Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Wool and Water [Class]

Murakami Reizo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rei-Flux raised an eyebrow slightly, then looked to Ren for a moment at the Joker’s warning about the stone in this area. He did as instructed, keeping close to Ren, but unfortunately that didn’t save him completely from a misstep. He had been watching his feet, but the lighting wasn’t quite good enough to keep him from finding the edge of a hole with one foot, then going to step forward and losing his balance, to tumble forward into the darkness with a yelp, probably the loudest sound Ren in particular had ever heard from the boy.

He slid down the stone, wincing as he did and keeping his entire body bunched up tightly in an effort to avoid getting injured too badly. With how bony he was however it was likely he would end up with a number of bruises at the end of this, and he had already knocked his head once or twice off the rock. Not hard enough to cause any serious damage, but it did daze him a little bit.

Hitting the water shocked him out of that slight daze without too much trouble though. Flux popped his head up out of the water and huffed, getting his breath back from the shock of first falling down the stone shoot, then hitting the water. It took a few moments for him to catch the sound of a voice over the falling water, gaze flicking to the figure bobbing up and down as he treaded water where he floated.

The only one that would be calling to him for help in this place would be Ren. The others might know his name, but they didn’t know him. Therefore…

Reizo certainly wasn’t the best swimmer, Stone wasn’t the best place to learn to do so unless you went down to the water below the village, which he rarely did. But he had learned at least a little, and swam towards the figure, ”Re-eerrr Wockerjab?” he called, voice only barely loud enough to be heard over the waterfall. He simply didn’t have volume to his voice. It didn’t happen.

[MFT, 351 WC]

Kazehi Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ren was sprawled on the ground after her fall, bruised and sore but otherwise unharmed. She had thrown her arms up around her head and tried as well as she could to slid her way down the rocky terrain while standing but had tripped at the bottom of whereever she was now. It was as she was attempting to get up that she felt the hot heavy breath of a beast on the back of her neck.

"Who. Are. You?" It asked, the ground shaking under her hands as she slowly got to her feet, and took in a deep breath.

This was a class, surely they weren't in any real danger, right? And if they were, they wouldn't get away with taking out three students and a grown woman. So mentally rating all interactions here as Moderately Dangerous but not Life Threatening, Wockerjab smiled as she turned around and faced the beast. Eyeless, therefore blind, a note tucked away into her brain as she took in the sight of the speaker. It could talk, so intelligent, at least to some level. Big.

"Haven't you heard of me? I'm the Wockerjab, I have the jaws that catch, the claws that bite, and eyes of flame." She thought quickly on how to get further away from the beast, at least until it was confirmed if it was gentle or not.

She grinned widely as she moved as slowly and silently as possible, trying to throw her voice to the other direction as she went.

"But who are you? Are you the Jabberwock? Oh what a pleasure to meet if you are or are not. You seem big, you seem strong, and smart too, what are you doing down here? Doesn't seem like the proper place for one such as yourself."

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The Dormouse did indeed recognized the traps Mister Joker was leading them. Far to vividly does she remember her first time falling into one of these holes. One of the staff send it was a short cut and that it definitely was not. Her original body was broken beyond repair and she was forced to make a new one. That day marked the end of her job as the mad hatter. When Mister Joker asked what she was going to do, she just looks at her and says, "Do you really have to ask? I'll you meet guys when you get there." Gen Ryu returns her summon from which it came and went down a much safer and quicker path to the cafe.
[left topic]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Despite his best efforts building up chakra underneath himself to stand his ground as it gave away below him, Yoshihisa soon realized his failure in the form of him rapidly tumbling down the slide leading towards the bejeweled cavern system, shortly after being subjugated to a backbreaking crash which made it impossible for him to appreciate the breathtaking sight. Whether his fall had been an just accident or part of some nefarious scheme was a question called forth and answered by the presence of Reishii, for as the boy Shinobi picked himself with a sigh before forming the Tiger seal and mumbled something below his breath as the first blood drops started to pool up at the corner of his mouth.

"Kai.."

Whether or not his eyesight had betrayed him after the hemorrhages had collectively decided to rid themselves of their unwilling host, Yoshihisa found it next to impossible for himself to care about whether or not -this- Reishii or the -real- one had been an illusion all along. His enhanced eyesight gave away a rather distorted image when looking at her which usually meant there was Genjutsu at play here, and even if this meant working alone if he had offended the woman somehow in case she was real, there was no actual loss. Going by the name of 'Mad' had been a dead giveaway that he should be on his toes around her and was more than likely to be a key factor for his failure rather than his triumph, thus making his choice to go on by himself an equally valid option. The youngster spat down at the floor, the droplets of blood painting the surface red soon enough yet served an actual purpose when his attention was finally pulled towards the gleaming pillars of a variety of colors, his jaw slightly ajar from something other than the stinging pain for a change.

