There was some time of awkward quiet between them as the two slowly levitated into the tremendous hole in the ground which was broken at last by Harupia who turned slightly to look at Reiko and introduce himself with a handshake and by giving his name. Reiko was generally used to being treated as background radiation by others around him given the way that visitors to the Kazekage Tower typically had their attention fixated on their business with the Kazekage so the attempt at politeness surprised him lightly and for a moment it seemed like perhaps the Kazekage's guard dog might not respond at all but finally he clasped Harupia's hand with his left hand-- the cold steel of his prosthetic fingers masked underneath the leather of his glove.
"Masashi Reiko." He said, giving his name but saying nothing else. Even at the best of times, Reiko had always been a man of few words.
As they began to descend past the half-way point in their mid-air journey, Reiko felt the creeping sensation wash over him and with it steal away a portion of his body's chakra.
It was not an entirely unfamiliar feeling-- it was something he'd grown accustomed to while hunting beneath the Obsidian Palace --but coming into contact with it here was startling. Wind Country was a land of dangerous mysteries but eerie sinkholes that consumed the chakra of living creatures were not generally considered naturally occurring phenomena. For his part, Reiko didn't mind the rising heat. His body always ran hotter than most of the other people he encountered but the way his chakra seemed to simply leave his body was worrying.
"I feel it. Something down here is drawing it out of us." He responded to Harupia, answering his question about whether or not Reiko could feel the draining sensation as well. It was a bit of a jump to a conclusion but Reiko couldn't think of any naturally occurring circumstance which could create an effect that could lift chakra directly out of living creatures which meant that more than likely there was something causing it.
Pulling his left glove off of his hand, Reiko flexed the dermal muscle fibers in his prosthetic arm and with a crackle of angry dark red chakra he kicked the arm into gear [Equipping Mechanized Arm which has the Re-Energize augment that restores 2% maximum CP each round]. In addition to storing a small arsenal of useful medical and tracking supplies, the arm itself was constructed to be able to pull residual energy out of the air, re-purpose it and then feed it back into Reiko's chakra coil system to restore his bodily energy something like an oxygen reclamation system. The energy he'd already lost to the draining effect of the cavern felt greater than what he knew his arm's "backup generator" was able to produce but it would help in the long run by slowing the rate by which he lost energy.
"Sadly, I'm not really well versed with tracking in the open like this... I do remember in the snapshot the young chunin showed it seemed the place they were attacked was rather spacious. So unless you can find anything which may suggest otherwise I think we should go the right way."
"No, I agree. The snapshot showed them proceeding through the upcoming area before finding a door." Reiko explained in agreement with Harupia's assessment. "Keep your eyes open as we go forward. Whatever attacked the kid's team could be right around here."
The team hadn't said anything about the draining effect in the snapshot. That implied that they were either cripplingly inexperienced or it simply wasn't present when they'd descended the tunnel the first time. If that were the case then whatever it was that they'd disturbed down here was almost certainly the cause of it and if they were feeling it's effects already it meant whatever that source was would likely be in local proximity to them.
[Going with Harupia down the right path.]
The Red Prince [Veteran]
HP: 48,000 (65 + 15 x 600)
CP: 33,000 (40 + 15 x 600)
Class Bonus: Kinjutsu [Jashinism], +1 Ninjutsu Accuracy
High: Ninjutsu Accuracy
Medium: Melee Accuracy
Low: Genjutsu DC, Ranged Accuracy
Chakra Control: 600/600
Secondary StatsShowMelee Accuracy = 23 + 2 = 25 (26 with weapon)
Ranged Accuracy = 19 + 2 = 21
Ninjutsu Accuracy = 27 + 2 = 30
Melee Dodge = 24 + 2 = 26
Ranged Dodge = 24 + 2 = 26
Ninjutsu Dodge = 24 + 2 = 26
Genjutsu Difficulty = 24
Genjutsu Save = 24
• +2 Accuracy/Dodge [Chigokai Passive "Bloodlust"]
• +1 Ninjutsu Accuracy [Class Bonus]
- Shinobi 101: Visual Genjutsu with Ninjutsu Accuracy
- Blood Magic [Kinjutsu Ability]
- Blood Annointed [Kinjutsu Ability]
- Journeyman [Branch Ability]
- Gift of Lifehunt [Cursed Seal]
- Jutsu Expansion
- Sixth Sense
- Healing Factor
- Weapon Mastery: Slashing
- Kinjutsu [Jashinism]
- Kinjutsu [Jashinism]
- Kinjutsu [Jashinism]Affinities and Sense MasteriesGift of LifehuntShowGift of Lifehunt - Cursed Seal
Lifehunt refers to the innate sixth sense that all beings which have the blood of Orochi possess. It confers on them the ability to sense the heartbeats of living creatures around them in much the same way that a bat uses echolocation to detect objects. Each beat of a heart creates a ripple effect that Lifehunt senses and communicates to Reiko giving him a greater sense of his surroundings and making it much harder for living creatures to sneak around in his presence without his being aware of them. Lifehunt also represents a general sensitivity to the negative emotions created by the mortal soul during moments of hostility which are often referred to by martial artists as "bloodlust". Due to the Hunger he is drawn towards large concentrations of bloodlust like a shark to bloodied waters.
