Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Wells of Knowledge [Tutor]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Signs on the wall demanded silence.

There were few places in the hidden leaf more peaceful than it's library. Here was the village's deepest well of knowledge, and the ideal place for students and masters who sought to improve the more intellectual and refined aspects of their shinobi arts. The complex was fairly large, with winding staircases and unique architecture that seemed to hide countless chambers. It seemed as if many doors should lead nowhere but outside, yet every sealed chamber did have a space to enter and a secret to tell. This was certainly a grand library, as you would expect from the place Konoha's wisdom and history called home.

There were always a few shinobi found roaming the open spaces during the day. Most of them had a book in hand, however many of the patrons here lack clearances and the knowledge needed to access the more advanced, sealed rooms of the library. For safety and security purposes, the village's shinobi were all taught more advanced techniques in order to temporarily unseal chambers, and enter for timed sessions until a repulsion Jutsu would forcibly remove them for their own good.

Kaji was among the few wise shinobi spending time in the Library today, however, it was not entirely in the name of his own betterment. In fact, he had come today as a willing volunteer for tutoring duty, rather than another mundane Saturday of serving as a gate guard. The spinning ceiling fan was a comforting feature to him, and he'd take lecturing over roasting in the sun any day. As Kaji awaited the arrival of any students seeking a little guidance, he found a nook on the ground floor with an open table and reclined in a seat with his feet kicked up. Kaji did not seem to be in much of a rush and cozied up to a random novel he snatched off the shelve along his way.

- Kaji has entered the thread.
- Requesting Ame.​

Chigokai Yuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ame was kind of excited, she had to admit. She had heard about an advanced ninja leading a tutoring session today at the library and didn’t give a second thought on deciding to go. For one, she was always in the mood to learn something new, and secondly, the library was one of her all time favorite places in the village. Despite what had happened the first time she visited, she still counted it as a quiet safe haven for her studying.

Currently, she was just now entering the library. Her messenger bag slung over her shoulder was filled to the brim with an array of different kinds of books. She wasn’t sure what they would be going over today and she wanted to be prepared. Granted, whatever she didn’t have she was sure she could find at the library. But she knew her own collection like the back of her hand, giving her a bit of an advantage if they used her books. Before leaving her shabby apartment, she had grabbed a book on the different types of contracts one could make, another smaller one on forbidden jutsu, and several on ninjutsu.

Walking into the main sitting area for the library, she quickly scanned the room. At one table there was a group of genin, just three of them, probably studying for their next mission. At another table was a young girl sitting with what appeared to be her father who was reading to her. Besides those, there was only one other person. He looked about the age one would expect a tutor to be, but he was sitting alone. Ame expected there to be at least one other academy student interesting in the session, but if it was just her, she was fine with that too.

Cautiously, she approached the man. His hair was long and dark, shading the side of his face just slightly, and his eyes were squinted in concentration on the book he was reading. Upon close inspection, Ame noticed that it was a simple novel, one that probably had much of a story line considering how invested he was already.

Standing to the side, she gripped the strap of her bag with both hands, the fabric folding in on itself. “Um,” she started before clearing her voice, noticing how scratchy it sounded at first. “Are you Ookada Kaji-san?” She sincerely hoped that this was indeed the man she was looking for. She wasn’t sure what she would say if she had gotten the wrong person.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
By the time his fated company arrived, Kaji was lost within the world of Icha Icha, which was apparently a classic romance novel which ages ago. It was his usual kind of reading material, but the author had such a way with words that the story drew Kaji in. The book was bright orange, Kaji held it high to his face, and read with rosy cheeks until the sound of someone approaching caught his attention. A young kunoichi approached him and the small section he designated as their meeting spot. Kaji nervously closed the novel and set it aside, sure that he'd return to it later. Instead, he offered the girl his best attempt at a welcoming smile, which would come off as awkward, if anything. Kaji analyzed her assertively, as he did all of his pupils and the long game of perceiving and understand began. "Ah, hello... yes, that's me" he answered evenly. "And here I thought the afternoon was just going to be a waste."

