Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mission A Snap, a Sting, Kanmuri's Outlook Improves! [Anbu Mission - Kanmuri]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The light clinking of vials echoed down the hallway from the open door of the armory. Inside here is where the Anbu kept the majority of their extra supplies and gear for missions. Kaen, or Ruin in this instance, would be rummaging through their supplies taking inventory. It was a painstakingly tedious process that usually took a few days to complete simply because of the sheer amount of various tools, gears, weapons, etc. that was stored here. The previous day he had noticed they were running low on a few things and put out a requisition mission to replenish their supply.

Given the situation Sunagakure has found themselves in, with the whole Unbent plaguing the countryside, the usual transportation of goods has been slowed, in some cases halted all together. But Sunans are a resourceful bunch and know how to survive without inter-country trading and the likes. Though quite skilled, Kanmuri's status as 'In training' still limits what he can do on his own. Ruin had plans to change all this and thought this would be just the mission to catapult Kanmuri forward through the ranks. And so, the main mission is to locate and extract venom from local Pugilist Scorpions. But for now he would continue to wait on his apprentice to arrive, he was nearly finished up here anyway.

[Mission started/entered]

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
With the current state of affairs surrounding Sunagakure, it was no surprise that supplies had been running low for a large variety of reasons. And in this time of crisis, the most essential resource was supplies. Without supplies, efficiency drops. Shinobi are unequipped. But most of all...people die. Even if his own group of Fang-Marked would be able to make due with natural desert resources, it would be naive to believe everyone else would be able to do the same. However, they can. And they will as a result of Kanmuri and Kaen's efforts. Meeting up with his old mentor, Kanmuri, or in this case, Psychosis, was tasked with extracting venom for native Pugilist Scorpions.

Being the apex species of scorpion in Wind Country, the Pugilist Scorpion are quite large at 2-3 feet in length. Although bigger than the average scorpion, these invertebrates lacked the typical aggression displayed by higher order animals. Although dangerous for mammals smaller than humans, the Pugilist Scorpion has venom that has been found as useful in medical facilities as local analgesic. And with the amount of injurd refugees flooding the Omni-Prime, Pugilist Venom was needed. And it was needed in abundance.

Having had experience hunting and living off of species in the wild, Kanmuri was no stranger to effectively dealing and handling these scorpions. All that was required was a few steps. Smash. Cut. Preserve. As long as the stinger was in tact and preserved at a reasonable temperature, the venom could be used for its medicinal purposes. Recalling this knowledge to mind, Psychosis stepped into the armory to meet Ruin as he rummaged throw supplies.

With a bow of respect towards his old mentor, Kanmuri addressed Kaen saying, "Ruin, it's a pleasure seeing and working with you again."

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hearing a near nostalgic voice from behind, Kaen's attention would be pulled from his sorting. Turning to see his old apprentice he would approach him and place a hand on his left should. Giving a hardy pat he would greet Psychosis for the first time in what felt like forever. "Hello, old friend. You grow more impressive each time we meet. Let me just finish up here and we can head out." Turning away he would return to the rack he was sorting vials at. Removing a few empty vials from the rack and placing them into a small basket he would prompt Kanmuri. Knowing that nobody else would likely be coming to this part of the HQ facility he felt it safe to discuss personal matters. They both know who the other really was under the mask, he found no purpose in pretending they didn't, save obvious reasons. "How've you been? You kinda just disappeared after we pushed back the Unbent a few months ago. You seen Akkuma recently?" Kaen was of course completely unaware that Kanmuri and his brother had ended Akkuma's life ages ago. But honestly he was just making small talk. Well that and he had business to discuss with him concerning very pressing and disturbing issues.

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Darkness took refuge in the cold, metallic room of the armory. Boxes were scattered. Items sporadically placed. And dust was the apex predator of this room. If the room wasn't creepy enough, then the sight of Ruin would definitely fix the problem. Resembling a demonic, hooded jack-rabbi with abnormally large, empty sockets for eyes, the site of Kaen in his ANBU attire was enough to give children nightmares. Even Kanmuri was slightly disturbed after seeing it again.

"Hello, old friend. You grow more impressive each time we meet."

"You as well, teacher."

