Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

-Well Rooted Weeds- [Mitsugi+Hayato][E-rank TMM]

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The winters were long and cold in Lightning Country. In the mountains of Kumogakure, spring came late, summer was fleeting and the winter was always on their doorstep. That made the jobs of the civilian farmers that scraped a living from the rocky earth and sparse grasslands a difficult feat. They toiled to feed and supply Cloud village with the only source of local, fresh goods and before the train line they had been the origin of most produce. Nowadays, most farmers were contracted directly with the village. In exchange for stable incomes and extra help during the busy seasons, places like the Torre celeste, Academy, Dormitories and many shinobi share houses around the village could count on good food and a steady supply of wool and leather uniforms.

It wasn't what one would call a busy part of the year for, but calving season had been moved to late spring due to rumours of a long winter. Spring chores had since become summer chores and were becoming all the more dire to complete.

They had been directed by letter to attend to what the academy referred to as 'working training.' Locals were able to get an extra pair of hands to help them and the students assigned to 'e-rank' missions got a feel for the system that would be their bread and butter once they graduated. Unlike a usual mission dossier, however, they were simply assigned a time and place to arrive to with the expectation they would make it. In this case, they were required at "Yarabe farm" on the edge of the ancient forest at 07:00 sharp.

When they arrived, a dire looking man already dirty from morning work met them. He introduced himself as Yarabe, like the name of the farm, and got right to inform the students of what tehy would be doing that day. "Right, I've got got six sheep and a fawn that have gone and wandered off in the east paddock that I need brought back. Darned things keep following that wanderlust fawn. That'll take two of ye', and you'll want to be taking some grain and alfalfa from the supply shed over yonder to make them cooperate. Shouldn't be nothin' for even a couple of students." He gestured towards a sharply sloping hill to the east and continued, "Tha's the fun job. Then I got some pen muckin'. I've brought round the waggon for your to fill up for Yuma's farm down the road." Another point, to the west this time, where a sizeable fenced area was brimming with refuse and a pair of shovels sat waiting. "And when you're all done with that, the barn needs a clean. Some of them nasty big spiders out of the forest have made a nest up in my loft an' I want em gone." That was likely to be the more exciting job, and one that would need their budding shinobi skills the most.

He tossed a pair of gloves at both students, then made a shooing motion for them to get going. "Well, get on with it. East is thataway if yer done lollygagging. If yur havin' no luck come by the house. I'll be havin' my brekkie." No question period it seemed.

Akimoto Hayato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akimito had to admit to himself that he was more than a little nervous for this whole "working training" thing. He had never been one for labor. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy it-although he really didn't enjoy it- it was the fact that he wasn't exactly the strongest guy around. He wanted to be big and brawny and powerful like some the students at the academy, but he simply wasn't. It was embarrassing, and often made him feel left out, on his own, even isolated.

Akimoto was self-admittedly a very anxious dude.

Waking up early was a pain. He never liked mornings, he was always a night owl, absorbing in the beauty of the dark, moon-lit sky. And taking the "me time" that he required to collect himself from his busy, social days in the academy. That being said, when the sun finally came up, it was never a fun experience.

He went through his morning routine rather rushed, for fear of being late. He threw on his usual attire, and did a 30 second hairdo. He then packed himself a lunch, and an apron, just in case the work got dirty. He sighed to himself in the mirror. "I'm gonna make a fool of myself..."

The journey down to the Yarabe farm wasn't exactly lonely, or prolonged. Other students had been making their way to the farm, and despite his not really having any friends, it was nice to have some guidence through the city-scape and through some old, and strangely enchanting forest.

Large, knotted trees blocked out most of the sky. It felt almost magical, to Akimoto at least. Strange life at every turn. He had almost lost himself in the nature around him, but he made it to the group without a big scare.

The farmer was stern and dirty. He informed the students of the chores that lie ahead. It would take two to complete the first. Most of the other students had split off to do other things, while Akimoto waited around for someone to join him. It was awkward and weird waiting, feeling the stare of the farmer on him.

