Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Winding Up or Down | Contract Search

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was little going through his mind as he saw the white beast charging in his direction. The hand shielding his eyes dropped as if purposefully leaving his face open, dull and damped expression, awaiting death. Before the white tiger could land the initial strike, the red lion had interfered. He remembered just how out of place he was in the world as the powerful felines collided with one another in mid-air. Kanaki, the red one, was trying to explain the situation but the wrath of Kanzagan's sister wasn't willing to hear a word. There was a sinking feeling as he watched Kanaki being struck by the savage blow and tossed into the distance. He hated the feeling he got from it, from anyone, going out of their way for him. If he could have he would have stopped Kanaki, but it was already done with and Fubuki was already focused on Makeinu once more.

The sudden onslaught took the boy by storm, in the flash of a second frigid claws were ripping at his flesh as he was pinned to the floor. So small was he, that the young boy scarcely spread beneath half the creature's torso. As swipe after swipe rained down on him in rapid, savage, succession, he would only then feel the effects of the wind and ice that had struck him first. Everything was happening so face, and the pain was there, and not as it was numbed by the sub-zero temperatures. His thick, dark, and altered blood would splash about and quench the land's thirst. Sand streams tried in vain to block the attacks, being cut through like butter with a burning blade. Claws of an angry tigress marred the very bones that formed his ribs. He couldn't hear anything over the blizzard and her angry snarls.

It seemed like forever as he laid there, getting torn apart. As strong as the beast was, it could have murdered the child in one fell swoop and been done with it. This was intentional torture, an attempt at making him suffer even more for the death of her brother. It was more than blind rage, and the way she effortlessly dealt with Kanaki in such a callous manner replayed itself over and over in the boy's mind. This wasn't why he existed. It hadn't a thing to do with why he was in Kaze no Kuni, or his connection to Shiori and the life she was trying to carve out for him. It was asinine. The tears that rolled out were the uncontrolled responses to his mounting frustrations more than pain itself, he had given himself to be killed and yet this...Thing, was treating him like a mouse that it could slap around in the corner. He had followed the cub, joined their trials, and now raced towards the brink of death. Curiosity killed the cat...However; Makeinu was a son of man. He fought to keep his eyes open, but once they closed-
2ymu8tg.png
"I guess you don't really give a shit about Shiori, can't imagine why you keep lyin' to yaself 'bout it." The voice came from within, and from the darkness behind his lids a familiar masked face emerged stark white with that singular crimson eye beaming. It brought back memories of both the first and second personal hallucinations or dreams he'd had involving Mikaboshi. In contrast to the ebony smoke and shadow that had composed his foster uncle's wretched form, the wisps of ivory smoke and random splotches of the same color stained the dark of his mind behind a caricature of his own altered face. "You might as well fuggedabout that dame Azusa too, yanno' damn well that broad knows you're a total freak." The elongated teeth that were zipped closed across his breathing mask didn't move, the voice coming from all angles and disembodied. "Fuck off." A voice consciously his own pushed out, finding himself defiant against his inner self. "Ooh, we gotta tough guy! Heeheehee! Ahah! Ahoe- Hooo- Do yaself a favor and die, Ikuko's waitin' chump."

"What makes you think I want him anywhere near me?!" A feminine thought, audible within his own psyche and as alien as the other version of self. Sifting his focus elsewhere within his thoughts to identify the source he would see Ikuko herself, changed somewhat through death now bearing black scleras and eyes opposite their original sapphire. "Who-" "Speak of the Devil." The large disembodied face added, snickering mischievously as the slightly taller female stepped further out of nothingness at the boy's side. "I can't believe I got killed by you, you little psychopath." Makeinu's shoulders, now manifested along with the rest of his form wherever this plane of existence laid, sunk an inch. "Not like I'd feel bad for killin' a little slut like you. Screwin' the tea-" *Smack*

A resounding slap silenced his belligerent tirade, courtesy of one Takehiko Ikuko. The force had turned the boy's head, forcing him to look at the darkness that was their ground. "You don't know anything! How dare you judge me!? You don't have a clue about my life or why I did those things. What makes you so much better? Why should you live and not me? What right did you have?!" She would screech, the sound waves causing Makeinu's grayed flesh to ripple. Tears of blood cascaded down her soft cheeks in a flood, and landed at their feet. There was a visible flinch from the boy at the end of her questions, questions he struggled to find answers for. "I didn't say I de-" *Slap*

Another whack, to the other side of his cheek. This time from the back of her hand instead of the palm, causing him to stumble to its leftover momentum. "You didn't have to say squat, you bastard! You did it- You murdered me." Her voice softened, and a genuine look of sadness and pain swallowed her formerly angry visage. She was actually crying, honest to goodness bawling her eyes out. He felt like shit, and his legs grew weak for a moment. "I didn't have a right to kill you, but you didn't have a right to use me." Meager voice crackling out weakling, raspy undertone recalling the autumn in a distant land as it rolled leaves across stone. "You didn't have a right to do what you did to those other-" She would rub her eyes with white sleeves, sniffling as the crimson soaked her garments and changed its hue. She went to slap him again, but this time he'd catch her wrist. Her chest would rise and sink suddenly as she struggled to fight against more tears. "Don't you do that. Don't act like you knew!" "She's got ya there." Interjected the large twisted image of himself, but the voice faded as did it. They were left in a world of crimson and shadow. Floating.