"Let me just finish up here and we can head out."

"Take all the time you need, Ruin. I'm in no rush to end our reunion."

It was true what Kaen had said. Kanmuri was not the same. No where near it. Taller. Stronger. Wiser. And more dangerous than before, Kanmuri had been shaped by his experiences in the desert expanse. Trying to lead a group of Fang-Marked in the harsh, unforgiving desert was not only a full-time job. It was a constant journey of self-improvement. There was so much Kaen didn't know about Kanmuri. Both after his disappearance...and before it.

"How've you been? You kinda just disappeared after we pushed back the Unbent a few months ago. You seen Akkuma recently?"

There it was. The event that started it all. The name that started it all., Miroku Akkuma. Evil Incarnate. Abuser of children. Ex-Ruler of the Miroku Clan. Father of both he and Miroku Riyota, but most important of all: Dead as a doornail. The fact that Kaen lacked information on his whereabouts meant that his act was truly reality. He had killed his father. At the age of 10, he drove the sword through the chest of the Demon of the Mist. Miroku Akkuma was

"Dead. With the help of Riyota, we disposed of Miroku Akkuma for good. I'm sure of it. I drove my sword through his chest myself. My father is no longer of this world."

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Dead." Upon utterance of this word Kaen would suddenly stop what he was doing and listen with great interest. He seemed so sure of it, so positive that the deed was indeed completed. But what of the documents discovered during various missions? Kaen had his doubts, as well as his suspicions. While no actual physical evidence has ever been found aside from a signature he couldn't help but feel like he was out there somewhere biding his time. To what end he couldn't be sure. But what he did know is that his signature was being used to officiate extremely illicit dealings, primarily regarding human trafficking. But Kanmuri seemed to be at peace with what knowledge he had about it, it was not his place to try and plant seeds for no reason. "I suppose it was only a matter of time. This Riyota though,"

Picking back up where he paused with his work he would continue. "Tell me about him. I can't say I've had the pleasure of officially meeting him. I have plans to meet with him later this week, it'd be nice to have a leg up and what he's like." Kaen failed to mention the reason for this visit. Or that this was the man that supposedly was going to be marrying his sister, Kasen. As Kanmuri explained, assuming he did, Kaen would be wrapping up with what he was doing and began to file papers appropriately. This was the part they never talked about. The Anbu wasn't all sneaking and assassinating, no. There was legitimate work to be done, not excluding clerical work. It wasn't as if they had secretaries to take care of everything for them. And the workload only increased as your rank did. More responsibility was usually followed by more paperwork. But he was used to this sort of thing by now, it didn't bother him quite as much as it used to.

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaen's sudden stop wouldn't miss the eyes of Kanmuri. It was expected, of course, for Kaen to be shocked at the news. The man did have business with his father so many years ago. It never gets easy. The sudden disappearance of someone known is exactly that. Sudden.

"I suppose it was only a matter of time. This Riyota though, tell me about him. I can't say I've had the pleasure of officially meeting him. I have plans to meet with him later this week, it'd be nice to have a leg up and what he's like."

But maybe it was an easier pill for the experienced ANBU to swallow. Kaen had been doing this for longer than Kanmuri even knew. The amount of kills Kaen had were probably far beyond him. Maybe that could explain why the jack-rabbited ANBU was so easily able to return back to his duties. Maybe. For now, Kanmuri would just continue the conversation with his mentor.

"I'm not sure if you knew, but apparently, Akkuma had a son before me, an adopted one, but a son nonetheless. Simply put, Miroku Riyota is my older brother. I don't know much about him. My first and last time seeing him was when we fought together to kill Akkuma. He's a reserved, level headed guy, and he's currently heading the Miroku clan as the new ruler and rightful heir. He was graceful fighter and even more graceful speaker. You have absolutely nothing to fear. Approach him sensibly and everything should go fine."

Silence would return as Kanmuri finished explaining and Kaen began to file papers. Sitting on a nearby box, Kanmuri would continue the conversation by asking,

"So what business do you have with Riyota? Also, what are you thinking in regards to this mission. Tell me what's on your mind."