(Did I so that right??)

Kazoki Mitsugi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Mitsugi slowly opened his eyes. It felt heavy as he was not accustomed to wake up very early in the morning. Such as a serene morning, Mitsugi thought. Even sky is still sleeping, as he glanced outside his window. Trying to reach his clock and read in dark, Shit it is 5am in the morning, its just too early and cold to start a day.

Looking blank at ceiling, past memories flew through Mitsugi mind. It was the first time he arrived at the academy. I must get stronger, and... avenge my father.... Mitsugi was so excited to train and learn jutsu with purpose to kill his father assasinator. And yet disappointment came. "How can i be a strong shinobi with this joke?!" the orange-eyed boy said to himself while crushing the paper given from the teacher. It was written, ""Yarabe farm" on the edge of the ancient forest at 07:00 sharp".

A buzzing and loud sound of alarm woke up Mitsugi, telling the world it is 6am. Seems like, the brown-haired boy dozed off after awake in early morning. Mitsugi quickly cleaned up and went to the stated place. "Off I go to Yarambe Farm, take care Mitzuno" as he awakened his little brother.

It was quite a long journey indeed. Mitsugi needs to walk through the ancient forest of The Nimbus Delectio area to reach Yarambe Farm. Mitsugi was fascinated that even though Cloud Village was mostly consisted of rocky hills and mountains, it turns out various plant types growing well in the region.

Upon reached the place, Mitsugi met 2 new figures, first is a student just like him, and the other is old uncle named Yarambe. So he's the owner eh? Yarambe briefed both of students on chores to be completed. The brown-haired boy digested what the farmer said and remembered in simple key words. Searching lost flocks, Cleaning flocks shit, and Cleaning Barn with a chance to kill spiders?
Since no more question asked, old uncle went back to his house to have early meal. Mitsugi then faced to the new kid, “So ready for the mission eh?” he paused. Feeling awkwardness creeping slowly then he continued, “Maybe before that, what is your name? I’m Kazoki Mitsugi. Hopefully, we get a chance to throws some kunai for the spiders.” The orange-eyed boy raised his hand offering for greeting.

[MFT]
[WC: 387]

Akimoto Hayato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As nervous as Akimoto was when he met new people, he always did his best to be kind.

"I'm Kazoki Mitsugi" the boy had introduced himself, raising his hand slightly.

"Hi" Akimoto said, smiling. "I'm Akimoto Hayato." He then gently shook the other boys hand. Kazoki then mentioned something about Kunai's and spiders. Akimoto chuckled lightly at the comment, appreciating this boys attempt at conversation.

"Yeah." Akimoto agreed, scratching the back of his head. "Ya know, them giant spiders can be a pain." He said dryly.
You're not funny, he silently told himself.

"The farmer said something about alfalfa and grain to make the animals cooperate." Akimoto chimed in as he went through the farmers intstructions in his head. He then looked to the little supply shed where Mr. Yarabe had pointed to. He strolled over to the little Hubble of a shed, sliding on the gloves Mr. Yarabe had thrown at the two of them.

Akimoto attempted to pull the door, flushing lightly as he struggled to get the door to budge at all.
Are you kidding me? Really? He mentally kicked himself for not having the strength to open a stupid door.

"I, umm" Akimoto hesitated, embarrassed to ask for some assistance. "Do you think...you could give it a try?" He nervously ran his hand through his spiky brown hair. "It's...it's kinda heavy." He sighed in shameful defeat.

He then backed away from the area, and opened his pack of supplies he had brought with him. He took out his apron and wrapped it around his waist, tying it firmly in the back. "Just in case things get dirty or whatever." He told Kazoki, as if he had to clarify to save himself from looking stupid. "Ya know, leaves me looking less shabby and stuff. Plus aprons are cool. Real men wear aprons." he attempted to be humorous, smiling at his co-worker.

