Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

What The Future Holds[Tutor]

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Soku was in one of the empty classrooms her feet on a table as she leaned back in a chair tapping her foot. The note had been sent to the young ninja summoning them to Room 342, the Captain had gotten word of the new addition to the ranks and as the Main Branch Sennin was extremely busy in her duties, Soku had decided to help Asuka out a little and have some one-on one interaction with the young student. She only hoped the kid would prove far better than the last one, her expression turning into a frown at that. The details of that event still lingered in her mind. The Santaru was dressed in a standard ANBU uniform and her mask covered her mask rendering it impossible for anyone to decipher her facial features though within the slits in the mask for eyes, the three-tomoed pattern of the Sharingan within Soku's eyes could be seen whirring rapidly darting here and there awaiting the arrival of the newcomer."This is going to be an interesting one."The female said to herself quietly looking around the quiet classroom. The Academy...where new roots were born and grew into strong,powerful trees, it was a beginning of a shinobi's life, one they would value for a milennia, no ninja ever forgot their Academy experience, she still remembered hers like it was yesterday. She chuckled at the thought.

As an instructor, Soku was fair but strict and to the point, a trait she had picked up from her mentor, Yukio. She wondered sometimes if her teaching style was too rash, too aggressive. After all, being within the ANBU, the girl had gotten used to having to pay in blood,sweat and tears to acheive her goals and the expectations were rather high than it would be for a standard ninja. She shook her head washing away any doubt."You're overthinking it, let's just see what this new face brings to the table."The Captain remarked to herself confidently. After all, she would have to start somewhere and she had the perfect plan laid out for today's lesson. The kunoichi believed in a more practical approach to things and grinned shooting a glance at the wooden dummies set up near the chalkboard which was entirely blank. "This is going to be fun indeed."She said smiling.
WC: 387/1500
PC: 1/5
[OOC: Greetings! Just some basic rules regarding this tutor thread, in order for this tutor thread to be eligible for obtaining stat points and yen which you can use in your training, the site requirement is that you reach a minimum of 1500 words over 5 posts to obtain reward! After we complete this tutor thread, I will link it to the Yen Request thread where upon approval, you will obtain additional stat points and yen to utilize how you wish in your training! Let's have fun on this one!]

Kobayashi Yuuko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As soon as Yuuko got the note summoning her to Room 342 she would begin to make her way there. She would in fact do more than just make her way there. Yuuko would hurry every chance she got. She wasn't necessarily worried about being late to the tutoring session. It was more of that she liked to be early to any appointments. Not only that, but just as much as she hated letting people down she hated keeping them waiting. So off she would go as quickly as she could. Luckily she managed to find Room 342 without trouble even with her limited time at the academy.

She would walk into the room seeing a person, presumably her tutor, dressed in traditional ANBU clothing. Itsuki, her old mentor, had told her at times of the ANBU. He'd never gone into all to much detail on them, but she'd remembered him stressing that they were all very hard working people. Yuuko figured that the tutor, Santaru Soku as she would remember from the note, would be a bit of a rough teacher due to that. Yuuko didn't oppose that though. She would welcome a rough teacher with open arms because she had been taught better. She knew the teachers, and tutors that pushed her the hardest would likely make her grow the most. Having someone like that be her tutor would be in her mind an ideal situation.

"Hello Santaru Sensei." Yuuko would say to her with a bow. "My name is Kobayashi Yuuko. I was summoned to this room for tutoring." Yuuko would say still maintaining the bowing position. Itsuki had advised her to always great teachers with a bow, and to maintain it until dismissed or told to do something else. Yuuko would follow that advice closely as she believed she would need to be as best a student as possible in order to achieve her dreams.

WC: 319/1500
PC: 1/5

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The door swung open revealing the girl who was swift to introduce herself and sunk into a bow. The Santaru swung her feet off the table and made to rise from her chair waving off the respective gesture with a motion of her hand."Rise, there is no need to bow to me, after all, we are all comrades here, no?" Soku said her eyes flickering with a sign of kindness in them. Though in a sense, she was feeling good about this, perhaps things would not be as dire as they were last time. She moved around the desk to analyze the student her head nodding in appreciation and approval taking in the kunoichi's features."Usually, it would be someone from the Main Branch who would begin your instruction here at the Academy but seeing as the branch is currently occupied with other duties that require their attention, I offered to lend a hand and so here we are."She said waving around the empty classroom as the Captain went over to the dummies checking them giving them a hard smack occasionaly to make they were sturdy and functioning."I will warn you however, I am not the most easiest instructor, I am kind but I am also fair, I will point out your errors, it may be done so in a manner that you may not like but it is for your own sake so bear that in mind, Kobayashi Yuuko."She said trying her hand at the name. It was quite a mouthful to be fair,"I hope I said that right."She added chuckling slightly before clapping her hands together as if calling for attention.

