Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A New Beginning [open]

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The kunoichi felt a flash of guilt as he reminded her of her false reply. She'd defnitely not repeat that mistake again. First thing tommorow, she would be taking a trip down to the hospital to get this checked out. "I understand." Soku hoped at least one person in this village could figure out exactly the problem that was afflicting her. At last, perhaps she'd be free of the curse that had befallen her and haunted her because of some kind soul that had decided to stop by on this evening. What if Yukio hadn't stopped by.. She pushed that thought out of the mind. Too much negativity was not healthy for the mind and she wanted to stay energized throughout this process.

The Hyuuga offered her the chance at working with her, training her to simplify her transition into the corps. Soku glanced at him for a while as she pondered the offer he had just made. Although neither of them was unsure if training would dispell or worsen this condition, Soku had to try. The ANBU had to take risks everyday and she was no different. The girl was putting her confidence and trust in Yukio despite only meeting him today. She hoped he had a plan of action. Even if this does not yield any results, at least I know there's someone I can rely on in this village."

He was the first true person she had spoken to without being turned away. Soku felt like she'd created a bond here and working as a shinobi, bonds were important. There was no sense of isolation in the life of a shinobi, teamwork was a key essential and to have comrades you can rely on. This Hyuuga standing in front of her, a stranger at first but now a source of hope for her. It was strange how fate could create connections in the most random ways.

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed the young Kunoichi understood the words spoke by the Hyuuga the fact of the matter was sooner rather than later was always going to be better for both herself and the village as a whole. There wasn't time for hesitation or doubt such things could be fatal given enough time to grow becoming hesitation and idleness preventing progress from being made however that didn't seem like it would be a problem here. "Good to hear at least now you might get a lead or at least something to work with for the future."

A lead was always a good starting point and should one appear then it would help those around her too for Yukio it would give a point of reference on her training and what would help the most something at this point in time was a mystery though her comment brought a smile to his face, a kind smile and one rather accepting of her condition. "It's a shame that has not been the case up too now however I can assure you that can change with time" The ANBU branch was usually quite accepting of its members though he hadn't seen her around much so in such a case she may have been like him someone who didn't meet his fellow branch members until much later on.

For a moment there was a pause in his words as if going through scenarios in his head or at least making the attempt to before speaking once more. "As for your training what kind of Shinobi do you see yourself as if we start there then I can make a start point for us in making you a stronger member of the ANBU branch" it was a good question up until now he had no idea what she could do or what her fighting style was and nothing could be done before that information was gained.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
In resoonse, Soku took out that kunai of hers and gripped it fiercely. The ANBU wondered for a moment what she was doing. Suddenly, there was a crackling sound almost like electricty and lighting chakra was flowing throughout the triple bladed weapon. She swung it with ease nearly electrocuting Yukios hair in the process. "I am mostly a Lightning Style user. I also use a variety of weapon techniques as needed." When she fought, Soku relied mostly on speed and accuracy. Quick and deadly, that was her style of combat. "This kunai is very special to me. It conducts lightning very well unlike the regular kunais."

Soku threw the kunai at a tree trunk and the bolts ripped through the branches cutting them clean off. The tree was now a mess of charred tree bark and broken pieces of twigs. The kunoichi had a very brutal nature when it came to fighting and she was no stranger to shinobi combat. She had witnessed her own parents murdered. Perhaps that was why she was so cold when in combat. The girl picked up her kunai and pocketed it dusting off her palms which were a bit charred from infusing chakra. That technique was no easy one but she had to make an impression on Yukio and that would do the trick, she hoped.

His eyes drifted from her kunai to the remains of the trees as he contemplated the series of events that had just occurred. The AiT took a few breaths to calm her chakra which had reacted rapidly after feeling the adrenaline rush after her demonstration. "So, what do you think?"

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A lightning user something Yukio was rather familiar with after training and fighting with Suyashi though the swing towards him was not too appreciated being met with an arcing beam of chakra from the Hyuuga's palm "Please take care with such demonstrations were not exactly in the most open of spaces, safe to say there's only so much damage I can really explain away." Though the points was made the facts were he knew how she would fight having seen the style before at least to some degree.

