Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

We're Off To See the Wizard[Meeting with Shin]

Matsuno Hama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ten Minutes Prior said:
Switching the channels of his radio, Ryuujin pressed a hand to his ear and spoke quietly.

"Shin, have your receptionist and secretary informed that I'm arriving with an interested party. If you have time to spare, that is, meet me in the usual room"

Arriving, finally, at the Torre Celeste, Ryuujin tossed up the pocket watch from where it rolled amongst his knuckles and caught it, then replaced it within his pocket. He then pushed open a door and motioned for Ginjiro to follow. He gave a nod to the receptionist at the lower floor in greeting before continuing on up to one of the many offices the Raikage maintained, though this was the one that, as far as Ryuujin knew, he used most often for meetings and interviews. Again, a nod was given to the secretary as Ryuujin walked in, that ever present aura seeming almost disinterested in having that much of an effect; almost as if Ryuujin gave the Tower itself, if not the people in it, the respect it deserved.

Or, he was just in an extremely neutral mood.

Possibly.

He pushed open the door to the small room which could better be described as a chamber of sorts, considering it was partan in its furnishing, having but a simple desk and a few gathered chairs which could be rearranged if, and when necessary. Standing at the doorway, Ryuujin would pass a hand by, giving Ginjiro leave to enter, and indicating one of the many chairs in which he could sit.

"Shouldn't be long, kid. Have a seat." He said with a nod.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Following the suited man throughout the city was interesting, to say the least. Since all he had to do was follow the man here, he had time to think about what he wanted to say to the Raikage. The man who led him now had recommended that he impress the Hidden Cloud's leader, lest he turn the young man away immediately. The Ayatsuri had been thinking hard about how to do this, and he thought that he might have a plan. He'd have to see how everything went, though. As they walked through the still night, the young man could feel the whole village breathing as one. A peaceful calm always engulfed a village when the sun disappears below the horizon, and this one was no different. Little more than a mouse stirred at this time, and so the young man and the suited man arrived at their destination without any delay. The suited man held a door open for the Ayatsuri to enter through, which the young man greatly appreciated. They were in a building that was suited to business, no doubt. Perhaps it was some sort of office building? Was this where the village's papers were processed and handled? Maybe? All the young man knew was that they were being let into the place. Oh, another thing the young man knew: this suited man was giving off less of an aura now. It was rather refreshing, actually, as it meant that Ginjiro could relax a bit. It wan't exactly draining, but it was certainly annoying and a hassle to defend off his powerfully dark aura. Well, whatever. Ginjiro figured that he'd enjoy it while it lasted.

Continuing to follow the suited man, Ginjiro followed him up the stairs into a meeting room that looked just like all the other ones. The only difference that Ginjiro could see was that this room seemed to have a bit less dust. Was this the popular room? Either way, the suited man motioned for Ginjiro to sit on one of these available chairs. Smirking a little, Ginjiro would respond as he planted his butt down in a seat. "Yes, sir. If only all orders were that easy! Then again, if that were true, we'd both be out of a job, huh?" Just a funny little observation. The young man didn't mean anything by it. Anyways, the real event was when this man who was the Raikage would make himself known. Though, it's always possible that Ginjiro had already met him? The young man wasn't really sure. For now, he'd assume he hadn't met him and move on. Sitting down with crossed legs, the young man made it a point to look confident, but not cocky, about himself. He would wait, until either the Raikage sat themselves down or the suited man told Ginjiro that that was enough. So far, it seemed as if he hadn't had enough. Guess Ginjiro's gonna wait for the Raikage to show up, huh? Crossing his arms as well, the young man waited patiently for the Raikage to appear.

[ooc]
Not my best post, as I'm quite tired right now. Still, wanted to get something out. If something is really messed up, and I didn't notice because my eyes are half-closed, send me a PM and I'll fix it.

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
His stride was peaceful and noticeably graceful. It was like Yuuto was walking on air as he moved, sliding one foot before the other. He was simply following any hint of darkness that he felt. Ryuujin made it easy, or rather he didn't have a choice. With his presence chilling those around him or trying to, it was always something that would be around. A contingency would have to be made for such a thing, however for now he just needed to focus.

Upon reaching the tower the Anbu waltzed in heading for the receptionist. She looked slightly uncomfortable. It must have been something air. He'd make his way to her waving before reaching the woman. "Greetings, can you tell me where a man in a white suit and a man with a metal arm went off to? It's a matter of gate security." Yuuto would talk calmly while pulling out his passport to verify his identity, although his hair was black and in the picture it was white. She'd eye both images accepting him and then instructing directions to Ryuujin's location. She didn't know the exact room he was taking but she knew the floor.

