Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Study in Foxes

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward looked at his subject of study the fox CuRua. The Steward had 'borrowed' the creature through ... well it was slightly unconventional means of luring it into his lab with food. The Steward had put the fox on his desk as he ate, and continued drawing it. The Steward looked up and was detailing the ears as best he could. The Steward reached forward and gently held the ear. "Excellent form."<i></i> The Steward continued his drawing of the creature. The Steward still found it strange that this creature was not capable of speaking in common like Number Seven was. The Steward wished that CuRua was capable of communicating with him in some form. "Just... pause for one second. Yes. Excellent. Hold that position as I do the detailing of your eyes. Hrm. Yes. Ah--- no not quite like that."<i></i> The Steward frantically tried to draw the fox's eye. He was slightly disappointed as he was usually able to detail things greatly.

The Steward finished his drawing of the fox and looked at it. "I don't think my mother would appreciate it if I were to create a mechanical version of yourself. She still hasn't quite got over the fact I used the oven to create Kitchy. I don't know why she got so angry over it. It's not like she cooks that often, as we often go to House Toraono for dinner. I've tried cooking before... and most time I seem to fail at it at the will of some unknown force. I've had a kettle once explode on me, and in the same day I tried using the microwave and it melted my ramen bowl."<i></i> The Steward reached for his bag and took out a sandwich Kuro had prepared for him. He broke off a piece and offered it to the fox. The Steward at this rate was stuffing the fox so full of food. It amazed him that the creature maintained such a small size. The Steward hungrily ate his sandwich as he finished making his notes on the picture about CuRua's size.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was almost mid-morning by the time Yume got out of bed. She had spent the most part of the evening studying different acupuncture techniques and perhaps ways to induce a drug-less sleep. It was her dream to create a way to anaesthetize patients without causing undue harm to their livers and other internal organs. She opens a bleary eye and looks around her room for a hint of her fennec friend. A little disoriented she rolls over and looks over the edge of her mattress, slowly sliding off to rest upside down on the top of her head and peek under the bed. When she doesn’t see him there she continues to roll out of bed dragging her blankets with her before she crawls a little ways and stands up. Her hair was not at its most kept and when she heads to the bathroom she can hear her brother snicker downstairs where he must have caught a view of her as she exited her room.

Shut up. You’d look like this too if you had been passed out after a day of work and a night of studying.

Hardly. I always look beautiful.

That’s because you keep a brush on your bedside table. Vanity, thy name is Shinji.

Their conversation ends when Yume closes the door and washes up. Staring in the mirror after her shower, she pulls a few funny faces and giggles before brushing her hair out and leaving it down, bangs hanging partially over her left eye. This was her day off and she had nothing planned except to hang out with her reynard and perhaps fight with her older brother. When she leaves the bathroom, her hair was mostly dried and she was dressed in clean clothes. With rapid steps she descends the stairs and throws her arms around her big brother to greet him with a smile and a kiss on the cheek.

Hey little Lotus. How did you sleep?

Like a baby… and don’t call me that.

Aww, but it’s cute. You’ll always be lotus to me, kiddo. I’m surprised you didn’t go with CuRua when he left this morning.

With a roll of her eyes, Yume brushes off the reference to her inability to say the family name. When she was three she had a problem with hard sounds so her Guhs and Kuhs weren’t really enunciated and they often would come out sounding strange. In this case her pronunciation of Sagasu was more like saHasu. Eventually the nickname of Lotus (Hasu) just stuck.

She almost chokes on the sweet bun she had picked up for breakfast when Shinji mentions that the fox had already left the house. He rarely went anywhere without her and when he did, he always said good bye. She drops the bun on the counter and gives her brother a look.

CooRoo’s gone… When? Which way? Why?

Geez. Around 9am. Toward the Caduceus tower, maybe Keystone Prime. I don’t know. I can’t speak to him like you can. It looked like something had caught his eye.

With a quick hug, Yume bounds out of the house and down the stairs at a full run. Before she left her brothers embrace, he kissed the top of her head and whispered for her to “be safe”. It bothered Yume that CuRua would just leave without saying anything. Her nose was twitching once she reached the street and she picked up his scent with ease. Occasionally, she would bend down to sniff at the dirt and get a better idea of where he had been. A block or two from her house she discovered another smell that was mixed with that of CuRua and the shreds of rabbit meat that had been scattered every 30 ft or so… Steward Sousuke. Remembering his fascination with her friend and Kitchenzilla’s warning about his tendency to become obsessed, it gives Yume a bit of a kick in the pants as she sprints a little faster towards the R&D division. Rumour has it that he never does his research at home. It always took place at Keystone Prime.

