Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Well Earned (req. Shishiwakamaru)

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Akio bound through the streets of the Red Oak District of Konohagakure, his boundless energy belying the fact that he was absolutely exhausted. Over the past several days at the academy, he'd been working hard, learning a handful of new jutsus, and not to mention spending his time after class in dreaded detention. The latter only made his load larger, as his stern Senju parents had immediately put him to work after each day of his punishment. Today, however, was different. Detention was over and young Akio was free to explore the city after school. His mom even gave him a small allowance of yen to treat himself to a tasty snack or a trinket that he might find amongst the numerous shops and restaurants that lined the busy late-afternoon streets. There was a noticeable bounce in his step and he'd been wearing his characteristic bright smile for so long that his cheeks were starting to hurt. Nothing could get the upbeat academy student down, not today.

The young Senju bounced up to one of the street stalls, fidgeting impatiently but waiting politely as the line in front of him cleared out one by one. "I'll have a tri-color dango please!" Akio said brightly, holding up the few coins that his mother had granted him. "Comin' right up." The cheery round-faced man behind the counter said, smiling at the young shinobi-to-be. 'Today's the best! I learned a new jutsu, mom and dad didn't yell at me, they even gave me some spending money! Plus, I get to explore a little on my own!' Akio thought as the man stuck three freshly wrapped balls of rice, one green, one pink, and the other white, on a thin stick and happily held it out for the boy to take. "There ya go, little buddy." The street vendor said with that same cheerful smile. "Thanks mister!!" The bubbly boy exclaimed, his voice pitched high in excitement and appreciation. Without hesitation, he waved to the man and turned to continue bouncing his way down the street as he chomped the green ball off the end of the skewer. 'And I even get to enjoy my favorite snack! Yeah, today's the best!'

Shishiwakamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
75b8dfdc4280c5a93567996b1197b67f.jpg

The sun was high in the cloudless azure-sky, the great ball of fire exuding a most pleasant warmth throughout Konahagakure. Likewise, Shishiwakamaru had also finished his schoolwork for today, and also that friendly spar with Shusuke. It did leave him a little battered and with fresh bandages to show for his 'work'. But even considering the beating he took, his spirits were never higher. He had also been standing in line, right behind Akio as a matter of fact.

Seeing the dilicious tri-color treat Akio had received, Shi decided he would take that as well. That and a drink of course! "Yes, hello and good afternoon sir. I'll take one of those dangos he just got, and a soda, any flavor, surprise me." What an absolutely beautiful day to be free, am I right? "You got it, kid!" Shishi vibed to himself, humming an unfamiliar tone as he waited for his order to be procured. "Here ya go, one soda with a tri-color dango." Shishi bowed with respect and thanks. "You're the best, thanks a million." And with that Shi exited the line.

Scanning the area for a place to hang out and enjoy his treats he saw Akio walking away. Hmmm, opportunity knocks! "Oy! You, blondie!" Shi would call after Akio as he jogged up beside him. "Thanks for ordering that, I wasn't sure what I was gonna get until I saw you get that, twinsies!" Shi joked, a joyful smile overtaking his expression. Biting the thin stick holding the dangos he would free up a hand to extend towards Akio. "The nems Shishiwahkamaooo..." Apparently nobody told him not to speak with his mouth full. With a roll of his eyes he would place his drink in his arm and held the stick with the same hand. Now he had a free hand and a free mouth. "Sorry about that, the name's Shishiwakamaru" Would this be the beginning of a bright new friendship? Find out next time on NINPOCHO!!!

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Akio trotted along with an absent-minded smile and a skip in his step til he heard a voice from behind him. "Oy! You, blondie!" At first the young Senju didn't think twice about it, snatching the white-colored rice ball into his teeth, sure that the voice was calling for someone else, but as Shishiwakamaru jogged up to him and said, "Thanks for ordering that, I wasn't sure what I was gonna get until I saw you get that, twinsies!" His smile mirrored Akio's own bright grin and the young Senju held the stick up next to the dark-haired stranger's own like crossing blades, cheek still stuffed with a ball of rice like a chipmunk before he gulped it down and replied, "Twinsies!" Basking in the positive attention from the more-experienced shinobi, Akio could add another item to the list of why this day was one of the best he'd had since joining the Academy.

