Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Wet as a Dog! [Genin Exam]

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
bKj2hvI.gif

Pouncing from water gathering to its opposing brethren, Mikio unleashes a not so terrifying series of barks - tilting his petite maw upwards to lap at the downpour. Muffled footsteps approach, causing the young pup to swirl about, matted fur not bothering the playful pooch, "Mikasa!" he exclaims, tail swaying to and fro. Kneeling forward an umbrella is outstretched, coral in hue, canvases the duo for their reunion, "Mikio-kun, I am glad that you agreed to play with the students today. I am not sure what I would have done without you." the Sennin admits, borrowing an aid from the Canine contract she is apart of.

"Shame it has to rain on a day where one aims to break into the beginnings of the shinobi world." Mikasa comments with a faint sigh, fingertips extending outwards to flaunt against the tears of Mother Nature. "I love the rain! Its fun to play in!" the pooch barks, in the most convincing manner that a child could muster; ironically enough the medical kunoichi unable to disagree with the sentiment, "Hard to argue that!" she retorts with a spreading grin. No further words would be needed, the pair head towards the midst of the Red Oak District, plentiful aromas beg to be noticed and indulged on. Unfortunately the maiden would resist the temptations, the pooch not so reluctant to do so, requiring the kunoichi to steer him towards the destination. "Not to worry, I'll make sure you eat until you are full when the day is done." she murmurs, resulting in an excited yip.

In the midst of the distract a bench with an overhanging is the only dry spot, the umbrella folding in as the duo take a seat to witness nature continue blessing the lands with much needed rain. Reaching into her medical overcoat, two headbands are withdrawn and snug around the frame of Mikio, "I am two shinobi in one!" he proclaims, wagging his tail excitedly one more, a vibrant laugh attempts to overtake the sounds of the pitter pattering. "I suppose its not so a bad day to rain, after all." she whispers, scratching behind the ear of the pup.​

Naragaki Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Start Before Reading

Sora sat on a rooftop alcove under an awning, listening to the sounds of the rain storm dance all around him, as he practiced his Shakuhachi. Now that he knew he had an ability based around soundwaves, his music lessons felt less useless. I could probably use this, actually. he thought as he played. Even over the sounds of the rain and thunder, Sora's music cut the air with a calm note, making the whole scenario seem infinitely more tranquil. The outward aura being expressed by the scene at hand, however, did not match Sora's inner emotions. Not far off, but far enough that even he couldn't hear it, his older sister, Akane, was taking her vows as the new clan head, and preparing to change the direction of the clans goals and plans for the future, and Sora knew that they were not all good decisions.

So here he sat, practicing until class was to be ready. He'd received the official letter in the mail, and his sister Sachiko had read it for him. From what she had said, this was the general area to meet with the instructor, and since he had nothing better to do... I really need a smaller instrument... I can't see using this in battle... The rain continued to pour for quite some time, and Sora listened to the sounds of the people below, their small conversations, their breathing and heartbeats, even the rain landing on them made a silhouette of each individual for Sora to hear, creating a uniquely beautiful image in his mind that he never thought he'd have ever seen. A hitch in his playing and a pause as he recognized a specific individuals step and heartbeat. Putting away his traditional flute, Sora smiled and jumped down from the rooftops, walking the twenty or so feet to the bench where Mikasa Sensei sat with what smelled like a dog, but with a chakra signature that felt different. I should have guessed she'd be the one to want to teach this class

"Afternoon, Sensei." Sora addressed her with a slight bow and a smirk, "Lovely day, isn't it?"

Yasu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
You are going, to catch, a cold... Hibikis voice pitter pattered in the back of Yasus mind and he sat in the pouring rain. So when I get sick do you get sick too? What? No, that wouldn't make any sense. Yasu looked up and smiled Then shut up and let me enjoy this. Yasu sat still, reminiscing his life beck when he was younger. The rain smells different here. Nothing like the farm. Not as fresh. The rhythmic sound of the downpour almost put Yasu in a trance like state. Yasu twitched as a new sound invaded his senses. Who...in the hell...Is playing that stupid flute... Yasu stood up and began to jump rooftop to rooftop looking for the sound.

Whats your plan here? Like honestly? Yasu continued to jump I am trying to have a moment. This guy is just distracting. As Yasu made his approach the melody stopped. He could see Sora also on the roofs in a little nook to avoid the rain. It would be him... Hibiki muttered How is it always him...Its like you have a radar. Yasu crouched down. What are you doing? Yasu observed Soras approach over to Mikasa. Is the exam today? Yes... How do you not remember these kind of things?

Yasu slid down the side of the building and landed on the overhand where Mikasa Stood. He pocked his head over the side. "Good morning Mikasa Sensei." Yasu looked over at Sora. "And I guess good mourning to you too SorrAAAAAAAAAAA" Yasus hand slipped and he fell face first into the mud below. Honestly how are you even still alive? Yasu looked up irritated, still stuck in the mud. YOU want to have the alive conversation right now. Yasu stood up, covered in mud. "...Im not cleaning it up. The rain will clean me!"

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The umbrella is neatly settled to the side, leaning against the shelter, droplets of rain hastening in the pattern grazing against the tin rooftop. Delicately her left leg rests on her opposing, hands rummage about to retrieve a medical textbook; more specifically detailing bone structure. Placing the spine on her raised knee, her ocean hues lock against Sora and the very, very muddy Yasu. "Good morning, I hope you do not mind that I took the liberty to host your exam. I felt it appropriate considering you were in a handful of my lessons." she muses aloud with a widening grin, doing her utmost to stifle a chuckle towards the muddled auburn lad. Unfortunately, despite her inner vow, faint chuckling can be heard as Mikasa mouths against her shoulder to subside herself.

