Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Welcome Home Zaku-san! [Private]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu heard Shin's take on the mercenary and rogue shinobi issue, claiming that it took too long to determine true motive of the unknown shinobi. Once they were allowed in, their true motive could be realized much the same as Mana's was. Much the same as even Hoshikata's was. Shin wasn't wrong about that. Anybody could make up a reason for visiting, it didn't have to be true. Ayumu sighed, he wasn't particularly fond of where this conversation was heading but it seemed like it might be necessary. Shin suggested making an outpost for visitors to remain in while they were validated before allowing them inside. He asked if Ayumu would be interested in committing ANBU personnel to the endeavor. Truthfully, somewhere where visitors could wait while it was determined whether or not they should be let in wasn't a bad idea. It was always a bit awkward to have them stand outside the gates like lost children.

"My question would be how do we actually determine their true motive? Sure we could interrogate them, but I don't think anybody is going to want to come anyway if we do that..." he said in response, thinking back to the recent incident with the Konoha rogue. To be fair, he had brought that on himself by attacking the shinobi at the gates. Hikari, also with the Konoha rogue fresh in mind, wondered what it must be like to lose one's home. She also wasn't satisfied with Shin's idea of an outpost. As she spoke, Ayumu could tell where she was headed with her line of thinking. It had been on his mind since his dealing with Mana, but it wasn't a route he was particularly thrilled to explore. She suggested that the village close its gates to all but its own shinobi and those from other true villages. She returned to what Ayumu said, about the unaffiliated shinobi being loyal to themselves alone, suggesting that they do so somewhere else. This was a growing mentality in ANBU, Ayumu was aware, and he had no doubt that the thought was becoming more popular in other branches too.

"It certainly has cost the lives of our people... I hate to be so strict as to bar entrance to those with no other home, but there is an undeniable risk to letting them inside. Perhaps that is what is needed to keep Kumogakure safe. I am all for allowing the shinobi that lost their home to apply to become shinobi of Kumogakure through some rigorous process, for they lost their home through no fault of their own and could be an asset to us, but perhaps otherwise we should have all others remain on the outside. They won't like it, but we're not in our positions to make the popular decisions... especially not for people who are not our own," Ayumu responded, cautiously suggesting that perhaps Hikari's notion was not wrong. Perhaps it was possible that the prospect of being forced out would give those mercenaries a push in the direction of committing to Kumogakure as their new village.

"Of course, we would have to ask those already in the village to leave. Awwwkward...." Ayumu mentioned, in case the thought hadn't crossed the other two's mind. He was curious how Shin would feel about the idea Hikari proposed. It might not be the nice thing to do, but it could be the safer thing for their village. It was certainly worthy of consideration. He wondered, if they did take this route, if they would face any trouble from the shinobi already present when they were asked to pledge their loyalty or leave. He also wondered if the two present were even open to the idea of those shinobi joining Cloud. It seemed a waste to Ayumu to force them to leave with their skills if they were interested in becoming shinobi for Cloud.

[MFT]
[OoC: Hikari, I don't know if you noticed but you left like 4 paragraphs of my post in your post XD I know you usually just copy the dialog.]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari gave her response. She dabbled on the known fact that the village was always notified when a visitor reached their gates and for them to consider creating a new check point would be utterly pointless and unnecessary. There was some valid truth to that but there was no harm in adding another layer of security whether it be an external outpost or something else entirely. Instead of an outpost, Hikari suggested the village pursue a tight isolation policy in which the village would only permit individuals to enter the village only if they carried a valid passport. The village should focus more on stabilizing itself rather than being overly concern with the outside world. There was a saying that a man must cleaned his own house before he cleans his brother's.

"While I still believe the passport system is inefficient, we could very well propose an isolation policy until we are stable. Fortunately, we have very few allies across this country with the exception of Marsh. It would be very easy to catalog those that are not within our ranks compared the mass exodus of Konoha and Kirigakure."

"My question would be how do we actually determine their true motive? Sure we could interrogate them, but I don't think anybody is going to want to come anyway if we do that..." Ayumu said thinking back at the recent events. It certainly has cost the lives of our people... I hate to be so strict as to bar entrance to those with no other home, but there is an undeniable risk to letting them inside. Perhaps that is what is needed to keep Kumogakure safe. I am all for allowing the shinobi that lost their home to apply to become shinobi of Kumogakure through some rigorous process, for they lost their home through no fault of their own and could be an asset to us, but perhaps otherwise we should have all others remain on the outside. They won't like it, but we're not in our positions to make the popular decisions... especially not for people who are not our own."

Ayumu paused for a moment before jocularly stating the obvious. "Of course, we would have to ask those already in the village to leave. Awwwkward...."