As the Nara shinobi introduced himself with dango-skewer bit between his teeth, the sunny Senju couldn't hold back a peal of childlike laughter. "The nems Shishiwahkamaooo... Sorry about that, the name's Shishiwakamaru" He'd said, freeing both a hand to shake and his teeth to talk before correcting his initial introduction. Akio smiled bright, clasping Shishi's hand as he let out a cheerful introduction of his own. "Hi Shishiwamakaru!" He slightly butchered the name, but didn't hesitate for a second to correct himself. "I'm Akio! And no problem! I love dango! It's my favorite!" He exuded jubilantly, snatching the third and final pink rice ball into his mouth and chewing happily. It felt like going back in time, just like the cherry-blossoms that the three colors of the dango represented, it brought the boy straight back to when he was barely knee high, going to the Red Oak District with his mom. Akio never liked eating meat, he loved animals way too much and when he found out that's what meat was he immediately swore it off, so a bunch of the street food was off-limits, but the mild sweet-salty-nutty combination of dango had been his favorite ever since those early days.

"I think I've seen you around before. You're the cool-guy who's friends with Haniki and Shusuke right? You three are like a squad right?" Akio asked, his tone one-hundred-percent genuine as he recalled his previous interaction with his Yamanaka and Volt-Touched companions before their graduation. "What's it like being on a team? I can't wait to see who I'll get to connect with like that!" The young Senju's voice was full of wonder and optimism, his idealistic mind painting a picture of the future that was full of friendship, motivation, and a team that pushed one another, shared joy and fun, and covered each others' weaknesses. And he looked up at his senior compatriot with an expression of interest and childlike admiration.

Shishiwakamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
At last he had his name, Akio. And apparently he loves dango, noted. "I think I've seen you around before. You're the cool-guy who's friends with Haniki and Shusuke right? You three are like a squad right?" Shishiwakamru immediately blushed in response. He never thought of himself as the 'cool' type of guy. "Gee, I'm not sure where you're picking up the cool kid vibes, but yes. Haniki and Shusuke are very close friends of mine. They were one of the first ones I met when I started going to the academy." Taking a sip from his soda he regained his composure. He wasn't used to this sort of positive attention. Thankfully he didn't get a lot of time to dwell on such a thought as Akio was quick to follow up with another question. "What's it like being on a team? I can't wait to see who I'll get to connect with like that!"

Taking the first dango in his mouth he chewed methodically as he gave thought to the question. He wasn't officially on a team, per say, but the prospect was looking good as Daiji-sensei could clearly see how well the three of them worked together. Surely he would put them on a team together, or at least give his two cents towards the idea. "Well, I haven't technically graduated yet, but i'm on the threshold for sure, all three of us actually. But I can tell you that having someone you can trust is the best feeling in the world. Without that love and connection life would just feel so meaningless and lonely, ya know? And I'm sure you will find people like that, heck look at us right now, making new connections and forging new friendships. I would be honored to call you a friend." There was no hint of sarcasm in his voice, he truly wished to have another friend. Having no actual family made him feel the need to surround himself with loved ones to create a new quasi-family of sorts.

Taking the second dango in his mouth Shishi would smile as he chewed, one of those closed eyes smiles, ya know? He followed it up with another sip from his soda. He decided to share a bit about himself to his new friend, Akio. "My full name is Nara Shishiwakamaru, by the way. I live with Sennin Nao at the Sakurako clan house. I'm brothers with Toshi, if you know him. My goal is to become a med-nin so I can be there for my friends when they really need it. I've lost too many people to risk not becoming a medical ninja. Always being there for my friends is my ninja way!" After losing his mother as a small child, and then followed up by losing his father in the attack on the gates a year or so ago. Shishi could not bare to lose anyone else, he refused to let it happen.