"That is certainly one view point, at the current rate it certainly will wash off, Yasu-kun." the Sennin replies, emphasizing his name as much as possible, for the single instance in the past she blundered. Never the least that wasn't the story line for the day. "Today's exam will be simple in nature, your potential future headbands rest around my companion, Mikio-kun." she gestures to her left, the pup swaying his tail, sniffing at the air at the various aromas of food mixed with the scent of fresh rain, "We are going to play today! My favorite game is tag, how about you two!?" the pooch inquires in an excited tone, lowering his frame to scratch against the moist cobblestone - appealing to Sora's lack of vision and indicating the maiden's words held true.

Clearing her throat, the pup becomes alert, stray tuffs of fur prickle upwards, "Mikio-kun, play to your hearts content." she whispers in a kind tone, the creature scuttles off, increasing its speed to become a tan blur streaking through the rain. Turning the first page of her text, "You have one hour to retrieve our excited friend. Failure you to do so will result in a future retesting. Any questions?" she inquires, pausing to take a soft breath, "We are giving him a brief head start." she explains further as the sound of yipping combats the rain before silencing against the crowds. Numerous citizens could be viewed racing through the streets to find similar safe havens from Mother Nature's tears as the Sennin luckily found herself snugly under.​
<i>​
</i>

Naragaki Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Even with his eyes being bandaged over, not to mention incapable of conventional sight, Sora stared flatly at Yasu through Mikasa Sensei's suppressed laughter. Seriously, how are you still alive... Mikasa began to introduce the small canine, when it suddenly spoke, causing Sora a slight jump of alarm. wait, did it just...

"My favorite game is tag, how about you two!?"

"Uhh... don't...know...." Sora couldn't remember the last time he played tag... or spoke to a dog, for that matter. He was very aware, however, that they normally didn't speak back. The whole scenario was odd to say the least, and before he could get a question in, the pup took off into the rain, barking happily. "Sensei, what just hap-" Just as he was beginning to ask about the dog, Mikasa explained in more detail the point of the exam, saying that the exam was catch the headbands from the dog, and they had an hour to accomplish this. It seemed like an easy enough task, really, but that's what bothered him. This seems almost trivial to some of the things we've had to do as students... there's something more to this. Sora decided he'd ask the first question, and see if it gave him an idea as to why their pseudo-mission was to catch a dog. "Sensei... there's something special about that dog, isn't there?" From the talking and apparent chakra signature that it had, Sora was sure there was something special about the pooch, and that was what would make it difficult. He just wanted to be sure.

Yasu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yasu wiped his face to clear some of the mud. He felt a slight flicker of joy when Mikasa Sensei said his name correctly. When Mikasa explained the situation the dog next to her began to speak. Aren't you going to say something? Yasu stood at attention as Mikasa Sensei and the dog Mikio speak. Honestly with everything going on a talking dog dose not surprise me. I'm just waiting for it to rain potatoes. ...Like... Mashed? or... Like whole potatoes? Yasu looked off slightly. I was just.. Never mind.
"My favorite game is tag, how about you two!?"
Yasu smiled. "I haven't had a good game of tag for a hot minute! Wait, is that what we are going to do?" Yasu looked down at the dog who seemed to give the two a bring it on type look before running off. Ohhhhhh, that's how its going to be. Well game on pooch. Yasu got ready to break out into a full sprint, however Mikasa sensei began to speak again and stopped Yasu from moving. This caused his footing and center of gravity to shift causing him to fall on his face into the mud again.
"You have one hour to retrieve our excited friend. Failure you to do so will result in a future retesting. Any questions?"
Sora spoke first as Yasu was getting back up and recleaning his face.
"Sensei... there's something special about that dog, isn't there?
That's a good question. Yasu looked down and pondered the question himself. I guess it would make scenes, wouldn't want this to be to easy. Yasu looked over at Sora then to Mikasa Sensei. "I have a question too. Is this able to be a team challenge? Like if Sora and I worked together?" YOU want to work with Sora!? I mean I do have my motives. I want to see first hand how his new powers work. Plus if I'm right he is a sensory type now and that will help a lot. Yasu threw his hands up and put them around the back of his head. "I mean it will be nice to have an extra pair of eyyyyyyymmmmmmm so sorry Sora... I didn't mean... Ummm." Smooth. "Also how long of a head start are we giving this guy? Im ready to go!"

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Medical Sennin would lower the text to rest against her lap, an inquisitive expression aims towards Yasu, "Of course, team work is crucial on the field of battle. There is nothing against complimenting one another to achieve the exact goal." Mikasa responds in a kind tone, glancing between the duo. Casually the text is risen to rest below the bridge of her nose, rather guising a greater portion of her features. "Mikio is far from your everyday house pet, a bit more sophisticated than an Inuzuka's companion as well. A familiar in a sense." the kunoichi replies in hopes of satisfying Sora. "I'll teach you both one day, if you are interested - if you pass the exam that is." a thin grin spreads across her lips, of course hidden by the book.

On cue the maiden silences herself, becoming absorbed in odd tid bits of bone structure, becoming enamored. Mikasa truly seemed to be transported into the very text itself, becoming lost in thought; however at peace and tranquil. A few minutes would pass, tundra orbs disrupting her personal enjoyment, "This should be enough time. Bring the headbands back to this exact location through any means necessary. One hours starts now." she murmurs, the rain becoming heavier and obscuring the view.

Oddly enough, citizens would return to the streets, umbrellas fanning out to provide temporary shelter to the eager shoppers. The food stall aroma's flaring up once more, not allowing Mother Nature to halt sales.

Upon pivoting about, the duo would be met with an abundance of noises - ranging from the obvious raindrops, to the clanking of pots and pans in the local food stalls, and the laughter of others. Presented before them were two pathways, alley ways to be more specific, each darting off in completely opposite directions. Naturally the obvious choice would be to split up, but if doing so, would they be able to meet the time limit? Was this task one a single could perform?

A passerby, an older in appearance gentlemen would bump into Yasu and Sora prior to their decisions were to be met. "Oof! So sorry, the rain makes it difficult for an old timer such as myself to get around." the stranger coughs in between his words, attempting to steady his walking cane against the slick cobblestone. His weight presses against the two in passing. His grey beard is groomed neatly, despite the heavy droplets weighing it down, a cloak hood is pulled over his peppered hair.

