Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Night to Remember [Open to all]

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

The night was late and Junko was in a forest as an academy student on his first test at the academy. The field was covered in kunai with a blaze of fire that covered half the battle field. A man spoke "You will have to do better then that!!" Tsuyoshi Junko just a simple boy was already being put to the ultimate test. Junko could barely see the man due to the the flames of the battle field. Junko was only able to see a blue aura that resembled lightning surrounding the image that spoke to him. The man then said "Upon entering this area you was told you were entering a battle field and to be cautious of what would happen. You were told it was life or death. You shouldn't have entered this area if you had any doubt in your heart that you wouldn't survive." Junko was blinded and weakened from a random encounter with a random opponent. Junko tried to analyze the situation but couldn't find any way out. "I'm surrounded by flames and no attack is working. He's to fast to keep up with. How will I survive?" A brief moment passed and the man spoke. "It's time to end this kid. The Image vanished in a blink of an eye and reappeared behind Junko grabbing him and lifting him up into the air. Junko heart felt as if it was in his throat. then man then yelled "Now Die!" as he began to slam Junko into the ground with intense strength at an unbelievable speed.

Junko awakened In his bed dripping in sweat. "What the hell" "some nightmare" "Ill be doing my first class in the academy soon. I need to relax and calm down. Junko removed the covers from himself and went to his room window. Junko opened it letting the air circulate. "Man its a nice night." Junko changed clothes to make himself feel comfortable and called to his brother. "Yo Aiko, lets head into town. Its a wonderful night lets enjoy it before the academy classes. You know when those classes start we might not have nothing to do but train and better our skills. Junko then exited his room through his window. Once Junko was out side he looked into the night sky. "This will be a night to remember!"

Training post: word count:390

Tsuyoshi Aiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Aiko slept soundly in his bed, not uttering a single word or otherwise in his sleep. He was enveloped in a dream where everything around him was black and he had to find his way out of the darkness and into the light. He heard the voice of his brother from far away calling to him. "Junko!?" He shouted back towards the voice of his brother in the darkness of the abyss. There was no response. At the end of his field of vision was a ray of white light. He ran as fast as possible towards the shining thing in the distance but no matter how fast he ran he didn't become any closer than he was a moment before. "Junko!?" Aiko repeated, desperately calling out to his brother and rushing even faster towards the light however it was to no avail. Dropping to his knees, he wept into his palms miserably and soon the white light grew stronger until he was drowning in its glory. He looked up and let out a sharp gasp as he sat up, now in the safety of his room.

In the far corner of the room, Aiko saw the shadowy figure of his brother Junko. Tossing aside his sheets, he swung his feet off the edge of the bed, one of the two that were donated to them from the kind people of the village. Aiko rubbed his eyes groggily to dispel the feeling of weariness that still lingered in his blood. Looking out the window, he could see bright stars shining in the night sky. Rising to his feet, he shifted wearily towards the window where his brother had been standing and scowled. "Junko it's still late. I don't know if we should be going outside or not we might get in trouble." Aiko whined and reluctantly followed suite, climbing out the window. "We need all of our energy if wanna do really well at school tomorrow. Are you sure we should be doing this?"

Training post: 334 words

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Junko "sighed" as his brother whined. Junko put his hands in his pockets as he began the journey into the Susukino District with his brother following him. The stars shined bright and the night seemed perfect as they walked. Junko was astonished at the Susukino District lights up ahead and the many people that strolled through the streets. As time passed and as Junko and his brother approach the first building in the district Junko said "Now let this glorious night begin." Junko walked to a glorious area that seemed as if it was the center point of the district. The area consisted of two benches which were side by side in a grassy area that was cut low. Junko took a seat on one of the benches and took took the time to analyze the beautiful area. Most people walked by with smiles on there faces. "What shall we do first brother?"

As Junko still analyzed the area he stopped as he noticed a group of people exiting an place with a roaring riot. "one,two,three,four,five. a group of five" The group left the building with expressions of anger with an movement that staggered sided to side as if they couldn't keep there balance. "I wonder what is the issue with those guys?" The group went inside a small restaurant that was not heavily populated such as the other stores that are in the area. Junko looked away from the situation to get his mind out of other peoples business. Junko relaxed to take a brief moment to think of the academy. "My dream was weird. I wonder if the academy is really that dangerous? I hope my brother is O.K. in the academy as well. He still whines from time to time which isn't good for a strong shinobi." Junko looked at his brother with a small smile. "We will have great adventures ahead of us. Starting with the Susukino District."

