Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Little More Advanced [Tutor]

Miraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Another day, another tutoring session for Raku. He had contacted Hoshi a few days prior to let him know they would be meeting up at the same place once again to continue their work on advanced ninjutsu elements that they had begun to discuss and train the previous time they had managed to meet up and train. Last time Hoshi had figured out he was able to use the Storm advanced element but was only barely able to accomplish anything with it, and had said he would practice them further in order to improve. Raku believed he could do it, it would just take hard work and some time. But today they would have to continue that work. He had brushed up further on advanced elements and would be able to discuss more with Hoshi about possible elements he could try to learn with his current elemental affinities that he had access to.

The last time they were together, the weather had been nice and warming up, but the past few days had seen a slight cold front rolling in, and the air had chilled out a bit. Raku was hoping there wouldn't be any rain today as being out in the cold rain wasn't exactly his idea of a fun time, especially not when he had plans to be outside for this session for a little while. Since it was a little cool out, Raku had decided to put on a long sleeved shirt this morning in order to block the wind from hitting his skin directly on his arms, though of course his face was still subject to the cold air. Since this was becoming more of a regular thing, his schedule was adjusting to these little meetups with Hoshi. He would wake up earlier than normal to get his own training in without being disturbed and then show up to their usual spot and wait for Hoshi to arrive in order to start their training, and hopefully help him progress further.

Raku decided since he was there early that he could work on a little something himself. He had realized he wanted to work on Gravity jutsu himself since he had access to Lightning and Earth affinities, and they could be quite useful for a melee fighter such as himself. The ability to pull or push someone away from yourself in combat was a unique advantage that could certainly turn the tides of battle as it removed the opponents control over themselves and put it into the users hands. Raku realized this could be very beneficial to him, so he wanted to use such jutsu, but would have to work on finding the right balance and right jutsu in order to gain such abilities. Standing in the field next to the river, Raku began casting handseals as he used his Wood jutsu in order to create a pillar of wood, which he than kicked over to remove it's hold on the ground, backing up in order to begin attempting to use gravity element to move the pillar towards himself while he waited for Hoshi.

[517 WC]
<i></i>

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hoshi received message of date and location of the next tutor session with Sensei Raku. Hoshi truly appreciated his commitment as a teacher ever since their mission together. He felt he was really establishing a bond with Raku and learning a lot! Today was the continuation of the advanced element training!

Kumo's weather was a little more chilly than usual, so Shouyu wore an undershirt and a knitted shirt underneath his kimono top, a pair of tightly fitted and insulated hakamas with his apron atop. Quickly Shouyu made his way into the forest.

His hyperactivity was kicking in as he grew excited in anticipation. He had a lot to show, well really only two jutsu, but he was proud f his accomplishments. Shouyu made his way through the town cart wheeling, flipping, wall running to the roof tops and skipping buildings until he was at the forest.

He paused, inhaled the icy Kumo air into his young lungs and exhaled. He dashed into the woods at high speeds starting from the ground. His elevated chakra control in his feet left every leaf untouched almost as he grazed through the labyrinth of nature. Hoshi began to leap from tree base to base and even climb higher up to leap from branch to branch. Every step was smooth, quiet, he always practiced his speed of movement and stealth at all times. Anytime and everytime was training for the young boy.

He grew close to the training ground where Raku was displaying his wood jutsu again except seemingly pulling it himself at will. Shouyu was perplexed and launched himself into the training ground high into the sky where he landed into the river with ease, head low. He rose his head slightly and smirked at Raku.

"Heh, I'm here Raku Sensei! Let's get going! I'm excited about today's lesson!"

Miraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Raku continued to mess around with trying to get a hang of his gravity control when Hoshi showed up for their lesson together. He stopped, letting go of his chakra control and letting the pillar drop to the ground with a thud as a bit of dust was kicked up, spreading through the air while they stood there. Turning towards Hoshi, Raku chuckled a bit. "Oh hey. I was just working on my own advanced element training while I was waiting." Raku said, leaning back, placing his hands in the arch of his back, and pressing forward against his back to crack it and stretch in the same moment. Leaning forward again, he looked down at Hoshi, "Trying to get a hang of the Gravity element. Something you could learn in the future as well since it uses Earth and Lightning." he continued to explain, as he turned away towards the field, and started taking a few steps away just to avoid standing still.

"So first off, I'm curious if you've made any progress on that storm jutsu you were working on last time." he turned back to Hoshi with a raised eyebrow arched upon his face, "If I remember correctly, you said something about mastering two storm jutsu before this session?" A smirk crept slightly across the left side of Raku's face as he was curious if Hoshi's cockiness would be upheld or if he was just full of hot air. He knew Hoshi wasn't just all talk, but sometimes, he liked to talk a little more than he could handle. If Hoshi had learned those two jutsu he planned to learn, it would be a good time for them to move on to learning about the rest of the possible elements he could work towards with the info that Raku had brought along. There were quite a few choices of course, but that would all depend on the type of style Hoshi wished to use. This would end up being a good time to figure out what that would look like for the future.

[346 WC]
<i></i>

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Raku greeted Hoshi with a display of skill, claiming he to was practicing his advanced element. Gravity did seem like a cool element but rather difficult, at least more difficult than his storm jutsu. The change in chakra nature and form itself just appeared complicated, let alone his wood jutsu.

Raku began to stretch and recommend that Hoshi study up on the gravity jutsu. The kid looked away rubbing his chin lightly. Ninjutsu was a bit more complicated for him than taijutsu, and genjutsu, oh you could forget about that. A moment later he would nod at Raku. Raku's stretching made Shouyu so the same, that's when Raku turned back to him and mentioned the before promise from the last training session. Hoshi grinned.

"Oh yeah of course! Well, I've got two down, but I haven't mastered them yet, so I know they could stronger.

Raku had smirked as well sparking the question, Shouyu stretched reaching his arms above his head and leaning left to right. Once he was done he exhaled and spread his feet shoulder width apart. At a moderate pace he performed a mixture of lightning and water hand seals. On the final seal a whistling sound of the correct seals activating the needed chakra could be heard and peak of his chakra levels. Shouyu would leap, twist his torso and perform a roundhouse kick, with his leg trailing a massive arcing slash of pure water and electric energy that surged through the air.

"Hmpf!"

Immediately he began another flurry of seals and kneeled to one knee, slamming his right hand into the ground.

"Storm style! Shielding Tempest!"

Right after a 8 foot of wall of pressurized water shot from the ground, upward. It would form a wall or a shield, reinforced by currents of lightning that could shock opponents making contact with the barrier. Shouyu looked at it and grinned at Raku, then suddenly his wall would collapse into a pool of water moistening the vegetation.

"I still haven't gotten the first one down to a T yet. Maybe because, I don't have a clever name for it?"

He continued to run at his chin.

Miraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Watching in anticipation, Raku's eyes locked with Hoshi's action, viewing his movements as he began to use his new jutsu, seemingly confident in his ability to use his Storm element now after his days of training. His eyes moved upwards as a wall of water began shooting up from the ground, as currents of lightning began to surge through it, creating a wall which one would want to avoid attempting to go through. "Intersting. A defensive wall. I'm definitely interested in your choice of techniques and how they will match your fighting style, but that's something that can be discussed further when we talk about other types of elements as well."

Raku stepped off to the side, walking slowly to his usual tree where he had left a bag laying on the ground with the text's he had brought along with him inside. As he got to the bag, he knelt down beside it, opening it up to grab what was inside. "I don't think a clever name will help very much. Maybe with your confidence in it, but I wouldn't put too much merit it such an act." he said to Hoshi while facing away from him. Taking out the book, he stood up again and turned back towards Hoshi, opening up the book and looking through it.

