Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

What makes a killer? (Tutor)

Kaguya Yumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yumiko was still thinking of how he killed his other family member just a few days ago. Anger fueled him. He even went into Undersea to train. Which might even be illegal. But he didn't care, at least for the moment. He threw kunai down at certain points on the walls. Most stuck deep.

Once he ran out of kunai, he then began air boxing. Thinking of his father, who he also killed. Imagining if he could have done worse. He hated who he was. He felt like a burden to these people, to always be watchful of their own backs, just because they have heard that he killed two of his family members. And that's what really pissed him off the most. He killed his own father because he killed someone who was taking care of Yumiko. And Yumiko killed the other family member because he was going to kill the other villagers. And now he was being judged only because he was doing the right thing!

He punched with his left hand, not knowing he was close to the wall, breaking it, cracks can be seen in the immediate area of which he punched.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The air was damp, as usual. The entire area was home to a vast network of underground lakes and tunnels, the geothermal vents did a great job of making sure you felt like you were in a sauna at times. Thankfully Kaen managed to avoid these more muggy areas and kept to the cooler spaces. Kaen was on official business and thus was adorned in his newly fashioned Anbu attired. One would think Kaen would opt for a more flashy getup given his equally flashing fighting style, but he knew better than that and knew full well the attention it would draw to him if he stood out too much. So he stuck with something more low-key, a black suit with a ragged red cloak covering him.

In the distance Kaen could make out the distinguishable sound of metal making contact with the hard minerals of these tunnel's walls. There shouldn't have been anyone down here, or at least this wasn't a heavily visited location. Can't have any nosy bystanders close by if Kaen was to retrieve the shipment, better to check it out and rule out the possibility of being tailed than risk the mission all together. As Kaen drew closer to the commotion, he made out the visage of young man, alone, in what would appear to be distress. Taking some apparent frustrations out on the walls themselves. Kaen eyed the crack through his white Anbu mask and smirked subtly. Kid must be tougher than he looks to make a crack like that without sustaining injury. Kaen would prop himself up against the wall nonchalantly before calling out to the boy. "I'm not sure the wall did anything to warrant such treatment..." Sure, Kaen could have just as easily ignored the kid and passed him off as non-threatening, but he was also bored and enjoyed the thrill of seeking out possible candidates for 'him'.

[OOC Entering thread, I will be performing a tutor with Yumiko]

Kaguya Yumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yumiko was about to go when he heard a voice. He turned around and seen a figure dressed in full ANBU outfit. The mask was the thing that really gives it away. He wanted to glare at him for making a comment, trying to get a few laughs in, but instead, Yumiko glared down at the ground. Even as tough as he is, he knows better than to anger an ANBU operative.

"I'm Kaguya Yumiko. I'm certain you ANBU have read my files. You of all should know why I'm angry." He brought up his left bone hand. "I've killed two people with this hand. Two people too many."

He then went to retrieve his kunai from out of the cavern walls. He then set them down on the ground before the ANBU and turned his back towards him. Yumiko then put his hands back behind his head. "Go on. Arrest me for trespassing and destruction. Won't be the first time I got into trouble."

He waited, to see if the ANBU really would detain him. If the guy comes near him, Yumiko can always run. He waited. Listening for any indication of the others footsteps coming near him.

(OOC MFT 395 words total)

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaen laughed audibly at Yumiko's remark about his malicious deeds. If only this kid knew just how unimportant all that really was. Sure he might have found himself in a sticky situation with his immediate surrounding peers, but in time all things are lost and obscured in the abyss that was the life of a Sunan Shinobi. It was true that the Anbu probably had a file on this kid, but this would be the first time he knew of him. Kaen wasn't the type to read files on people, he preferred to let his interactions with them tell him what he needed to know. Kaen watched as the boy turned his back and gave the go ahead to arrest him. "Go on. Arrest me for trespassing and destruction. Won't be the first time I got into trouble." Kaen cocked his head to the side in confusion. "Look kid, I'm not here to arrest you, nor do I care about what you might have done. The truth isn't always what we see in front of us. I'm sure you had a reason, good or not." Kaen squatted down and retrieved the kunai, inspecting it thoroughly. "Though you should probably be a little more careful down here all alone. You can get turned around pretty easy and you never know what might be lurking in the dark." Kaen twirled the kunai in his fingers, showing off some fancy fingerwork before throwing the kunai back into the dirt at Yumiko's feet. "You might wanna practice a little more with that thing, offing two lousy nobodies isn't near enough experience to cut it in a real fight." At this point Kaen might have sounded like he was downplaying Yumiko's experience. In truth Kaen had no idea how capable this kid was or wasn't, but as someone who will eventually grow into one of the many the shinobi of Sunagakure, Kaen wanted to be sure that he was being backed up by someone at least somewhat competent.