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaen lamented within his mind. This was all information he already knew, perhaps that was his fault for being to vague about it. At the same time, however, it wasn't as if he could just come right out and say 'I plan to pick a fight with your brother, commander of the Rangers because he wants to marry my sister'. Just doesn't roll off the tongue quite right, ya know? "So what business do you have with Riyota? Also, what are you thinking in regards to this mission. Tell me what's on your mind." By now Kaen was finished with what he needed to do and joined Kanmuri's relaxing on the table opposite of the box. "I have some personal family matters to discuss with him. Apparently he intends to marry my sister..." This was probably a shock to Kanmuri, or not simply because he wasn't that invested in the affairs of his adopted brother. But Kaen sure as hell was. Kasen told him about it a few weeks back but he'd yet to get the chance to pay Riyota a visit to discuss the matter in more depth.

Alas Riyota, Kasen and the marriage was not the topic for today's meeting. Grabbing a bag of supplies off the table behind him Kaen would toss them towards Kanmuri. "The mission, however, should be pretty easy. We got off super easy with this mission, we should be back within a few hours I'm betting. We just need to kill ourselves a few scorpions and bag their stingers. I'll have some other recruits extract the venom when we get back. Oh," He had nearly forgotten to tell him the news. I guess it's been a while since they've actually spoken so he couldn't be faulted for that. "I have a son, his name Is Hato." Yeah, let that one sink in for a hot second.

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
After filing the papers, Kaen would allow both his body and his mind to relax by sitting down. With, paperwork out of the way, Kaen directed his full attention to Kanmuri and continued their conversation saying, "I have some personal family matters to discuss with him. Apparently he intends to marry my sister..."

So the king has found a wife? Looks like the ruling family will be even more cemented in the Miroku Kingdom.

Kanmuri would think to himself as his eyes widened with surprise. Even as distant as he was from the Miroku clan, it still had a special place in his heart. It was his first home. His first family. His first loyalty. But also his first betrayal. The wicked ruler was gone for good, and the empty throne was taken over by, hopefully, a benevolent ruler. A queen would do well for the clan. A strong, female presence was needed. Women were wise and could do things for the kingdom men could not. They were necessary. And it had been a long time coming.

A bag of supplies would be quickly thrown by the costumed man in Kanmuri's direction. Unconsciously grabbing the supplies, Kanmuri would continue to listen to the words of is commander.

"The mission, however, should be pretty easy. We got off super easy with this mission, we should be back within a few hours I'm betting. We just need to kill ourselves a few scorpions and bag their stingers. I'll have some other recruits extract the venom when we get back. Oh, I have a son, his name Is Hato."

Nothing could have prepared him for this. A son? A whole son? It had definitely been a while since the two had seen each other, but it was quite obvious that Kanmuri was more than just a little surprised. With an agape set of eyes and dropped jaw, Kanmuri's expression was definitely different from its usual, cold expression. Should he had been happy? Should he be saying congratulations? There were just a lot of thoughts that ran through the Fang-Marked's mind. And as a result of that confusion, all Kanmuri could mutter was,

"How in the world did that happen?"

Was it an insult? No. Could it have been taken as one? Definitely. In fact, the question was really just asking to do more harm than good. It's obvious how babies are made. Yet he just asked how one was formed. Not to mention, he was essentialy asking his mentor to dive into his personal life--something ANBU don't usually do. The least you know about your partner, the more likely you are to come back from a mission alive if things go awry. But Kanmuri, obviously, just couldn't help himself. So now, it was time to wait. Just how would Shinku Kaen respond?

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Well you see, when a mommy and a daddy love each other very much," Kaen would start, a hint of sarcasm on his tongue. Pushing himself off of the table he would go to make a circle with one hand and extend his pointer finger in the other. "I'm just kidding, it's kind of a strange story. Not much to tell really. I can explain a bit on the way, we should head out." Kaen would walk towards the door and gesture for Kanmuri to lead the way. Once exited Kaen would close the door behind him and lock it.

A short while later...

