Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Upgrades [Open|Sousuke]

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
One never would had ever expected Ryuu Tama of all people to actually be living in the Diamond District, or that they’d even let it happen, but here Toushin was; sitting in what looked like a personal hanger in the swankest place in Sunagakure. He was sitting back in a long metal chair padded with leather cushions. Both of his arms were removed with only the mechanical sockets exposed where his shoulders would be with wires hanging out. His abdomen was pulled held opened by clamps, but guts and gore were pushed aside by machinery that was pumping his body’s natural fluids in oppose to the organs that would normally regulate him; his own flesh that had failed him.

Any normal man, hell, any normal fully trained shinobi would require anesthesia and enough painkillers to knock out a Suna Tiger. Uzu, on the other hand, flat refused them every single time he came to Tama’s home for maintenance; even if the scientist was a raging drunk. He was, after all, the Hybrid’s greatest creation, and not a soul could figure out the madman’s prosthetic; with the manual. Then again, no one else had taken to multiple part replacement like Toushin had, and even though he was an on-going experiment, the assassin continued to pretended he felt no pain.

The truth was, it was the most painful thing he had ever experienced. It took loads of focus and will to simply not go into shock when Tama started cutting him open. That and the Hybrid removing each part one-by-one to repair and clean it was still nothing compared to the pain of having the arms removed. Tama made sure that Toushin wasn’t just walking around with two numb piece of metal stuck to his body, and had found a way to attach nerve endings to make the arms trick the brain into being real. His abdomen had taken enough punishment over his life that he rarely felt pain from it anyways, but Uzu prided himself on the reaction timing of his original fleshy arms. To say that he was happy the scientist had managed to recreate this was an understatement, but the cost was searing pain; 24/7.

Loud, poppy music filtered overhead as the scientist bobbed and swayed his hips to the sounds. In his bloody gloved hands was the part the assassin behind him used to filter poisons in place of his liver; it was filthy.

Living the high-life there, eh Uzu? I see…ooh, whiskey, red meat, maybe some high-priced STDs?” he finished with a snicker before a wrench flew past Tama’s head and clattered against his work table. At the last second the scientist lifted his glass of red wine as the wrench slid past and onto the floor. Putting the part down, the fae creature reached up to his lips with the bloody exam glove and remove the cigarette that was hanging from them to tap the growing ash off.
At least twelve upgrades, and you’re still the worst about taking jokes. Maybe we need to update the modular inside of your fucking head too, make you a little more appreciative of my services.
And you could stop being such a prissy child, and do what I pay, you for,” Uzu responded, his eyes closed, “The only reason we’re not still doing this in that sorry trailer you used to call a house, is because of my generous funding, and strings,” his eyes half-opened and shot a neutral glance at the sassy genius, “Don’t forget that a single string tug can easily remove all of this as well. I burned a lot of bridges to get you into the Diamond District, I have no problems burning even more to run you out.

Tama frowned, but said nothing before putting the cigarette out and turning around to get back to work on the part. Uzu was right, on a whole mess of levels. Without the old bastard he would have never been allowed back into the Diamond District…no matter how much money he made from elective surgeries. Toushin, however, walked into the District Council’s office once and came back with a deed in under an hour. They lived next to each other, though on the books Toushin’s deed was under his daughter’s name. It was going to be a surprise gift when he died, or when she got married; whichever came first. Yet he was almost certain that the house given to Tama was next to his own for a reason.

Is Sousuke still coming?
He never said yes or no, just he’d look into it if he had time. No doubt he’s been distracted by both his new granddaughter and the war, if he shows up then he probably has more respect for you than I thought. Not like he can’t make a sword, of all things.