Let the exam commence!

When you roleplay, please indicate any specific techniques you wish to utilize to aid me in making this a smoother and hopefully a more pleasant experience! For starters, there isn't any indication of which the pup has went! I'll post the remaining time limit each post.

Enough of that however! Your four choices are below!

1) The left alley path.
2) The right alley path.
3) Aiding the elderly gentlemen to his destination?
4) Visiting the local food stalls for any clues of the where abouts of the pooch.

Naragaki Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The minute he could, Sora calmed his mind and focused all his attention on the sounds around him, from the approximate three hundred and fifty one people walking along the busy streetway outside of the fourteen open vendors shops, all the way to the countless tears falling from the heavens and cascading upon every surface, filling the air with the tool necessary for him to see in detail (BL: Sonar rank 3). I can't tell what's dog feet and what children's feet... Sora thought, swearing under his breath. Using a single handseal, Sora channeled his chakra further, allowing him to see the chakra flows around him, making it easier to identify those who were better trained in chakra control than others, and pinpoint his sonar more easily (Eagle Vision(M)). He saw Mikasa and Yasu more clearly, as well as Hibiki facepalm slowly at something Yasu was saying. He did realize that Yasu basically was just standing there, not really showing any signs of preparation for when Mikasa Sensei said they could go. "You're... gonna do something to prepare for this... right?"

"This should be enough time. Bring the headbands back to this exact location through any means necessary. One hours starts now."

Crap! Sora thought, spinning around quickly to take off, expecting Yasu to follow him. Before he could go very far, however, Sora stopped violently on his toes, almost running into a tired and very wet old man. "Sorry, sir." Sora left out the "I didn't see you" part, seeing as that was obvious in more ways than one, and attempted to right the elderly man. He seemed exhausted for walking in this weather, and from what Sora could tell, the only thing outside his heavy waterlogged cloak was a withered hand clinging to its cane, and the end of a long beard. What the hell is he doing out here?

"Oof! So sorry, the rain makes it difficult for an old timer such as myself to get around."

Sora could feel his energy levels, and could tell he was struggling. Dammit, we can't leave him here like this... Thinking quickly, Sora turned to face Yasu. "Yasu, use your shield as a make shift umbrella for him, I'll get a headstart on catching the pup. Yell for me if you see anything, I guarantee I'll hear you over this downpour." And with that being said, Sora bowed to the old man, apologizing once more, and darted into the rain. Casting another quick handseal, Sora felt as if time slowed around him, allowing him to more and react quicker (Fleeted(M). A sound, possibly his target, echoed in his ears, and he veered left down an open alleyway, running along the walls, jumping back and forth to keep a high vantage point. Hopefully Yasu wouldn't be too long, but he also was preparing for the worst. Listening as carefully as possible, Sora focused on everything in, near, and around the alleyway. Where are you?

MFT
WC: 493

*Took the path on the left.

Yasu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"This should be enough time. Bring the headbands back to this exact location through any means necessary. One hours starts now."
Yasus heart started to pound and the words left Mikasa Senseis mouth. His excitement kept him at bay just for a moment, however he saw that was not the case with Sora. Sora ran off the second he could almost running over the weak old man just trying to get by. Sora apologized quickly then yelled to Yasu.
"Yasu, use your shield as a make shift umbrella for him, I'll get a head start on catching the pup. Yell for me if you see anything, I guarantee I'll hear you over this downpour."
Did...Did he just leave me? Yasu stood watching his comrade run off down the ally. Hibikis laughter filled Yasus head HA!!! He stuck you with this old guy and took off! Hahaha! Yasu looked a the old man who struggled to give the boy a polite smile. Ugh... Their is always something. Yasu smiled and looked at the man. "Alright sir lets get you out of this rain." Yasu took a slightly wider stance, his oddball demeaner shifted to a strong focused student. The mud next to the old man shifted as he tightened his gaze. Mud Clone (M) This sucks...I can only make and sustain one clone in these conditions...I was going to use this one to fallow Sora but now I have to change my plan. "Alright sir he will help you get wherever you need to go." Yasu smiled before taking is leave. "Wait... Why do I have to be the one to do it? Cant you help him?" Yasu turned to his clone already irritated. "Yore joking right..." The clone shrugged. "Well like if I know you, and I think I do, you're going to do that thing right now that Mokuba Sensei yells at us for to catch up to Sora. Well I want to do it too..." Yasu stuck his finger in the clones face, getting more frustrated by the second. "NO! Im doing it! You're helping him! You're the clone!" The clone pointed back. You don't know that!" Yasu through his hands in the air. "WHAT DOSE THAT EVEN MEAN! The clone put his hands in his pockets. "I mean would you really know if you were the clone?" Yasu paused and looked unsure only for a moment before coming to his senses. "What? ...Wait, No shut up! I can just cancel the jutsu!" The clone backed up and put the old mans arm around him. "Fine fine fine Im doing it." Yasu stood still and gathered himself. What? Nothing from you? Nope, Im honestly just impressed how long that took you...Past disappointment...Just impressed. Also you are wayyy behind Sora.
Yasu smiled as he took off after Sora. He took his shield off his back as he ran. The shield was heavy but years of carrying it had made Yasu used to its weight. He threw it in front of him and it landed in the mud. Focus! Send it forward. We want distance not proximity.Yasu jumped up, made a handseal, and landed sitting on his shield. Earth Flow Wave (M) The ripple was larger then Yasu had intended due to the earth being so loose from the rain, however he did manage to send it strictly forward. Yasu rode on his shield at the apex of the ripple. This sent his flying down the ally catching up to Sora quickly. Yasu spotted Sora and when he was close enough grabbed Sora who fell in his lap. He shot him a smile and a thumbs up before throwing both fists into the air and shouting. "Team work!"

