Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Yurei Orchid: The Power of Creation [Req. Hina]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
[Topic Entered]

The voices. There were so many voices always speaking. Always talking to the Chikamatsu Overseer. He knew they were the voices of his inner court, but since their bodies had faded due to the weakening of the seal not only could he hear when they spoke to him he could hear all of their thoughts. His stability was waning, and he has noticed black outs in his memory like before. Before when Kohana was taking control when they were not coinhabiting a body but rather alters of one another. His concern wasn't too present on his mind until he blacked out in class and woke back up to his students being attacked by an onslaught of attacks.

Perhaps the Orchid was damaged during his travels which causes his connection to it to be weakened. He had left a family in charge, but they weren't around anymore. He let out a sigh. He needed to speak to the one that was still here. He needed to pull upon the traumas and memories of a child.

~Amaterasu Hina, please report to the Arboretum's Inner Sanctum.~

Shin's voice would page over the Omni Prime Medical Facility and the Arboretum where he would assume the child was working. She was the lone survivor of the family that was sworn to defend the Arboretum, and more importantly the Yurei Orchid. Shin owed everything to her. She witnessed the sacrifice of her parents to protect what was most vital to Shin, and now it was time to have her understand why.

Of this next generation of Chikamatsu youth, not only is she one of the four most notable students this generation had to offer, but she was also the only one with a strong connection to the Kekkei Genkai most commonly associated with the Yamanaka lineage that was the cornerstone of the Chikamatsu Clan. The mental fortitude it took to take on the Seal of the Yurei Orchid nearly broke Shin when he was first appointed as the new Overseer, and he was seen as a prodigal child.

Standing in the Inner Sanctum before the ghostly aura of the flower he waited for his pupil to come in so that they could discuss how her life was planned for her, and how she was going to be the only one able to save Shin's soul.

MFT: 386/3000

Amaterasu Hina

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Topic Entered]

~Amaterasu Hina, please report to the Arboretum's Inner Sanctum.~

Hina's ears perked up as her name was mentioned over the intercom system. She recognized the voice that came over the speakers, it was her Sensei and Overseer. As her heart began to beat faster and faster and worries start to fill her head, Hina kept a steady hand. One of the potted flowers she was tending had a bad case of root rot. She must be very gentle as to not harm the plant as she cleaned it of decaying plant matter.

Hina finished her current task, only hoping it would take more time then it did, then slowly got to her feet. She knew this day would come. Part of her was ready to embrace it. The other part was terrified as to what lay ahead. None of it mattered though. This was her duty to her clan. Wether she liked it or not, she must start learning what it means to be the person she was.

Hina knew the path well at this point. The inner sanctum was not a new place to her. But here, at this new facility, everything felt just a bit wrong. Hina stood at the doors leading in. For a moment her mind flashed to her mother and father. She couldn't help but think this would be so much easier if they were here to help. She tucked a small red flower and a small purple one into her braid. Her mothers favorite, and then her fathers, both very poisonous, and both a comfort blanket Hina wore daily. With a deep breath, Hina entered the inner sanctum.

"Shin Sensei. You called for me?"

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
With a smile on his face Shin would turn and welcome Hina into the inner sanctum. "Hina, we are so glad you could make it. Before we begin telling you why we brought you here today, may we just say..." He gestured to the Yurei Orchid. "It is looking beautiful. You should be proud, I know your parents would be." He gave her a soft and knowing smile. He too lost his parents at a young age.

"As you know, this flower is the source of power within the Chikamatsu Clan and is what binds the Inner Court Members together. That is what I am needing help with today unfortunately. You may have noticed that during the class I lost control of Kohana and she took over. This cannot keep happening if I am to lead the Clan with honor."

He hesitated for a moment. "Guarding the Yurei Orchid is not your only task here. Simply being near it allows the Yurei Orchid to take in some of your chakra and learn to adapt to you. If I am to perish the Yurei Orchid will be bonded with you as the two of you will have the strongest connection at that point. That connection is why you are the only one that can help us today."

Stepping towards the flower it would perk up and the small ghost like flower would turn and face him like a sunflower following the sun. "When the Arboretum was attacked we believe that the Yurei Orchid experienced some stress which has caused it to weaken the seal that I carry we will need you to reapply it to me so that our connection can be stronger and more permanent.