Yes, of that the assassin had no doubts. If there was one thing he knew the Takahashi had in spades was weapon crafting. He already had a deal with the newest blacksmithing clan that was producing new weapons for Suna’s military, and their craft was amazing. They were also geniuses for being able to adhere to Tama’s exact specifications for modifying the shinobi prosthetics…but Uzu wanted something else to protect his life with. Takahashi Steel was fabled, and it would be easier to hand down to Chiyoko as well. Aside from those two things, Toushin had always wanted a sword crafted from the Takahashi clan. Now that he had plenty of money and actually worked from the Suna government, he hoped it was enough to sway Sousuke’s favor for the man to personally make him a blade to fell their shared enemies with.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The loud poppy music was annoying. Sousuke hated it, but he endured it. He was more so here to visit Toushin more than Tama. It seemed like the two were having a quarrel of sorts. The Steward didn’t particularly care for it as Tama was able to get on most people’s bad sides. It was a universal and uncanny ability he had. Tama was liable to be given a black eye on any day of the week. The good thing was that Tama could heal himself quickly enough about it. Sousuke almost choked Tama out when it came to ruining his own brother’s birthday. Sousuke almost choked Tama out on another occasion when he tried to ruin a game of Pretend Wizards on purpose. Suffice to say, Tama found himself several times on being at the other end of Sousuke’s metallic hands around his neck. “The sword isn’t the hard part. It’s the hand that’s meant to handle it.” Sousuke announced his presence casually. He had that habit still of appearing at the drop of a moment’s notice, and unannounced by others.

Sousuke wore a white suit. He placed his hands into his pockets. The Steward gave Tama a bored look, and then he looked over at Toushin. The Steward had a business look about it, and such was evidenced by the fact he wore his flesh suit. He wore a black shirt, and had some jewelry on him. On his left had he wore two rings. On his right hand he wore a signet ring of the Journeymen. He wore a single gold earring on his right ear. He had some grey in his hair. “Show me what I’m working with. I need to see the hands and the arms. Making the blade is easy, but the handle has to balance out. I need to know if there is any intention of there a duel blade. People who can successful use those are a rarity, and the thing is ... of the three of us here, in theory two of us are going to be capable of doing it.” Sousuke added. He looked over to Toushin and shook his head. It seemed that something had caught up with the old assassin, and he very much was in the same state of things that he had went through for a number of years. “It’s a raw feeling, isn’t it?” He spoke now directly to Toushin.

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tama,” Uzu said with authority as Sousuke entered the garage. His heart had increased in rate by about five percent upon seeing the Steward. The scientist looked back from his work and jumped a little when he saw the ex-Kage, nearly dropping his glass of wine. It brought the assassin great joy to know that man was interested in making the sword. Toushin sat up completely in the metal chair, straddling the long set as he sat up straight waiting for the mad scientist to reinstall his arms.
Well, I mean, honestly he can just get the measurements from the hands just hanging over ther-,” the scientist started in remarks to Sousuke’s need for measurements.

Tama was cut off by a glare. Not just any glare either, but the look of a man who was a killer, who had raised a child, and was currently combating cancer while still serving his country. The authoritarian power of Uzu’s eyes froze the talkative Hybrid silent as he stalked over to the two mechanical arms hanging on chains to dry from their cleaning. Perhaps it was because, when they were both young, Toushin had very nearly killed Tama. In reality Toushin had just learned the best way to keep the mad scientist in check was holding blackmail over the creature’s Pride. The asshole could heal nearly any injury he suffered instantly, and since they had last partnered together, Tama had expanded his…tastes. It was hard to continue beating a man who kept screaming, ‘yes daddy, more.” Yet, just having this house over the scientist’s head was enough to get him to do nearly anything. Toushin never did push it too far, because he also knew how vindictive the idiot was, but knew when and where to apply pressure when needed.

So, the scientist slipped the rods into place and shoved them into Toushin’s shoulder sockets until there was an audible click. Once both arms were in place the Hybrid rolled his hands through a few handseals before placing his right palm on the very center of Toushin’s back. A jolt of chakra mixed with Hybrid energy surged through the assassin’s body. It caused his back to arc on its own as every last muscle in his body tensed up as they tried to naturally resist Tama’s energy entering his body. His whole form shook as if in a seizure for three seconds before Uzu slumped forward suddenly. He gasped for air, coughed, and slowly began swing his leg over to one side of the chair so he could stand up and greet Sousuke properly; ignoring the fact his heart had literally stopped for a second.

A stumble at first, but then eventually a steady gait and the assassin had quietly walked over to the Takahashi with his hand extended in greeting,
The mastery it takes to be able to wield two weapons is something that is passed through the blood, at least I’ve found. It has been years, Sousuke! I do believe the last we met was…in a bakery?

