Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A days end [Open]

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank

She would press her fingers against her lips, trying to conceal a light yawn. Instinctively a collection of tears beneath her eye, formed during the yawn would be summarily wiped away. This allowed her vision to once again be greeted and basked upon by the light of a setting sun. While the sun itself had possibly an hour or so left before it would begin dipping below the horizon, the spectrum of colors which were visible still made quite the view. Hanako also knew she had the best seat in the village to watch such a moment, as she had positioned herself upon the forehead of one of the Hokage faces. Sitting with her legs closed, her teeth would bite into the last savory bite of the remaining dango. Still chewing, she would glance at the stick which the dango was formerly impaled by before balancing the piece of sharpened wood between her lips. Sure enough while she enjoyed the beginning of the end to a peaceful day, especially after it hadn't been two days since her last mission, it was also a time to mentally reflect.

It was weird, her thoughts that is, which circulated through her mind on two segregated rails driven by different aspects of her life. On one hand she was deeply interested with everyday life in the village and seeing the gleeful faces of it's civilians. She could easily think about the variety of flowers this stall had or question how many kittens the old lady in the Oak District had. There was even the thoughts regarding why her physical appearance could so easily be assumed male, since she lacked ample breast (with what she did have being bound down by bandages). But on the flip side of the same coin she could occupy her mind with the more active side of her realist thoughts. For now though her thoughts would remain segregated with a fine line between them existing as a focus point for herself. Staring out over the villages, she could see every district and even the pedestrian traffic weaving between routes. It was truly wonderful to behold yet her thoughts were not attached to the scenery, in fact is was her ability to do what was being done now that had found a roost.

"There has to be rules that we all fall under..."

A single blink from her left eye would be followed up by a light grip of her chin. Truly it was something worth considering with deciphering the commons of life. For the moment she was wondering about one word and what it would mean on a grand scale concept. That word being simply, Shinobi.

[WC: 445]

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He had placed him behind on the panels of the roof... He had been on and around the place as of late. The places he found himself at right now were the places no one really would figure he had been there... It was nice and silent on this part of the village... Namingly he had placed his behind on the roof of the Hokage place. Not that they were happy with that.

He was muttering without a sound, you could easily saw his mouth move and scratching cheek for a moment. After that, he slowly resorted towards biting down on his lip. This was however soft enough but did leave a mark, wasn't harsh enough to actually draw blood. If someone would look at him you could easily say he was thinking for a moment. He let out soon a rather annoying sound and started to ruffle his own hairs before starting towards the horizon. It was only that moment that he started to look around a bit more. "Eh..." Was a single sound that left him as he had his eyes on a new person. He had raised his head high enough to see someone sitting on that... Which was a rather strange place to sit on... So to see better for himself he went towards the person. "Hmm... Good spot, you can see everything from here.." he muttered once he was at least near or a face further. "Haven't seen you around before." Was his comment, yet his hands were signing the words he had spoken. "Ah..." He looked down at his hands which he placed in the hoody he was carrying.

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It wasn't out of the ordinary for Yukio to be out at this hour frequently making the trip to Hokage rock, however, this time would not be like the rest, Normally it would be as simple as enjoying the view or to ponder on the events of the future, however, the tired eyes of the Hyuuga told another story. With events transpiring between his students and unknown assailants a greater need to watch over those residing in the village had become apparent taking longer shifts over the passing days and nights to ensure the safety of all those under his care.

Though the Captain's vision was somewhat blurred he could spot the two individuals before him taking steps to join them. A loud yawn escaping his lungs followed by a half-hearted attempt to shake off the drowsy sensation. His mind was racing numerous possibilities and solutions crossing with every passing moment on how to deal with the situation keeping Ziren and Soku safe was one thing, attempting to deal with the apparent need to handle the situation on their own was another matter entirely. "Why can't these youngsters just listen when we tell them teamwork is required for any mission or objective." He mutters a sigh of defeat filling the air around him.

Coming to a halt behind them there was a light cough to announce his presence a calm tone following in its wake. "Well I do tend to meet numerous individuals up here however it seems to be happening more frequently as of late, never a bad thing to have some company however so tell me what brings you both up here." Taking a seat in a rather casual manner it would be interesting to see how Izumi had grown as well as see what kind of person the second one was. "Apologies for the late introduction Yukio is the name I go by and who might you be?" Gesturing a hand towards Hanako.

