Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Yes Mom, I Have Friends

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Once again Kani found herself booted out of the restaurant by her mother. It wasn't like Kani did anything wrong, but her mother wanted her to have the chance to not be stuck in one life like she has been. So any time Kani weasels her way into the kitchen to help her mother, she knows it's time to kick her out to play nice.

So she sent her out under the guise of needing to clean. Now Kani was doing what she always did, waiting at the center for her mom to think enough time had passed. She softly sang to herself and those around her. When not off doing things, she often imagined herself to be a singer on stage somewhere far away. So, when in this situation that is how she passed time, singing her little heart out. She was actually rather good, having a natural rasp uncommon for children her age allowing her to hit notes that most couldn't in her range.

Nanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nanami was tired. She hadn't been sleeping well, and even when she managed to sleep it was fraught. Confusing nightmares or visions or just errant waking thoughts. It was all blurring together into a haze. This was not the kind of fatigue a good night's sleep would resolve and had been going on long enough that she stopped looking for solutions. The new normal. To be tired, and cranky and unsure. Still, she made the most of her waking hours, wandering through the village between her duties and training as if she were looking for something. She was looking for something, even if she didn't know quite yet what it was. Something.

A sound drew her out of her self-inflicted quiet and made her stop. It brought a rare smile to her face and she lingered a moment swaying to a sound most wouldn't be able to hear at the distant song and...given to a moment of revery, pulled herself toward it. It wasn't long, Nanami knew her way quickly and unless she caught her quiet footsteps, the first sign of her approach was a warm and gentle applause to Kani.

The young woman stood smiling, white hair a messy mop covering her face, pushed back to reveal her eyes tired as they were filled with a quant warmth. "Encore~" she offers dressed in the unmistakable garb of a Cloud-nin.

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kani's eyes opened for a moment, wider than average. Had she really been that loud? Probably, she did not exactly keep a quiet demeanor about her. "Oh.. uh.. hi." She stumbled on her words, the embarrassment clear on her face. It was one thing to sing another to be acknowledged.

"Oh.. are you um.. a Shinobi? Me too, or at least I'm working on it. I um.. I'm Sotashi Kani, but you can call me Kani."

'another girl with white hair? Is something going on in this town? Are they all related?' Kani thought as she introduced herself.

"You um.. sorry you had to hear that I know I'm not exactly the best singer, I just um well I enjoy it a lot. Um." She rocked back and forth, crossing her arms in front of her as she felt she may now be actually in some sort of trouble. This person looked young, but clearly wasn't a student like herself.

Nanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She nods, the little look of terror did not inspire Nanami. At least it looked like terror to her rather than simple embarassment. She shrank briefly but pressed on nonetheless. "I am, Medical. Sotashi. Sotashi Kani," she repeats aloud followed by a moment of pondering but shakes her head. Not familiar, but few people here were. She closes the distance between them some, reduced to a half dozen or so feet and appraises her head to toe while Kani expresses her regrets. She makes a sour face and shakes her head.

"The hell?" she exclaims somewhat dramatically. "You can sing wherever you want," she insists. "I came because I thought it was charming," she huffs and lets out an irritated sigh. "Sorry," she says after a moment, rubbing the back of her head sheepishly. "I can leave you be," she says with a little nod of her head and hesitates. "Nanami. Just uhm. Just Nanami," she insists.

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"well call me Kani, I'm sorry I wasn't trying to be rude, I'm just.. you look so cool and.. anyway sorry let's just.. start over? It's wonderful to meet you! I think that's so cool you are a mednin! I have never thought of what branch I'll be doing but having a drive to heal sounds incredible, not exactly my thing but either way." Her words fell out in a rapid fire, it was how she spoke when nervous. The ADHD of it all came to a point and ran away with her tongue.

"So um anyway thank you, I really appreciate that compliment on my singing. I.. I uhm.. ya thank you" her cheeks would grow to be a full pink hue along with her ears and nose.

Nanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nanami softens and looks for a moment with regret she waves her hand and smiles. "Hey don't sweat it," she says with a bit of warmth. Starting over she tilts her head politely. "Well, it was a kind of...counterbalance act. Still seem to find myself fighting, maybe moreso. It's nice to be considered a target worth protecting but, no matter what I wind up doing fighting seems to be the focus..." She replies not seeming to mind or respond to the rapid fire questioning other than with sincere answers. Still she finds herself drifting wistful and makes a concerted effort to stay positive.

"Well, no, the thanks goes to you for the lovely impromptu performance! Do you practice often?" she asks.

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kani smiled warmly as she listened to the girl, "yes actually quite often, pretty much any time I'm not at the academy or cooking in my mom's shop. It's all I really can offer people so I feel it's best to do it where people can hear."

She would think for a moment before speaking again. "I'm sorry if I bombarded you with questions, I was just nervous and that's how my brain works sometimes" she let out a laugh. "But you know people are weird or their not worth knowing, that's my thought." She randomly gave a thumbs up and huge smile after that.