The next step would be the local plant life it seemed not turning his head to watch the tree explode instead focusing heavily on the flow of chakra moving through the young ANBU's body the way it moved and reacted to her form of combat and taking mental notes before nodding slowly. "I see these are jutsu I have some experience with though I do not call Ninjutsu my forte, when dealing with such things the best example is to show it scaled up to a higher level." With that he stepped out into an open space bringing his hands together performing a sequence of Handseals in rapid succession.

it wasn't as if a grand display was required but in perspective it would show her what training and perseverance could achieve if given enough time pointing his arm up once complete uttering a few words. "Gigavolt cannon" a bright column of electricity was released skyward stray sparks and jolts striking the ground around him if anything Yukio felt sorry for those trying to sleep but in hindsight this was for the greater good. "You have potential now its simply a matter of bringing it to the surface always remember however there is no rush and such a process takes time the only thing that could hold you back is yourself. Your willpower to learn will be your greatest asset."

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Soku could only watch as the Hyuuga weaved hand signs at incredible speed and produced a Lightning Style technique that nearly took her off balance. She was seriously out of her league here. After all, he was a ANBU senior shinobi and they were not to be taken lightly. The jutsu he performed did not faze him a bit while Soku stared not believing a single man was capable of this power. "That was...refreshing. Seriously amazing." She wondered what sort of training he had to endure to get to such heights. The kunoichi was in awe at the ANBU's power and wanted more than ever for him to instruct her.

There were lights flickering on as the villagers peered out to observe what the commotion was. Upon realizing and recognizing the girls face, there were a few dark expressions and slurs thrown her way before they retreated back into their homes. Soku stood their motionless as she bore the brunt of the insults. "Go home, monster!""Save yourself, Yukio! She' killed her own father!" The lights flickered off and the doors shut as the people retreated into their residences disgusted a shinobi would associate themselves with such a monster.

"They're...talking about me..." She had a sad smile on her face as the words hit her one by one. This is what her life in the village was like and despite her attempts at acceptance, the horrors of that night still hung over her and the villagers made sure to remind her of it. Soku Nasaki, the girl who murdered her own father in a senseless act of revenge.

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Exhaling Yukio stretched safe to say the day had been a long one and though the jutsu took little effort to achieve everything took its toll in one way or another but it appeared the Kunoichi had taken the display quite well as he placed his hands back into the pocket of his jeans. "It can seem impressive yes however I am no master at lightning jutsu there are those with greater skill than I in its practice, with time you can achieve this however it will be a long process and one that takes dedication."

His what could only be called teaching was quickly interrupted by the shouting of those woken by the Jutsu tilting his head back to give a swift glare eyes narrowing for a split second before muttering. "As if they know what the life of a Shinobi is like in the safety of their homes." a sigh was the first thing to escape him after that scratching his head the Hyuuga stepped back into the hut finding a place to sit before gesturing to the AiT to join him.

A moment of silence followed the Hyuuga taking a moment to ponder what had been said. "Well their shouting didn't exactly tell me much I would like to assume there was more too it than simple you killed him, that usually tends to be the case when people simple shout what's on their mind you never hear the full story." Though he inquired about it his tone was not judgemental nor angry yet strangely calm and understanding leaning forward into a more comfortable position. "The full story or at least some of it would make things easier and may clear some of this up."

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Soku took a seat next to him as she reflected on that night so many years ago. The kunoichi had never told anyone this fearful for what they might think of her. She decided to entrust this information to Yukio, after all he had sacrificed so much time and energy into helping her. It was only fitting she repay him in some manner. "Well, they were not wrong. My father's death was indeed because of me. He sacrificed my mother in some crazed experiment procedure and in a fit of rage, I stuck this kunai through his chest." She held up the triple bladed kunai which gleamed giving it a sense of danger. Soku let out a small sigh before continuing. "Because of this, the people shun me. He was a well respected man among the villagers." She didn't understand what was there to respect about a man who did human experimentations and she didn't want to find out.

The girl kept twirling the kunai around her hand as she mulled over those thoughts. Soku didn't know what Yukio was thinking right now. Maybe he was horrified now that he had heard the story, or maybe he would continue to help her despite her actions which were also highly illegal but no one had bothered to report her to the Police Force fearful of her brutal personality. "Do you think what I did was right, Yukio?" Soku knew the common answer would be that she was a crazy murderer but Yukio was not a common man. He was a ANBU, a Leaf official with years of experience.