Kazoki Mitsugi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Mitsugi listened clearly on the new acquaintance introduction. Akimoto huh? Yeah sure easy to remember. And… he has same hair color as me? Impostor huh? Oh well… this boy agree with me on the spiders. Not bad connection huh? Mitsugi thought. Akimoto was sure more diligent boy compared to him. He was indeed an initiative type. Well, I should not lose against him! Mitsugi wondered. Picking up the slack, the orange-eyed boy picked up gloves thrown by Yarabe-san and tightened it on his hands. Well you need to wear this if you want to pick some shit eh? Meanwhile, that new acquaintance already walked down the rocky patch towards the shed. Mitsugi dashed through the patch to catch up with Akimoto-san.

Akimoto then stopped in front of the hut. He tried to open the door but no luck with that. No strength huh? Mitsugi thought. Akimoto then opened his bag and took out an apron. What did he say? He don’t like dirty? Real mean wear aprons? Mitsugi were stunned, he thought Akimoto was lame. “What’s wrong man? I tot boys supposed to spend time outside and play in the mud no?” Mitsugi jeered at him. “Listen, ..” Mitsugi sighed, he didn’t want to expose past tragedy that haunted him to new people like Akimoto, but he decided to get things straight. “I must avenge my father’s death therefore I must get stronger. By completing this mission, hopefully I’ll get stronger.” Mitsugi paused, “And for that I’ll need your help. Let’s kick this door together for better result.” The boys kicked hut’s door. Kreekkk. Door slowly swang inwards.

Bad smell filled up Mitsugi nose thus making him nausea. Nahh,, I must endure… He gathered strength to fight this smell and said “You take the alfafa, and I do the grains. Sounds good?” Mitsugi strolled the room and searched for the plants for feeding those naughty sheep. He found the yellow grains on right corner of the room, then, took it out and held it using his left shoulder and glove. Mitsugi quickly dashed through to get out of the huts and escape from rotten smell of old barn. The orange-eyed boy then tried his best to look far at east side of the farm. He noticed six sheep wandered off grass field. This should be easy job. He then shouted to Akimoto, “Attaboy, Time to find them sheep!”

[MFT]
[WC: 398]
[WCT: 785]

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The east 'paddock' was a large, steep hill bordered with low stone walls that were unlikely to keep any but the most docile sheep in check. The hill was covered with patches of grass struggling to find root in the rocky soil and a dozen stunted spruce trees holding fast. It has rained recently, and the whole area smelled of clean hay, rain and re-soaked manure, a not entirely horrible stench but one that would take some time to get used to. There were no sheep in immediate sight, but off in the far distance, they could make out a number of tiny white blobs that seemed to be frolicking near the forest tree line. The place the tiny sheep had wandered to was outside the fence and a dangerous spot for such defenceless creatures to be. The forest was dark and full of terrors after all.

As they would approach, one of their numbers would prick up her ears and try to put distance between herself and the human children. This creature, unlike the sheep, appeared to be an albino fawn and the culprit behind the sheep's escape that Yarabe had mentioned previously. When she moved, the herd instinct in the lambs was triggered and they complacently followed along.

[Back! So sorry for the wait and short post. We should be back to regular posting activity now!]

Kazoki Mitsugi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
As Mitsugi stepped out of barn collecting grains, Mitsugi flied off his sight to the most east side of the farm. There lied a steep hill bordered with low stone walls. It was so loose such that even domesticated sheep will easily escape the enclosure. On the further side of the hill, there ws forest lining up dark. The forest was known for such dangerous creature such as maybe tiger? Nonetheless, the sheep flocks still ignored perilous encounter chance and wandered very close to the dark and shady forest. Mitsugi brought the grains on his left shoulder and held with his left hand. Whistling through out the brisk walk, Mitsugi thought this will be such easy job. The grass is scarce in the hill yet he has sheep food on his shoulder. Mitsugi felt confident these grains will be just enough help to gather flocks.