"Right, today, we are going to do a little hands-on stuff. The Academy probably will beat you down with their extensive book material and whatnot and sitting in a chair for long periods of time can be hard so I decided to forego that for today, spare you that horror for today."She said smiling behind her mask."Though, before we start, I want you to tell me what sort of ninja you aspire to be, your goals in life, that sort of stuff, etc, etc."The woman said reaching down under the desk and placing a pouch on the desk and upon opening it, a set of kunai could be seen. They were all cleanly polished and sharpened ready for use at any given time."After which, I wish to test your general basic skills, no pressure, so that way, I can understand what we are working what unless of course there is a topic of interest you wish for me to cover?"She asked her eyebrow raised in question. Asuka probably would not approve of people attempting kunai throwing within the classrooms but the Main Branch Sennin was nowhere to be seen and as far as Soku was concerned, after the recent incidents, some simple dents in the floor shouldn't raise any eyebrows.
PC: 2/5
WC: 870/1500

Kobayashi Yuuko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuuko would rise from her bowed position as she was told to do so. Upon doing so she would notice the eyes of her instructor. They seemed to have a unique color, and pattern to them. Something Yuuko felt she had been told the name of before, though the memory currently escaped her grasp. More importantly despite the more intimidating nature of her instructors eyes the seemed to have kindness in them. Due to that she immediately found she had faith in Santaru Sensei's ability to teach. She was confident she'd leave the tutoring session much better off than before she had come.

Yuuko would listen to her instructors words intently nodding occasionally to show she was listening. After Santaru had walked to the wooden dummies, and explained her teaching methods Yuuko would smile some. Just as she had hoped it appeared she would have a very truthful, and educating lesson. She had always preferred someone to truthfully call out her flaws instead of letting them slide. How could she be expected to improve herself if she didn't know her own faults? When Santaru asked her about herself Yuuko would give a large smile excited. She'd always liked talking about her future plans, and what she wanted to do with her life.

"Well," She'd say pausing a bit to think, "my old mentor told me that I had good chakra, and that I picked up on the training easily. I'd like to be able to utilize that to the best of my ability, and ninjutsu. My mentor always said he wouldn't teach me ninjutsu so I'd like to try that." She'd continue before looking over at the pouch of kunai which laid on the desk. "I think I would also like to try working with the kunai. I don't know how I'd do with throwing them, but I think I'd do better with slashing, and other movements." She would say thinking herself over a bit. She figured that the movements of cleaning were slightly similar to those of weapon slashing. So maybe all the years she spent cleaning, and doing housework might make such things a little easier on her. "As to my goals I really just want to make my parents, and my mentor proud. So I guess I just want to be a strong, and honorable person." She would say finishing her answer to the question.

WC: 717/1500
PC: 2/5

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
As the girl talked, Soku listened not really offering a reaction as she grasped a kunai with her hands nodding."Well, I want to take you out of your comfort zone, expose you to the things that you may not feel so confident in doing because out here in the shinobi world, you will be tested by foes beyond your wildest imagining and they will utilize methods that will throw you off guard , break you down but you must adapt."She finished thrusting her hand forward smiling as the kunai thudded dead-center into the dummy."However, that is not to say your other skills will not be overlooked in any manner, they will most certainly be the backbone of your training and good chakra is essential if you wish to perform the even most mighty of jutsu, knowing how to use and manipulate can be a useful tool"She picked up a second kunai and without warning, almost causally, flung it at the student watching to see how she would react. It was a common method she used when training the fresh students. You had to be ready...for anything at any given time. Even now...what if the village came under attack while they were having their fun little lesson, though the chances of that were slim, there was a very real likelihood the scenario could occur and they had to be prepared to counter it. Trouble does not wait for you to recover, it strikes at the most perfect time, when you are off your guard.

