Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Good End to a Long Day [Tutor]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Turning the key inside the lock lead to a satisfying clicking noise as Tatsuo pushed his way into the door. His hand reached for a light-switch, flickering it on as he let out a hefty sigh. He wasn't physically tired as much as just mentally, all this politic and bureaucracy never set well with him, he did things because they looked like fun or they were right, not because it was codified in law or paper work permitted him to. But even the most free spirit had to be reigned in occasionally and if dealing with all those things allowed him to train Saito and help foster his young blazing spirit it would be worth it. Looking over his shoulder with a grin, he called to Saito "So how was your first day in Konoha?" Tatsuo went to sit on his bed and began to take off his sandals and his socks, flinching a bit at the smell of his own feet.

They had spent most of the day looking for an apartment or other housing arrangement to no avail finally deciding to retire back to their hotel on the edge of the Oak District, a bustling city center where trade and commerce were abundant. They took a few stops around the village, mostly for Tatsuo to see how much things changed but also to let Saito get a look around. "It's real nice to be sorta home." he said as he finally got his last shoe off, tossing it to the side. Leaning back but using his arms to support him he took a moment to glance around the room. A bedroom with two twin size beds, a small desk with a very uncomfortable looking chair. A book or two tucked away in a bookshelf in the corner next to a large glass sliding door which lead to a balcony overlooking the street. A full sized bathroom next to the door, equipped with everything one would expect a bathroom to have.

Looking to the TV, he bent over grabbing the remote and turning it on with an electric sounding click. There was some boring show about rice harvests in the Mud Country. Tatsuo furrowed his brows before turning it back off. Finally turning his attention back to Saito he stretched and said "I'm thinking tomorrow we can see about you getting into the academy, I personally think you're due to be a Genin so we might have to send a letter or something regarding that but in the mean time you can make some friends and maybe a rival or two if you're lucky." Thinking back to his own time in Cloud, it would've been impossible for him to grow as strong as he did in such a short time period had it not been for Hoshi and Hira who he considered not only his closest friends but some of his fiercest rivals. "It's important for you to find a rival or two, you can only learn so much training on your own."

As he awaited Saito's response he thought just how happy he was to be back in the village. While he held no ill will to Kumogakure, it was nice to be back where he felt like he belonged. Tatsuo was a tree, meant to grow in the forests of the Fire Country he couldn't help but feel stifled after a long time in the frigid enviroment of the Lightning Country. But that wasn't to say he regretted going there, he would've never made the friends he did, Saito included. "Oh and.. I'm glad you were able to come kid, I think we're going to have loads of fun." a huge smile crept on his face. He felt like nothing could tear him down at this moment, while he was usually happy and upbeat, it was definitely in over-drive today.

WC: 643/1500

Samsara Saito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Considering that the only brief periods of sleep the 9-year old got over the past two days was a little on the road to Konoha after a hard tutoring session the day before with Tatsuo, and a little in the Hokage's offices very early that same morning while waiting for the meeting of important people to end, even the presumably indefatigable Saito's energy levels began to see their limits. As Tatsuo asked his question about the boy's first day in Konoha, the boy responded with a yawn. "It was great, sensei! The weather here is so much warmer! It's different but I do like the cold sometimes too you know? But the trees are the best part, they're everywhere! I can see why you wanted to go home, Tree spirit-Sensei!" The child laughed, his smile still bright despite the occasional signs of weariness as he tells Tatsuo his impression of a lot of things he saw today. He continued to talk about these things even while using the bathroom through the closed door, his cheerful voice occasionally punctuated by little and/or big splashes of water. Finished in the bathroom, he washes his hands and exits, without having stopped the tale of his first day in Konoha.

His excitement at being here clearly sustains him as, his light signs of exhaustion obvious to everyone but himself, he still does not sit but only moves a touch more slowly and doesn't quite bounce with all of the energy of a fully-charged Saito. It appears automatic that he would grab one of the books in the hotel room and take it back to his twin bed, where he would lazily leaf through it while listening to Tatsuo. He mainly nodded his head at the things Tatsuo said, paying attention but lacking the spare energy to show any particular sort of attentiveness -- until the older boy mentions the Academy. By the look the child shoots the older boy, one would almost think that the Leaf ninja choked the world's cutest puppy right before his eyes.

"EHHHHHH? The ACADEMY??" That certainly woke the boy up. "Does that mean I'll have to go to classes, Sensei? Sit in a CLASSROOM?" he asked Tatsuo incredulously, his vocal tone transmitting Saito's rarely-seen dismay. He had really hoped he could skip classroom teaching but maybe it was unavoidable at his age. Everyone wanted him to be in a class! But but... the itchies! I'm gonna fall asleep! And they'll punish me! His thoughts momentarily transported back to the temple classrooms, Saito scratched the back of his arm unconsciously.

