Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Why? Because I Can! [OPEN]

Riku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'THUD. THUD. THUD.'

The sound echoed loudly throughout the Ancient Forest. A small boy could be seen sending a left jab into a tree follow by a right jab. And then again. And again. And again. Fists becoming even more bruised and much bloodier with each consecutive punch. The hot sun beat down through the trees on to the shirtless child. Sweat beading up and rolling down his face and body. Soaking bangades covering his right eye. A shiny new head band donning the teen's forehead. A boy this young shouldn't have the muscle tone that his body reflected. Wild life, even though scared away by the child pounding away on the tree, seemed to move nearer and nearer to him. It was no doubt due to the forest guardian spirit dwelling within his fragile little being.

"If you keep doing that you're going to break you hands eventually."

"I'll....be....fine."

Riku spoke in between punches as not to distract him from the rhythm he had acquired. He felt every bit of pain from punching the tree repeatedly. Even each little splinter that broke off into his knuckles. While his hands were bloodied and bruised, the tree seemed perfectly fine. He was jealous almost. He wanted to be as strong, as sturdy as this tree. Able to endure hit after hit after hit and never sway.

"I insist you stop. The tee will when...we always win."

"Just...shut...up...I'm...trying...to...concen....trate"

He spoke aloud once again. Riku hadn't yet gotten use to the fact that he had a mythical being seal away in his body. or that they can communicate with one another through thought.

Riku was becoming exhausted quickly. He had been at this for hours with only a few breaks for water. His stomach rumbled, empty and asking for nutrition. Throat was dry. He started to get dizzy. Before he knew it, everything went black as his body collapsed to the ground.

WC: 320
MFT

Thread Created and Entered

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The investigation was going well by all accounts, though he was still dark on whether it was going well for him or not it didn't matter. He only wanted the best for the village, and that meant that if he'd acted poorly then like anyone else he should be punished.

Paper work had been mostly done. Keeping up with it would be impossible without the civilian help hired at the tower, he made sure to thank them regularly, though probably didn't do as good a job of thanking them as Shin would have. Though he was well mannered he didn't have that same air that Shin had, that same ability to blend in with anyone. Akira stood out, in size, shape, power, people didn't tend to look at him and assume that taunting him was a good idea, stories abound about how taunting him could result in death. In many ways he wondered if that was the cause of Kitsune's fear during their meeting. He'd played on it unfairly as well, but sometimes he felt it was a means to an end.

Walking along the Ancient Forest he remembered his entry exam into the ANBU. Shinbatsu's training area was hidden in there, he took all his killed targets there, when Akira went they were only in the early stages of rotting, their blood still weeping from their flesh. So many dead. How many had Akira killed now? Did the numbers of master and student match?

The thud of fist meeting wood could be heard somewhere nearby. Taking a detour he decided to go and take a look.

A few words could be heard, though from the distance and with several trees between him and the boy he couldn't quite make them out. It didn't help that each word seemed to be broken up by a strained breath. As he got closer he watched as the boy fell over.

Shaking his head he continued to move towards him at the same pace, a strolling walk. As he reached the boy he knelt by his side, Byakugan he said at a whisper, his one good eye allowing him to see the chakra lines, exhausted, flickering. He nodded as he thought about what the best thing would be to do. Forming a set of handseals he decided to try an energy transfer, placing his hand on the boy chakra left him and entered the boys system, illuminating the chakra coil with Akira's own colour.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Soft footsteps could be heard approaching the young child and the Raikage, though they didn't seem to be hurried or rushed footsteps. Emerging from the trees, the young boy's snowy white hair stood out amongst the dull greens of the forest. Kotsuko had a thick jacket and a scarf on over his black shirt and hefty beige pants, and a set of rugged boots seemed to be doing a good job of protecting the young boy's feet. On his back, Kotsuko carried a large canvas bag and In his hand was a cigarette, which he took a puff from occasionally. The young boy's calm grey eyes scanned over the scene in front of him, letting the young medic know that something was wrong. Approaching the Raikage and the other boy, Kotsuko set down his bag as he calmly looked over what was happening. "Oh boy, what do we have here? Dehydration? Over-exertion?" The young boy didn't look up to hear what the Raikage, Akira Saito, would respond with. Kotsuko was more focused on the boy who was passed out right in front of him. Noticing the Raikage's efforts to revitalize the boy with a transfer of vital energy, Kotsuko smirked a little. "Good thinking. That should have helped him quite a bit." The Sasaki's hands hovered just above the young boy's body, and he slowly moved them over his chest and stomach regions. He wanted to see to what extent the extra energy that had been pumped into the young boy's body was taking effect, and how much of it was going to waste. Chakra systems were one of the many fields which the young boy studied in the hospital, so he had quite an experienced repertoire of knowledge regarding this subject.