*Left path chose
*Helping Old Man (Clone)
WC- 618

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A drooling pace would be set by the elderly man, Yasu's aid in the adventure appreciated, "You didn't have to out of your way, young man." he speaks in a chipper tone. Pressing forward the raindrops lessen in the direction they are heading, "Never have I seen one argue with themselves, what a spectacle!" he comments with a hearty laugh, "Almost as entertaining as the speaking pooch playing in the mud puddles I saw moments prior. He took the right fork, which ends up crossing over the left alley. He was awfully excited about, yipping about a meat stall." the stranger continues to ramble on, gesturing with his free hand towards the bottom of his cloak, soiled with mud. A light pat on the shoulder of the clone of Yasu, "This will suffice, I can manage from here."

Sora's sonar would begin to reveal unusual footsteps, two placing down with another pair close in suit - the canine in question. The wave of earth conjured by Yasu was a slick tactic, enabling the academy student to catch a swift ride to catch his dynamic duo partner. Unfortunately his jutsu would send stray mud onto the cobblestone, the citizens would be quite upset when the rain finally stopped an additional abundance of mud littering the area. An intersecting portion of the alleyways come into view, Yasu able to view through his eyes and Sora's sonar indicating an odd opening; despite the volume of the rain the yipping of the pooch audible.

From an opposing rooftop the petite creature leaps downwards, riding in the wake of the pair, chakra surrounding his paws, "Surfs up Teamwork guys!" he howls, raising his maw towards the sky. His silver fur matted down, yet having the time of his life. One would notice about his body the pair of headbands missing. In fact, Mikio noticing this himself and causing a panic attack, "Oh no, oh no, oh no!" he yips, leaping from the mud wave back onto the rooftop, "Mika-chan is going to be angry! Where did they go?" he questions himself, sniffing at the air to retrace himself, "Later Teamwork Guys! You are still it, but I have to jet!" he proclaims, racing along the rooftop.

Howling upwards once more, his voice would resonate, waves of chakra streaking outwards and causing the mud wave to flatten unexpectedly. Landing on the grassy between the pathways, scratching at the ground as he buries into the earth in the similar fashion as a mole! Disappearing into the earth below, one would occasionally spot his where abouts due to odd shifting of earth.

Time Remaining: 50 Minutes

Options:
1) Continuing aiding the elderly gentleman.
2) Create your own method of attracting the canine.
3) Continue the chase, utilizing your own wits to catch the pooch! (Any destruction to the town will result in a penalty! Be careful!)
<i>​
</i>

Naragaki Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sora heard it all; the crowded throng on the other side of the buildings as their echoes came from adjoining alleyways, to the rain thundering down upon every surface, creating an image only he could see, like a sheet of sound draped over top every surface. The rain was also aiding his other senses, as he could smell the fainted hint of wet dog around the same time a small clutter of footprints splashed somewhere up ahead. I'm getting closer, Sora thought with a smirk. Kicking off the wall he raced along to the opposite side of the alley, narrowly avoiding a junction box sticking out of the brick, and breaking out into a sprint, he continued his pursuit, but another sound started to catch his attention. A rumble that slowly built up, dwarfing the sound of the crashing rain, as a waver of liquefied soil tore down the back alley, splashing down branch offs and spilling into businesses. Just when Sora thought it was part of the test, He felt a hand grab the back of his pants, and Yasu pulled him down onto his shield, shouting violently into the heavens.

"Team work!"

After the initial shock hit him, Sora could hear the voices of the people as mud flowed into the streets as well, with most people responding with shock, but several shop owners not so thrilled. Hearing one say something about his cabbages, Sora turned to Yasu and shouted, "What are you doing!? What happened to the old man? when did you-" The smell of wet dog suddenly intensified as the pooch landed on the mud as well, and relatively close by, his ran soaked silhouette a small shape before him in a sea of black.

"Surfs up Teamwork guys!"

Sora did see something in the rain pattern as it fell on the small hound, and pointed it flatly, asking, "uhh... where are the headbands?" This was apparently the wrong question, as the young dog seemed to panic, and take off up the building and onto the roof above. "You've gotta be kidding me," Sora muttered, exasperated, "Yasu!" Quickly shouting to his friend, Sora stood and tightened his bandages, "You're and Earth-Style User. Stay low, and follow as best as you can." Sora clenched his fist, jumping up off the shield and running up the side of the building at a blinding speed for an academy student. I'm trusting you, Yasu... and Hibiki... Not slowing down, Sora launched several meters up into the air, twisting around to "see" Mikio darting away. Channeling his chakra, and weaving a quick set of signs, Sora clapped his hands together, creating a soundwave that disrupted the fall of the rain momentarily, and disorienting those directly in earshot momentarily (Hyper Clap (R1)). With his hands already together, Sora made more signs, and, with the aid of his bloodline, condensed the sound of the rain into a solid sphere, and launching it directly to the left of Mikio, with the intent to use the force of the sound and wind to knock him off the room and towards Yasu (BL: Sound Crystallization (R3) combined with Air Bullet (R1)). Landing on the roof, Sora shouted over the rain, desperately hoping his friend could hear him. "Yasu, Catch him, now!"

Yasu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yasus clone walked with the old man for what felt like hours.
"You didn't have to out of your way, young man."
"Never have I seen one argue with themselves, what a spectacle!"
The clone shrugged. "Well Im happy you enjoyed the show. Let me tell you I can be really stubborn. I feel like I wasn't asking to much ya know? I just wanted me to let myself do what I wanted to do instead of me doing it...Wait..." Yasu looked off, trying to figure out what he just said.
"Almost as entertaining as the speaking pooch playing in the mud puddles I saw moments prior. He took the right fork, which ends up crossing over the left alley. He was awfully excited about, yipping about a meat stall."
Yasus head spun back around to the old man. OH NO! THIS IS IMPORTANT INFORMATION! I have to get it back to Yasu now, but I can only do that if I cancel the Jutsu!
"This will suffice, I can manage from here."
Yasu grinned. YES! IM HOME FREE! I can now let Yasu where the dog is and I can become a ninja! Yasus eyes looked forward at the old man who had relieved him from his duties. A...A ninja... The clone linked his arm with the old man again. "Now Sir I told you I would get you where you need to go and that's what Im going to do. If I want to be a Ninja I cant just quit half way through because I have other stuff going on." Yasu smiled. "So where to now?" Sorry Yasu, I hope you have found the dog, not really any help from my end.