In an aggressive gesture, Makeinu flung her wrist back at her with enough force to make the girl trot back two paces. All the white in his left eye was quickly swallowed up by absolute darkness. "Doesn't matter if I knew or not. Call it Karma if ya want." His tone "My uncle would say the only reason I'm alive and you're not is because I'm strong and you're weak, that the weak only exist to feed the strong and all that shit." He stepped towards her, right hand raising to the side of his mouth. Index and middle fingers curled, coating themselves in saliva as the the back of his nails connected with the sides of his teeth. Pulling back and exposing a feral smile that held no humor.

Droplets of blood trickled over his lips, and it became apparent he'd begun to bite down on his fingers at some point as well. "The real reason, is your dumb ass was too busy laughin' ta see the elbow flyin' at your head." His voice grew stronger, more real as it send subtle vibrations of its own out in a rippling radius. Stepping forward he'd raise a knee and thrust his foot forward, jamming his heel into her budding chest and knocking her back. "Atta' Boy..." Whispered the voice of instigation from nowhere in particular. "I deserve to live and you don't because I'll never treat people the way you did. It doesn't matter what I go through. I can't die here, not when I got questions for Sousuke. Not when still owe Kuro so much. I actually wanna know what happens with Azusa and her clan. And most of all-" A soft and warm grin, like he was daydreaming about summer flowers and gentle winds played upon his face, once his fingers were removed. The hand fell limply at his side. "I want to see Shiori smile, and I want her to be safe, and happy. I want to pay her back for taking me out of that shitty hospital, and getting me real food."

With a mild shrug, he turned away from her, leaving Ikuko's memory in the dark, for now. "If I die here. I can't do anything like that."
Back to Reality
Suddenly his eyes would open, and he'd find himself hunched over, apparently having sat up while unconscious or just as waking. A harsh cough would cause him to spit forth a long slimy string of blood, both coagulated and liquid. The following gasps filled his burning lungs with air, and the chilled atmosphere stung the exposed flesh and bone on his ribs. Heat visibly distorted the area around Makeinu, it was a familiar sensation that hearkened back to the battle with Kazangan. His tongue would push out, attempting to slide it between the empty space where his central incisor had been gone, but met with something else. He could feel the energy emanating from the carmot fang that had lodged itself in place. It filled him with ineffable amounts of spiritual strength, made all the more bold by drawing on the subconscious convictions he had clung to. His tongue would push harder against the fang, causing it to dig into his gums and draw blood. The same pair of fingers from within his dream would slip back inside his mouth, harshly forcing it back while the tongue pushed it forward. Letting his tongue retreat, and giving one final thrust the carmot fang was dislodged. The rare jewel-based talisman would sit upon his tongue for a moment, before said muscle curled and threw it to the back of his throat. He swallowed it...

Now licking the blood from his lips, he turned to face Fubuki. His right eye was widened to sickeningly disturbed levels while the left...The eye sporting the characteristics of his Cursed Seal, remained sharp and focused. "You're stupid. Y'know that?!" He called out, little voice crossing the minor expanse as he rocked forward and up onto his feet. He practically began strolling towards Fubuki, speed increasing with every other step as he pulled his mask upwards and over his face. The material the mask was made of quickly reacted to the accursed energy and demonic blood rioting within the boy, gaining life of its own to force a transformation. Teeth manifested across the front with a shameless smile, gums and all. "Give an inch, they take a mile." A snarky comment in response to the feline taking his offer and doing the most with it. "Shoulda killed me when I let you."
Smiles140e.png

"Here, Kitty-"
"I wonder what you taste like." He practically hissed, no longer caring about whether or not his opponent could hear him. Blackened nails reached up to pinch the zipper and close his mask. The material that made up the mask had already stretched up and over his enlarged right eye, forming an eye patch and strap for his head. The heat that now came from his very core, rather than mouth, spread throughout his entire body at such levels that the clothes he wore began to disintegrate and be blown away by the wind, at least his shirt and anything that had been on his upper body. Kazangan's energy flowed throughout his body, and with the aid of the brother he was about to slay the sister. The sands would kick up into the air as the combination of cursed seal and ancient bestial strength caused the sands to divide as he suddenly would sprint towards Fubuki. The exposed left eye glowed furiously, leaving a trail of light behind him as he broke his limitations more than several fold thanks to Kazangan's sacrifice. His heart, lungs, and every muscle fiber in his body burning but somehow insignificant when his mind was so...Addled.
GaiaSealb709.png
He wasn't waiting anymore, and he didn't know how long the boost in power would last. Immediately upon reaching his target he would ignore any and all banter, laying down several hellishly devastating blows laced with Kazangan's eternal heat. Whenever the last blow was thrown, hit or miss, he'd slide underneath Fubuki and out from behind her to launch himself in the air tugging the tail to open her up. This would be followed by an overhead elbow, crashing down towards Fubuki's alabaster crown, speed cutting through the air and whistling like a dropped bomb.