But I do want to make friends... that's the whole point of the exchange, to make bonds with people... Saito sighed, tiredly struggling to deal with his two conflicting desires as he continues listening to his sensei. He thought of his wonderfully fun day back at the Kumo academy with Ai and Doi. Taking a chance earned him a very fun day with new friends! Now, aside from Tatsuo, his only two friends were very far away. He'd have to make more.

But classes... ugh...

"Is school really the only way, Sensei? Can't there be something else?" The boy pleaded, blue-green eyes big and round as they silently begged Tatsuo for another option.

WC: 548/1500
Post Count 1/5

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo erupted into a roaring fit of laughter, it was unstoppable and didn't seem to end anytime soon. In between gasps for air Tatsuo attempted to offer an apology to Saito but couldn't stop laughing. He fell to his back and grabbed his chest as he continued to laugh. After a few minutes he was finally able to contain himself and took a few deep breaths before sitting back up, looking to Saito. "You really are just like me." he said his face breaking into another grin as if he was going to return to his laughing. Using all of his self control he took a few more deep breaths and finally seemed to be in control. Rubbing his face for a few seconds he shook his head, "You know? I did the same thing, down to begging to not have to go to school when I went along to Cloud. Luckily after enough begging they let me become a Genin and then I was exempt from classes, but you're right. I don't think you'd learn too well in a classroom setting either, so forget about it. I won't ask you to go to the academy, maybe i'll see about holding a Genin exam for you or something, that way we can make it official. I think you're definitely on a Genin level, stronger than I was when I was a Genin. That's for sure."

"I never liked class much either so I really do understand, I just wanted to make it easier for you to make some friends your age. As much as we get along, I feel like you'd get bored talking to someone as old as me all the time. But I think we can go see what's going on in the village, I've heard some stuff about an academy student tournament. Might be too late for you to participate but maybe we can spectate a bit." With a firm nod he brought his hand up to his chin giving it a firm rub in thought. It really was important for Saito to meet people his age and to make connections much like Tatsuo had, the friends he found in Cloud and the Brothers he made in the Blazing Spirit would follow him for a lifetime. Without them his life would be drastically different and Tatsuo was sure that it would not be for the better. "It's not that big of a deal though." he said as he went up to the back of the bed, leaning up against the pillows and crossing his arms. "I'll be honest with you though, Saito, as similar as we are, we are a bit different." he said glancing to the book at his hands. "I never really liked books that much." he said his face turning a pinkish red, "Just not my thing, ya' know? It's good you like them though, i'm sure they have important stuff in them. What are you reading about anyways?" He said trying to peek at the title of the book between Saito's fingers.

WC: 1152

Samsara Saito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When Tatsuo laughed at Saito, the boy thought (and hoped!) for a moment that maybe the whole class thing might've been just a prank, so he laughed too! Not as loudly, of course, and not as long... His slightly nervous laughter tapered off early as the boy waited for his sensei to continue, clinging to the faint possibility that the whole thing was a joke. When Tatsuo had finally become able to speak again, he told the boy that they were very much alike and that Tatsuo reacted to classroom learning in the same manner. At that, Saito had to smile widely. Yeah I bet that's true, Shinrin-sensei doesn't seem like the type who likes to sit still in a classroom. A thought which made him think back to numerous times he had seen Tatsuo sitting still since the two had met: while Saito practiced his shadow transformation jutsu. And when he DOES sit still, his butt grows grass and flowers if he's on the ground! Bet he can't do that sitting in some old Academy chair... Saito giggled at the thought of Tatsuo getting up from a wooden chair and leaving a big bright flower growing there, the laughter bursting out unexpectedly as his sensei talked about a Genin exam as an alternate. YEAH, an exam! Sure! Whatever! "That's it that's it! Gimme the exam, I'll pass it! What do you have to do for it? Whatever it is, I'll make sure my spirit blazes! ANYTHING, Sensei!

"Yeah, I definitely want to make friends, Sensei! And I want to know just how strong I really am!"
Saito says excitedly when Tatsuo talks about him making friends and rivals. "I would love to watch the tournament, can we do that?" The kid seems to be getting pumped again, with the thought of no classes and making friends -- and a TOURNAMENT! -- giving him all sorts of new energy despite the late hour. "I bet I could learn a LOT from watching!"

