Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private A great afternoon for introductions.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shizukesa allowed the sound of his footsteps to echo around the corridors of the Hokage office, as he walked past a pretty girl, his hands up and over the back of his head as he was whistling to himself, his eyes glanced over to her, and the contact was made, it seemed that she was not in the mood for the whistling as a hand came out across his face, the sting on his cheek was instant as she walked past him defiant in her posture and with purpose in her step, only muttering to herself as she walked past him without a single second thought.

"Disgusting.."

"Oof he lady, can a man not whistle around here without getting a slap?"

The stinging on his cheek left a red mark, he rubbed it with his hand and pondered if this was just the day he was going to be having, as he moved forward and down one of the off shoots, he walked past a dark office, glancing at the Head Jounin office that was shut down and quiet, to the next room light coming from it, as he grabbed the handle and opened it, his cheeky smile almost infections as he stepped in, his attire pristine as always, shutting the door as he stepped in, introducing himself as a welcomed visitor.

"Good afternoon, Sennin. Nara Shizukesa reporting as instructed by you, though I am not sure what the meeting is about. Also, do the girls in the Hokage Mansion always slap a guy for whistling?"

He half chuckled at the last bit, rubbing his hand through the back of his head as he continued with a grin on his face waiting to hear what this was about.

[Keniwa Requested]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Really this was a topic that Keniwa just needed to get over and done with after the situation with the last head jounin... There was definitely going to be a need for screening when it came to candidates taking positions, most importantly Head Jounin and Jounin. Taking it upon himself when it came to Head Jounin's Keniwa would set up a meeting with several, this was one of the candidates named, Nara Shizukesa would be this one. And Keniwa more than anyone else knew not to judge one's capabilities by their youth, hell most of him and his friends had developed so much in the time to come. Even himself being the most extreme of cases found himself in the Sennin position. This was not the first of this song and dance he had today so he was interested to see what each individual would offer, for now he was only interviewing Jounin.

His office newly redone with now a lot more of orange and black furniture and decorations, alongside hints of red and yellow nicely placed around, it certainly would feel like Keniwa's domain for anyone who entered. And without a knock or anything of the sort, the door would open the dimly lit room as Keniwa would sit with each of his arms resting on the table in front of his chair. "Afternoon Shizukesa, please take a seat here. And uh, I will just forget the last thing you said. You are here as an applicant for the next Head Jounin, as you probably saw walking here, the office is empty. I am not sure if you are aware with the incident, but the last Head Jounin had a mental snap due likely to the many years working in Anbu. As such since I am running this branch I will be interviewing each potential Head jounin before they take such a high and prestigious title. If you do not feel ready for such a responsibility then you are free to leave and continue your days as a Jounin, however if so I have a few questions to ask you, the first being how good are you when it comes to leading?" Not in the mood for any sort of jokes or humour when it came to this, he was certain he was in need of someone who could lead in a fashion not so unfamiliar to him. The main branch needed strength, not violence.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shizukesa bowed his head slightly in response to the Sennin's gesture and allowed himself to take a seat that was offered to him, though since the shift in mood from Keniwa, it was clear that the demeanor of the Nara had changed as well, the more tactical and quiet approach took over as he shifted his demeanor, still open this time showing the reason he had made Jounin, the fun and smiles gone, no this was down to business and he would give the Sennin exactly what he wanted. He allowed himself a few moments to ponder the question that was given to him.

"I have to lead a few squad missions, as well as assist in training, and find myself to be approachable while I do work hard, I understand that having a feeding smile, and a pleasant approach gets you a lot further than trying to have the cold and killer demeanor other branches might take, after all, we as the Main Branch protect the village, but we can be open and welcoming in doing the job, and when it comes to it, then we have the ability to swap to our training, and do what must be done that way, after all a smile and a gesture of friendship gets further. As for my Leadership qualities, I am from the Nara family, I calculate things over and over, look at outcomes, and decide on the best course of action, I also bring this into my teaching methods, and of course I expect the Academy will require time, I would also still like to lead in the field as well when my duties permit, better to keep myself in touch with the world I am sure you will agree?"