Training post
Word Count:327

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sitting on a bench nearby, the aging Sennin of the Main Branch regarded the two boys nearby with interest. Judging from their ages and the uncontrolled emanation of chakra residue from their bodies, they were likely students or even new recruits for that matter, as the current training season was yet to start. By their appearances they were likely siblings or at least close cousins. The darker-haired one was also clearly the more dominant of the two, and probably took it on himself to protect the silvery-haired one. Statistics ruled that in six months they would both be dead.

The academy was a meat grinder, and every effort that had been put forth by the prior headmasters and sennin to lessen the mortality associated with shinobi training had been rebuffed with the simple assertion that Kaminari no Kuni would not suffer weak shinobi. So in essence, these kids needed all of the strength they could muster for the coming trials.

Masao took a long drag from his pipe and exhaled, expelling the fragrant smoke in the fashion of a lazy dragon.

“Shouldn’t you two be in bed? Morning inspection starts at six AM sharp.”

[Hello newbs! Thought I'd pop in and say hi.]

Tsuyoshi Aiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Indignantly, Aiko followed close behind his brother, looking from left to right as they made their way down the dirt paved road and into the commercial center of the Village Hidden in the Clouds, the Susukino District. Shady characters emerged from various crevices in the city. There were some that stumbled about like crazy people. Aiko's heart thumped madly in his chest with fear of a world that he had yet to understand. 'Glorious' was a very optimistic way to describe the ominous air that surrounded them. The pair came across a couple of benches and Aiko gratefully took a seat beside his brother. He didn't need a rest or anything, he just needed time to analyze the structures and things surrounding him. More of those crazy people walked by sluggishly, wild grins plastered onto their faces and a slur in their speech as they conversed amongst one another.

Aiko glanced over at his brother and with a hint of desperation said, "Junko I really wanna go home. These people are all really weird and they kind of smell funny. They're not like the people you see during the day y'know?" Then Aiko realized that Junko's attention was focused on something else and he sighed irritably. Junko never seemed to take him seriously, or at least not all the time. Aiko's gaze shifted to an elderly looking male who was breathing out puffs of wispy smoke.
“Shouldn’t you two be in bed? Morning inspection starts at six AM sharp.” The man said to them and with that, Aiko glared scornfully at Junko.
"I told you we shouldn't be out here!" He shouted in accusation.

Training post: 274 words

[Hi Mr. Admin person! Nice to meet you! :D]

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Junko responded to his brother by saying "They just seem to be having a good time. Which is something we should start doing at this moment." Junko was about to get up until he noticed a man smoking siting on a near bench spoke to him and his brother. Junko eyes sharpened. "I don't think I noticed him when we walked over here. Did he just sit down?" The man spoke saying "Shouldn’t you two be in bed? Morning inspection starts at six AM sharp.” Junko then heard his brother say "I told you we shouldn't be here." Junko responded without hesitation to the man while partially ignoring his brother. "Sorry mom tells me not to speak to strangers so first off lets figure out your name before we continue this conversation." Junko had no intentions of making enemies but just to have a fun night. "I wonder if hes a jounin?"

Junko began to look at the group of men in the small restaurant and noticed there was one waitress that was serving the group of men. The group of men laughed while sitting at a table looking at the waitress. The waitress then served small glasses which seemed like they were small enough for only one gulp of the drink poured in. As the waitress walked away one man reached and gave her a ferocious smack on her butt. The group laughed loud as she walked away. The woman seemed angry and frustrated. ''There crazy." Junko realized he had to focus on the task at hand and gave his full attention to his brother and the man sitting on the bench.

[ooc: Hi the more the better]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So the dark-haired one had a hearty streak of defiance in him, whereas the silver-haired one was probably the more submissive of the two. A similar arrangement to the Mochizuki siblings that he was forced to deal with on a regular basis. The academy would chew up and spit Silver out if he did not learn how to defend himself or question information at face value.

“Ah, I apologize for not introducing myself properly to you two. Your mother is quite correct in compelling you to demand identification from an unknown adult. After all, even a shinobi village is unfortunately not immune to the presence of fiends who view children as prey. I have many times attempted to reaffirm their belief in our wrathful and terrible Lord Shinbatsu,” he said, cracking his callused knuckles, a glint of vengefulness in his eyes which quickly faded. “But it still pays to be careful even in this little town of ours.”