Kaguya Yumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yumiko turned around when the ANBU told him that he wasn't here to arrest him. And then he was talking about how he needs to be more careful.

"I don't really think that's an issue. The two nobodies that I killed were far more stronger than me." Without thinking, his left hand went up to take hold of the medallion. It still had the blood of the other family member on it. Maybe he should wash it off sometime.

And then the ANBU told him to practice more. "Okay. How about you teach me." He stomped on the ground, hitting the very top of the kunai to send it flying up into the air. He then grabbed it out of the air and did a neat spin, throwing it into the wall a couple yards away from the ANBU, just so that they know that he was just messing around, and not actually thinking of looking for a fight.

"Unless you're too busy with some kind of stupid secret mission kind of stuff." He leaned up against the wall, right next to where he made the cracks in it.

He sighed. "Your just like the rest of them. Thinking just because I killed some people that it was nothing. That they were just some kind of dead beat ninjas who were weak."

That's when he's made up his mind. Just a few seconds ago he kind of asked for him to teach him. But now that he has let all of this bottled up anger out, via hitting the wall and just talking his anger out. He feels ready for some actual training.

"Let's train. Right here. Right now. I want to be better. Teach me what you know ANBU."

(MFT 685)

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaen eyed the medallion when Yumiko presented it. Kaen wasn't really sure what it was meant to symbolize, but then again Kaen wasn't the most fluent with the various clans and traditions of each of them. Probably something he really should pay attention to, but often times other excuses came up and lore escaped him. The kid would then show off some finesse of his own while also making a proposition that sounded like an order that Kaen couldn't very well refuse. If this kid really wanted to prepare himself for the good fight, Kaen was just the person to show him just how over his head he really was.

"My time was otherwise occupied, but I suppose I can spare a few minutes." Kaen stretched his arms like he was preparing for some sort of exercise, but it was really just for show. He was already limbered up from this morning, perhaps it was showing Yumiko that he wasn't looking for a fight either. "Lesson one, never judge a book by it's cover. You've no idea how 'unlike' the others I really am..." Kaen could tell this kid had some pent up aggression, he knew the feeling all to well. Perhaps he just needed to show him that there were avenues in life where you can release the tension without having to earn any more of those medals. "But anyway, I accept. Let's hope you take something away from all this..." With a single hand Kaen cloaked himself in silence, an almost translucent shimmer washed over Kaen's body. Lesson two, you can't hit what you can't see." Suddenly Kaen's cloaked body seemed to almost meld with the surrounding darkness entirely, his body becoming wispy and blanketed in shadows. "Go on, let's see what you're made of." Kaen egged to crimson haired boy on, trying to provoke an attack. Assuming that Yumiko attacked, Kaen's body would easily part and give in to Yumiko's attack as the wisps of shadows that once shaped Kaen's likeness. All traces of him would vanish as the Anbu crept in the darkness watching Yumiko's reaction. "What do you do when the hunted becomes the hunter?" Kaen's voice echoed off the cold, damp walls, seemingly coming from every direction.

[OOC linked both the jutsu i used in the text and underlined them to easily see the linked words, essentially I poofed when Yumiko attacks and then entered stealth]

Kaguya Yumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yumiko smiled, now they were having some fun. The ANBU was making a show for himself before going poof, right before his eyes. He listened, quietly for any footsteps.

The ANBU kept talking, almost instigating him. Telling him that he doesn't know anything. And while that may be true, he can at least try and surprise the ANBU at least.

"Disappearing without a trace. I expected something more from an ANBU. Though he can't see, nor hear the sneaky operative. He does have a few ideas. He doesn't know any justsus, not that they would be of any help to him. Since he thinks whatever this is, will just won't matter about his chakra.

He walked to where there was water. He knows a million different scenarios in which this will be bad for him. But it was better than nothing. He stepped on to the water, what little chakra control he has, is erratic. Unstable. The chakra at his feet spurred water everywhere, making the ground wet and slippery.

He then walked back on to dry land and looked around for a semi weak wall. Once he found one, he punched it with his left hand until dust from above fell down. He looked around, happy of the mess he has made. Waiting to see if his work will reward him.