Amaterasu Hina

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hina listened to her Sensei intently. She would stay quiet, being quite shy and afraid to say the wrong thing in front of somebody she looked up to so much.
"That makes sense...but are you sure I am strong enough to help you? I don't want to end up doing something wrong."
Hina understands she is the only one capable of doing this, but she she can't help but feel like she isn't an adequate choice.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shin chuckled softly. "Oh I have full faith in you. You are now as strong as I was when I was forced into taking in the power of the Yurei Orchid, but I find myself losing my connection with it and I could use another pair of steady hands." He would gesture for her to extend her arm towards the flower, and if she did the flower would turn towards her like it had to Shin. "More importantly though, the Yurei Orchi has chosen you, at least for the time being, to assist in this."

Shin's mind began to wander back to when he first took on the Yurei Orchid. Letting out a sigh Shin prepared himself for this. Stepping up to the orchid he could see five shadowy figures begin to form around the orchid facing him. As he approached the form directly in front of him began to show it's true form. His sister stood before him, just as exposed and defenseless as he, but on her face was a soft smile for the first time since their initial meeting so many years ago. She, and the four other forms, all reached out and laid a soft touch to one of the six opened petals of the bloom. A single blue petal remained, and Shin could feel the power of the Yurei Orchid calling to him. Tears began to dwell in his eyes as he knew his life was over. He knew that from here on out he would have to not think of himself, or think as himself, but as the clan as a whole. With streams of salt water dripping from his eyes the innocent child reached out and placed but a single finger on the flower.

His blue eyes began to glow as vibrant as the flower's petals as it's chakra surged through his veins. He could feel the screaming thoughts of all those within the village as his Yamanaka blood began to boil within his body. Visible strands of pure chakra became visible throughout the inner sanctum as the boy's mind began to lash out causing his linking jutsu to amplify itself. Clenching onto his temples the young man dropped to his knees and let out a scream. The pulsating chakra was placing so much pressure onto his body that he was afraid it would break him.

A blink of his eyes and he was outside of his body. Staring at his body on the ground screaming Shin raised his hand to see a feminine one before him. He could feel his long hair brushing against his waist. He touched his face and it too was different. Smooth and there was no rough stubble from the morning's shave growing back in. He looked down and could see a female's body. He looked around and could see two shadowy forms on his right and two more on his left. He then realized what happened. He was looking through Kohana's eyes instead of his own. He could feel her body materializing and the power of the Yurei Orchid was creating the first member of the Inner Circle from the soul that swelled within the boy's body. He could feel her body hardening from pure chakra and could even see her once translucent form become opaque.

His memories were strong. He waived his hand and from a formless chakra pool Kohana formed once more. "I am afraid you're the only one this Orchid will allow to touch it aside from me." Stepping into the room, seemingly from no where stood Maho, Seishinko, Kayaku, and Seikatsu. The four other members of the Inner Court. Members that Shin had met through his years and placed his trust into. All of them stepped forward, placing a single hand onto four of the six petals, leaving one white petal and one blue petal.

Kohana stepped back, tears dripping from her eyes. "Go ahead, place you hand on the Yurei Orchid." She turned to look away, knowing what Shin was needing help with.

Amaterasu Hina

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hina found herself surrounded by incredibly powerful figures. All of whom she knew to live inside Shin’s mind. Hina couldn’t help but be intimidated. These people, these immensely powerful people, needed her help. Hina knew she had a duty, but she couldn’t help but feel a pang of fear as she watched Shin and Kohana. There was something the duo was not telling her. They both seemed….tense? Scared? Sad? Maybe all 3. Hina did not know what awaited her , but she knew she trusted her sensei, and she knew she wanted to help.
“Ok, sensei’s.”
Hina hesitated a moment and then placed her hand on the Orchid, waiting for what was to happen next.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The light in the room would invert. Where light once stood now became darkness and the darkness in the world gleamed bright. For a moment when Hina blinked she would be staring back at herself from a different point of view, but as soon as she would notice this the vision would return to normal.

”Amaterasu Hina. You will be taking my place. I fear I can no longer reliably serve and protect the Chikamatsu Clan. I am returning to the shadows where I can keep Shin safe, but until his death you must take this role onto yourself.”

Kohana would start to slowly fade from view as she spoke to Hina without moving her lips.

”Hina. Welcome to the Inner Court of the Chikamatsu Clan. You are now, and until the next overseer takes claim of the Yurei Orchid, the protector of the Arboretum. Do the clan proud. I know you will.”

At the back of Hina’s neck the Yurei Orchid would attempt to sear the symbol of the clan as well as the filled in second petal, marking her as the Inner Court Member she had always meant to be. Though she wasn’t the Overseer yet, this was a step in that direction. Now it was up to time to tell if Hina’s body could withstand the sealing process to make a connection to Shin and the rest of the Inner Court.

