Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private A meal to remember

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maki tries to keep his face impassive as Migoya mentions Mikasa’s feeling let down. His eyes, briefly, snap to Nao and note the look of confusion before moving back to the man he was speaking with. Either Migoya had noticed the shift or was himself simply interested in those around him; he too was now conversing with Nao. To Maki, this was a good time to focus on what he felt was the real concern – Migoya’s partner. Silent, and seemingly unconcerned. And for some reason every single instinct in Maki’s gut told him this one…this one was dangerous.

But his attention was once more dragged to Migoya as he began a speech about why his clan did their deed. Much like Maki himself, Migoya knew when to talk and this was indeed the right moment to begin doing so. And he began by calling Takeshi, and indirectly those who served under him at that time, out on what could only be called their hubris. Part of him wanted to immediately respond, to go on the offensive and defend himself. The rest of him, the part that had grown over the years and learned to accept that he was not the only person in the world; that part of him said to sit down and shut the hell up.

So Maki did so, listening and taking in the words. Even as Migoya was distracted Maki ruminated on the words. But even he couldn’t stop the widening of eyes as Migoya began to suggest going to war. Covert, but war nonetheless. A suggestion that was followed by a not-so veiled threat from the other of the group. As this one hurried to leave Maki felt the pit in his stomach begin to open ever more. It appeared he wasn’t going to have the luxury of a peaceful remainder of his life.

Maki himself rises to follow Yong out the door, hesitating only momentarily as Takeshi bluntly asks Migoya about their part in the recent attack on Konoha. With a breath, he stops hesitating and follows the other with a quick “I think I’m in need of air, memories are…not pleasant.” And thus he brushes out, seeking out Yong and, if finding him, heading his way.

”Evening. I don’t believe we’ve been properly introduced. Tonkon Maki, head of the Isaki clan.” His smile was easy coming, some skills were never lost and the ability to be fully at ease when every nerve screamed danger was one of those. ”Bit heavy talk in there, had to step out. PTSD is a bitch.” He rummages through his pockets before coming free with a flask. Moving his other hand a metal cup would appear, which he fills and takes a shot from. Then looks to the other, motioning the flask his way. ”Would you like some? Brandy from only the finest distilleries.”

"You see, I was present for much of that...situation that led to all of this. Had to join the fight to defend a Sennin. Had to join a fight to stop another person fleeing from killing some people to do so. Had to join so many fights...and now I think I'm fought out. Especially if I have to fight someone from Konoha. Get the shakes...and hear voices. Ever heard voices? Weirdest thing, when your own mind is your enemy."

In truth he was here to keep an eye on this one, and made no move to hide that fact even with his joviality. While he had little doubt his skills in a fight had degraded into nigh uselessness, he did know he could last lost enough to get a warning out to the others if he had to.

(apologies on the wait, IRL is a pain)

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
So much was happening, one left, then someone said things, another left, more things were said and to tell the truth. Nao wasn't following it anymore at all... Yet to continue eating was something that was just a no basically. He was left in a struggle as he was sitting at the dinner table. A part of him wishing he had called in sick. This was way to much for him. 'keijiiiii...' he sounded in his head with a soft and whiney voice. He would love to go back home, sit at home watching something at the Tv hidden under a blanket against keiji and just fall asleep on his shoulder and wake up with him. Yet they were stuck. Stuck at this place and the meeting that was 100% gotten uncomfortable. He knew it was needed, but still.

He was listening to everything and everyone and decided to remain silent and just occasionally sip from his drink. ' alcohol..?' he started to look to the drink as he noticed it contained alcohol. 'Why...'

[Lurking around a little]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was always surprising to Migoya that whenever a group of four or more adults got together, usually over a meal, it turned into a typical family dinner. We had the daddy, Takeshi, who tried to act wise, but really just made crap up, crazy uncle Maki who genuinely wanted people to get along but his own head took him elsewhere, cousin Nao who had no idea what was going on, and Keiji the other crazy uncle that you knew was just plain crazy. Throw in a overstressed wife with an axe to grind, and two ‘guests’ made up of an overly aggressive bully and a painful know-it-all and it was a typical family holiday gathering.