The aura was weaker than when it was inside almost as if Ryuujin did have control over it. "Doubtful that he thinks another watchful gate guard is going to appear. Maybe he just exudes it when he goes out on patrol or call. Either that or he has no say so about how that chill goes off. Maybe it's more like a defense mechanism. Well maybe I'll be able to catch a faint trace of it." he said in his mind casually searching through the halls, trying to catch a glint of that dark power. When he finally caught a trace, the door was only a few feet away. He had to be relatively close, the entire presence of Ryuujin was interesting in itself. This feeling was much like Akkuma's and Uza's. Was he something from another dimensions? Did he also draw on a similar place of power as the Primordials? This would be interesting information for Titan if he could get down to it.

Yuuto would refocus himself knocking on the door and waiting five seconds before opening it. He took a quick look around the room assessing the style of room and in case anything broke out how he could respond. "I hope you don't mind. I'm keeping up with my records for the Gates or at least trying to when I can." He'd say, while pulling a chair from the corner of the room before sitting himself closer to them. A small notepad with the words, "Handy Dandy Notebook" would be brought out with a blue ballpoint pen as he got himself ready. When all the tinkering was done Yuuto could finally make time to introduce himself though one may already have a good idea about his identity. Though the look in his face was so stagnant and his voice was straight to business without much room for general conversation. Not to mention his hair was black now even though Ryuujin never did see under the mask in person Shin sure had blurted out his normal name.

"Forgive me, I almost forgot to introduce myself." He'd stand up and extend his hand to Ginjiro, using the opposite of the man's metal arm, to try and force an exchange. He wanted to touch the material and gather some finer details on the prosthetic. "My name is Masaru Yuuto, of Kumogakure and who are you?" He'd wait for the name before sitting down. "Welcome to Kumogakure I was surprised you got in. How long did it take you to make it her-" He'd stop midway and turn his head to Ryuujin. "Sorry I'm trying to pick up the slack of the last Gate Captain. So I'm building personal dossiers on people who are let through that I know of." The Veteran Sennin might have heard form the Main Branch Hikari, that Yuuto was seeking to fill that void. Hopefully their wouldn't be any ego waving and they could conduct themselves civilly until Shin came along.

[MFT]
[Hello People - Just here to observe and stuff]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was only a couple of hours since Hitomi had posted the changes to the gate policy and before he knew it another refugee had appeared into the village. Shin was unaware of who was this interested party Ryuujin had mentioned Shin had to check it out. "Shin, have your receptionist and secretary informed that I'm arriving with an interested party. If you have time to spare, that is, meet me in the usual room"

"Yes give me a few moments, I am about to finish with a potential client." Shin responded.

Twenty minutes later, Shin had entered into the conference room discovering Yuuto-san and Ryuujin-senpai socializing with a young boy with shaggy brown hair and a prosthetic arm that reflected against Shin's tinted green glasses.

"I am the eight raikage, Hayata Shin. What brings you here to this village?" Shin inquired as he presented the young boy his hand of greeting.

Matsuno Hama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The barest of smirks in reply to the joke, a single shoulder lifted in a shrug.

"I make my orders easy to follow. It's the people they're given to that make them hard." He grinned a little more and seemed about to say something else when Yuuto walked in. Stepping aside toallow him easier entry, Ryuujin's expression became flat, not quite stoic but unreadable for the duration of time it took Yuuto to find a seat in the otherwise mostly empty conference room. Nostrils flaring slightly as he inhaled, he brought a hand up to wipe at his face in what seemed to be a reassuring gesture while exhaling. His left hand came up, and from within a coat pocket he withdrew a pack of cigarettes. Lightly smacking the pack of cigs against his shoulder, the butt of one popped out, separate from the others and it was this one he put between his lips. After replacing the pack within his coat, he'd flick his index and thumb out, pointing at the end of his cigarette which soon began to ember as he focused heat through his aura upon that spot. Inhaling, he'd listen as Yuuto spoke briefly to Ginjiro, and exhale the smoke in twin streams from his nostrils as that attention was turned towards him.

"Mm." He murmured at first, then pulled the cigarette from his lips, a portion of his aura seeming to manifest beside him, shadowy whispers of thin tendrils sprouting from the ground, tied to his shadow, before ending in a cup-shape which he tapped the excess ashes into.

