Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private A Stroll Through Deth Itself

Uchiha Kei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
“Well, this looks like a pretty spiffy place to have a bit of fun,” Kei began as he stopped just before the borders of the Forest of Death. “We could show each other some nifty tricks without shinobi showing up asking what the fudge brownies is going on.” He donned casual attire - nothing even worth mentioning. He was looking especially plain that day.

“Remember that day you showed me your Sharingan? That was pretty cool.”

This was not the same day. In fact, the two’s first meeting was a while ago. They did not go far from the shop they met at. What his Uchiha counterpart was able to show him was, of course, limited at that point since her stage was little more than the streets of Konohagakure. Now, however, it was a great expansive forest in the peak hours of the daylight.

“There’s a safe beaten path we can take, of course.” He ended his statement with a strong and sudden pose, superhero-esque in the way Japanese television would portray it. His face remained frozen in apathy throughout the whole ordeal. “Ninja adventure awaits.” Pulling himself into his former, normal stance, he started forward.

“Thanks for agreeing to meet up today,” he said with a grateful hand he almost waved, but instead allowed to remain elevated with his fingers relatively outstretched. “This used to be even more expansive somehow,” Kei continued as he turned his sights ahead of him once more. “I guess there was some restructuring so the location is more distinct. Maybe that’s why the past ninja were so strong. They may say something like, ‘back in MY day, we had to slay giant snakes on our way to the academy!’ Kei mockingly shook a single extended index finger back and forth.​

W.C: 296
<MFT>

Uchiha Masami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“Boy, this place brings me back…” The aptly named Forest of Death was the place her, and a handful of others, assembled at for their examination allowing them into the formal ranks of the forces. The trial surprised her, but she could say with confidence that the lot of them thoroughly had their expertise tested. It had been a long time since she saw any of her counterparts from those times, and she wondered what they were doing these days and how much they had grown since; whether it was as much as herself or if they had deferred to other pursuits.

It should have recalled somewhat traumatic imagery—what she remembered could have been plucked straight from a horror novel. Hopefully her company would have more luck and breeze through a less intensive course for promotion. Fortunately, Masami was endowed with a strong inclination towards situational—or perhaps sometimes outright general apathy and low energy. It proved difficult to summon the energy required to be appalled. Basically, it was more effort than she wanted to call upon.

“Yeah—It had been a minute since I used it outside of training. Like, speaking of which, this is probably the last location people actually seen me doing things that involve chakra and combat awareness…” Masami mentioned in passing, her tone bordering dejection. As much as she enjoyed her new responsibilities and her choice of work, a craving for something “interesting” hung at the rear of her consciousness like bile at the back of her throat. Was it masochistic or twisted to desire indulgence in these adrenaline pumping, dangerous situations?

Who knew.

Still, she was perfectly content with submerging herself in the depths of her books and research. Masami still wondered which subsidiary of her new Branch she should dive into once her tenure as a Medic in Training concluded.

Lips curling into a wry smile when she witnessed Kei’s posing, she followed him. Fleeting as her free time was, she managed to wrest hold of a less occupied portion of her day. Although the clip on her headband and the band around her arm differentiated her from an ordinary member of the forces, she still dressed relatively casually for the occasion.

“Hey, no prob. It’s always kinda nostalgic being here, as this is the place I had my latest exam when I became a Genin and all. crazy stuff,” The Uchiha clanswoman assured earnestly, easing her hands into her pockets. “In light of that, I advise you be as prepared as possible. Keep your arsenal real diverse and expect just about any situation. What you just said sorta sounds feasible, not gonna lie. Eerily close to the mark, man.”

[448 WC / MFT]

Uchiha Kei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
“Flips and flops,” Kei began as he turned to tumble a glance overtop his shoulder back to Masami. “The Forest of Death was used for graduation into Genin-hood?” Kei was so humoured that he let out a jocose puff of air. “I’ve heard it can be all kinds of things. The luck of the draw, I guess, depending on who it is assigned with the task.” Returning his sights before him amidst the conclusion of his voiced thought, the scenery grew from an ever-stretching entrance into a far-sweeping forest that had already swallowed the two whole.

“This is the only place that’s seen the latest of what I can do. I can’t find anywhere to throw things at without making way too much of a scene - and of course I don’t mean kunai.”

Kei was an interesting individual. His physical appearance suggested a meek air was one he favoured delving into. His speech did not exactly boom forward. It did not possess much authority or harbour a commanding presence. However, his actions betrayed both of these things. From behind, his company that day could easily catch Kei suddenly crafting a variety of hand seals. Which were difficult to tell. His body obscured them, but it did not take long for a pair of fingers to rise up and swirl between them an elongated bolt of fervid electricity. It eventually became large enough to take hold of with the whole of his hand. His walk broke into a javelin throw. With his front-most foot firmly planted ahead of him, the motion already having concluded, the spear of lightning blurred forward until exploding against the side of the giant tree ahead.