Having just breached the Toraono Dojo's walls and enter the great desert landscape the pair were well on their way towards their goal. Puglist Scorpions were not rare by any means, but locating a hive could be difficult if you didn't know what you were looking for. Thankfully Kanmuri was along for the trip and would be able to help in this department. Placing his arms behind him Kaen would start to run alongside Kanmuri, ninja style! "Anyway, about the kid." Keeping his vision focused forward he would start up the conversation again. "Shortly after my encounter with Mother Suna I went to Lightning Country for a mission. This is when I was just a recruit myself. Myself and another operative named Joker went there to root out some nefarious dealings, the usual." Such were things in the life of an Anbu. Always a crooked deal to investigate, trafficking to track down, etc. "We had a lot of downtime between missions, was even able to stay a while longer for a sort of impromptu vacation, if you would believe I'd even take one. Ha ha ha!" A muffled laugh escaped from under his mask. "I started going to a certain bar almost nightly. Got to know the owner over time, and in turn she got to know me. I don't really recall how it happened, but one night after the bar was closed down I walked her home. One thing led to another and then I had to eventually return to Suna. We had a sort of unspoken agreement to not let it get weird, I had almost forgotten about her until her son... my son showed up out of the blue... well sorta. That's a whole other thing in itself, since I found him rather than the other way around. Kid managed to get himself picked up by some human traffickers. It's a complete lucky miracle that we even happened upon them at all." Kaen went on for what felt like eons. He wasn't one to go on tangents like this, maybe he was just excited. The whole notion of being a parent was still new and confusing for him, and getting to share it with someone else who cared even a little bit was more exciting. "I'm getting so sidetracked by this, lol. Keep an eye out for any signs of a nest. It'd be quicker to find one of those rather than to happen across them individually." What a nice day, to be able to get a mission done while also have a pleasant exchange with an old friend.

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Taking the low hanging fruit, Kaen would begin to sarcastically answer the Fang-Marked's question before choosing to address it.

"I'm just kidding, it's kind of a strange story. Not much to tell really. I can explain a bit on the way, we should head out."

The commander would then gesture for his trainee to lead the way out. Kanmuri did, and before long, the two had made their way outside of the great gates of Sunagakure. They were now in the desert expanse. The mission had begun. Pugilist scorpions were a common creature to encounter in the land outside of the gates. In fact, it wasn't uncommon to see a few make their way inside of the great country. However, the job the two were on required a little more than "a few" scorpions. Definitely more than a few. So despite passing a few Pugilists along the way, none were collected. What the duo needed to find was a nest. And while Kanmuri knew just how to bring them out, Kaen was currently leading the mission. So he'd follow his leader. But until then, conversation was to be had.

"Anyway, about the kid. Shortly after my encounter with Mother Suna I went to Lightning Country for a mission. This is when I was just a recruit myself. Myself and another operative named Joker went there to root out some nefarious dealings, the usual. We had a lot of downtime between missions, was even able to stay a while longer for a sort of impromptu vacation, if you would believe I'd even take one. Ha ha ha!"

Although Kaen would laugh, there were only questions in Kanmuri's mind. For example, who was this Mother Suna character? Who in the world was she and why did Kaen talk about her both as if Kanmuri should know who she was and that she was somewhat important? Actually, lots of questions popped into the mind of Kanmuri at the time. From their last mission together, Kaen had displayed his essence to the young boy. His godly, otherworldly aura took captive of not only the boy's soul. Kanmuri's mind was also captured. To Kanmuri, Kaen was god-incarnate. Even though Kanmuri had reached unrecognizable levels of strength, he wondered if he could even dream of matching his commander's power. But with that being said, why was a god filing papers? And why was he talking as if he was a normal human being swamped with work and commitments? It didn't make sense. Not one bit. However, that was neither here nor there. Kanmuri's faith wasn't at a point where it could be shaken. Not yet.

"I started going to a certain bar almost nightly. Got to know the owner over time, and in turn she got to know me. I don't really recall how it happened, but one night after the bar was closed down I walked her home. One thing led to another and then I had to eventually return to Suna. We had a sort of unspoken agreement to not let it get weird, I had almost forgotten about her until her son... my son showed up out of the blue... well sorta. That's a whole other thing in itself, since I found him rather than the other way around. Kid managed to get himself picked up by some human traffickers. It's a complete lucky miracle that we even happened upon them at all."