• Melee Accuracy raised to "High".
• +5% chance of inflicting Bleeding. (2 Points)
• Failed Bleed/Suppression/Called Shot attempts add their % chance to the next attempt made during the same round (bypassing caps); the user's Bleed rank increases by 1 each round, cannot be lowered, and the user takes x1.5 Bleeding damage. (4 Points)
Cost: -6 CP Mod/rnd
- Will Genjutsu [Knowledge]
- Kinetic Genjutsu [Knowledge]
- Water [Major + Minor Affinity]
- Non-Elemental [Minor Affinity]
- Fire [Minor Affinity]
- Blood [Minor Affinity]
- Vapor [Minor Affinity]
- Shadow [Minor Affinity]
- Pouch [Tool]
- Light Armor
WeaponsJutsu KnownMechanized ArmShow"Reiko's right arm is a complex prosthetic limb that encompasses the hand, forearm, bicep and shoulder area of his left side. Crafted from synthetic polymers and carmont-enhanced steel, the arm itself has remarkable durability before taking any of it's other wondrous capabilities into account. With a synthetic chakra-system running through it, Reiko is able to mould and wield chakra just as proficiently as with his natural arm and the steel claws which adorn each of his fingertips are retractable to avoid any damage to his right hand when performing handseals."
Damage Type Unarmed
Accuracy/Damage Modifiers: +2 / -10%
Augments: Re-energize/Recovery/SteadyJashinism JutsuShowB-Rank
Reaper of Faith (Master Rank)
Prayer - Malicious Intent (Master Rank)
Prayer - Last Breath (Master Rank)
Prayer - Divine Judgement (Master Rank)Jutsu Master ListShowE-Rank
• Hot Weapon [Master Rank - Kinetic]
• Stun [Master Rank - Kinetic]
• 1,000 Years of Pain Kai [Master Rank - Kinetic]
• Mimic [Master Rank - Visual]
• False Surroundings [Master Rank - Visual]
• Eye Strain [Master Rank - Visual]
• Body Switch [Mastered -Non-elemental]
• Transformation [Mastered - Non-elemental]
• Snapshot [Rank 1 - ANBU]
• Amensia [Master Rank - Will]
• Drunken Stupor [Master Rank - Kinetic]
• Facepalm [Master Rank - Kinetic]
• Basic Clone [Master Rank - Visual]
• Blur [Master Rank - Visual]
• Rorshach Eye [Master Rank - Visual]
• Cancel [Mastered - Non-elemental]
• Chakra Sense [Rank 1 - ANBU]
• Active Camo [Mastered - ANBU]
• Crimson Tide [Master Rank - Blood Element]
• Red Tide [Master Rank - Blood Element]
• Hidden Mist [Master Rank - Vapor Element]
• Bloody Mist [Master Rank - Vapor Element]
• Specter Shade [Mastered - Shadow Element]
• Dark Displacement [Mastered - Shadow Element]
• Shadow Dance [Master Rank - Buffing]
• Crippled [Master Rank - Kinetic]
• After-Image [Rank 1 - Visual]
• Verse of Darkness [Rank 1 - Visual]
• Leech Seal [Mastered - Non-elemental]
• Rasengan [Mastered - Non-elemental]
• Chakra Blast [Mastered - Non-elemental]
• Sanguine Shield [Master Rank - Blood Element]
• Curse of Anemia [Master Rank - Blood Element]
• White Mist [Master Rank - Vapor Element]
• Burning Mist [Master Rank - Vapor Element]
• Ebony Nightmare [Mastered - Shadow Element]
• Underworld Prison [Mastered - Shadow Element]
• Oblivious Rapture [Master Rank - Will]
• Phoenix Embrace [Rank 1 - Kinetic]
• Lingering Spark [Rank 1 - Kinetic]
• Bass Drop [Rank 1 - Audial]
• Advanced Clone [Master Rank - Visual]
• Perfected Rasengan [Mastered - Non-elemental]
• Morality Sealing [Mastered - Non-elemental]
• Gate of Enma [Rank 1 - Non-elemental]
• Drain Claw [Blood - Master Rank Element]
• Red Haze [Blood - Master Rank Element]
• Blood Thrall [Blood - Master Rank Element]
• Black Mist [Master Rank - Vapor Element]
• Steam Snare [Master Rank - Vapor Element]
• Shadow Summoning [Mastered - Shadow Element]
• Absolute Void [Mastered - Shadow Element]
• Zantetsuken [Rank 1 - Slashing]
• Higuma [Master Rank - Slashing]
• Annihilation [Rank 1 - Slashing]
• Fist of Sin [Master Rank - Unarmed]
• Fist of Virtue [Master Rank - Unarmed]
• Dance of the Waxing Moon [Master Rank - Unarmed]
• Devastating Aura [Master Rank - Buffing]
• Torment of the Physical Plain [Master Rank - Will]
• Corruption of the Earthly Plain [Master Rank - Will]
• Chaos of the Mental Plain [Rank 1 - Will]
• Delayed Agony [Master Rank - Kinetic]
• Hemorrhagic Fever [Master Rank - Kinetic]
• Tree Binding [Rank 1 - Kinetic]
• Blank Slate [Master Rank - Audial]
• Devil's Whisper [Master Rank - Audial]
• The Reaper's Gaze [Master Rank - Visual]
• Body Double [Master Rank - Visual]
• Night [Rank 1 - Visual]
• Invisibility [Rank 1 - Visual]CRPJ InformationShowGift of Lifehunt wrote:Name of Jutsu: Gift of Lifehunt