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke would quietly consider the last time he had seen Uzu in person. It had been years, yes, it had been several years. “Yes... it was the bakery, but that was the last time we had seen each other in the flesh... as you know that I know that you know that I know that the last time we had met by proxy had been that time you interfered with some ambitious young man who tried to have me murdered when Chiyo was out on a date with Michino as I was in the neighbourhood at the time.” Sousuke tapped his nose. There was a sort of cat and mouse game between the two of them. Uzu and Sousuke were never directly dealing with each other, instead it had been a series of proxy wars or secret wars. Sousuke would exchange the handshake with Uzu. “I should thank-you for that, but then again for all rights intents and purposes it never happened, and that... ambitious young man simply had a bad day.” Sousuke spoke in confidence. What was done in the shadows, stayed in the shadows.

Sousuke would take his time to do the necessary analysis of Uzu’s hands, his arms, and everything else. When the assassin spoke of the ability to wield duel weaponry being handed down by blood, the Steward would shake his head. “I disagree.” He would pause for a moment, “If blood based abilities were truly the case then... I would have been a skilled puppeteer. I am a student of Lady Azame, which very few can say... have survived the experience due to her harsh teaching methods.” He would make a shrugging gesture. “Lady Azame ... ah ... even in her older years she is not a woman to be trifled with. Any woman who was capable of keeping Lord Kaibudo on a short leash is not meant to be trifled with.” Sousuke would speak lowly. Tama was certainly terrified of Mako, Sousuke was hesitant to think of how Tama would react to Lady Azame. Luckily the two had never met, but Tama had one advantage with Lady Azame – she was never drunk

“Well then.” He would pause for a moment, “I have acquired the data I need, and now for a few personal questions. Blade is a very broad term, and so we need to boil it down to what type of blade exactly.” Sousuke would hold out his hands and form a plasma image of a short sword. “Short swords?” He would then modify the weapon then, “Long Sword?” Again he would edit the image of the blade again. “Scimitar? Falchion?” Each blade was very different, and this in part boiled down to personal preference. Uzu certainly had his favourite type, and it would be absolutely spiteful if he were to construct a weapon for him that he personally hated.

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Toushin only gave a deep chuckle in regards to Sousuke’s story. The cat-like mad scientist behind them did not need any info that he could leverage, because there was a saying in the circles that the scientist frequented - Give Tama an inch, and he’ll stretch it across Sunagakure. The cat and mouse that the two old kings used to play were bygone glory days of power struggles, fine alcohol, beautiful women, and a new challenge to overcome every day he continued to claim the title ‘King’ while Sousuke ruled overhead. It was almost odd how much respect Uzu had for the ex-Kazekage given that he was literally the only thing that kept him from taking over all of Suna some weeks; and usually with a simple pen stroke at that. It was the Steward’s wit Toushin had combated against as opposed to the fool scientist behind them, and the assassin could only claim a handful of hard-earned victories. Since his exit from Shadow King after the second betrayal, he gladly gave over his talents to be used by the Sunan military; so long as Sousuke was a guiding hand in some way. Not even five years ago he’d have never seen himself under the full control of law or willingly aid the government but, life was strange like that.

Ah, but there is truth in that I suppose,” the old assassin admitted to the ability of two-handed fighting as the master craftsman began to take measures. “My clan always took a staunch stance towards conserving talented bloodlines but, much as I try not to think of it, my own daughter prefers single weapons. Not that she isn’t capable with a weapon in each hand, but she tends to lean too heavily towards her left when attacking - which is easy to fix in unarmed combat and use as a great counter. Not so much with weapons unless you’ve trained enough or, in my case, had natural talent. Mayhaps the instructors of my ill-remembered youth were just rusty and luck has carried me this far.

Once the Steward finished his measurements, he held out a hand and presented multiple weapon style to choose from in a holographic image. Tama had technology like this, but he had never seen it be so portable. Looking over to what was his ‘liver’ sitting on the table being cleaned, perhaps he shouldn’t be so surprised.
Funny you should mention that.

The assassin stepped away and soundlessly walked across the large garage over to a simple black knapsack and unzipped the top to pull out a small leather tome. Casually flipping it open to a bookmark, Uzu turned a couple of pages before reversing the book so Sousuke could see the image of a wakizashi,
When I was young, my sword teachers often spoke of weapons that were alike the katana we forge throughout our lands, but shorter and deadlier. The Uzumoreru blacksmiths, which had long ago died out by the time I was born, used to make them in pairs for the most elite of our family. The name of the weapon has been lost, as has most of the forging techniques, but I imagine you have something in mind already.