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
As Shishiwakamaru was taken a bit aback by Akio's comment about him being a cool-guy, it only made the young boy smile more. He could've said it was the Nara's cool clothes, his laid-back almost aloof attitude, his stylish hairstyle, or the way he always seemed calm and in control. But none of those were the reason Akio thought that Shishi was cool. However, rather than interject with his reasoning, the young Senju listened carefully with bright-eyed interest as Shishiwakamaru explained the value of the friendships he'd formed and the love and connection that came with them. 'Someday, I'm gonna have friends I can count on and be there for, just like him.' He thought to himself, his bright greens shining with admiration.

When Shishi added, "I would be honored to call you a friend." Akio's face lit up. "Really!? Right back atcha! I definitely wanna make friends that are as wise and cool as you!" He said, with genuine childlike excitement. The idea of being friends with one of the older more experienced kids from the academy was something Akio hadn't even considered a possibility with the general lack of social interaction he'd had prior to joining. The young Senju then proceeded to listen to Shishi's explanation of his clan and desire to become a Med-nin. Akio's expression lit up at that. He wanted to be a Med-nin too!

But as Shishi explained his reasoning, that smile downturned, genuine empathy filling his eyes as he replied, "You've lost people...? I'm sorry Shishiwakamaru. I lost my pet Kudo, and my grandma died before I was born and I could tell it makes Grandpa Itsuki sad when he talks about it..." The child seemed to be deep in thought for a moment, but as Shishi said, "Always being there for my friends is my ninja way!" Akio's body language changed back to his usual chipper self as soon as it had left. "That's why you're a cool-guy, Shishiwakamaru!" He said without a hint of disingenuousness in his tone. "I'm really glad I met you. Today's been the best! I learned some new jutsus, got to eat dango, and even met a future Med-nin that I can look up to. Someday, I'm gonna have a bunch of friends I can be there for too!" Akio added, flashing an innocent smile full of elation.

Shishiwakamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
"That's why you're a cool-guy, Shishiwakamaru!" Shishiwakamaru would again blush at the thought of seeming cool to anyone. Shusuke always kinda took the limelight with that sort of stuff. In truth Shishi looked up to him in a lot of ways. Finishing off the final dango and the final remnents of his soda he would reply with great enthusiasm. "Heh, takes one to know one." Shi would finish up that statement with a playful wink. As the pair continued down the street Shi would see a garbage can and would try to toss his empty drink in like he was an allstar basketball player. It would hit the rim of the can and bounce out onto the ground. Shi would facepalm, and after Akio said he was cool...

With a sigh Shi would walk over and pick up the cup and deposit it into the trash can. "And that's why I don't play sports haha." Seemingly thrilled Akio would continue the conversation. "I'm really glad I met you. Today's been the best! I learned some new jutsus, got to eat dango, and even met a future Med-nin that I can look up to. Someday, I'm gonna have a bunch of friends I can be there for too!" Akio added, flashing an innocent smile. He was not wrong, today was genuinly an amazing day. Anytime Shishiwakamaru had a chance to meet someone new and interesting was sure to prove an awesome time.

Something that caught Shi's attention came back to mind. Akio had said a future med-nin he can look up to. Did that mean he too wanted to practice the arts of medical ninjutsu? He had to know. "Say, you wouldn't happen to be wanting to become a med-nin too, would you?" He asked most curiously. "If so I could totally introduce you to Nao-san, he's the absolute best at what he does. Heck, he even has a Kami companion. They are both way cooler than I." Shi truly admired his adopted father. He wanted to be just like him one day~

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Akio's excitement persists, holding true to his usual ball-of-energy demeanor as Shishi asks him about his desires to become a Med-nin for the village when he gets older. "Yeah! I want to be a great med-nin someday. That way I can heal my animal buddies, and my grandpa if he gets sick, and especially all the friends I'm gonna make!" The boy enthused, smiling ear to ear. However, when the Nara clansman mentioned his adoptive father, Akio's expression seemed to shift in an instant. His smile downturned as he thought back on the encounter he'd had with the Medical Sennin in the Forest of Death a few weeks ago. "Oh yeah... Sennin Nao..." He muttered to himself, looking down.

