Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Unknown Extra Curricular Training [open]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shinbatsu's path. A place for training, honoring, sparing, and any other physical practice a nin may need in order to prepare for the harsh reality that was the world of ninja. This was exactly what a certain white-haired teen wanted to do. He wore a black and white haori along with a green scarf that clashed with his aquamarine eyes. A small white hilt of a kodachi could be seen poking out of the back of his uniform, and a much larger exposed katana sheath was on his back on top of it. He came with all of his equipment.

He reached an opening in shinbatsu's path, and took a deep breath. His elemental release training. He did this three times a week every week in the afternoons, usually two being crammed in the weekend. It was extra training that he had never told his friend, who was starting to become like a partner after learning under Uri's wing (Both metaphorically, and litterally), but they still had to trump one another somehow. Just as His mini-affro rocking comrade had special training with his old man Ryuichi commonly found himself doing two things for his own.

First thing was watching other shinobi train, and was more of an instructional guide than any simple tips could give. Mainly because Ryuichi held the power of the sharingan. It started with a simple test to see if he could cause gravel to shift at someone's feet by copying Eiji's doton. This test was a success causing a training dummy to be permanently shifted off-balance because of the unstable earth it stood on. This little success was enough for Ryuichi to crave more.

He wanted to master elemental release. To master manipulation of the things that composed the whole world. It was an awesome thought.

So now he stood in shinbatsu's path. No other nin currently training to spy on, meaning he could only use the second part of his training. Practical application.

Ryuichi flashed 5 hand seals, and grinned, slapping the floor. He couldn't wait to see Eiji's face when he saw..."Doton: Shinkuhōru no ken! (Sinkhole fist!)" With the command three pillars of earth shot from the level ground beneath him. Normally this jutsu was preformed to do blunt damage to a target. However, Ryuichi simply allowed for the pillars to stand straight up, twisting together to form a single pillar of stone around 40 feet around, and going high enough to see the entirety of the path.

Step one: complete. Ryuichi then allowed chakra to flow into his feet, throwing the top layer of his haori off along with his weapons to reveal a vest covered in chakra-compressed weights. Right now he was carrying an extra 20 pounds on each arm, 30 on each leg, and 80 on his vest. Before he could run up the pillar with his chakra-enhanced soles...the pillar started to collapse. Ryuichi's face went pale white as a massive rock came falling right for him. The weights wouldn't let him move fast enough to run out of the way.

This was gonna hurt.

Ryuichi regret trying to do anything beyond his much more comfortable fire-style.
I'll be solo-finishing this thread just before the week ends to use as training if no one joins by then.

Hotaka Kyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Colosseum, a place Kyo had spent some time during his academy years, training and using the sands to help push him beyond what he had already achieved. He didn’t spend as much time here as he used to, instead more of it being spent in the Forest, on mission and recovery. He wasn’t even here really for the same reason he used to come by, but more simply because he had intended to leave out a care package for those that were training, providing them with a juice and bit of meat to assist in their recovery. Some viewed the act as being kind, but that wasn’t Kyo’s reason for performing it. Rather he did it as it meant stronger fighters in Kumo, which meant as safer Kumo over all for his brothers while he was away on mission, which in turn gave him more of a piece of mind. It also allowed him to be somewhat known to the fighters, and on occasion build up relations with them that may be beneficial in the future. The scarred man didn’t correct people though, he allowed them to think what they would about his actions, the same as when he worked in the Chronopolis for lower pay than he would normally expect to receive from a similar mission posted through official channels or the training of ‘his’ children. Thought the latter was very much a recent phenomenon.

