Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Welcome to the Snake Den

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
tumblr_lti8l820NC1qhyte9o1_500.gif

One of the worst places in the village: The Black Bazaar. It was one of the localities that was the least damaged by the Cabal's brutal attacks although to a non-resident it would look like a ruined series of city blocks destroyed in a riot. Back-alleyways boast secret dealings ranging from forbidden trysts to clan secrets and scrolls. Charlatans and thieves rule the day but by night even more aggressive fiends find their way out of the woodwork. Only the poorest and the most dire can be found here, often those without means the victims of other destitute and desperate folk. Still, there were a few places in the Black Bazaar that were frequented by the middle-class shinobi folk, one the them being the Snake Den bar, not known for its ambiance or its food or even its waitstaff, the bar was still a place where common thugs gathered and drank elbow to elbow with shinobi of various ranks.

This bar was found in one of the most criminally dense portions of Sunagakure. The barkeep was a woman most people called Sobo. A tough old broad who did not take any shit, not even from ANBU. She kept order by barking at her recently hired bouncer, a Chuunin named Jun that she procured after coming into some money after a ANBU damaged her establishment seeking answers to questions she did not know how to answer or simply refused to. The floor was badly marred and it looked like the broken tables and chairs were repaired by one of the regular drunks considering how uneven the boards were on one particular portion of the floor and how several of the chairs now teetered when you sat in them.

Sobo wore traditional garb and far too much make-up on for a woman her age, it seemed to cake at the creases but it would not be in everyone's best interest to ever notify her of this fact. To her she still looked like a ravishing girl in her twenties that stayed thin by chain smoking. A lit cancer stick could always be seen hanging from her mouth. Today she wore a simple grey kimono with a thick sand colored obi tied around her waist. Her thin lips were painted a bright red and a line of navy shadow covered her lids. She seemed distracted as she made a customer a drink, she had a bad feeling about today. Like when a mother knows her child is in danger, she wondered what peril awaited her precious bar.

Sobo slid something fruity down the bar to the woman on the end. She was not a regular, some tall leggy blonde dressed in all white. This was her second drink in almost three hours, she was nursing the barely alcoholic beverage as she watched the men in the back play cards. There were a few who took the stool next to her throughout the evening, she ignored them for their tenure which was equivalent to three bottles of cheap beer. Sobo assumed she was a card shark, circling the pool. It was pay day for most of these men and before they got home to their wives or mistresses they squandered a majority of their earnings here with the unspoken and rarely proven assumption that they would find lady luck on their side.

As if on cue when the pool slid across the table to one lucky recipient, this being the fifth hand he had won this evening but each with a disproportionately large pot. It was obvious that said winner of this hand was the night's overall victor. With an almost humble yet still confident smile Shiori grabbed one of the many broken chairs in the establishment and asked "mind if I join?" She quietly pulled out a sack of coins, most of them silver and some of them gold. It was not yen but rather a foreign currency, she plunked the coin purse on the table regardless, "what is the buy in?"

OC: Open topic, all free to join. Roku, if you stumble into this topic this is the same bar that you were in a few months ago and that barkeep will expect a picture of Kuro. She wants to see his sexy face every day she does to work.

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The night is not yet done for the two strangers, not just yet. Though the guardian seems decided in his way, his nerve unravels nearly every other step. His thoughs attempt to approximate the possible outcomes of the telling of the very recent past. In his mind, there are more undesired ending then lighthearted results, for many of them end with the two Country of Fire natives being force to separate. To a normal man, the decision is clear, speak not of the gangster,... nor of the woman. But Shoma, he has a code to follow, to demonstrate to those that look upon his actions, but two eyes are all that matter in the respect. This code did not teach him to shy away from the act of justice, yes, even if justice points its sword to one's self. Yet, still an innocent had fallen whilst in an involvement with him. Should there not be justice for her in her land's laws?

These things seem too much for him to handle, at least not yet. Ava clenches the hand of the swordsman, bracing herself from the view that has assaulted her eyes. Never before has she seen those who have recently expired. Though it was a day that was assured to come, who could know when to prepare and still one's self for it? Neither were ready for what had happen, nor are ready for needs to happen. A pause is in order. Along the way to the dojo, or at least in the direct that they thought it should be, a bar is spotted. Being that it is a place frequently open to the public at night, Shoma decides to rest there and collect him.

It is unknown to the two are permitted to enter, or perhaps they have yet to be expelled, but they do. The place seems one of low upkeep, of low class civilians, suitable for tonight's trials as to two wish to stay low. Before touching a table, they both occupy a bathroom each. Shoma does what he can to slow bleeding and ease his burns a bit. Most of this involves wet or dry paper towels that are thrown to the trash. However, in their separation they answer the call of nature then meet to sit at the table closest to the restrooms with the Stone Shinobi being the last to sit. Upon sitting, the guardian tries to comfort both, "Everything will be alright,... we just need to let events settle and consider all else we do." The young Masuda doesn't seem to hold interest in the future, yet in the understanding of the past. "Shoma, I am thankful to still have you here. But,... what occurred in my absence? The street and surroundings bore the appearance of a war zone, as do you. Here, you need napkins. You still wear blood about your face and hair." The last statements are made in attempted secret.

Ava leave to retrieve wet and dry towels for guardian, and as she does, Shoma surveys the area. Many in this bar seem like locals to the foreigner, except a woman in a completely white outfit amongst card players. Shoma sees her as possibly a foreigner or celebrity, or both. With that being the only thought on the matter for now, he turns his sight back to the table and drag both of his hands down his face and waits for his companion again. High is his desire for a drink but he would wait for now.