*Clone continued to help Old man

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yasu rode on his shield with Sora. You're making a mess... Yasu looked back at the mud he was leaving behind. Again its raining, It will get washed away. Yasu thought trying to ignore the crashing sounds behind him.
"What are you doing!? What happened to the old man? when did you"
Yasu attempted to explain."Funny story actually. Well you see what happened was" Sora cut Yasu off almost immediately.
"You're and Earth-Style User. Stay low, and follow as best as you can."
Sora jumped up to give chase to the dog who was now on the roof. The sudden jump pushed the front of Yasus shield down and it caught the ground at just the right angle. ...Damn it... This launched Yasu into the air and then back face first into the mud. Wow... Thats the third time you have landed in the mud... on your face... Yasu looked up from the mud. Oh really? I hadn't noticed. Yasu heard Sora call out. He saw a mini blast come from the roof up ahead.
"Yasu, Catch him, now!"

(If Soras attack missed and the dog didn't fall off)
Yasu sprang up, grabbing his shield and putting it back on his back in one seamless motion. He ran full sprint to where he expected the dog to fall, but to his surprise nothing fell. "Catch what smart guy!?" Yasu continued to run down the ally. Nothing fell right? Well unless the Dog can go invisible, no. Yasu let out a gasp. Sora! IS THE DOG INVISABLE!?" wait...How would Sora even be able to tell if it was invisible? Oh no! He has no idea we are chasing an invisible dog!

(If Sora landed the hit and knocked the dog off)
Yasu could see the Dog fall off the roof. That's to far away! Im not going to make that! Any ideas? Yasu grinned. Just one. Yasu made two handseals. Rock Golem The mud around Yasu hardened and turned into a large hand. Conserve Chakra. I don't need the whole thing The Rock golem came out of the ground, being only a torso, one arm which was holding Yasu and its head. I would like to point out I hate this plan. The golem threw Yasu with all its strength before crumbling back into the ground. Yasu shot through the air at twice the speed of his last stunt. THIS IS AWSOME! Yasu reached out and attempted to grab the falling dog. Grapple

(If Yasu successfully grabs the dog)
Yasu caught the dog and quickly realized what goes up, must come down. He held the dog by the body, holding it above his head as he crash landed in yet another pile of mud. And that makes four. Yasu spoke though the mud. "TAG! You're it pooch!" Yasu sits up with dog in hand. "Sora! It worked perfectly. Kinda."

(If Yasu misses the falling dog)
To Yasus surprise the dog somehow managed to slip past him. His disappointment was cut short when he noticed the pile of mud he was headed for. I hate this game.., Yasu crashed into yet another pile of mud. And that makes four. Yasu sprang up and gave chase to the dog who was now back in the ally. "Sora! Hes down here!"

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The series of events to unfold would favor the dynamic duo, Mikio unearthed from his guise due to the violent reverbs and zephyrs. Being a canine, his hearing was on average three times superior and devilish tactic sending the pooch onto the cobblestone. Wriggling to and fro he does his utmost to shake off rattling sensation; however Yasu's rock golem's tossing a reckless lad forward, in hopes in capturing the target completely. A pseudo cage traps the creature, "Not fair! Not fair!" he proclaims, wriggling about in hopes to find an escape from his capturer.

Unfortunately, Sora hadn't accounted for his surroundings, similar to Yasu's original wave of mud. Due to the Hyperclap technique, several windows crack, a handful bursting glass onto the cobblestone and leaving very disgruntled citizens. "What the!?" a faceless proclaims, raindrops pelleting through to effect his home. Furthermore, the air bullet knocking loose shingles and tossing them about, creating additional clattering in the intensifying rain. While Sora wasn't the only one at fault for damages, Yasu had done so through his earlier stunt and the rock golem miraculously doing nothing more than spewing - you guessed it, more mud around the streets.

The pup would cease his movements, "Now what?" he inquires, the smell of wet fur would be abundant and cling to Yasu. "We have to find the headbands or Mika-chan will be upset!" Despite his predicament, there was an odd mixture of meat about him. Potentially juices..

Meanwhile . . .

The elderly man frees himself from the grasp of the over zealous Yasu, patting his hand on his shoulder as a means of thanks. "I appreciate your gesture, however I am not too old to walk on my own." he insists with a cough. An odd scent would be noticeable, that of barbecue - more specifically charcoal. Edging forward due to the aid of his trusty cane, he hobbles forward through the rain. "I am meeting a friend, she will understand my tardiness due to the weather" he comments with a bit of excitement. Familiar landmarks would give away some odd U-turn being taken.

Time Remaining: 30 Minutes
  • Sora's damage to the civilians home resulting in a five minute loss.
  • Yasu's excessive littering of mud on the streets and alley ways has also resulted in a five minute loss.

Option time!
1) Investigate food stalls and track down the headbands!
2) Search through Yasu's mud in hopes of finding the headbands!
3) Meet up with Yasu's clone?

Naragaki Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sora realized after the fact that Mikio had already evaded the student on the rooftop before his attack even landed, yet the soundwave that his jutsu created was still enough to coax the pooch from hiding, giving Yasu the needed time to catch him, and, once again, smash into the mud. He's gonna need new clothes after this. Sora thought silently, standing up and letting the rain roll down his face. He felt a flush of embarrassment wash over him as he could hear that he'd done some damage to a few windows, and completely trashed thre roof and window of the building he stood on, which sounded like it was one of the shop owners homes. Jumping down, Sora removed his Kimono and fastened it to the outside of the shopkeepers shattered window, letting his bandage bound abdomen, along with the leather shoulder straps that held a few of his ninja tools, be exposed to the wind and rain. "I'm really sorry," He apologized, poling his head inside, "I can pay for the repairs, I swear." He genuinely could, too, but his father would not be pleased about it. Sora walked over to Yasu, holding up his hand. "I don't wanna hear it."He said to Yasu and Hibiki, one of which was pointing at him quizzically.