The C-rank lightning-style technique crackled in the wake of its disappeared body. “I haven’t had to do anything like that in the academy, so this place only knows about it, really.”

W.C: 310
<MFT>

Uchiha Masami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
For whatever reason, Masami appeared absorbed in thought. With a hand raised before her lips, she curled her finger and pressed it against her chin as she contemplated. Her short gait halted, her eyes widening as the sound of electricity snapped her out of her transient daydream. The lightning thief grasped hold of his quarry, its acquisition reminiscent of one of her sophisticated brush strokes, before it was jettisoned in the direction of one of the grandiose trees.

“That’s really impressive, actually. I don’t believe techniques on that scale are permitted for use on academy grounds,” Masami explained while she raised her arm and slung it around Kei’s shoulder. “But ah, speaking on that general topic, let’s peel back while we’re at it.”

If not resisted, the Uchiha woman would proceed to lead her counterpart backwards. Didn’t require much time, as they had only just trudged in. The brunette stopped once they were back behind one of the metallic perimeters surrounding the forestry, and then she exhaled. “Here’s good. I think it’s a good idea if we don’t directly go in, and just stay outside of the gates. I’m hazy if I have the authority to guide you around inside of it.”

That was the truth of the matter. Placing her upturned hands on her hips, she considered momentarily before nodding. “Outside of it is as open a space as any. Like I said, it’s impressive that you’ve got elemental natures down so fast—that helps me get right into what I wanted to tell you about, and possibly show to some degree. Have you heard of advanced elemental natures?”

[270 WC]

Uchiha Kei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
“Oh, really?” Kei asked in genuine, albeit subdued surprise. “I guess that explains why having to do something like it hasn’t ever come up.” Not long after Kei’s response, Masami issued a follow up as an arm swiftly snaked its way around him, coming to rest on his shoulder. Kei glanced towards it as he instinctively uttered an inquisitive, “huh?” Partial and but a whisper, it hardly touched the air at all before he was ushered into the direction from whence they came.

There was but a moment or two following Masami’s explanation of her choice of space. “...Oh, yeah… now that I think about it, this place is kinda off limits without a guide or something like that, right?” The question was more rhetorical than not, spoken mostly to the sky above as his eyeline fell upward. “Funny enough, I’ve kinda snuck around in there before a few times.” He scratched his head as he spoke. His face adopted some variety of humoured smile. It beamed with a not-so-concerned ‘oops’ more than anything else.

“Oh, yeah. I took it upon myself to look into those. Ninjutsu overall is just way too interesting to go at the academy’s pace with it.” With that, he moved his hands just ahead of his chest before weaving his fingers into a variety of different hand seals. When he was finished, not much appeared to ensue. The effects were subtle. The air encompassing him appeared to waver and for but a second, perhaps closer to a fraction of one, his feet only nearly touched the ground before he found his footing once more.

“This here is Gravity Release,” Kei commented as he began to move about the space with as much speed as he could muster. The interesting part of his movements were how sharp the directional changes were. He appeared able to turn upon a dime with very little delay and continue his dashes. Each permitted his body to skirt along the ground. His steps changed his direction, but he needed not touch the ground between those definitive steps.

He stopped adjacent to Masami with a hearty, “phew!” Of course, his face remained as plain and nigh apathetic as it usually did.

W.C: 369
<MFT>

Uchiha Masami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“Yeah. I did a lot of studying and training extracurricular during my stay, also having a particular interest in ninjutsu and genjutsu,” Masami revealed, before she glued her eyes to the string of hand seals Kei performed. Confusion became apparent in her eyes initially; without the aid of the Sharingan, she was incapable of perceiving the chakra that wreathed around his form. However, she did drink in the minute detail concerning the wavering of the air around him. Whatever the effects were, they were likely prevalent during movement or spurred on by a different factor.

“Oh wow…” Masami, to say the least, seemed particularly interested in the technique displayed to her. Given her own tendency to prefer evasive tactics when it came to the heat of combat, or at least in theory, she imagined it could pair together well with any eye techniques that may lend a boon to elusiveness. “I’m going to have to look into that—maybe you can help me out with training the required affinities or something. Would be nice, it looks like you can move in a pinch with a lot more control.”