"Well.... I actually already met Nao-sama once..." Akio admitted, his guilt coming through in his voice as he explained his unfortunate encounter and the punishment that followed in its wake. "Ya see, I was out in the Forest of Death. I still don't like that people call it that... It's supposed to be a place of life and growth... But anyway, I had planted some seeds out there and was going to check on my little orange tree. It had grown up so well! It was sprouting out of the earth and into the sun!" Akio's somber tone shifted briefly as he gushed about his growing seedling, before he remembered what came next.

"But as I was checking on it, this scary creature with yellow eyes and a weird unnatural shadow came out of the woods and said I was in trouble when his master came. And... sure enough, Nao-sama came out of the woods out of nowhere! Why's he friends with such a spooky thing anyway?! Is that a kami?" Akio asked, genuinely confused as he remembered Shishi's previous statement. "In any case.... He said I couldn't be out there alone. That I was too weak and needed someone older like him or Grandpa Itsuki with me if I wanted to check on my garden. And he said that lots of stuff is born out there and dies out there in that Forest.... He also said stuff is 'made' out there? D'you know what he meant by that?" The young Senju asked, and while his questions almost seemed rapid fire, it was clear that he took every word that Sennin Nao said to heart. Plus, Akio still hadn't pieced together what made the place so unnatural and well, off in recent times.

"Anyway, he had me climb on his back and he showed me where some shinobi died fighting one of those abnormal creatures, and where there must've been this big fire from some fighting... He said that's why students like me can't go off into the Forest alone..." Akio paused, looking down and wearing the telltale expression of a child who looked like they were about to cry. Shifting his gaze back up to meet Shishi's eyes, Akio asked, "I really messed up big time, huh? Do you think Nao-sama will still have me in his branch?" The boy's eyes looked almost pleading, like however Shishiwakamaru would respond to that determined his fate as much as his past actions did.

Last edited:

Shishiwakamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Shishiwakamaru listened intently as Akio regaled him with the story of his time out in the Forest of Death. He took had an unusual experience out there that left him with swirling thoughts of confusion. "In any case.... He said I couldn't be out there alone. That I was too weak and needed someone older like him or Grandpa Itsuki with me if I wanted to check on my garden. And he said that lots of stuff is born out there and dies out there in that Forest.... He also said stuff is 'made' out there? D'you know what he meant by that?" So many questions in such little time, this guy sure was a firecracker when it came to speaking. But it didn't deter his interest in the young kid. He was pleased to be of any help to the kid. "I'm not sure what he meant by that, no. But I was out there alone one time and met a weird fox-girl-thing that freaked me out. She tried to convince me to leave the village, like go missing ya know? I almost did too, because of my condition..." Shi's voice trailed off in a somber tone as he gave thought to revealing he had terminal brain cancer. But that might be a bit too heavy for a first interaction. Akio paused, looking downward, looking as if he might come to tears over the conversation. Shifting his gaze back up to meet Shishi's eyes, Akio asked, "I really messed up big time, huh? Do you think Nao-sama will still have me in his branch?"

Shi's demeanor would return to the happy-go-lucky attitude and place a hand on Akio's shoulder as if to reassure him. "Sennin Nao would love to have you. One little incident like that isn't going to ruin any chances you have of becoming a mednin. Nao-san just really cares about the younglings here and was just worried about your safety. If he sounded stern he was probably just surprised to see anyone out there. If I were you I would put it behind you and not let it eat you up inside." Shi was rambling now, trying to console Akio. "Nao-san has experienced loss many times, so I'm sure he wants you to just be safe in the future. I hope he wasn't too hard on you. But hey, I will put in a good word for you next time I see Nao-san. I'll tell him how positive and uplifting in character you are. You seem like a solid person in terms of attitude and disposition. I'll personally see to it you make it into the program." Shishi flexed a thought for a moment as he placed an inquisitive finger up to his chin as he thought. Suddenly his eyes grew bright as if he had a brilliant idea. "OH! I know! Nao-san is going to be tutoring me in the ways of medical ninjutsu n' stuff. How about I ask to have you join so you get some experience. Sure you might just be a student, but what's wrong with a little extra curricular activities? I'm absolutely positive he would say yes, wadda ya say Akio? Wanna become mednin buds?" A most interesting offer, one that Akio would be wise not to pass up, even despite the interaction with Nao in the forest.