Tama blew air out of his nose before pulling out another cigarette and crouching down to the minifridge he had tucked away under the workbench. He was half-insulted already that the assassin was looking for weaponry outside of Tama’s engineering, and that he was looking for two actual swords and not just blades to be fitted into the arms was another hammer to that nail. Fishing out the bottle of wine he had opened earlier he loudly popped the cork and playfully threw it at Toushin; it split in half midair and harmlessly flew past. The scientist frowned as he poured his chilled red into the glass to top off what he had already,
You’re really no fun Toushin, how the hell do you ever get laid?
I pay for it,” Uzu replied humbly before twitching his wrist slightly to retract the razor thin wire that just cut the cork and now Tama’s bottle of wine in half. Panicked swearing picked up behind them as Toushin patiently awaited the Steward’s response.

[MFT]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke would shrug at the two of them when they spoke of women. “I simply awaited until the time was right to have a relationship with a woman. I’m fairly certain the number of foes I have outnumber the two of you. I would not wish Ishii Shouki upon either of you. Tama you remember him, don’t you? He was that member of the Cabal who blocked his entry to the village. Funny thing – he’s the son of the Daimyo.” Sousuke explained and dropped a knowledge bomb upon them. The Steward had quite literally put his relationship with Yume on the side for over a decade due to not wanting Shouki catch wind of his relationship and using them against him. The problem was that it happened and it happened once too many times. At some points Sousuke wondered if it was because Shiori had been captured and tortured by Shouki that was to blame as to why she awoke as Mother Suna. Suffice it to say Sousuke had lived a long time, and there was some regrets. The Steward had tried to live his life not being ruled by his regrets. It was oftentimes a difficult thing to do at times. Sousuke for a moment spaced out as he considered these things. Exhausted nerves, PTSD, it had several names. His eyes clicked as he snapped out of the memory. “Apologies. Old memories haunting me, happens from time to time.”The Steward would finally answer.

The Steward quietly watched as Uzu ruined a bottle of wine for Tama. The Steward was not surprised by this and simply allowed for it. Tama was always having a way with words. “At any rate. I will make you twin short swords.” He would answer. The Steward seemed to snap out of whatever it was that had grasped him and taken him out of his element. “Is there anything sentimental you wish for me to put into the pommel, a gemstone? Maybe a birth stone? Any inscriptions? I know some people have a certain flair for particular words or phrases such as ... ‘fight for the day’ or ‘strength’.” If the Steward was going to make a weapon, or in this case the pair of them it should be a personal thing.

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Out of politeness, the assassin pretended the Steward's momentary lapse in awareness never happened. He simply continued on the conversation,
"No mind," before placing a hand to his chin to give thought to Sousuke's question. It wasn't normally like assassins to gild their weapons in ways that can identify their persona. Yet here was an opportunity the old king never thought he'd have; his rival crafting a weapon for him.
"...ah, well, if I'm going to put anything on them..." the assassin felt an uncanny blush beginning to rise in his cheeks before he asserted himself over the human emotions boiling in his heart, "I would like you to stamp the kanji for "Chi" near the pommel on each blade. We assassin's don't usually mar our weapons with anything that can lead back to anything beyond the target - in case we fail. However, presented with such a rare opportunity, the least I can do take the first three letters of my daughter's name to imprint each weapon...a reminder to why I continue to serve despite..." the killer's hand touched his chest, the fingers gripping at the flesh, "[glow]...that which tries to consume me.[/glow]"

The cancer wasn't getting any better. The number of missions he had under his belt since joining ANBU was something that would be spoken of to new recruits for ages to come, provided they all survived the damn war, but the day-in-day-out took their toll. Even now he suspected the scientist who had finished cleaning the wine mess and was pretending to ignore them was working to sabatoge the part he was supposed to be repairing. Dealing with Tama was one of Uzu's least favoruite things in the world, and were he not providing life-saving equipment at exoriberant prices the assassin would of wrote the mad-scientist off ages ago. The man would eventually either redeme himself or implode in self absorbtion; there was no other ending for Ryuu Tama. He could hear the fool behind him scoff at his choice in branding but chose to let that bit of pride be stepped on. Even with Sousuke there, the assassin knew his limits with the doctor next door, and simply smiled warmly at a man who also knew what it was like to be a father.