“I am Takaki Masao, Sennin of the Main Branch, and former Vice Commander of the ANBU. I can show you my passport if you so desire, budding vanguard of the Deathwatch,” he said to Junko, his voice devoid of easy sardonicism. “And I would ask who you are as well, and who the other boy is. The energy falling from both of your shoulders identifies you as academy students, but other than that I do not know every name on the rolls.”

Tsuyoshi Aiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Aiko glanced sideways towards his brother in blank alarm. What was he doing talking to an elder like that? And why did he lie about their mom? That word always seemed to strike him in a soft spot. It left a sick empty feeling in the pit of his stomach whenever the words mom or dad were used and it was very peculiar to hear it from somebody like his brother. Aiko's mouth opened as he attempted to apologize for his brother's rudeness but the man appeared to disregard it and went on to introduce himself. His words seemed rather grim, and Aiko could sense that there was some kind of mystery about the man.

Aiko's jaw dropped when he recognized just how important this man's position was. He knew there was something strange about the man. He didn't seem like one of those other disheveled looking folks that had passed them by. The Anbu weren't a very familiar group to him though. They were an organization shrouded in secrecy but he did have an inkling about what they did. He paused for a moment, pondering whether or not he should proceed to give the man his name. They wouldn't get in trouble for being out here right? He had never been in trouble before and he didn't want to start when he just got into the academy. His shyness also made it difficult for him to speak, especially to someone of such a prestigious position in the village. It would be rather rude though if he didn't and so Aiko turned towards the man and bowed his head in respect. "Muh- my name's Aiko Tsuyoshi Mr. Masao sir." He paused. "T- the Anbu.. They're the organization that does those secret missions for the Raikage right sir?" Aiko asked for clarification.

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Aksuko Katzumi

2r5x47q.jpg

cloud_medic.gif

iNPC

[This is a Retired PC that has been rewinded in age. If you did not know Aksuko Katzumi before the age of 20, you no longer know her.]

"I told you once, and I'll tell you again next time I see you, walking you home was a one-time deal!" It was the feminine voice of a tall blonde, her hands on her hips and her posture slightly tipped back as a slender leg held the door to the local pub open. "And if you call me 'doll face' one more time, I'll stop giving you drinks on the house!" A long finger nail jabbed through the doorway, laughter erupting from the bar as a smile cracked across her false-anger. "No, really, I'm serious, not tonight, I want to get out of here." The woman turned, her outfit being revealed by the moonlight that kissed the world below. Cornsilk blonde hair kept down and long enough to brush her knees lovingly.

"Crazy old man," The woman murmured with a gentle shake of her head. She was clearly amused by the night she had just experienced. Now, it may come across that this blonde was a drinker of some sort, but in reality, she came around of busy nights to help out the owner of the pub. She was close friends with the family that built it from scratch, and often volunteered for the sake of having a good time and filling in the empty moments of her life.

Aksuko Katzumi, in reality, just really liked people.

On this night, she moved through the dark streets, hoping not to collide with another tug-of-war with the thugs from the alley a few weeks ago, and came upon a peculiar sight. Now, it wasn't rare to meet people in the street at this time, but normally they were drunk, or heading to get that way. But these people were sitting on benches, one, a familiar superior, and the others, just young boys.

"Hey, you boys need any help?" Kat called, nearing them with a slight jog before stopping before them. One hand on her hip, and the other swaying limply by her side as she cocked her head to the side and laid her caramel eyes on the young boys. "You aren't harassing them, Sennin, are you?" She teased, her eyes flickering to the Sennin as she pursed her raspberry lips for a moment.

Katzumi wasn't sure if she had met the Sennin, officially, before. Being director of the Mental Health ward in the hospital, she had become familiar with the heads of the city--well, even the country--even though they had never officially met. Most people knew her as well from her status in the city, without ever having met her. That was the funny thing about the village and the people in it: they all talked about each other. You could never meet someone in your entire life, but know more about them than acceptable.

"It's late, what is everyone doing out here?"

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Junko listened carefully as the mysterious man introduced himself. "Grandpa is more important then i thought." Junko expression didn't change at all since the old man introduced himself. Junko then heard his brother greet the old man and asked him a question on the ANBU corporations. "Aikos smart. I don't really know much about the ANBU corporations but from my brothers question they must be a secret organization since I never heard of them. If the ANBU were secret and this man was a former vice commander he must be dangerous and very skillful in deception. Now the question is if all he telling us, is it deception or is he telling the truth?" Junko analyzed the situation more and more he came to a brief conclusion. "So far from what I see this man pose as no threat and from the looks of it he is very old in age. If he did try to hurt us we could easily run away. Plus he smokes which should slow him down significantly due to bad lungs. a small smirk came upon Junko's face as he was sure he had everything figured out.