At first glance, Ame resembled any average budding kunoichi to Kaji. He thought her to be naive and impressionable, though he had yet to hear her opinions of the world or the shinobi life. There was something to be treasured in all youth according to Kaji, and upon seeing Ame he corrected his posture and behavior, instantly taking his feet off of the table's edge. And once both of his riding boots planted firmly on the blue carpet floor, he arose from his seat, high up to a full standing pose. When standing, he became a living tower of strength and security, and his presence amplified when his height towered over his latest pupil. Outside of the classroom, he could afford to be kind and would keep a persistent smile unless something could manage to sour his mood somehow.

"You must be here for the tutoring" He presumed correctly upon noticing the hefty messenger bag Ame carried; he knew nothing but a stack of books or scrolls would make it sag so heavily over her shoulder. "How can I help you, today?" Kaji then offered Ame a customary eshaku bow, tilting his lean form forward at a fifteen-degree angle, respectfully welcome the young pupil. Expecting that the girl might have been intimidated by his precarious aura, Kaji made a welcoming suggestion. "I must admit that I'm more like a fill-in tutor for the day, but I used to teach at the Academy. Let's see, ice breaker... ice breaker... How about you tell me a little about yourself and your studies to get us started."

WC: 438

Chigokai Yuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaji was a lot taller than Ame expected. Once standing, he positively towered over her and, honesty, was a bit, intimidating, not that she would show it though. When asked what he could help with, she hesitate, still taken about by the man’s size.

“Oh! Um,” she started. Honestly, she wasn’t sure what exactly she would want help in. There was a lot that need improving and a lot that was up to level. “Well, what are your specialties?” hopefully, he could teach her whatever he knew. He seemed to be quite powerful, lots of experience.

Although admitting that he was just a fill-in tutor, he did say he used to teach at the academy. So at least he had some experience in helping in others learn. Having to be taught by someone with no desire to teach which just be a hindrance, and slow her down in her studies.

Opening her mouth, she prepared to answer his standard introductory questions. “Well, I do a lot of studying and reading by myself. I’ve been in an outside class before, with Shinobu-sensei. And I’ve been spending a lot of time with a student that just graduated. She’s been helping me with genjutsu lately,” she explained, her voice straight and monotone as she stated facts.

Thinking, she pulled out on the books she carried with her. Specifically, she grabbed her current read, the novel explaining about all the different kinds of contracts. She delicately placed the book on the table in front of them. She treated her books like the most precious things in the world. And to her, they were. So each one was treated with care when handling.

“This is what I’ve been looking into lately. We don’t really go over contracts that much in school so I thought I’d look into it myself,” she explained, surely, waiting for Kaji’s response.

[WC: 311] [TWC: 732]

Kensei Kao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kao had caught wind of a training session being held at the village's library earlier today and had packed lightly to take a trip there. He passed by many strangers on the way who had their thoughts diverted to their daily strife. Kao arrived to the library at the same time as another boy around his age did. They boy held the door for Kao and gestured his arms to go through the doorway. At first, Kao was timid of willingly giving his back to the stranger but sank a hard swallow of anxious rubbish as he nervously walked passed him with his head craned down.

Carefully, Kao tilted and swiveled his head to scan the area for a gathering out of the ordinary. He thought that a tutor or a student would stand out from the rest of the library's occupants as everyone else would be there for different reasons entirely. Majority of the filled spaces had groups of relaxed people sitting casually with each other which eliminated them as a tutor and student in Kao's mind. The behavior of a student meeting a tutor should show signs of nervousness or delusive composure.

Spotting two different beings in a distant nook, Kao assumed the taller male individual was the tutor he was to meet. The other had to be a student wanting to learn just as he did as she was placing books on the table next to them in a display-like fashion. Kao tread lightly as he took slow steps toward the two, not wanting to draw attention to himself or interrupt the girl's conversation with the tall male. Kao approached from behind the female student and stepped to the side with his hands overlapping each other behind his back. She had stopped speaking as if waiting for a response from the tutor so Kao remained silent while focusing on the tutor's physical response as well as verbal.