As he examined the unconscious boy's chakra system, he realized that something else was eating up the chakra Saito had pumped in. It was working, but a bit inefficiently. Some of it was leaking in certain parts of the network, almost like it was being used by something other than its intended target. Curious. The young boy wanted to come back to that later, but for right now he needed to guarantee the unconscious child was getting the chakra he needed. Turning to Saito for a second, the Sasaki talked to him while he worked. "I need you to keep doing that, okay? Just a steady stream of chakra, not too much. Wouldn't want to overload his system." Kotsuko wanted to keep the other man involved, so that at the very least he could focus on helping the kid, and not trying to explain what was happening to the Raikage. There'd be time for that later. Focusing some of his chakra into his fingers, the young boy began to systematically trace a path that he wanted the Raikage's chakra to flow to. It was a path that could get the chakra to the young boy's heart and brain much faster, while also avoiding those areas that seemed to be taking in too much energy. Next, Kotsuko began to methodically block of the other paths Saito's chakra could go—Kotsuko would force the added chakra to go where it needed to. After a few more minutes of this, the young boy's consciousness should have been returning as the Raikage's chakra made it through to his system. "Hey there, can you hear me? I'm Kotsuko, okay? Tell me, what's your name?" This was standard procedure. Kotsuko was trying make sure the kid was properly conscious. He asked the kid a simple question, what his name was. If he could get the kid to stay conscious, then things would work out well for him. Kotsuko maintained his calm and focused exterior, not letting the stresses of trying to keep this kid alive from showing.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: I know I'm posting out of order, but figured that with Riku unconscious and Akira assisting the mednin trainee it'd make sense]

I guess so. Judging from the damage to that tree and his hands I would say training. When I arrived he had exerted himself to the point where his chakra system seemed to be failing so I thought I'd give him a boost. I can see that it's leaking out of the system somehow, but I'm not sure how or why. He could see the chakra enter and then leave the system, not super quickly, but enough to make him doubt the usefulness of his technique.

The boy asked Akira to continue giving the boy chakra, not too much, just a steady stream. Akira could manage that, and forming the handseals he did as he was told. It seemed that this boy must have been one of the medical trainee's. Then it dawned on him. This was the boy that Kitsune had asked to place a black mark on. He'd keep quiet about that till a more appropriate time.

He watched silently, his Byakugan giving him a first hand view of what the boy was doing with the others chakra system in the hope of allowing him to regain consciousness.

Riku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy's body lying on the forest floor with the darkness taking over. Hardly any movement could be seen amongst his frail figure. Including that of his breathing. Shallow as it was, at least he was still breathing. One man joined the scene, attempting to revitalize Riku by transferring some chakra to him. But even though Riku was unconscious, that did not stop his natural bloodline traits to continue as they did. Hid body delivered a light shock to those who touched him directly. Regardless of their intentions.

A very handy self defense mechanism, albeit annoying at times. He couldn't control it. Not enough to make it stop. Causing physical contact with anyone to be very awkward and some times humiliating. He couldn't even hug his younger siblings. Such a shame.