Sunatora had been knocked away, but he was free to join in as he saw fit. If he could keep up.
WC: 2226
Notes: Marked for Dojo/Ability training.

Summary:
  • Makeinu shuts down under the onslaught, has an internal moment.
  • Awakens and activates Gaia Cursed Seal [Rank One]
  • Attacks Fubuki with 7-Hit Combo, Critical Exposure, and Concrete Blast under the effects of Kazangan's carmot fang. | Fire Element
  • All this if possible of course. As the contract mod, I expect you to cut me off/interject where you see fit. Still, I've taken my best care not to do any god-moding or meta-gaming.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Makeinu could never understand what he had done by ingesting the bone, and elemental chakra crystal that was Kazangan's fang. His body unlocked the seal of gaia at a pivotal moment causing a severe pull upon his essence and his normal and secondary chakra system. He unlocked the gaia seal true enough but it also devoured and shattered the fang of Kazangan within his body. His wounds from Fubuki seared themselves shut his scabs mimiced Kazangan's natural lava armor. His wounds all literally went up in flame becoming burns that eerily resembled tiger stripes. Small bits of memory merged with his own, potent fiery wrath laced his finger tips. His skin grew a quarter of an inch thicker as he evolved from inadvertantly combining the essence of Kazangan with his Gaia Seal, luckily his seal was still new otherwise his body might have reacted differently even now the full affects of his deeds were far from completion Cursed Seal of Gaia Rank 1 release Kazangan's Mantle. He had yet to use it but he now knew he could as his wounds sealed themselves he found he could understand the speech patterns of the tiger's hiss and spat. He could not speak it but he could understand them just as easily as any other sunan talking to him. What he heard as he unleashed his wrath upon Fubuki was that SunaTora was severely injured and that Fubuki was toying with him. He was beating upon an ice clone. After it shattered Makeinu would see Fubuki standing atop SunaTora whom was valiantly holding her back with all the sand armor he could muster but it was cracking and buckling under the fierce cold of natural aura. He never noticed that during the attack Fubuki had swapped herself with an ice clone and attacked SunaTora. He could hear the brave sand beast trying to roar but he could only yowl beneath her presence. He desperately needed help.

PVE JUTSU Learned:
PVE Jutsu - (non standard rp earned jutsu specifically useable in RP threads run by Takahashi Shiori or Toraono Kuro, these jutsu cannot be used against or taught to other players. They may only be used against Non Player Character Enemies as found in missions or personal quests.)
Elemental Roar - C-Rank Taijutsu
elemental_roar_zpsmqlxzwdm.png

Imbued with the essence of Kazangan by one of his very own fangs and enlightened by the spirit of SunaTora, Makeinu has developed the innate ability known as 'Elemental Roar'. When pushed to his emotional or physical limit Makeinu can achieve synchronization with the elemental forces growing inside him from contact with the last elemental tigers of Kaze no Kuni enabling him to unleash a ferocious roar that not only channels devastating sonic shockwaves but elements such as fire, wind, and earth. By focusing his will upon his roar he can even single out a specific target.

Information
Prerequisites
Essence of Kazangan, Presence of SunaTora C-Rank
Rank 1: Makeinu can unleash a single elemental roar to strike 1 to 3 targets, dealing 360 Crushing Damage at +2 Accuracy.
Master Rank: Makeinu can unleash a double elemental roar to strike 1 to 6 targets, each dealing 540 Crushing Damage at +2 Accuracy.

Special Action: For +.5 Ap and +50% Cp, add elemental damage fire, earth, wind.
For +1 Ap and +100% Cp, add lava or sand damage

Note:
- Does not use handseals.
- Up to 3 targets may be hit when the special action is used. Damage may be split among targets.
- Counts as a Elemental Taijutsu.
- Can use either Ranged Accuracy or melee Accuracy.
- Fire- +10% dmg (maintain burning effect at 100 CP per round)
- Wind- +5% dmg (50% chance to cause bleeding on normal hit, causes bleeding on critical)
- Earth-+10% dmg (50% chance to suppress your target/s for .5 AP)
- Lava- +20% dmg (burning effect + suppression of 1 AP)
- Sand- +15% dmg (bleeding effect + suppression of 1 AP)
Rank 1 Cost: 400 Cp
Master Rank: 600 Cp

Kazangan's Mantle C-Rank Seal Enhancement
Kazangans%20Mantle_zpsl47ostmd.png

By activating his cursed seal in synch with Kazangan's essence Makeinu can protect himself with a heat wave reactive armor. Makeinu truly becomes one with the essence of Kazangan, burning the very air around himself. Wreathes the user in heatwaves that deal 15% fire damage in reaction to anyone who makes an unarmed melee attack on them or touches them in any way.
Information
Prerequisites
Essence of Kazangan, Cursed Gaia Seal

Master Rank: Covers the user's body in heatwaves, giving them +10% Taijutsu and Basic Strike Damage. -5% Damage Taken, +2 Melee/Ranged Accuracy, +2% chance to cause Bleeding/Suppression. In addition the user takes an additional 2% damage from Illusionary and Ninjutsu sources.

