Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Walk on Water [Class]

Kuru Naohiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riku watched the group after the one student explained what was happening, Tsukada, the sennin called him.

“Can’t be too hard,” Riku said with a smile, looking towards Tsukada, “Those two did it.”

How do you get chakra into your feet, Riku thought as he walked up to the water’s edge, testing the water with a single foot, watching it instantly sink, it was cold.

After he pulled the foot out of the water, he looked back at the pair that had already succeeded. Their feet balancing on the water surface, they were keeping a balance to their chakra output, Tsukada said. Riku still had to figure out how to get the chakra to his feet in the first place.

With a deep breath, Riku focused on his feet, trying to will chakra or anything to them. After what felt like almost a minute of just staring at his feet, he felt a tingle. If he’d learned anything, it was to seize a chance.

Riku quickly moved to place his foot on the water surface, feeling some resistance, just a smidge but it was enough to risk it. He leaped at the water, relying on the foot already in place to give him some stability. It did no such thing.

The water pushed at Riku’s foot, wanting to buck and push him. He remembered the other two and how they kept their balance. He leaped to his next foot, abandoning the shaky platform, before realising his chakra had only gone to one foot, the force of his foot hitting the water when he wasn’t prepared flung him face first into the water.

How can anything be this cold, Riku thought to himself, rolling onto his back as he floated on the water surface, spitting the water he’d caught in his mouth up into the air.

“Harder than it looks. He commented.

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Through sheer determination the initial trio was beginning to grasp a basic understanding of crossing over the waters surface through various imagery. Contently the Medical Sennin nods her head, crossing over to the newest member, Hideki Riku, "Hideki-kun, this might not be so difficult if you were able to properly attend the class at the designated time." Mikasa comments in a melodic tone, not truly upset at the notion - enthralled with an additional student taking the pleasure of joining them. Extending her hand outwards to the forest green eyed lad, hoisting him upright to stand upon the ponds surface once more.

Suddenly, the maiden releases her clutches on the youngster, he would either stay buoyant or sink directly beside the Leaf superior. The azure hair lad was adorable, beginning to waddle across the water as if she were the mother duck beckoning her children to pursue. Tenderly the flat of her palm rests on the silky locks of the young man, ruffling them to and fro, "You are doing fantastic, Shimizu-kun, eventually you will be able to move a bit faster. Practices makes perfect!" she chirps, turning her attention to the opposing Kaito, "Sen-kun is a good example of also not giving in. Despite falling into the waters he managed to come out on top. Half the battle is mental." the medical kunoichi advises.

Crossing towards Sato, the gloved palm rests on his shoulder, "Tsukada-kun, excellent rendition of what you were explained. Please make sure to teach your fellow classmates what you learned, I am sure it will only help you in the future. Chakra control is extremely important in the shinobi world." she explains with a sheepish grin, pivoting about to gesture towards the waters edge, "You three are dismissed or may remain behind practicing. I will be staying behind with Hideki-kun so that he can experience the full lesson." another momentarily lapse in time, "Isn't that correct, Hideki-kun?" she inquires with a mere tilting of her head, followed by a chuckle.

On the bank the blankets and vibrantly steamy beverages awaited those who finished.

Hideki Riku, random dice roll!
1. Sink.
2. Baby Steps.
3. Floating in Place.

Everyone else, you have my thanks for attending the class topic. Please link this thread in your training to receive an additional 35 stat points and 750 Yen. Feel free to linger behind, you don't have to leave the topic unless you wish! I will be hosting another class in the near future.

Tsukada Sato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sato let himself look up from his own feet when he felt a gentle hand on his shoulder, a surge of heat rushing to his face a moment later as Tsukasa-sensei praised him for doing a good job explaining himself and ensuring him with making sure the other students understood the method. This was something very important after all. He could only nod to answer her, half afraid if he split his attention too much he'd sink in -- not to mention the beautiful senin had him tongue tied as it was.

Despite this he wasn't the happiest with his work so far. He hadn't managed to properly reproduce Tsukasa-sensei's technique. His ankles were still soaked and cold after all. He took a few minutes to tentatively step around, applying just a bit more chakra every time and like going up a very tiny set of stairs each movement brought his feet closer to the water's surface. Eventually he found himself stepping on top, his sandals not sinking below the surface any more than that. After a few steps where it stayed that way he grinned and almost looked ready to cheer, carefully but eagerly prancing around the water now. He saved the celebration proper for when he got to the edge of the water and stepped onto dry land, throwing his fists up in the air and shouting, "I did it!"

He wasn't soaked like some students but he did stop to grab a towel and take care of his poor, drenched feet, drying off his shoes as well before he started to eye up the beverages that sensei left. It felt childish to accept a treat like that for a job well done but he still took a cup and sat down with it, sipping it with a forced look of seriousness on his face as he tried to not let it show how pleased he was with himself. He'd done it. Another step closer to matching her...