"Ehh, I really must be losing my mind here, if it isn't the case where it is all some sort of baffling visual Genjutsu to begin with, something I could only hope for at this point if I want to get out.."

With the blood loss as an aching reminder to himself that this should be something to achieve sooner rather than later, he decided to sit back down in order to conserve stamina for the more dire moments, if there were any: Despite the efforts in his studies about the human body, it was something entirely different to diagnose yourself when all you had was knowledge limited to mind numbing facts derived from whatever tome you happened to be working with. That said, he knew that he could consider himself lucky if he got away with a few fractured limbs. But being the person he was, Yoshihisa had enough left in him to consider this a fight still, for when he opened his palm, a tiny woodpecker sculpture was shown roosting there only to spread its wings and fly up towards the ceiling and vanish into the dark he had plummeted from moments before. All was left to the clay bird now, in its search for whomever might be there to meet.

[MFT]

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths

• Trust was a difficult concept, in the world, especially one such as this. Of course, this was all a setup. But he, they, didn’t know that. It was all a test. It was a test to see that, if one of their own ever turned traitor… well, they had to see to it that they could do what was necessary.

Murakami Reizo...

That was it, wasn’t it? Kazehi Ren knew Reizo. Unlike the others who merely had a name to a face; what’s to say Ren wouldn’t use her knowledge of the boy against him?

The image of Wockerjab sank deep into the waters after much struggling. And as Reizo drew closer and closer, a shadow that must have been her could be seen from the surface of the water. But, suddenly, a hand clasped itself around his ankle and pulled him down. And from beneath the water, the image of Wockerjab, of Ren, could be seen grinning maliciously at her friend. She opened her mouth: Heya, Reizo. Want to play? could be read from her lips.

Kazehi Ren...

But, yet, no sign of an imposter Flux appeared for the real Ren. Instead, she was faced with this behemoth of a thing. This thing who, upon the girl’s introduction, took a great big inhale to take in her scent. “You. Are. The. Wockerjab? No. You are not the Jabberwock. And I am not the Jabberwock. I have not been told of a Wockerjab before.” The way he spoke showed him of little intelligence. But it was intelligence nonetheless, little only relatively to that of human intelligence.

He shook his head, as if to dislodge a foul scent from his nostrils and huffed. He seemed a touched annoyed, like one who was woken from a good dream and a great nap. “The Jabberwock. And the Queen. And the White Rabbit. Gave me this home. Who are you to intrude upon it? Speak. Or be eaten.”

Kodoma Yoshihisa...

A trick. It all was. For most of them anyway. And Yoshihisa caught it fast; had great instinct to have detected the illusion that befell them.

But, in comparison to the caster, he was still far inexperienced and could not fully dispel it. The illusion that made the imposter look like Mad flickered momentarily, long enough to show the deceased yet inanimate corpse that was hidden beneath. Disgusting, rotting flesh and gaping wounds flashed quickly. Empty eye sockets and an unhinged jaw showing teeth where the skin had decayed.

Still, it seemed that the imposter was unaware. “Hey, hey, what are you trying to pull here? What are you blabbing about? You trying to stab me in the back?!” she shouted hysterically, the air growing dangerous.

Reishii...

Woodpecker was not too happy at being ignored. A deep frown set onto the boy’s features as he glared at Reishii. “Hey… hey… listen,” he whispered in a sulking manner. The flapping of wings filled the air as his eyes darkened and the bats who had previously been idle started to stir.
<i>
</i>

• Out of Character Notes
      • SPOILER ALERT: Some things are going to happen to Stone, so I'm skipping a bit of the original plans for this class. What will happen will be fun for everyone ;D

Kazehi Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ren tried to back up from the beast just a little bit at a time, slow and steady right? It seemed a bit slow, but hey, not every beastly brute can string words together into proper sentences so she wasn't going to label it as dumb quite yet. It seemed....Annoyed. That can't be good. Gulping for a moment she put a big bright smile on her face and shook her head softly.

"I fell here, good friend. I will leave as soon as possible, if that is what you wish. The Wockerjab is never rude to friends, no no no! The Wockerjab is just new to the caves see, so the Wockerjab fell when the rocks slipped under her feet, which is why she is here now with your fine company." She said in the calmest tone she could muster at the moment, still smiling as she tried to look around the area that she had fallen into, any escape routes visible being her main priority.