Out of the flocks, there was one uncommon creature, it was white like the sheep but kindly different shape. Mitsugi tried to concentrated and focus on his sight. That creature didn’t have any wool skin instead it was a small deer. Ah, so this is the albino fawn the old man Yarambe mentioned. Mitsugi dashed off rocky field getting as nearer as possible to the flocks. However,when Mitsugi tried to get closer the albino fawn straightened up look at Mitsugi and drifted off away. Once the albino fawn moved, the rest of the flocks follow it. He did that few times and fall to this bottom and sat on the dirt. It seems like the albino fawn has sixth sense and very afraid of off people. Mitsugi thought while wiping off sweats from his forehead. And it was the flock leader, the sheep followed it. Mitsugi devised some plans in his head to get this task straight.

He then faced Akimoto and said, “I think we must catch the fawn, then rest of sheeps will just follow.” Mitsugi turned his head back to the flocks and continued communicating his ideas audibly, “But First of all, we need to get to perimeter of the forest, we will get into deep trouble if any tiger show up and eat them sheep yeah. I’ll take the forest line and we pushed them til near the stone walls. Once we cornered them, we jumped high throw some the grains and alfafa at them. Hopefully, they will take the bait. Then, try landed as closest as possible to the fawn. The nearest one catch it. Rest of the sheep will just follow us once we take this impish fawn. Cool?” Mitsugi paused momentarily waiting for his peer thought on the near-perfect plan. The orange-eyed student continued “And for this we need to be agile, thus, I think it’s better to put aside your apron. It will be useful when we need to gather sheep’s dung for compost later.”

[WC: 478]
[WCT: 1263]

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
-Gunna NPC Akimoto, also a note about our mission word count. We now have to meet the new requirements (boo) but can getcha better rewards (yay)-

The fawn danced shyly away as the boys approached. Her ears flicked around, and her movements turned stiff and flighty as she prepared to run at the first sign of threat. She didn't seem to care that the boys had food, or that they weren't brandishing anything that could be called a weapon; their very presence spooked her. The sheep milled around uncertainly around her, instinctively responding to her heightened agitation. At the sight of Mitsugi atop the rocks, she, and thus the herd moved away from the trees and grass they had been exploring to 'safety' across the field. It was obvious that had he been an actual predator animal, the bleating wool babes and their long legged hooved sister would have been easy prey.

The fawn continued to stay on alert as the boys talked amongst themselves, though she seemed torn between youthful curiosity and instinctual caution. After a minute, the sheep began munching on the sparse grass while only keeping a half eye out for danger.

Hayato had no better luck catching the wayward fawn or her flock. The boy was a bit on the small side and while average speed for his rank, was just not agile like their cloven footed prey. He seemed ready to give up but listened attentively as Mitsugi outlined a new plan of action for the pair of them. Mitsugi's idea was as good as any, and Hayato nodded along meekly in agreement.

"I-I guess," the bashful student muttered, already tired from carrying the feed around. The task, simple enough in words, was turning out to be much harder than expected. The terrain was tough to navigate with flint stone easily crumbling away under their feet. There were rocks and thick tufts of grass to trip them up. Hayato had already found a half dozen gopher holes in their trek to the sheep and nearly tripped in all of them. He probably wouldn't be fleet footed enough, apron or not, to catch the fawn. At least that was what Hayato felt but he wasn't about to argue with the more assertive Mitsugi.

"Do you really think there are tigers in that forest? I really hope not," he commented as he pulled the apron off and set it safely on a larger rock, " Think if there were they would have sent Genin or Chuunin to deal with them... or or a Jounin." The way he said jounin, with wonder and envy, was telling. To this kid, the higher ranks of the village were like super heroes. Being like them was probably what had driven such a small, unconfident, boy to join the academy.

Apron off, Hayato waited for Mitsugi to point him in the right direction. It was his plan after all.

