How to make a class fun [Tutor]

A cold and callus place, the Academy bares solemn witness to those wondering what makes a Suna ninja superior to others. Within not only the harsh realities of shinobi life are taught, but survival skills unmatched by anyone on the continent. Cruel training regimes produce those skilled enough to be the proud bearers of a Sunagakurian forehead protector. Considering the students left in the academy are but a few, not due to the rigors of their academic journey but rather tragedy it is no wonder that the academy is one of the most up to date facilities in the village. Newly built on the surface it welcomes a fresh crop of shinobi recruits.

Students take classes here.

Moderator: Sand Council

Hakuren
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Donator
Secret Santa 18

How to make a class fun [Tutor]

Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:19 pm

[ooc: This is a private tutoring between me and Harupia. Yes I know it is weird for me to start it the thread as the student and create the lesson plan. However rest assured I will leave the actual teaching to the instructor. Thank you for your understanding]

It was the dead of night when all were resting tightly in the beds. Hakuren sneaks out of his house carrying a few supplies for tonight's event. As he looks above to stare at the dark night sky dotted with small twinkling lights, he notices an absence of the moon. How darker the night seems to be without its rays shining down onto the world. Hakuren made sure to dress warmly as it was the winter months and even in the scorching sands of a desert, it can get quite cold at night. The ground beneath his feet does not retain heat to to the arid nature of the desert. Running down the roads of the residential area he could almost see his breath in the light shining down onto the streets. Despite the time Hakuren was plenty awake as he made sure to adjust his sleeping schedule accordingly.

Naturally the Academy building was closed and locked up, which it why Hakuren is outside probing the doorknob with a paperclip. Hakuren’s mother was part of the medical division, so him getting access to a stethoscope was not too unusual. Hopefully his mother won’t know that it is missing otherwise he might get another lecture on taking things without asking. Hakuren was using this device to listen carefully as he fiddles with the tumblers. Once he is inside he will begin preparations. From the outside the academy seems to be slowly waking from a deep slumber as lights came on one by one.

Hakuren uses and clone jutsu to make a copy of himself. One went down stairs to the basement, while the other was breaking into the headmasters office. Once again Hakuren pulls out a paperclip and goes to work on the lock. When inside Hakuren tapes the microphone button down so that it would stay on. Next the sounds of him taping a walky talky to the microphone could be heard over the loudspeakers. Before leaving the headmaster’s office, he snatches the master key. Hakuren would like to limit the amount of lock pick he would have to do.

Arriving at the class to which Harupia held his class earlier this week, Hakuren places in the key and unlocks the door. After turning on the lights, Hakuren pulls out a walky talky and tests it. As he taps on the two way communication device, his tapping could be heard coming over the loudspeaker clearly. So far everything was coming along nicely. It was kind of unusual for a the student to create the lesson plan and wait on the teacher, but we live in strange times. It was still a little early before the designated time, so Hakuren sits in the teachers chair and waits.
Last edited by Hakuren on Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunaku Harupia
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin
Secret Santa 18

Re: Student created, Tutor taught [Tutor]

Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:18 pm

Harupia has so many questions running through his head as he waddled somewhat sleepily still through the Sunan streets, dressed in the light brown robe bearing the symbol of his family. Why was he up at this ungodly hour, why didn't he look at the note given to him by Hakuren sooner, and just how much trouble would the kid be getting himself into?

He probably could avoid some of those questions by trying to go and visit the boy at his home, to perhaps ask some questions about his plans. What he didn't anticipate was the school workload congesting itself with his daily activities and preparations to fully integrate himself into the ongoing's of the Oracle order. As banal as it sounded it slipped out of his mind due to being busy.

He did remember the note later on, and while weighing his actions he decided to attend to this...game Hakuren set up. If only to ensure he wouldn't get into much trouble for snooping around the academy unsupervised or something. While assuming the boy would actually get inside was a bit of a stretch, he did see him deploy a makeshift smoke bomb in the middle of his class...craftiness was a fine trait, though it seemed the young man didn't have much of a filter as to when it employs it.

His fears did seem to have some ground as he approached the academy and saw some of the lights int he windows lit up, some of them being switched on as he approached. Someone was in there for sure... he could only hope it was actually Hakuren and not someone doing a very clumsy break-in. He did sigh with slight annoyance as he picked up his pace towards the entry. Inspiringly at this point, the door was opened, though at least it seemed to be a fine lockpicking job for the most part. He was half expecting a blown off doorknob.

As he moved through the lit academy he could hear the light taping coming through the sound system. Which means he may have gotten into the headmasters quarter... this was getting better and better. Trying not to grow to irate, though a bit of discontent brewing in him, he would make his way towards where the class was held, opening the door somewhat quickly as he called out "Hakuren?!"