While normally there were a half dozen fighters at least, today it seemed the area was monopolized by a single young nin, he caught them raising the earthen platforms as he was setting out the juice and meat, it was too much this time as there was only a single person, which was disappointing to Kyo. He only half paid attention to what the young nin was doing as he went about setting up the cups, plates and other things, so when they started to collapse Kyo turned to watch fully what it was the young nin was going to do, destroy the falling debris? Dodge out of the way? Cause it to crumble to dust? When the young one froze, Kyo watched a moment more before dashing forward, his speed bluring his visage as he put himself between the pale-faced nin and the injury that was coming his way, his fists leaving a shimmering trail as he struck out at the rock that was falling on their position, each strike dealing more damage to the rock and the second leaving a shimmering coating on what was left on the rock until the fourth and last strike destroyed it completely. Kyo turned to face the young nin, weighed down by the weights and simply shook his head slightly, “Take a break, get a drink and ponder on what just happened. What you could change and why you should do so.” Kyo then returned to setting out the rest of good he had brought and so unceremoniously abandoned to assist the young nin. Again, it could be viewed as an act of kindness, but the true motive was that the injury would result in the young nin having to recover rather than working to improve, thus causing the strength of Kumo as a whole to be weakened for a period of time. He needed them stronger if he was to leave for any true length of time, and his plans did require traveling for some time.

[Topic Entered]
[Jutsu Used: Giga Star Breaker]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuichi prepared for the worst. His mostly untrained mind couldn't come up with a way to dispose of it himself. A fireball would just brush it gently, electric jutsu wouldn't do much to a slab of rock, his wind jutsu required his weapon which was already out of the way, and his earth style was obviously sub-par. Luckily his lack of a reaction in the moment was forgiven when he saw what appeared to be stars, or cosmic energy destroying the combined threat of stone, and gravity.

Somewhat in awe of the shimmering chakra that was used he looked to Kyo, and nodded. His eyes were still a bit wide, and he gulped at nothing. "Right...I just didn't keep up my chakra control...I think The stone wasn't all in one piece when I made it." He shivered . Seeing the new arrival walk away, Ryuichi gave it a moment before removing the weighted vest, letting it hit the ground before following after him. "Hey, my guy. That jutsu looked pretty strong. Could you give me some tips maybe?" He asked, noticing the drinks and food set out.

"Ehh...If you're waiting on someone I can just leave." He said with a dissatisfied sigh. Kyo looked liked he had been through shit with all those scars. The fact he was still alive after such only meant one thing. Experience. Ryuichi would love some insight from someone new on the subject, so he held a sliver of hope that no one in particular was showing up. Of course, he didn't know why Kyo had set this stuff out to begin with.

Hotaka Kyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kyo nodded at the boys explanation as he finished setting out the food and drink, there was far too much of it now for just the boy, but that was what he got for not checking beforehand and assuming that things would run as normal. There must be some event going on somewhere that he didn’t know about. “Next time focus, make sure you feel it and it feels right before you finish the jutsu.” He made note of the weighted vest, which helped explain why the young one hadn’t dodge out of the way, it wasn’t necessarily that he was to stunned to do so, simply that he had weighted himself down too much for better training of his chakra control. When addressed as ‘my guy’ Kyo would look over to the boy and shake his head, “Do NOT call me that.” After a moment’s pause he added his name, “I am Hotaka Kyo. And you are?” The boy knew enough to ask for assistance, and didn’t let his pride get in the way of it, which was a fine, enough thing.

When he stated he could leave Kyo shook his head, “No need, I’m here for those training, which for now is just you.” Taking a moment to draw in a breath and let it out in a slight sigh he continued, “Do not push yourself to injury; there are plenty of others willing to accommodate you in that department.” He paused a moment before added more, “ When you use jutsu, you need to both shut out the rest of the world and be aware of it at the same time, you have to be able to focus on the chakra leaving your body, how it is moving, how much of it there is and what you want it to do. You cannot fail in any of the three without disastrous results.” Kyo nodded towards where the earth had risen and been destroyed before offering the boy a cup of the juice he had brought, it was sweet and light, and would help fill the drinker with a bit of immediate energy. “If you have specific questions, ask them.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With a nod at his advice Ryuichi began to wonder. Has he been 'feeling' his jutsu up to this point? Thinking back he realize that all this time his jutsu have been on the weaker side due to his tendency to focus more on his surroundings than he does the jutsu itself. But how to balance his focus on two things? He brushed the thought aside when Kyo got on his case about calling him 'my guy'.

