Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Day Well Trained

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After the intense bout of training with Suika even Tatsuo was feeling a bit tired of the whole fiasco. However that was not to say he regretted the little spar, he could've used the training anyways and meeting a kid with such a blazing spirit was something he lived for. Looking around for a place to sit he saw a small bench at the corner of one of the paths, while making his way over to it, he turned his attention to Suika and said "Yeah, maybe we'll do a rematch but probably not with swords.. I think next time we meet you might cut me up like a summer sausage, we'll have to fight on a little more even playing field." he said with a chuckle as he finally reached the bench and took a seat.

Leaning back and putting a hand over his eyes to block the sun he looked up to the sky, while it was still shining bright in the sky it seemed night would be upon them soon. "Your hip is alright, right?" he said looking over to her with a concerned look. Leaning back once more he let out a quick yawn and rubbed one of his shoulders, "Been a while since i've trained that hard with a sword, one of my students uses a sword as his weapon too but he's a little under your skill level. So I never have to try that hard." Tatsuo thought back to Ryo and hoped he was doing alright, he was pretty shaken up before they left for Tea Country but he hoped the change in scenery would do him a little good.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It wasn't too long after their competitive bout that the duo made their way to rest a bit. The kunoichi initially went out her to seek solitude, but she didn't mind entertaining the man for a bit. After all, they did exchange blades. What harm would a little conversation do?

“Maybe, Tatsuo-san. I did just become a shinobi less than a year ago, so I can't imagine what monster I'll be when I'm your age.” she shared with a playful smile. As much as it seemed she was bragging, she was only sharing the truth. Her abilities skyrocketed ever since she joined the academy nine months ago. She was either a genius, had stellar instructors, or was guided and fueled by the spirits that accompanied and, at times, bothered her. Maybe it was a combination of the three?

As they took their seat, Suika took a deep breath as she felt her body pulsate with some strain. That battle took more out of her than she thought. She did her best to hide her discomfort as she kept her expression calmed and confident. “I'm fine. Nothing I'm not used to.” she replied with an assured nod. Although she still felt some pain, she rather that than being mentally invaded like a certain shinobi in her life had a habit of doing within her past. The young gypsy mirrored the Leaf shinobi and shifted her gaze into the sky. Her eyes squinted as they attempted to block out the descending sun's rays. It was almost night time?

Tatsuo reminisced about one of his students from Konoha. Suika blank curiously. Was this man a teacher? It would make sense; although strong, he exuded a type of nurturing spirit. He was kind, her otherworldly senses confirmed to her prior to their battle, and his presence brought comfort to her. A stranger still, nonetheless, but one she recognized as safe. She wasn't normally so trusting, but the recent and drastic increase in her spiritual senses and growing resolve led her to more of an openness to people.

After a small pause, she asserted herself smoothly. “So, how do you like Konoha, Tatsuo-san?” Her magenta eyes focused up at the clouds as her expression remained collected. “Rather, how does everyone feel about it? Is it worth fighting for?” With an almost distracted and pondered look, she then shifted her stare at the Senju. It was a couple of seconds until she snapped out of her thoughtful spell. “I mean, I guess that sounds a bit intense.” She justified with a half smile. Suika nodded. “I guess I'm just curious. Feel free to answer if you choose - no pressure.” The girl was in a stage in life where she craved to know more about the world around her and seek answers to questions she never had the luxury of having. Her mind was inquisitive, and grew increasingly so as her survivalist-nature slowly diminished.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You've only been a shinobi for nine months..?" he said shaking his head a few times and laughing a bit. "They really are feeding you guys something different, the kids in Leaf seem to be progressing faster than I can even teach them. I wonder why." he shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe this newfound peace was really for the best, since young shinobi have more of a chance to grow and really train before being sent to face the world." He tapped his foot on the ground and thought of the rising threats that were cropping up. Three of his students had already been attacked and he wasn't there to stop it, maybe it was for the best they were getting so strong. He just hoped they wouldn't need it.