Special Action: For +.5 Ap, may add elemental reactionary damage fire, earth, wind.
For +1 Ap and +1 TP, add lava or sand damage

Note:
- Does not use handseals.
- Counts as a Elemental Taijutsu Armor.
- While bearing Kazangan's mantle, all bleeding levels are reduced by 1 rank.
- Fire damage from other sources is reduced by 15%. All melee damage is boosted by fire buffs.
- Can use either Ranged Accuracy or melee Accuracy.
- Fire- +10% dmg (maintain burning effect at 100 CP per round)
- Wind- +5% dmg (50% chance to cause bleeding on normal hit, causes bleeding on critical)
- Earth-+10% dmg (50% chance to suppress your target/s for .5 AP)
- Lava- +20% dmg (burning effect (no maintenance) + suppression of 1 AP)

Master Rank: -1 TP per round used (in addition to normal cursed seal costs)

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
At the end of his combination, a sound like glass shattering pierced his eardrums. His steady landing was followed by the crashing shards of ice from Fubuki's clone. He'd wasted energy for nothing. The air around him became distorted by the intense heatwaves emanating from his then burning wounds. The language of the feline beasts nearby became clear to him, even nearby whispers having slight meaning. The single eye looked down at one of his fists, the right one to be exact. He felt more than stronger, it looked as if he had become something else and it would have been a marvel...But, he didn't have time to stare at himself.

Hearing the sounds of battle nearby, he sprinted off in its direction without even needing to look first. The soft sound of freshly made glass shattering beneath his quickly tapping feet was caused by Kazangan's aura. Leaping over a large mound and seeing Sunatora and Fubuki below, he inhaled deeply while in mid-air. "Oi!!!" He shouted, so loudly and with such authority as to command attention in his direction. The vigor in his voice would transform it into something else though, the result being the release of a powerful Elemental Roar to aid Sunatora's. The sound waves were visible as they burned and rippled through the air towards Fubuki. Following through the hoops of fire created by himself, he now became a comet like she as he sped to damage her further.

Summary:
  • Maintains everything.
  • Uses Elemental Roar - Fire, on Fubuki. Aiding Sunatora's roars.
  • Follow with Dynamic Charge [Rank One]
  • If possible follow with Dynamic Bash [Rank One]
  • I'll pay my tolls after this event is completed or failed.
WC: 243
MFT

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sonic waves collapsed upon Fubuki but she easily canceled them out, the flames were completely nullified by her ice gale. She stepped away from SunaTora, he had already proven himself to her although he was terribly weak for one of her kin. He would never grow up to match her brother alone. The human however had called upon something dark and familiar. Like a tale of old the white tigress rushed down the dune to meet the onslaught of the dark powered challenger. His very life force was burning itself to reacg out for her. To challenge her like her baby brother used to, except his ferocity, his pride was all wrong, he only seemed to take pride in himself, he was angry with himself. The familiar heat rising from Makeinu was nothing like the height of her brother's but she could feel her brother inside the boy nonetheless even if it was just a sliver of her brother's might it caught flame inside this child and before that flame snuffed itself out she would see how well that fire burned. Makeinu had been right, Fubuki had been toying with him, tearing at his body to force him to give up and yield Kazangan's essence to her, so that she might have some momento of her brother. She had been scorched by Kazangan's claw just a little but she had left SunaTora exhausted and unable to fight any further. Now all she need do is deny this boy the fiery wrath of her brother and she could claim his spirit from beyond and have him reborn. Pride clashed with pride as primal energies flowed from the boy and then she saw it the mark of the hated Toraono Clan, insolent demonbeast halfbreeds that dare claim they were on par in battle with celestials and the full demons. She struck with a hurricane gale of ice bladed wind to force Makeinu to his knees so that she might rip the aura and his dark energies from him directly. Just as she drew upon her celestial wrath they collided and the desert shuddered for one brief moment. Makeinu could feel Shiori, the heart of Orochi, SunaTora was struggling to stand, Nanaki was rushing to try and intervene. The opportunity to perform a sublime act had come, who would sieze the moment?

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Following through the rings of fire as they crashed around the celestial tiger, Makeinu landed in a roll beneath the beast. The heat from his flames died out as the powerful winds generated by Fubuki's spiritual force outed them like wick-less candles absent of wax. The torrid energy spreading from the boy caused the Sands to gloss and crack like brittle glass. He could feel his insides burning up, his lungs shriveling from the abuse of power and his cells frying in his veins. The magma covered wounds on his body glowed brightly, as did the exposed left iris embedded upon black sclera. Crouching and slamming his fists into the charred sands beneath himself and Fubuki, there was a collapse as the battlefield made way for a new crater. Falling into the pit there were no signs of humanity left in the child, chin raising and mouth stretching wide beneath his mask. "RRRAAAA!!!"