Another joined the group, this one a skilled medic. Lucky for Riku. He too would soon discover Riku's Santaru bloodline as a simple touch of his skin send volts into the unsuspecting victim.

The two gentlemen examining and aiding the boy would see the chakra being sucked in through his core. Seemingly wasted. It's bad enough his chakra control wasn't good enough to begin with, but the spirit dwelling within his being also absorbed any excess chakra. Though right now, he was taking more than usual and it was draining Riku of all his energy and life.
Subconscious said:
Deep within Riku's subconscious, he was surrounded by darkness. Approached by a tall, mythical creature who body was composed purely of nature itself.

"Mori."

"I warned you, Riku. You shouldn't have pushed yourself so hard."

"Cut the shit and help me out, will ya?"

"Why should I help you? You refuse to head my warnings or take my advice. You do nothing but use me when you need the help. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't let you die where you lie."

"You will die too."

"Maybe it is my time."

Riku was becoming irritated. Maybe it was his current home life. Or lack there of. Maybe by the fact that he was more reckless than anything. Allowing himself to be caught in such a situation. Maybe it was the spirit refusing to help. Maybe it was everything.

"Look, I didn't ask for you to be sealed within my body. I had no say in this."

"Neither did I. But it would be beneficial for us both if we worked together instead of against one another."

"Maybe you're right, Mori-sama. I'm sorry."

"That's all I wanted."

The forest spirit held out it's tree limb like arms, a wave of chakra rushing over Riku.

Back in the forest, both shinobi would see a strange greenish aura emanate from Riku's core. Growing larger by the second before exploding throughout the child's entire body. With a sudden gasp for air following by a few chocking coughs, Riku felt resurrected. He put his palms on the ground and pushed himself to sit up and lean back onto the tree he had once been training with. He saw the two figures around him, though his vision was still blurry he assumed them to be friendly. Otherwise he would already be dead. "Tani-" Riku thought about it, he really didn't care for his surname. In fact he had practically shunned himself out of his own family. "Santaru. Riku Santaru." He spoke with a raspy voice. Mouth dryer than the deserts of the wind country.

Riku reached for his pack, rummaging around for his canteen of water. Once locating it amongst the various tools and study material, he opened the cap and tilted his head back ready to pour the contents into his gaping mouth. However, the canteen only yielded dry air as it had been emptied earlier in Riku's training process before he neglected to retrieve more. An idiotic grin plastered on his face as he realized how ironic this was as he tossed the empty canteen to the side. "Don't suppose either of you have a bit of water?" Riku's one good eye focused on one figure then the other. One of the two shinobi that had come to his aid was the Raikage. However Riku didn't know this, having never seen him before in person.

WC:703
MFT

OOC: This ought to be fun :D

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The shock from the young boy's body wasn't enough to phase Kotsuko. Lightning was his natural element. A little jolt like that wouldn't be enough to knock him off his guard. Kotsuko remained firm during his treatment of the young boy, concentrating through the jolts of electricity he was sending into Kotsuko's body. As soon as the young boy had a managed to block off the last of the chakra points that the young boy's chakra was escaping from, he could feel the effect starting to work. Color seemed to be returning to the young boy's face, and he could feel his chakra pools getting larger and larger. Suddenly, however, the boy's chakra levels spiked much higher than he'd anticipated, knocking the unsuspecting Kotsuko back a few meters. He landed on his feet, gracefully enough, and turned back to the kid with a furrowed brow that showed his slight confusion. Where was all of this energy coming from? This chakra had an odd feeling to it, though the young man couldn't quite put his finger on it. However, as soon as it came the odd chakra receded back into the young boy's body. After a few moments, Kotsuko wouldn't be able to feel it anymore. Odd. The young man would have to find out just what the heck that was.