After witnessing however the girl would react, the Captain would point at the dummies."There are three kunais set on this desk. One by one, I want you to attempt to land it in the dead-center of each dummy or close to it. I will not specify any given form you should use when throwing kunais as most ninja have their own method that feels best to them. Do whatever comes natural to you but please do try not to take off my head." She said chuckling slightly adding in some entertainment to the classroom setting."If you manage a satisfactory result, we shall move on to some basic ninjutsu techniques, kunai throwing comes first however. It is a shinobi's core essential skill, one of many you will need as you surpass those before you, who knows,might be the next Kage?"She added with a hint of suspense in her voice as she leant against a nearby wall, the Captain's ever-active Sharingan pupils scanning the girl's position and the way she went about performing the task.Almost reminds me of myself.Soku thought to herself smiling a bit. Funny how the past came back to haunt you, it was.
PC: 3/5
WC: 1317/1500

Kobayashi Yuuko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuuko would listen as Santaru spoke about her plans for the lesson. She most certainly didn't disagree with them. Something she felt was a bit of an unusual response considering what was said. Usual children were all about staying in their comfort zone, and never wanting to leave it. Yuuko however welcomed the action knowing it would only make her better in the end. Not to mention her instructor spoke only the truth. The world in general was a dangerous place. Even more so when one put themselves straight into the line of fire. So Yuuko welcomed the challenge of trying something new because the worst that could happen is finding out she had no talent for a particular skill.

Suddenly Santaru would throw one of the kunai towards Yuuko. It was moving moderately fast though one could tell it hadn't been thrown with full force. Fortunately enough for Yuuko her mentor had made a habit of doing something similar when she had trained under him. Anytime Yuuko had been doing something, such as her daily chores, he would toss a single chopstick at her. Sometimes as slowly, and softly as he could, and others time a seemingly full force throw. He had even on occasion done this while she had been practicing Leaf Concentration. During those times it was rare for her to evade much less catch, or knock away the projectile. During activities that required less concentration she had been more successful. What had been a smile on Yuuko's face would quickly fade into a much more serious look. She would step to her right while at the same time extending her right hand in front of her. She planned to attempt to grab the flying kunai. However having never attempted it before she hesitated not wanting to cut herself on its blade. Instead of catching it she push against its side with a flat palm. The kunai would spin sideways some getting knocked off its course. After it landed on the floor with a thud Yuuko would move back to her original location. Her smile would also return as she was glad to have succeeded with that job.

Yuuko would listen as Santaru Sensei explained the next thing she was supposed to do. She had never thrown a kunai before, but she had thrown chopsticks on occasion. Her past mentor would never let her handle actual weapons as he deemed it to dangerous for learning something entirely new. Yuuko would hope that throwing the kunai would be at least slightly similar to what she had done before. She'd move to the table picking up one of the kunai. She feel it for a bit examining it's weight, and how it felt in her hands. It was certainly a lot heavier than any chopstick she had ever thrown. Not only that, but the general way it sat in her hands was quite different. She wasn't really surprised at these things though. In her opinion someone who couldn't tell the difference between a chopstick, and any type of knife had no business handling either.

She'd hold one kunai in her right hand, and pick the other two up by the rings with her left. After that she would move to were she was supposed to throw from. For the first throw Yuuko would hold the kunai as close to the same way as she would have held the chopstick. She would attempt to throw it relatively the same as well. This essentially consisted of her holding it by the handle with the blade pointing the ceiling. Which would be following by a simple movement of bringing it up, and back before moving it forward quickly, and releasing. The kunai would move with little spin towards the dummy striking it, and lodging itself in though not close to the center. Yuuko wasn't surprised by the result. From the moment she released the knife something had felt wrong with the way she had done it.

So for the second throw she would attempt to change her technique. She'd shift the second kunai around in her hands a bit feeling it some. Eventually she would settle holding the kunai by the tip of the blade with her fingers. Her throwing motion would remain mostly unchanged except for the use of more wrist. This kunai would spin more than the first, and lodge into the dummy a bit closer to the center. Not all to much closer, but enough to make Yuuko smile some happy with progress.