[Matked for Training]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The game of cards went on for several hands, the woman winning more than her fair share. With a smirk she slid a rather large pot to her part of the table, causing one of the player to storm off with a look of disgust. Without a word she slid a small stack of coins into the center of the table and made a gesture with her hands that it was time to ante up. She was ignoring the lovebirds, some young girl and a bloodied larger man as she continued with her game. She could hear the grinding of teeth to her right and the other had snapped a pen in his left hand when they lost the game. Tensions were starting to run high and someone was going to get hurt, she hoped it was going to be her.

One of the men slammed the table with his fist, causing the cards and coins to fly off the table and rattle onto the floor. Shiori raised her hands in front of herself, attempting to take a non-threatening pose as she claimed that she did not want any trouble. She was smiling the whole while, it was not that she could not help it but rather the wanted to continue to piss him off. Nobody could fault her for smiling, the man looked ridiculous, his face tomato red with a bulging blood vessel to noted on the side of his neck. She beckoned him to 'chill' and play another hand but he accused her of being a 'cheat.' That she had won too many hands in a row and that she was to leave but without her winnings. He was right and he was wrong, she was not cheating in the conventional sense but rather she could tell when they were bluffing and used that to her advantage. She knew that one of the other men at the table was cheating ironically and when she saw or rather heard the card slip from his sleeve she knew it was time to duck out of that hand. This pissed off behemoth in particular was easy to read, his bounding heart would hasten and slow in cadence with his emotions and she would place her bet according to his passions.

He slammed the table a second time, hitting the edge causing the table to flip over. The barkeep yelled to the burly, angry gentleman that it was time to leave and for the woman in white to leave also. Shiori slid her winnings into a fuzzy satchel and slung it over her shoulder like a purse. She attempted to take on an indignant look as she departed the bar, making sure that she left before the man who made all of that ruckus. It was a show big enough to garner some interest, if not from the sore loser then from a would-be thief that wanted her winnings. Either was acceptable as she ambled off into the dark. To her disappointment, the resentful man who lacked a poker face let out a huff and walked in the other direction. Her bag rattled as she adjusted it over her shoulder.

She heard the approach from behind but she did not bother to turn around and flee, rather she let out a scream before a hand clasped over her mouth and a blade was leveled to her throat. She was unconcerned, even with one arm pinned to her side she had enough mobility to crush his family jewels if need be and make a break for it. She needed the dramatic moment of danger to lure a white knight fool, someone she could use deepen Sousuke's paranoia and ultimate descent into madness. She feigned a struggle as a voice whispered into her ear that it would be 'best for her health' if she relinquished her purse. The value inside was substantial but she did not care about monetary wealth, it held no allure for the woman but she refused to drop it all the same. That would end the game when he turned heel and fled.

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ava returns to the table, a few towels of paper some dry and some wet in her possession. Shoma immediately receives them, wiping at his face and again through his hair. He would not remove all of the stains from his flesh at this time but, at least he feels able to present himself a little better. After having some time to think while Ava was away, he decides it best to tell her the details only at the time he intends to speak to an authority figure. "Master Ava, it is for you protection that I tell you all has occurred... when I tell the village guards."<i></i> Ava would not instantly accept this, for she pleads, "No, nonono. Speak now guardian. I command you."<i></i> "It is not that simple and your command does not work that way."<i></i>"Secrets!? More secret?! Is it not enough that I wait and wait for your training as you continue to withhold grandfather's secrets from me. Now this!?<i></i> Shoma casts his sight downward, not ready to explain himself, nor why he could not explain himself.

To his fortune, yet misfortune, there conversation is interrupted by disagreement. The two would look to find the situation to involve cards and money. Things begin to get louder, more concerning as time passes. Yet, the bar maid request that they leave and most of them do so. Yet, while the males at the table begin their exit, Shoma reflects briefly on past and can only imagine what upset men could have designed for a lone woman. In fact, he did not have to be creative in foreseeing their intent, for much has been revealed by recent events. Shoma lefts an index finger to his Young Master, only to silently direct it upon the table. As he goes to stand, Ava grasps his wrist in at attempt to hold him there. They both know why this has happened. Ava wishes to come, but... "Master Ava, understand. I have failed once before, I could fail again. But I can not let you suffer the fate of one I have failed. Your grandfather would not forgive me."<i></i> It takes a handful of seconds but, the young Masuda woman releases her guardian.

However before he can reach for the door to escape the bar, a scream shake the attention of the swordsman from the outside. He adds greater haste to his efforts to track down the woman. She had not made it far it seems. A short distance outside of the den of beverage, the woman of unique attire is found at knife point. Shoma could not be sure if the assailant is one of whom money was win from, but the purse the blond woman carries would entice those who thirst without control for wealth, and her attire would entice those who lust without control for flesh. Shoma keeps his left hand on the his sword, stopped nearly 15 feet from them, not knowing if this man and hostage are the only danger he should be ready for. Extending his righthand toward them palm down, from a safe distance away, he lowers his position to try to calm them. "Wait. Please... No one need be hurt nor suffer this night. Shealth thy blade."<i></i>

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
She bit his hand, she was willing to tolerate and endure this indignity but she was unwilling to be silenced. He let out a yell, his hand balled into a fist he struck her in the midsection causing her to buckle over but he was far too weak to actually cause her damage. "Don't touch me, you're disgusting!" Shiori demanded as she returned to an erect posture. She could smell alcohol on his breath and his lack of access to a shower, the later made her skin crawl as he tightened a hairy arm about her waist.

"Fucking cunt," he growled into her ear, "you don't look like a shinobi so save your dammed pride for another day." He reached for the bag a second time but she refused to relinquish her grasp on the handle of her bag with a constrictor-like grip. She let out a grunt as tightened his own hold on her midsection and pushed against her throat with the bladed edge of his knife. The non-serrated blade was not particularly sharp so the flesh was not yet broken. She looked around, checking for a response. Would there be none again? She started to count down in her head.