"We may be young but we are young and intelligent." Junko didn't bow but he did greet the old man. "Hello, my name is Junko. Sorry we didn't have any knowledge of any inspection." Junko didn't want to tell the old man that him and his brother was some what basically orphans and they lived on there own so he avoided it. "We are only out looking for some entertainment and excitement before our first day at the academy." Junko was giving the conversation at hand his full attention and not noticing the small argument that was beginning to start up in the small restaurant between the group of men, the waitress, and the manager of the small restaurant.

Junko then noticed a beautiful woman walking towards them and the words she spoke seemed as if they were coming from a goddess. "Shes beautiful." Junko didn't say any response to her because he wanted to wait to see what was the old mans response going to be first.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Greetings, Tsuyoshi-kun,” responded the Sennin, nodding his head politely at the silver-haired boy, just a few degrees short of where the kid had stopped. It would have been strange to bow lower than one’s junior, after all. A long history of serving the village and Lightning Country had the inevitable side effect of ingraining superb manners into any shinobi, no matter the rank or station. “And in response to your question, all shinobi work, no matter the branch, is done in the Raikage’s name and with his approval and authority. He bequeaths us moral and legal certitude, and receives a tithe from our wages in return. So yes, the ANBU do carry out missions for Hayata-sama. Their job is to plunge their hands into the filth so that the hands of the Raikage can stay clean.”

The second boy, who had been the more dominant and protective one, now spoke. Junko was his name as Masao had thought he and his brother were pre-academy until the next day. If they didn’t know about the usual morning inspection, they were in for a dubious “treat.” Kumogakure was a military institution dedicated to the containment and manufacture of human weapons of mass destruction. There was no need for those who were too soft to endure the hardships of combat or too arrogant to submit to orders. For many of the students who had come from noble or rich backgrounds, morning inspection at the Academy would be the first time in their lives in which they would be screamed at or physically struck or told that they could not have something they desired. Those who could not handle the abrupt disconnect from their previously pampered lives usually threw themselves from the top floor of the pagoda within forty-eight hours or arrival. Orphans and other kids from the streets usually adjusted faster to the harsh conditions of basic training, although they typically had much catching up to do physically compared to the well-off children, due to years of malnutrition. Unless they built up over twenty percent more muscle mass within a few months, they would die due to the physical stress incurred by mutagen injections. The ideal candidate for survival in the first year of the academy was a reasonably intelligent child with street-smarts who could adapt quickly to any situation, keep a calm head under fire, and fight with the fury of a cornered tiger when necessary. Having an easy blood type to receive transfusions was also a plus.

“Junko-kun, is it? I wish you and your friend here luck. If you are starting at the academy tomorrow, then I won’t begrudge you some fun beforehand. Just make sure that you are present on the grounds of the Aurora at the appointed time, lest you be the first to receive a beating from the Assistant Headmasters. You and he face three years of hardship and deprivation with no guarantee of survival or graduation. My advice is to eat as much as you can, sleep whenever possible, and stab at the eyes when the Manticores attack you on the mountaineering course,” he said, smirking. I hated those godrotting things.

His reminiscence about the academy was cut short by the arrival of a woman this time, this one obviously not a student. He recognized the blonde hair and lithe figure, especially from Kogami Ayumu's descriptions of a woman he was attempting to clumsily and cluelessly woo. Like many other prominent personalities in the village, her reputation preceded her.

“Greetings, Aksuko-hakase,” he said, nodding to her as well. “No, these are students who aim to graduate the academy. They deserve our utmost support, not our harassment, for these young ones are the continuation of our village itself. I was giving them some advice on how to not fall victim to the sons of the Hitokage during their trials. Do you have any advice for them?”

Tsuyoshi Aiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Aiko raised his head to the man who had introduced himself as Masao-san. What did he mean by "plunge their hands into the filth so the hands of the Raikage can stay clean?" He wasn't all too sure that his question was ever truly answered but he nodded respectfully to the aging Sennin. His pupils shrank in blank astonishment and genuine terror at the horrifying words the man was using to describe the training. It wouldn't really be that bad would it? His heart sank in his chest and he was fearful that maybe he wouldn't be good enough to make it. He looked over to his brother to see his reaction and frowned doubtfully. Aiko was scared. He had no idea just how good he was at fighting since he had no experience with fighting. He's played games before with his brother but never before had he fought with the intent to harm somebody. What would he do if he ended up holding his brother back? He didn't want to be a burden to his brother when he was attempting to pass his own trials.