It might be amusing if there wasn't so much at stake.

The subtle changes in each persons heart rate, an ability and boon granted by his bloodline, told Migoya much more than what they were, or even were not, saying. Part of him was somewhat disappointed to see Maki leave, but it was the most tactically sound thing - to stay with the greatest threat to ensure that it was pacified. Of all those in the room, it was Maki that had Migoya concerned - this man was dangerous. When one took a man loyal to a fault to a system, but suffering from that very system, you create a caged tiger. Woe be to the one who opened that cage. A fight between Yong and Maki would be something very impressive indeed, but certainly not something he wanted.

Nao, who Migoya respected simply because he had a genuinely good heart - a very rare thing - felt uncomfortable. A slight raise in his blood pressure indicated that he was… nervous? Concerned? He needn't be - they were more alike than he might like to admit. Looking briefly at the man, Migoya gave him a slight smile, a kind look.

Sthuzakyu Kweijwi… or whoever it was behind the indelicate mastication, from Kumo. That would explain the fact Migoya had not met him. Migoya gave a polite, if not strained smile in response as he looked at a random piece of food fall on the table in front of Keiji. Idiots. They think playing the fool makes others think they are weak. These are the threatening ones, not the braggards. His gaze drifted over to Yuki - Takeshi’s support system it would seem. He did not let his eyes linger on hers, but turned them onto Takeshi as he responded to his long-winded speech.

Once he had finished, Migoya had felt Yong’s inner rage at Takeshi’s words - mind you they were not directly insulting or cruel - it was something else. Normally Yong would have wiped out half the room. His simple action of leaving was indicative of the substantial growth he had made in the service of the queen of the depths, the patience he was developing, like a wave just before it gains enough strength to crash all those before it. A pale hand placed on his nephew's own as he passed was enough to let his nephew know that he understood. Indeed, Migoya’s own inner rage was screaming - Takeshi almost accusing him of not talking? He HAD tried to talk, but had been shut down. Still, the Hokage was correct - that was the past and it was time to move forward. For Migoya to lose his cool here would be a major faux pas - well played Hokage.

“I agree Hokage-sama. We are built on both the glory and mistakes of the past. Discussions, and action, must happen for things to get better”.

It was then that Takeshi asked about Migoya’s involvement in the past attack. Migoya’s face displayed a slight hint of annoyance and being asked this pointed, and very loaded, question. Was he involved in the last attack on Konoha? Migoya presumed that this referred to Kiko’s assassination of a Sennin for the benefit of… others. Certainly, Migoya knew about the attack from Kiko, but that was relayed to him after the fact. The Myakashi agents took their own jobs, and whilst there was a clear hierarchy and reporting process, Migoya had been researching issues around the ruins of Kirigakure and had not been made aware of Kiko’s affiliation with those people in Suna. Indeed, secretly Akkuma’s control over his niece concerned him greatly, and he worried that her loyalties may have shifted to have done so brazen an attack for little reward.

It was at this point the room grew a bit colder, Migoya playing with the crystal stem of his wine glass as his gaze lingered on its darkened contents as it swirled and precariously nudged at the lip of the glass. The feeling would be different and specific to those who were in the room - it could be a feeling of fear for some, of the impending darkness of death. To others it was a cold shiver down their spine. [CRPJ: Touch of the Grave (OOC: if you want to, imagine what it feels like to face your own death - obviously you dont have to!!!]. It was an unwelcome reminder that although Migoya had been pleasant up until now, he was still a very dangerous and unpredictable fellow. Death clung to this enigmatic figure, along with a barely contained sense of self-righteousness and arrogance. Pain had been his mother, revenge his milk, and unlike some he had enjoyed being nurtured by its touch as he had known nothing else.

His words came out cold and velvety, sounding as if they were from another person rather than the ‘happy’ albino that had previously been so gracious. Takeshi had accused him, albeit indirectly, for the actions of another who had been manipulated by a ‘greater threat’. His niece had been a piece on a shogi board that he had not been a part of, and Migoya resented that. He chewed his meat, and his words, slowly, before swallowing them.