"Yes that is a clear point; however, we can trust the civilians and shinobi that Masa, the most recent mizukage, have vouched for. In fact, most of them have filled paper work to assimilate themselves into our shinobi corps. For the rest of them we can ease the transition by allow them to remain in the country by providing them housing farther away but close enough for us to keep watch. Anyone else who enters the village who is not a current at this this point would be consider a hostile and a threat to the village. I suggest we enact this by the end of this week. I will reach out to Chancellor Ami to provide us adequate housing. Agreed?" Shin concluding hoping that his words would bring the two into a compromise.

[Sorry for the late response I know you guys want to get out of here]

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari smirked at Ayumu's jest, and continued listening to Shin. She nodded to his assessment of the people vouched for by the most recent Mizukage. "Actually I was thinking about housing already and I believe we have adequate room for around... twenty to thirty- give or take a few- in a barracks building meant for Jounin. As now most Genin and higher find their own housing after graduation, leaving the quarters provided for them by the village. These buildings- which are stationed throughout the city- that being the fly in the proverbial pudding- would seem to be the perfect places to station these men and women while we evaluate the question of whether or not they can be trusted and whether they should be offered a place in our village."

"Also, as Sennin of Main Branch, I'm assuming it'll fall to me to place most of these people. I'd like to state now that regardless of talent and ability, these people- in my eyes- will not be evaluated at over Genin rank to start. They will have to take a nameless rank and work their way up like any of our Cloud Shinobi. We may also wish to put a cap on the rank available to them. For example, I would never be okay with having a foreign trained nin become Sennin of any branch." She said calmly.

"If you wish, by all means still reach out to the Chancellor. Give her my best." Hikari nodded.

[Sorry for the delay. The time flies when you're not paying attention. For some reason I thought it was Ayumu's turn.]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu listened as Shin spoke of shinobi already applying to join the village. He also spoke of keeping the foreigners outside the village, but close b. He seemed committed to the idea of restricting entrance to the village to those of the kind that turned out like Mana had. Hikari came up with the idea of re-purposing old Jounin barracks to allow foreigners to inhabit them while it was determined whether or not they would be allowed to join the village's ranks. She made her intention clear as to having any foreigners that joined the village enter as Genin equivalents. Ayumu knew that many would find this unfair, as they had likely been much higher ranks in their previous villages, but it was simply a matter of trust. They could not give them the same level of access as a Jounin would have right off the bat. Hikari also believed firmly that none should ever reach the rank of Sennin.

"Perhaps, but I think it's fine to not necessarily set such a cap in stone. Sennin are chosen by previous Sennin or leadership, it's not like they could obtain such a station unless we decided it, anyway. If, by some miracle, one of them was just God's gift to Kumogakure and became someone we could trust, I wouldn't want the option to be completely off-limits... unlikely as that is. It seems unfair to cap their potential for life, even if they earn trust and respect. But I don't disagree with treating them with more scrutiny for the time being until they have earned it. But anyway, I'm fine with what we've discussed so far and I would like to implement it as soon as possible, as you said Raikage-sama," Ayumu said, verifying his agreement with what they had spoken of so far, for the most part.

"Is there anything else?" he asked. Hopefully, they had reached the end of their discussion. It had been a long meeting, and there were things to do.

[MFT]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Agreed" Shin said concurring with the words of the ANBU sennin. "Don't forget that Shinbatsu-sama was man not originally from our lands and became a man that is revered by many. This is not to say that is easy to accept a foreigner being a sennin let alone kage." Shin said as his gray eyes peered into the young sennin.

Shin cleared his throat as he continued. "Let us utilize the barracks for the time being until I can find clearance from Chancellor Ami. Once the village is stabilize I will consider sending couriers to help sanction the kage summit to the other nations. Perhaps, Haruka as spymaster would be interested in this venture?" Shin said with accentuating his last remark clearly toward Hikari.

"There is nothing else to be added at the moment, Ayumu. Unless there no other questions you are free to go." Shin said.

[Leaving Topic after Hikari and Ayumu]

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari listened to Ayumu's objection and, though hesitant, nodded, "There are many gods," She said in response, "We should be wary of their gifts, as not all of them are looking out for our best interests. Shinbatsu sama was before my time, Hayata sama. I did not know him or his policies. I do know that I would be very uncomfortable with any foreigner reaching for Sennin or above, but I will agree with what you have said, accepting your experience as wisdom, Hayata sama." She bowed, "I'll hire someone to clear out the barracks. Maybe make it into an exercise for the Academy... Oh. I have couriers under my command, Hayata sama. While they do not currently have a leader, I would be open to receiving suggestions on who to promote. As for Haruka..." She sighed, "Shima san has responsibilities of her own... And you have just sent her on a mission that could last some time. I will think on who best to send and submit a list of recommendations for the role. Perhaps my Veteran Sennin- Nara Ryuujin? I will think more on the subject."

[topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back