Growing up in Cronopolis gave Ryuichi a bit of a brash, and uncaring attitude when it came to names and such. Usually skipping to calling people nicknames before even asking them their name. Was it rude? Probably. Did Ryuichi even notice? Nope. With an outstretched hand he took the offered drink and sat down. "I'm Otani Ryuichi. People just call me Ryu, or somethin' like that. Never been a fan of formal names. Thank you...for saving my butt back there, Kyo." He said, taking a drink. His legs were crossed on the hard ground, his arm and leg weights clicking with one another as he lifted his arm.

The smooth, light, and sweet liquid ran down his throat and was met with a satisfied Ryuichi letting out a sharp inhale as he finished the entire cup. His attitude becoming noticeably more upbeat before asking another question. "I feel like once the jutsu leaves my body I have less control over it. Is there a better way to focus on something that's already out?" He asks in curiosity, knowing the new arrival must have been strong to use a jutsu that flashy just moments ago.

Hotaka Kyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the boy took the drink and answered his name and thanked him Kyo merely gave a solid nod in reply to his thanks, "Otani-kun, one must get used to formality in this line of work. There are those that may have your tongue if you are to blithe or rude with them." he let that hang for a moment before continuing, "Formality issues aside, you may make enemies of those you wish on your side with such speech. Gauge those you speak to before you do so, it may very well save you or a team member one day." He watched the boy sit and drink. He had no real need for the formality, but it was another misgiving he had about the way they taught in the academy, it was all too common for the students to address superiors and others however they wished. In fact he had taken issues with it when he was a student in the academy years ago, and while he had voiced them, he had been quietly dismissed, as was due his rank.

Kyo held up his hand showing his thumb and two fingers, "You do have less control over it, but the way to focus is through one of the three man ways of training with Chakra in the first place. Not all of them work for all individuals to the same degree. Personally the first, studying does very little for me. Knowing what I am to do and when helps, but it doesn't provide any real increase in control or power that is noticeable compared to the other two methods." Kyo paused to take a breath while dropping one of the fingers before continuing, "The second is one that is often overlooked, not just by students but by many nin, and that is meditation. Focus on one's inner energies and feel how they move through your body, and how it affects the world around you as you meditate. I prefer active meditation through kata rather than passive many advocate. You should try both at some point. This may help you the most currently, and if you have the mind the average boy does, will be difficult but rewarding." Kyo dropped another finger and finished, "Lastly you have what for me is the most effective method. And that is simple practice. Similar to what you were already doing, utilizing the techniques such as wall climbing, water walking, and jutsu practice. These methods are effective for all individuals to some degree." Kyo paused and looked the boy over a moment before asking, "Do you spin your chakra to build it up yet? This can also help, if you're not already utilizing it, it is more of a trick than true enhancement though."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Formality didn't seem like an issue Ryuichi had to deal with regardless of enemies, and allies due to the line of the ninja he was going to follow. The ANBU weren't much for being charismatic and friendly, after all. However, he felt that if he blatantly continued the behavior in front of Kyo, he would simply get angry. "Right, right. I'll keep that in mind, Hotaka-san." He said with a grin.

When Kyo went through all the ways one could train their chakra usage, and made a mental note with each. Ryuichi would nod once the mini-lecture was done he went over them once more. "I study daily. It's why I've gotten so far. Less than a half a year ago I couldn't even muster the strength to do a low-level jutsu, like storm bolt. Same goes for hands on practice, like ya saw...I may check out meditation methods since I haven't tried it, yeah?"

With that he stood back up, stretching his arms above his head. "I guess in the heat of the moment I can do it more naturally. I just wanna learn how to do it without having to zone out. To be more thought out about my actions, ya know?" He said, brushing his hand through his mess of white hair.