Kaen would continue to go on and on about his thoughts, opinions, and circumstances regarding his son, but Kanmuri couldn't pay attention. Too many things weren't adding up. What kind of degenerate god was this man...well...god? Going to bars every night? One would think that a god would hold themselves to a higher standard. In addition to this, he went and had intercourse with, probably, a regular human being. Had her DNA changed? But most importantly, Kaen's son...was he even human? Was he the offspring of a god? Or was he just another regular human being fated to continue down the inescapable cycle of hate and gift abuse? So far, the boy was experiencing life in a way most unfortunate people do. Being trafficked was nothing short of a norm of a lot of orphaned kids. It's a miracle he made it out, but one question remained. Would the son of a god let his circumstances build him? Or would he so unfortunately let them define him? Only time could time.

Only time would tell.

Eventually, Kaen got tired of hearing himself speak and would pass the microphone over to his partner. It was now Kanmuri's turn to speak, and with the mic in his possession, Kanmuri looked to not only move the mission forward, but to air out his thoughts.

"How do you plan on finding a nest of Pugilists? Do you have something in mind?"

After Kaen would give his response, Kanmuri would wait for a silence to take over--just for a little bit--before asking the main question on his mind.

"So Kaen, tell me. Just what kind of god are you?"

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Had the previously great and awe inspiring assumed God lost touch with his older, more divine attributes? It was true he had lost his edge, his dominating attitude and his unrelenting pursuit of power and ascension. Perhaps it was all merely circumstantial for the Hybrid. The saying you are what you eat extends towards socialization, you become who you associate with. It holds up, it would seem, as Kaen had indeed changed. His temper cooled and more sedated, his chaotic and unbridled rage suppressed. Even his hunger for souls had been diminished greatly. His deal with Sousuke was the turning point in all this, it gave Kaen a sense of purpose outside his sole reason for living. That reason, of course, was to ensure the safety of his sister, Kasen. Now, proceeding his private dealings with Lord Sousuke, Stewart of Sunagakure, the Shinku siblings had become a status symbol in Suna as Lords under Sousuke's banner. This came with land, reputation, but most importantly security. With the support of Sousuke they were nigh untouchable, which meant that Kasen would finally be safe, even if she disagreed with Kaen's decision to make this all a reality. What's more, Kasen was to marry Riyota, commander of the Ranger order. Kaen was no longer needed, his one purpose in life dissolved in front of his eyes. Kaen was floundering, going through the motions, trying to find that new purpose. Could it be Hato? Could it be becoming the leader Anbu needs? Or perhaps some mysterious calling in the near future, only Mother Suna knew, and only time would tell.

The moment of silence filled Kaen's mind with a plethora of wandering thoughts and stressors, but Kanmuri's voice would pull him from his mental stupor and focused his mind towards the task at hand. "How do you plan on finding a nest of Pugilists? Do you have something in mind?" To be honest, he hadn't really thought about it. He just assumed this task would be so easy it would almost resolve itself. With both Kanmuri and Kaen on the job he felt the mission to be a success already. The nests couldn't be that difficult to find, right? That said, he did have Kanmuri. Again, Kaen knew he knew where best to look, perhaps it was time to stop leading and follow instead. "I don't plan on finding them. You do." This statement would most likely be confusing, but there was a hidden meaning behind it, which Kaen would promptly explain. "To tell the truth, it was no accident that we were assigned to this mundane task. A recruit could have easily done this by themselves. And you are far from recruit status, at least in nature. Title, yes of course. But I feel it's high time that change..." He had a point to all this, but Kaen had a flare for dramatic, drawn out explanations it seemed. But he couldn't help it, he was just rendered that way I suppose. "What I'm trying to say is... After today I'm promoting you to full Anbu. No longer will you be a mere recruit, and no longer will I be your mentor. There's little more I can offer you as a teacher." He wanted this moment to be a bit more prestigious and not as informal, but these times of war and strife made it troublesome for any sort of extra, frivolous affairs.