He let his statement pause as he looked at the Sennin, not breaking eye contact with his determined face, waiting to see what the next question would be. As he was sure Keniwa would have had his folder on his movements up the Main Branch, as well as the way he completed missions.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He couldn't help but relax himself in front of Shizukesa despite his original somewhat cheeky demeanour he knew when it was time to get down to business, and he could certainly relate to this on a personal level. Despite as of recent he to enjoys having fun when things are casual, though in front of the other Sennin and the Hokage he feels himself he just can't slip up. With quite the respectable military background Keniwa would crack a small smile as he listened to the jounin in front of him speak, nodding along as he did sometimes taking breaks in between to jot a quick note down about something he has heard. "I am glad to hear that you work well when it comes to teaching, the academy needs more Shinobi who are good with the youth. Being one my own I've filled in where I can, however one person can only do so much. You certainly will be still out on the field, but instead of being in a squad you shall be leading one when the time comes you must go out on a mission. Though for now, I will need you to assist me in delegation and duties, main branch needs strong and approachable leadership. I hear the Nara hold high prestige in the leaf clans, and with your track record you are certainly holding that up as of now. Thank you for your hard and devout work for Konoha."

Keniwa however would again drop his smile as he pulled out a draw underneath his desk, reaching inside and taking out a piece of paper with several columns and pillars, the names of the three sub branches of main branch and multiple shinobi's names. "As you know, main branch is split in to several other divisions, Hokage guard, Konoha Security and Journeymen. A lot of members in main branch have not been given a branch, in fact even I had not, so all of them pretty much had been defected to Konoha security. This sub branch is overloaded, so I ask you, what would you do to counteract this problem? I have an idea in mind but I would like to hear what you think."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shizukesa, allowed his smile to come back to his lips, matching the tone and gestures with his own, he was quick to read people a trait that his clan had gotten over time, and reading a situation was half the battle, as he allowed himself to nod listening to the first part of the response being given, it seemed he was treading on the correct ground, but the second part surprised him slightly as he pondered the options and considered the number that had grown inside of the branch, he allowed his hand to come up under his chin and rub it slightly considering all the options.

"The simple task, is sorting people out, that sounds so simple when you say it out loud, but in reality, it is not of course."

He continued to rub his chin for a few moments considering the options that had been laid out in front of him, and what actions would best suit this situation, as he remembered from his teachings and the roles inside of his head he pondered on the best outcomes that he could take, and of course how to get the wanted results with ease. He accumulated himself before speaking again.

"Each branch would need a leader at some point, I think we both know that, but for now we are a bit light on that ground, so as such I would propose the following, the Hokage Guard should be the brightest and best the village can protect the Hokage with, is it the Cypress that is running now, that would give us some candidates to join this guard as well I am sure? That would be my option with that branch, the security, its a dull job but such an important one someone has to do it, though with an eye for defense, for policing, and for being able to resolve a situation with words and not fists, they would be the candidates I would advise for that branch, that said they need to hold their own if anything does happen.....The worst case scenario...."

He let the last part trail out as well, before catching his mind back onto the task, and knowing that the final branch had been left out just briefly but not denying their existence he pulled himself back into the moment with that small pause, less than a few seconds between the words and his new sentence.

"Finally Journeymen, well that goes to anyone who wants to join the branch, I think a meeting with the entire Branch, and see what people want to do with their lives, let them forge their own path as well, this way we sort the branches out, we also put people were they want and feel their skills could be used, and see what we come out with at the end, with only those exceptional few being permitted into the Guard?"

He leaned back on his chair and wondered if the answer was right, it was what his gut was telling him, there was no point forcing people to do a job they disliked.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Keniwa would sit there listening with a blank expression on his face he did nothing else but decide to soak in everything that Shizukesa had said, it seemed that the two matched when it came to quite a few of their ideals and thoughts on main branch. One quality that Keniwa knew was important was kindness, especially in the main branch, the shinobi don't just deal with enemies or opponents, but with saving and helping others, it was just as important as the former and he could not work proudly with someone with no empathy. "I have a few people in mind when it comes to leadership, however they still need a little bit more time until then I believe. What you said about Hokage guard, is true but that is a job that will also take screening similar to something like this. Only shinobi with the best track record should be the ones there to protect him when it matters most, that is what I was wanting to be, however like previously mentioned it never got to that stage. Konoha security is also very important, we need the right people to make the right decisions and especially as a Head jounin, we would need to be on the same wavelength. And it seems we have the same idea, a meeting, with the whole of main branch."

