Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A new friendship (open)

Azura Iza

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Iza walked the halls of the academy. She was sure that she was getting lost. Iza couldn't even find a way out of the place. She was starting to worry.
"Come on. There has to be a way out of here!" She stumbled over some steps of a staircase.
Iza got back to her feet, she tried to control her breathing. This was no good. She can't keep wondering around with no clue of where to go.
Then she saw it, a map of the whole school. She started to go to it, but ran straight into a boy instead.
"S-sorry!" Was all Iza managed to get out. She rushed off before even looking at the map.
Iza found herself in an empty classroom. She decided to sit in there and try and control her anxiety.

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The days at the Academy appeared to be going faster and faster. Not that Shizuka would complain about it. Her eyes were set on the Genin exams and getting there as fast as she could. It’s why she had been practicing more lately, refining her grip on the Mokuton, and other type of jutsu. They would definitely come in handy when being tested, she was certain of that.

“Hey!” One of the boys she had just walked by made his presence known by loudly opening his mouth. The sound had Shizuka turning. She wasn’t sure if he was trying to get her attention or not, but figured to take a look in case something was going on. During her time at the Academy she’s had her share of being pushed around. Only lately, when she had taken it upon herself to work harder and quickly throw back anything that came into her direction had she gotten rid of the idiots bugging her here and there. So, when her eyes caught the sight of a girl walking away fast, she followed.

It didn’t take her a long time to find where the stranger was. An empty classroom, it almost looked as if she was hiding there. Shizuka peered inside of it, head sticking around the corner with a lazy smile and glittering green eyes.

“Hey, you okay?”

Azura Iza

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Iza heard a voice fill the room. She squeaked and turned around fast.
"Um...." Was all she could say. She took a look at the other girl.
She tried to run out the door, but she couldn't because the other girl was blocking the way.
She backed up against the wall furthest away from her and looked down at the ground.
Iza refused to talk. Her own heartbeat was beating a million times per second.
She didn't know who the other girl was, but she hoped that she would go away. She just waited, and hoped that she would.

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The squeak caught Shizuka a bit off guard. She froze, eyes widening at the reaction she got from just saying a couple of words. It felt like her initial thoughts had been the right ones. This girl here appeared to be frightened. The question was whether it were other children that were the cause of that fear or something else was.

Slowly walking inside, she closed the shoji behind her. Alright, perhaps it was mean of her to trap the girl together with her here, but it seemed like a solution. Or at least a start to one. If she would run away again then that would be the end of it. Hence, Shizuka stayed in front of the (now closed) entrance.

“I’m Shizuka,” she slowly started out, scanning the girl for any wounds or tears in clothes. They didn’t appear to be there. Good.

“Is there something wrong? Are you hurt?”

Frowning lightly, she took a cautious step toward the girl on the other side of the room. There was plenty of space between them. She hadn’t really cornered the other child, seemingly older child. So hopefully she would calm down and open up, because Shizuka’s attention was grabbed, and she wouldn’t give up easily.

Azura Iza

Yen
ASP
Deaths
And now, Iza was trapped. She tried to control her breathing. But her anxiety wasn't having any of it.
Finally, after a minute or so, she calmed down. The other girl seemed persistent in not wanting to leave, so she had no choice but to answer her questions.
"I'm f-fine. I just have troubles. I'm Iza. Azura Iza." She didn't dare say anything else to Shizuka. Because if she did, she might judge her. And treat her as an outsider that she is.
Iza was new to the Cloud. And there was a reason why. She kept a close eye on the other girl. Her own experience in life outside these walls taught her that.

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Ehm.. nice to meet you, Iza.” Nodding, she kept her distance. It had taken a moment for Iza to speak up, so Shizuka didn’t really want to push the girl too fast. For whatever reasons she was panicking like this, it didn’t look good.

“What type of troubles?” She then mentally poked, offering a disarming smile in the process. If she would pose her questions slowly, perhaps Iza would calm down enough to have a decent conversation. Because the way her chest went up and down now didn’t look quite healthy if you asked the younger student.

Leaning up against a nearby desk, she pulled herself up to sit on it after a brief moment of considering. With swinging feet she kept her hands on the surface of the desk, leaning a little bit back. Longs strands of dark brown hair cascaded down her shoulders. For once she didn’t have the locks in a ponytail.

“It’s fine, really. You can talk to me.” There was nobody else around them, nobody to disturb their conversation or listen in. At least that’s what Shizuka assumed. The noises in the hall had died down, this moment of peace seemed perfect to talk.