However, his patient was now fully conscious. Walking back over, Kotsuko began to lightly prod the young boy's body. As he did, he spoke with a calm voice. "Riku, huh? That's a good name! Don't worry, we'll figure it out." As he said that, the young man brought one of his hands to his side and began to channel his chakra. Rising out of a hidden compartment, a steady stream of iron sand began to slither out and hover in the air. The sand slowly began to form itself into a cup shape, hardening and solidifying into something solid. After a moment more, Kotsuko brushed his hand past the newly formed cup, bringing it in front of himself for it to float right between him and Riku. Kotsuko smiled at the young boy, reaching for something in the canvas bag he'd been carrying. "You're in luck, kid. I was just on my way to start a short hike up the mountain, so I've got a bottle or two with me." Procuring the liquid ambrosia, Kotsuko opened the cap and poured the water into the floating cup. Motioning towards it, Kotsuko simply spoke, "Drink up. It's not going to bite you." If Riku took the cup, Kotsuko would stop channeling his magnetic chakra, allowing gravity to take over and have it settle in Riku's hands. He'd be free to drink it from there.

As the young man placed the water bottle on the ground, he stood up to stretch his legs. He'd been squatting for a little bit, after all. Turning to Saito, Kotsuko figured the boy was stable enough to allow him to handle drinking some water without help. "Thank you, sir. I know it might have been a little forward of me to speak to you that way, but considering the circumstances..." He didn't need to say more. He did what he needed to make sure the kid survived. And survive he did. The young man wondered what would happen next, though. Turning back to Riku, Kotsuko watched him with his eternally cloud grey eyes. "Feeling better? Nothing else hurts or anything like that?"

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira had ignored the lightning sparks which hit his hand. It hadn't been much, enough to cause a discomfort, but not enough to make him flinch.

He continued to watch the progress with his byakugan, stopping from continuing his flow of chakra as he watched the boys chakra and another chakra flow back into him. So that's what it was.. he thought to himself, the lost chakra making sense. Wondering about what had happened between the boy and his inner demon to cause it to withhold chakra from sustaining the boys life. Looking at the boy as conciousness returned to him he gave his name with a moment of hesitation, the clan didn't surprise him with the sparks from tough, and asked for some water.

The mednin seemed to have some so Akira kept quiet as he produced it for the boy to drink from using a sand jutsu to hold the water, Akira wondered how that would be a good idea... but decided not to question it. From Akira's battles with sand using shinobi, water had seemed to be a weakness, the sand being in grains meant that it soaked the sand making it less able to be manipulated. He supposed that perhaps in this case it was hardened, but that would only make the length of time it'd hold longer rather than waterproof it.

While Riku drank, Kotsuko addressed Akira, apologising for the way he was addressed. Akira simply shrugged and shook his head It doesn't matter. In the end it didn't matter what they'd done, the boy would have survived without their interference, Akira could see that based on how the chakra had changed.

Their attention went back to Riku as he finished his drink. Akira waiting for him to answer Kotsuko's question, his Byakugan deactivating.

Riku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riku watched as the boy before him created a cup out of shifting sand then poured a bit of water into it. Too his surprise the water did not leak from the cup. The cup floated between them, Riku some what hesitant to take it. It's not that he didn't trust the medical shinobi, but who would ever want to drink out of a cup made of sand? His mouth was already dry as a desert. But to put sand in it? And worse yet, watery sand. He could already imagine the clumps of sand being forced between his teeth and sliding down his throat. Yuck.

As parched as he was, Riku had no choice but to take the water so graciously offered to him. With the cup in his hands, Riku starred down into it's opening. He couldn't see any loose sand floating around. And with a small swig, he didn't detect any in his mouth either. Surprised again, Riku gulped down the precious liquid until it was all gone. He felt much better but was still thirsty.