(Entering as the Sunan sanctioned teacher for this lesson)
Hakuren
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Donator
Secret Santa 18

Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:11 pm

As the teacher arrives he would see a person resembling Hakuren but with some key differences. No longer was his hair and eyes the light shade of blue they once were, but now brown as the dirt below. Many things have changed in the past few of days. When he joined the class he was Nanachi and now he was Miroku. Hakuren swore many oaths in joining such a clan. The first to catalog & archive all shinobi knowledge. The second to protect the shinobi way of life from all threats. The last yet most important...to create a clan that spans all countries, organizations & statuses. Being that his parents of such a clan he was well aware of what oaths he would be taking.

Now this lesson plan falls under these oaths to protect the shinobi way of life. The path of the shinobi is always shrouded in shadow. Shinobi are creatures of darkness and there are many that would consider them cursed for that reason. Shinobi are tools for the most part; a weapon used for accuracy and precision. The teachers in this academy have been far to gentle and with such a weak foundation the blade will surely snap. As a true seeker of knowledge he knows sometimes we must do unspeakable things to learn what we must. To this end Hakuren will take measures into his own hands. “Greetings Sensei, yes it is me.”

“I am sure you are wondering why exactly I am inviting you to such an event such as this.”
Unless the teacher did not really care and just was up for adventure, which would be fine too. “Short answer: Mom use to teach many classes but has not found the time anymore now that she has switched to the medical branch.” In other words he was making Harupia into her replacement. Akazukin often teaches engaging classes that was more than lecture or trying out new jutsu. In one of her classes she did a scavenger hunt hiding clues which would lead to each other. Each clue was a riddle, which was encoded. One would need to get a keyword from the previous clue to decipher the one they are at. This prevented anybody from skipping ahead for the most part. It was both a fun and educational lesson.

“So I have to ask you. Are you willing to learn some different class techniques?”
Sunaku Harupia
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin
Secret Santa 18

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:29 pm

Well, he was slightly surprised once the doors were open, in spite of the person in the room responding to his name. He looked directly with the brown hair and changed ensemble...though at the same time he was similar enough he could recognize it was him after a moment. So he assumed this wasn't an attempt to transform his visage to avoid culpability.

The Older Shinobi entered the room nodding to Hakuren, as he really did want to know what the hell was going on here. The answer was... somewhat mundane given the entire set up. Apparently, his mother because busier as of late, and now he was seeking a good teacher to take her place and decided on him? That almost seemed a bit too simple, given he had broken into the school in the middle of the night just to do this. And while he thought the class went well he couldn't help but feel out of all the students he took out the least. He did raise a brow at his final question.

Had his class turned out so uneventful for the Shinobi in training he had decided to "show him how its done" so to say? That was an...amusing thought. After a bit of time, he would say "You know, I did mention Ill be staying in class to take questions if necessary....that would be a pretty good time to ask for some additional tutelage...rather then in the middle of the night...while breaking into your school. But I have to say you had caught my interest a little bit...So what other teaching techniques that you think I don't know would you be willing to share?" he asked with a bit of a challenging tone in his voice.
Hakuren
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Donator
Secret Santa 18

Re: How to make a class fun [Tutor]

Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:43 pm

“I tried that with different teachers and it doesn’t work. Teacher’s tend to think they are smarter and that there is nothing for them to learn from a mere student.” In other words they just brushed off his suggestions as some kid trying to act like a big shot. “Or even genin for that matter.” Pulling up a sleeve Hakuren reveals a shiny new headband. Harupia’s class was the last one he needed to take the genin exam, which to Hakuren’s happiness ended up being a written exam. “I needed to test if you would listen to what I have to say or write me off as some immature child trying to get attention.” The fact that Hakuren asked multiple teachers and not just him might give Harupia a little piece of mind. The idea of his class being so boring would seem to be no longer the case.

“I think it would be better if I show you rather than tell you,” Hakuren says with a grin. “There is a little game my mother use to play. It is called hunter and prey. The rules are simple: hunter is to capture the prey before a set time limit. So I must ask, which do you want to be Hunter or Prey?” Hakuren was not trying to convince Harupia to go to a certain path for both sides has their ups and downs. Either way it is a very educational game where one learns how to capture a target or avoid being captured. Both are skills vital to those who wish to become a shinobi.

