The Satisfaction of Solace [Dual Contract Search!]

The lowlands of Lightning Country are abundant with life and fresh water, encouraging agriculture, the gathering of people, and creation of civilization. This fertile and abundant land has been responsible for the country's large population and its ensuing prosperity. Lightning Country has many small villages and several large cities. Retired shinobi often make their residence in these places, close enough to be able to be called upon if need be, but far enough away to get rest from the busy shinobi life.

Moderator: Cloud Council

Michino
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: The Satisfaction of Solace [Dual Contract Search!]

Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:03 am

The two boys had already gone far beyond the line of duty for not just their village and country, but for the sanctity of life itself. All they had to do was go in and steal documents yet here they went through the added risk of not only saving a girl who had nothing to do with the mission but to stay behind and collect even more evidence. When the mayor rounded the corner to see his prized possession lying on the ground he instantly picked up the pace in his step. Swooping down into a crouch the first thing the man did was check the girl’s pulse. Being that it was a mud clone made to be prone its pulse was weak but steady. Without a moment of hesitation the mayor reached into his vestments as he stood and withdrew a small earpiece that doubled as a headset. Slipping it into his ear he tapped it twice and began to speak lowly into it,

“Nagata, come in Nagata. We have a…white mess. Yes, someone has obviously been here, the chains were broke. I don’t know! I pay you to guard the house when I’m not here for a reason! I come home to entertain a very important guest and the present I intended to give has been ruined! Look you need to come down here, now. I’m not dragging another damn slave out of the basement and killing her by myself; last time I almost got caught. Would have too if I had been any slower with that shovel, no thanks to you. Hurry up!”

The mayor pushed his ear again but left the bud inside in case the bodyguard needed to report something else. He looked down at the mud clone without a single bit of pity. The female form left behind was meant as a ruse but it ended up collecting a ton of evidence against the man. He didn’t even know who had been in his house or what they had done/taken; all he was concerned for was the illegal slave being held in his cellar. Without hesitation the mayor felt that killing the girl and hiding the body in case whoever saw her decided to try and get officials knocking at his door was the first plan. He would also have to bribe the lord upstairs with something else now. In a fit of anger the mayor drew his foot back and kicked the clone in the face as hard as he could expecting her to cry out in pain. A look of confusion, terror, and relief washed over his face all at once when the girl’s features were removed with that clean kick, face splattering against the wall…however when her flesh turned brown and began to melt into the ground his face turned deathly pale. Without wasting any time he turned and tore ass through the wine cellar to jerk the papers out of his guest’s hands to read over the new print.

A scream of rage echoed overhead.

Ryu having served his job and country well would have plenty of time to leave via the exit his teammate offered once the mayor had left upstairs. When the Uchiha emerged from the ground to where their rescued girl and his friend resided he would be met with a startling vision; dead bodies everywhere.

Only moments ago when Eiji and the girl emerged from the ground at a distance safe enough from the house the two were immediately set upon by no less than six fully trained shinobi mercenaries. While they entered the house and found all sorts of dirt on the fat man running a con, the villan’s entire small force of mercenaries had started to converge waiting for the two boys to leave. All six of the men barring down on the children were veterans for not a single one hesitated in their strike. For a Kumo student and a beaten slave this meant instant death and would have too were it not for a wet and furry critter with a drawn rapier moving at such speeds that when it stopped it would have seemed like he magically appeared before them.

Sage Art! Undertow!
Sage Art! Undertow!” Both the Sage and his partner cried out as an explosion of chakra shook the forest Eiji had escaped into.

The nature energy oozing off the mink shoved its way into the ground via his rapier as he stabbed the point into the Earth before him. Mud walls instantly shot up between the mercenaries and the three in the center of the jutsu rising easily twenty feet from the ground followed by a second larger wall that encased enemies that had been cut off from their prey. Standing at the top of the inner wall the sage with angry ocean blue eyes and hands in a seal inhaled deep before unleashing a torrent of water from his mouth faster than a hydrant could dream. In seconds the space between the first and second wall filled up into a moat-like structure with a current caused by the force the water was being exhaled the enemy could not swim through. They simply rolled and paddled through the dark salt water trying their best to hold their breath longer than Hiro could spit water.