Ten...
Nine...
Eight...
Seven...
Six...
Five...
Four...
Three...
Tw-

She was prepared to break his family jewels and ensure he sun soprano for the remainder of his days. Her hand balled into a fist, she stopped when a pool of light filtered into the street. She could hold off another moment if he passed them by like most would. She was not need to ham it up, she ha a knife to her throat and an unscrupulous man to her rear.

"Wait. Please... No one need be hurt nor suffer this night. Shealth thy blade."<i></i>

"Sheath thy blade," the would-be mugger taunted as he repeated the swordsman's statement. "Mind your own fucking business," he sneered as he sniffed the woman's hair. It caused a shiver to run down her spine and it was instinctual that she shot her head back breaking his nose. "You bitch!" He shouted through gritted teeth, a stream of blood dripped from his nares. His dull knife cut into her throat, a stream of slow-moving gritty blood sluggishly started to escape from her wound. She let out a hiss and dropped the bag onto the ground.

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This mugger, much like the others he had met, refuses to relent. It is strange to the swordsman, the fortitude of those committed to do wrong by others in this place. If not for the desire to cause another to suffer or another lessened, such convictions could be honorable, admirable. These people did not shift easily as the name-sake of this village and this terrain could imply, providing an irony of a sort to the Stone Shinobi who tries first to move Sand-dwellers with gentleness rather than with force. The thief mocks Shoma and the results of his revealing of the motives of possible carnal theft to his hostage, worsens the situation. They both would bleed by the end of their brief struggle, and the woman would discard bag.

And yet again, a life of a hostage is threatened. The Masuda-trained grows more hesitant as his previous intervention is still fresh to him. Would this woman truly be better off if Shoma would simply heed the command of the bandit, 'Mind his own -hm- business?' Given the past, Shoma would be foolish to not at least consider the thought. 'Would both the blond and the red haired woman before have been better off? Their lot might not have been good but, at least they might be alive long enough to improve it themselves. But what about master's code? Master had given much of his time to instill the code of conduct of a samurai. Yet, despite my capacity, I had been bested by six rogues... Surely,... Surely I could handle one? Yes, this can be done. No,... not because it could be done, but because it should be. It is what master would expect. Her safety is as much my business as her possessions is his business.' <i></i>

He attempts to tilt the scales in favor of the hostage. His right hand already extended, he attempts to establish a connection between weapons. His eyes would half close as he focuses his will into his sword, then attempts to link the knife of the thief to it. If he could do this, all he would need is to show some of the metal of his sword by unsheathing it, to call the thief's weapon away from his hostage slowly, if not from the grasp of its owner. He would continue to act, for though it might lead to disaster, someone would give effort to decency. As he draws his blade slowly but not fully, he pleads once more. "I only wish for her safety. Please, consider your position. Look upon my sword {hidden action}, upon my armor, upon your blade, upon your clothing. Think, rehearse this in your mind. In what way can you defend yourself, should she receive further harm, or should she fall? It would just be you and me. Know that if I can not not defend, I will avenge her. Consider how you would face me?<i></i>

[Attempting to Focus and use Magnetic Jutsu: Magnetic Control, rank 1- attempt to disarm thief of his knife/
Hidden action: Mental Kombat, Mastered with Cerebral Control- attempt to lock him physically into inaction.]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Oc: Magnetic jutsus are always good.

IC:

Desperation and a calloused heart bring men to disaster. Terrible and dishonest. They take and they force their WA through life taking what they need and on occasion also what they wanted. People are weak, self-serving creatures and there are very few monks among them. There was a sense of avarice in all of our hearts; a want to have more because it was there. Did he need the money? Yes. Did he need all of it? No. But neither did the woman in his head, an assumption that was on the mark. Still, he had and he wanted it. Surely he could have earned a fair wage through effort and sweat but poverty was often self-perpetuating, this cyclical sense of self-shame and lack of resource or even knowledge of what was available. Charity would not make a great difference in his life, she was not the first nor would she be the last woman he mugged.

The blade cut her shallowly. The blade too dull for her to have a true sense of trepidation but her heart pounded instinctively still. She would feel the blade quiver against the flesh of her neck. Was he getting cold feet? She internally wondered. The blade would pull away from her neck but she had no idea why. The blade shot out of his hand after the criminal's at was fully extended. She could hear a *ping* when the mugger's blade crashed into the swordsman's weapon. " A shinobi?" she asked aloud. She did not recognize him and due to her most recent vocation she knew most shinobis by at least reputation. Was he new? No, not possible if he had an affinity to magnetism. She was looking for a local shinobi to manipulate against the Steward, now self-proclaimed Kazekage, she could perhaps use him still. Was he one of the displaced shinobis from Kiri or Kohona looking for refuge or work? Possible.

She would not know why her captor had stopped moving, one arm clutched onto her but the other was still fully extended. She held her breath and wiggled to see his eyes which were fixed forward as if he was gazing into the abyss. She scanned the space that separated her from this would-be hero. She felt as if everyone except her was frozen in time, bemused and befuddled she could still hear the sound of night living in this dire district. Strange, she worked herself down beneath and around his arm. On the dusty ground she recovered her bag and pulled herself to her feet and took a series of cautious steps away.

Inside Shoma's illusion, the degenerate did not see this as any different from reality. Disarmed, Shoma made his final plea. "Another shinobi. Fucking Suna... Taking our jobs isn't enough for you, you gotta play policeman too." He griped, think he still had his hostage. "Tell you what, I'll split the take with you."[/color] He took an imaginary step back with an imaginary hostage.

