that this a firsthand account of the events that led up to Yomi’s awakening to Rei and the subsequent bestowment of Rei’s power upon Yomi. Yomi is Rei, Rei is Yomi. To Yomi the Power to Rei the Sacrifices.

The Lore: Confirmations
After her final Act of Contrition, Yomi would again steep herself into deep prayer. All she would reveal to me was that she Her God had spoken to her during her time of unconsciousness and she was unsettled by what she was told. This admission left me quite vexed. Yomi, the unflappable, was suddenly disturbed. I could only lend her my ear until she had come to terms with whatever it was and confided in me. Her confession would not come until weeks later.

Yomi had ascended to the ranks of the faith. With that she no longer reported to Lord Kobayakawa in the master/subordinate role because they were equals in the eyes of Our Lord God. His role as elder and leader of the sect was respected and she continued to adhere to the protocols he put into place. However, she grew lax in her clearance of missions with him beforehand. I do not know if in private she was admonished, but publicly, he never spoke of it.

The YokoKami descended the mountain and headed off to a destination unknown. Yomi did not say and yet I did not believe that we had a proper heading. We would wander for a week and two days before anyone grew the courage to ask where we were going. In this instance, it happened to me.

Taking a knee, I called out to her formally, signaling to Michi andKo that they too should get into position.

“Milady, may I ask where we are headed? I only question out of curiosity.” I kept my head lowered, as she was above me. Presumably Yomi turned around, I could not tell but she did answer my question even though her response was unexpected.

“We are here where we are…We’ve arrived.” Yomi said in that evened tone. I was confused so I sought clarification.

“I don’t understand.”

Yomi told us to rise and we did so, looking at her I knew then that she in fact turned to face us. As she often did, she, looked to Michi and Ko first, before, meeting my eye.
“In due time Asuka. In the meantime, we go home.” Brushing past me she headed in direction of the home.

With a much more hurried pace than when we left, we went home. Clearing the distance travelled into half. upon arrival, she ordered us to Lord Kobayakawa. Ever the angular faced and beady-eyed, he looked at Yomi with half shock and half relief. As we knelt, Yomi stood.

“Yomi, my child…Oh forgive me I am used to it…How can I help you?”
Yomi did not say anything for a moment to long and Lord Kobayakawa went to fill the silence. Yomi then cut him off.

“Why are there only daughters here?” She was flat and non-accusatory but the accusation was not lost on anyone in the room. Closing the book, he tossed it aside slowly folding his arms around his back.

“Ahh, what Lord Goto said, has been weighing on you? Rest assured it is for a good reason.”

“I’d like to know. We are now equals.”

Lord Kobayakawa smirked and then let a bellyful laugh. Yomi told us to rise, and we did so, and Lord Kobayakawa countered the command.

“Stay down.” He was evened toned. I looked between him and Yomi Michi and Ko. Michi and Ko were just as confused as I. We hovered between appeasement and confusion. Yomi again told us to rise and we did so hesitantly, waiting for Lord Kobayakawa to belay that directive, he did not. Instinctively we moved into formation, Ko in the rear, Michi to her left me to her right. Yomi remained quiet, waiting for an answer to her last question.

“We are not equals in the way you are intent on seeing it.” He moved a step closer to us, but, she made no attempt to flee.

“I thought to wait to tell you your duty as a team, once you all have ascended, but I see that Lord Goto had placed a curiosity in you that cannot be contained…. very well.” He took another step closer, again, no one moved.

“We are not equals here anymore than the 4 of you are equals.” He waved a dismissive hand at us. “But you, Yomi, are my prize. The final piece to the great ascension, my great ascension. You, so firm in your beliefs, so pure in your rage, so beautiful in your savagery. A perfect sacrifice to Our Lord God. The rest of you, drained in order to create the ritual needed.” He had made his way closer, his hand was cupping her chin.

“What of killing your fellow brethren of the faith?” She replied.

“Trivial. If you die, then you weren’t really favored by our Lord God.”

“Why only daughters?”

“I do not question tradition. It is as it has always been… however, I cannot say that I am... pleased, after all I would prefer you as my bride.” He looked at her with a ravenous intent. I did not like his beady eyes and cleared my throat.

My Lord, please, to place your hand in this manner gives the look of impropriety.” Impropriety in this case meaning affection, which was not allowed in a place where the person you’ve been with your whole life could turn into a sacrifice under the ruling of our Lord God. Cutting his eyes at me, he eventually let go of her face. Yomi did not say a word for what felt like an eternity but we all waited for her to give some indication of something, anything.