In the damp dark of the first wall the Mink removed his rapier from the ground and raised it before his face before standing attention and closing his eyes. Nature chakra so strong even those unattuned could feel it radiated from the critter's weapon. Suddenly the large rodent’s stance changed and it was rapidly stabbing in all seemingly random directions before opening back up his eyes and sheathing the weapon calmly. However, from the sage’s standpoint, he could see the blade being extended through the walls without piercing anything in between except their enemy. After the fluid between the walls turned red the two released the jutsu causing the walls to harmlessly tumble down around Eiji and the slave. The bodies of their foes washed out around the forest though the water itself, not the blood, vanished into the soil and dried as if it was never there. “Go get your friend,” the sage spoke to the Kumo student as he bent a knee to check on the girl’s battered body.

When Ryu had returned and saw the scene displayed before him the mink and his master were already nearly done setting up some strange circle made of sea shells. The sage turned to the boys as his partner continued to pull shells out of a wet bag and place them in the strange circle.
The girl told me everything…I doubt we have enough evidence just with her,” he said a little down unknowing of the Uchiha’s impressive feat, “But we have enough here to officially bring this up to Kumogakure and get this man at least on a wanted list so he can quit conning our country…” The shaggy haired man held onto the documents like a treasure…then smiled deeply,
You have done far more than we ever hoped of you…originally I had planned on giving you some rare shells to sell when you got back home. They would of been worth some money…but, my partner and I agree you deserve something far better.

Stowing away the documents inside of his jacket Hiro turned around and walked to the other side of the circle so that it stood between him and the two boys. Both himself and the mink held out their hands causing the elaborate circle to glow a soft ocean blue. In a blink a fountain of salt water gushed forth from the circle and with a dramatic slowness a giant multicolored pearl began to rise up from the depths of the water column. When it cleared the water it emitted a field of power that completely erased their presence from the surface world. All around the two boys was the ocean deep and the mammals of all shapes and sizes that roamed through her mighty depths.

Focus your chakra and touch the pearl with all five fingertips of one hand,” the mink spoke in a wise tone, “And the ocean’s power will always be within grasp. It is the least we can do for two mortals who would risk so much for the protection of their land and the creatures within.
You know that voice in the back of your head that says, "You can't?" Tell it, "Hold my beer."
~S.D. Gardiner
Endo Eiji
Cloud Anbu In Training
Cloud Anbu In Training
Donator
Valentine's Event 2018

Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:29 pm

Eiji was astounished but he even chuckled at the sounds coming from the mansion. There wasnt much else he would be able to do though, but Ryu stayed behind to get the rest of the information, and when Eiji was at a safe place he would figure out something to go back for Ryu even if it meant it would be a suicide mission. Though, before long he would notice that there was something strange going on, the Mink from before seemed to appear out of thin air and everything afterwards seemed to be a blur. Almost as if Eiji was on auto pilot. Though he seemed to come to seeing the bodies sprawled out...

And being sold to go get his friend... He wasnt used to so much saturated levels of chakra. It overwhelmed his earthy senses, but when all was said and done he would use his sensory ability to find Ryu who seemed to be heading in their direction anyways. It wouldnt be long before they all returned to see the three, the Sage and mink, but with the slave girl that Ryu and himself had saved. Listening to the man speak, he'd sigh.

"Bummer. Maybe Ryu collected something to nail that crab with a spear of justice? Eh?" looking over to Ryu, Eiji would smirk maybe he did but it mattered not because they did the right thing saving that girl... Who knew it might've been a prisoner or war or something but they didnt think about that at the time. They were kids. They didnt think politics at every turn. They barely thought about tomorrow let alone their own lives. At this point Eiji was sure he wasnt immortal but something told him that he was well off that it would be hard to kill him. At any pace Eiji would silence himself to finish listening to the Sage.