"We have to find the headbands or Mika-chan will be upset!"

Sora smiled, suppressing a mischievous grin as best he could. Mika-chan, huh? Oh, I'm so gonna use that if we pass today. "Okay, Mikio. It was Mikio, right? We're gonna look for them, but if you remember where you had them last, I will buy you the biggest, fattest, meatiest pork bone you've had in your life if you tell us. Deal?" Regardless of the canine's response, Sora looked back up at Yasu, looking serious. "I'm gonna go check the alleyway. You see if you can get any information outta him while I search. And Hibiki, learn so sign language or something. This is getting ridiculous." Yasu walked back to the alley, now littered in mud and debris. Dammit, Yasu... redoubling his efforts, Sora boosted the output of his Sonar and Eagle Vision, focusing as much as he could on the alleyway, seeing if he could hear the faint sound of metal and cloth being struck by hundreds of droplets. Please be nearby...

OOC: Sorry for the delay guys. been a hectic week... haven't even been near a computer for the last 5 days....

Yasu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yasus clone stood firm as he attempted to help the old man further.
"I appreciate your gesture, however I am not too old to walk on my own.
I am meeting a friend, she will understand my tardiness due to the weather"
Maybe I should back off... Yasu stepped away from the old mad. "Alrighty then! Make it there safe, ok?" Yasus clone jumped backwards off the street and into the grass before canceling the Jutsu. "Have a good day sir!" Yasu smiled as his chakra flowed back into the Earth and the clone as reduced to mud.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Yasu struggled to sit up out of the mud without letting go of the dog.Just let him go! Im not letting go of this dog until we get those headbands! It would just be way essayers you just I SAID NEVER! Yasu managed to get up and focused on Mikio. Sora jumped down and addressed the two.
"I don't wanna hear it."
"I wasn't going to say anything..." Was he talking to me? Oh ya... He can see you now. I just find it unsettling. You...The dead guy in my head find...Anything... Unsettling?
"We have to find the headbands or Mika-chan will be upset!"
Yasu quickly turned and realized that the head bands were missing. "WHAT!?" Yasu began to shake the dog. "You said it was tag! Now its also some hid and seek I spy Wheres Waldo Bull Sh! Sora cut off.
"Okay, Mikio. It was Mikio, right? We're gonna look for them, but if you remember where you had them last, I will buy you the biggest, fattest, meatiest pork bone you've had in your life if you tell us. Deal?"
"I'm gonna go check the alleyway. You see if you can get any information outta him while I search. And Hibiki, learn so sign language or something. This is getting ridiculous."
Yasu nodded in agreement. Sora turned and began to walk away. Yasu suddenly yelled. "WAIT!" He stood up and looked the dog in the eyes. "WHAT MEAT STALL DID YOU GO TO!?" Yasu smiled. "My clone just went away and now i know a little something the old man said earier. He saw you "yipping about a meat stall'." Looks like helping the old dude payed off. We will see. It will have paid off if we get those headbands.

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yasu's doppelganger disperses, leaving the elderly cloaked gentlemen to his own demises. A thin grin would spread across his features, his cane clacking against the cobblestone and within a span of a few moments the round about would cease. Situated before the mysterious figure was the Medical Sennin, sitting beneath the slight canape protecting her from the downpour. Little to no surprise Mikasa were still nose deep into the text, turning the page occasionally as he settles down beside her, "Did he tag you?" she inquires in a low whisper.

An excited tone escapes from the older man, "He was a difficult one, Yasu-kun, I mean. We kept going back and forth, but I am sure he had no idea as to why I kept exchanging touches." the figure barks in a chipper tone. With a flume of smoke, the once peppered figure disperses to leave the cloak rumbling about as the canine, Mikio, exposes himself. "So you really don't have the head bands?" the kunoichi inquires with a chuckle, "Nope! I am sure they will figure it out, eventually. Rain often masks the obvious." A momentary pause would ensue, the maiden's digits scratch behind the ear of the petite pooch as she turns a page.

"Of course this is a game of tag!" Mikio exclaims, wiggling about. On his allowed freedom of movement, the canine pivots about, appearing to chase petite tail. "Oooh! Oooh!" he pounces around in an excited state, "I already ate! I do want more, but I don't remember!" he exclaims before rolling over. Despite the rain becoming heavier, an odd scene would befall on the trio. Sora's sonar would pick up the faint ratting of metal, except it was far closer than expected; unfortunately the heavy tears of Mother Nature would cause his senses to be a bit jumbled up.

Two signatures to be far more precise, whever Sora would travel the source would remain close at hand - as if moving? The same would be said for Yasu, an identical situation. Time was of the essence and the pair wouldn't have long, but had their objective already been completed? An elderly man bumping into the pair and a game of a tag declared initially? What were Mikasa's initial words regarding the exam? "All this rain is wetting my fur down! I don't see how you humans wear clothes, all they do is weigh you down!"
<i>​
</i>

Naragaki Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As he paced back and forth, Sora could hear the faint, yet distinct sound of the thin strip of metal of the headband, as the rain increased in volume, making the world as Sora saw it fuzzy. instinctively he rubbed his eyes, then felt ridiculous, remembering it wasn't actually his eyes, and hoping Yasu didn't notice. Ok, He sighed, Think, Sora. Use that brain of yours. this is another puzzle, solve it. Silencing his mind, Sora's vision when completely black, as he cut off his senses to the outside world and reflected inward at a blinding speed, sitting on the ground, allowing nature to flow all around him. He may be from a family with diluted Nara blood running through his veins, but his mental capacity was unmatched by most, and so he pondered on the events thus far.