"As per our usual standards, a report was filed and sent along to the ANBU headquarters as well as my own office. Being ANBU yourself, you'd need only find that report, or ask for it." He shrugged a little, eyes narrowed for the briefest of moments as he thought for a moment. Then, another shrug as he took a drag once more and held it. This time, however, he put the cigarette out within the raised cup, which then collapsed in on itself and seemed to consume the cigarette and ashes before being consumed back into Ryuujin's being once more. Just in time for Shin to arrive. He opened his mouth for a moment, then remembered. Sticking his head out the doorway, he'd exhale that fume of smoke he'd held built up before turning to face Shin.

"Now now, sir. Allow me to be a proper host. This is Ayatsuri Ginjiro, and he's come to our village seeking knoweledge. However, on our way here, after going through the proper procedure, I heard about your decision." He paused a moment and looked at Ginjiro, before looking back to Shin. It was then, that demonic smirk appeared upon his features as he relaxed both hands before him, mischievous glint to tyo eyes.

"I haven't asked his stance on joining yet. I felt it prudent to let you strike a deal." That grin spread a little more as he shut the door behind him to deny the ability to freely enter to anyone else who hadn't done so already. As if to reinforce this, he stood in the way of the door open, at a relaxed attention.

What was it with Demon's and deals? Especially if they involved contracts.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Had Ginjiro tripped some sort of alarm or something? What was with all of these people who seemed to flock towards him, no matter where he went? The young man shouldn't have surprised, he supposed, since he was an unknown man entering into a shinobi village. Bad things could happen when you did that, though Ginjiro wasn't one to perpetuate stereotypes. Another man had entered the room, and had sat himself down across from Ginjiro. From his brief explanation of why he was there, the man seemed to be a shinobi tasked with defending the gates of this village. Was he the man from before that the young man had sensed in the darkness? Ginjiro couldn't be sure, but he was cautious either way. The man extended a hand to shake Ginjiro's as he introduced himself as Masaru Yuuto. Give the man a curious look, Ginjiro smirked a little as he spoke back. "Yuuto, huh? You may call me Ginjiro." As for the extended hand, Ginjiro wasn't sure what to make of it. Why was he being so friendly to one whom, by all rights, he ought to be treating with indifference and mistrust? Ginjiro knew that if an outsider had come to the Hidden Leaf, and requested to meet with the Hokage, he certainly wouldn't be bothering with pleasantries. This was business, not an informal meet and greet. So why the insistence on shaking his hand? More importantly, why his prosthetic hand? Ginjiro thought he saw his game, so he tried to work around this man's movements. Extending his other hand, Ginjiro gave Yuuto his other hand—his normal hand—while sporting an apologetic look. "Pleasure to meet you. I'm sorry, but this prosthetic isn't quite as graceful as I'd like it to be. I hope you don't mind."

The Ayatsuri was instantly relieved with his decision. Dossiers, huh? Was he trying to build up information on all of those who passed through these gates? Ginjiro had nothing to hide, but he didn't exactly like the idea of someone keeping a record of everything that he did or was. It seemed unsettling. Furthermore, Ginjiro could gleam from the suited man's words that this Yuuto was an ANBU—he must have been up to something. Ginjiro would watch this man for a while, in case he did anything really dumb. However, it seemed as if the main event was starting now. It didn't take long for another man to walk into the room, greeting himself instantly as the Eighth Raikage, Hayata Shin. Ginjiro hadn't expected things to move this quickly, though he was glad they were. When the Raikage extended his hand to Ginjiro, he thought he'd keep up the act he'd given Yuuto. Extending his biological hand, the young man made it a point to try and show off his prosthetic as a sort of clumsy replacement. Maybe it would illicit some pity from them that could help him. "It is a great honor to meet you, Raikage. Thank you very much for this meeting." Ginjiro was about to continue and answer the Raikage's question, when the suited man seemed it pertinent to interject. He introduced Ginjiro for him, and furthermore explained to the Raikage of his purpose here. Well, that was one way of being introduced. As the young man continued to listen to his words, though, some things seemed to raise some internal alarms. What decision had the Raikage made? Why would a deal be struck, pertaining to the young man's joining? Joining of the village? Furthermore, the suited man moved to shut the door and plant himself in front of it. While this did produce the effect of not letting anyone else in, it also served to not let anyone else out. Ginjiro didn't like this, not one bit. Something about this felt off.

Turning to address the Raikage directly, Ginjiro's voice was steady, calm, and respectful. "Lord Raikage, what he says is true. I have come for knowledge, for I have heard your people to be most tolerant and gracious about the right of men to seek such knowledge. I only ask that you hear me out, so I may explain my position as an outsider requesting this knowledge." Ginjiro thought he'd done rather well. He was gracious, but not a beggar. He was polite, but not subservient. He was confident, but not cocky. Ginjiro was a man, asking for the grace of another man. Nothing more, and nothing less. It would be up to this Hayata Shin to determine if that was enough.