Before long there was a pearl... with all the spectacle this was the most mesmerising thing that he'd seen. The pearl was something outside of anything Eiji had ever seen. Then the mink began speaking again. "...Oh man, what's about to happen?", thinking to himself, 'The power of the ocean?' Eiji had forgotten all about his father that was probably worried sick about him but he would be proud and would understand. So Eiji would press his fingertips against the pearl while focusing his chakra into the palm of his left hand. Awaiting what would happen next...
Motivation Theme|Eiji's Theme|Battle Theme v1.0|Eiji's Chill Theme|Spirit Theme
”I will go from... undesirable, to The Undeniable.”™
Otani Ryuichi
Cloud Anbu In Training
Cloud Anbu In Training

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:02 pm

When Ryu appeared on the surface he was met with the vibrations in the earth, and a sudden backlash from chakra overuse. His eyes retracted into it's normal form, and he winced as his vision went a little fuzzy for a few seconds trying to recuperate. "Shit, I used it too long..." He cursed himself, before standing with shaking legs. He was about to go into a panic attack, considering how he was once in a situation as scary as this. He remembered when he was a little kid, playing with a knife that once belonged to his mom...the feeling of wonder, and delusions of granduer as he tried (and failed) to throw it into a piece of firewood. Then one little accident set his future on hold for three years.

What if this was a situation like that? He felt so alive infiltrating this place that he had got caught up on, getting as much dirt as possible. Now he feared that he would pass out from exhaustion here, and now since he was a fool to think he had enough to go on. However, one thing kept him from just falling over, and giving up...

"If you fall behind, you get eaten alive. That's how this life is."

Ryu stopped shaking in an instant, remembering Uri's face at the top of the massive rock in kumo. It was his first day in the academy, and by far the most grueling... He started with nothing, yet Uri didn't pull any punches. He didn't hold back. The world won't hold back, either. So right now, he had a mission to finish. For the people who would be hurt by that man, the state of kumo's land, and his own state of mind.

He walked forward, letting his physical stamina convert into a tiny pool of chakra, eventually stumbling into Eiji, and with a nod, and the removal of his headband, Ryu would follow him to the sagely duo.

His expression was clear, and determined despite his shaky breathing, and occasional awkward shift in balance. He saw the bodies, sure. Did he ask anything? No. There was no point in it, considering the situation they were in, and the fact that the man obviously knowing what had happened after the mud clone...."Oh, that's right." He said to the sage, holding a hand seal. "I have just what you need....this'll almost be all my chakra, but it was worthwhile to get." He said, letting a minor mental link send the snapshot memory transfer over to the mangy man, should he allow it to happen.

Once this was done, he was obviously going through some strain, but the promise of a new power...that was enough to keep him interested. He followed instructions intently, putting his fingertips on the large, beautiful pearl on the opposite side, of Eiji.
Michino
Sand Genin
Sand Genin

Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:08 am

The moment both of the students tapped their fingers against the pearl a pulse of deep chakra waved through the two boys and the forest beyond. Images of their fingerprints held in the five point formation they placed on the pearl lifted from the inner surface of the orb and sank deep into the swirling colors. In return two small bolts of blue colored lightning jolted the back of both their hands to force them back a few steps. The moment either kid stepped back out of the circle the spell was broke. The dark world around them fell away back into reality. If either looked down at their throbbing hands they would see a small mark placed between the index finger and thumb. It was pitch black but the outlines of a mink’s paw appeared on both of their hands for a brief moment before seeming to slip under the first layer to hide from sight of others.

Looking up they would see that the sage for all his power and strength was openly crying. He held out the hand that had been sealed with Ryu’s knowledge out before him like a treasure. It was more than enough to finally shut down the con man and bring at least some small peace back to the little parts of their country. It had been so long since Hiro had considered rest that the very thought overwhelmed him. The Mink, trying not to embarrass his friend anymore than he already had done to himself, cleared its small throat a few times. When that didn’t work he shook the young man but still all the sage could do was simply bawl. With a wistful sigh the giant rodent turned to the two boys.