[WC: 320]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
His question was answered by another question, or so it goes. The aspiring kunoichi explained that she hadn't found a destined specialty as a shinobi yet, which was fine, and instead asked Kaji about his own set of skills. Trying to be modest, he found himself pausing, trying to narrow down his jack of all trades approach to which skills he depended upon most. "Well, I am a member of the ANBU, second division—and I tend to use a variety of skills, but I suppose my reputation has been built upon my swordsmanship if anything. People tend to underrate a working brain," he'd say the latter while tapping his index finger against his temple. "I believe my true specialty is balancing knowledge of several schools of Jutsu, and the ability to gain the upper hand against my opposition when the opportunity arrives."

And as Kaji's young acquaintance began to mention her curiosity towards summoning Jutsu, another prospect made a cautious approach towards their nook. This second student was a small lad who popped out from the Kunoichi's shadow and curiously observed their conversation. "Don't be shy, son," Kaji welcomed the second student. "You're just in time: we were about to get into some material." The sensei then offered this second student a mild, welcoming bow, and drifted back towards the table, where he took Ame's textbook on the summoning technique by hand. He cracked it open and began browsing absently while keeping a connection with the two pupils. "As I was saying when you found us... I'm Kaji, and we're going to take a look at summoning techniques for a bit." The textbook was then set aside, with Kaji sure that it wouldn't offer anything he hadn't already committed to memory. "So how about you two introduce yourselves," he insisted kindly."I'd like to know who I'm divulging my trade secrets for. Kek."

WC: 345

Chigokai Yuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ame was a bit taken aback when her tutor started talking to an unseen figure behind her. Turning around, she saw a boy that couldn’t be much older than her, and looking incredibly shy. It was almost as if he was trying to hide behind her. She found it a little bit odd, to be honest. No matter how shy you are, who tries to hide behind a stranger.

Not comfortable with the closeness of the new kid, she moved to the side, exposing him to the man in front of them.

She was shocked to find that their tutor was part of ANBU. She had heard how busy work was for them sometimes, and how dangerous their missions could get. Yet Kaji seemed perfectly fine.

Pushing the thoughts aside for now, she listed as he let them know what they were going to be going over before asking for an introduction. Ame sighed, she was never one to talk about herself. There wasn’t that much to tell, in all honestly. But these casual “My name is…” conversations seemed to pop up in every new class she went to.

Seeing how the newcomer wasn’t going to be speaking first, she gave in and said her part. “My name is Hayashi Ame. I’d like to learn all that you can teach me today,” she said politely and monotone, giving a bit of a bow. The bow was sharper than what she normally did, which usually just a curt nod of the head. But she had respect for the ANBU in front of her, and felt the need to show it if just a little.

She thought about bringing up her love of reading, the things she had learned already. But when it came to her books and scrolls, Ame had a tendency to just keep talking. It just so happened that long, drawn out conversation where not penciled into her agenda today. So she settled with a basic introduction.

Looking over at the boy, she observed him, waiting for him to speak. Despite already being irritated with him, that did nothing to satisfy the curiosity over the quiet child.

[WC: 358] [TWC: 1090]