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It would seem that Ginjiro was once again pushing his way of defiance. Yuuto would smile and switch hands as the shake didn't matter. One way or another he'd figure out the skill set and what that arm was. Last they needed was a raging lunatic with a "prosthetic". If he kept trying to be hidden when seeking mutual help, then he'd be at a loss unless Shin bent. If it had been him who got there and not those two dolts he'd have sent this man packing already. Would have taken a formal request and brought it up to the Kage but none the less would have told him Cloud is not letting in unknown parties. This is what happened when you let one person twist the rules though, chalk it up to his gifted title.

He'd chuckle as Ryuujin called him out as an Anbu in front of the stranger. "Well if I were an Anbu my cover just got blown out of the water. Pretty useless system if you ask me because no one who knew the Anbu's identity due to a slipped tongue should be giving it to an outsider." He didn't even look towards the Vet Sennin. It felt as though Ryuujin was trying to talk down and be superior, but he made a blunder. More than likely the man would dismiss it as unimportant to diminish his mistake. He could only guess that someone like Shin must have blabbed about his identity. Ayumu wouldn't make a mistake like that, and Hayata had done it before. Likely the Veteran Sennin would make a case about this, try to bark, but he'd get no bowing from Yuuto. As far as he was concerned his superiors could be on fire, and he wouldn't piss on it to put them out.

Shin would walk into the room shortly after that ending any potential argument that could have happened. It would be silly to continue the confrontation in front of a visitor. Plus Ryuujin could talk about disrespect but an Anbu's identity was sacred as the village had it now. To just give out that kind of information like that was on some level disrespectful. Regardless Yuu would turn his attention to, Shin and lightly nod his head. he'd then prepare to take down notes as the scenario rose.

• Anbu identity compromised may need a new one. In other news need to abolish the Anbu Secret Identities so these situations won't be an issue any longer.
  • Nara Ryuujin calls this man by Ayatsuri Ginjiro, he's seeking knowledge, what kind of knowledge has yet to be determined. Considering all that Cloud's been through seems to be a bad decision to let more people in when we've barely secured ourselves. Bad form, in my opinion.
  • He speaks of a deal, past experience with these foreigners and deals always blows up in our face
  • Ginjiro's prosthetic seems to be "difficult", however he has yet to fully show us it's contents. Needs to be searched for weapons or toxins. Rude as it may be we have a village to worry about not someone's feelings.
  • Seeking Knowledge but we do not know what that is yet. Seems he wants to be heard out, but if Shin came then that process has already begun.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Likewise. Its not an issue, in fact the craftsmanship is rather remarkable. I would like to know your blacksmith at another time." Shin said as he let go of the man's natural hand. It was strange that the boy did not seek to use his dominate hand; the hand that was covered in metal, perhaps the boy felt it necessary for the raikage to feel real flesh. Regardless, there was no mistake the history that surrounded that hand.

Ginjiro was about to explain his reasoning for sanctioning the meeting but was tersely interrupted by Ryuujin who provided a brief summary. Ginjiro responded affirming everything the sennin had said

"Lord Raikage, what he says is true. I have come for knowledge, for I have heard your people to be most tolerant and gracious about the right of men to seek such knowledge. I only ask that you hear me out, so I may explain my position as an outsider requesting this knowledge."

"I see. Where have you learned this Ginjiro-san. Currently, the village is not accepting any applicants to our college at this time." Shin glanced at the man's prosthetic hand. "I can that arm of yours has material that you wouldn't see in the common public -- perhaps you were previously enlisted in a military?"

Matsuno Hama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuujin only smirked in response to what Yuuto mentioned about his cover; he's here under his own name, and not his alias. While his job was revealed, his actual identity when under the mask was still hidden. Besides, Ryuujin had mentioned ANBU by name when they were out of uniform plenty of times, back in the day; he hated the ultra-secretive status of ANBU, and the fact that it created a barrier between the trust that was supposed to exist between branches.

As Shin began to question Ginjiro, Ryuujin thought about interjecting again. However, at this point, he didn't really need to say much, or add anything that Ginjiro himself couldn't do. Thus, he remained quiet, standing by the door almost lazily, and simply observed what was happening.

He even pondered retrieving the used cigarette from his pocket, where it had been placed when the shadow-essence of his demonic form withdrew back into him...

Wait. That means he'd put the ashes into that pocket as well, huh?