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Ooc: It has some unique options other than bam bam, bam bam+, and bam bam harder]

He was fortunate this day. Caught off guard by something not very predictable, the thief loses his edge in more than one meaning of the term. But a blade is only one method to cause harm, because before they were and even as they are now, the hands of men can harm in abundance. The card player announces the swordsman as a Shinobi. Though this is valid title, it is mostly to do with his employer, the Shadow of the Stone as he calls him. The swordsman however prefers the term Samurai but now is not the time to correct, for she truly has something more important to think about than a stranger's title. So then follows...

The Realm of Rehearsal.
This is the name that the samurai of the Fire Country have called this meditative occurrence. This realm has been one of the key stones in shifting the fight against Shinobi to more even grounds. Among other samurai this is common place and both warriors take brief moments to ready there minds, considering themselves and their movements, their opponent and their counter movements, and the high possibility of their own death that they may make peace with it. In the past, Shinobi have used this self meditation, as it was then, to lure the samurai into vulnerable position, striking them as mediate. The under-handed yet undeniably effective battle tactics of Shinobi have forced samurai to change their concept and approach to warfare. To forcefully impose an honorable duel of the mind against a foe who lacked honor, did not dishonor the user of such a technique. This is Shoma's understanding of what he has been taught as a Samurai from those that reside in the Land of Fire.

But the purpose of this duel serves more than one purpose. With the combining of their perceptions into the mind of the mediatater, the hostage-taker would no longer be present in the realm of the... Present, unable to yet cause harm to the hostage. If she were able to discern that something were amist, she might be able to take advantage of the situation and flee, but fear can cloud perception so Shoma would not rely on this possibility alone. This is to serve as a trial of two sorts. Could Shoma free the hostage in someway? And could the thief be convinced to release the innocent.

The thief beings to lose more advantage over the situation, but only sees one lose. Therefore he offers a truce of sorts, an offering of money, but not before he again calls Shoma a shinobi. Mentally, he would rebuttal 'Samurai' immediately after hearing the word Shinobi. Still, the guardian cares little for the money offered to him, yet the offer shows that the man did not quite understand why Shoma is here.' Stress must be high on his end, but at least he is trying reason it seems,'<i></i> reasons the swordsman. Shoma slowly sets the sword, sheath, and knife, on the ground as they are only on their side. Yes, the sword still rests only partly in his sheath. He then slow moves toward the purse as if creeping, saying to the thief, "The money, you may have it all. I'll trade it for the lady's freedom without further harm."<i></i> The lady in white surely would not like such a deal, but her winnings could be had another day. She only needed to be alive to do so. And more, they were not her wages minutes ago. He reaches down to pick up the item of desire by most here.

Seizing the purse, he attempts to cautiously hand it over while extending the other hand to the woman. Could the thief honor this simple trade to spare his hostage? Or has something happened in this land to break people so? Two attempts at theft in one night. Surely something has harden and poisoned the hearts of the people here. This much the thief has eluded to.

[Marked for training]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: Bit of a shorty, but I am in so many topics with the cabal and event. =(

IC:
Illusions such as the one that would trap Shoma and the degenerate in mental combat would appear to the onlooker as a momentary haze over their eyes as no actual time would pass. If it had, the continued life and actions of those around the combatants would rouse them from their trance-like state. To Shiori, or rather Rioshi she would only see a man paused for the briefest of moments as time in the mind moves at its own pace independent of the world around it.

Inside the illusion. Everything appeared the same. The same bar, the same dirty street. Even the stink of cheap booze and stale air that seemed to permeate this subterranean lower-class region was replicated. The woman, while fake appeared the same. Had the same sweet scent and the same lack of warmth her body seemed to offer. She was nothing more than a prop here of course, this epoch of time that could not be measured. He gripped her tightly, this false image as Shoma set down his weapons, or at least the knife and the sheath. He tensed as the young man neared, "back off!" He snapped, agitated. Shoma would recover the sum from the ground. It seemed real enough, the heft and the clink of coins. A rumbling could be heard in the depths of the criminal's throat as Shoma did this.

"The money, you may have it all. I'll trade it for the lady's freedom without further harm."

He offered, the sum of the woman's winnings in one hand and his hand outstretched towards the other. Being that she was an illusion, she would react in whatever way the caster imagined. Still, as the criminal reached for the bag, he would have to relinquish his hold on the woman and in doing so he would immediately start to back away before he would turn on his heel stumbling as he did so and attempt to flee.

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Ooc: No worries, I know you have a double shift worth of work on NC. Soooooo imaginary Shiori will do anything I want her too? Oow-la-la. ]

The Thief agrees to the trade, the woman's items and the release of the woman unharmed. As for the lady in white,... those whom have their head in the clouds could see an immediate future of a grateful woman, displaying affectionate gratitude as the night sky begins to fall on the pair suddenly. Those more hopeful in lust or perhaps honest longing could or would see a night with her. Not so with the swordsman, for he remains as honest with himself as he can be. Knowing that the item that he is now handing over to thief is the same bag that she fought an armed man for, Shoma understands that there would be great displeasure in this. A look of complaint covers her face as she attempts to direct the negotiator with her eyes toward the weapons that lay on the ground. Yet, the trade would be made and as it is, the woman snatches away from one man, and then the next. As the thief prepares to take flight, the card player takes her aggression on the 'savior' with a slap on the face, and a verbal complaint. "You're letting him get away with my purse! You have his knife already, why didn't you stop him?"<i></i>

But this would be an acceptable turn of events to the samurai, for it is better that she feed the venom of hate into a dead man than she taste of the red river of death herself. But too, the samurai would see no need to take another life, for thief only saw fit to take what he felt he truly needed. What is more, unlike those before him, he actual spoke of a source of affliction. He is an injured man, and injury can heal if tended to. This man differed from the five men who did not show themselves to take out of need, but rather seemed to enjoy causing great agony to others. There is difference between the sicken spirit, the broken-hearted, verses the rotten and venomous soul. 'Why.' Shoma would actually accept this,... if this is how things play out.