Azura Iza

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Iza realized that the other girl was nice. And that she wanted to talk. But then she asked what was troubling her.
She looked out the window. "I'd rather not say right now. Let's just say that I have, um. Something that I'm not proud of. And it's not something little that can be easily forgiven."
She left it at that.
She found it hard to talk to others. And now, trapped in a room with someone who is trying to help her, she is forced to converse.
"Is it always cold here?" Iza asked. She rubbed her arms trying to get warmth back into them. "I'm not from here. My family used to travel everywhere. Everywhere warm."
Iza made a smiley face from the frost forming on the window.

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“No worries, but if you feel like talking, you can talk to me.” Smiling, she hoped that Iza would take the offer seriously. It wasn’t as if Shizuka could fix everyone’s problems, but she would try to help, especially this lonely, panicky kid who might be pressured by other, potentially stronger kids. It was a bit of a personal matter, she knew.

Watching the girl stare out of the window she wondered if she came from somewhere else, and apparently she did. Sort of. Unsure if it was the right time to ask whether her family had settled down in Kumogakure, she figured to simply go on about the weather.

“Mostly it’s fairly rainy here, and well, I wouldn’t say that it’s that cold right now, you just need to get a warmer jacket.” Well, alright, that might have been a bit insensitive, but she didn’t want to make the other girl even more emotional by pitying her. If she wanted to talk about her problems, she would, otherwise they could discuss the more practical things.

“But yeah, it’s quite cold here compared to other places, or so I’ve heard.” Shrugging, she smiled. “I’ve only been out once, when the Tournament in Tea happened. It was very warm there, nice, but not for too long. I like it here.” It’s home, but she didn’t add that.

“Do you have a jacket, we could pick it up?” Nodding, she figured that skipping a class wouldn't be too bad, if it would come to that. Perhaps they would be fast enough, but Shizuka didn't really care if she would gt a small lecture and an extra reading assignment. Reading was fun, even when it was about jutsu or tactics. As long as they wouldn't send a message to her parents or detain her, she would be more than fine.

Ooc: sorry for the delay, was really busy this week^^
MFT

Azura Iza

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Iza kept listening as the other girl kept talking. It felt weird. Being able to talk to others again. But she just can't help this feeling that she has about being anxious. She blames herself for it. For the death of her family. Compared to other kids, they probably would have broken down and not even function if they had gone through what she had. She at least makes an effort even though it kinda sucks.
Then the other girl talked about rain. The one thing that seems to calm Iza down more than anything else. She might actually like it here if that's the case. She remembered that her older brother had an affinity with water, more than what their mother and father had. He used to always make it rain on the scorching hot days.
But then the girl talked about Tea. Iza remembers that her and her family were actually going to Tea when she ran off and then later found out that her family was killed. The brief smile that she had was gone now, with a face of sadness.
"I'm fine. I can deal with the cold for now." She stopped talking. Staring down at the floor.

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hmm.. Alright," she let Iza know with a little frown. To Shizuka there was no reason not to go get something warm to wear if the cold was a bother, but if this girl didn't want to then she wouldn't be forcing her. This choice of Iza's, however, left them standing in an awkward silence. Having tried to get the girl to talk, then to move, the little Senju was rapidly getting out of options. There was always the possibility of grabbing food. Yes, perhaps that was the best option. If they would eat something warm it would solve both the silence they found themselves in and it would comfort Iza in its own, unique way.

Comfort food.

"Want to grab something to eat? Might get a cup of tea as well.." The school's canteen was open throughout the day to provide students with the necessary energy. Classes started and stopped at different times, and there were always those living at school. And while she thought to have heard about another canteen, specifically for the students living at the dorm, she figured that they came to eat here as well.

“My treat.” Shizuka smiled, moving back to the class door before throwing a look back.

Azura Iza

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shizuka then asked Iza if she wanted to eat. And her face lit up. She hasn't had anything decent to eat since she arrived here. Iza looked at the other girl, for the first actual time.
"Yeah, I would love to. I haven't had any actual food for a long time." Iza said. She got up and walked to the other girl.
"And I like tea."
Then she realized that was the most she has said since she has got here. She smiled and nodded. "I'm ready when you are."
She felt more calm for the time being. And excited. She made a new friend! Iza was surprised that this has happened. But she just had to hope that it gets better from here on out.