"So...Advanced Elements..." he said, trailing off slowly as he searched through the book. "So, with Lightning, Earth and Water, you're able to learn quite a few, depending if you have mastered the element, or just have a slight affinity to it." he continued, flipping pages further. "But, we'll talk about all of them involved with those three elements for now, because you can always master the element you need if you only have a minor affinity to it currently." He finally found what he was looking for, as he stopped turning the pages, and began to ran his finger down the page, "So, from Lightning major we have Storm and Gravity, which we've already mentioned. From Earth major we have Wood, which we've also talked about as well as Paper. And from Water major there is also Acid and Crystal, which quite frankly sound pretty scary to deal with." he finished with a chuckle. "Before we talk about the kind of things they do, I wonder what you think of those elements in general?"

[393 WC]
<i></i>

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Raku seemed pleased with Hoshi's performance of the storm style. Hoshi smirked and he too wondered on how to incorporate this style into his combat. He already knew, his key aspect in a fight was defense first. Raku said they would speak on such things later.

He began to walk over to his tree, although Hoshi would remain idle. Raku retrieved a book, that's when Shouyu made his way over. He then remembered that they would study some of the various forms of advanced elements. When Hoshi was in range he would sit cross legged adjacent from Raku. Sensei spoke of a major and minor affinity to base elements, that much he pretty much figured.

"Right!"

Raku went over a small number of elements, one bring mentioned was paper, this intrigued the boy. One could manipulate chakra into paper? He rubbed his chin and continued to ponder about the other elements, acid and crystal, witch would stem from water.

"Crystal would seem like, a defensive style advanced element oppose to acid... Hmm acid seems like it could be difficult to deal with. I assume fire jutsu could make it evaporate but for those who wouldn't specialize in ninjutsu, would have to find a way to limit the opponents use of said element."

Miraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Raku decided to sit down as well, sitting down near Hoshi, as he crossed his legs, and looked through the book more as Hoshi began to speak about what he thought of the elements listed. "You're probably right. They're definitely interesting. I think they all have defensive and offensive techniques, but some of them probably lean more towards defensive or offensive." he mentioned, as he read a bit more.

"So Paper can be used defensively, but mostly out of confusion and dodging, but is mostly used for damage. Wood is mostly used for offensive, defensive techniques but also ways to make it harder for your enemy to to fight you." He said, as he looked through the Earth majored elements, moving down to the Lightning ones next, "From lightning, Storm you already know, and Gravity is mostly used for messing with your opponent, with some defensive and offensive use as well." He finished up that page, turning it to the Water based elements and looked through the general info, "It seems like Crystal is also pretty mixed. You would assume it's mostly defensive, but crystal can also be used for damage by making them sharp. And of course, as you'd expect, Acid is mostly damage. I guess you could consider it defensive if it hinders them from getting near you to avoid the acid, but generally offensive." Raku finished, as he closed the book, putting it back into his bag, and then leaned back on his hands behind him, sitting there comfortably.

"So in general, most of them are able to be used for multiple purposes, so I suppose it depends on which element you think sounds interesting, or maybe you want to focus on one aspect more than another" he mentioned, hoping to help Hoshi think about it. "Of course, don't worry about picking one right now. I'm just trying to give you further information on them for the future. These are good things to think about for the future since you'll probably want to learn more than just Storm one day. But for now you should definitely keep working on Storm since you only know two jutsu so far for it."

[363 WC]
<i></i>

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Raku sat next to the boy and began to go over the book he had. From what Shouyu could understand of his words was, most elements had a fair share of offensive and defensive jutsu. He even further explained that some elements would have a main focal point to focus on. Shouyu recalled all the jutsu he knew, looking up to the sky in thought.

Raku described paper, crystal and acid. Paper seemed even more interesting as Raku detailed its defensive and confusing properties. His eyes lit up about that element. Apparently it was an Earth major element. He would definitely look into learning such an element, of his abilities would allow him too.