(MFT 907)

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
You can rest assured that blending in with the shadows isn't the only tool in my box... Kaen replied to Yumiko's sly taunt while watching his plan of action. He wasnt entirely sure what the water was intended to do, perhaps it was just a ploy to get inside his head and confuse him with silly tactics. But what he did next was a pleasant surprise as he found a way to reveal him without even using chakra. As the dust settled, it would do so on Kaen's near invisible body, outlining him quite nicely. "Very good, I'm surprised. Another good plan of attack, should you decide to try and make them pay for hiding and not just reveal them, use a ninjutsu that is especially devastating to the local area, like this." Kaen whipped through a couple handseals before rising his hand to his mouth. With a deep breath Kaen exhaled a rather large plume of fire that quickly grew into a massive Fireball. Kaen had pushed more chakra into it than what was needed to allow it to hit a wider area. The underground lake hissed as the ball of flames made contact and sent a cloud of steam into the air. "Can you perform ninjutsu? I can show you this technique if you would like, it's simple enough." If Yumiko was already capable of performing the fireball jutsu, he would move on, otherwise he would walk him through the hand seals required to use it.

Another great use for these wide striking jutsu, or area of effect types to put it simpler, is they can easily weed out numbers. Let me show you what I mean." Kaen, once again, would string together a quick few signs and then POOF, 2 more Kaens were created, clones to be exact. One of the Kaens would speak up and continue; "Clones can be extremely useful, in the right circumstances. But most people know that, the real trick is figuring out who the real adversary is. This is where that 'AoE' technique will come in handy. Go ahead and try it on me, let's see if you can figure out which one of us is the real one." The Kaens would spread a few meters away and would await the ninjutsu attack that would reveal who was who. The jutsu he taught him would only be capable of hitting two of the three Kaens, but that is all he would need to figure out who the real one is.

Kaguya Yumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
What Yumiko had in mind wasn't as effective as what the ANBU did. But now considering how he was teaching him a fire style justsu, he might as well try it out.

He tried to mimic what the ANBU had done, but he was no Uchiha. The first time, was a small fire spark that burnt his lips. "Ow! Stupid fire!"

The second one, he managed to make it go halfway, between him and the ANBU'S clones. Finally, he made one strong enough to wipe out both of them. The ANBU on the other hand, stood there, like it didn't even effect him.

Yumiko was unimpressed with himself. To try and do it three times before he could master it.

"Okay ANBU you now know that fire isn't my mind of style, considering how it took me three tries. What else you got?"

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaen watched as the young man struggled to perform the basic fire jutsu he taught him, the very notion of which escaped him considering how easy fire came to him. But he himself has fought many people with an incredible array of abilities. Perhaps fire just wasn't this guy's forte and instead possessed an aptitude for another area of ability. "Hmm..." Kaen placed his hand on the chin of his mask in contemplation. "Alright then, what ARE you good at?" This wasn't meant to be taken offensively but merely a sincere inquiry as to the boy's innate ability. Most everyone had at least one affinity to some type of jutsu, Kaen himself possessed many after many years of practice and dedication to the ninjutsu arts. "Perhaps we can expand on your own unique abilities, show me what you got, hold nothing back. I want to see what 'Yumiko' is. Kaen would raise both his arms in anticipation and would await whatever assault Yumiko threw his way. When the time came, Kaen would block all incoming attacks as best he could.

Kaguya Yumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yumiko only knew of one thing that he was really good at, that was also unique. But what he had in mind was something different. He wasn't going to do what the ANBU had in mind, of attacking him.

Instead, Yumiko shot bone shards out of his hands, embedding themselves into the cavern wall,all around the cracks that had formed when he last punched the wall. But he didn't stop there, he pulled out a bone out of his arm, sharp like a blade and sliced through a stalagmite with ease.

He stood up, admiring his work, even though he still has work to do. He then looked at his bone hand, and punched the ground as hard as he can, making some more cracks in the ground.

"I'm just starting to learn to master the whole my whole skeleton is a weapon thing, but it's better than trying my hand at fire style."