[Basically, if you want to you can assume Hayato keeps up/does what you need him to do. EZPZ)

Kazoki Mitsugi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
As soon as Mitsugi finished explaining his strategy, the young apron student replied, "I-I guess," The long walk of carrying alfafa and grains drained his energy. Mitsugi knew this, he himself started to feel tired after keep chasing the young albino fawn. “For now, we just slowly walked and because they will move away from us anyway.” Mitsugi explained. “Up until we have cornered them to the stone walls then we can start increase our pace.” Akimoto took out his apron and prepared to get going. "Do you really think there are tigers in that forest? I really hope not," he commented as he pulled the apron off and set it safely on a larger rock, “Yeah I hope nothing will come out from there….” Mitsugi paused calculating worst case scenario if some carnivore decided to find prey under bright morning sun. “Yeah, I hope nothing….” “Think if there were they would have sent Genin or Chuunin to deal with them... or or a Jounin." Akimoto blubbered. “Nay, the village will send higher rank shinobi like them to catch some criminals or pirates.” Mitsugi explained, “We will catch up to them one day though. Don’t underestimate yourself Akimoto!” Mitsugi encourage his fellow students. “Yeah, one day, I will catch those bastard that kill my father for sure,” the brown-haired student murmured.

Mitsugi then directed Akimoto to stand on one side of the herds. Once, Akimoto reached his position. Mitsugi then dashed off to the border between forest and the flocks. Meanwhile the boys moved, the wayward fawn straightened her neck and looking at the two boys. The albino fawn move her head left and right trying hard to keep up with the boy’s position. Mitsugi smirked knowing his strategy started to take effect. The cloven footed fawn stopped eating and looked carefully at the separated boy. Her eyes couldn’t keep up with both of them at the same time. Meanwhile, the other sheep seems like enjoying their breakfast and ignoring the possible danger of predators. Her sheep sister were munching happily on the green grass along rocky field. Mitsugi then looked at Akimoto and gave signal. Both of them moved towards the group. Since the boys got closer and closer, the errant fawn, kept moving as well. Once the fawn moved, the rest of the sheeps would follow. They went towards the flock on each side hoping they would get cornered at the stone walls bordering Yarambe farm. They moving downward of the hill passed field full with rocks and holes. Thus, the two boys moved slowly.

Finally, they reached towards the stone walls. The albino fawn moved her head eagerly left and right looking for a possible way out, yet she was cornered. Mitsugi then gave another signal to Akimoto. They threw some of alfafa hoping it would attract the hungry flocks. They threw the food as far as they could so it fell near towards the flock. Seeing sudden plenty of food, the hungry wool creature gathered and strated eating. Both of the students smiled, it seems these sheeps are easily to be tricked. Yes the sheep has weaker heart for food, meanwhile the errant fawn stood still. The bait didn’t affect her at all. Maybe because she still saw predatory creatures that throwing things at them. She maintained her sight back and forth towards Mitsugi and Akimoto. Mitsugi then signaled one more time. These signal means they need to throw more bait closer between them and the herds. Both of young boys aimed perfectly and it fell about half distance between both of them. All sheep moved towards the bait. Living in through harsh annual climate and scarce food made them easily attracted towards food indeed.

With just 5 meters between the boys and the herds, Mitsugi knew this is the chance. So he signaled the last one. This meant they will threw the bait again and they will jump high to the sky. They hope the sheeps would ignore them and keep eating. After they threw, they concentrate chakra on their feet and jump high. Acrobaticly in the sky, they again thew foods hoping to camouflage their appearance. The albino fawn stood at the back of the herds keeping distance from the two boys. However, she could not see them anymore. Mitsugi landed just beside her and leap of ground to catch it. Yet, the naughty fawn was agile enough to slide through him and ran on opposite direction of Mitsugi. Akimoto saw that and took ninja wire from his pocket. He then swinged it and threw at the fawn with fast speed. The albino fawn pace was not able to dodge it and the ninja wire quickly entangled her. Akimoto dashed quickly towards the fawn and hugged her. “Got you cheeky little rascal.” Akimoto said. Mitsugi did not believe his companion is quite resourceful. He put up his arm and open up his thumb giving appreciation to Akimot. The herds didn’t seem bother by the two boys as long as the fawn never moved. Akimoto then feed leftover alfafa on the ground to the fawn. Looks like the whole morning dodging activities had drained her and she ate what Akimoto gave.

[MFT]
[WC: 866]
[WCT: 2129]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back