The rehearsal... is over.

The sight and sounds of the night mold to correct themselves amongst the two men. They both would discover a major difference in the Realm of the Present, that be the placement of the centerfold of why these men were here in the beginning, the woman in white. She has her bag, she has her safety. The thief has nothing for now, his efforts negated with the additional lose of his knife. With his actual sword in hand, he sheaths his blade causing the knife to drop. However, the falling knife would be caught by the right hand, while the left puts his sword and sheath at rest by his left hip. He looks at the knife for a time, deciding his options on how to approach the matter. Seven second later, he tucks the knife under the pit of his arm to grab his own money bag. A withdraw of a small amount to deposit back into his pocket. Now, in his left hand would extend the knife, and in his right hand a money pouch containing a few thousand yen. "You are in lack, I see this. But why cast on another unwillingly, the very affliction that you carry? I am not of Suna but I shall say this, I offer an apology on there behalf. I also extend to you a choice. You may try your efforts another night and take back your knife, once your nose is well once more, that you not be reminded of you errors of indecent choice. Or you ask with decent respect, and receive some of the wages taken from you, around 16,000 yen, in hopes that you try for another way, a decent one. I know it is not enough to cover the what has been lost, but it is want I can afford at the time." <i></i>

Shoma did not mind if the woman chooses to flee this scene, for few would want to stick around their recent attacker. Much least would someone want to watch someone else get some type of reward. But Shoma calls himself fortunate that she could walk at this time, and in addition could keep her winnings.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: Sorry, was on 6 12 hour shifts in a row, then fell asleep on the couch waiting for a chance to get on a computer.

IC:

It was strange, this moment of hush between the two men -- the vagrant and the would-be hero. She started to slither beneath his arms, craning her back doing so. Her long blonde hair knotted in his buttons she made a sudden quick tug on her own hair leaving a few broken, knotted strands wrapped around his buttons. They would fall away, turning to a coppery dust shortly thereafter. She would stumble forward, heels not the greatest of choices considering her home terrain but fashion could be brutal. She recovered the bag from the ground and looked behind her cautiously, they both looked like they were statues staring off at the space in front of them. It was queer.

As if a fog was lifted over both of their eyes, they both blinked and it gave her a startle. This mundane human existence had really effected her. She was only a few paces away with the dull knife started to fall only to be caught in the stranger's hand. She furrowed her brow only slightly as she saw the man go for his bag rather than his blade. Most would have solved this with violence rather than... charity? "Another dam hero," was all she could think but she tried to conceal her disappointment. Yes, she was looking for a hero, but not a 'good' one. She was not looking for someone who would always do the 'right' thing or show mercy and compassion but rather one who thought with his blade more than his heart. Dammit.

The mugger was red-faced and angry. He seemed to want to spout some sort of profanity at Shoma but thought better of it unarmed, he seemed to have less gall when he lacked a weapon or a hostage. His hands balled into meaty, calloused fists that shook likely in cadence with this ire and thoughts.

"You are in lack, I see this. But why cast on another unwillingly, the very affliction that you carry? I am not of Suna but I shall say this, I offer an apology on there behalf. I also extend to you a choice. You may try your efforts another night and take back your knife, once your nose is well once more, that you not be reminded of you errors of indecent choice. Or you ask with decent respect, and receive some of the wages taken from you, around 16,000 yen, in hopes that you try for another way, a decent one. I know it is not enough to cover the what has been lost, but it is want I can afford at the time."

She did not flee the scene, it would only end in an awkward encounter potentially later. She was relatively well-known and in the public eye because she was the face of the Kazekage Tower considering the fact that the actual village leader was often doing something else entirely. His fixation with slimy creatures has been an annoyance but his addiction to caffeine and his inability to focus on a single topic has been a boon for her. Perhaps he was not the man she was looking for, this Shoma; but perhaps he could be some use to her after all. The vagrant, with a meager sum in his hand which was more than he came with, on the other hand, turned heel and fled. "A hero," she commented on purpose to test his hubris. "Thank you, I was terribly scared," she lied as she approached him. She would attempt to wrap her arms around him and kiss him on the cheek. She had a role to play here in Sunagakure, the role of civilian for a little longer still. If successful she would wait until the desperate ne'er do well had left the scene entirely before she let go. She did not need to look behind her, she was able to 'see' him clearly enough. "If it were not for you, I do not know what would have happened... there are so few shinobis here protecting the populace anymore, I fear they are a dying breed," she would go on to say regardless of her hug-attack success.

"I have never seen you before, are you one of the Kazekage's men?"

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The thief says nothing as he takes the money and runs. A great part of Shoma wants to stop the man in his place for not even displaying that he learned a lesson. But maybe, just maybe, one act of kindness and mercy could direct his future toward a better path. The knife he leaves in Shoma's hand, another could be purchased with the very money given to him in good faith. But the knife that once threaten the life of a damsel, is now in the guardian's hand. He had succeed in preserving the life of an innocent, and for this he finds himself in the grasp of the card player. She places a kiss upon his face after calling him a hero, but he would not return much to her but a look of slight surprise. These actions seem to catch the swordsman off-guard for a short time, for he half expects coldness. Then he remembers, the rehearsal differed from the present, she has her coin. Of course she would be pleased. However, Shoma could not be in a mood of discontent either, for very rare are the moments he is shown affection by any woman other than his late mother and the Young Master. He would only attempt to raise a hand to her shoulder and reply, "You are safe Miss, he is gone."<i></i>

She then backs away and tells him of her worries, of her fate if he were absent, and the lack of protection local Shinobi could provide. It seems that Shinobi hold the role of protectors here as well,... or would do so if they could. He would hope to lift the spirits of this lady just a bit with a comment of his own. "If it were not for his knife, it seems my presence would not have been needed. But there does seem to be a lack of lawful presence here."<i></i> A small smile is given as the burdens of his heart from another event are lessened, if only slightly. Although appreciation is not require to follow the code his master taught him, it is certainly welcomed and relieving he finds.