[ Topic left ]

Sen Kaito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Kaito was happy that he did it at last and walked on water for the first time in his life ”it...it feels like I am flying” said Kaito happily he then tried moving a little bit faster until he could walk on water as if he was walking on the street he was so afraid of falling again though so he kept walking carefully

When he finished his training he went out of the water slowly and carefully as not to fall he took the towel and he cleaned himself from all the water on his shoes and on his clothes from when he fell earlier he stayed a little bit to see how the others student do, most of them succeeded except the late comer

The sensei then dismissed them “ok thank you for train us Tsukasa-Sensei,I hope we meet again ” said Kaito ”I hope I see you guys again soon” said Kaito to the other Kaito,Tsukada and the late comer excitedly while leaving the academy

[OOC:left topic]​

Shimizu Kaito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaito's cheeks reddened as Tsukasa-sensei ruffled his blue hair. His mouth was wide open in surprise from the sudden action but it slowly curled into a smile as he took in his sensei's praise. He scratched his cheek and chuckled, "Hehe, Thank you sensei!"

He looked upon his sensei with wide eyes when she declared that they were dismissed. He looked down on the water's surface and admired his own reflection. "Sensei..." He had stars in his eyes. "I'll practice this and master it. I promise!" He bowed while standing on the water's surface and finally declared, "Thank you again Tsukasa-sensei!" He turned around and waddled his way through the pond.

He stopped when he stepped on solid ground and glanced at the last student who was late for their water-walking training. "Good luck on training... ugh...?" he frowned, trying to remember his name. "Ah! Hideko-san!" He remembered the name Tsukasa-sensei said when she called over the white-haired boy earlier.

After bidding farewell, he sprinted outside of the school grounds, ready for another training session at his house.

[Topic Left]

Kuru Naohiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riku gave a sigh of relief when the sennin pulled him up from the water, a chill down his spine from teeth chattering cold water. He looked down at his feet when he rose, trying to figure out how the balance worked. When he was fully up, he looked towards the sennin, giving a smile,

"Than-" Riku cut short.

The sennin had let go of his hand! He felt the effects instantly as his feet seemed of suddenly gone from standing on stone to a pile of worms, very riled up worms. His balance went shaky and his eyes were already trying to close, accepting his fate to the icy waters again. Riku struggled against the fall, trying to desperately force chakra to his feet, his eyes darting between the students as they crossed his path, already being dismissed ... he couldn't be the odd one out in this. He gritted his teeth as he tried forcing the tingle from before into his feet, the worm like feeling being to jostle, wanting to knock him down. He kept in this state for what felt like minutes, but was merely seconds, trying to balance himself out as the water threatened to consume him for every mistake, till at last he found some form of balance.

Riku opened his eyes, looking downward to see his feet still on the water. The water wasn't like some stone, not like the sennins, it was like standing on a fraying fabric; holding you up, but would tear apart if you pushed. As his senses returned from clenching up, he heard one of the students giving him encouragement as he left, he gave a smile at that one. With a deep breath, he took the next step on the water, his eyes readying to close, fearing for another nose dive into the water. When his foot didn't sink, he almost made the mistake of jumping for joy, he kept his feet at this balance. He slowly kept moving forward, not wanting to lose the feeling.

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With the remainder of the group departing, the Medical Sennin solely focuses on Hideki Riku. In truth he was fairing fairly well with instructions from a fellow classmate, managing to wobble about as if a new born. Delicately her form elegantly waltz on the glass surface, halting within close proximity, her digits weaving between his - a firm gasp is taken on his hand. Playfully she hold them towards herself, acting as a guide and balance beam in case the young man were to lose his footing. "As ironic as it sounds, I feel you are concentrating far too much." Mikasa begins in a faint tone, "Focus on me, continue to walk towards me." the medical kunoichi instructs.

Each step the young man would tread across the water would the Konoha superior take one step further away; still holding his hands outwards. Fortunately there wouldn't be any additional student body around to observe the oddity, yet she wouldn't have minded the attraction. "Tell me, Hideki-kun, what are you ambitions and goals as a shinobi?" she inquires with a strong hint of curiosity, the maiden tilting her head ever so slightly to stare down on the youngster; although Mikasa was fairy petite in stature.

Most responded with outlandish claims, yet with this particular new batch of students most were fairly modest in their endeavors. Drifting away in thought, unconsciously the Sennin speeds up her pace, forcing the youngster to keep in toe, "If I could go back in time, I'm sure the me of then is drastically different than who I am today. I once longed to be a useful kunoichi for my brother, nothing more." the woman shares with the lad, a thin grin snakes its way on her features. An entirely different outcome than planned, or so Mikasa assumes.