Just then, a pretty young woman with long blonde hair approached the trio. Aiko looked up to her curiously when she spoke to the older man and them. They must have known each other because she addressed him in such an informal matter. "No ma'am." He responded to her and looked towards his brother. "My brother and I were just going for a walk." He added with evident excitement, "We go to the academy for the first time tomorrow!"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
KaiKai had been out into town getting groceries and more cigarettes for his quarters back at ANBU. He rarely liked to leave in the middle of his work but he had to admit it was nice to be out among people. His priest puppet trailed behind him holding two bags of fresh fruit, vegetables and a salmon fillet that KaiKai would cook when he returned. His puppet was disguised as his old mentor and friend Itonami Ataeru, a renowned ninja amongst cloud and even in other villages. KaiKai used to transform his puppet into this form because he missed Ataeru, but it had become such a norm that it was second nature for him now. KaiKai’s six arms and lean beanpole figure did make him an odd sight but his eyes were bright and his chin length brown hair was pushed back by a plain headband so he at least looked happy.

As KaiKai was walking he noticed a familiar looking man smoking a pipe talking to some younger boys and a young blonde lady. The young boys seemed attached at the hip and KaiKai didn’t recognize the blonde girl, but the man was none other than his Vice Commander. KaiKai approached his disguised puppet in tow and came to stand by the bench that the Vice Commander had taken over. As he had walked over he overheard one of the young men mentioning that tomorrow was their first day in the academy and although it did not show on his face KaiKai felt some pity for them.

”Vice Commander” KaiKai said bowing deeply. ”it is good to see you again. It has been some time hasn’t it?” KaiKai smiled respectfully.

KaiKai turned and acknowledged the boys as well, with a slight bow toward them and one for the young blonde lady as well.

[Wc:307]
[MFT]
[Topic Entered]
((Hello, figured this would be a nice topic to get back into the swing of things with, hope you don't mind ^^ ))

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: NO. IT'S NOT OKAY FOR YOU TO JOIN! Editing my post for the new one...]

And what were these mysterious and shadowy figures doing in the dark streets of the city at this time? Giving advice for school. It was unexpected, to say the least, for Katzumi to receive this as an answer. It was clear, from the formation of her eyebrows, that she was shocked to hear this. "Oh, well, how nice!" She said, moving across the walkway to sit beside the Sennin, as though she too, would join in their nightly affairs. Her smell was a mix between strawberry shampoo, wine, and vanilla. Clearly, she had been out all night, but something about her free-spirit was willing to spend more time out. It wasn't like there was anyone to return home to--assuming Ayumu hadn't stopped in to surprise her, again.

"Now lets see..." Kat gave a gentle smile, her caramel colored eyes softening as she looked upon the students, "First day at the academy tomorrow, hm?" She seemed to be pondering her advice carefully. "Normally, I am one for being positive and as a medic it is my duty to make sure you understand the importance of helping out each other in times of desperate need..." Her voice trailed as she looked woefully to the Sennin, shrugging as though she had a silent conversation with him, before looking back to the boys, "But the academy is every student for himself." Ah, the brutal truth. "Stopping to help your friends will only slow you down, and perhaps deter your ability to graduate."

Katzumi offered a reassuring smile, nonetheless. "I am a professor at the Academy. I specialize in Genjutsu training and medical training." Her ankles crossed as she leaned forward, "And in order to pass one of my classes, you have to have a strong will and thick skin. You have to forget everything you know about reality, and focus on survival skills in the situation I give to you--and with Genjutsu, the scenes are endless."

Seemingly finished with her miniature schpeel, Kat looked towards the Sennin once more, offering him a friendly expression, "Have you even taught a class in the academy, Sennin-Sama?" She asked curiously, before turning to the boys, "If there is anyone adequate enough to make you the best Shinobi you can be, it's certainly him." She nodded a few times, as though to approve of what she was saying, "So listen up wisely, if you graduate, you'll be seeing a lot of him!"