Setting the cup on the ground, Riku glanced up towards the provider of water. "Thanks Kotsuko." Riku attempted to push himself up, but his muscles were weak, fatigued. "Sore and achy muscles, but I think I'll live. Guess I'm finished training for now though." Giving it another try, Riku pushed himself onto his feet then forced himself to stand up. Though he seemed a bit wobbly and unbalanced as he staggered back and forth even while simply standing. Then all of a sudden his bowels echoed a loud gurgling sound. A tad bit embarrassed, Riku spoke "Maybe a little hungry too."

Using the tree he once pounded as his leaning post, Riku looked over his two saviors. "A hike, huh? Sounds nice." The other person had hardly ever spoke. He was strange, Riku didn't recognize him. "What brings you all the way out here?" It was a remote part of the forest. he had been training at this particular location for months now and rarely had he ever had visitors. The teenager sounded a bit more brash then he should of. of course, he didn't know who he was talking to.

"Careful how you speak, he's a lot stronger than you."

The voice within bellowed in his thoughts. This brought interest and curiosity into Riku's emerald tinted eye. His left eye still covered by soaking bandages. Probably wasn't very safe as. But Riku had other things on his mind.

WC: 418
MFT

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As the young boy answered more an more questions, Kotsuko felt confident that he'd be alright. While Saito was able to see the young boy's inner demon, Kotsuko did not have such abilities. For him to discover such secrets, the young boy would need an ample amount of time in the lab to dissect and examine the kid's physiology to find the demon's seal. However, he obviously didn't have such a luxury here. Instead, the Kotsuko would content himself by seeing the young boy in proper physical health. "That's good to hear. Some rest should do you wonders." Automatically, without thinking much of it, the young boy waved his hand over the metal cup. Breaking it down back into its component iron sand, the young man stored it back into the gourds he carried with him. If he needed to make another cup, he would deal with it then. Maintaining his attention on the young boy, Kotsuko spoke deliberately and calmly. His eyes held a deep knowledge to them, almost more than what there seemed to be. "You shouldn't push your body to such extremes. You only get one of them, you know." A wry smile twisted onto his face, though it was easily taken as a genuinely kind smile. If it looked odd, that might just have been how Kotsuko smiled. The white haired man looked up at one of the tall peaks in the distance, a look of forlorn longing on his face. "Well, I guess I won't get to check out those meteors..." His voice trailed off, leaving that topic hanging in the air.

Snapping back to reality, the young man looked back to the two others around him with a look of slight embarrassment. "Oh, did I say that? So sorry, my mind sometimes slips away from me." Kotsuko looked between the two of them, wondering what they might think. Getting a read on Saito was turning out to be a Herculean effort, though the kid seemed to be a rather easy read. Young, ambitious, a little foolhardy, and conveniently predisposed to pushing himself to his absolute limits. Kotsuko might be able to use that. For now, he merely let out a deep sigh and sat himself down properly among the mountain grass and rocks. "I must say, I am curious as well. This seems like a rather odd place for a man in your position to be." Kotsuko looked to the Raikage with a slight twinkle in his eyes. He genuinely was curious as to why the Raikage was all the way out here. A calming walk? A secret meeting? A love interest? Either way, his being here might be a little odd for a man who's position demanded his constant attention to an influx of paperwork.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The two interacted asking and answering questions. Akira was making sure that the boy seemed stable, and though he was clearly still recovering he seemed at relative ease. The comment about not getting to check out the meteors was an unusual one, but he assumed it was to do with the hike. Though he wondered if the boy had timed his walk to the point of arriving at the exact moment the meteors would arrive. Still, it wasn't for Akira to question, in the end the youth of the village all had their own little nuances.

Both seemed to be curious about Akira being there. One clearly understood who he was, the other not so much.

I used to come out here quite often. I basically lived further into the forest for a period of time as in there is where my masters dojo is. Or I assume it remains there still. He answered the first question, looking from one to the other and then continuing to answer the second question.