[ooc: I was not expecting an auto rank up when I increased my PL. However I still need to pass a tutor thread to continue to Chunin. This will now count towards that. I also edited the title.]
Sunaku Harupia
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin
Secret Santa 18

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:44 pm

Harupia had to blink a few times to process the next few sentences...and to fight away the sleeping in his mind. This was just a little bit too surreal. A student on the cusp of becoming genin... ended up in a class for beginner Jutsu usage. Either he was really bad at keeping track of things, or the peoples setting up classes were really struggling with filling them out properly. After a moment he gave a big sigh before saying "I will be honest the jury is still out there on this point. I understand your previous reservations but I wouldn't call this whole set up exactly...mature. I mean you do seem to be having a bit of fun with this whole thing" he said with a chuckle at the end before saying "Though your dedication is admirable. And seeing you managed to achieve the rank of genin it makes sense you'd be seeking more...targeted studies before trying to rank up. And I would lie if I said you didn't catch my interest with this whole thing... though we probably should hurry to avoid getting us into much trouble here" he concluded with a small smile. This was unorthodox, and while it wasnt...quite convenient for him, he couldn't help but appreciate the gusto here.

As he mentioned the game, he scratched his head while saying "mmm...seems like a familiar concpet. To be honest, with how you snuck in here without raising much alarm. you seem to be quite good at avoiding capture. So perhaps you could use some practice in hunting someone down?" he said with a raised brow, offering himself to be the prey. These type of exercises weren't something he wasn't aware of, but he would like to see if Hakuren's family had any interesting spins on the idea.
Hakuren
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Donator
Secret Santa 18

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:23 pm

Hakuren was happy that the teacher was indeed will to play and the happy smile only turns into a sinister grin as the teacher picks a side. Harupia suggested that he might need more practice hunting and Hakuren was more than willing to prove to Harupia just how wrong he is. Hakuren pulls out a rice ball imbued with a Thunderfist jutsu. “I’m willing to bet you came here without eating breakfast. Eat this so your stomach doesn’t betray you.” Karmic Blessing was an ability that allows him to apply the effects of a self-targeting Nin/Genjutsu such as a buff, barrier, chakra armor, or clone jutsu to another along with himself. Hakuren performs this ability through food and has found that through the shedding of blood he could further increase its effectiveness.

“Now since you are much higher rank than me, I’m going to take a little something to help me track you. Do not fret it would only be a minor handicap.” Taking out a kunai Hakuren would draw blood from Harupia. “My mother was of a Inuzuka clan, so this should help.” Hakuren would sniff at the blood and would then use the blood to scribe a talisman. “Okay then, first I’m going to place this on your back.” It was a paper talisman like those Hakuren likes to use for transforming jutsu into traps. It was similar to a Tsuchimikado's Ofuda Sealing Tag, but with using Harupia's blood in its creation it has a different effect. Walking behind the teachers desk Hakuren would secretly draw a seal on the ground with his foot. He uses the electricity from the thunderfist to brand the floor with a certain seal. Similar to the rice ball, this was Hakuren’s Karmic Curse. Through the scribing of Harupia’s blood, Hakuren can make a seal or talisman that would allow him to share negative effects. Karmic Blessing and Karmic Curse is base on the idea that there is both good karma and bad karma. Good intent and good deeds contribute to good karma and future happiness, while bad intent and bad deeds contribute to bad karma and future suffering. Karma is an important concept in Taoism. Every deed is tracked by deities and spirits. Appropriate rewards or retribution follow karma, just like a shadow follows a person.

Most Tsuchimikado only perform the one, but Hakuren considers himself a true Tsuchimakado. These shinobi are a clan of seers, philosophers, and sages, the Tsuchimikado are proficient in Onmyoudo techniques, the Way of Yin and Yang, which allows them to commune with the spirits of nature around them. With their understanding of balance between light and dark, physical and spiritual, and other such forces, the Tsuchimikado often serve as mediators between the spiritual and the shinobi world on a good day, and exorcists on a bad one. Hakuren believes in maintaining the balance of yin and yang in order to further improve his bloodline. So much so that after learning the Kami contract, he tries to convince Akkuma to teach him the Yokai contract to balance things out.

“Please do not remove or destroy the talisman. The goal of the hunter is to grab this talisman from your back as proof of capture.” Normally capture is defined as the target being bound or knocked unconscious, but Hakuren does not want to go to those extremes. Hakuren might suggest such things in later years, but as of right now he was taking baby steps to improve the academy. “As prey you are to attempt to remain uncaptured by sun rise. Please no hunting the hunter; Defending yourself is fine but as prey your job is to avoid and evade not take out the target.” In other words, stick to your roles and don’t ruin it for the other people playing. “Any questions?”

(ooc: I decided I'm going for Jashinism for my kinjutsu. I hope you don't might me using this class to help me apply for that. If you wish I can alter it and replace the jashinist bits.)
Sunaku Harupia
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin
Secret Santa 18

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:42 pm

Well, at least he made the young student happy... almost to much so. He saw smiles like that in his life... more often than not in the mirror. As unorthodox as this was he would be interested to see what special attractions a young students mind thought about when coming up with a class idea. He did start with offering a... treat. A riceball. Blinking a bit the teacher scratched his head saying "Erm... you're not wrong. I didn't anticipate our meeting here taking to long...which was probably a bad assumption on my part" he did take the offered treat and ate it quite quickly, actually having a bit of an appetite and the ball looking quite tasty. And it was as he ate it, though it had a... peculiar taste. Almost as if something in it was giving him a tingling sensation with each bite. Strange but not unpleasant.