Hotaka Kyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When the boy told him he would keep it in mind Kyo gave the grinning boy a nod, it was good to do, even if one didn’t do it at all times. Keeping it in mind was useful at times when you wouldn’t think it could be, you never knew when you needed information from someone who would react harshly to the casualness that Ryuichi had displayed. Even if the boy didn’t take it to heart, he would have it for his future as a possibility, and that was enough.

“Everyone is different when it comes to these things, try meditation in quiet, then in a place where you can tune the noise out such as a crowded area or near a waterfall. They both may be passive but some find it easier with one or the other. Active mediation, as you’ve said you utilize study, can be explained in Osho’s meditation techniques in more detail than I can go into in a short time.” Kyo added in reply to the boys consideration of using meditation.

When the young white haired boy stood and spoke Kyo moved to stand next to him, “Have your tried guided use? I’ve never utilized it myself, but essentially you have another knowledgeable of the technique you are trying walk you through it, not with words, but with merged chakra, feeling how the other uses it and what they are doing." Kyo paused a moment before continuing, "There is also the possibility that while you desire to be more thought out in your actions, your strength lies in your ‘living in the moment’ type of jutsu usage. If this is the case, then simply strengthening the physical and spiritual together can offer the most improvement.” Kyo paused to shake his head, “There are many possible paths to strength and power, not all must be followed, but all must be looked at, if for no other reason than to know your enemy.” He didn't add the rest of the saying, it was a well known one that was likely heard often enough that speaking it again wouldn't be needed.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hearing of all the methods to improve his jutsu usage, Ryuichi decided to take several mental notes. He made it a point to try and remember to find 'Osho's meditation techniques' somewhere. After giving it a short moment to think, Ryuichi looked back at the mess he had made with his training. "Hands on training is probably the way to go. But I wanna be able to do this while not being 'in the moment'. Just for dealing with enemies who also plan ahead, ya know?" he sighed, and put his hand that was still lingering in his mound of hair to his side.

"Thanks for the support, Ky- uhm... Hotaka-san." He said going over the three things once more in his head. Meditation, Study, and practice. Seeing that he has already caused enough of a problem for anyone who would have ro repair the grounds that he had so graciously destroyed Ryuichi thought it would be good to find that book Kyo had mentioned. "I'll go see if the libraries have that meditation stuff my Osho. It really means a lot for ya to spend your time to help me out." Ryuichi raised his hand in a wave. He went to grab his equipment, and chest weight that he quickly found himself donning again.

With a flip of the wrist to send his scarf flying in a circle around his neck a single time Ryuichi was complete, and began to walk towards the exit to the path. One more wave to Kyo, and a grin later, the white haired boy was out of there. Leaving behind several broken stones, an empty cup, and most of the mess he had made to begin with.

[topic left]

Hotaka Kyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kyo gave the boy a nod in return as he thanked him and left, he had at least attempted to stay courteous, and that was an improvement over what he had started with. Besides that, the boy seemed genuinely interested in improving, which was good. The man with the scored flesh would finish his set up before looking out over the mess Ryuichi had left to be dealt with by others.

The current state of the area was abysmal, and while he couldn’t fault the kid for not fixing it up, it would take some effort and time, and with his chakra being what caused the issue, that meant it wouldn’t be much help for him either, Kyo still couldn’t just leave it this way. No, doing that would mean whomever came to train afterwards would have issues, and possibly skip out on their training, and Kyo didn’t want that. And so it came to be that the young man, who had simply came to provide refreshments for those training, spent more of his time working on bringing the area back to a pristine condition, or at least as close as he could get.

Kyo went about it in his own manner, smoothing the ground, pulverizing the rock into sand, and even took the time to distribute the sand evenly across the ground. It wasn’t exactly the hardest work he had done, but it was something one would expect either employees or academy students to do, still it needed to be done and so it was. When he was satisfied with the work, Kyo would pack up and leave, disappointed that no others had come to train today, there really must have been some event that he had missed. Not wanting the items to go to waste, or the opportunity that they still presented, Kyo set out for the Cronopolis after packing them once more, there he would distribute them before he would continue on with his day.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back