When she reaches the building, she is breathless and gasping. Yume takes a moment to sniff the air, catch her breath, and figure out where the Steward would have taken her friend. At first meeting, it didn’t seem like he would harm him so the biological experimentation wing was out of the question. As she skims down the directory she comes across a section that appears dedicated to mechanical arts and metallic research. Recalling the Stewards affinity with metal and passion for steel, Yume decides that this is the best place to start and strides off in that direction, keeping her footfalls as quiet as possible.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward continued to eat his sandwich. The edges of the Steward's lips slightly turned up forming a very small smile. This expression continued to be on the Steward's face as he would continue eating his tasty sandwich while still making notes about CuRua. The Steward had with him an almost child-like glee that was never seen before. He made notes about CuRua's size, his estimated weight (which Sousuke was quite sure he 99% right on). Once finished his first sandwich he reached into his bag hoping that he had another. In which he did! The Steward took out that sandwich and unwrapped it. Again he broke off a piece for the fox, who seemed to be very good about this supposed hostage situation. It didn't occur to the Steward that Yume might have been freaking out due to her missing companion. The Steward's expression soured back into complete neutrality when this occurred to him.

"I wonder..."<i></i> Sousuke spoke with food in his mouth. He covered his mouth though as it was rude not to do so. He swallowed the chewed up bits of sandwich. "No offense, but I wonder why you cannot speak common like most Inuzuka companions. Number Seven is an odd exception too, but that's because some cruel fool worked on him and warped his original structure."<i></i> The Steward thought harder about the matter. It concerned him. "Hrmp. Perhaps it is something about a fox tongue that cannot allow you to form consonants? It must be something in the biology, you do strike me as a clever creature so it's not a matter of intellect."<i></i> The Steward didn't expect Curua to answer, but he would have been surprised if the fox so much as nodded his head. The Steward heard the door open, the Steward leaned back in his chair. A crumb of bread was on his lower lip which he removed. "Hrm. Company maybe? Perhaps I should go make some coffee."<i></i> The Steward rose up from his lunch and drawings and wandered over to the coffee pot. He had already scooped coffee into the filter, and had the water ready to go. The Steward merely turned it on. The Steward thought for a moment. "You must be thirsty, I'm going to get you some room temperate water because ice cold isn't good or so the medics say. Too much of a shock to our systems apparently."<i></i> The Steward grabbed a bowl and filled it full of water from the sink. With bowl in hand he returned to the table and placed it down for the fox to have at. The Steward reached out to pat the fox. At first his hand trembled slightly, but the trembling stopped as he made contact. Two pats, no three for good measure. The Steward picked up the second half of his sandwich and began to munch away on that too awaiting the company to reveal themselves.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was different for CuRua to have someone else prodding at him that wasn’t his best friend but the innocence in the Stewards demeanour and his gentleness gave the fox no cause for alarm. Plus, there was food. At the mention of his inability to speak, he shakes his head. It wasn’t a matter of biology, but simply a matter of will. He could communicate with Yume and never really found the need to learn to speak with others. His ears perk up at the sound of the door but he doesn’t move. If it was Yume she would find them soon enough, but if it wasn’t there was no point in causing a fuss by running off down the hall and making Sousuke chase him. The fox gives an ‘are you kidding me?’ look to the Steward at the mention of room temperature water. The explanation of icy water being bad for the system made sense to the little vulpes zerda as Suna wasn’t exactly a cool climate. He laps at the water and finds it to be on the cool side of room temperature and quite enjoyable. When the Steward pats him, he doesn’t flinch. It was odd for an adult to be so unsure around animals but it seemed to CuRua that he was hesitant around anyone.

~*~*~*~*~

Down the hall there is mumblings and a click. Seconds later the smell of coffee fills her nostrils and mixes with the scent of the Steward. Yume rushes down what is left of the hall and sees CuRua sitting on top of a workbench. Hurrying over to him, she lifts one paw and then the next, doing the same to the back legs before running a hand over each ear and then down his back. She puts one finger under his chin and looks at his eyes and around his face.

Are you okay? Why did you go? Did he hurt you?