"Hmmmm, paper huh?"

Crystal seemed well rounded, supposedly it could be used offensively, when Shouyu figured it would be mostly used to protect. Acid in itself just seemed like someone who wouldn't specialize in close combat, most likely would be a long range battle.

"So, I should look to balance myself out with these elements huh? Paper does seem very interesting, I'll have to look into that one further. So typically, every element will have it fair share of offense, defense, and supporting jutsus huh? Ya know Sensei, I was also reading about something called chakra armors. Would advanced elements have the same properties?"

Shouyu sparked another question, his curiosity getting ahead of him. This lesson even though it was more talking and reading than usual, he never minded studying literature. He was becoming ancy just sitting down, but he would gain control of his hyperactive self and calm down right away. He was itching to put his new wisdoms into work. Although, a rumble in his tummy reminded him that he was hungry.

Miraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Raku smirked as Hoshi seemed to be quite interested in this. Able to control himself and keep himself calm enough to listen and think about these things seriously. "Possibly. It depends on the type of fighter you wish to be. Though you said you were interested in becoming a part of the Kage's Guard, so you'd definitely want to balance yourself in that situation, so you're able to be defensive or offensive whenever needed." Hoshi continued asking about Chakra Armors as well, which were something quite important for a shinobi.

"Chakra armors are definitely very useful. And advanced elements do contain them. Such as the one I have in my wood element, which coats me fully in wood, giving me more defense, and giving me healing properties and other things like making it easier to land attacks due to change in size. Though it sacrifices some movement ability. They're definitely something you'll want to think about." Raku continued, as he began to stand up, and stretch once more, getting ready to wrap this up for the day. "You could definitely create a chakra armor with paper. I would assume it would take on the properties of paper as a whole, giving you offensive and defensive capabilities." He finished up, as he looked down at Hoshi.

"But I think you've got a lot to think about now, so we should probably end this here for today. Give you a chance to think about the kind of fighter you want to be, which we can discuss further next time,
as well as maybe think a bit about those elements. Though it seems like you're leaning a bit towards paper, which would surely by interesting.
" He told the young boy, as he bent down to pick up his bag which contained the books.

"Otherwise, just keep working on what you know and get better and stronger. You're definitely growing at a quick rate." he finished with a chuckle as he began taking steps to leave for the day.

[335 WC; 1954 Total WC, Topic Finished/Left]
<i></i>

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Depends on the fighter you wish to be."

Shouyu thought on what Raku has said. He needed to understand what kind of fighter he was. He understood that he was mostly a defensive fighter, so he should study jutsus to boost his chances. He nodded at Raku's words. Raku advised he be balanced and not one sided.

Right after he spoke more on chakra armors, and that Raku possessed a wooden chakra armor to bolster defenses but apparently limits mobility. He recalled the fire immolation armor which protects against physical contact. Raku went right into paper, stating that the element has its own chakra armor, he looked back at the sky again in thought.

"Hmmm."

Raku then stood, began to stretch and wrap up the class. Hoshi was slow to rise still in thought. Paper, Storm, Gravity. These three elements echoed in The back of his mind. Raku suggested Shouyu continue his training on his own, and decide on his battle capabilities as soon as possible. Hoshi would nod again finally rising to his feet.

Raku had already started to leave the forest. Shouyu just stood there, he said his goodbyes to Raku with a wave. As Raku left, Shouyu stood, completely still and idle. He was lost in thought, today's tutor was different, but it sparked so many thoughts that would dictate his future training. He would stay in the forest, and soon as Raku was out of sight, he would make his way deeper into the forest and find his dojo. Here, Hoshi would begin further training with his Earth style and Storm style jutsu. His training would last until the Kumo sunset, Hoshi would leave tired, sweating and hungry. But he felt that after today. Everything was a lot better.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back