A man of my position needs to remain connected to the village. To be in solitude would only mean I would know less about those I protect, and might mean that I am protecting them in the wrong way, or from the wrong things. He hoped that answered the question, combined with his previous answer clearly this particular walk was his reconnecting with his own childhood, remembering the times when he was their age. The first time his sensei took him and a class into the woods for a camping trip, only for them to be set on by wolves. Faint scars still dotted Akira's thigh from where one of the beasts had bit him. That day was the day he awakened his byakugan. It was the first time he had protected his friend, Hayata Shin, from danger.

You can go on your hike if you want to still catch the meteors. I'm sure I can get Riku to some food and then home for rest. If you need water then I can create some for you. It wouldn't be an issue. His mastery over all of the elements meant that he could do so in many forms, but hadn't earlier for Riku because he didn't want to interrupt Kotsuko's desire to aid the boy, deciding that letting him do things his own way was for the best and would allow the boy to show off his own talents.

Riku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You shouldn't push your body to such extremes. You only get one of them, you know."

Riku laughed softly at this remark. It was true, he did have a tendency to push his self too far...and then keep pushing. But how else what he ever going to realize his goal? "You make a valid point, Kotsuko-san. But I only push myself to make myself better. I want to become a great shinobi, one of the best the village has ever seen. And when that happens, I'll protect the village by becoming the Raikage." Riku stated with such pride. A hopeful gleam in his eyes. It's the reason he continued to train himself as he did.

Riku was so in the zone, he didn't even hear the strange comment about meteors. He would return to reality about the same time as Kotsuko did. Just in time to hear the healer say A man in your position. Riku's ears perked up. What did he mean by that? Balled fists covered with bruises and dried blood rubbed his eyes until he could see clearly. "Rai...Raikage-sama?" Riku instantly took a bow to show respect. "Lord Raikage, I apologize. I must sound like a fool." He stated. Riku felt embarrassed for not recognizing him sooner. Though he had never really had seen the Raikage before he still blames himself for not knowing.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
This kid sure was a tough one. Even in his beaten up state, he was still talking up how important it was for him to push himself beyond his limits. Kotsuko was never that kind of person, usually preferring to not just run straight into situations like that. Still, he had to respect the young boy's willpower and determination. "Suit yourself, kid. You keep on pushing yourself. I guess, at the very least, you'll keep me in a job." Kotsuko was trying his best to hold a smile in, though, as the kid was talking about how he was supposed to be the Raikage. When he managed to connect the dots that Saito was the very man he was trying to surpass, the young man couldn't help from grinning just a bit. How humorous. Moving past the comical aspect of it all, the Sasaki instead focused his attention on the Raikage's answers. "Nostalgia? I suppose the past helps us to see where we are now." Such a bemused and roundabout way of talking, but it suited Kotsuko. He was by no means a straightforward man. "Why don't we try to find that old Dojo of yours? It can't be too far, and it would be a chance to make sure that Riku here doesn't end up nearly killing himself again." Kotsuko wasn't exactly the definition of a model doctor, but when he was in the presence of the Raikage he'd better make it seem like that. Him taking care of Riku was the number one priority right now. That, and getting a chance to talk with their village's leader for a time.

And as they talked, the man was intriguing Kotsuko more and more. Saito seemed to be of a noble heart, wanting nothing more than to be there for his village and do the best he could for them. It was good to hear. "How very noble of you, Raikage. A job like that must get tiring." Merely an observation on the young man's part, he meant nothing by it. Kotsuko could never understand why people would want to be the Raikage, seeing as how much effort and accountability it required. He was perfectly happy to let someone else take up that job. All the power to those who wanted the position, but the young white haired man still thought them crazy. He was pulled away from his thoughts, though, by the Raikage's offer for Kotsuko to be able to continue on his hike and leave the care of Riku to him.