Oh well.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As the suited man and Yuuto began to talk among each other, Ginjiro would hone in on what the Raikage was saying. The other men's conversation meant little to nothing to Ginjiro, as it merely pertained to their village's personnel things. He could care less about that. The Raikage's words were all he cared about. His goal, being here in this village, was to convince this man, Hayata Shin, to trust the words that Ginjiro said to him as being true. After all, they were—many people wouldn't trust a village-less shinobi, though. It was Ginjiro's duty to convince them otherwise. The topic was started off with conversation about his arm, which seemed to be the center of attention for all the people in this village. Perhaps they were not yet proficient with the making of prosthetic limbs? Ginjiro was beginning to sense that a trade would be in order: the knowledge of his arm for their knowledge of Kinjutsu. If Ginjiro could help it, he'd rather not have that happen. If it was unavoidable, though, he'd have to figure out what to do. Smiling at the Raikage, Ginjiro looked down at his arm a little sadly. "Yes, it is a fine arm. I can't say I don't miss my own flesh and blood, though. Still, this arm has served me since before the collapse of Leaf City—I suppose I shouldn't complain too much."

Hayata Shin began to dig deeper into the issue, as he should. There were many things that they'd need answering before they would even consider giving the Ayatsuri the knowledge he sought. That was fine, Ginjiro was able to answer questions. Some he disliked answering more than others, but the Ayatsuri would live. He was steadfast in his desire to obtain his goal here. "People speak, even in far away lands, of the knowledge of the shinobi of Kumogakure. They speak of its knowledge of the highest magnitude of shinobi arts, and of its openness of such knowledge. I came here because of those stories and tales." Glancing between the two Kumogakure shinobi and the Raikage that had congregated with him in this room, the young man was starting to think these words were a little off. "Have I perhaps misheard the stories?" Ginjiro was honestly quite surprised. He should have realized something was off with his information when he was having that drink at the bar. The way those two reacted should have been enough to tip him off; however, never underestimate how dense Ginjiro of the Leaf could be! Perhaps he shouldn't be so proud of that, though. "I mentioned it a moment ago, but I never properly said it: I was once a shinobi of the Leaf. I served my village loyally until the day it went up in smoke. Should the day come that it was ever opened again to the world of shinobi, I would immediately head back to those magnificent gates." Ginjiro's emotions were true. He lamented the loss of his beloved village, just as he was sure any of the shinobi in this room would lament the loss of their own homes. Ginjiro hoped they would understand that he was village-less not out of a desire to be so, but rather out of circumstance. He didn't ask to lose his home, nor did he ask to have to wander, village to village, in search of a warm bed, food, and hospitality. Still, one plays the cards dealt to them.

There was more to this, though. As he stared off into space, thinking about his lost home, the young man would continue speaking. "I say that I would return immediately, but that's not quite accurate. Rather, it should be that I can't return. Lord Raikage, this arm of mine isn't the result of battle or infection. This arm is a symbol of my struggle." Ginjiro was now looking the Raikage dead on. His eyes were very serious, and they held back a certain pain. The young man was hoping that old saying about them being windows was true. "Right before Leaf City fell, a man named Ayatsuri Katsu managed to gain access into the village. He was a Leaf Shinobi, who was thought to have been dead for almost a decade. During the night, he murdered the leader of the Ayatsuri Clan, one of the oldest and most powerful clans in all of Leaf City. This man has since subjugated the entirety of the Ayatsuri Clan, for who knows what motive?" Ginjiro's jaw was clenching tightly, his teeth about ready to start scraping against each other. Both of his arms were crossed, his hands gripping them tightly in frustration. He was fighting to hold back all of his anger. "That man, my brother, cut off my arm with a single swipe of a kunai for trying to oppose him. I managed to live, just barely, at nothing more than his mercy. He isn't human, Lord Raikage, and I mean that in the most literal sense." The Ayatsuri had to calm himself, his voice had been getting progressively more heated as he spoke. If this kept up, he would end up shouting at the leader of the Hidden Cloud. That would not go over too well. Taking a few breaths, the Ayatsuri unfolded his arms to try and relax himself. He needed to be composed. "Before entering into your village, I spoke with one of your shinobi—he introduced himself as Keiji—at a tavern just outside your gates. I asked him the same question I'm about to ask you. His response was that, while he did have the knowledge I sought, I would have to request it from you, Lord Raikage. He said he'd be violating the rules of your village if he told me without your approval." Here was the big moment. Ginjiro had traveled so long for this. He had been so patient with it all. He'd done all he could to gain the Raikage's trust, and he could only hope that he'd succeeded. This was the moment of truth. It was to happen now, or not at all. Ginjiro was ready to know the answer. "Lord Raikage, I have come to your village seeking the knowledge of the Art of Hitokugutsu, the secret technique by which a person is able to turn themselves into a living puppet. I believe my brother, Ayatsuri Katsu, has somehow unraveled the secrets of this technique, and has applied that knowledge to himself. I intend to use the knowledge of this technique to bring down my brother and save the people of my clan from his subjugation. Lord Raikage, will you share with me the secrets of this Kinjutsu?"