Haru raised his brow but nodded as he said "Sound logic. Whenever a teacher engages in a more direct training exercise there is bound to be handicapped in play... I more often use my sand clone as a moving target that can hit back. It can still be quite troublesome for younger academy attendees" he mused while a drip of his blood was being taken. Playing to his clan's strength was a good thing. And by now letting a little blood bearly flinched him. He recently started to partake in the act more himself with the contract he had signed with a certain lizard... He had allowed for the peculiar talisman to be placed on his back. He remembers him using seals in class, though this seemed to have a different purpose. He did take note of how he moved behind the desk for a moment before speaking again. He probably would need to check behind there at a later time depending on how the class went.

The objective seemed clear. To make it less physical, rather than literary stoping and binding down he target the goal was to remove the seal on his back. He was to run and not hunt down. "Hmm... everything seems pretty clear. Sounds like an interesting lesson indeed. Well, then...I guess I'll be off now" he said smiling widely as he dashed backward, closing the door behind him in a quick motion. Of course, he couldn't close it shut but it was more of a diversion as he ran through a quick series of seals., sheets of paper flying from under the sleeves of his shirt. By the time the boy would be opening the door he would see two of his teachers running left down the hall, one to the right. The Real target was one of the left ones, accompanied by a clone made of paper. Planning to split with him to move towards the open training is, where he could use the terrain to hide better.
Hakuren
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Donator
Secret Santa 18

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:55 pm

“Wait no.” Hakuren tried to stop him from leaving. He had more that needed to be said, things he wanted to give him and jutsu he wished to preform. However it was too late and the teacher was gone and started the game prematurely. Letting out a deep sigh Hakuren shakes his head in disbelief. It would seem that Harupia was one to strike while the iron was hot, but he did wish the man had a little more patients. “This would not have happened if he chose to be the hunter.” Looks like quite a few of Hakuren’s plans went down the drain, but he was far from quits. He would just have to make do. “Here I come my prey.”

Akazukin, Hakuren’s mother, was born to a clan of Inuzuka that specialized in what they called the art of the hunt; the ability to track down and captures one’s prey. Like most kids in the clan Akazukin was given a wolf pup at a very young age. She was to grow up with the animal and form a deep bond with it. Akazukin did indeed form a special relationship with her canine companion as he never leaves her side, but even now she is incapable of communicating with her pet at the same level as her parent can with their canine companions. Because Hakuren’s mother did not inherit the bloodline she did not carry out the tradition. Neither Hakuren or Kokuren was given a wolf pup to bond with. Instead Hakuren found one and an usual one at that.

Those that hold to light, those that cling to dark,
All are Kindred within the Realms.
I do what i Must to maintain Balance;
And that Balance keeps me strong.
There is no Good without Evil, yet Evil shall not flourish.
As my limbs balance my body, so does my path balance my mind.
Through Passion, I gain Serenity;
Through Victory, I gain Harmony;
Through Knowledge, I gain Strength.
I am the soldier who marches the narrow path,
I am the bridge between the realm of the living and the realm of the dead.
As I guard the Realms,
so too does the Realms guard me.

Hakuren eyes that once were a brown is quickly cover to a whitish tint. He eyes did not go completely white like a Hyuuga’s, but more like eyes of that of a blind man. The brown of his eyes is still there but quite fade. In this state he could the spirits of the dead both animal and human alike. Next to Hakuren was a spirit-of a wolf and faithful companion. Dead the wolf may be, the creature did possess ways to effect the living. Her name was Kiki and she was quite well trained. Hakuren had a gun that if she shoot a person that was marked with the blood talisman, like the one he put on Sensei, Kiki would immediately go to attack the target. KIki would use her claws and attempt to slash at them thus causing them to bleed more heavily. Kiki was also pretty good at disposing clones if the shot target was one. (This is my blood anointed. Will make gun in dojo after kin is approved)

“Okay girl, are you ready to go hunting.”
Kiki gives a happy howl, which only those with the gift could hear. Unless Harupia was some sort of dark sage, he would not know what was after him. Though the teacher might know something is up if he ends up receiving claw marks after a gunshot. “Now Kiki, no killing this one. You got that.” This was another one of Kiki’s attacks. When an opponent is knocked unconscious, Kiki would sometime drain the target of its remaining life-force and kill the target. If the target was marked Kiki would not only drain the life-force but also give some of the life-force to Hakuren.

Return to “The Student Academy”