(1205)

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Intriguing, I think I read about this somewhere before. Quite the unique talent you have there, I can see taijutsu having a profound place in your future. Very well then, if ninjutsu is not your fortay, we can hone your body to deadly proportions." Kaen would reach into his hidden bag and pulled out a pair of kunai. Kaen himself was no master in the arts of Taijutsu as his specialty lied within the arts of ninjutsu, fire specifically, he knew a few tricks among the ranks of taijutsu. "Now you might have heard the same old saying that your weapon is an extension of the user. Seems that wont be an issue for you considering your body IS your weapon. This will give you a learning advantage among your peers. You can just focus on the attack and less on the wisdom." Kaen would walk himself over to a large pile of boulders to help demonstrate the lesson.

"I assume you are capable of manifesting a weapon? If so you can try after me." Kaen would then ready his kunai in preparation for the example. "The beauty of using an edged weapon is the end result, blood. Now these stones here don't have any, but you can get the idea. Taijutsu can be simple, like a quick slash;" Kaen would attack the nearest boulder attacking it twice with a quick slashing arc. "To more advanced techniques that require a little more practice;" Kaen would then slash off the top of a nearby stalagmite and proceed to keep it airborne with repeated slashing attacks. "And then if you practice to the point of mastery, you can begin to incorporate many things into your style, like so." Kaen would then fling the two kunai he had into the wall and slammed his hands together before pulling them apart and bring forth into existence a blade of energy.

"With enough time, dedication and a bit of your own sweat and blood, you can learn to bring everything you are together into a single, devastating, technique." At once the blade within Kaen's grasp burst to life and Kaen poured vast amounts of energy into the blade, beyond what would normally be capable of most shinobi [Pyromaniac's fire blast technique]. Kaen let loose a ferocious cry as he released his deadly Flourish into the air. The concussive waves of his blade swinging through the air cracks and melted the very ground around him. Surely if such an attack had been used on the walls around them, both would be forever buried in the resulting rubble. Kaen's blade receded back into nothingness and the fiery aura vanished. "I assume this is more your style?"

[MFT]

Kaguya Yumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yumiko was impressed with what the ANBU did with a sword. To just imagine to use that much power and destruction within it. To channel chakra to make it even more effective!

Yumiko can just imagine how well he would do, if it implied to his bone weapons. He pulled another bone out of his arm. It was just as sharp as the ANBU's sword, but in the hands of the Kaguya, it seemed pretty weak.

He took a look at the ANBU. "Okay. Yeah. That's my kind of style. Maybe when I get to your caliber of power I can do even more than you can do ANBU. Got any ideas how to use my bones even more?"

He shot some bone shards out of his arms all around him, making sure he didn't hit the ANBU. Which to his surprise, he didn't. All of his bone shards covered the cave, giving it a mysterious feel to it.

Then he had an idea. "Say ANBU. Are you looking into having people join your ranks? Someone of my unique capabilities will be invaluable in the long run when I have fully mastered my powers."

The young Kaguya would actually be excited if this were to happen. To be part of the ANBU. The elite and powerful. He looked at the bone in his hand, a wicked, sharp weapon that, in the right hands, can do much. In HIS hands, it can even be a more potent weapon than ever before.

Yumiko looked at the ANBU with a determined look in his eyes. This could be his chance. His chance to prove to the village that he isn't just like the others of his clan. That he can be better than many, if given the proper training.

(1501)

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaen's face was one of deep though, but to Yumiko it might just appear as silence given the mask that stood between his face and the boy's eyes. Then he would nod and place his hand on the boy's shoulder. "Sure thing kid, just so happens we will be holding a little exam to determine a new recruit soon." Kaen would pull out a scratch piece of paper and a pencil and jotted down an address. He would then hand it to the boy; "Be at that address two weeks from now, come prepared for anything, only the strong shall survive." Kaen would then turn away and begin to walk away and raised a single hand and gave a single motion wave. I'll see ya around kid, maybe our paths will cross again in the future." And with that the Anbu faded away into the darkness, mission completed...

[OOC topic left, tutor completed]

Kaguya Yumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yumiko was handed a piece of paper along with the date and time of the exam. He rubbed his head. He didn't know that it was going to be an actual exam. He could already tell that this will be a drag. A lot of people far more experienced trying to be part of the ANBU. ones that haven't slacked for five years like he has, after he got out of the academy.

Oh well. It just means that he has to train to become the very best. Or at least show the ANBU and those that he will be going against, that he is no joke.

He let himself smile a little bit. It was a challenge that he was going to accept. But for now... What was he going to do with all of these bones? Yumiko let out a disgruntled sigh, realizing he probably is going have to clean up this mess just so that there won't be any issues later on.

"The ANBU eh? Seems doable."

(Topic left)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back