CRPJ's Effect: Lifehunt refers to the innate sixth sense that all beings which have the blood of Orochi possess. It confers on them the ability to sense the heartbeats of living creatures around them in much the same way that a bat uses echolocation to detect objects. Each beat of a heart creates a ripple effect that Lifehunt senses and communicates to Reiko giving him a greater sense of his surroundings and making it much harder for living creatures to sneak around in his presence without his being aware of them. Lifehunt also represents a general sensitivity to the negative emotions created by the mortal soul during moments of hostility which are often referred to by martial artists as "bloodlust". Due to the Hunger he is drawn towards large concentrations of bloodlust like a shark to bloodied waters. The Gift of Lifehunt's effects are generally restricted to a localized area of around 15-20 meters around him.
Example RP of how it will be used: Closing his eyes, Reiko could no longer "see" in the traditional sense but he was still fully aware of those around him. There were two men standing directly in front of him and a third in the room beyond the hall that was attempting to hide his presence. Perhaps if the third man were more studied in the ways of stealth he might have been able to slow his heartbeat or conceal his presence through chakra-based means but as it stood he was a sheep that was unwittingly trying to hide from the sight of a predator that was entirely beyond him. With each beat of their hearts Reiko could feel the rush of blood surge through their blood vessels and each thump caused a surge of anticipation to hit him as the Hunger ached to taste their blood.
Reason why it cannot be used in battle: Gift of Lifehunt is the RP behind my character's Sixth Sense and Cursed Seal abilities. Technically during battle Gift of Lifehunt does not function but Sixth Sense and Cursed Seal abilities do.Patient Zero wrote:Name of Jutsu: Patient Zero
CRPJ's Effect: Having consumed the blood of Orochi and awakened the latent ancestry in his blood, Reiko's body ebbs and flows with the corruption inherent in the Mad Ancient's blood. His lineage and his perhaps ill-conceived choice to drink Orochi's blood have given him complete immunity to the disease but the virus known as the Red Death lingers in his blood and is a threat to anyone who becomes exposed to his blood. Those that come in contact with his blood, saliva or the poisonous black vapor that he sometimes exhales risk contamination. The first stage of infection is an increase in hostile emotions which rapidly transitions to an unnatural feeling of hunger that can't be sated. Finally it manifests in a bottomless hunger for living flesh and blood making a feral "zombie" out of the infected person.
Infection is completely optional by the player of any character which comes into contact with Reiko's blood, are bitten by him or breathe in his vaporous breath weapon. Any character which is bitten, comes into contact with his blood or breathes his poisonous breath is at risk for infection but may be completely ignored if a player so chooses. Players which are infected by Reiko's Patient Zero effects are considered non-contagious and can't pass on their condition to others. In addition, being infected by Patient Zero cannot be used as a reason to initiate a modded battle unless all participating players agree.
Example RP of how it will be used:
Reason why it cannot be used in battle: Patient Zero has an incubation period and does not happen immediately. If a player which interacts with me chooses to be infected then it cannot have any impact on the battle which is currently being fought.
!! Contamination !!
Contact with Reiko's blood, saliva and poisonous breath causes contamination with a mind-affecting hemo-virus. After an incubation period lasting the remaining duration of this thread you will become 'hungry' for human flesh but you will maintain the cognitive capacity to not attack anyone for the next 3 threads you are in. After that you will start to become like a zombie (but with ninja powers) and become aggressive beyond control or reason. You are aware that you are sick almost immediately and can put two and two together but you must do so in-character. There are a number of cures (which you might have to ask around to find as they were developed by in-character medical staff). If you are uncomfortable with this disease process, I will negate this effect because everything I do requires consent from players and i maintain a stance that it would be inappropriate for me to do otherwise. However, this might be an enjoyable story arc for you.