It was just then that a man's voice surprised the sultry blonde, her head turning upwards to look towards him--who had greeted the Sennin, not anyone else, save a bow in her direction. He was a fellow who, surprisingly, did not recognize the director. Despite the fact that he didn't know her, it was almost reassuring that there were still many people that Katzumi had left to meet, "Hello, young man." It was very likely he was older than the 20 year old prodigy, and he gave off a vibe of mature and handsome qualities, causing the young blonde to turn her body slightly towards him. "Doctor Aksuko Katzumi." She introduced herself, formally, to everyone at that moment.

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Junko began to calm down on the situation. "Seems like all these people are friendly. I have no worries at all about any danger from what I see." Junko facial expression change bit by bit to a small smirk as the conversation went on about the academy. "Old man Masao. The Sennin. He Is quite interesting. Junko listened to old man Masao and the beautiful woman with an open mind. The beautiful woman then said a statement that made him question the academy and there teachings. "Stopping to help your friends will only slow you down, and perhaps deter your ability to graduate." Junko eyes grew big. "Do that mean that if I ever stop to help my brother my chances of passing will be cut short? I thought the goal of being a ninja was protecting your love ones and attending to the village priorities or was I wrong?" Junko responded to the statement by saying "If my brother ever needs me then I'll be there for him. If he slows me down then so be it." Junko then smiled as he put one hand on his brothers shoulder and said "The thing is though. I'm not to worried about that. I have confident in my own strength and of my brothers."

Junko didn't have any real good battle experience, but he had determination. Junko looked toward the beautiful woman Katzumi and old man Masao with more respect as they gave good advice with the exception of that one statement which Junko disagreed with. A man began to walk towards the group with greetings to the sennin. "Another person knows this man? He really must be important." "Thanks for the advice." Mean while in the restaurant people had began to yell. One man from the group pushed the waitress to the ground while the two men from the group began attacking another man which seemed to be the manager. While this attack was going on the last two men from the group were gathering money from the restaurant.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ah, so Junko finally confirmed that he and the silver-haired boy were brothers. And of course, that he was fiercely protective of his sibling. Sooner or later, Aiko would have to find his own source of strength from within, but for now, the older one’s presence would be a good bulwark against the initial psychological shock of the academy’s brutal realities. What Katzumi was saying sounded harsh, but with a ninety percent mortality rate most years, compromising one’s self to aid another without some reciprocation could very well be fatal.

“Thanks for the compliment. I have taught in the past,” he said in response to Katzumi’s question. “These days, however, my time stretches thin indeed. Between the torrid relationship of our Raikage with the Chancellor and tracking down that traitor Yukimura, I am a house divided more often than united,” he sighed. “Still, Akusko-hakase, I will say that for every student, things will be different in terms of helping each other. One-sided altruism can be fatal, but mutual cooperation is in the end essential to the survival of any shinobi. When I was a student, I once came upon a carton of cigarettes an instructor had hidden and forgotten about. I could have simply given them out to my companions for nothing, and indeed I did a few, but the majority I traded for other supplies or favors with a few students who had other resources. We all helped each other in that way and we all were able to survive a little easier. So I think the key is reciprocation.”

“Vice Commander,” he heard in a familiar voice. He had not seen the young man in some time now, not since his full induction into the ranks of the mempo. Surely, however, KaiKai would have gotten the message that he had essentially been “fired and rehired” by the Raikage. Regardless, many of the ANBU still referred to him by that title, much to Takayama’s consternation.

“Greetings, KaiKai-kun, it’s good to see you too,” he said to KaiKai, nodding in return. “This is Ouja-san, a mempo in the ANBU,” he said to Aiko and Junko. “He and I fought together in the battle of Okaya two years ago. If you have any questions on what it’s like in the masked service of the Raikage, he’s the one to ask.”

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
And so the various assembled personages talked a while more with the two students-to-be, giving them further helpful tidbits of advice and counseling for the upcoming trials of the Academy. Hopefully, both would survive, but in the world of shinobi, that was never something to bet serious money on. Eventually, the night grew too late, and Masao along with the others excused themselves and went about their separate ways. Perhaps these two would accomplish great things, but that was for the future to tell.

[TL]

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Junko looked around the area as it seemed the conversation was over and people began to leave. Junko stood from his seat and began to walk. "Well looks like it's time to go home. Not the type night I wanted but hey everything isn't perfect." Junko put his hands inside his pockets to relax as he looked at the stars on the way home.

[Topic Left]
[OOC:Sorry for inactivity there was a mix up for post order. :/]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back