She asks the foriegner if he is of the Kazekage command. He shakes his head to state no, and clarifies verbally. "I am not familiar with the Shadow of the Sand(ooc: if that is right). I am under the employ of the Shadow of Stone. Although, I am ranked as a Shinobi, I hope to maintain my heritage as a Samurai... somehow."<i></i> After this is said, he realizes that she has some familiarity to this region, or at least to this small area. His eyes search her again to reassess her. If she was not a foreigner, then maybe she holds some renown in this place. Her attire stands out greatly for her not to be known. Even if she did not wear it everyday, her wardrobe more than likely could be attention grabbing. This one outfit is close to her skin and shows her shape, though it did not reveal skin. Still, Shoma catches himself from looking in the wrong places, one of the reasons why the swordsman prefers the kimono and other more traditional clothing.

Now he begins to replace his guess, 'If not a foreigner, perhaps she is either a misplaced celebrity or, by her doing well in playing cards in this kind of area, a rogue. I shall treat her like the former and watch her like the latter, at least until she shows herself. I must check my possessions when we part ways, I might be lighter after that hug. '<i></i> He would say to her, "You seem to be well in all places, save you neck. Is it serious?" <i></i> He gives a pause for her before going on, " If this place was safe, it is far from it now. What jobs could local Shinobi have taken that are placed higher than the wellbeing of natives here?"<i></i> He asks this based on the claims of the woman here and the man gone.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a stereotypical scene, hand on the shoulder in the black of night in some dreary street in the wake of an assault that could have ended badly with a hero announcing, "you are safe Miss, he is gone." She smiled and nodded as she started to calculate in her mind her next best course of action. She picked a dangerous location for a reason and this was not the first time she had played out this act, sometimes she would eat the villain or the hero and other times she would simply part ways if there was no use or if the soul did not appear appealing. It was amazing as of late how many people she had come upon with damaged or only partial souls, not that she could not eat them still but it felt like dumpster diving for someone's left over cheeseburger and fries.

"I am not familiar with the Shadow of the Sand. I am under the employ of the Shadow of Stone. Although, I am ranked as a Shinobi, I hope to maintain my heritage as a Samurai... somehow."</B><i></i> Kaze means 'Wind' but close enough, it was a common misconception in Sand, they lived in the 'Land of Wind' but their village was 'Hidden in the Sand' and their leader was the 'Shadow of the Wind.' But there was this same issue in terminology with her own Court and that was a story too convoluted to fully explain how the Earth Court Ancient had dominion over the Wind more than the golden dunes. She was happy enough knowing that he was associated with another leader, someone she could manipulate against her village's leader if given the opportunity.

<B>"I have never met a Iwa before," she lied. "Since the Cabal attacked, corruption has taken seat in our community," she added a partial truth to the end of her statement. The corruption was always there as was the indifference, it was just simply not noticed and not really her problem. Since the incursion, the people's displeasure has become noticeable. She was only planting the most subtle of seeds truly, anything outright slanderous could easily be considered treason but whatever conclusions the 'samurai' came to on his own would be his decision, not hers.

"You seem to be well in all places, save you neck. Is it serious?" He gives a pause for her before going on, " If this place was safe, it is far from it now. What jobs could local Shinobi have taken that are placed higher than the wellbeing of natives here?"

She purposefully let out a sigh as if she was reluctant to say anything but she was truly trying to hold herself back. "I cannot say, I am the Kazekage's Secretary, all I see for the most part is budgets and him tinkering with his inventions or latest hobby," she was not lying in the least here. Sousuke has done close to nothing for the people in her opinion but she really did not care about the people, not really. "For the most part he keeps to himself, some ...goblin ...gremlin... demon ...some little creatures he keeps killing, but I have no idea what those things are," she added attempting to give him some meager source of credit although thus far she did not even have to lie. Usually when you defame someone, you make up stuff or you omit more facts than you keep but it seemed to be the opposite in this case. she was searching for the good rather than the bad. She almost had to wonder if she was the bad guy in this situation anymore.

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The woman identifies his uniqueness to her, yet goes on to mention something call a Cabel. From the sound of it, the Cabel must have been a being that was rather massive and or equally troublesome in some other manner. Shoma recalls of a great beast that attacked the Village of Stone sometime ago. Although they had been fortunate to subdue this Cabel, they yet did suffer more misfortune. To this he would only say, "Tis unfortunate Miss"<i></i>

When asked about the other Shinobi of this village, the woman in white only reveals her job, claiming to know little about the working of Shinobi. But she go on to tell of a habit or hobby more that strange. Without a doubt, Shoma feels that the population of demons and other evil entities should be kept at a minimum, but she makes it sound more like a pastime than his duty. The swordsman had almost pass judgement on this Kazekage's 'tinkering', but reasons that perhaps they are intertwined with his pursue of the other-worldly creatures. The samurai does not hide his confusion, his loss, as his eyes shift to search the sky for a few seconds, his arms posture themselves in the manner of one thinking. There is much that he does not understand but he did know this, after the experience this secretary has had, assuming that is her one and only occupation, throwing question after question upon her as they stand in a dark alley would not be decent or appropriate.