<i>​
</i>

Kuru Naohiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Riku was led along, he tried to follow the sennin’s advice, as awkward as they sounded. How was he to concentrate less and achieve better results, he wondered, his eyes focusing on his feet as he moved little by little. He tried to loosen his thoughts on maintaining the chakra, though it felt as though his mind resisted his acts, not wanting to risk another fall into the water.

As the sennin continued to speak to Riku through the walk, he began to ponder the question posed by her. What did he want as a shinobi? He supposed that most students should probably know the answer to that question, yet he ran blank on it. The thoughts making his eyes drift towards the sky in contemplation, did he want the freedom a shinobi can achieve? Did he want the power a shinobi possesses? Maybe he just doesn’t know, plain and simple. The concept forced him to smile, he really seemed to be in a position he didn’t quite understand the meaning of.

“What do I want as a shinobi,” Riku repeated, a grin on his face, “I want to ... find the shinobi way. When I find it, I’ll use everything that I can to walk down it. Then I can call myself a true shinobi.”

That seemed a satisfactory answer he thought to himself, his duty as a shinobi was to figure out what his duty was. The idea seemed a joke, though it was probably the sincerest answer he could come up with, that was probably what made it funnier. His mind eventually came back to focus as he realised,

He had stopped over concentrating.

The conversation had distracted him just enough, his mind hadn’t focused on specific aspects and micromanaging his chakra and because of it, his body and mind could simply … work. He stared down at his feet again, though the action made his mind already wish to sharpen again on his feet, wanting to continue managing what he did. Riku repelled it, looking back towards the sennin and continuing the conversation, he just had to keep distracted.

“When I become a true shinobi,” Riku continued, “Then … I can help! I can be the one to protect people, to stop evil and let the world be what it’s meant to be. It’ll prove that you don’t need to be part of the clans, or be some prodigy who gets everything perfect without even trying … if someone like me can become a true shinobi, then it’d prove anyone could.”

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Admirable, the initial thought the Medical Sennin hold sin regards to Hideki Riku; Mikasa personally found those without goals at an academy age more realistic than outlandish claims. "There are many ways to aid those as a shinobi, through any particular branch your path leads you down." a momentary pause ensues, "Despite leading the Medical Branch, I choose to dedicate my free time to the academy to aid those such as yourself." a warm grin plasters on her features. Dismissing the notion as swiftly as it had arrived, the maiden's attention refocuses on the youngster as she leads him towards the emerald turf at the ponds edge.

Gently her heel makes contact with solid ground, hopping backwards to reveal the academy student had conquered the initial steps and possible to maintain a balance of chakra without overthinking his actions. "I agree, being part of a clan doesn't decide any importance, I for one belong to none and I still managed to achieve the rank of Sennin." extending her fingertips outwards, they brush playfully against the bridge of Riku's nose, "If I was able to do so, I have no doubt you are capable of doing the same if not better." Releasing her opposing hand from his own, the Konoha superior claps her hands daintily, "Congratulations, you have a beginning understanding! Try to not always concentrate on a task on a level that distracts you from the task itself."

Pivoting about her platinum mane swirls about her, "I will be taking my leave, I have another lesson I must attend to. Continue to practice, I ensure you that if you halt your progression at this point that you will be highly disappointed." Waving gingerly over her shoulder she marches forward with a pep in her step. The final blanket and oddly warm cup of hot tea remaining for him to indulge with.

[OOC: Post your exit post and you are all set! Please link this back to your training to gain an additional 35 Points and 750 Yen! Topic Left]​
<i>​
</i>

Kuru Naohiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riku gave a grin as the sennin made her leave, he’d managed to complete the lesson, with only a faint chill as payment. The reminder of his chill made him take notice anew of the enticing curls of steam coming from a cup resting upon a blanket. The student walked his way towards them, talking to himself as he walked to keep distracted.

“So close … a few more steps and I get a drink,” Riku muttered to himself, “I keep it up like this, I won’t get wet … don’t get wet, just don’t get wet.”

When his slow walk finally placed him on solid ground, in reach of the almost irresistible unison of warmth. His walk went into a sprint when he dived upon them, grabbing hold of the cup that appeared to have tea within, as much as he tried to contain himself, Riku noticed a hint of drool from his mouth. Riku tossed the blanket over his shoulders and huddled nearby the pond for a time, sipping on his tea.

“I guess I can become a shinobi,” Riku said, looking at the waters, “You know … maybe this place isn’t so bad.”

After what felt like an hour of resting nearby the pond, Riku looked up at the sky realising the sun was almost halfway through its course. His realisation sunk in as he began to rise back to his feet.

He had another class on today.

With the blanket on his shoulders and the cup of tea in his hands, Riku took off sprinting towards the academy, shouting up at the sky in lament. He was going to be late again …

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back