She would, however, change her technique again for the third throw determined to explore her options. This time she would hold the kunai between her fingers as she made a fist with the ring hidden inside her hand. Fueled by determination to do better she would bring the kunai up, and across her body before moving it back. She'd then move it forward quickly throwing it at a bit diagonally. It would spin through the air before striking the dummy. This time the kunai would lodge itself closer to the center than the first two. It was relatively close, but far from perfect. There was, however, no denying that good progress was made from her first throw to her last. "How did I do Santaru Sensei?" She would ask almost beaming with excitement. There was nothing more joyous for her than making progress, and bettering herself. Yuuko had already found herself one step closer to her goal.

WC: 1628/1500
PC: 3/5

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She raised an eyebrow clearly impressed with the way the student had deflected the intial kunai. To be honest, Soku had expected the average student to freeze on the spot thinking what to do or stumble all over themselves out of sheer panic, it seems this would not be the case with this one. She hid a smile as best she could and watched the girl attempt the kunai throwing method, a neutral expression on her face as all three flew towards the dummy, though none of them hit dead-center, it was close enough to get a nod of approval from the Captain. The beaming expression on the student's face was enough to let loose a chuckle from the woman."Well, your aim could use a bit of work but I think you got the main concept down, I was half-expecting your projectiles to go wildly off target or something, they did not hit the center but it was close enough. The holding by the tip is an interesting method but if it works, go for it."She said walking over and pulling the kunais out of the dummies and there seemed to be a sudden change in her tone as the Captain's hand gripped the three kunai by the handle as she spoke dead-serious."However....your ability to avoid counterattacks and whatnot needs to be good too. After all.. I doubt most of your enemies are going to be training dummies."The ANBU said suddenly whirling around and flung the kunai in a pattern, one after the another though while she made sure it was not with lethal force, it would land very close to the girl's feet unless of course she managed to utilize some sort of method to deflect it. The student would have to get used to this, this was how the Captain taught, the lesson was never really truly over until she deemed it so, surprise things like this was what kept the people she taught on her toes."Never think the fight is over....never...the moment you get distracted..that one moment you take your eyes off the foe is the prime time for him to strike..many great ninja have fallen victim to this..."She said her expression hardening for a moment watching the projectiles fly towards the girl.

After the series of kunai throwing activites, the kunoichi would recollect the kunai depositing them back in that pouch of hers and and turn back to face the girl."I would take you further into the realm of ninjutsu and even if your chakra is as good as I presume it is, I would rather not destroy the Academy, ninjutsu can be a terrible thing if not controlled in the right manner. However, I will part with one final technique, I do believe they test you on this in your Academy graduation exams if I am not mistaken."She said frowning to herself. Soku had never really taken a basic Academy exam, her exam had been administered by the ANBU and that was a scary past to relive, she shuddered at the thought before snapping back to reality."Tell me, Yuuko, have you ever tried your hand at making a clone?"She spoke as her hands wove signs swiftly and there was a crackle of lightning that shot out from her hands towards the empty space next to her quickly forming into a exact duplicate of the Santaru."I don't expect it to be perfect but with clones, you can increase the amount of training you do with multiple bodies and plus, it is a common method used to confuse and evade foes, perfect for a quick getaway."She said winking before her hands formed the Release sign dispelling the jutsu,"Try it."She said encouraging the girl on gently.
PC: 4/5
WC: 1936/1500

Kobayashi Yuuko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuuko's large smile would persist up until the point that Santaru would throw more kunai at her. Upon seeing this it would fade once again moving into a more serious state. This time multiple kunai would be traveling towards her. Three to be exact. The same three kunai which she had just thrown into the wooden dummies. Her teacher had certainly made it clear that the lesson would end until it was completely over. In the incredibly short amount of time she had to think Yuuko would come to a decision. She would make no attempt to deflect any of the kunai. She had some skill with the act, but not enough to feel she could deflect all three. Yuuko also believed that if she attempted to deflect even one she could put herself in the way to get hit by the others. If that would prove to be the case she would be in trouble due to her perceived inability to deflect the others.