Kotsuko began to chuckle. The Raikage's offer for him to be able to leave was well received, but wholly unnecessary. "Oh no, not at all. This is far more important right now. They're just rocks — I don't expect them to go anywhere. I'm just a collector, is all." Kotsuko bent down over the bag that he'd placed down on the ground earlier and procured a few rough looking chunks of glistening rock. "They fell a while ago, and I've been trying to find all of them for a little bit now. These meteorites have some special properties to them, is all. They've got a high concentration of some rare metals in them which can be pretty useful." A smirk was plastered on the young man's lips as he placed the large rock back into the bag. "But enough of that. I don't want to bore you both with my obsessions."

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira smiled a bit at the boy claiming how he was going to become Raikage. For a moment he wondered if he'd ever held that aspiration, but knew that it was never in his plans. His place when he was younger was to serve, at the time he didn't see that as the position of Raikage, but now he understood that perhaps that's what would make him a great Raikage. He was a servant still, just his master had changed.

Still when the boy realised just who he'd said the in front of Akira looked to Kotsuko and noticed the others amusement. Yet he then suggested going to see if they could find Shinbatsu's dojo.

Akira's face changed from friendly to quite serious. The idea of taking people there... he'd not taken anyone there for about twenty years. Not since he was first an ANBU Sennin, young and looking for a pupil who could be to him what he was to Shinbatsu. Something which was never to pass. He wondered if the man in the forest was still there... If so, how old would he be now... how alone... how sane?

Kotsuko turned down the offer of leaving the pair to it, and explained a little on the meteors. Akira decided not to probe too much into the idea.

Wondering about the idea of finding the dojo Akira looked at Riku.

If you both feel up to it we could go have a look. I know where it is, but there is a man who lives there, and he is a murderer by trade so be careful and stay nearby.

If both were interested (ie, if Riku is okay) then he would lead them into the forest. It was a decent distance in, close to the boarder of the village, so idle conversation would likely be had before they would begin to reach the area.

The first thing noticed would that the forest floor would slowly change from dirt, leaves, tree roots, to be tree roots and bone. The skeletons of humans would become more and more frequent, many with broken bones where feet had trod on them in times past, many with various damage caused by blades. As they reached this area Akira would explain what the pair were seeing.

These are the victims of Shinbatsu. He only took missions which required battle, after killing his victims he would bring their bodies here, leaving them to rot in the open air to keep away anyone interested in the area. Looking up at the massive trees he voiced an observation It seems as though the tree's here are taller than those closer to the village. Perhaps they served another purpose in death.

Riku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Genin rose from his bow a little dizzy but otherwise fine. He listened to the medical ninja speak to the Raikage talking about rocks falling from the sky. Which sounded really interesting and a rare sight to see. On the other hand, he could go visit the dojo of the Raikage's master. when would he ever have such an opportunity like this again?

Really, Riku should be trying to recover from his most recent bout of exhaustion but with the idea of see the Raikage's Masters' dojo, he seemed to have a renewed sense of energy. "Are you kidding? I wouldn't pass this up for the world!" Riku exclaimed happily. Seeing this dojo could give the boy some insight on becoming Raikage some day. Riku heard the part of the man taking residence at the Dojo being a murderer but it simply went over his head as he was more focused on visiting the Dojo itself than anything.

Step by step Riku followed the Raikage through the forest as he thought about this dojo and remember Akira speaking of a murder living at the Dojo. "What did you mean by a murderer lives out there?" His question would be answered shortly by bones and full human skeletons becoming more frequent as they journeyed on. The stench of death and decay filled the air causing Riku to gag. A rag found his ruck sack would soon cover his mouth and nose to try and keep the stink away. It only slightly worked, but it was better than directly inhaling it.

"What has happened to my beautiful forest?"

The spirit sealed within the boy witnessed the very same thing as Riku. It had been nearly sixteen years since Mori roamed free as protector of the forest. So much has changed in that time.

"Who is this Shinbatsu person?" More importantly, why would he only take mission where he could kill? And why bring the bodies back to the forest? Why would anyone does something like this?

The Raikage mentioned something about the tree being taller here than around the village. Riku glanced up and noted this. Did it have something to do with having human bodies as fertilizer?