“I was not involved in any attack against Konoha”. This was the truth. “Nor was I involved in any… Sunan plot.” True. Well… true’ish’. “The question is - perhaps Suna was involved, just not in the way you think. You must ask yourselves, what benefit does Suna have in destabilising Konoha? Have they been particularly… reticent of late? Sometimes the obvious hand, however obvious it looks within our game of subterfuge, might actually be the truth.”

He stopped, as his crimson eyes stared intensely at the Hokage, the room growing heavy as if the pair would come to blows. Poor Keiji would definitely feel the jovial mood of the meeting had left the building. When his words escaped his lips they were, again, cold.

“Trust me Takeshi-sama. If I were to attack Konoha, I would not need to hide behind Suna.”

Was that a threat? A promise? A lie? Maybe a bit of all of them rolled together into truth. Migoya tapped on the table, as if trying to find the correct words for his next rant.

“You once spoke at me a single phrase, a phrase that still lingers in my heart and mind. It was both condescending and…”. At this point a strange winged rat-like creature, dressed in a black robe, seemed to coalesce on Migoya’s shoulder, as if minute particles of sand or dust formed together rapidly. The creatures robe fluttered in an unseen breeze as it pointed forward, drawing words in the air in front of Migoya out of what appeared to be strange particles. For some reason it stopped Migoya cold.

Conflict. Village. Come.

Migoya would quickly read the words, his sigh audible. “It would seem that the conflict you seem to intentionally ignore is affecting my own village. Forgive my rudeness, but its seems I must be called away to clean up other peoples’ messes. Again. I must thank you for this delicious feast, my commendations to your staff. I trust the information I have provided is useful to you and will aid in future… endeavours. Should you need to contact me… hmm”.

Reaching into his kimono, Migoya would pull out what appeared to be a small ball. Holding it close to his mouth and whispering a jutsu [CRPJ: Corpse Hand], the ‘ball’ would come to life, small puppet-like arms sprouting forth, making it look like some sort of strange spider. It crawled up Migoya’s other shoulder, silently watching the Hokage along with the strange winged rat.

“Attach a note to this, and tell it to find me. I'll get the message”. Stretching out his arm, Migoya let the spider puppet climb down his arm and run over the table towards the Hokage, where it simply curled up into a ball once more.

Speaking to the flying rat on his shoulder, Migoya politely placed his knife and fork on the plate in front of him. “Bari - get Yong. Unfortunately it is time we left this good company”. Migoya rose from the table, offering first Takeshi, then the others a respectful if curt bow, as the rat-creature vanished from sight. Migoya straighted his kimono, adjusting the tanto behind his back before ensuring that all of the objects in front of him were in their rightful place.

“Thank you again for your hospitality Takeshi-sama and Yuki-sama. Know that the tides of war comes to you whether you want it or not. How you respond will show your true mettle. I suggest you learn your jobs well - after all, I remember your words well Hokage".

“Know. Your. Place.”

“Mine is with my village. Remember - message if you wish to take up my offer.”

Giving the leaders of the village a more formal bow, Migoya would walk over towards where Yong had gone, waiting for his nephew before leading himself through the Uchiha home as if he had been there before…

That was better than last time, but they do not know what is coming… WHO is coming. They will ignore my advice and the innocent will pay as usual. Fools.

[OOC: Topic left]
[MFT]
[Thank you all! Great to RP with you after a million years!]

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He was followed outside, he knew he would be. Yong eyes followed the man now walking towards him through the moonlit garden, his hastily rolled cigarette flared brighter as he inhaled deeply. As the man introduced himself Yong would give him a small nod. Waving away the offered shot with a subtle gesture of his hand.

Maki continued to speak, of pain of the past, of memories, of how he had let a killer escape a burst of memory assembled itself into some semblance of order...

"I remember you now..."

The tip of the cigarette flared once more with his paused inhalation, his eyes looking deeply into the once great man now standing shell shocked before him.

"Just like that day Lord Maki you run in the wrong direction... Kenshin's life was never in danger... And you rushing to his defence let a killer escape... Ironic."

Yong shook his head slowly.

"Do you want to know why we are really here Maki? The real reason two such as us would risk our lives to return to this godforsaken place?"