Though, comparing the two in parenting was night and day.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Uzu explained that assassins usually did not have their weapons decorated with things that would betray their identity. It made sense, but then again it just went to show the perspective given one’s position in society. Sousuke never considered himself a proper assassin, but he did do things in secret. He thought about it a bit more, and it did make sense considering his secret war with the Daimyo and the slave trade. Sousuke appreciated the logic to it. “Children. They’re perhaps why the reason we fight hardest. We fight for them so that they don’t have to.” Sousuke spoke lowly but audibly. He looked over to Tama at this point. “Unfortunately for some of us, some fathers don’t share that sentiment.” Tama’s father was a man who cared for his own progress, his own power, and did not care for others. It concerned Sousuke that at times that Tama could grow up to be his father if not kept in check. It was the hope of the Steward that Otami would keep Tama from turning into his father. Sousuke did not have to worry about that so much with Toushin. The assassin cared for his child, and doing what he was presently doing was a good sign of that.

Sousuke knew that Toushin had been pushing himself in all of this. The cancer was all consuming, but it would seem that the man had his ways around it as best he could. Suffice it to say the assassin was becoming more and more like Sousuke given these augmented limbs. The difference? Sosuke was playing that he had flesh, Toushin did not have to. Toushin did not have to be careful about smiling too broadly and causing a tear in a flesh suit. “I will do this thing for you. I trust that I don’t have to worry about my work falling into the hands of the enemy. People have still been trying to figure out the mystery of Takahashi Fire-Forged Steel. They have not succeeded, but more importantly it is my desire that such weaponry does not fall into the wrong hands.” He added. There was no malice or contempt held in the voice of the Steward, but it was a strong understanding that these things he said would hold power and import to even a dying man, and in time even his daughter.

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The scientist’s shoulders twitched ever so slightly at the remark. The madman’s eyes were absolutely focused as hard as they could be on the piece of machinery set before him. What Sousuke held in worry was closer to the truth than even Tama wanted to admit to. Given his normal fits of fancy, the doctor had often wondered himself if the madness that had possessed his father be hereditary. Tengokai’s history was mired in his wife’s retelling of the story in the attempt to turn it into a lesson of hubris for their child, as in his exploration of the land had revealed a number of untruths to the tale, only giving further rise to his suspicions. She had often claimed it was because of the sword, the fiendish treasure that forced the man into the murderous creature he became, but was it? His father had all but decimated his family during the journey to find the sword, took no care to the clan that was dying from the harsh wilderness, and did everything in his power to obtain his goal; how was it any different from Tama’s own process of scientific study? Thankfully a lot of these troubling thoughts came to rest once he was confronted with a child of his rearing he could not deny. Out of all the experimental projects he had preformed on people to create, reform, and destroy, Otami was the only one who could point and say, “Yes, this is my father.” Their personalities and features were too close to deny otherwise, unlike Michino who is way too pure to be a child of Tama. The scientist’s daughter, on the other hand, had become slightly notorious with the law and understanding the rules that kept civilization in check. The realization and continuing reminder that she was, in fact, his spawn, formed a connection between the two that turned the raving, vainglorious, petty, hateful mad scientist into the sweetest man you’d ever see when they were in the same room; a truly baffling sight to behold.

As the scientist mired himself deeper into work without a reply to the Takahashi, Uzu quickly considered Sousuke’s wish. It seemed to be a full conflict of interest to be making a pair of swords for a man who often went on missions to die, to ask that he not let them fall into the wrong hands. Yet even as the sarcastic though arose, a hundred replies formed in his mind, and Toushin knew it wasn’t an impossible request. So why ask it? The paranoia creeping slowly in the back of his skull was quickly crushed with respect, as the only answer the assassin could come up that wasn't mired in poison was that his age-old opponent had no wish to see him die. It was almost touching but, considering their age, Toushin was probably one of the few remaining people still alive from all the battles above and below that could recall his rule. A fiery young man had recently taken the mantle of Kazekage in the previous absence of their original leader, but the old assassin could still clearly recall the iron justice and sacrifice that was the Steward’s reign. So, a smile gently crossed the old killer’s face as he held the hand out that had just been measured to be shaken,
Yes, I can agree to that. I can think of at least two Ninjutsu Seals that would ferry the weapon away back to the right hands, at the very least,”
I can count five,” Tama quipped for just a moment.
…but I assure that they won’t fall from my grasp so easily. These arms the idiot back there made actually have a really good grip, and I’m really hard to kill if nothing else. You have my promises, these weapons will only ever be used by the hands of Sunans’.”