"I just wanted my mother back. To be a regular family again but my dad took that away from me." Her eyes tore up as the nightmare begin to relive itself in her head as she talked about it. She could hear her mother's crys for help. "Please, no! Stop it!! Her father's laugh echoed in her head as the needle drove deep into her arm full of clear black liquid. Soku shook her head clear it. "Sorry. I was reflecting."

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Listening to her story it appeared Yukio's intuition had struck home few would sit down to listen to her story after hearing the summery and with no family that he knew of to support what she had to say there was little chance any without the will to listen would believe her, a lonely life, those were the words that passed through the Hyuuga's mind. "You did what you did because you had no choice. A mother lost and a father betrayed you not something a person as young as you must have been can easily deal with and since most don't listen you can't get them to understand what happened you've been through this ever since. Did i get that about right?"

His head tilted in Soku's direction a look of sympathy in his eyes but not pity such things had no place in this form of conversation. "I somewhat know how you feel i lost my parents when i was young as well and never had the chance to save them. I was too young and naive to realize what i could do and still curse myself even today about being able to do nothing." A short pause followed those words as he seemed to sink towards to floor reliving the moment in his mind.

"Use that loss as a way to move forward don't let yourself get caught up in what could have been or how it has effected you to this point instead look to the future and how your experiences can teach you about what's right or wrong." Yukio seemed to drift for some time trapped in his own memories of what happened and not quite elaborating on any details a deep breath being the only sigh he was still present in reality.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Soku nodded a little. Yukio had hit it right on the nail and was the first person who who actually related to her. He was sympathizing with her and reflecting, it seemed from his expression. He snapped back to reality as Soku spoke. "Yes. I've been haunted by that day ever since then. You're the first person to understand why it happened." Yukio and her were alike in a few ways, both were of the branch, parents lost at a young age. She felt a deep connection with the older shinobi and his calm demeanor.

The kunoichi glanced out the window at the tall apartment buildings and structures of the Maple District looming over them in the dark sky. "Perhaps you knew him...he was popular among the people until I put an end to that with much regret." The Hyuuga gave her meaningful words and she listened attentively already feeling a bond with the man.

The way he worded it was interesting. Use the loss to move forward, he said. She'd never thought of it in that way but it could prove fruitful. Although that was easier said than done. Soku twirled the kunai one last time before pocketing it. She'd used the kunai to kill before and now she'd use it to treasure her lossess, sort of like a good luck charm.

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yukio remained silent for a few moments listening to what she had to say and it came as a surprise he was the first to understand her story the fact any that had heard it had not taken the time to inquire further was somewhat annoying to the Hyuuga seeing as the first step to understanding was inquiry. "It's both surprising and concerning that this has turned out to be the case but there is little that can be done about the past as i have said we must now look to the future." Rising to his feet he turned to face the Kunoichi placing his hands in his pockets.

"I cannot say i knew the man then again i didn't enter the village at large until my later teen years, but that is i story for another time for now all i need to know is can you move forward from all this and take my offer to make yourself better and stronger than you are now?" A serious expression had glazed over the ANBU's features it was clear this was a direct and genuine question one that required thought before an answer was given.

Another pause another moment of silence as his eyes locked on the AiT "Can you bring yourself to see the training through to the end no matter what might happen?" The green hue of his eyes lit in those few seconds as if looking right through her analyzing and cold for the first time since their meeting watching her expression to see if the response would be genuine or covered up in a moment of hesitation.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Soku glanced up at the ANBU as he stood. The time for reflecting was over, now to get to work. She nodded, maybe he could teach her a thing or two. "I'm ready. Ready to move on."The kunoichi rose as well, the floorboards creaking under their weight. His eyes gleamed as Yukio watched her, perhaps thinking where to start with the young girl. She tied her hair up in a bun like she always did when training indicating she was all set to go. "Where do we start?"

She could feel the atmosphere change in the room, both of them seriously intent on a single purpose. Sokus eyes lost their friendly gleam and took on the expression of someone harsh and unwelcoming. The Hyuuga didn't seem fazed by this at all, not that she expected him to be. There was a dead silence in the room and the only noise made was the creaking of their feet and the sound of the door swinging open and shut in a loop due to the howl of the night breeze.