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank

Maybe it was the peaceful serenity of the moment or it could have simply been a bout of absentmindedness but she was approached without noticing it. Caught in debating thoughts and admiration for the view, when Izumi's words were spoken her reality became quickly snapped back into focus. She would jump in shock, being caught off guard before giving Izumi the full attention of her eyesight. Having been simply startled, her reaction was very much a human one and she found her right hand being calmly pressed against her chest as if monitoring just how fast her heart had started to race. "Lucky enough I was not spooked to bad else I may have taken quite the scenic route".<i></i> Her voice tone was low, almost as if she was somewhat shy and her tone was equally low in volume. Could it be she was uncomfortable?

Truth was she was simply shy and being caught off guard had caused her to naturally respond from the deep end of social acceptability. In this case, barely audible speech and the darting gaze away from the person of interest. Taking a deep breath for what could amount to be a few seconds but feeling like minutes, she would recollect herself with some subtle breathing before providing Izumi with a gentler smile. "Oh--um, yeah this place is good for thinking. Something about being able to see the entire village and the forest outskirts..".<i></i> Izumi's next statement made complete sense though, after all with how large the village was in retrospect, being able to know everyone or come in contact with everyone was nigh impossible. Even now, though Izumi looked to be in her age range she equally had never laid eyes on him before. Though quicker than she could respond, her ears twitched with a momentary head swivel over her left shoulder.

It was thanks to Izumi that her attention span had recovered enough to prematurely sense the incoming Yukio. When he introduced himself, Hanako suppressed the instinct to respond to his name with "captain". What held up this response was the fact that Izumi was present (unbeknownst to her Izumi was in the training program). Although she herself was new in the program, the name Yukio was more than understood as he had been one of the three captains she was aware of. Happy to put a face with a name and her response for her name was a two birds with one stone kind of deal. "Amagawa Hanako, a pleasure".<i></i> Certain of the small silence to follow, she took the time to interject and go outside her usual personality by asking a question of her own while they all sat in congregation atop the village view.

"What makes this place so important?"<i></i>

The question was spoken in such a manner with her soft and low voice that both Yukio and Izumi would pick up on the subtle nature of the question. She was not asking what made the village special, she was referring to what made it all so worth while.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
His gaze went over the other for a moment, the other did seem like a male for him... Izumi had his head a little tilted to the side. Wait.... Had he just... did the other... jump scare a little? Or had he mistaken that...
"Hmm?" He had sounded as a reaction to the other when he had talked about a scenic route... Izumi kind of didn't want to know, yet at the time passed along... Curiosity was soon taking hold of his mind... "That sure is..." He said with a soft voice, almost whispering... Yet before this young adult could ask something again, someone else got closer. "Yuu..." He muttered the nickname this male had given the other. He turned his gaze to both of them before towards the horizon. He heard him now. "Just enjoying things now that I still can..." He had told him like this since his eyes weren't getting better and he saw less and less color. He hoped that the other understood what was going on, or at least the subject, but then again it was just a subtle moment that he had dropped.

"Ah-... Hm-hnn. That is true... Izumi Delia, Nice to meet you." He gave a smile towards the other, offered a handshake before sitting down himself. His own build wasn't very muscular build or broad or anything, then again his height didn't help much or his weight. He was a 5foot 1 inch tall and a super lightweight which had caused many people to be off guard. But he wasn't knowing that he was now also one of being fooled.

"For me, it is a feeling of safety... From up here, you can easily oversee what comes and goes... Not to mention... You aren't easily spotted... Many people forget to look up." He eventually even made himself a bit home and sat down again. "How are you-you--... Capt'n?" He hadn't much of a clue which title he should address now that they were in their free time... "heh heh..." with that sound he started to go through his long locks of hair and automatically starting to comb it a little with his fingers.
"But... This place is home... Yes... It has its flaws... But also good things... " He smiled brightly and the next moment he spoke more. "If you want I can take you some time to the Hot baths... Or... Or... The amazing Ramen stand!" he grinned after, it was kind of talking soft and more towards himself how he should offer something.Were all males so why not. Was his thought.
"What do you think about the place?" and so on he places the question further.