The roar that was unleashed was unlike anything anyone could conceive coming from the little runt. It was powerful, squeezing his lungs as it sent audial waves cloaked in head spreading in a spherical radius all around him. The shattered sands began to glow furiously, melting and reaching up to swallow both the child and his animal prey. The rippling heatwaves would pull the magma behind it, lead by the vacuum of air. The sands having become liquid all around changed little, merely burning away the bottom half of his pants before he began hiking through it like a trekker through mud. Only the first two steps were slowed, the rest unseen as he zipped towards Fubuki with magma streaming from his wounds and surrounding his whole body. Despite his broken hand, both fists were clutched tightly to the point where sharp knuckles stretched whitening grayed skin.

It was absurd to expect anything different. He was a thirteen year old amnesiac with too many ailments to name. He'd come seeking adventure and a way to obtain strength, for the purpose of reclaiming the life of someone he loved, whether he knew that or not. In the process he'd stepped into something far beyond his mental scope, and was given power beyond anything he'd ever achieve on his own for a temporary duration. Instinct and savagery that slept beneath the surface of a meek exterior ripped through his facade, survival and frustration burning away sentient thought. It was like the time when he'd moved on his own while near unconscious against Mikaboshi at the Obsidian Palace, and his only thought was "Kill Her." Fubuki had become nothing more than an obstacle at this point, and with the impending creature's assault and rage he had no time to think clearly. How many thirteen year old boys did you know capable of clear thought in the presence of an angry beast, much less a massive tiger from the skies?
He understood her frustration, her pain, but it wasn't justified. She wouldn't listen to reason, and so reason was thrown out the door. He had people waiting on him, and a purpose to pursue once Shiori was known to be safe. There was a connection between himself and Kuro, who had knowledge of changing events and his mother's condition, but such a thing would be only a lingering sensation. Unfamiliar with any deep bonds or connections through the technique, all he felt was a minor release of weight upon his chest. He already knew what he'd do once Shiori was fine, and it had everything to do with the words spoken from his lips while possessed by the primal force from beyond. There was a story and a directive implanted in his mind that day, it was hazy and only began to form steadily over time but it drove him forward. He would sacrifice everything if he had to for the sake of good, and he would destroy anything for the sake of it if he had to as well. A final furious combination would dig into his soul one last time as he sought to literally tear Fubuki asunder. He was no beast, he was the son of man and thus subject only to his creator. The merits of an angry animal who knew only bestial things meant little to him. She had hurt Sunatora, and she was disgracing her brother's sacrifice with her every action and breath. It was time to put her down for good, whether that made him a friend of the beasts or not.

He'd danced around with her long enough to start adding and subtracting factors. His single eye was able to diagnose the situation and elements at work, taking note of Fubuki's two main forces and the powers he himself had been given. He felt the strength inside of him, and an instinctual tick that triggered just the right thing at the right time. A full opportunist. The added weight from the earth element would allow the heat to penetrate the winds, and subsequently allow for the cat to burn. There was no way he'd stop at this point, Fubuki would be joining her brother and undergo his council in the afterlife. There was little place in the world for beings with such power and no understanding of the world, which is why they were likely hunted to the point of rarity. There were nuances and intricate things about life and people's personalities that most beasts would never understand, and she was far too old and set in her ways to learn now. Sunatora would be different, Makeinu would make sure of it.

WC: 929
[Marked for training.]
Summary:
  • Kazangan's Mantle - Lava Element
  • Elemental Roar - Lava Element
  • Maintaining Cursed Seal: Gaia
  • Attacks Fubuki with 7-Hit Combo, Critical Exposure, and Concrete Blast under the effects of Kazangan's Carmot Fang. | Lava Element
  • Cut off as you see fit, like mentioned last time. Just prioritize the Lava Enhanced 7-Hit Combo above all else if necessary.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Earth and flame combined to form lava as the advanced element echoing the true roar of Makeinu seared into Fubuki's hide as Makeinu did his utmost best to kill her and unleashed the full wrath of Kazangan's essence upon causing the icy shell of elemental armor to crack, shudder and shatter leaving Fubuki in her natural glory as a smaller, deadlier creature of ice and light. With a resounding roar of light and ice Fubuki countered Makeinu's furious assault causing the dark evening sky to briefly shimmer and shine like a new day. Healing the wounds Sunatora and Makeinu possessed while settling herself before them with tear in her true eyes. "You have proven yourself truly, I honestly did not believe you could master Kazangan's essence, nor did I believe you were worth his life but you have both proven me wrong. You both fight with a vital ferocity and personal pride and resolution that only one used to the hard truths of life could know. I grant you both a token of my gratitude grace you with an eternal boon of honor. For you human, I grant you 'Celestial light's Caress' with this ability you can focus the ambient light around you into a healing pulse of energy. For Sunatora, I grant you a portion of my icy essence and I bless you with the ability to change your actual element to ice and when doing so your fur will turn a royal white. My time grows short, I have said my Goodbyes and settled my grievances with you. May you both find success in achieving your goals." With tears in her eyes and ache upon her heart Fubuki ascended back into the heavens, leaving a wisp of light and a few snow flakes.