One Second.
Mikasa Sensei tied the headbands onto Mikio, who took off before we could get a good look at him. He took off, and we waited... he didn't get very far for us having waited...

Two Seconds.
Unless he waited... but it was tag, why would he wait. it must've been a trick somehow...Ok, next was the... The Old Man! Sora recalled the squishing sound under his step as mud, thinking nothing of it, but... Maybe it was mud from paws jumping in puddles... Sensei said he wasn't a normal dog... does the dog know transformation jutsu?!

Three Seconds.
If we operate under the assumption that he could use jutsus, since he could also talk and move at ninja speeds, then he could've been the old man in disguise... which means we have a fake! it's either a clone or a genjutsu! Sora realized then that The old man ran into them immediately upon giving chase to Mikio, and that he never saw which directed the man came from.

[[Song Starts Here]]

Sora jumped to his feet, "Hibiki, it's a trick, nothing is true, the man was a lie! Explain it to Yasu and follow me!" Sora wasn't sure if the thing Yasu held was a clone that could relay information or not, so he kept things coded and brief, in a way that Hibiki would understand. from their, he knew Hibiki could relay the information to Yasu discreetly. Just in case it was a genjutsu, and not a clone, Sora attempted a cancel of jutsu's around him as he retraced his steps back to where he saw the old man originally (Cancel(M)). I'm willing to bet he's still there... crafty canine, that one. Yelling back to Yasu, hoping he was following close enough to hear, Sora shouted, "Hibiki, Yasu, I need a cage with no walls, and for you to tag without existing." Sora was putting a lot of faith in Hibiki being able to pass the information onto Yasu correctly, and for Yasu to listen to him. Please understand the plan, guys...

Reaching the end of the alleyway, Sora veered up, back to the rooftops overlooking the awning that Sensei was sitting under; where Sora was originally perched before the exams started. Quickly, he cast a cloning jutsu, forming a copy of himself of small zephyrs and gusts, to head towards Sensei and Mikio (Elemental Clone). I was right, then. Sora thought, hiding on the rooftops. Sora looked over at Sensei and the small dog. Might as well test this out now... Quickly casting his genjutsu, lowering their awareness, and making it difficult for them to perceive the upcoming attempt at the dog (Deaf), Sora watched as the clone darted silently through the rain, striking a pose midair (BL: Furuuken Stance - Fighting Style-R2), and slapped both hands on either side of Mikio's head, aiming directly for his ears (Deafen - Sound Ninjutsu-R3), landing hard and sliding along the wet stone ground.

Sora reached into his Kimono as he hid, feeling what he was certain was his headband, should he pass the exam, and remembered Mikasa's words at the beginning.

"You have one hour to retrieve our excited friend. Failure you to do so will result in a future retesting."

it was never about the headbands... "Yasu, now!" Sora jumped from the rooftops, launching his surprise attack, redoubling his vision to most accurately pinpoint the hound in question (Eagle Vision (M)), and firing a shot at the ground near Mikio, attempting to startle him into the air, away from the ground he stood on (Sudden Shot (M)) It's up to you now, Yasu. Catch him for real this time.

[MFT]
WC:749

Yasu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"What the hell do you mean I don't know!?" Yasu exclaimed very upset. "The deal was we tag you and we get the headbands!" Maybe this is the wrong dog? Oh ya? You know any other talking... Dogs... Yasu stared at the pup and his eyes grew wide. He focused his Chakra as he entered his partial Limbo state. His body would be useless, however it would give him time to think and discuss with Hibiki in a fraction of the time.

"Wasn't... Wasn't the first dog white? This one is more of a silver..." Hibiki took a pause to collect his thoughts. "He could just be dirty now. Its a little off but its to similar to make that assumption." Yasu shrugged "Well we shouldn't assume anything. This is a big test and..." Yasu paused for a moment. "wait... We shouldn't assume anything...W...WE...WE ARE BEING BAMBOOZALED!" Hibiki turned and stared at Yasu "What he hell did you just say? Bamboozled?" "YES! This is a test. Not just any test a test to see if we are capable, hell even worthy of being Ninja! Of course its not going to be that easy! Ok what do we know?" Hibiki folded his arms. "Wait, like how serious are we talking? Like all in 100%? This could all be Genjutsu for all we know." Yasu looked around him. "I would have to leave Limbo state to be able to sense it, could it be though? We have two separate minds so Genjutsu is less effective against us...Then again Mikasa Sensei is a super tough Ninja...Hmmm...Nothing is a coincidence..." Hibiki sat on the ground. "Well unless you count that old guy, what a set back. Wait... Didn't that old guy touch you last?" Yasu clenched his fists. "Oh...My...Gosh...He did...We kept brushing each other. I thought it was weird because he was diffidently acting weak. If he was genuine he would have needed my help more." "Is it possible this is a clone or something? Mikasa said this dog wasn't a normal dog. Maybe it could transform also?" Yasu picking up Hibiki from the ground. "Im such a moron! We need to go back and find that old dude!" Yasu stopped and heard the muffled sound of Soras voice. "You get that?"
"Hibiki, it's a trick, nothing is true, the man was a lie! Explain it to Yasu and follow me!
Hibiki, Yasu, I need a cage with no walls, and for you to tag without existing."
"Wait... What is going on? Why is he addressing you?" Hibiki smirked. "Because he is talking I code, and Im smarter then you." Yasu shoved Hibiki. "Like hell you are! Im the smart one here!" Hibikis smile grew "Yasu...it took you 7 minutes to figure this out. It took Sora 3 seconds, and before you hit me with that 'well technically here time is distorted and its only been like 3 seconds bla bla bla' lets just go." Yasu opened his mouth to attempt to form a comeback, then hung his head in defeat. "Ya... Alright." Yasu exited his limbo state. He still was just standing in front of the imposter dog.