Keniwa would reach out his arm to shake Shizukesa's hand before continuing to speak about how they would continue their operations, "It will be a long day however I'd like for us to get people filed in to branches, it likely will be still a majority in security, however I'd like to delegate quite a few to journeyman, and perhaps even some in to Hokage guard. As for you Shizukesa it only makes sense for you to be the Head Jounin of security, I would not worry about the other branches as much, anything issues that happens with journeyman or Hokage guards bring them to me. But i'd like you to be responsible for sorting out problems and issue for konoha security, as a new Head jounin. In a few days time I will stage a meeting, please send out an announcement to main branch. This will take place in the Kyoujouran Clan estate. Do you accept the position?" Not getting his hopes up to quickly he would wait to see what the man in front of him would say.

[Offering Main branch Head Jounin - Subbranch Konoha security]

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shaking the main branch of Sennin's hand, he allowed the moment of realization to wash over him. Shizukesa leaned back in the chair, it seemed the branch that he had been brought up in would be the one that he was offered, as he pondered for a few moments listening to the words, it was clear that Keniwa was a man of peace more than violence, not a bad standing to have for the Main Branch, after all, they were not the ANBU as he pondered for a few moments, a cheeky grin came across his lips as he looked towards Keniwa.

"I accept Kyoujouran Keniwa, I will make the arrangements for a meeting to take place for the Main Branch, and make sure that all those that are required to attend get the invitation, as for security matters, this may be a darker subject, and you have my apologies already for having to bring it up, I presume the incident with the last Head Jounin, that is a closed file and you have already taken care of it? Just means that it's not something I will look into, and look into matters elsewhere if you don't mind?"

He was gentle with his words and kind in the way he spoke them knowing it would be a delicate subject. He also noted that though it may just be a branch meeting, the students should attend, it would give them the opportunity to at least attend the meeting if they wish, but of course, he would defer to his Sennin on that inversation. And if it was one that he would like to be sent to them as well.

"Do you wish the students wanting a career inside of the Branch to attend as well, maybe good to stand shoulder to shoulder with fully-fledged Shinobi of the village?"

He waited to see what the reply would be to the couple of questions he had asked back.

[Accepted Head Jounin - Konoha Security]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Keniwa would smile happily at the new Head jounin sitting aside from his as he chipperly took the position, he could not put his full trust in him yet, no the Nara's actions would have to display the reasons why he should whole heartedly trust him. But he hoped for the future to shine brightly for each of their careers later on in time, however one thing that was clear is that he knew when it was time to be serious and could easily manage his tone, this certainly impressed the Kyoujouran. Answering pretty calmly in response as he would begin to tidy, away all the files of jounin and the spreadsheet back in to his draws, despite all of the recent comings, the incident had nothing to do with Shizukesa and so there was no need for him to worry. "Yes, everything that happened is taken care of. No need to look in to it."

Giving him a reassuring smile Keniwa would stand up after the Head Jounin's next question thinking to himself for a moment as he walked towards the door and opened it, the brightness of the hallway somewhat lighting the room and the two. "I do not think that is a bad idea whatsoever, In fact it will do good for them to meet their potential future colleagues and rolemodels alike. Now Shizukesa, enough business for today do you not think? How about we go grab some food and get to know each other a bit more?" Offering the Nara to grab some early dinner with him, Keniwa would clutch his stomach before chuckling.

[Topic Left unless stopped]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shizukesa nodded to the words of Keniwa, it seemed that everything was in order and he would be needing to sort things out for the Main Branch meeting though it had to be said he wondered what the outcome of the meeting alone would be. He was interested to see just how far this would take him. Standing up as the main branch Sennin discussed the option to grab some food he pondered and then decided it would be a good way to get to know the Sennin outside of his role and more about the characteristics and who he was now working under.

"Sure sounds good to me, accept my invite, send a runner when you find a place to eat and I will come and meet you for dinner and a few drinks, I am sure you would like to discuss a few more things and get to know me as I the same for you."

With that he gave the Sennin a small bow before turning on his heels and walking to the door, closing it behind him he continued his trip for the day leaving the Hokage mansion and deciding to get himself straight to work and not linger with the meeting, it had been given to him as a task to be carried out, and a task must be completed. If anything the Nara would make sure it was done a lot quicker than was probably expected of him. Leaving with his thoughts for now, the future was changing.

[Dinner Invite Accepted]
[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back