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
As Shishiwakamaru placed his hand on young Akio's shoulder and told him of what he expected was Nao's motivation for his punishment, he remembered another thing the Sennin once said to him. 'I'd rather not have to bury another child.' Suddenly it started making more sense to the youngster. Of course, he knew that Nao was just doing his job and looking after his responsibilities to the village, but it sparked a thought. 'I guess Sennin Nao lost someone too...' As soon as he'd thought it, his new Nara fried had confirmed those thoughts. For a moment it almost set off the inklings of tears that had begun to well in the young boy's eyes, but he quickly wiped them am looked back up at Shi with a newfound expression of optimistic determination.

As the happy-go-lucky soon-to-be Genin continued and called Akio's character positive and uplifting, he couldn't help but go a little red in the face, which was only exacerbated by the fact that the Nara clansman vowed to put in a good word for him and personally see to him joining the Medical Branch. "Thanks Shishiwakamaru... You really are a great friend. I can see why Shusuke and Hanaki like you so much." Akio said, the last remnants of his sniffles fleeing his voice by the end of the sentence. And when Shishi's eyes widened and he smiled as he said, "OH! I know! Nao-san is going to be tutoring me in the ways of medical ninjutsu n' stuff. How about I ask to have you join so you get some experience. Sure you might just be a student, but what's wrong with a little extra curricular activities? I'm absolutely positive he would say yes, wadda ya say Akio? Wanna become mednin buds?" Akio's eyes matched his senior student's brightness, that characteristic wide and happy smile reappearing on the youngster's face. "Really!!? I'd love to!! And yeah! Med-nin buds for life!!!" Akio exclaimed, his enthusiasm boiling over in a display of jubilation. "I can't wait!!"

Shishiwakamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B

"Really!!? I'd love to!! And yeah! Med-nin buds for life!!!" Akio exclaimed, his enthusiasm boiling over in a display of jubilation. "I can't wait!!" Shishiwakamaru waved his friend onward down the street. "Well let's go then, I was actually just on my way to meet Nao-san at the Byion. It's quite lucky that we bumped into each other, perfect timing!" And with that Shi and Akio would begin walking towards the Byion. On the way Shishi would regale Akio with more information about himself. "My favorite color is green, by the way. And my favorite food is chips, the bbq ones are the absolute best. I'm not too keen on fish though, blech. I can't stand the taste, too, well, fishy hahaha." Shi hoped he wasn't oversharing. But he figured Akio would have eventually asked anyway given how he received the rapid-fire questioning just now. Suddenly Shi's vision blurred and a searing pain shot through his mind. The tumor was acting up again. Shi stumbled to the side and tried to grab hold of something but failed to do so. Crashing to the ground he was barely conscious. Surely Akio would come to his rescue, but Shi would raise a defiant hand to stop him. "No, no, I'm ok, it will pass soon..." Surely Akio would inquire as to what was happening, and Shi wasn't the type to lie and would most likely reveal his secret about his doomed nature. Even Sennin Nao couldn't operate on it, it was just far too risky. There was really only one hope and that was his transition into a Human Puppet. The book that Kiko gave him would prove to be the very thing to save his life. How ironic it was that she was the one to take his father's life. But Shi didn't know that, yet...

[OOC MFT - WC: 305]

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Akio followed along, the ever-present bounce in his step returning as Shishiwakamaru said, "Well let's go then, I was actually just on my way to meet Nao-san at the Byion. It's quite lucky that we bumped into each other, perfect timing!" So much had happened today. Not only did it start off awesome, but Akio's whole perspective on his prior encounter with Sennin Nao had shifted 180°. He smiled happily as Shishi told Akio more about himself, answering several questions he was sure to ask before he even had the chance to ask them. "Green's my favorite color too! And brown! I really like nature colors. And I love chips too!! And I don't like eating fish either! Even though Grandpa Itsuki loves sushi... Fish are friends, not food!" He says, flashing a toothy grin at the end of his statement. "We really have a lot in common Shishiwakamaru!" Akio adds with a sure-hearted nod as he followed his new Med-nin role model.