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Oh! This had her attention. That was good. Shizuka was glad to see the girl cheer up if only by a little. Food always seemed to do the thing. At least in her experience. It’s why she nodded happily once Iza was next to her. A moment later the two were out of the classroom, leaving it empty as it had been before their arrival. Speaking of empty, the crowd which had been previously present in the hallway was mostly gone now. Students wandered here and there, silently occupying themselves with their own little things. Just like they were.

“I love the seaweed salad with sesame seeds, but some gyoza with chicken would be nice too.. Hmm, I’ll probably pick both if they have them.” Nodding, talking to both Iza and herself, the young Senju turned around the corner and led the oddly sad girl toward the canteen. Already the smell of food was causing her mouth to water. Somehow she was always hungry. It didn’t matter if she’s just had food or not, Shizuka could always find some room for a snack of too.

“Is there anything particular you would want?” The duo came closer to the counter where one could pick food and order. From the side of it, she picked up two trays and two pairs of chopsticks. They could come back for some green tea later on, should they want to.

“Hello,” she cheerfully greeted the woman behind the counter whose lips were forming a small smile as she patiently waited for the kids to make up their minds.

Azura Iza

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Iza listened as she walked with the other girl. She was naming off all the food hat she liked to eat. And Iza has to admit. All the food Shizuka had mentioned seemed pretty good. And she can't wait to actually find out what there was to eat.

Then she asked her what is it that she wanted to eat.
"Um...I don't know. Everything just looks so good!" Iza has not seen this much food in forever. Her last meal with her family... She shook the thought out of her head.

She actually didn't know what she wanted. But she settled for grabbing the exact same as what Shizuka wanted. Seaweed salad with sesame seeds and gyoza with chicken.

Iza sat down at a table that only had a few people sitting there. She waited for Shizuka to come with her own plate of food.

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She paid for both of them, smiled to the lady behind the counter and moved onto the table Iza had picked for them to have their meal at. There weren’t too many people around, and Shizuka was fine with that. She had never liked noise too much. Something about it had always irked her, disturbed her peaceful state of mind or whatever thoughts she was having.

Putting down the platter she sat across from Iza, briefly giving the latter a look. “Enjoy!”

The chopsticks came apart with a crisp crack, and Shizuka dug in. Never one to miss a meal or the opportunity to eat something nice, she quietly chewed while letting her eyes wander toward Iza now and then.

As the muttering around them went up and down she ate in silence. If Iza wanted to talk she was free to, but perhaps it was better to soak in the quiet between them for now. Maybe that way the girl would get used to the smaller student.

Lazily picking up a piece of gyoza the small Senju dipped it in some soya sauce. That dark goodness always made everything much better. There were only a few dishes she ate without it, no matter what others said or what the culinary rules dictated.

“So,” she started, eyes blinking slowly while she took the last couple of bites. Taking time to swallow them she hoped that the time which had passed had been enough to allow Iza to relax a little. Being uptight would only get her so far. “what’s your next class?”

Azura Iza

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After a while of eating, Iza was stuffed. She hasn't had this much food in forever. She was surprised that the other girl even went as far as for paying for her meal as well.

"You didn't have to do that. I had money." She pulled out a handful of yen, an amount way too much for anyone her age should be able to handle. Iza put away her money. And looked at the other girl.

Then the other girl asked about her next class. Iza shrugged. "I actually don't know. I've only been here for a week at most. I was only just recently allowed to go to classes." She stopped talking and picked her tray up. Iza looked at Shizuka. "Well. I do have to say that it's been nice talking to you. I hope that we can see each other again."

Iza walked out of the cafeteria with a small smile on her face.

(Topic left)

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Short, that conversation turned out to be a short one. It also had Shizuka wondering if she had done something wrong. When the girl picked up her tray and vanished with only a few polite words the small Senju pondered if there had been a better way to deal with this situation. Maybe, maybe not. She had done what she could, and sitting here, lazily playing with on of the chopsticks in her hands, she figured that there was no need to worry about Iza. The girl was new, she probably needed some time to get herself familiar with the surroundings, the people, the way things went here. It was only normal.

They would high likely run into each other again at some point. Especially if Iza remained at the Academy. Classes weren’t always based off on the year you were in. It wasn’t uncommon for people with the same knowledge or skill to be put together.

After musing for a little while longer she eventually get up, picked the tray from the table, and headed toward the pile of dishes. Sorting them all with an absent minded look on her pale face she moved on right after. Whether she would go to class or do something else she wasn’t too sure about just yet. Her decision would heavily depend on those she might bump into right around the corner.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back