Kensei Kao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kao hadn’t moved a muscle during Kaji’s speech on his plan’s for tutoring today. The girl who introduced herself as Ame had cleared the obscured view between Kaji and himself. Without turning his head, he glanced quickly to observer Ame’s physical expression before returning his gaze to Kaji. Seeing her eyelid’s draw slightly closer together and movement around her temple, Kao thought Ame was bothered by him. Kao didn’t understand what he had done but he accepted her response as he knows his social skills are nonexistent.
Kaji had asked his students to introduce themselves. Not wanting to mispresent a proper opening, Kao let Ame take the lead as she had already exchanged full sentences with Kaji. Ame gave a short introduction with minimal reasoning behind being here, giving Kao the impression that short and sweet is Kaji’s preference. Kao also noticed a hesitation in Ame before she fully rested herself after she finished as if she had more to say but held back for a reason.
On the outside, Kao was a statue of calming militant presence. He even blinked slower to help him observe more and controlled his breathing to focus in on details that he could miss otherwise. Kao hadn’t said more than a hundred words since he left his hometown. Giving an introduction of himself seemed drastic to Kao. For a few silent seconds, Kao repeated his introduction in his head, every syllable. This wasn’t the time to give an inadequate response, Kao had to show Kaji that he was serious about learning.
Kao observed Kaji’s positioning at the table. Not just calm but as if he were free of burden. Confident in the way he spoke but not with sternness, with charisma. Kao admired the way Kaji presented himself, even if it didn’t fit the picture of what Kao had in mind for a tutor. Without further delay, Kao cleared his throat softly before giving his introduction. “I am Kensei Kao, knowledgeable in Kenjutsu. Here to improve my arsenal of knowledge.” Kao spoke with no obstructions in his words and had a reverberating bass in his voice that is deeper than boys his age. After giving his formal introduction, Kao bowed towards Kaji, almost forming a perfect upside down “L”. Raising up, Kao resumed his statue stance with his legs spread shoulder width apart and hands folded behind his back.

[WC: 395]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaji kept his eyes trained upon his two students as they told him their names. He showed a little bit of intrigue and listened for the subtle hints of their characters as they recited their names. "Very good" he answered, with his hands poised at his hips in an authoritative stance. "Now let's see here; we are talking kuchiyose no jutsu." He briefly spoke the ancient name for the focus of their practice today; a lesson on the summoning technique. He then rolled back one of his sleeves, revealing a white band taped to his wrist, with a small summoning seal drawn on it with black ink. "The art of summoning is one of the cornerstone abilities a shinobi can possess—and is the ultimate ally of a shinobi who comes prepared. It is also the only time-space technique taught as common knowledge... Just about anything or anyone can be transported with it."

And as a demonstration, the instructor the performed a complicated series of hand gestures; hand seals that built and molded the chakra within in him into the focus of the summoning technique. Kaji pressed his left hand against the wrist bound in tape and triggered a sudden burst of interplanar steam, created in the process of punching a hole in space and time. Five, five-pronged shuriken emerged from the invisible vacuum and landed harmlessly in the flat of Kaji's open palm. "The core element of the summoning art is the pact, which is the foundation of the technique that decides how the summoning is performed. What I just performed was an item unsealing, which is the most basic form of summoning... an exercise in moving something from point A to B." As Kaji explained his technique in detail, he removed to books from the shelf and set them down on opposite sides of their table. He took the set of five shuriken and set them down on one book. "Item summoning seals work like two platforms that are created from a single place, and when the chakra between the identical seals are activated, they instantly converge across space, bringing the contents of platform A to platform B." Kaji then stacked the first book and shurikens on top of the second book, crossing the table instantly. "There is more than one way to perform item summonings, though. Some items and weaponry are enchanted, and capable of being summoning in a myriad of ways, using more advanced forms of movement to cross planes." As he lectured, he took the set of razor sharp shuriken, and began shuffling him between his hands like a deck of playing cards. "Hmm. Have either of you two attempted to perform the art of summoning, before?"

WC: 471

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Suddenly, the sound of a soft ringing pinged in Kaji’s ear. His train of thought mid-lecture fell off track when a transmission came through his earpiece. It appeared that his time for tutor Ame and Kao was shorter than expected. Kaji then raised up a hand with a flat palm facing forward. “Oh, hold it a second,” he said. “I’m sorry, but I just got a call on my comm-link… I got called in for a job; apparently, it’s some big deal, traveling out of the Land of Fire.” And just like that, the session was over before he even got to the good stuff. “Sorry kids, but I have to hightail it out of here. With any luck, we’ll see each other around another day, and I'll tell you all about summoning and what have you.”

Then Kaji made a hurried departure.​

- Leaving the Thread.
- I'll be happy to Roleplay with either of you again in the future.
Link up with me when you have time availability to RP again.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back