Tatsuo was quick to notice her wincing and a worried look grew on his face, "You sure? You don't have to act all tough when surrounded by friends, not tending to your injuries can bite you in the a-- I mean it can hurt you later down the road ya' know?" Tatsuo grew quiet for a moment as she explained how it was fine and all, but he wondered just when did he become such a worry-body. While he always cared about people, he seemed to become more worried about them too. Maybe he was finally growing up, after all he was a Jonin now.

He was understandably caught off by her sudden question about Konoha, his brows furrowed and his face creased as he sat back and thought. He wasn't avoiding her question, more as just trying to think how to answer it. "Well.." Tatsuo had a true love for his homeland, but he felt no more responsible for their welfare than people anywhere. "It is my home, it obviously holds a special place in my heart. It always will, but I feel about it like I do most places. It's filled with good people, good people we're all responsible to help, ya know?" He grinned as she recognized her question as intense and let out a soft laugh in an attempt to ease the tension. "Yeah you're right, but intense questions aren't always bad. Sometimes people get too caught up in the day to day and don't really dig deep." Shaking his head once more, realizing he did just sound like an old man, he was only sixteen and he was talking like he smoked a pipe and had trouble getting in and out of the bathtub. But for some reason it felt right, no one really had these discussions with him growing up. He was a child and for the most part it was just do it because you had to. He promised to never be like that and to treat people, even if they were just three years younger than him, with the equal respect he would his Hokage.

"I think there are lots of things wroth fighting for. I can't speak for everyone but I know I would give my life for anyone one of them. I might not agree with their methods and while I like some more than others, they're all still people. Though.. I guess that doesn't mean much. I'd probably give up my life for a lot of people." He said sounding almost a bit somber on that last bit, despite the overall tone sounding inspiring. "Tell me, Suika, what do you think is worth fighting for?"

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As their conversation progressed, Tatsuo continued to prove his kindheartedness. He was concerned about her health and even referred to her as a friend. Everything in her conditioning told her to to close herself off and go about her day, but her extra-sensory perception, touched by the world beyond, commanded her to stay. She took heed of this inner voice and ignored the usual, cautious one. She was feeling risky today.

As he answered her question and explained his reasoning for loving his home village, the kunoichi tilted her head slightly as she listened intently. His words struck a chord with her, and it reminded her of her small chat with her instructor, Natsu-san, on the matter. He, too, loved the people in his village. That was his motivation to fight for it and, ultimately, continuously risk his life for it. Although this concept was foreign to a survivalist such as Suika, she grew more open to the idea as time progressed and as she grew accustomed to the shinobi lifestyle. She, however, still held on to many uncertainties in that area. This was exposed pretty clearly as the Jounin redirected her question right back at her. The gypsy girl's eyes widened for a second, then relaxed. She didn't expect him to shoot back her query. After a momentary and thoughtful pause, the girl answered as her face remained in a soft, musing state.

“That's a good question, Tatsuo-san...” She averted her eyes from him and stared into nothingness as she reflected. Suika continued. “Prior to arriving in Cloud, I pretty much only lived for myself. I had to for survival.” Life in the gypsy troupe was very difficult for her. She faced many moments in life where she starved, had to fend off creepy, vile men, and even had to take a life. Those were dark memories, but they shaped her into becoming a calloused charlatan. It was a role she was used to, but one she grew wary of when she came to Kumogakure. Through rigorous mind training by Shieo, she learned that she didn't want to become a self-absorbed monster that forsook others for her own well-being. Deep down, she was susceptible to kindness and innocence – she felt protective over people who carried those traits. Suika didn't want to turn into the force that corrupted that.