Instead, he would say, "I see. Hm, this is indeed strange and mysterious. But this place may not be fit to dive further. I think it would be best for you to return to the safety of home. Do you think you will fair well from here, or would you like company?"<i></i> The bodyguard finds himself immediately hoping for the latter. He tells himself aloud in his mind that he desire an opportunity to learn more to the village's situation, to expand upon his understanding. He tells himself this because it sounds better to him, than wanting to spend time with a woman he had just meet, even a woman with a name. After a second thought, apart of him begins to hope that she would not require his assistance, and make the trek back alone. Above all concerning this person, he hopes for her safety, but he could do without the possible temptations of attraction to one who's identity, motive, and martial status is unknown. He could alway try to find out more later.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: Been trying to think of some place interesting to take this topic =/ Been hard, dunno why.

IC:

"Tis unfortunate Miss"

He replied, it was likely more a polite sentiment than truth but it mattered little. The story she was weaving only needed a superficial sympathy, she did not work with or for the Daimyo and if the truth be told she knew nothing of his devious efforts to undermine this sovereign shinobi community, she was doing the same independently. Her clandestine efforts to imbue the Kazekage with a deep sense of paranoia have been wholly ineffective. Perhaps he was always paranoid or he was already mad and the madness she fed him made no difference at all. Still his popularity since her death had been waning as he made one poor decision after another that alienated him from his friends and council. These were dangerous times for a man who lacks friends as he did. She nodded in agreement as the conversation continued.

"I see. Hm, this is indeed strange and mysterious. But this place may not be fit to dive further. I think it would be best for you to return to the safety of home. Do you think you will fair well from here, or would you like company?"
If he followed.

She did not need an escort, but she did cast a lure in hopes of making a good catch. Someone she could manipulate. Someone she could misinform. Was he such a being? Perhaps. She had taken a backseat to the Cabal and the Sovereign these past few years, not from lack of want or care but rather lack of strength to do otherwise so she waited. Her time would come. She smiled as gracious as any snake would and attempted to take his hand. "Thank you. I do not live far," she was actually being truthful when she said that part. "What brought you to Sunagakure?" She would ask as she ambled through the narrow streets, leading the way. She did not actually care but it would tell her something about the man and about what she could manipulate. It served more as a segue into her next statement, "you picked a dangerous time to visit Sunagakure. There has been a number of rumors of a race war in this village," she warned purposefully feeding him a tidbit about the Ancient and human war that she herself declared against the then troublesome Steward. "Terrible things really... but the people are also restless these days," she added alluding to the tensions between the classes as well which was more a coincidence in her view than an actual product of the impending war, but in this she would be wrong -- everything was intimately connected and even she was a mere player in a bigger game that went back centuries. To a time long before Godsfall.
If he entered

They would take a turn down a narrow ally, this being the point where a succubus would reveal that everything was a trap in contemporary media. That would not be true here, as the walls drew close and the witnesses became even rarer they would find themselves at a door. This would be where she lived, her evil lair no secret because it was utterly innocuous. There was no mad laboratory, there was no man chained up in her basement, there was no cork-board covered with reg string and pins revealing her master plan. No, it would be a small, minimalist homestead and she would offer him entry. This was not like those dates where a girl invited a man over for a nightcap but meant something different but social convention prevented her from being forward, she was simply letting him enter with no hidden intimate agenda. She always had three personal agendas or rather vendettas to satisfy. "If you need a place to stay, my couch is as good as any," she offered. She actually did not sleep, not much anyways and what little she did was rarely in her own house. She was grossly paranoid these days, even the person she was closest to had betrayed her. Inviting strangers into her house was hardly a source of fear for her. She was not attempting to attack him, not yet... perhaps not ever. Had many men and some women die here, those foolish enough to follow her home -- yes, that is a certainty. She was looking for something 'special' or at the very least 'malleable' for a lack of a better term. She assumed he would not accept her offer, he saw his attachment to the young woman. They were likely a couple, he seemed to like them young but who was she to judge, everyone was young in comparison to her.
Even if he did not accept her offer to stay, if he were to visit for a short time.

She was looking for a dialogue. She was not after him in all actuality but rather his leader so a civil dialogue was a necessity. "I would love to meet your Tsuchikage one day," she commented. The examinations were not something well-known in Sunagakure ironically, news of such things only reached the Steward or rather Kazekage a few days before the event and he never explained what summoned him away. She would not know that of all things the leader of the Stone village had already traversed their borders. Why did she care to meet him? Simple -- to fill his mind and heart with dread and hope that the brutal heritage the tomes so clearly demonstrate is indeed true. Yes, in a way she was setting Sunagakure up to fight a war that she did not want to see them win. "Do you know him well?"

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The mysterious woman accepts Shoma's offer of protection while walking home. The woman reaches for his hand, but before he would take it, he would look back toward the way he entered the alley. After a moment of inspection he state calmly, "Why are you not where I left you?" The words cause a shadow silhouette to move a little from somewhere around the corner of one of the building creating the alley. Within a few seconds, the guardian's Young Master approaches from around the corner. She responds, "Some of the people there were looking at me rather strangely. In fact, nearly everyone was doing so." To this Shoma nods in understanding, saying, "Come with us."

Taking the hand of the woman, if she still would offer such, he allows himself to be lead through the darkness of this city in Wind Country followed by Master Masuda. The lady inquires a little more about his reasoning for being here. "I am on a small mission , to inform nearby nations of a rogue ninja and the possible dangers he may bring, in hopes that he would return or be returned, that we would learn more about why he left in the manner he did."

She then responds in state that their were better times before a rumored race war. Shoma takes a moment to digest though is still lost when he says, "Rumor of a war over Race? Was this minor conflict reduced to rumor, or was it war with the alterier(spelling?) motive to attack a chosen race possibly?" Ava would respond in agreement, "Restless indeed."

Once shown her place, they were allowed inside yet they would not require a place to rest. Shoma raises a hand to decline, even though he would like to rest a while given the past two conflicts that have taken place. "Although the offer is appreciated, I must decline." Lady Ava on the other hand moves to sit down, claiming "Just for a moment, it has been a terrible and terribly long night."