[MFT: WC 455]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a rather interesting question Hanako put to them simple on the surface yet ask two different people and get two different answers, it wasn't the first time the Hyuuga had heard those words, however, having a rather similar discussion with Mikasa not too long ago bringing a hand to his chin to ponder a brief moment. "Interesting a fine question and one with many possible answers, for me it is the progress we see on a daily basis things both old and new that change with time. Most learn from past mistakes and use them to make things better in the bigger picture."

Yukio had never been one to shy away from speaking his mind and today would be no different a slight sigh filling the air around him. "Though I do wish more would learn from past mistakes, some of the younger generation around the village have me somewhat concerned....some more so than others." With that statement it allowed him to move fluently onto Izumi's question tilting his head down to the young lad. "Given I've been running around more so than usual keeping everything in check somewhat exhausted I'm afraid, business as usual though if I could ask you both to keep an eye on your fellow Shinobi it would be much appreciated"

Leaning back to lay on the ground there was a moment of tranquility as the Captain looked up to the sky closing his eyes take in the quiet for a split second before speaking once more. "What do I think of leaf? We're going through a time of change things may be somewhat unstable for a while time needed to get settled once more before we move forward, however, this will be a duty shared by all lessening the burden on the individual. As for you two, it's still early days remain focused on your training and keep working towards whatever goal you seek to achieve." Tilting his head up there was the hint of a smile crossing the Hyuuga's features.

Izumi's offer was an interesting one it had been some time since Yukio had gone to simply get ramen with company the last experience being a rather interesting one to say the least, the alternate option of the hot baths being something he'd never personally indulged in. "Ramen would be a good way to forget the events of the last few days, though I have never attempted to go to the hot baths something of a desire not to feel exposed and out in the open."

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank

For a brief moment between their conversation strands of her hair would pick up with the moving breeze. Luckily enough for her and the two around, she sported a short cut so what hair moved with the wind would not pose a problem for either of them. Though she had not known either of them for long, she was readily adamant that they were for the most part decent people. Pushing her knees into her chest, her palms would cuff together along the back of her legs while still keeping one eye focused on the scenery. What words were spoken between Izumi and Yukio were caught with full attention by her ears, subconsciously taking notes of their characters. While Izumi referring to Yukio as captain had caught a momentary glance from her, she would quickly put it in the recess of her thoughts. Afterall, she couldn't for certain say Yukio being a captain was not known to Izumi prior on some personal level attachment to each other. She could not whole-heartedly assume Izumi was with the Anbu branch solely because he knew Yukio's ranking. Though it was a thought that would be left on a low simmer within her mind.

It was with deep appreciation for her question that she was enthused both had taken different approaches to answering. With the obvious difference in age, life experience and ranking she would have been highly disappointed if their views were mirror reflections of one another. It would be Yukio's more voiced opinions and statements that would prompt her first response however, which was solely in the form of a nod while looking towards him. She had some belief in his perception but was left with some questions of her own mentally as she continued to listen. Were there such a need for change that we have to watch out for other shinobi in the village?. If this was the state of the village then it was something which unsettled her stomach slightly. She had reason to believe some questionable persons had been shinobi but never to the point where open observation was suggested.

"We're ants..", said Hanako after a silence between the end of both Izumi and Yukio's responses. Her tone remained low but how she said it was with a voice of complete faith in her viewpoint. As her eyes fell on the village, her imagination would equate their walled in home as something metaphorically paramount to an ant hill. With a gaze over watching the bustling walkways and streets of Konoha filled with the bodies of civilians and shinobi alike she spoke more, "The village is a mound, a home many are born within and a home many will only know. Civilians are the worker ants, far outnumbering we soldier ants though reliant upon us for protection from both domestic and foreign threats. We do what we have to, to protect the mound right? Regardless of what it takes, that is ultimately our job. I mean just like a mound it is subject to being targeted even destroyed....but just like ants we will just rebuild over again."<i></i>

She would blink several times as she spoke, each blink refilling her eye with the melding colors which were produced when the day was making it's slow transition into the night. She was drawn away from deep thought for a moment though at the invite for ramen. While she didn't respond, the girl would have a smile along her lips which she didn't have before. These two were quite the interesting characters, maybe she could get used to her job and forget what it called for if she had such people as friends. Though she did not finish her statement, in her head she had also thought to point out...and like ants there are other mounds to compete with. Mounds who operate under their own right and wrong...