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a moving story not simply in vauge subjective matter, but rather Shin understood this personally. However, Shin was convinced that seeking this power will only bring ruin. Shin looked at the boy's eyes sensing his tense desperation He could not imagine how far this boy would travel just to gain access to books that may not even help him. In fact, it was rather odd that he sought after Kumogakure for this knowledge and not any other village.

"I will have to decline your request. I can provide you resources to properly understand the physiology and psychological process but I cannot provide you the procedures in altering your body not in good conscious. You of all people should understand why. Also, I am curious as to where you heard about this about Kumogakure, especially in fire country where we have very little interaction with."

"Once you have been given what you need I will need to ask you to leave. I can provide you proper lodging within the country amd if need be a modest sum of funds. Are there any questions?"

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ginjiro began his speech while Yuuto continued writing his notes.
  • Shin's questioning if he's in the military. May be curious to know if Konoha is mobilizing their forces. It'd be a good thing to look into just to be safe or build an alliance.
  • He keeps saying that Kumo is open to give knowledge however his information almost seems to specific.
  • Confirmed Leaf shinobi, the Leaf Village fell to circumstances still slightly unclear. May be time to send a search party or go myself.
  • Ginjiro's brother killed the Clan Head (tragic) and amputated him.
  • A Keiji told him that there was an existing knowledge in the village but could not be given out. Not a smart decision it's basically goading Ginjiro, but not of any consequence. (Hopefully)
  • This man wants to turn himself into a Puppet? What on earth is wrong with him. He's basically following the footsteps of his brother to kill him and what happens when he completes his goal?
  • The Art of Hitokugutsu [Living Puppet] Kinjutsu, needs to be researched further.

Yuuto shook his head in disbelief. On the outside he looked like he was completely in shock and confused. Almost as if annoyed by Ginjiro's words. However in his head he was smiling uncontrollably. Mentally he was cheesing so hard his brain probably had laugh lines and dimples. Ginjiro, was a perfect candidate for his goals. Yuuto was sure if need be he could offer the man the assistance he sought, not the living puppet part, but physically help him defeat his brother. After all two puppeteers were better than one.

Shin unexpectedly told this man no. While it did not make up for the rest of what happened he could nod in agreeance with this decision. It was even more comforting for the Raikage to be seeking out a lead to how this leak got out there. It was bad enough that the watch list for harvesting was floating around not that Shin would know about that, but they could always try to place Daisuke's office to something here. Regardless of any future accusations he could assess the situation for what it was. Now there was only the response to see what Ginjiro would make of Shin's decisions and if he would give up the source of his info.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Ginjiro's first reaction was shock. He didn't quite know how to respond to the man's words. However, as he listened more to what the Raikage had to say, Ginjiro became more confused than anything. What was he saying? It took the young man a moment, but he suddenly realized that this man thought that Ginjiro had the intention of altering his own body with this knowledge! Ginjiro let out an internal chuckle as he turned to the man with the glasses. "Lord Raikage, I think there's been some sort of miscommunication. I have no intention of using this knowledge on myself. I couldn't do that. If I did, I'd be stooping down to my brother's level. That would defeat the point!" Ginjiro was a man of principles. He had his honor, his dignity, and his sense of justice. If he were to abandon those, then what would be left of Ginjiro? Kagemaru told him once that this world was full of deceit, lies, and underhanded tricks—morals had no place in the world of shinobi. If one was to be a good shinobi, they would kill their emotions and perform whatever needed to be done to succeed in the mission. Ginjiro couldn't believe that. Not yet, anyways. "I appreciate you being willing to share your knowledge of the physiological and psychological effects of this technique, but I'm not sure that's going to be enough. I need this knowledge so that I can know his weak points." When he said 'his', the young man was obviously referring to his brother. "I can't stress enough that this man is dangerous. He's an expert level puppeteer, if not higher. He's figured out this technique, on his own, and could very well be using some sort of trick of the jutsu to eliminate his own weaknesses. Unless I can understand exactly how his body works, operates, and even exists, I will have no chance at beating him." Ginjiro's expression was one of calm, but also of steely determination. It was a look that said "no matter what you throw at me, I will endure it". Ginjiro was a rock, being battered down by the ocean. It would take a lot more than a few simple waves to batter him down. It would take a lifetime of unrelenting force to make him surrender.