With that pact you will be able to call upon the power of the Ocean. I don’t remember how shinobi in the village use the seals to summon us since I’ve kinda just been...living with Hiro for the last few years now…but you’re smart boys. I’m sure you’ll figure it out!

The mink turned away and tried to console his friend while the two shinobi went back towards the parental. It had been one hell of a training day.
Marine Mammal Contract Get!
You know that voice in the back of your head that says, "You can't?" Tell it, "Hold my beer."
~S.D. Gardiner
Endo Eiji
Cloud Anbu In Training
Cloud Anbu In Training
Donator
Valentine's Event 2018

Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:30 am

The ritual was astounding... and Eiji found himself looking around in a daze wondering if he'd been dreaming this whole time. However, their focus was keen, Ryu and Eiji's were, and they had done enough to earn the services of... whatever it was that was stated. However. Eiji would already have known about the summoning technique, but he knew of it in terms of summoning scrolls and such as that. So he would figure it out from there, but the crying almost made Eiji get a bit emotional. Was it because it was a beautiful seen what they had done for people they barely knew?

Was it because... they'ed waited so long to be able to do something that seemed nigh impossible? Maybe it was everything all at once.. and Eiji took pride in the feelings that he would take into the world. He would use this in his growth from a student to an ANBU to leader of the branch. He knew his goals were steppnig stones on the life that he would soon lead.

"Oi... Thank you for everything. I will continue to live with the morals I've displayed today... Together we will be able to take down anything that comes against us as a people.", he was merely reciting something from an Endo Proverb but it rang true in this moment... with that Eiji would return to his father after he and Ryu departed from one another... Eiji's father was still sleep....

'Lord... I could have died and he'd have been sleep.'

[Topic left]
[OOC: THANK YOU SO MUCH! IT WAS A FUN RP!]
Motivation Theme|Eiji's Theme|Battle Theme v1.0|Eiji's Chill Theme|Spirit Theme
”I will go from... undesirable, to The Undeniable.”™
Otani Ryuichi
Cloud Anbu In Training
Cloud Anbu In Training

Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:02 am

Ryuichi took a deep breath in awe as he felt the entire world sweeping around him in a dark blanket, yet being fixated on the mess of swirling color in the orb. Everything else didn't seem to matter for those short few moments, and the only thing Ryu could explain it as is 'refreshing'. Almost as refreshing as the jolt of chakra that was sent into his hand afterwards, causing him to step back in shock and allowing the dark world to vanish.

"The power of the ocean...?" Ryuichi muttered to himself as he rubbed the skin where the mark had recently vanished. This was something he'd need to look into, and ask his sensei about. He was well aware that the older ninja was capable of summoning powerful animals of chakra, and it's what helped him determine what exactly the mink was from the start. It was a good way to go from here...

And now the man was crying. The stoic egg-eating doofus that had started the mess and was made into a fool by his older sister was getting truly emotional, and frankly it was a bit heart warming. Ryu smiled, knowing that he had done the right thing. For everyone, aside from maybe....poachers.

Regardless Ryu walked away with Eiji, leaving the sage to get ready for a life of relative peace despite the troubles the ninja world had. He was a lucky guy, knowing his mission was completed for now. Despite this, this was one of the first missions for Ryu, and it wasn't going to be the last.

He was broken away from his thoughts of the future of awesome shinobi-ing that he would be able to do by Eiji thanking him. "It's no problem. It was just like sparring with sensei, right? Just....life threatening with lives on the line. Besides ours." He joked with a small grin. "But yeah. I'll be sure to keep up the pace. Your quick thinking is what gave me the idea, and the tools to get that guy for good. At this rate you'll leave me in the dust, and we can't have that. You'd have to rival Aya!"

With that he had come back to a point he recognized, and waved to Eiji one last time before walking towards the village. He was dying for some fried dried squid, and a nap...

[topic left]
[OOC: thanks! Was a great time!]

Return to “De Cevitate Attonbitus”