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The effects of his actions were completely differing this time around. The heatwaves carried magma with enough force to pelt and burn away at Fubuki's armor of fur. Breaking through to reach her less than a second later, the boy's combination started off with a knee to the front of her skull causing the first crack. Rolling forward and up over her, he'd stomp down in the middle of her spine, and follow up with a shin diagonally smashed into her ribs as he fell back to the melted earth. Quickly charging after with a prepared one-two combination, he'd see her form shatter completely and releasing a smaller altered version of herself. Not letting that stop him or change his mind, he rolled forward jumping into the air with another flying knee in hopes of breaking a bone or two.

His plans were cut down when she roared, and both light and ice emanated from her entire being. He was caught in mid-air by it and flung backwards. Twisting and turning in the air he'd land in a backwards stumbling roll, scrambling to his feet and getting into a fighting stance. It was at that moment he realized his wounds closing up and the pain that scorched his insides starting to fade away. The black sclera surrounding his crimson irises turned quickly white, however; the mask remained. All of the teeth and even the strap covering his right eye remained as is...Yet, the dark energy had died away. Makeinu's brain was aching, but the healing light was even taking care of that as well. Arms fell at his sides as in a mild daze his eyes sluggishly moved about looking for Sunatora. Once Fubuki started talking though, she had his attention. He was confused about what had just happened, but the more she talked he came to the understanding that his choices had in fact been the correct ones. That, in some way, he was able to communicate in a way she would understand despite not having the words to do so. He'd finally earned her respect, and proven himself in the eyes of the celestial beast.

Listening quietly as she bestowed blessings upon himself and Sunatora, he wasn't quite sure how to react. He was tired, and they'd gone through so much so quickly without any warning. His body had been repaired away from its exhausted and damaged status, but his mind remained fatigued by it all. The large quantities of adrenaline that pumped through his system moments before had died with a brutal crash that made the world hazy and his emotions near numb. Something about him seemed broken, but something else showed that he was hanging on to his mental threads as best as he could with mild success. Pulling the mask down around his neck, removing the strap manually from over his right eye, he would simply nod to Fubuki. Looking towards Sunatora from the corner of his eyes he would nod for the cub to come, if he could manage. If Sunatora reached him, Makeinu would pat the creature upon its head lightly. Looking up for just a moment, and could tell that Fubuki wanted to depart quickly as well as he himself had. Both had grown weary and their peaked emotions also came with hard crashes. "Thank you..." It was simple, but earnest. The loss for words that he suffered made him feel inadequate to give any more response than that. He could see that she didn't care to linger for any words of comfort either, and he wasn't sure he truly would if he meant it or not. Seeing her depart left him standing there with the cub for a while. Looking down at his companion he'd exhale, falling to his knees gently. "What now?"

Summary:
  • All abilities and powers deactivated, mask is apparently stuck in new form.
  • Accepted Fubuki's gifts, and wondering what's next with Sunatora after calling him over.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
They had yet to notice that the land had changed around them due to witnessing the final match. A third tester was meant to step forth but Kanaki was gone and his family enspelled by some sort of hypnosis. Then a strange stringent odor passed over them all that only Sunatora recognized and he began to glow golden and true as his wounds were healed but his energy levels severely drained. Kanaki was dragged off by something that slithered and left a large trail but its scent spoke of another matter all together. The reptiles had taken Kanaki and not just any reptiles the strongest of them the serpents had come and with lightning speed claimed another sacrifice in place of those that had fallen in battle. SunaTora turned to Makeinu and he could understand his rasps and curls of tongue clearly as the essence of Kazanagan and Fubuki lent him an eerie sense of understanding. "They have taken the iron master Kanaki to sacrifice him for the return of their lords, the ancient ones thought purged from the world. With the sacred blood of an elemental beast lord they might be able to call one of their masters back into this world, will you help me find and recover him before the worst comes to pass?"

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Looking down towards Sunatora as the changes began to take place, he took note of his own drop in power. Raising a brow when he heard and understood the cub clearly, but chose not to voice his surprise. Instead he listened to the words intently, hanging on each on and soaking in the situation. A look of irritation came over his face, seen even behind the ghastly grin of his mask. How could he have forgotten about Kanaki? Enveloped in the literal heat of battle he lost track of yet another friendly face. With another failure under his belt he'd nod to show his cooperation. Instead of using any words, he instinctively took a step in the right direction without being told where to go. It was time for them to go after those scaly bastards.

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I give up. Just void this. It's been months. This started as an E-D rank simple contract search. My char is a crippled thirteen year old runt. This whole S Class type thing was beyond his range any way and I felt I stretched the story just to make it fit. My conscience doesn't like that. I'd rather have no contract than compromise myself for one, especially if it takes this long. They're not even THAT useful in combat. No offense to you or anyone. I just don't have time for this sort of thing.

Respect as always, but I'll stick to writing short stories on my own here and there. Maybe be an asset to Sand in the future. I'll keep all the links and thread up for paper trail purposes. I'm sorry to have wasted your time, Kuromairu Riyota's has been waiting on a contract mod for months so I'll point any in his direction.))

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
If you really want to void this okay...
Just need to point out 3 things

Contract mods are never short, they are significant and because you have to take time to form a bond with something or someone beyond your current existence means you will spend at least 1 month on a contract it has been 1 month and it has been 3 months on the dot of infrequent to frequent posting on both our parts.