“I see.”

“Is your faith wavering Yomi, now that you have heard the truth?” Lord Kobayakawa was still standing in front of Yomi.

“No, it has been renewed.” A look of genuine surprise appeared on his face as she looked at him dead on. He quickly regained his composure.

“Renewed?”

“I came here to learn of your convictions, not the truth. The truth was revealed to me some time ago and you gave me confirmation.”

Yomi paused before she continued “May I ask that you confirm one more thing for me?” The question was rhetorical. She hit him with an upward palm strike, Ko and Michi barred the entry way as Lord Kobayakawa stumbled backwards holding his broken nose as blood gushed out. I tripped him allowing him to fall clumsily to the floor. Pulling her trusty dagger out from underneath her cloak, she placed it on his eyeball.

“Do you know Rei?” She asked but he did not answer.

“I see…” Yomi took her dagger from his eyeball and removed herself from atop of him. He didn’t move, just laid there with blood still falling freely from his nostrils.

“She came to you!? She’s just a story, a myth! A desperate attempt at discrediting our Lord God!”

“As you said, I am the final piece to the great ascension. Me, so firm in my beliefs, so pure in my rage, so beautiful in my savagery; perfect. In my perfection, she came to reveal the truth. She couldn’t bear to lose her most devoted.” Yomi put her dagger away.

“The YokoKami is formally leaving the sect. There will be no hunt lest you want them returned to you in pieces.”

I looked at Yomi with an incredulous look we all did. She pushed passed Michi and Ko who had no choice but to follow her, I followed because much like Michi and Ko, what else could I do? In that moment, we left with a sense of urgency. If someone found Lord Kobayakawa in the state that we left him, he would be forced to send someone after us and he needed to save face. Yomi afforded him that and it also afforded us some much-needed distance from the mountain; the only home we’ve ever known.

We travelled for 3 days before Yomi clarified her actions. We sat around a fire, eating freshly caught fish as she gave her explanation. What she said was difficult to wrap our heads around.

“I’m aware you all have many questions. Before I continue know that this decision did not come easily.” She took a bite out of her fish.

“On the day of my final act of contrition, as you all bared witness, you were not the only ones present it seems. As I lay passed out on the ground, in my unconsciousness, the Goddess came to me, she called herself Rei. She told me that she would no longer allow me to devote myself to Jashin and that she was the true Goddess. She did not ask me to take her words as fact, though she asked me to keep an open mind. She revealed the ritual to me and asked me to allow her to present 3 truths to me and if I am convinced, she would bestow her power upon me.”

“Get the fuck out of here!” Michi said as she stood up. Ko and myself pulled her back down.

“These confirmations?” I asked.

“Yes. Asuka you were the first. She told me that you would be the one to speak first. You are always questioning, and that I should use that as a guide. The second, being Kobayakawa’s non-committal response to the existence of Rei. The third, after we gathered here for this talk she would bestow her first blessing upon me. As you know, Jashinist’s are hard to kill, but their power is incomplete. It is because they are praying to a false God that cannot grant what she could.” Yomi placed her fish down and pulled out her dagger.

“Ko, your hand please.” Ko was obedient as ever. Yomi sliced Ko’s hand open. We watched as the blood pooled out of her hand but she did not pull it away. Yomi held her own hand out and it glowed a feint green color she held it to Ko’s hand. Her once damaged skin had closed before our eyes. [Mystical Hand] Michi let out an audible gasp and Ko grinned widely. Yomi let the light fade from her hand and sat quietly. I knew her well enough to know that this was not the end of it, so I gently pressed as a malevolent Goddess does not do what they do freely.

“And so? What does she want?” I asked.

“For my great ascension, she requires Michi and Ko.” She looked over to them who immediately stood.

In that moment, I saw that the Goddess did not want sheep. My questioning saved me from being called to her side. I cannot bring myself to write what happened between us that night, but, in the end Michi and Ko willingly sacrificed themselves to allow for Yomi’s ascension.

We wandered aimlessly for months, looking for a suitable place to reside We came to Konoha and they graciously granted us shelter. Now we call it home. Should you seek her blessing, this is where she could be found.

Yomi closed the book and looked at Asuka. Asuka was fairly certain she knew the critiques of this book and cleared it up before Yomi could protest.