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Oh?" Kotsuko's face had grown skeptical and inquisitive at the Raikage's odd reaction to the suggestion. They'd only suggested going to see an old dojo, so why was he getting so worked up over it? There were only a few reasons that Kotsuko could think of: there was some sort of danger there; some dark secret was hidden there that the Raikage didn't wish to be found; he felt like it was a treasured memory of his, and so he didn't want anyone to intrude upon his nostalgia. The first one seemed the most likely, but at the same time the east troublesome. They were with the Raikage, after all, and so it made little sense to think there was a man living there whom Akira would be unable to defeat. The second one sounded the most interesting, as it would be rather amusing to learn something bad like that about the man. This seemed highly unlikely, though, so Kotsuko wrote it off as his own desire to find something like that. The third one was just outlandish, and so he dismissed it as just a fanciful thought. Squaring himself, Kotsuko responded with a rather aloof demeanor. "I'm sure whatever we find there won't be that bad. You are the Raikage, after all, so I kind of doubt we'd be in much danger." Hearing the other boy, Riku, chime in with his own desire to go as well, Kotsuko's lips turned into a coy smirk. "Then it's decided. Let's go see this dojo then!"

The three of the set off, with Akira leading the charge. He was the one who knew the path, and so Kotsuko resigned himself to merely following his village's leader down the snaking paths. For a while, the path was calm and easy going. The dirt was soft, and the trees swayed rhythmically. There was the sweet scent of pine in the air, thanks to the magnificent trees that grew in these parts. All things considered, this was a rather peaceful time. However, Kotsuko was beginning to notice some subtle differences as they kept going. The trees were turning browner, the dirt was getting courser, and the sweet scent that had filled the air was beginning to curdle. They had arrived at the dojo. "Man, what a cheery place. I love the touch with the dead people everywhere. This Shinbatsu guy must have been a hell of an interior decorator." Sarcasm aside, it was rather odd how gruesome this place was. The skeletons lying around didn't really bother Kotsuko as much as how cliche the whole thing was. "If he was a Kumogakure shinobi, then he must have been one hell of an asset to be this efficient. What ever happened to him?" Kotsuko had to admire the man's boldness. He was, essentially, advertising his strength to anyone around here. It was practically and invitation that read: "I am, literally, this terrifying. Just try and kill me." Kotsuko's eyes swept over the place, looking for anything that might be out of place here. After all, Akira did say that a murderer was said to live here. Hopefully he didn't mean that Shinbatsu was still alive and well in his home.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mmmm. You should have seen the land when the bodies were fresh. Akira said, almost abiguous to the sarcasm as Kotsuko made his comment about the location. His eyes were still skyward, looking at the trees, his mind wondering why they had grown so large. The feeling of the place was as though Shinbatsu had never left though. This overwhelming sense of insecurity. That at any moment all three of them could die.

Then the question was asked of who Shinbatsu was. Akira's eyes dropped to look first at Riku who asked the question, but then turned to Kotsuko after he too seemed to not know.

Shinbatsu was more than a shinobi. He was the Sixth Raikage of Kumogakure of the fifth era. Taller than me, he was my master, and he was taken from this world by Raiden himself, or so they say, though others say he simply retook his place amongst the gods, the truth behind his original name unknown to all. The infamous death brothers fought him two versus one before they caused chaos at the gates, and fell before him like they were nothing. It took a half dozen other shinobi to bring them down, including Rin and Masao. I was still young, I remember the conflicts well.

Blinking he seemed to return to the present, his vision previously lost to the past. He started walking forwards again, his voice stating one last truth to the reign of Shinbatsu.

Clouds enemies stayed away due to fear of a single man. And that man left the village under my guard after he left.

It was a lot to bear, and Akira hadn't done well. After Shinbatsu there had been a series of attacks in the village, every time when he had retired. A sign... perhaps... but he was back now. Perhaps it was his fate to be where he was today.

This way.

He said leading the pair further.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back