Now you are very close to the end of your contract thread and want to give up and that is unfortunate.

Because you may be under a great deal of stress from 'RL' contracts are allowed to take as much time as they need to post, trust me I have contracts that I have been waiting over half a year for posts on and they too only have a few posts until the end ... (EYES HIS FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SHADOW MASTER)

So feel free to take a break and reassess yourself, if you honestly want to void the work you put into this contract then I will void it.
Nothing in this world is free except death and even that costs someone else something.
It takes time and effort to earn anything.

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: I'll respond to what you've said in PM here as well, since it's all essentially the same thing. Which means I'll be giving responses to more than three things, probably in a compressed form.

The first concern expressed was that I was discouraged somehow, while I can understand reaching that conclusion that isn't the case. I'm mentally ill, so let's put that on the table. Trying to understand my mind isn't going to help anyone, folks have a better time understanding my intentions/heart for lack of a better term. My cognitional functions are quite simply not standard. This does not imply better nor worse, just anomalous. All that to say, I expect nothing free, and never have nor have received such from anywhere.

Yes, I admit with some annoyance that 'RL' has been grinding my nerves on a few issues as of late. In all likely hood there are a number of 'RL' influences that could be the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back". None of that detracts from some of the personal concerns raised, more so than the length or supposed difficulty.

While you've said nothing I've faced is worth S-Rank classification, B at best in your own words, that's still a problem for me. More so than waiting on responses (which doesn't bother me one bit in this case). The reason for this is simple: It breaks the fantasy/ideal I have for my own character.

Makeinu is a boy that's barely breaking four feet tall, even though he's biologically thirteen years old. He might be somewhere around the sixty pound mark, on a full stomach or something. He suffers from a number of unidentified diseases and disorders including his obvious case of albinism which is far from benign. We've undergone a process that stabilized him a bit but, that's just to bring him to average level boy functionality. Which, should still be less than average shinobi.

His cursed seal was only for minor aesthetic changes, as well as increased strength and speed at a painful price. Theoretically activating it would put him on level with some of the more "Average Ninja Kids", no more than Sasuke's helped him in the Chuunin Exam against the Sound Shinobi. Difference with Makeinu is he's partially crippled and can't form hand seals so does not use Genjutsu or Ninjutsu beyond what may not require those for a long time. I want him to grow into his strength, and overcome his challenges at a steady pace.

An example of how someone in his condition and situation should be fighting is done in my unfinished >>>Old World Blues<<< mission. It's clearly not easy for him, but he's really just fighting bandits and one of them has a Kekkei Genkai. He's having to use just some grit, will, and quick thinking to barely make it out. The whole story for him is supposed to be that he is not a Super Powered Shinobi. Not that he's going to become one.

Think a broke Batman in the Justice League or something. John Constantine from the comics using special tools. Punisher without the muscles and the guns? Given a weird Chakra/Naruto twist using the Cursed Seals.

Having him brawl it out with an elemental lava tiger, then a meteoric celestial ancient from the sky...Is not in the vision I had. I don't even want that on his "Record" at thirteen. His name means Loser/Underdog. You're far from that if you're punching out tigers while you're supposed to be little more than dead if not average condition. He should have just been split in half when Fubuki mauled him, and game over. The first was understandable as there was this spirit, will, inner-strength thing going on uniting the souls and hearts of the two underdogs and it coming out better than either of them expected.

With Kazangan being poisoned and suffering beforehand, that made it even more believable. He even had Sunatora helping him full force. The sand armor and everything made it possible for him to perform a bit more. Was a bit of a stretch to begin with for the boy but those things balanced it out. He has no excuse for beating Fubuki, doesn't matter what he got from the fang. It should have just set him on fire and killed him the first time it sent waves of energy through his body. This character is not supposed to be more than average at this time in his life (he's actually meant to be below average indefinitely with his brain being the only thing giving him an edge), average for a Shinobi at least, and I butchered that trying to obtain an OOC reward for IC usage. That is what my problem in particular is. As I said, my conscience doesn't dig it.

This character is not, I repeat not supposed to be a prodigy of any kind. Not beyond maybe cunning, stealth/recon, and some quick thinking.

I don't like the idea of burning and voiding the entire thing, as it's clear we both put a lot of work into this. Regardless of the reasoning on my behalf. There is a possible compromise, but that'd be up to whether or not you're comfortable with it.

My idea would be that this entire scenario is a dream sequence or something of the sort, where he fell asleep under shade atop the hill. Upon failure he wakes up to nothing. Upon success he wakes to a cub bringing him a scroll? As though a gift from God or something, maybe have the cub give a little explanation or something. A removal of all CRPJ gained after completion, disintegration of all power-up items. Maybe this could be done through amnesia at the end, and he awakes with the contract and a mark?

My point is, this whole thing is far too big to put on my character's resume at this point. He's a student. A bad one. One that hasn't even shown up to class because he keeps skipping out, not confident with how he'll be received by others who can actually do ninja stuff. Of course, he's been given some agility and strength with the demon blood in the ritual given by Kuro, but the extent of that isn't enough for him to take on a B-Rank any thing.