The kunoichi shut her eyes for a moment, to focus and control herself knowing full well the senior ANBU could probably beat her blindfolded. He stood there unmoving, motionless watching as she readied herself for an lesson that would be amusing, at least it would to Yukio, to Soku, it would contain pain and only her willpower would see her through this. At last, she spoke. "Let's begin."

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She seemed to have the will to learn in a way it reminded Yukio of how he used to be wishing he could learn more about his powers and wondering what the branch could teach him on a day to day basis. "Seems you are eager to learn however take a moment to breath for its late. As for how we should begin i'll prepare something in the ANBU branch for you as well as lessons for the future. Do not get me wrong however this will not be a quick or easy process for you."

Crossing his arms there was a moment of contemplation with each student came a completely different way of teaching working on strengths and weaknesses and Soku would be no different. "For now i need to know what you think are your weak points. Not everything begins with learning new Jutsu and amazing moves to outplay your opponent sometimes you have to begins from the basics and that starts now" leaning against one of the walls of the hut it seemed this would be an interesting night and nothing like what he expected.

"How about we make things interesting however, i want you to do a series of Jutsu while you do the explanation at least then you haven't prepared yourself for no reason and i can see how your charka changes with the Byakugan" Though he wasn't one to have expectations he hoped she could do something to give him some idea where to begin and how far into training she was as an AiT. It had been some time since the ANBU had trained anyone other than his own team and they seemed to progress at some rate though he looked forward to training another.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The kunoichi saw sense in his words and nodded. She wasn't foolish, every shinobi must start from the basics before improving on their skills. Yukio had implemented a interesting proposition and she liked challenges. Soku already knew what her weakness was, genjutsu. Genjutsu and she had a short temper as her former Academy teachers would probably say. "I like you more than my Academy instructors already." Unlike them, Yukio wasn't bland and monotone, she shuddered at the thought.

"Alright, I'm starting now." Soku wove some simple hand signs and balled her hands into a fist. This was a technique she had used often and was comfortable with it. The chakra flowed easily to her fist collecting up and swirling ariund. The girl nodded once confident in her chakra control then slowly opened her palm. The mass of lightning chakra was swirling around shaped like a orb that did not look like you want to get hit by. "This jutsu I've practiced since childhood. It is very special to me. Although ninjutsu is my speciality, I'm a dud at fending off Genjutsu."

She wasn't any good at casting it either. Unlike for many others, when she performed the Release sjgn, the Genjutsu would not lift and she'd keep at it until the jutsu would be lifted by the caster or someone else although in a combat situation, that could be dangerous."The Release sign just doesn't have any effect no matter how many times you do it and I eventually end up getting frustrated which would be my other con, I have a short temper." She said all this while minting that lightning style orb of hers in a open palm urging to slam it into a solid object, to feel the satisfying crunch. The kunoichi had
experience with weapons too but she didn't want to overwhelm the Hyuuga or make it sound like she was bragging so she kept it simple.

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He chuckled at her comment strangely enough he tutored the younger students at the academy from time to time making it a rather humorous gesture. "Well I do find myself to be rather direct in my methods of teaching though it doesn't work for everyone." It was a fact everyone taught in their own way some preferring classroom based sessions while people like himself were much more open to practical exercises to test the limits of students and see where improvements had to be made.

As he observed her movements there was no movement from the Hyuuga not even a flinch watching the flow of chakra whole leaving his hearing to pick up anything given in the ANBU's direction eventually bringing his hand to his chin. "Covering the weakness against Genjutsu will be one of the first things to cover then, as well as increasing the power of your Ninjutsu and Taijutsu to give you more options further down the line." Pushing himself off the wall Yukio formed a series of handseals shards of glass forming in the air around him.

There was no malice or hate in his eyes only interest in what was to come next. "A Shinobi must also be prepared for the unexpected sudden changes in the environment happen often and are not going to wait for you to be able to react." From time to time at almost random intervals one of the shards would shoot in the Kunoichi's direction some untargeted others aimed almost directly at her. It was a new method he had not yet attempted though not having to sit in the classroom and give this lecture was a much more satisfying process giving both student and teacher a more interesting experience from the lesson and overall giving the Hyuuga a better idea as to the limits of Soku in that moment in time.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Soku was nearly caught off guard as the shards randomly flew at her She evaded them with barely but there was no pattern to their attack, it was completely random. This wasn't genjutsu as far as she was concerned but a type of ninjutsu. She knew the ANBU probably had more tricks up his sleeve as it continued to rain shards. One mistep and she would be on the wrong end of a glass shard. "I like the challenge." The girl feinted a movement to the left causing a glass piece to shoot out then leaped back, leaving the shard quivering in the wood floor. She had liked these floorboards.