“Needless to say, I've rethought my path and decided that wasn't enough to keep going. Not in the shitty world we live in.” With that said, what did she fight for? Her loyalty to Cloud, while bound by necessity, was still not completely fortified by a senseless fealty. She craved depth... deep down, she longed for peace. In her heart, she felt she was beyond saving, but others weren't. “I can tell you that I know for sure what I fight for. I can sit here and tell you how Cloud is awesome and I'm willing to lay down my life for it in a second.” The girl then faced him with a truthful, serious expression. “But I won't. I'm still trying to figure it out. All I know is, I cannot stand to see good people suffer. And, with that, I'm willing to lose my soul so they don't.” With a determined gaze, she nodded at the man. “This is all I know.”

In the back of her mind, she wondered why she shared so much with this stranger, which he pretty much was. The information she gave was potentially punishable by death in her village; if anyone found out her shaky resolve, what was to say the village wouldn't reprimand her for feelings of potential disloyalty? Regardless, part of her felt safe as she spoke with him; her instincts told her everything was okay. With that, a weight also lifted from her petite shoulders. Suika now appeared lighter than before.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo listened as Suika spoke of her reasons for fighting and while they differed considerably he grinned at her when she said she explained how she didn't actually hold that do or die attitude about her village. "Ya' know? That's actually fine." he said leaning back into the bench and looking at the setting sun, "Not everyone is the same, but I think you got the wrong point about what I said, it's not just people from my village. It's everyone, each human is capable of producing so much good for the world, you get what I mean? Every person can make you laugh and help you live a better life, sometimes might need a little more work to get it out of them, but it's always there. I'd honestly throw my life on the line for anyone, I understand your upbringing was a bit different but I hope some day you see that in all people." shrugging his shoulders, "Maybe i'm a little too forgiving, huh?" he said looking over at her and laughing at himself.

"I don't know why I feel that way either, i've just always felt responsible for the well-being of everyone. Seeing my friends being hurt is something i'll never forget and it's driven me to get strong enough to prevent any conflicts like that." He could see as Suika became more easy going as the conversations went, everyone held up barriers when meeting strangers. However Tatsuo's openness to the world tended to tear those blocks down. He definitely was an open book. Letting out a deep sigh he leaned over and propped him self up with his hands on his knees. "Sometimes you can't though.. twice I've failed to protect people i've cared deeply about and both times it's driven me to become stronger and help those who can't help themselves. I'm sure in your own village you'll make friends like that, I know that if Hoshi needed me, i'd drop everything in an instant." he said with a nod, wondering if she even knew who that was.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Tatsuo responded to her thoughts and shared his own insight, Suika blank curiously. He was so pure. Did Leaf generally breed shinobi like this? She decided, at that moment, that she wanted to visit someday. “So I'm sure Beelzebub himself has some redeeming qualities to you, hmm?” She joked playfully as she joined in his laughter. Not too under the surface, though, she disagreed. There was nothing good about her former troupe leader, Ringo, and some other shady character she's met along her journey. She refused to believe it. At one point, she tried to hold that optimistic point of view, but it led her down a jaded path. Someone like her couldn't afford to think that way.

“I'd be lying if I said I'm not a bit jealous of you, Tatsuo-san.” She rocked her feet below the bench, clasped her hands on her lap, and looked outward with an almost sad, thoughtful smile. “I wish I could think like you. This world would probably seem a lot more beautiful.” The sun's descending orange rays faded against the duo as stars formed in the sky. Her eyes, although a deep, mystical shade of magenta, glimmered with the sky's twinkling lights.

The man continued to share his philosophy and, with that, his past successes and failures. He wasn't too old, from the looks of him, but it was clear he had quite the past. His strength presented that case clearly. Within his dialogue, he noted a person that rang a familiar bell. Her expression lightened as she perked up. “Oh, Hoshi-san?” she grinned the same competitive one she had when she battled Tatuso prior to this conversation. “I know him. I sparred against him like I did with you. He packed one hell-of-a... palm.” Right, because he was a Hyuuga.