However, as the young Nara clansman suddenly stumbled and fell, Akio's bright eyes went wide with fear. Rushing up as quick as his little feet could muster, Akio tried to help his new friend only to be waved off. "A-are you alright? What happened? Did you trip over something? You... look kinda dizzy." The concerned young boy asked, wondering what could have caused such an experienced older student to lose his footing. There was a clear and present empathy that shone in the young boy's caring and worried eyes. Despite not understanding the older boy's condition, he could certainly sense that something was wrong.

[MFT .:. 268 Words]

Last edited:

Shishiwakamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
"A-are alright? What happened? Did you trip over something? You... look kinda dizzy." With an empathetic resonance Akio inquired about what had just transpired. Shi, still on the ground, shook his head trying to clear the heavy fog that had taken root in his mind. "I... I must have tripped or something." Shi's expression quickly soured upon uttering that lie. Truthfully Shishiwakamaru hated lying, it made him sick to the stomach just thinking about it, almost to the point of retching. Shi's character just wasn't aligned in such a way that he could openly lie. Ever since he was a child he simply couldn't lie, his demeanor always gave it away. The worse the lie the sicker he became. Often puking when he lied, when he got in trouble and tried to hide it.

Feeling the urge to puke Shi gave up the ruse and decided to tell Akio the truth. "Actually... That's not true. I didn't trip. I'm sorry I lied to you." Shi's gaze locked onto Akio's, a sense of remorse about his face. "Sigh... The truth is..." Shi hesitated before continuing. He knew what he had to do, he had to tell the truth. But he was worried how it would change the relationship he had just forged with this young Senju. He didn't want to scare him off. Death was a sorta taboo subject for younglings, or at least it was for him. It just seemed so grim and dark to talk about dying. Then again, they were shinobi and there was a high chance that they would experience it sooner or later. "The truth is that I have terminal brain cancer, a tumor ingrained into my brain. I don't know how much longer I have, each day it gets worse."

Regaining his composure and shaking off the peculiar feeling Shi would stand back up, taking support or aide from Akio if offered. With a forced smile Shi would try to reassure Akio that all hope was not lost. "But hey, I have a plan that might save my life." Shi would dig into his bag and withdraw a book, to show Akio. "I got this book from a stranger, it's a book on puppetry, which is my skillset now. I've been studying this book for a while now, near the end there's text that describes how to turn someone into a Human Puppet. I've decided I'm going to have Sennin Nao perform the transition. It's my only hope." If Akio wanted to look at the book Shishi would relinquish the text material to his new friend. Otherwise he would place it back into his bag. "So there you have it, now you know. I'm sorry you had to find out about it, I try to keep it a secret so as not to worry people needlessly." The once bubbly and upbeat tone now turned somber and gloomy. Shi felt bad for it and didn't know how to turn it around after revealing such a dark actuality.

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
When Shishiwakamaru apologized for lying and explained the truth about his condition, the young boy listened. But as he finished, Akio's brow furrowed intensely, forming a 'U' shape between his shuddering eyebrows. Tears welled in the young Senju's infuriated green eyes and he simply couldn't contain it anymore. "I don't care about that!" Akio yelled angrily, his tears shaking off his trembling face onto the ground below as he quaked in frustration. 'No! It's not right!!' His mind cried out defiantly, before his voice did the same. "I don't care that you lied! I don't care about bein' worried! Who the heck cares about that!?" The young boy exclaimed, his tone livid and his teeth clenched as his mind wracked with the impossibility that someone good-hearted like Shishi had to face death and seemed to feel so defeated. It wasn't fair and Akio simply refused to accept it. "What do you mean terminal!? I won't believe that!" The child yelled. He'd been studying up in the hopes of being a Med-nin someday. He knew what that word meant, but in the moment Akio was fully unable to process the feelings of hopelessness and terror that the young Nara must have felt living with his condition.