While Masami spoke, she strung together hand seals of her own. Nothing destructive, just a technique more holistic in nature. The air surrounding her seemed to shimmer upon completion, eerie metaphysics becoming her domain as she seized control of an eccentric universal force. Myriad colours glowed and whisked around her in brilliant patterns, as though peering into a lava lamp, or gazing upon a cosmic anomaly on the night sky. “This is Plasma, a pretty versatile element. As you can see with this, doesn’t have to be harmful, but it can help you with subsequent techniques. Looks pretty as a bonus.”

[292 / MFT]

Uchiha Kei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
“Oh, yeah. Totally,” Kei relied. “I thought that maybe it would be best to play to my strengths than anything else.” He concluded his response by stretching his arms high above him - not for any shinobi sorcery, but to bestow what limberness he could in a brief moment of verbal respite.

As he settled into a casual stance, Masami found it an opportune time to display to him something of potential value. His attention fixated upon her as she wove her own pattern of hand signs. As she did, the air around her came under her influence; though, it was in a different way than Kei’s had been. Instead, it appeared to fill with the contents of a fluorescent glass tube, minus its glassy prison. Vivid colors burned around her, surrendering to the indecisiveness each possessed on any particular, concrete form.

“Ooooh,” he cooed after her explanation. “A plasma element. It does look pretty.” Kei was not entirely sure what its unique properties were. By assumption, it had them, and by what Masami hinted at, it most certainly did. “Subsequent techniques?” he echoed in an attempt to fish out some information about it.

“Finding a way to really fling these techniques sure would be a big advantage - if that’s what it means, I mean…” He paused for but a moment. “But then again, I guess I can’t neglect physical stuff, either. I gotta keep up on that side of things too. Kind of difficult what I should focus on working on right now…”

W.C: 253
<MFT>

Uchiha Masami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“It makes a lot of sense. My initial affinity, and even my eyes, cater to fire, so I’ve been working on that the most. Otherwise, I think I would have made that my first time investment as well.” It had a place in her studies in the future, and she intended to pick it up when she could. Currently, she worked mostly on her physical attributes because those were where she felt she had been stagnating the most when her regiment went downhill. Masami wanted to continue in that direction until she felt she hit a ceiling, and then she could allocate more time into sophisticated techniques.

"And yeah. Basically, this technique on its own doesn't pose any possibility of harm to any individual. It is, in essence, just a pretty light show. However, uses can be derived from it. If I were to use techniques of the same elemental nature with this as a medium, then in a nutshell it becomes harder to see coming, or from where," Masami explained, lowering her hands to her sides once more. Placing one hand on her hip, her attention shifted towards the myriad colours shimmering around her, as though she saw fit to bask in the amorphous rainbow to cement its initial lack of offensive or defensive capabilities.

"Hilariously enough, I like more solid elements the most, even though my very soul itself seems to revolve around elusive flames. No practical reason, I just think moulding and shaping actual solid, palpable things is cooler than what my strategy often amounts to." Closing her eyes, she rolled her shoulders in a nonchalant shrug before continuing. "I haven't been doing much in terms of technique refining, that's for sure. I need to get back on that. But right now, personally- I've been trying to just train myself in general until I feel like I've plateaued."

Uchiha Kei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
“Oh, I see,” Kei replied as he plopped a balled fist into an upward-facing, open palm. “You must spread it out and it like… conducts chakra. I guess that would mean techniques could be sent all throughout it and can pop up from anywhere within it. That’s pretty handy.” Kei liked the idea; but it was not something he could so easily pick up at that point.

There was something Masami said at one point. Only then, after her discussion of her training goals, did it dawn on him. “Oh,” he abruptly started, though not of a volume loud enough to startle. “Fiery eyes? You’ve got fiery eyes you said?” Kei seemed relatively excited at the mention of this. “That sounds awfully advanced. Is it from… this?” With that, Kei looked to her and summoned to his irises pools of red dotted with a pupil and three tomoe encompassing it.

“Um… wait,” Kei said with an accompanying gesture of holding up a hand. “Forgot that I can’t do this until ten seconds after turning them on for some reason.” He waited a moment. It was too long of one, but it was regrettable nonetheless. “It sure would’ve been a lot cooler if it just came right on, y’ know? Almost there and… SuPeR ShAriNgAn…

A tensing of the eyes urged the tomoe to meld, nigh flicker into interlinking, hollow ovals. They overlapped at the center, housing the pupil neatly, slightly ominously inside.

And then he was gone.

If Masami were to redirect her attention behind her, she would easily be able to spot Kei.

“Boop! Just like that. I know my mother sure was surprised when I showed her this. I feel like it’s not something every Uchiha can do.”

W.C: 289
<MFT>

Uchiha Masami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Foremost, curiosity eclipsed her expression. If the implications were correct, Masami only saw the notorious inheritance once before from another person. Masami produced a canned beverage from the depths of her pocket and cracked it open. Carbonation and sweetness filled her mouth with the initial swig, and then erupted from her nose when she choked on it from her instant fit of laughter.