The shinobi watched as Soku weaved through the obstacles, her movements fluid, her bright green pupils scanning for the next danger. The girl never stayed in one spot too long, constantly moving. The kunoichi couldn't believe this ANBU'S chakra control. He manipulated it so easily. It was like comparing a bug with a tree and she was the bug.

She was tiring now and wasn't sure how much longer this would take place. The glass shards kept flying at her in random order as she attempted to ward off the jutsu. She had a very close call with one with a huge error in judgement resulting in it taking off a piece of her hair. "It'll grow back." The girl panted in short quick breaths, how much longer this was going to go on, until Yukio was satisfied or she passed out from fatigue.

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Hyuuga's digits moves like a conductor at a concert guiding the orchestra of shards through the air even closing his eyes for a moment simply listening to the sounds of the students footsteps the light whistle of the shards as they spun through the air before snapping his fingers the shards disintegrating into thin air before waving his hand. "That's enough I have seen what I need to." It was a simple statement but he hoped she wasn't so enthusiastic that she was beyond simple words.

There was a moment of pause as he wondered what the next simplest step would be before tilting his head up to the sky, Some time had passed and Yukio couldn't help but think how long he had spent with the AiT safe to say the time was ticking by at some pace as he looked back into the hut gesturing. "I think its about time you get some sleep however, the hour is late and my job will call me away soon. Think on what I have said this night however and meet me when you are able being of the same branch you can contact me via letter and I shall summon you when training is to continue."

With he waited for the moment she would fall asleep not able to leave someone with her condition out in the open for someone to stumble across at inopportune moment safe to say she had already passed out once and Yukio preferred she not do so again in what could quickly become a very public place.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The shards faded and the endless rain of glass finally stopped. Soku breathed a sigh of relief at the conclusion of the jutsu. They had practiced quite a while and it was completely pitch black now. She could barely make out Yukio ' s face. The girl looked regretfully at where one of the projectiles had sheared off a part of her hair. "I liked it long, oh well, small price to pay." The girl wiped a few beads of sweat off her face as they trickled down in large quantities. She was fatigued, both physically and mentally and the mention of sleep sounded like a good option to her.

"Thank you...thank you for everything, Yukio-san. You've helped me find my way in this village." The kunoichi put a hand to her mouth to cover her yawn as it escaped her. Slumber was beginning to overtake her. The ANBU it seemed would not be content with leaving until she was inside and resting. She gave a tired smile and raised a hand in farewell as she turned go inside pushing open the door with a creak.

Inside, the girl blew out the dim torches that lit the hut flooding the place in blackness. It had been a long night and a eventful one at that. Who would have thought she'd run into Yukio Hyuuga, the man who changed how she viewed the world in a random alleyway in broad daylight. Life was full of surprises. Her eyes slowly shut as blackness befell her and before long, was asleep murmuring something in her sleep.
"Mother...I met a man today. It seems this village has some good people in it. Before long, she fell silent and the only thing that could be heard was the critters of the night and the Hyuuga as he prepared to exit, content with her state.
[Topic Left unless stopped]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Content knowing she was safe inside the hut Yukio turned to walk back down the street with the night falling his patrol began once more the only visible thing being the two green orbs of his eyes illuminating the dark in front of him a short pause to wonder about the events that had transpired that day. It was a unique experience to meet someone who was so much like himself no parents and no real home to call their own.

A flood of thoughts came into the Hyuuga's mind in the moments to come most revolving around what to do for her next the expertise in lightning being something to work on however like all his other students there would have to be focus on other forms of combat should the use of Ninjutsu fail her. The other that sat on his mind was what to do for the Kunoichi on a day to day basis though they had only just met he couldn't help but feel somewhat sorry for the state she was in.

The one hope that rested on his mind was making sure Soku got the required assistance from the medical branch with her condition causing blackouts and instability there was only so much time that could go by before it became a real problem within the ranks of the ANBU branch most of the missions taking place under the cover of night but these were things to deal with in the future for now he was content with the outcome of his make shift lesson a new student under his wing to train into a great ninja of the leaf village.

[topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back