The subject at hand, however, was not merely about the young man's request about knowledge. There was another caveat: where had the young man gotten the idea that Kumogakure was accepting to begin with? Ginjiro blinked a few times after hearing the man's words, as there was another something that seemed to be bothering the young man. "I have just come from Iwagakure, where there was not a scrap of information on this topic. Word spreads to the other nations of Kumogakure's might and knowledge. I had heard your village to be quite progressive, so I had assumed..." Ginjiro's voice trailed off. He was beginning to think that the information he'd heard might be off. The tightened security at their gates, among other things, should have been clear enough indication of that, though. Still, one more thing seemed to be bothering the young man. "Lord Raikage, I don't think you understand my conviction in this. You're telling me to just leave, and honestly expecting me to just go? I'm sorry, but I simply can't do that. I'm not a violent person, and I don't mean to insinuate that I am to do anything drastic. That is not who I am at all." Ginjiro had to be diplomatic here. He wanted to explain his position while also being a gracious guest. Maybe that couldn't be done, though? "I merely wish to say that I don't plan on going anywhere. This information is incredibly vital to me, and I'm not leaving without it. I've come too far." He had to think. This had to get steered towards a direction that he was more comfortable with. Everyone wants something. Ginjiro just had to find out what this man wanted more than secrecy. "There must be some sort of deal, trade, bargain, or something that can be made! There must be something that you, Lord Raikage, want? What is it there that I can offer that would be worth this knowledge?"

[ooc]
Editing in this little bit so I can say that Ginjiro is getting his information from faceless NPCs. I had been told before that Cloud was open about its Kinjutsu, so I had assumed it was public knowledge. If this is not the case, then please message me so that we can try to figure something out. My apologies if I've messed this up, as I've certainly not been trying to meta-game.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There had been some confusion as to what the boy was going to use this knowledge for as he vehemently argued that he only required what was necessary to stop his brother and not to gain higher power. Even though Shin was willing to provide him some adequate literature, the boy continued to remain distraught believing that his request was denied than accepted.

"Believe me Ginjiro-san I understand your issue as I have experienced it before and be assure that the information that you will be given will be enough to satisfy your inquiries. Also, I am not requesting you to leave the village out of spite but to adhere to the current law that has been set forth. I don't blame you but I must assure the safety of the village first before I can help any other." Shin responded. Shin reached for his ear as he activated his hidden headset. The hissing sound of static could be heard before Shin spoke into it. "I am calling Bibliotheca Conscientiae I require a verbose copy of the Living Puppet and the Wooden Mind with an authorization seal by the next coming hour."

"Is there any other pressing matters that you have with me. If not I will provide you an escort for this coming hour."

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"For fuck's sake...." He would say out loud and plain as day. Shin who had resolve about not giving this person secrets suddenly reneged after the man pretty much threatened him, but claimed he wasn't. People who weren't making threats didn't have to make that clear. If it was seen as one you'd usually get asked if it was a threat. He could not believe how easily the Raikage had just folded. He stood from his seat, his fist trembling as he struggled to put his notebook back in his jacket. He was boiling with anger, and would do his best not to make a scene. The tired shinobi would walk to the door, gently opening it and then letting it follow him slowly closing on his way out the door. Outside the room he'd take a few breaths, the rage literally choking him. Thoughts began to rush through his head, like little voices telling him what to do. The sliver spire would release itself from the holster crashing into the wall making a cracked dent into it. Pissed could not describe what was going through his feelings.

[Attempting to leave Topic]

[If successfully left]
"Calm down Yuuto.. Calm down. Keep any bit of cool you have left inside of you. This is crunch time, and the game has only just begun.... But does it matter?" He stopped pacing back and forth and really had to think about things. What exactly was the point of not being vocal anymore? Hayata Shin wouldn't dare attack the civilians. However at best he'd try to have Yuuto arrested. Maybe it was time to stop holding it in and skulking in the shadows. He had found out all he needed, and he had done all that he could to figure out what to believe in. This man sitting in there on his pedestal was not the answer. These over-privileged bitches would not run him or the people any longer. I've shown you all opposition. I've made you sweat. I've flustered you beyond doubt. When I break your safety blanket and leave you speechless, you will know it was me Yuuto. I will end you. His thoughts now focused, and his mind fixated on the end. This was the apex of the Kumogakurian Rebellion.