Kanmuri would prompt him with another question he wasn't really sure how to answer. "So Kaen, tell me. Just what kind of god are you?" What did he mean by god? He was far from it, sought it, but not yet attained. The only god he knew of was Shiori, and she had been gone for many years now. Most likely biding her time and watching things unfold. He often wondered why she didn't intervene and save her people from the Unbent. But perhaps this was a lesson she was trying to teach us. By allowing these troubles to befall her people they would either be hardened by the experience, or succumb to destruction and force her to start anew. Gods were fickle beings, their perception of time was not limited by human limitations. A day might as well have been a hundred years to her and her kind. "My ascension to god-hood has yet to come. I am but a fraction of what a god really is. I wish you could have met her, Mother Suna that is. You know of her, right? She's the god of Wind Country, the original Earth Court Ancient of this land. She helped elevate me to what you see me as now. I was a lesser being before I met her..." This answer would only bring more questions, surely. But at least this way he wouldn't damage the reputation he had with his apprentice, but also was not a lie.

[OOC MFT]

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I don't plan on finding them. You do. To tell the truth, it was no accident that we were assigned to this mundane task. A recruit could have easily done this by themselves. And you are far from recruit status, at least in nature. Title, yes of course. But I feel it's high time that change...What I'm trying to say is... After today I'm promoting you to full Anbu. No longer will you be a mere recruit, and no longer will I be your mentor. There's little more I can offer you as a teacher."

Kanmuri's eyebrows would raise at the words of his teacher. This would be the first mission in which the two of them undertook where the Fang-Marked would be in charge. With all the past and unexpectedness the two went through together, there was always a constant.

Kaen's burning passion and power forcing a path towards their destination.

With heat rivaling that of the sun, nothing could stand in the ways of not only his flames, but his desire. Whatever he set his eyes on was already in his grasp. There was never a hint of doubt with Kaen. There was only certainty. Kanmuri was nothing like that. He endured a hellish life of torturing and abuse while always dreaming of leaving the Kyoujoran. Yet, he never did. It took enzymes placed into his body by another individual for him to find the courage to take a step forward. It took believing a delusion of love for him to be loyal. It took him swallowing his pride and losing an opportunity just to regain that said opportunity. But worst of all, it took him dying to learn the true meaning of life. The boy Kanmuri used to be was nowhere near close to the man Kaen was, and it took Kanmuri failing, multiple times, to see that. It was why Kaen had such a huge impact on the boy. It had nothing to do with him being a god. That was just the cherry on top. It was all due to the fact that Kaen embodied everything Kanmuri wanted to be. Kaen was his destination. But no matter how far he reached towards him, like reaching for the sun, Kanmuri would always get burned. In their first mission, he almost died from an ancient demon. With Tekken, he almost lost his one shot. With himself, he deluded himself into believing the false belief of a home and family with Miroku Akkuma. And he had to pay the ultimate price for that, taking the life of the first person he truly cared for. It was him who drove the sword through Akkuma's chest. And it was he who would have to carry that burden forever. It was because of all these truths that Kanmuri didn't feel any negative emotions towards Kaen's response to his question.

"My ascension to god-hood has yet to come. I am but a fraction of what a god really is. I wish you could have met her, Mother Suna that is. You know of her, right? She's the god of Wind Country, the original Earth Court Ancient of this land. She helped elevate me to what you see me as now. I was a lesser being before I met her..."

A smile grew under Kanmuri's covered face. Kanmuri had made himself believe that Kaen was a god at the tender age of nine. It was nothing but a misunderstanding, and it was a misunderstanding Kanmuri loved. Kaen wasn't a god. Kaen wasn't a demi-god. Kaen was human--flesh and blood just like him. And this meant one thing; his goals were attainable. No matter how much it burned to reach for the ideal that was Kaen, it could be attained. Memories then began to flood the mind of the Fang-Marked. Memories such as the proving his worth to the group of Fang-Marked. Memories of aiding in their survival. Memories of selflessness. Memories of a love so strong, that he was more than willing to lay down his life for his people. Yes, HIS people. Kanmuri had become a leader now. Leading a group of nomadic Fang-Marked, it was up to Kanmuri to inspire and lead them to the future--the same way his red haired mentor had done for him. He may not have been a quarter of a man that Kaen was, but knowing that Kaen was human--knowing that they were the same--was enough motivation for him to continue to grow and self-improve. When he was young, he had the idea of changing the world. A noble one, but not one he could carry out on his own.