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He had told them what his personal thought was about this place, about the city he called home. at least a part of a home. After he had done so he started to listen towards the others as he had asked that question in return. He noticed how the younger male stayed silent. He tilted his head a little...
"Yeaaah...." He sounded and shifted a little on his spot. "That... does sound like a fair run around... Be glad they ain't playing....hide and seek?" He tried to make it a little air in the place, a lighter density by giving a small joke.

He listened towards Yukio that started to explain what his own thoughts were about the leaf. His eyes narrowed a small moment as he looked towards him...He smiled? Was his thought, he felt like it was rare by the people he held close... It brought him to hold his chin for a moment... nod a couple of times... And many, horrible, idea's were getting in his head how he would be able to get the other laughing sometime... "Alright... He needs to laugh more... Tickle... Jokes... See mistakes... What else..." It was that he got brought back by the word ramen and bath which he had offered a moment ago that he took note of that. "I mean... It would help us all relax a little... And... the hot baths... They have closed door hot baths too..." He said in a small pouty mood, it wasn't long or the other male started to speak. The smile that once sat upon Izumi's face was now serious... Looking towards the small figure-hugging his own legs tightly. "Hmm... Ants..?" He questioned and would listen further. "If that is how you see it... Then you can make many things out of it... Like... We wouldn't be ants but... Bees... then you have a queen... the Hokage in this case... The workers... All the people that work in the city... and then the rest... Those who always stay in the hive you know? Yet ants are also a big family... So... Would you join in ramen? My treat?" With that said he offered out a hand to the other to help him up.

Yukio would, if he knew Izumi good enough, know that he never was this casual around females normally... that was if Yukio knew that the other had been female.

"Hmmm... What kind of flavor Ramen would I be getting... Hey? what about... I pay the ramen and Yukio pay off the bath? Win-win?" He snickered a single moment later about his own idea's. A tease or a taunt wouldn't be that bad... now would it? If he had helped the other up meanwhile he would place his hands on his sides and if that didn't happen he would place them behind his head and hold this big grin on his face.

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was an interesting way to word it but Hanako was correct he wasn't one to judge other on the way they worded things in fact he respected them for it, the ability to voice the mind even in the presence of superiors was a trait he could approve in any he'd cared for previously though only to a certain extent. "You seem to be something of a thinker Hanako a trait of creativity always a good trait. Though you are right we seek to protect our home though thinking on the mind-set we should never let it fall in the first place is always preferable." Tilting his head over to Izumi he raised an eyebrow at the suggestion.

"A bit upfront there aren't we Izumi, Do you forget that for all I am here in good nature I am still a captain of the ANBU branch. My time is not in endless supply and there are many duties that call for my presence especially at this time with the changes occurring we need all higher ups more active than ever." With how open they were being he was blunt on the matter as much as spending time with those within the branch was good for moral and building much needed trust at the same time his day to day life was not so flexible as to allow split decision outings.

"I do apologise that this is the case however there is nothing stopping either of you, to know one another is to build character and to build character is to bring the village closer together as a whole." The final statement brought a smile to his face if anything it was a pleasure to see individuals like the two before him comparing ideals and ideas to relate rather than conflict and only make matters more complicated. A more positive outlook on the future of leaf rather than his usual task of dealing with the issues created relating to the newer members of the branch.

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank

"A hive...interesting"<i></i> The more she conversated with both Yukio and Izumi the more she realized that equating a village to an insect colony was an injustice to the insects. She quickly understood the fault in her prior logic in that unlike humans, these insects rarely ever went outside their organizational structue. In a blunt fashion, she mentally saw how insects like ants and bees were far more superior than humans because of their inability to pursue self-gratification. Pressing her thumb between her lips, Hanako's teeth would pinch against her thumb's nail lightly. Deep in thought she wondered just how well a village could operate if the notion of self-preservation and different moral obligations between it's inhabitants were in effect non-existent. Though these thoughts were deep, they were not the type to be shared at least not now cause of the nature of the discussion. She rather not seem as if their opinions on the matter were being graded on a scale of right and wrong.