He took another drag, the smoke slowly curling away into the quickly cooling night air before he continued to speak.

"Migoya thought he could save you all... He was wrong."

Yong let the words sink in for a moment, his eyes locked with Maki's, they would look sincere.

"Though he hid it well I think Migoya's heart broke when he saw Takeshi's face at the gates bearing a title now meant for another for he knew, just as I did, that any hope for Konoha was lost with Asuka... You are loosing this war and your Hokage wastes time with this... Foolishness! Would you follow him again... Despite the costs of the past... Follow him to the death of all you hold close to you?

For my part in your suffering I am sorry... But know this, the flames that have scorched you to a husk of what you once were will be a dim candle compared to the raging inferno that is coming for you from the west! Konoha will cry out in anguish before the end and none shall reach for you in your isolation... Konoha will die alone... Your Hokage has seen to that..."

Just as he was taking a final drag on his now dwindling cigarette Yong heard the quick approach of another. Migoya approached the pair quickly, Yong could see the cold expression on his face as he approached it was all the indication he needed to know that it was time to leave.

"It would appear the dinner party is over..."

Yong would turn to Maki once more, speaking his final words to the man with a gravitas unused untill now.

"Think on my words Lord Maki... You enemy has already taken first blood... Did you even know? Or has the Hokage kept that secret from you too?"

Yong turned away, quickly following to catch up with the departing Migoya and away from the forsaken mansion left behind them.

[Ooc: Thanks for the RP people :)
Topic Left with Migoya]

Last edited:

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Life. Life has more to give, and more to earn than killing, and killing for no reason. Killing means someone loses, a loved one gone, a childless mother, or a child suddenly orphaned. While their reasons for being is that of weapons at the start of a Shinobi's career it doesn't mean they have to remain such throughout their entire lives. As the tip and edge sharpens of their capability, their abilities to give increases as well. A Santaru is a perfect emissary to villages struggling with crops, Aburame are perfect for helping to find missing people within forests, utilizig their insects, in the Village of the Wind, the Sunaku Clan is practically essential to effectively utilize their sand structures, The Yuki clans are amazing in practically any appliction, Both Hyuuga and Uchiha are perfect surgeons, and the Tsuchimikado are ideal diplomats and politicians with their ties to spiritual energies reading a person's intentions usually come easy for them if they're not trained in Chakra like the majority of people.

If the Shinobi wanted, they could so easily pool together their resources and abilities and build a utopia. But no, the Shinobi of these last few generations are too focused on their own little slice of the cake, their cooperation skills are minimal, and then we have those who continues to warmonger and maintain that their only purpose in life is killing, and if there's no one to kill, they make sure to create situations where they can kill instead.

Knowing this, and enjoying the meal, respecting Migoya's presence and utterances, he could clearly see where in this spectrum of individuals he sat. While Migoya in this case seemed clear minded it was obvious based on what he was saying his true goals weren't quite daffodils and ponies in green fields.

He opted to try and ignore it, as he stuffed his face with another delicacy trying to fill the empty void Nao's little tangent earlier in the day had left, realizing this feeling, his eyes darted to Nao, seeing his little love of his life sulking, with a cup in his hands, lowering it after a sip, he could clearly see the skin around his cheeks reddening. "Oh dear.. Alchohol.. I'm gonna have to escort him home soon it seems... Wouldn't want any accidents As he made this conclusion in his mind he noticed Migoya was leaving the room, following along after Yong to leave the party.

"Ah, looks like things are dying down it seems.. Goody He took another bite to devour and then lightly slapped his hands together to wipe away any sticky residue from the food on his hands indicating he was done eating and happily sat with a full stomach. Turning to Takeshi and the others after Migoya had properly left with Yong, then muttering mostly to himself he said "Well that was interesting.. loud enough the ones around the table heard him, but still in a condescending manner to the end result of the dining experience.

With one of his legs he stretched underneath the table and prodded Nao's foot, trying to get his attention, looking at Nao with a warm look and a hint of a smile, his eyes darted towards the door in a manner to ask without speaking if he wanted to leave and go home to their blankets and sleep through whatever emotions they were both going through at this point.

[Apologies for the delay again, life is a struggle.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back