But he'd be the catalyst in his own way.

Through the growth and inspiration of his clan. Kanmuri would attempt to bring forth an era of change. He would grow new leaders, stronger fighters, and better people--people who could change the world for the better. It may not happen in his lifetime, but it would happen. And that was all that mattered. Making the world a better place one day, and generation, at a time. Kaen had unknowingly played a huge part in what the man had become, and the person responsible for that was an Earth Court Ancient by the name of Mother Suna. Kanmuri had only heard the tales of her from the Fang-Marked. She was the closest thing to what a god was--ruling all the sands of Wind Country. Everything was her domain, and her strength was unfathomable. None of the Fang-Marked elders had ever seen her, yet here was Kaen--a normal individual--who was blessed with seeing her presence. If it was her that made him into who he currently was, then it was her Kanmuri wanted to meet. But if that may not even had been, so the long, white-haired man did the only thing he could do.

"Please, Kaen. Tell me everything you know about Mother Suna. How you her, and how she has impacted you. I want to use this moment to learn, and I'd be more than grateful if you blessed me with that opportunity."

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Please, Kaen. Tell me everything you know about Mother Suna. How you her, and how she has impacted you. I want to use this moment to learn, and I'd be more than grateful if you blessed me with that opportunity." It was not unusual for Kanmuri to be so interested in the affairs of his sensei, but it was not something Kanmuri would have pressed for many years now. Since growing up and becoming one with the Fang-marked clan he had managed to climb to new heights that dismissed any 'need' for a master. The original relationship the pair once had long since perished, but the bond they forged would never die. It was surreal and welcomed, the request for knowledge and understanding. It gave Kaen a sense of belonging to have the matured and dignified Kanmuri still long for his old sensei's words.

"I never took you for the religious type, but I would be glad to share what I know." Kaen's relationship with the rightful Queen of Wind Country was not as religious as one might expect. But merely a false interpretation on Kaen's part as to the exact nature of his benevolent benefactor. She was no more a god than Kaen was, but her power was as close to it as Kaen might ever see in his lifetime. In comparison to his own mortal, Hybrid status she most definitely was a god as far as human standards go. Her status as a true Lord of the Earth Court did place her on a pedestal of sorts in the hierarchy of this world's food chain, so to speak. And so Kaen would divulge what he knew about her, at least enough to appease his now matured apprentice. "It feels like a lifetime ago, the moment I first met her..." Kaen's tale would be most informative, to a degree. In all reality she seemed enigmatic and captivating to the soul, a presence exuded from her like no other being before. An interesting bit was the nature about her. It was the limit of the Earth Court to not pick a side, the desert takes no sides as they abide by the first law "survival of the fittest." All things should be to pass because they cannot and will not be changed anyways. "I was a different person back then. Reckless, unbridled rage clouded my mind, and body that day." His regaling story was at an end, at least this portion. There was yet more to tell.

And so he would continue his story, now placing both he and Mother Suna in Sora. "After my defeat that day I was hauled away and tossed into a tub of water until I regained consciousness. What happened next changed my life as I knew it permanently." This was the day it all changed for him, that 'aha' moment, the turning point where he finally attained a power like he'd never known before. He had become blessed by Mother Suna herself having received the monumental bounty of souls acquired over her life. What's more, Homura's Flame was entrusted unto him. It was of course disheartening to learn that Kaen was the last of his kind, the last of the Flame Court. But he was not made whole, he still lacked 'something', but he had yet to find that something. She even said it herself; "With his essence, you are almost a full Ancient. There is some pesky bits of humanity that remain," He was close, and yet so far away. His endeavor to become a full blooded Ancient would be something he'd spent his lifetime chasing down. "And then I never saw her again. But I suppose the affairs of the God of Wind Country are not subject to scrutiny, even to her chosen champion." He was, of course, referring to himself. She had chosen him to rebuild what was lost, given a prestigious mission and a goal worth seeking. His dealings with Sousuke had put that goal on hold, for now. It was hard to attain a fuller linage when you're not permitted to consume the souls of lesser beings.

[OOC MFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back