The following abilities may be chosen by any Contract summon upon its creation in place of a standard ability. The below Abilities cannot be learned by normal player characters, only by Contracts.
Sharp Sense - General Contract Ability
Many beasts are known for their sharp senses, whether it be sight, smell, hearing, or some other unique capability. Regardless of the method, this skill represents their enhanced ability to perceive their surroundings.
- +2 Dodge vs targets they are aware of.
Nightprowl - General Contract Ability
A predator stalking the night, a beast with this ability may expertly use the shadows around them to hunt their prey.
- If the Terrain Level is Moderate/Heavy Cover or the Visibility Level is Dark/Pitch Black, the user's attacks have a 20% chance of being a Sneak Attack.
Ferocity - General Contract Ability
With primal rage, the beast strikes carry tremendous force. If their assault is allowed to continue for long, victims find their bodies a mangled mess.
- +10% Melee Damage; this additional damage bypasses barriers and damage resistance.
Ancient Wisdom - General Contract Ability
While many contracts are reclusive and rarely show themselves to the outside world, do not make the mistake of assuming them to be unworldly; many contract beasts live lives far longer than humans, and with this age comes experience. Experience that can benefit those who heed its advice.
- While the contract is present in battle, its allies gain a bonus based on its custom class 'High' stat(s); this bonus is +1 Acc/Dodge/DC/Save and +5% Damage dealt with it. These bonuses do not apply towards caps.
- Example; the contract with this ability having Nin Acc and Gen DC in high would grant its allies +1 to Nin Acc/Nin Dodge/Gen DC/Gen Save, and +5% Ninjutsu/Genjutsu damage.
Predatory Precision - General Contract Ability
With uncanny swiftness, the beast strikes. In many cases by the time a victim is able to notice an attack, it is too late.
- All techniques used by this contract are modded as if costing as -.5 Ap, to a minimum of .5 Ap.
Dread Aura - General Contract Ability
There are some contracts that over time, develop innate aura of danger that seems to speak with other creature's basic instincts. Someone who's will wavers in front of such a beast can find it difficult to fight rather than take flight, or even lock up in fear at the mere sight of such a terrifying presence.
- The contract makes a Genjutsu check against all in battle in the start of each round; targets failing to fully resist this effect are inflicted with Fear, and their attacks targeting the contract have a 15% chance of failing. A victim may only have two moves fail due to this per round, and has a -3 penalty to the initial check if their current HP is lower than the contracts.
Mount - General Contract Ability
Some beasts are built in such a way that they are just perfect to ride upon. A contract owner gifted with such a summon can very much ride their partner into battle, at the cost of it being easier for targets to keep track of both of them.
- The contract may allow a single target to ride upon it. Both Contract and the ally attempting to ride it must spend 1 Ap to begin riding.
- The contract will take damage from attacks directed at it as normal, but will also take damage equal to half the damage dealt to the rider from an attack.
- Non-illusory attacks directed at the rider will user whichever is higher; the contract's dodge or the rider's dodge. Regardless of which is used, it will gain a +3 Dodge bonus.
- Anyone in battle aware of either the contract or the rider is automatically aware of the other as well.
Hivemind - General Contract Ability
There are some creatures where, rather than live as a singular entity, are only ever really whole when as a grouped together as a colony. Although tending to be smaller and weaker when compared to a single being individually, there is some advantage to existing as a swarm.
- The user's Contract takes the form of multiple weaker individuals rather than a singular one. Its total HP and CP is split between 2-through-5 individuals (amount chosen at the time of gaining the contract). All share the same Awareness and AP (only one may perform an action at a time), but effects (both positive and negative) applied to one do not apply to the others. Attacks targeting multiple targets may hit multiple in a single attack.
Gigantic - General Contract Ability
Contract beasts come in all shapes and sizes, and there are some that reach such sizes that those around them. This size is rarely just for show, and though it definitly makes them a large target that attracts attention, it makes it much more difficult to restrain in any way other than defeating it.
- The user's contract cannot be bound by non-illusory binds, but cannot enter stealth. If hit by a non-illusory bind, they instead take a -3 Acc/Dodge penalty for the duration of the 'bind'.