'Kani you're doing the thing, stop doing the thing..'

Nanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nanami smiles sheepishly at the much too-cheery younger girl. She understands the energy, she's gotten to know there are people...like that out in the world. She just doesn't get it. A different wavelength. But it helps her pretend a little bit when she spends time with them. "Oh stop that," she says sharply. "All you can offer people? Don't talk like that," her expression darkens for a moment, she looks angry but it softens and she winces. "Sorry, I just. You know, you have your whole life to find what you're good at, what you like. You know? But you do have a pretty voice, if you enjoy it, make sure you share it," she offers, still seeming a little uneasy.

She waves her hands dismissively at the rest. "It's fine, if there's anything people love to talk about, it's themselves," she replies cooly. "Mind if I ask what you hope to get out of your time in the academy?" she asks.

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her eyes widened with the sudden shift in tone, but the rested quickly as Nanami's voice a body language calmed. She didn't realize what she was saying, so when it was pointed out it hit rather hard. She felt like she had done something that hit a trigger in her would be friend unintentionally. But as Nanami continued, Kani brushed off the feeling at the compliment of her voice.

"No I don't mind." She'd say with a timid voice, her energy much calmer than it had been. "I just want to help the people of this village, any way I can. So, out of the academy, I'll be able to do that. Make a difference, help people, make them safe, you know the standard stuff really."

Nanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nanami can't help but feel a little guilty. She can't see in her head, but she knows the effect she has on people. At least, smart people. She rubs the back of her arm and tries not to think on it too much.
You don't belong here with them.
She forces another smile, trying not to dwell on why Kani has changed, restrained her energy. "I wouldn't say that's all that standard," she remarks. Honestly, separate planets. "But it is sweet. I hope you keep that bit of joy with you all the way to graduation," she says and offers a little thumbs up.

"How far along are you in your training? Have you learned any Jutsu?" she asks, peering at Kani curiously.

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kani squished her face and looked up in thought "I mean I have some taijustu techniques down, but I'm not exactly not most.. I've been told my chakra is pretty low. Kind of a miracle I've made it even this far. But now, I'm about halfway done with school, so the exams will be coming up before I know it." She laughed heavily.

"Okay, you asked me so, why'd you get into this then? Was it for a similar reason or did you choose it for something else? Of course don't feel you have to explain yourself or anything just.. You know." She laughed a little more awkwardly, but that bubbly persona was returning with every word she spoke. Seemed Kani wasn't the type to stay down when she was.

Nanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She nods to Kani regarding her more seriously. She can handle this, ninja talk. She knows how to engage and it shows, her comfort immediately increases. Slacked shoulders, eased postures, much less frowning. "That can be developed, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I'm also Taijutsu focused, but I can be a little chakra battery when needed," she smiles easily. "Don't fret the exams, if you're worried about them I'll be happy to run you through a practice some time? Try to make some friends with your fellow students," she remarks. "It'll help." She doesn't elaborate.

"Oh." She hesitates for a moment when Kani asks her why she 'got into it'. She laughs for a little while awkwardly and glances away from Kani growing silent for a few moments while she contemplates the right answer.

She glances back and smiles as if there's nothing at all odd about her response. "I'm good at it," she replies simply.

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Nothing wrong with going for what you're good at." Kani says with a broad smile. "I think it's probably going to be hard, but I'm okay with that. I've been making a ton of friends, so I'm sure when the time comes I will be just fine." She laughed for a moment then tilted her head in thought. "Honestly any and all practice I can get is welcomed. I know that I'm a little goofy on the outside, but I'm all business when it comes to this stuff. It's my future, and possibly more than just mine. We don't have room to not take it seriously, I mean there are creatures right outside the walls that would take any chance they got." She would settle herself a bit, clearly getting a little too into her own way. "So, yes I would happily take you up on that offer next time I can., thank you."

Nanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She nods and has a wry expression while she watches Kani accept that. She nods when Kani mentions how it will be hard. "Take it seriously, and you'll make it through, I'm a good judge of character," she lies and snaps a finger pointing at Kani. "You're gonna do great," she smiles confidently.

She pivots and peers, realizing the time, and where she is and what she's doing and shrinks a bit, it's a subtle shift. Her shoulders tighten, and she looks back at Kani still all smiles. "Then we'll have to practice another time yeah? I'll see if I can't arrange something through the academy," she offers. "And if not, well, I'm sure I'll hear a little songbird again sometime," she smirks playfully.

She lets out a quiet sigh, and the smile flickers and fades. "It was really nice meeting you Kani," sincerity hangs in her otherwise much more muted tone. "But I've gotta run. Thank you, for the song," she manages a last weary smile.

[DEPARTS]

Last edited:

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kani waves, "it was lovely to meet you too." She would offer a friendly smile and watch as she went. She'd go back to her singing and sitting in the center, hoping to not bother anyone but get her time in.

[Topic left]

Last edited:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back