Yuuko would jump backward trusting that her memory served right that there was space behind her. As she went into the air she would make her body smaller tucking her arms, and legs in a bit. She'd maintain this position until she was close enough to put her feet back down, and land on the ground. After doing this Yuuko would look once again at her instructor who was already beginning to move into the next part of the lesson. Clones? I think Itsuki told me about these once. She would think to herself as Santaru explained the next thing she was to do. "Okay I'll try it." She'd say putting her hands up, and in front of her some. Yuuko would then attempt to make the same hand gestures that her teacher had made. At the same time she'd focus hard on her chakra willing it to form a clone. A crackle of lightning would move from Yuuko to the floor next to her. Though it was much smaller than Santaru's it indicated that she might have succeeded. A clone would form that would surprisingly look a fair bit like Yuuko. It was a bit smaller, and the proportions on it's face were off a bit. The clone was, however, a good one for being someone's first clone. "Did I do well?" She would ask eager to hear Santaru Sensei's opinion.

WC:2017/1500
PC:4/5

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She nodded in approval at the swift techniques utilized by the young genin simply tilting her head, a smile resting on her features.'Excellent, most excellent."She replied recollecting the kunai and wrapping them in the pouch she had brought along shaking it a bit to make sure they were alll secured within. Turning back around, the Captain watched with an raised eyebrow as Yuuko produced her clone which caused Soku to take a moment to analyze it before smiling."Impressive, not many could do such a perfect impersonation on their first attempt though I guess we have your good chakra pathways to thank for that, we'll make you into a fine shinobi yet."She said reaching out to pat the girl on the shoulder as she slung the pouch over her shoulder. She looked at the wooden dummies and decided to leave them as they were, the though of Asuka finding those things in her precious classrooms made her smile, it was a joyous sight to say the least. She glanced once more at the young asprining kunoichi before beckoning her forward. The Santaru always had a one-on-one with her mentees before concluding the lesson, it was a vital part of instructing, both parties gave their views and experiences, that was how new roots were born and blossomed into trees that would hold up the Village Hidden In The Leaves."You have done well today. You seem to have a firm grasp on basic concepts and a good head on your shoulders. The Academy will be rough, you will have times when you shine and times when you are at your lowest, today you shone but that will not always be the case. I speak from experience..."She said her expression darkening for a moment.

"Regardless of what path you walk in your life, remember you will always be confronted by challenge after challenge and as long as your raise your head and give it all you got, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to overcome it."She said holding out her hand for a fist bump. She felt a sort of pride in her chest, this year's bunch looked promising, a good improvement from what the last year had brought shaking the thought out of her head."I would love to stay and chat but I am afraid my time is running short, duty calls. If you ever feel the urge to see me or seek guidance, do not waver to seek me out. I can be found at the Santaru Clan estate at times, just ask to speak to the clan head."She said turning towards the classroom door, the sounds of her footsteps echoing as she made her way."Oh,Yuuko?"She turned back to look at the girl."Good luck at the Academy."Giving the girl a wink, she turned and proceeded down the hallway quietly humming to herself.
PC: 5/5
WC: 2410/1500
[Topic left unless stopped]
[Rewards requested]
[OOC: This is the end of our first tutoring thread. Congrats, you passed with flying colors! I have submitted a request for the thread to be looked over and approved for rewards to use in your training thread! This means an additional 35 stat points and 750 yen in your case! To conclude the thread, submit an RP post with the OOC note, [Topic left] to finish or if you wish to prolong the thread, you can submit a post with an OOC note indicating you have stopped me from leaving the RP.]

Kobayashi Yuuko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuuko would smile more as she approached her teacher when called. She'd listen to her talk her eyes filled with admiration for the woman in front of her. She'd found herself truly in luck to be tutored by such as amazing person. After her mentor gave her yet another small lesson, this time not including knives, she'd find herself feeling more thankful than ever. It was at that point that it became clear she had made the absolute right decision in joining the academy. Not only this, but she found herself driven to become an ANBU just as Santaru was. For she saw no better future than becoming a person like her, and surely if she did so her parents would be proud. Even her mother who had hated her since her brothers' births would have to feel at least some happiness for her.

As her teacher began to leave after wishing her luck both Yuuko, and her still there clone would bow down once again. "Thank you so much Santaru Sensei!" Yuuko would say happily before dispelling her jutsu. She'd wait a bit before leaving the room, and heading back to her place of residence. Even though she would physically leave that room then. The memory of her lesson there would most certainly prove to be one Yuuko would remember for years to come. A day which would hold a good amount of significance on her life even if all she had done was gone through tutoring. For it wasn't necessarily the tutoring itself that was important, but it was more of the lesson she learned there, and the person who had taught her.

WC: 2292/1500
PC: 5/5
[Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back