This may be a class, but something about the code names, and the fact that everyone else had been separated, and she highly doubted that that had been by pure chance that put all of Ren's previous thoughts about this being entirely safe out of her mind. She was probably in a good deal of danger, and no one except for Reizo, who was also likely in danger, knew where she was. She cringed when she thought about how her parents would react to this if they ever found out, and then winced even harder when she realized that Ryu would in fact find out, whether she wanted him to or not. And that was not a discussion, well scolding really, that she looked forward to. If she got out of here unharmed, that is.

"If you tell me how to leave, I will do so right away. I was with the Joker, and really should be getting back to him, he really is expecting me." She half fibbed, still blindly searching for a way out of this beasts home so kindly gifted to him by the Queen and Rabbit. Whatever that meant.

Murakami Reizo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Flux watched as the figure sank deeper into the waters. It wasn’t as if he was about to dive under the water to save her, unfortunately. That would likely just lead to both of them needing saving rather than just one. This, of course, meant that when his ankle was grabbed, Flux twitched. and it wasn’t just a little twitch of surprise. The kid was nervous. He had been nervous about the entire thing. But showing just how nervous hadn’t been an option. With no one else physically around (besides the not-Ren currently), he let it show a little more. And let it color his reactions.

His brain didn’t even register that it was actually Ren who had pulled him under the water at first. He immediately swapped places with a kawarimi target without even thinking about it the moment he felt his ankle grabbed. I am glad I remembered my tools… He took a moment to orient himself from the shift, then propelled himself backwards and up towards the surface, finally registering the sight of Ren and reading her lips. He blinked, startled perhaps more by Wockerjab’s words and the malicious look of her than he had been by his ankle being grabbed.

Ren was nervous about this entire thing… she clung to me when we were told to pick partners… even as he was drifting further backwards, putting more distance between himself and Ren. He popped his head up long enough to get a breath then pulled himself back under to keep a better eye on “Ren.” It is unlikely this is the real Ren. They mentioned that it was dangerous in here… The thought process was sped by adrenaline, and the logic was sound enough. It couldn’t be the real Ren/Wockerjab. It wouldn’t make any amount of sense. So, that was how Reizo justified to himself diving down a little deeper and finding a good sized rock, then propelling it with a burst of chakra towards the malicious face of his friend, then popping back up to the surface.

”I am not playing.”

[MFT, WC: 347]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With the argil messenger out of sight and the clapping of its wings lost to him, Yoshihisa decides at once at turn his attention back towards the impostor with a detesting gaze which would most definitely meet the standards to murder if looks could kill. Uncertainty of which there was none might have been the one thing keeping the student in check at this point, but as the trickles of blood ran down his arm quickly turned into a shape most suited to pierce the being in front of him, no doubt remaining to anyone that even his own body would be employed in the upcoming fight in ways that even full fledged Shinobi would horrified by. But to the boy, it was nothing like the monstrosity, the foul mockery of what a human being left behind that was currently raised to pose as Reishii: Edo Tensei, he was sure of it, in that his research had mentioned time and time again the branch of outlawed techniques a certain Kinjutsu had brought forth and continued to plague the world till this very day. Even Iwagakure, for all that their pagan ways had taught them about the value of returning someone to the elements was no exception, making it all the more surprising that this had happened out in the open.

"Bakuton: Ryū no Honō!" (Explosion Release: Dragon Fire)

Drops of spittle washed over the boy's chin as he viciously chewed away at the chunk of clay used for the previous sculpture all while forming the seals, knowing very well that despite the fact that his supplies weren't limited he still shouldn't be wasteful and should try to end this as quickly as possible. If it hadn't been for the technique, Yoshihisa's features still supported all possible excuses to spit at the impostor Reishii, only instead of the usual, it resulted in a small ceramic cloud rapidly hovering over to close the distance between them. And despite being about as imposing as a thrown china teacup with looks alone, the explosion following upon contact would be large enough to engulf the inanimate body as a whole, in the process shattering any of the crystals in the immediate vicinity.

Before the dust had even had a chance to settle, the barrage continued in the boy's attempt to bring down the walking corpse. Nearly being scorched by the last assault seemed to matter little, least of all worthy of reconsidering if he should remain on the blast side or not if his body would even allow it, and thus the next series of explosions followed in rapid succession. The incoming pieces of scrapnel nearly tore away at his face, his body as a whole yet as a streak of incredible luck had avoided any major limbs or vital organs. Most of all, as he lay there panting, he couldn't deny that the one doing the most damage was himself, to himself, but all for a cause worthy of draining yourself for.

"I don't know if whomever is behind all this can hear me, if this class as a whole was a ruse to begin with, but know that no matter if you are the one "Mister Joker" or this so-called "Queen" who is behind these despicable acts, that I'll seek you out.."

And with those words, the blood projectile was fired towards the crater left behind by the explosions, hoping dearly that this last resort was no longer needed.

[MFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back