Hanako's uncovered eye would drift back towards Yukio as he spoke, her eyebrow ever so slightly perking with keen interest. She was quite fond honestly of how he had read her character so quickly but wondered just how much he possibly could know. Her thoughts, though rampant like everyone elses, were trained to not get in the way of what she had to do. It was a strong sense of loyalty to the village as a shinobi that drove her and a willingness to do whatever was instructed of her that defined her character. To say the least, she was far from an innocent being having had some blood on her hands as any shinobi would. The difference was that subconsciously she enjoyed the actions that caused the blood in the first place. A tiny fragment inside her mind would always wonder if she had simply developed loyalty as an explainable reasoning to justify her serial urges. "In time who knows just how much you will be able to read into my character, Captain."<i></i>

Glancing up, she noticed just how different the sky had become in what seemed like such a short amount of time. Various balls of light now dotted the sky above them as the light from the sun continuously diminished. "The captain has a point you know, a shinobi's priorities should always be first to the village and his position is one of importance as is the branch he's in. At the same time though there is nothing wrong with having a group lunch during a time best for us all, right?"<i></i> She still kept her eye on the stars, whatever thoughts about them intertwined with many other thoughts running laps within her brain. Though she hunched her body up into a ball while observing, she equally did not forget about Izumi's question and would mouth a simple and calm answer to make him aware that she had been fully paying attention to him.

"Tonkotsu Ramen, if I were to have to pick it would be that style over any others. Maybe the bath idea can be done at a later time though, but the ramen is something we could come together on much sooner I would suppose."<i></i> Her head would tilt calmly as a smile formed along her lips while her gaze fell on Izumi. She had no qualms about the bath idea, afterall it was a normal thing for friends or comrades to bond in such ways as a relaxing bathhouse visit. It would be kind of entertaining admittedly to see their reactions to her bodily truth. This thought caused her to laugh within her palm, quelling the urge to giggle in such a feminine way to avoid revealing the truth to soon.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Izumi's thoughts were going to the warm waters already... Having a faint smile on his face as he thought about the warmth... It would be so long ago that he actually had forgotten how and what it looked like, so with his head being supported by the palm of his hand he started to think a little. That was until he heard them talk again.
Izumi lifted his head again and started to listen to Yukio's words. He listened to how he told him off, again, on his mind. He rolled his eyes a bit and watched in front of them, still listening. It was only moments later that he heard the other also talk. Izumi himself would nod upon the end... But from his mind, he knew that Yukio wouldn't be easily purswayed. "Just make sure you do not overwork yourself... Because if a lead falls out due to overwork, stressed or such. What are we below then... Just look after yourself..." He simply commented and wouldn't go into that subject further. He had seen that fact a time too many but that wouldn't happen now anymore.

He offered the ramen stand just once more and hear how the other smaller male talked about it as well. "Hmm... I have yet to try out that style... What is it like..?" He saw him hide behind a palm and was a bit wondering why. He shrugged it off as Izumi thought it wasn't much of importance. "I quite like the Ichiraku Ramen though..." He said and stretched out a little.

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With a sigh escaping his lips it seemed he caved to the logic given by Hanako though a chuckle escaped him at her comment. "I've usually been quite good at judging character though I'm not one to ask questions, people take time to show everything that makes up their personality and that's just something life does to keep things interesting. It would be rather boring knowing everything about a person the moment you speak to them would it not?" Thinking for a moment about where they could go he waved a hand in gesture to the pair seeming to not mind about where they found themselves.

"I do not mind where we go however please bear in mind I am not a walking bank though I will treat you both this time, think of it as thanks for the pleasant company and engaging in conversation with me." Tilting his head over to Izumi there was little into the way of complaint about his workload such things were expected when he accepted the role. "Do not be concerned though I do have little time to myself I do not find myself complaining about it nor will you ever hear such words part from my lips. When you look at the bigger picture if I did any less things would not be running so smoothly."

Tilting his head up to the sky another sigh parted his lips, though his eyes could make out the shape of the stars in the sky it was yet another reminder that he would never see them in the same way as he had in his younger days. It was a fact the Hyuuga had long accepted by now though it had taken time to do so the moments shared with students and peers alike had made it worth it for the most part.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back