She hopped from her seat as she fell from her mused trance. Her demeanor was fiery again. “He's fighting in the tournament, too, I believe. It should be coming up tomorrow. Wanna go see him together?” Her gesture was lighthearted, but she was following tempo of their meeting. The Leaf shinobi, Tatsuo, was pretty cool. She didn't hanging out some more. “Let's see if he has some of that blazing spirit you mentioned, ay?"<i></i>

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I've got no idea who Beezlebub is, but i'm sure there's something." he said with a shrug and laughing playfully. While there was no way for Tatsuo to know the things Suika experienced he could only hope that she and everyone else would some day find the same peace he did. It made hard decisions easier, he thought, as personal gain was always put behind doing the right thing.

He was a bit caught off guard when she said she was jealous of him and it showed, he perked a brow and let her finish before he said anything. "I've got no idea if that's right, but I think people would hurt others a whole lot less." shrugging as he finished his statement. It was true however, Tatsuo did see the beauty in the small things, it's one way he kept optimistic all the time. While he might not be a literal tree-hugger, despite his bloodline, he did have a great respect for all things. A tree that provided shade was just as useful as a tree that provides lumber. At least to Tatsuo.

While Tatsuo might have seemed a bit older for his age, he barely was a man himself. He had experienced much however in his time as a shinobi and quickly rose to the ranks of Jonin. Nonetheless he sometimes stopped and thought about how silly he sounded at times like these. He really was just a kid trying to work things out, but he found the best way to bring out the best in himself was to help others bring out the best in themselves. So he did that in everything he could, even if it was just a little bit of training and a conversation in some foreign country. His smile grew from ear to ear as she started to talk about Hoshi. "Yeah, i'm not trying to bother him before the fight. I don't want him getting psyched out because word on the street is, he isn't a Jonin yet." Tatsuo winked and laughed once again, "Though he's got a better chance of winning the tournament than I would and you're not wrong about that palm, i've been on the wrong side of that for way too many spars." Instinctively rubbing his side where one palm in particular cracked a rib. "He doesn't know how to relax, it's pretty admirable."

As she got up he let out a yawn, stretching his arms wide. It was starting to get late, as the sun began to dip under the treeline. When invited to watch the tournament with her, he gave a quick nod. "I might bring a few people along, but sure i'd love to, and Hoshi's spirit probably blazes brighter than mine ever could. Hopefully he'll throw the world upside down tomorrow."

Extending his arm for a shake, he looked down to Suika and said "Thanks for training with me, Suika. I'll see you tomorrow at the arena."

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Tatsuo explained his relationship with the Hyuuga to the girl, she grew a warm smile. He sure thought a lot of him! In that moment, too, Suika pondered on a certain thought. “I wonder if I'll find a friend like that? Sounds neat.” Thinking back, she was kind of close to a few people she's met during her stay in Cloud, but she had a ways to go before true in-depth bonds could be formed. Today's encounter with the Leaf shinobi was a great start to that, though.

After sharing laughs and good conversation, the man extended his arm and accepted Suika's request. With a grin, she held out her arm and grasped his hand firmly. “Sounds good, Tatsuo-san! I'll see you and some of your Leaf friends tomorrow.” Her playful expression widened. “And next time, I won't go so easy on you.”

With a wave, the girl was off. A day intended for seclusion became one fueled by a friendly spar and, with that, an unexpected exchange of hearts. The kunoichi was usually pretty skeptical with such encounters, but Tatsuo's presence wiped all that away. As she reflected on today's events, she became increasingly stoked for tomorrow.

[Thread Complete and Topic Left]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo stood up and stretched a bit, he watched Suika walk off after sharing goodbyes. He was happy to make another friend today and he did look forward to watching Hoshi with a small party of people. You know what they say, the more the merrier. Looking down the path back to the city he took a deep sigh and began to make his way towards it. While normally nothing could bother him, he couldn't help but feel a tad nervous for his friend. He really didn't want to see Hoshi lose tomorrow.

After a bit of sulking, he made his way back to the city.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back