And then when the topic turns to books and the younger boy's love for reading... well it's almost as though Saito had just woken up and eaten a big fish for breakfast. "My mom taught me how to read while we were in the caves, she was so smart! Hey, Sensei! Sometimes? When I really get into a book? I feel like she's around, watching me from somewhere... just like she used to! She never thought I noticed, but I did," the boy recounted warmly, his body relaxing as he closes the book grabbed from the hotel room's bookshelf and shows the cover to Tatsuo. It's a book about the types of flora and fauna commonly found around the village, titled "Konohagakure Wildlife: A Tourist's Guide." "I just picked it up because I wanted to read something, but it's actually pretty good! I bet you recognize a lot of these trees and things, Shinrin-sensei! See any family members or friends of yours?" the boy jokes as he turns the pages, each one with beautiful pictures of trees, birds, and/or other local wildlife, each accompanied by detailed written descriptions.

WC: 1069
Tutor Post Count: 2/5

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Well, i'll see about giving you a Genin exam, i'm sure you can pass it with ease so maybe I should up the difficulty up a bit." he said with a mischievous grin as he stretched out in the bed and sitting himself up against its back as the two talked. Weird how times change, a short time ago he was speaking to Kaji just like this, about Genin Exams, getting stronger, all of that. A wave of nostalgia hit him and he wondered how his sensei was doing, while Kaji had always been a distant sensei he would always be Tatsuo's mentor, the one who made him into the ninja he is today. He just hoped he could provide half the example that Kaji did, for Saito, he was sure that he could be a powerful and good ninja, just needed the right teacher.

Tatsuo smiled thinking back to his own mother, he was happy to hear that Saito had such a good relationship to his parents. It definitely was a good thing to have, but most shinobi lacked such a strong nuclear family. Tatsuo himself didn't exactly have a great family environment but the memories of his mother will be something that would follow him for the rest of his life. As the conversation moved back to the book he nodded and followed a long, he really never read anything at all but when Saito hopped over to him and began to show him the pictures he nodded along as he scanned the pages quickly in between flips. "Yeah I recognize some of those." after Saito landed on a page with a giant black panther, Tatsuo pointed a finger onto that and exclaimed, "Ya' know? Me and my best friend growing up nearly fought one of those in the Forest of Death, we were out sailing on my bo--" Tatsuo stopped for a moment. "You know what? We should go sailing some day-- but back to my story. We nearly got attacked by one of those, luckily my friend and his dog scared it off. If he didn't? We'd be in some real trouble. This was before I could even do the body switch jutsu!" he let out a chuckle thinking back to that day. He wondered how Akira was, he hadn't seen him since returning to the village so he could only pray he was doing well.

WC: 1652

Samsara Saito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"YEAH, give me what you got, Sensei! I'm ready!" Saito cheered after Tatsuo talked about upping the difficulty. He knew that if he could succeed at a real challenge, his teacher would surely see his spirit blaze! Also, he did want to make friends... he'd have to take some time to go out and find people around his age. Though that likely meant the Academy... the young boy learned through his time in the city with Tatsuo that the library could be found on the Academy campus. It's not like classroom sessions will jump out of nowhere and eat me... he thought to himself as he contemplated what a trip to the Academy could be like, despite a definite and established aversion to classroom study. "I'll figure it out and become Genin for sure!"

Saito's eyes widened as he listened to Tatsuo describe his experience with the panther in the Forest of Death. It looked like such a scary creature, but Sensei and his friend drove it off, younger than Saito's age! "That's so amazing, Sensei! Did it have a loud roar? Did it have big claws like in the pictures? Are they really quiet like small cats? Big, quiet cats would be really scary!" The child asked lots of questions, wanting to know more about the Forest of Death... and about sailing! "I've never been sailing, I think that would be so fun?" the young boy replied, his voice piping up with excitement. He continued, his tone calming, "Actually, to be honest, I've never really seen anything larger than a lake... and from what I understand, it wasn't even a large lake. Have you seen the ocean, Sensei? What's it like? I've seen pictures of sea monsters and they look scary! And strong! Have you ever seen a sea monster, Sensei? Are sea monsters and tree spirits enemies? Does the ocean really have a smell?"

WC = 1385
Post Count = 3/5

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Well, it was quiet, we didn't know it was nearby until much too late. Luckily my friend was an Inuzuka, they're real good at scaring cats." he laughed and shook his head. "Try not to get eaten while you're here though, imagine trying to explain that to the Raikage. And remember what I said, just be careful. I got your back, I really do, but don't force me into anything stupid ya' know?" With his lecturing done he went back to the less serious conversation they were having and listened to Saito's questions and as always tried to answer them to the best of his abilities.