[MFT]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Tama commented that he knew a few ways more how to get rid of the weaponry should the worst occur. “I know you can count five, and on the fly invent another four ways in your sleep.” Sousuke spoke. Whether or not Tama would take his words as a compliment or a back handed one at that was another thing coming. Given the fact that Tama was drinking earlier, Sousuke hoped that Tama would take his words as a compliment. Toushin spoke of how the arms Tama had made for him had a good grip. “Good grip you say? Good job Tama. Sometime in the hopeful not too distant future you’ll be able to be what I was back in my youth?” For a fleeting moment if Tama bothered to look over at Sousuke he would in fact find that there was a grin upon Sousuke’s face. For all of the history and what ills it had, Sousuke did still continue to wish to see that Tama grow as a craftsmen and an inventor. Sousuke still had fond memories of that day he met Tama when he was a boy and the two discussed creating a hovering vehicle. Time was a funny thing when it came to Tama who seemed to phase back and forth through time. Regardless still Tama had a ways to go.

Sousuke would gather the final bits of data he needed. “I’ve got what I need now. I’ll be on my way now. I should have your order done in three days without sleep but accounting for other duties that I still have to fulfill. Not sleeping helps quite a bit given my circumstances.” He spoke cryptically. Tama knew full well of what was going on, but did Toushin know? Who knew. Sousuke would know in due time, but the Toushin did have a network of his own. While a game of cat and mouse between the two would indeed be fun like in the old days, Sousuke had more important things to do with his time. “Give Chiyo my regards Toushin.” He spoke as he bid his farewell, “And Tama… avoid my household at late night. The word slipped about your ability to will alcohol into existence. You know who will be after you… and I still think that you would like to avoid her at any cost.” With that that the Steward would leave very much the way he did. Casually and without concern, suffice it to say Toushin had the Steward’s trust. Would he misplace it? No. Tama on the other hand? It was inevitability, sadly.

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
It only took a full week’s worth of hours for Sousuke to create and deliver the weapon to Toushin, and they were the most beautiful weapons he had ever laid his eyes on. The blades had an unnatural polish to them, and liquid beaded up whenever it came near the gleam. When he tested the edge through a simple log of wood, it felt it could cut down to the very molecule, and the wood where the blade struck was unusually heated. The handle was wrapped in black and the wooden sheathes that just barely held the edges back were incredibly non-decrepit. The pair looked like any other swords until they were revealed.
The weapons got their use too. Twelve missions in a row, all successful, and the swords looked as brand new as the day they were delivered despite now having swallowed the souls of some twenty men and countless Unbent. The months that followed after, though, were strange to say the very least. The assassin lost his left robotic arm, regrew a flesh one, and was eventually cured of his cancer shortly after. The day that came about, Toushin announced his retirement from official service and a shuffled the cards until he was dealt a swank office and a job redacting ANBU reports. Yet despite this supposed retirement from official duties, the assassin continued to work whenever the government needed a man who could solve problems that were becoming too expensive to ignore; and his swords ever remained on his back. The gifts bestowed upon him by the Takahashi clan would never be forgotten and a bond of loyalty between the two families that had once been at each other’s throats was formed.

So much so, in fact, that Toushin and Sousuke truly started to become really good friends. They would occasionally meet up and discuss work, politics, and the current war effort while Toushin had a double of whiskey. Before the conversation would even reach the war effort the two fathers would find themselves discussing family, children, while swapping stories of their heirs’ shenanigans. Tama, ever watching from afar as usual, couldn’t help but feel a bit of jealousy before being wracked with guilt.
The words the Steward left him before crafting his old rival a weapon really stuck with the scientist. Memories of what he had inspired to be before Mikaboshi forced his soul on this track had lately begun to plague the Hybrid. He could only question what kind of man he would have become had he just denied the soul being offered and risked death instead while waiting for proper medical attention. Would he have survived, and if so, would any of his loved ones continue suffering in his presence as they did now? He had created once an eye for Sousuke, arms for Uzu, and a myraid of other inventions wrought from metal and genius that had changed the lives of a handful of Sunans. The questions now continued to bothered him as he slowly passed on his knowledge to Toushin’s daughter; always considering what would be next for himself.

Perhaps it was time to start working on a ship. The Kami knew he had enough money now.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back