I wouldn't even know where to fit this whole thing in continuity with the way it is, and the way his personality has been after starting this. I do have a thing about my own personal continuity have a sense of order. Even if I don't impose that on anyone else's character.

Best bet would be a dream sequence, and at the end a special Tiger capable of reading dreams or something shows up. That she was testing him in his mind or something, as he'd surely be curious about the weird dream. Then leave the contract? If he fails, then he just wakes up to nothing and had an absolutely weird dream. Probably symbolic and something he'd study. I can't have him going Super Saiyan at 13 though. I'm sorry, it's just not happening. He's got too much story left and too much growing up to do first, in the way that I find enjoyable for my own purposes. As selfish as that may sound.

If conditions of that sort are acceptable, then I'll gladly continue. As you can see, this has nothing to do with difficulty. If anything, it's too easy by giving me far too much. The irony is you put him against opponents that were leagues and dimensions far beyond what he was ever supposed to be capable of for the next decade or so. So, he had to use those power ups to move forward.

I handicapped my character for a reason. I like being the odd man out. I like simplicity. I chose Opportunist and not Uchiha or Kaguya, or anything else grand like that for a reason. I hope you understand, and don't take anything I'm saying in any way but then again I know you won't I guess I'm just trying to be polite as well.

If changing the reality of this thing into a dream or perhaps an amnesiac memory isn't good for you, and you don't have any alternatives: I'll be totally fine with just voiding the whole thing. Preserving my story and letting it stew to me is more important than a power-up. By far.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Understood... and I apologize for pushing your character ideal so far out of line, all you have now is a hunting mission to find someone whom was abducted and that does not require super abilities or a fight. I try to write things to be exciting for the reader, and participant alike. Something you can slap yourself on the back and say I did that. As far as empowering your cursed seal it seemed fitting since it was all you had if you dug deep instead of just surrendering to your own weakness. It didn't make you ungodly it just showed her you were serious about yourself. We can play this any way you want I simply didn't want you to quit so close to the end.

Takahashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: I know it wasn't your intention to do anything that would cause me as the RPer discomfort. I'm appreciative of the effort you've put into this contract, it's not your fault that I'm someone rejecting Shonen buffs on a Shonen based RP site. I'm just really weird man, but thank you for your understanding as well. It wouldn't have taken more than a second for you to simply have agreed with me and void the entire thing.

I'll continue then, under the condition that this is taking place as a dream sequence within Makeinu's mind atop that hill. I think I'll go with the idea of the Dream Tiger, something akin to Morpheus in mythology. Deciding to test the heart of a sleeping boy. I'll still gladly accept any penalties I've suffered throughout the entire ordeal without any of the perks aside from the obtaining of the contract should I complete it successfully. I'll also forfeit all bonus CRPJ on top of whatever losses suffered from Cursed Seal usage among other things.

I thank you for the extra push Kuro. I'll take my time in responding as 'RL' is hectic at this point, but I look forward to continuing this. I couldn't in good conscience finish this and then end up retconning it without asking you or something like that. Not after all the work put in, would have felt disrespectful. Seemed more legit to simply void it, or in the case of where we've reached find an alternate means of keeping everything.

I sincerely thank you again Kuro, I can cut myself short from obtaining many good things. It's a bad habit.

Take all the time you need to respond. I'll be giving you much better posts with my conscience lifted.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
SunaTora & Makeinu lay asleep their minds locked in a genjutsu to determine the lengths they would truly go to. Fubuki had indeed come down from the celestial palace and sought one last glimpse of her brother. Determined to complete her brother's test of those whom would seek the aid of the felines she rushed Makeinu and SunaTora using her grief for strength which she then poured into a vast and potent genjutsu that placed Makeinu and SunaTora in a seperate reality much like Tsukiyomi but far more sinister because neither knew they were under a genjutsu and all of their heartfelt reactions and decisions were laid out plainly before Fubuki stopping her in her tracks and sending tears down her muzzle for her brother had indeed found them both worthy in his final moments. What she had witnessed in their minds rocked her to her very core. Her brother's sacrifice had not been in vain and she could feel and see that now. The last remaining tribes of felines of Kaze no Kuni gathered their final views of their former home before setting off for the mountain ranges of lightning country. Using all their powers in a combined effort Kazangan's stone body was sunken into the vast desert to rest near a geothermal vent where it would never be molested by their hated reptilian enemies. With the burial complete and her final blessings upon Makeinu and SunaTora the rest of the prides moved on beginning their mas exodus. The felines and felinoids that remained behind to carry out their personal grudges scattered across the desert vast to plot against their enemy. Having imparted what knowledge she could she gathered her remaining energies and left exactly as Makeinu and SunaTora had witnessed in their minds. SunaTora had been accepted as a candidate for the sacred contract team. Now came the final test to determione if Makeinu was able to gain the boon and burden of the feline pact. The two broken but empowered cubs came back to consciousness in the sands with their wounds healed, Makeinu's clothing had repaired itself. It was a long walk back to the Toraono Dojo...

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back