Tatsuo thought back to if he ever went to the ocean, furrowing his brows and rubbing his chin. He had seen rivers and lakes, but never the ocean. "You know what, I haven't. We should go south sometime and see the ocean sometime." he said with a quick grin. "I'm sure there are some real nice beaches and maybe we can fight a sea monster or too! Like a giant squid or something." he said chuckling as he imagined a giant squid attacking the two. He too was curious about the ocean, while he always had loved water and sailing he never actually got to see the ocean. Even when he was in the Lightning Country which, while not surrounded by oceans per-say was surrounded by large bodies of water.

WC: 1890/1500

Samsara Saito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I get it I get it, don't do anything stupid," Saito responds with a grin. Not that he'd tell Tatsuo, but the boy already had it all worked out. Tatsuo would protect him in ways that Saito couldn't protect himself, and Saito would protect Tatsuo by keeping himself out of situations he shouldn't be in. He would have to be smart... but the kid was pretty smart!

"I read books and heard stories about ninja that fought on the ocean, and they stood on the water! Is that true, can ninja fight on water? And on falling rocks? And some can even FLY right Sensei? Let's go to the ocean and have a big adventure! We can both see it for the first time! I bet we'll find all sorts of sea monsters and pirates and buried treasure! We have to fight the storm, Sensei! I know how to tie a bunch of knots, did I ever show you? There once was this crew of sailors that needed healing and so the monks at the Monastery took them in? And one of them taught me a bunch of sailor knots! I could probably rig a mast, you know? I mean, if I practiced! I know which knot to use, at least!" The boy fell back on his bed, bouncing on it for a bit as he thought about the pictures in his favorite books. The ocean looked blue in the books, was it really blue? And was it SALTY? Saito of course asked all of these things to Tatsuo.

"We definitely have to find the ocean! And see if it's salty and blue! And see sea monsters! And pirates!" It was certainly clear the young boy's second wind had begun to exhaust itself, even his endless cheering had begun to flag. He turned over on his bed and looked at Tatsuo with a big, tired smile. "I'm glad we ran into each other, Shinrin-sensei! I like trees... and the ocean, even though I never saw it..." he trails off, still awake but starting to make a bit less sense as his eyelids begin drooping.

WC = 1739
Post Count = 4/5

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo, too, was happy they ran into each other. While Saito was technically Tatsuo's student, he saw him more as a friend than an insubordinate and he was more than happy to teach him everything he knew, however limited that was. He trusted that Saito listened to his advice, but as anyone responsible for another they usually liked to drive the point home. Just in case.

As Saito continued to day dream about the ocean and the adventures they could have Tatsuo imagined them garbed in Pirate uniforms fighting off some bad guys dressed as the navy. He shook his head and laughed a bit, laying back into his bed. It'd seem that even Saito was starting get a bit tired. As he brought his blanket over him, he placed his hands under his head and listened to Saito speak, answering his questions and nodding along to his statements. "Well, if you can make the mast, I can make the boat." he said thinking of when they could go visit the ocean. "How about we go in a couple of weeks? I want to get settled in the village first before leaving so soon, we've got a lot to do here anyways. Don't make any plans for tommorow we're going to go look around for an apartment or something, I doubt you want to share a room with me for the rest of the year." he said before slowly drifting off himself. It wasn't long that his talking was replaced with a soft snoring that would tell Saito he asleep, that's if Saito himself hadn't fallen asleep first.

WC: 2158

Samsara Saito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hah yeah you can make the whole boat! That will make sailing much easier..." the child murmured, continuing to talk while he faded into sleep. "My mom told me once about how she had to fight this sea monster... and she used lightning to... electrify the water. And the sea monster was immune to lightning but the lightning made this trap go off... and it made this... this HUGE boulder fall on the sea monster's head... because it happened in a cave, I forgot that part, it happened in a cave, Shinrin-sensei! Like some sea monster in its lair. But they made a rock fall, the electricity did, it triggered the trap, and... the rock hurt the monster enough... to make it run away..." The boy recited, telling a story his own mother told him one night before bed. She and her team eventually beat the monster and got its treasure, but put their lives on the line doing so... such a good story! "I'll tell you later..."

Fighting sea monsters on the high seas sounded way more fun than apartment hunting. Couldn't Shinrin-sensei just make a house out of wood? Aren't we gonna live in a tree house? the child thought, mental images of living in some big tree house and swinging around on tree branches somehow intermingling now with fighting pirates on the high seas. Squirrels now jumped from mast to mast and a group of pirates fought forest bears protecting their cubs with savage ferocity... his thoughts continued to jumble, turning over blurrily. "That pirate has to... defeat the owl lord... before it's too late to get the apartment..." the boy managed to say before finally succumbing, allowing sleep to overtake him.

WC = 2024
Post Count = 5/5

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back