Amaterasu Hina

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hina’s eyes grew wide with shock. You will be taking my place. I fear I can no longer reliably serve and protect the Chikamatsu Clan. I am returning to the shadows where I can keep Shin safe, but until his death you must take this role onto yourself.

You will be taking my place.

But Kohana-

Hina’s thoughts were cut short as a searing pain burned the back of her neck. At least thats were it started. The searing would burrow deep into Hina’s head like roots of a tree. She would hear whispers and voices, each one piercing deeper and deeper. It was like she could feel the raw energy growing in every nook and cranny of her mind. The pain would flood down from her head and into her body. Hina never even got the chance to hope the pain would lessen, the intensity staying the same, if not getting worse as the roots of energy filled her entire body.

Hina could feel herself slipping. She collapsed to her knees, letting out a blood curdling scream, hoping it would help the pain in some way, but to no avail. Even as she would collapse, she made sure to keep a gentle hand on the Orchid.

I will take your place, Kohana. I will serve this court well, and I will protect the arboretum.

Hina’s mind began to shut down. The pain was too much. But Hina was determined. She would last through this, she would take Kohana’s place, and she would join the inner court, and she would serve the Arboretum every day of her life.

Hina was suddenly outside of her body. She watched as the Yurei Orchid would appear on her neck. And she would watch as the second petal would fill itself in slowly. Hina could see the Chakra flowing all around the room. She could see the energy piercing into her own neck. She could see the glowing energy below her skin, flowing through her. And she watched, as Kohana would leave the inner circle. She looked around at each other member of the circle. They would all depend on her now. It was time for Hina to take her place.

Hina would step back into her body. The pain overwhelmed her. Hina’s hand would slip from the flower as she fell to the ground, fully unconscious. Hina could no longer stand the pain, but as she fell to the ground she knew she would awake with the symbol of the inner court seared to her neck. She had just barely made it, hopefully she could make Shin and Kohana proud.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Shin's second seal was released, causing Kohana to no long be a part of the Inner Court System he could feel his overall connection slightly weaken to the rest of the members. His face twisted slightly in concern as he and the other members of the inner court watched Hina feel the burning sensation that they all went through to receive the seal.

Kohana would slowly step backwards, melting into the ether like she originally stepped from. She would become invisible to all of those around her except, of course, Shin. He let out a sign as he watched the seal form it's petals at the back of Hina's neck. As the sealing ended he would take a step forward and extend a hand towards her to help her back to her feet.

"Hina, I must ask you but do not feel as though you are being pressured into it as I know your family is a vital part of your identity, but as a Member of the Inner Court would you like to officially carry the name Chikamatsu?"

Regardless of her response he would continue. The other members of the Inner Court would take this time to leave and go back to their work. "As you may know, since you have become friends with Sora, the Omni Prime Medical Facility is currently sponsoring my research into creating artificial lifeforms known as Homunculi. Is this something you would like to study with me? An aspect of this is to test their strengths and weaknesses, and as I have become aware you have a stronger affinity towards Poison than I myself have. Knowing the intricacies of how the body reacts to various chemical compounds will help us better understand how to perfect the current creation techniques."

Amaterasu Hina

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hina would take Shin’s hand and slowly rise from the floor. She wiped away the damp tears that streaked her face, wincing in pain as she lifted a soar arm. She froze as shin would ask her the question. would you like to officially carry the name Chikamatsu?
Even as she stood there, mind wandering, Shin would go on about his research.
“I will help you with your research. I only wish to serve this clan, and if helping you does that I will do it without hesitation.” Hina’s eyes would then well up with tears, even though she refused to let a single one fall. She would remember her parents. She would remember them teaching her, moulding her into the person she is today. She knows they would be proud of her in this moment. “Amaterasu is the name of a sun goddess. My family dawned it because in order to grow, we need the sun. I will always be an Amaterasu, nothing will change that. But now, I know the sun is not the only thing helping me grow. As member of the inner court, I will take on the Chikamatsu name with pride. That is what my parents would want.”

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
((OoC: If you actually wanna do the name change, which you 10000% do not have to do, here is the link))

Shin would give her a soft smile and place his hand on her shoulder. `Hina, you will grow into an amazing Kunoichi and will one day lead this clan and do your family proud.` Shin's mouth would not move, but his words could be heard. Their connection was already beginning to develop as he said they would.

"While I appreciate the help, now I think you need rest. You have your Genin Exams coming up soon and I would hate for you to be tired or be unable to perform at your peak skills for it. You will be there with Toyoko, Ayame, and Sora, so if you want to prove yourself worthy of one day being the Overseer make sure you do not disappoint yourself." He would make his way to the door out of the inner sanctum. "Take the time that you need, I will be seeing you soon."

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back