After a time, the swordsman is asked about his rapport with the Shadow of Stone. He shakes his head. " I'm afraid I have not, although I have tried to meet with him. It would be nice to actually spent with him I think." She states afterward that she would like to meet him. To this Shoma states, "I'll see if I can arrange an audience with him. If not directly by me, then through friend I think has some considerable status. Shoma gives a slight pause to see if this is suitable for her before asking his next question. "Would you be will to tell me more about this thing call Cabal?"

[Marked for Training]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The trip was without incident, although an additional person seemed to join the pair to make a group instead of a duo. She did not know the person but she seemed rather close and knowledgeable of the 'good Samaritan.' It was true, she was not the victim and she did not delude herself into thinking that she was or that she was the hero. She was the malcontent, greed and disdain wrapped in a pretty package. She was curious about what she could get from him. What she could get him to volunteer and what use (if any) he could be to her ends. Sousuke needed to die, she did not need the blood to be on her hands directly. She had no qualms about finding a proxy and being only the initial catalyst to an unfortunate series of events that led to his eventual doom. She had learned that she could not win everything with might alone, there was a time when she could have but such has long expired. She needed to play it safe, acting out of anger and pride had destroyed her twice already.

He claimed to be on a mission to find a rogue ninja -- disappointing really. Shinobi nations often hire only their own and often their most trusted to hunt down traitors. "Who was this traitor shinobi?" She inquired more out of politeness than actual interest. She doubted she actually knew them and in fact likely did not. There were few that bothered coming to Sunagakure because of the maelstrom. The maelstrom had subsided, yes. but prior to this intervillage examination that was not a well-known fact. But one could suppose if you wanted to hide, the badlands of this immense country would be a good place to do so.

The tête-à-tête continued as she tested the various waters for signs of betrayal, greed or restlessness. She could not identify a weak point in him but that did not mean he was useless. He had ties to other communities and those people would have ambitions of their own. Ambitions, circumstances and weaknesses she could utilize. Being able to meet with the upper echelon of a foreign power would be useful. To which he claimed a meeting would be possible without sharing specifics. It was better than nothing. "It would be greatly appreciated. I think I might be in need of fresh employment, I find these caverns stale," she complained. She had a talent for getting close to political officials, some of it being the fact that those in Sunagakure were eccentric.

"Would you be will to tell me more about this thing call Cabal?"

Then he asked a question that caused her face to drop. "Where did you learn that word?" She caused cautiously.

Assuming he gave a reason that sounded reasonable enough or he gave some sort of assurance he was not in league with them or a sympathizer she would answer his question. "A group of anarchists that rigged some of our buildings to explode and collapsed our exit tunnels. They killed a lot of people," herself among the dead. They essentially changed everything for her, rocking her from a mediocre and mundane existence. "The group was defeated but most of the members were pardoned," she added with a low tone. She did not agree with the Steward or rather the Kazekage's decision. Those people took so many lives and ruined so many others but they were allowed to walk away from it all, a lot of people did not. "It was a few years ago, and despite the amount of pain they have caused they have a rather large sympathetic following. Mostly troubled and poor folk that want to see the world burn for the sake of doing so but there has been little activity regarding the actual Cabal because they were disbanded I think." She had no way of knowing for certain they were disbanded but she did know that there were several at large and whatever leash Sunagakure had on them was not short enough. She had a run-in with Fuu a few months ago, the disgrace leaves a sour taste in her mouth even still.

She shook her head, "I do not think they are gone. And I think they are very dangerous." Her opinion was of course biased in regards to them, she hated them almost as much as she hated Sousuke. There was also this hint of paranoia in her words, she had no proof and no reason to believe this. In fact, her assertion was wrong. The group had ceased all activity for now. They were a mere symptom. A tool. The rabbit hole went much deeper Alice.

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: I've left you waiting over a month. I think I'll just just write an exit post from here. Finally have internet at home though.

The Guardian then receives an understandable question concerning the identity of the run-away ninja. "Well..., Shoma begins, "... he is a youth with white hair. He claims to be from the Village Hidden in the Mist, the very one that had died from frost." Shoma did not want to give out too much information about this youth, nor make further mention of his failure. With proper questioning the samurai could have learned more about why the youth chose such an action with dire consequence had others found him.

In response to her mentioning of employment, he simply returns a nod. But he finds soon that the woman in white to be slightly forgetful, yet no person he had ever met holds perfect memory. The man's head tilts slightly to the right and with a lifted brow he reminds her. "Ah, from you remember? But if you wish, I will not share that with another." From here, she reveals a little more about this 'Cabal'. An audible "Hm" is given at the mention of multiple deaths. He follows this with head nods as he begins pacing a very small area as she speaks. She expresses her fear of the possible return of the group. In Shoma's opinion, with the base of what has just been shared with him, she might have the right to be.

"That is a possibility. If all is as you have said, then perhaps these 'pardons' could have been a means of tactical retreat or a sort of fail-safe. And if that were the case, this is more easily done with a man on the inside. I would guess." He stops pacing for a moment, reflecting on what he had told her, wondering if he words only feed her worry. "I am sorry, I do not intend to add stress to you. *Sigh* It has been a long night. You should rest as best you can." The swordsman's eyes shift toward the youth under his protection, being muted by slumber, "As should we it seems. "

The Bodyguard goes over to pick up the teenage girl, setting her on his back in a piggy-back ride fashion. He turns to the secretary for a parting statement. "It was privilege to meet you Miss, though it is regrettable it took place on a night filled with terrible conflict. If you would like for me to return, I can. But, I must suggest that you find another midnight hobby." With that he heads for the door.

[Marked for training]
[Topic left unless stopped]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back