[Topic Left]

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The young man couldn't believe his ears. What had started out sounding like he was going to be denied of his request, turned out to be a situation where the Raikage was going to hand over the knowledge that Ginjiro had requested. As it turns out, the Raikage's request for the young man to leave was mostly due to formalities—it had to look like the Raikage was sending the young man away for his image. The Raikage was willing to give the information that Ginjiro needed, but Ginjiro had to give him the appearance of doing what was right by the village. It was rather sneaky, and a tad underhanded—the young man wasn't sure whether he liked that, but it did get him the knowledge that he wanted. The young man decided that he'd go along with it, for now. It wasn't polite to look a gift horse in the mouth, after all. "I appreciate it very much, Lord Raikage. I will respect your wishes, and retire to an inn outside of your village. I shall have to stay long enough to read, and transcribe, this information. After that, however, I shall be on my way." It seems that, despite being a subordinate of the leader of the Village Hidden in the Clouds, the shinobi who called himself Yuuto was rather aggravated over the decision being made. Storming out of the room after declaring his distaste for this change in events with a single four letter word, Yuuto didn't seem to care for Hayata Shin's handling of the situation at all. Ginjiro was starting to think there might be dissension among the ranks. Hopefully nothing drastic would be going on while he was there. Shrugging off the situation in his head, Ginjiro turned to speak to Hayata Shin again. "Well, seems as if you've got a fan. Anyways, there was one other thing that I was hoping would be possible. This shinobi I mentioned to you earlier, Keiji—I was hoping that I might be able to see him again and learn about Human Puppetry from him? It suits me a lot more to actually talk with someone regarding the issue, you know? Books are nice, but there's only so much they can provide." He hoped he wasn't overstepping his bounds, but seeing as how the Raikage was already doing so much for the young man he wasn't sure that this would be too much to ask.

Noting that the meeting here was seeming to end, Ginjiro bowed his head for the leader of this village. "Thank you very much for hearing me out, Lord Raikage. I really do appreciate your generosity. If this is the end of our meeting, then I shall let you get back to your own schedule. I assume that this man will continue to be my escort? " Ginjiro was referring to the suited man who was guarding the door. "Other than that, I suppose I should wait at the inn until either the scroll or Keiji arrives? With your permission, I shall make my leave." If that was, in fact, all that was left, then the young man would make his leave then. If not, Ginjiro would happily listen to anything else that the Raikage might have to add. Ginjiro was willing to be patient longer, if that's what needed to happen.

[ooc]
Leaving Topic with Shin's permission.

Matsuno Hama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Standing at the door, he listened quietly to the conversation. Hands clasped lazily before him, he paid attention as Shin explained first that he would give Ginjiro the information he needed on the end result of the procedure, but not the process involved in attaining that result. A slight smirk touched his features when he heard Ginjiro's passionate, pseudo-aggressive plea, and that smirk spread into a half-grin when Shin reasserted what he had said before. That grin froze for a moment when Yuuto, a middling ANBU had a disrespectful outburst, and got up to leave. Raising a single brow, Ryuujin stepped aside to let him leave, but gave Shin an appraising look while they finished up their conversation.

Now, it was a little insulting to be referred to as if he wasn't here, but he didn't really care; he'd been standing silent for so long he almost forgot he could speak.

Holding the door open, Ryuujin would pause a moment, knowing Shin might have more to say, though he did add in his own piece of information.

"Have the Library," He refused to use the mouthful of a name it had, "Prepare those documents for me to pick up, and I'll take Ginjiro there, then continue to act as host while he's still in the village."

He made a mental note to talk to Ayumu the next time he saw him about the Sennin needing to have a dressing-down of his ANBU. This was the second one that acted without the discipline that should have been required to get into the branch, let alone continue to be one.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuuto was not pleased with Shin's response as he became enraged, leaving the raikage and sennin alone with their visitor or in his mind an enemy. It was an intolerable action that Shin had to deal with more times than one. It was more obvious when an outsider like Hoshikata had addressed this issue with him. Shin was not overly concern with everyone's reaction to his decision such things were expected. However, it did make explanation difficult to deal with.

Ryuujin and Shin glanced at each other trying to read each others reaction to one another. Ginjiro did not take much of it remaining indifferent as he continue to speak.

"That is very much true but I would not suggest your motivation in speaking with Keiji-san be merely about gaining information about Hitokugutsu. Besides, you won't have enough time. Trust me Ginjiro-san, the books that I will provide will be sufficient." Shin said.

Ryuujin began to open the door as he anticipated that the end of the meeting. Ryuujin offered the take Ginjiro to Bibliotheca Conscientiae.

"Very well. I will notify you when the literature have been copied." Shin said then turned toward Ginjiro. "Ryuujin-sama would direct you to the library. As you wait I would like for you follow me to a near by ramen shop I would like to more about Konohagakure no Sato."

[[Leaving Topic w/ Ryuujin and Ginjiro]]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back