Alright lets go. Yasu closed his eyes. No loose ends. he opened them and gazed at the dog jumping around. (Black out M) Yasu bent down and picked the unctuous dog up. What the hell was that!? Yasu walked over to the closet building and set the dog down out of the rain. Don't worry. Hes having the best dream of his life right now. Yasu smiled to himself. we might need him, or he might get in the way. Now we will know right where he is. Yasu turned and saw Sora in the distance. Now what would a Ninj… No... What would I do? I don't like this plan. You are pushing yourself to hard. Hibiki that's how you get stronger, jeez its like you don't want me to get stronger for some reason. Hibiki took a longer pause then normal to respond. Alright. Do it. Yasu smirked, he sent a burst of chakra into the ground and ran to catch up to Sora.

[Continue Music]

Sora led with is barrage of attacks. Each one precise and carefully crafted. It was easy to see Mikio was caught off guard. After the initial air assault the canine looked around expecting the ground assault from Yasu. "Guess again pooch!" Yasus cry was heard above, not below like what was expected. Yasu was standing on Soras shoulders with his hand on his head for balance. Why are you yelling!? You had the element of surprise! "I bet you didn't see this coming!" Yasu jumped off Sora, as he left he whispered, "I need to borrow some of this." (Chakra Absorption M) A Ninjas most important tool is deception, and anyone will tell you when it comes to being distracting their is no one better then me! Yasu fell straight down. As he made his decent the earth the land underneath began to shift as his Rock Golem reappeared. Mikio stood firm and awaited for the boy to make the same move as he had before, until what appeared to be a clear wall fell in front of him. Behind them all was Yasus mud clone who was casting a Barrier Jutsu. A cage with no walls, nothing can get in, nothing can get out. Yasu landed in his Golems hand and like last time he was thrown directly at the trapped dog. He flew through the air as Mikio stood as confident as always, knowing in order to get to him to make the tag the Barrier would have to be put down. Even for just a second that had to be his escape plan. The two gazed at each other as the distance between them diminished in seconds. Yasu closed his eyes as he approached his target. His face inches away from the very barrier he was maintaining. His eyes shot open, his pupils completely gone. His eyes glowed a soft grey with a hit of ice blue. Ghost Walker (Phase-Out) He became slightly translucent as he passed right through the barrier. He materialized only for a second to poke the shocked Mikio on the nose, before phasing back out of this own barrier. Soras clone was ready to catch him on the other sider. Yasu, exhausted, stood up and gave a thumbs up to Sora.

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The two academy students rush off, their intuition landing correctly on the mark - the captured pooch dispersing into a fluff of ivory smoke. Mikasa would continue to to flip the pages of her text as the duo would approach the original meeting location once more, all the clues coming together and in response the actual Mikio sniffing at the air to alert him of the oncoming threat! Unfortunately he were not in time as his hearing would falter, the world about him bleak and eerily silent. Two hands would manage to deliver a blow to knock him off his senses entirely, immediately his petite form would jolt through the air out of instinct and further into the trap of the youths.

A barrage of attacks would cause the canine to maneuver across the slick cobblestone in the end his one downfall had been the very mud littering his feet. Scrambling to find balance his frame would contact an odd source, Yasu's mud clone which was swift to trap Mikio in a barrier technique and the actual Yasu delivering a press against the young canine's nose indicated the game of tag had come to an end. "What the!?"

Closing her text, the Medical Sennin looks between the pair as a large grin stretches across her features. Daintily the book settles in her lap, "Congratulations, you have successfully retrieved Mikio-kun." she addresses in a ginger tone, "I was beginning to worry!" Mikasa admits with a faint laugh as a very disgruntled pooch bounces about in the pseudo prison he were bound to. A muffled voice escapes from the confines of the barrier, "What gave away my clone!?" he inquires with a yip, his paws covered in a considerable amount of mud. The droplets of rain would lessen, a light trickle, "I would also care to hear your explanation, Sora-kun and Yasu-kun. How did you figure it all out?" not wishing to steal away from the moment of the two blossoming students. In a matter of moments would their journey truly begin. A look of amusement is aimed towards the two.
<i>​
</i>

Naragaki Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Landing on the ground and tumbling to break the impact, Sora watched their barrage unfold harmoniously, as Mikio maneuvered as expected, deafen, but still keenly aware due to his sense of smell. He was, however, not expecting the assault so suddenly, and even though Yasu announced his presence, Yasu still managed to gain the upperhand, if anything through pure shock value. Mustering together his strength, Sora held the form of his clone until after he caught Yasu, the clone speaking "Nice hit. You good?" and waiting for a reply before dispersing as a small dust devil. Exhausted, Sora heard the snap of a book closing suddenly.

"Congratulations, you have successfully retrieved Mikio-kun. I would also care to hear your explanation, Sora-kun and Yasu-kun. How did you figure it all out?"

Smiling massively, Sora collapsed on the ground, breaking heavily, and letting the rain hit his face. They'd done it. They'd finally done it. catching his breath, Sora sat up and faced Mikasa Sensei, smiling broadly, a hue of pink on his cheeks, both from exuberance and lack of energy. "To be honest, sensei, I almost missed it. but then I recalled you asked us to wait. That made sense, except we caught up to Mikio too quickly for how much of a head start we gave him. I then remembered you saying he was like an Inuzuka canine companion, but smarter, so I stopped thinking of him as a dog, and more as a ninja." Sor stood up, walking over to Mikasa, realizing for the first time that they actually stood eye level to each other, causing him to take a minor step back, and blush lightly. "After that, it was a matter of remembering that we were after him, not the headbands, and piecing together the events that lead to now." He looked over towards Mikio, "Your muddy paws gave you away. The old mans step was too sloshy for someone who would be trying to get out of the rain. Most people tend to avoid puddles." Sora ended with a wide grin. He pulled the headband out of his robes and addressed Mikasa once more.

"I can put this on now, right?"

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back