Another Forge, Another Weapon [Private/Hon]

The main infrastructure of the buzzing village lies among the clouds, past the diminutive ability of the naked eye and eternally watchful of unraveling events in the world below. Legend has it that the most recent, ground-level additions locate themselves on the recovered carcass of a titanic demonic beast that once rampaged through the lands only to be defeated by Raiden himself. But the tale does little to halt the progression of the commoner's daily life.

Moderator: Cloud Council

Kashino Yuu
Cloud Chuunin
Cloud Chuunin
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Secret Santa 18

Another Forge, Another Weapon [Private/Hon]

Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:53 pm

"So, any ideas?" Yuri asked as he walked alongside the young Chuunin. With the recent happenings such as that strange monster attack that occurred earlier, Yuu knew he needed more than learning new Jutsus and battling styles. Rather, he needed to expand his weaponry beyond swords and thrown weapons and with Yuri's suggestion, he knew he needed a new weapon. Unfortunately, the blacksmith that he usually visited was out sick and he has limited time to find another one to plan out his next weapon.

"No clue. He usually the one who worked most of my weapons, especially with the hard ones. Now, what do I do?"

Yuu sighed as he and Yuri walked through the streets while the latter looked around the shops and stands scattered around. "How about you try to decide what weapon will it be? You already have a broadsword and a spear. Not to mention you have a strange bow that transforms into twin daggers."

"Yeah. I was happy that he managed to finish it without any hiccups. Despite that he said the unusual mechanisms might be difficult for him to work on, I'm just glad it worked out than I could imagine." He wasn't exaggerating. He waited for a few weeks for it to finish and it was only possible with a little help for the blacksmith's friend. "Besides, I doubt your lab can come up with a weapon like my paths."

Yuri rolled his eyes before he crossed his arms together. "In any case, I suggest you better come up with something right now. Unless you like to wait more weeks to get a new weapon. You know how busy you are with missions and classes these days."

"I know, I know. But where can I find a blacksmith at this short notice?" Yuu said as he looked around to search.
Honnou
Cloud ANBU
Cloud ANBU
Secret Santa 18

Re: Another Forge, Another Weapon [Private/Hon]

Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:35 pm

”How the bricks did you make this spear…?!” a merchant asked out in a shocked and disbelieving tone to an average-tall Hyuuga with a classic, red strand for a bang in front of his face that clearly gave out his identity to those who personally knew him. He was smiling proudly at the merchant’s awe over his forged creation; a collapsible spear with spiked edges and lots of carvings and stuff. His mind kind of went with the flow when Hon carved markings on it, but he kept it at a Lightning-like inspiration. He used inspiration from tribes around the Land of Lightning…

“I can show you my blueprints later, but what do you think?” Hon replied. The merchant was baffled as he even went to test it out - susceptible of the young man’s product, he wanted to make sure that he wasn’t being scammed, but DAMN! By a clench around the middle of the handle, the spear poked out and stretched its spiky edges a little bit, stretching in length and turning into an actual spear… and another clench on a certain button caused it to close itself again. Nice.

So obviously, Hon managed to sell it to a pretty good price to the merchant slash shinobi wielding a Cloud Headband. That left the Hyuuga all proud and happy in his head…
Kashino Yuu
Cloud Chuunin
Cloud Chuunin
Bank: Locked
Secret Santa 18

Re: Another Forge, Another Weapon [Private/Hon]

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Despite he was focused on looking around the streets to find somewhere to get a new weapon, Yuu sighed in defeat as he couldn't find a single one. Squatting down on the ground, he said, "It's official. I can't even find a single blacksmith around here! I even checked other districts and there is nothing as well!"

"What do you expect? Most of the blacksmiths we find are already booked and I doubt there are available ones that may take a difficult order that you may plan. Which I doubt you already come up one." Yuu frowned at the former parasite at his latest sarcastic remark. Despite this, Yuri also frowned as he looked around at the street once more. "Guess we have no choice but to wait for him to recover so he can work again."

Hearing Yuri's words, Yuu was about to follow them. That was until he heard a merchant's voice of shock nearby. Looking to his left, he saw him staring at a strange spear. When he looked a little closer, he was surprised to see the blade to stretched out and closed itself just by clenching the handle. Just seeing this made him feel impressed at the sight of this strange weapon. When the man left the shop, he could take a closer look at the weapon, seeing the carved markings and the hint of mechanisms put into the spear. Now he was curious!

"Yuu? Yuu..." Yuri called out to his former host as he was about to leave the shopping district. "Are you coming or not?"

However, the Chuunin didn't hear him as he ran up to the shop and approached the man with a shinobi headband of Kumogakure. "Excuse me! Did you sell that spear? Scratch that, is that spear hand-made from this very shop?" From what he looked, he seemed to be a bit older than him. But he could tell how customized the spear was especially with the markings he saw from it.

As for Yuri, he was confused about where Yuu was going as he followed him and found him chatting a young man. Much to his surprise, he didn't see the Chuunin lit up like this ever since his Genin days. Not to mention he saw another shinobi interacting with him for a while now.

[MFT/WC: 386]

Return to “The Village Built on Clouds”