“I thought it better that we leave out the details of what happened to Michi and Ko. It would put us in a precarious position here.” Asuka removed the book from in front of Yomi.
“You do them a great disservice, Asuka. They gave their lives for <B>that mission. Further, like the first book, you give little thought to them as if they are a foot note in our history. You would not be alive without them. I do not like this hurried ending you put together. ” Yomi pushed away from the table with a sour look on her face and stood.

“The truth could very well put targets on our backs and would compromise the current mission. We spent years planning the take-down of that hidden village. If someone came across this, they would immediately assume we’re playing the long con here too.” Asuka immediately rose as well, taking a knee in the presence of her Goddess who was alarmingly screw faced.

“I know.” Yomi walked passed Asuka, placing her hand on the shoulder of her oldest friend and follower.

“You have my approval. The pain you feel when you think about them, pales in comparison to the pain I, that is Rei, feels because She is forgotten. Michi and Ko are at the place we long to go; at our maker's side. In order to join them, we have to complete our mission undeterred. You have reminded me of that.” The woman left without another word, leaving Asuka with her book.

The Lore: Revelations: The Word of Rei
As 1st Disciple I have been granted the authority to present this piece as dictated by Yomi. As such no edits, have been made and should be taken as the literal word of Rei, Supreme Goddess.

Jashin is a rebuked lover of Rei. Cast out of Her supreme presence for acts she deemed unworthy. Thereby to get back in to Rei’s good graces he fashioned himself a god and sacrificed countless to Her to try and placate the Goddess. Rei has yet to decide if Jashin deserves her forgiveness. Followers of Jashin are true disciples of Rei, The Supreme Goddess of Malevolence. Throughout history there have been countless uprisings over women by men. All these women are descendants of Rei although as far as we know, Rei has only presented herself into Yomi.

The Lore: The 3 Tennent’s of Rei & Daily Devotions
As devout followers of the Supreme Goddess, you shall know that Her word is law above all else. Presented here for your information are the Three Tennent’s of Rei as told by Yomi.

1 – Death will only come by Yomi’s, that is Rei’s, sacred decree; your existence belongs to Rei belongs to Yomi.
2 – Blood spilled in Rei’s name in Yomi’s name in any capacity shall be recognized as sacrament.
3 – Heed the word of Yomi for it is too my word, The Supreme Goddess Rei, for I am Yomi, Yomi is Rei.

We few chosen as disciples have made Yomi’s words, heard by The Supreme Goddess, during her Acts of Contrition, our words of daily devotion. We say these so that she may hear our prayers too and know that she is not forgotten. We have updated it to reflect our belief in our true Goddess, Rei, that is Yomi.

Supreme Goddess, please accept this act before you from a humble unworthy servant
May you find sustenance in this bloody spread and know that it is you that I serve
Today, may you find me worthy of your holy blessing even though I could never hope to be
Tomorrow, may I be able to serve you another great feast so that I may continue to sustain you
By your blessing
<i>
</i>
Another prayer that the uninitiated have been heard saying, in acknowledgment of Yomi, that is Rei, which has been deemed a testament to the Supreme Goddess and her holy blessings has been added as an official prayer.
Earthly Goddess, bound here by marrow and blood, I beseech you
Bring forth your word to the blind, to the deaf, and to the ignorant so that they too may heed the divine call
Earthly Goddess, built by perfection and protected in blood, we offer you our daughters, so they may too be shielded by your divine wisdom
Bring forth you word in pools of crimson by force and fire
Earthly Goddess, heard by Rei, that is you, may you hear us too
By your blessing​
<i>
</i>
Finally, the final prayer as acknowledged by Yomi, that is Rei, from me, Sacred Advisor Asuka Hano, 1st Disciple, is the prayer which all initiates must begin and end their day with.
Yomi, that is Rei, the Supreme Goddess, forgive me
For I am unworthy of acknowledgement by you
Both Daughters, yet I could not see as clearly as you
That makes me forever undeserving
Yet, by your divine wisdom, you delivered me from the Beguiled
And showed me the truth of my lost brethren
Woe to those who are still misled by the false god and defilers of your, that is Rei’s, Daughters
May we never let their sacrifices go unnoticed
By he who does not deserve your acknowledgment
May we release them all from the Beguiled
So, that he too may finally be released to the judgement of Rei, that is Yomi
By your blessing​
<i>
</i>

Asuka clutched her book and prayed to Yomi in the library before she could get up to leave.

[topic entered/topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back