The fact that he'd just met this boy didn't mean a thing to Akio. Shishi was a life and a pure-hearted one at that, and Akio's innate compassion wouldn't allow him to believe in the despair of such a situation. And to him, the idea of becoming a puppet was even more terrifying. "No!" He screamed indignantly. "Sennin Nao's gonna figure something out to keep you as you! He has to! And if he doesn't... Well, you gotta survive anyway!" Akio yelled, his emotions overflowing and the tears that were held in his eyes now freely flowing down the child's face. "We're s'posta be Med-nin buds! So you gotta live! I believe in you Shishiwakamaru!" He shouted those sob-broken words as though it was simply a choice, his fists clenched and face shaking as his voice started to break. "So... You gotta believe in you too!" The ten-year-old yelped, finally falling into a full-on cry. "You gotta..." Akio repeated, his voice cracking and the words escaping in a whine as he looked up at Shishiwakamaru through the shifting lenses of his uncomprehending eyes.

Shishiwakamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
"What do you mean terminal!? I won't believe that!" Jolted by the sudden outburst by Akio, Shishiwakamaru was sent back to the memory of when he first found out about it. He felt almost exactly the same as Akio might be in this moment. Tears began to form in the corners of Shi's eyes in response to the emotional tension. He remembered the emotional tole it took on him, to the point of him running away into the forest of death. Totally unsure of what to do or say in this moment Shi tried to console Akio. "Hey, it's gonna be ok." Angry and affronted Akio would protest. "No! Sennin Nao's gonna figure something out to keep you as you! He has to! And if he doesn't... Well, you gotta survive anyway!" Akio yelled, his passion showing through as tears trickled down his cheeks. The now silent Shi felt as if he could do nothing but listen and let his new friend let it all out. "We're s'posta be Med-nin buds! So you gotta live! I believe in you Shishiwakamaru!" As if it was a choice... Though how he endured it was a choice. Happiness, kindness, optimism, these were all choices. Shi would choose those over the alternative.

"So... You gotta believe in you too!" The young senju wailed, weeping profusely. Shi responded by placing a soft hand on Akio's shoulder as he reiterated his last statement. "You gotta..." Imperceptivily Akio looked up at Shishiwakamaru through the shifting lenses of his tear-filled eyes. "I..." Shi started, his own mewling session, the waterworks now fully on display. "I will... I do believe!" Shi would pull Akio in close for a warm, yet somber, embrace. Both children sobbing into each other's shoulders. They would cling to each other for a good thirty seconds, just enough time for some oxytocin to quell their emotional state. Tears began to slow, at least for Shi, and the hug was released. "I vow to do everything in my power to live. I promise we will be the best of mednin buds." Shi would extend his hand outward toward Akio, his fist closed except for his pinky. "I pinky promise" His face still saturated with the flowing of tears, Shi let a sanguine smile spread across his face. Shi waited for the boy to take his pinky in his own.

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Akio's quiver-lipped expression was met with tears by the young Nara as well, which only made the Senju boy cry even more. "I... I will... I do believe!" Shi had said, pulling the sobbing Senju into an empathetic hug. Akio didn't hesitate to cry into Shishiwakamaru's arm, still overcome by the unfathomable idea of a kid like him having to face such an impossible beast as a terminal condition. However, Shishiwakamaru's words, and the time to calm down caused Akio's heaving sobs to fade into sniffles, then finally into calm. After a good half-minute, he'd released the boy and said, "I vow to do everything in my power to live. I promise we will be the best of mednin buds. I pinky promise."

Akio wiped his nose on his sleeve and pushed his tears away with the back of his thumb as he nodded and took the Nara's finger. "Promise~." He repeated, finally donning his characteristic smile once more, though it was admittedly more subdued than it had been when he was beaming and carefree. "I know you're gonna beat it. Whatever kinda tumor or cancer or whatever... You're gonna beat it." Akio said resolutely, reassuring himself as much as he was his new med-nin bud. "I... I still got some leftover yen mom gave me. Maybe before we leave we can go get one more dango? It's on me!" Akio asked innocently, doing his best to put on his usual bright grin as he instinctually tried to cheer Shi and he up and take both their minds off the seriousness at hand.

[Topic Left Unless Stopped]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back