“Yeah—good question. Who the hell knows...” Piecing her bearings together in the aftermath, she purged her airways with periodic, haggard coughs that shook her frame. Dispensing the back of her hand to wipe under her nose, she attempted to assuage the lingering itch in her throat with another attempt at her drink. Of course, the words that disrupted the motion in the first place pertained to the eccentric, obligatory persistence of the first form to progress to the next.

Preemptively, crimson overtook the coal pigmentation of her own eyes; the residual dregs of inky black forming the familiar triad of tomoe. As she fixed her now endowed vision on the metamorphosis before her, her lips grew slightly ajar in surprise. When he inquired about the eyes on their previous meeting, she never would have envisioned his development be that steep.

Blinking was more than enough time to lose visual, and only when she relocated her gaze behind her did she realize he made a mockery of the rules governing space-time. “It’s—from what my tutor told me once, no, not at all. How does that work, anyway? Your ability, I mean.”

Tension arose in her own eyes, blood vessels growing increasingly bold and prevalent. White-hot hatred plucked from her soul and distilled into her eyes, she welded the three tomoe together, devising a pattern within them akin to interlinked daggers. Another swig of soft drink later, and she upturned her unoccupied hand; white with occasional insidious flecks of black trailed from her fingertips in plumes, before diminishing into nothingness. “It’s alright, I guess.”

[321 words / MFT]

Uchiha Kei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Kei did love when he proved to be entertaining. He was slightly taken aback for he did not expect anything he said or done to enact such a perfect and flattering reaction. Of course, it was touched by a sliver of her own unintentional drollery, a gift in response to Kei’s own, perhaps, as he chuckled both briefly and softly after having bore witness to the unfortunate carbonated beverage mishap.

“Wouldn’t you know,” Kei began with his characteristic brand of casualness, most definitely prepared to speak upon a power brought into being through misery and anguish in the same manner he would speak about a dollar bill he had come across on his way home from the market. “After cultivating some real focus and will and bringing this about, doing something along the same lines created what I thought was a hallucination at first. Nope, it was pretty real as it turns out. I stared a hole into the fabric of space-time - made a little circle of black I could stick my whole arm into.”

He chuckled after a pause as if just then he came to the realization of something. “I never thought I was gonna get anything crazy like this when I first started out. This kind of thing’s barely, if at all, possible with regular Ninjutsu. I don’t even have to string any hand-seals together. It’s all in the eyes. I mean, if I knew this when I first started, maybe I would have focused more on other things. What can these eyes really do, even?”

Kei drew his attention to Masami who, as he expected, could do the very same and before he could. That was for certain. “Oh, what a cool design,” he said in a hush as he looked into her eyes with his own peculiar irises. “It looks very intimidating. I dunno why mine looks the way it does. It looks like a messed-up butterfly or something… I dunno.” He shrugged just as Masami lit the tips of her fingers, seemingly, with a brilliant flame of white.

“Sweet! There’s nothing round-about about that. That implies you can set things on fire with a glance. If looks could kill, am I right?”

W.C: 369
<MFT>

Uchiha Masami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“In my opinion, it’s reminiscent of one of those inkblot pictures; the ones that each individual has a different interpretation of. That ambiguous nature seems to speak volumes of the malleability of a concept as expansive and formless as the void itself,” Masami considered, finger brought atop her bottom lip. Nonchalant perhaps, although everybody handled trauma differently—she felt it unpolite to pry into what might have been a sensitive situation.

The Uchiha recalled when she was first told about the wicked process their infamous eye reached maturity—and she still had little idea how to feel about it; that the development of her prowess was fated to be steeped in anguish and despair.

A small chuckle followed, and her thoughts revisiting his earlier mention. “I’m glad the realization wasn’t too hazardous, though. An ability sounds like that, untamed, sounds like it could be dangerous. As for me, all I can say about it is I’m glad I was quick, mayhap out of desperation and a stroke of beginner’s luck, to pick up quickly on extinguishing it.”

The prospect of learning more about the mysteries of the eyes, or at least theorizing about them, sounded pleasant to her—but she wagered a change of location would be a good idea. Even if they weren’t in the forest, simply staring at the gates of it in the distance—she didn’t like the idea of it. She closed her eyes once more, regressing them to their dormant state, and blinked away the lingering fatigue and hints of discomfort that followed thereafter. “Hey, let’s head somewhere else. Even looking at the place from afar is giving me the chills.”

With that, the young woman turned around, beckoning for her friend to follow. Hopefully he wouldn’t mind them migrating elsewhere. “As to where, we can kind of decide on the way.”

[299 words / MFT]
[Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back