I’m fine. He’s been most gentle. I noticed that he had been outside our place a few times in the passed week so I decided to go see why this morning. He had pig meat… bacon… or ham… Not sure. It was good. Salty.

Yume then turned to Sousuke, the look of worry on her features was slowly subsiding as she throws her arms around the Steward in relief. It hadn’t occurred to her that he might not want a hug or even be okay with human contact. Letting go, she wipes off the few tears that had managed to collect in her eyes before speaking with a strong voice.

You gave him pork. He says he liked it. Thank you for being good to him. Would you mind if I observed your studies?

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The fox made gestures like a human did. "I suppose when you can express yourself like a human you don't really need to speak. Though I would still think it would be helpful for you."<i></i> The Steward spoke as he began sketching a new picture of the fox's head. This time attempted to give CuRua a more human-like expression in the form of the look he was given earlier. It was then Yume rushed in and began to check her companion. The Steward continued drawing but took notes of CuRua's paw prints. Nothing measurements and lack of deficiencies.

The next thing he realized before he could make any additional notes was that he was being hugged. The Steward sat there with Yume's arms around him. The Steward went wide eyed as he was not used to such a thing. He once hugged Okibi, but that was slightly different, it wasn't quite so random. Even then the Steward was not used to such a thing. The Steward's eyes shifted from CuRua to the coffee pot, to the clock. This hug was going to last some time it would seem, more importantly was this how long hugs lasted? The Steward didn't say anything, he merely waited. Yume then commented at how he had been good to CuRua. "Ah ... yes. "<i></i> The Steward was now put in a difficult position. He had to explain himself in some manner. "I ... "<i></i> Sousuke placed his hand on the back of his neck. "I should have come to you first to inquire if it was alright to make a study of CuRua. I thought I would have been finished by now, but apparently not."<i></i> The medic then inquired if she could observe him, observe CuRua. It was a strange request but one the Steward would permit. "Ah... but of course."<i></i> The Steward motioned for Yume to take a seat. The Steward went back to his work briefly glancing at CuRua before continuing his sketches. The Steward went into detailing the eyes. The Steward attempted to give the eyes as much human detail as possible.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She sat and watched as the Steward made his notes, being very careful not to get in his way or ask any questions. She was more curious as to how he did is research and now that she knew her friend was safe, her demeanour had relaxed considerably. Being naturally curious, her own questions could only be deferred for so long. After about 10 minutes of complete silence, she breaks the peace with an abrupt question.

Why are you so intrigued by him? I’ve done quite a bit of research on him myself. He’s been with me my whole life. Are there any questions I may be able to help with?

The look she received from the fox told her that she was on the right track. Sousuke had been asking questions that could not be answered due to the fox’s lack of speech. For the moment their minds were closed to each other but CuRua knew that Yume wanted to garner all her information from the Steward directly even though it would be easy enough to just recount the last few hours. It was part of her method of research to play innocent, or rather assume nothing, until concrete answers were given.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward put down his pencil and turned his head to face Yume. For a moment it seemed like the Steward wasn't going to answer. He tapped the desk with his index finger three times. "My parents at an early age have done several things to try and get me to be more social with people. They used to take me to visit the Nekozukas and the Toraono clan. More often I found myself enjoying visiting Kimi's father more because he had a panther. Eventually Lady Azame took me under her wing in terms of training, so I learned to eventually socialize with people more over. still though animals have always seemed to have a better understanding of me than people do."<i></i> The Steward explained. He paused for a moment. "I'm not a biologist, but I've always enjoyed the company of animals. Merely because they come in so many shapes and sizes. My parents tried to get me to purchase a pet, but I am ... somewhat wary and hesitant because I might forget to feed said pet or take him or her out for a walk. Ultimately I forged Kitchenzilla as a sort of happy medium. She's self sustainable but still requires attention in terms of grooming and maintenance."<i></i>

The Steward looked to CuRua. There were plenty of questions to ask. "Did he learn human gestures from you, or it something he observed over time?"<i></i> The first question came. "If CuRua were to take a human form from the bloodline transformation, does the appearance resemble a male twin of yourself or is it something he merely creates?"<i></i> another question came shortly after. The Steward was a curious man it would seem, and he had many a question!

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yume listened intently as Sousuke recounted his history and educated her on his fondness for animals. She wondered briefly which category she fell under as she was human and yet had a very close affinity with animals to the point of almost being one. She began to bob her head in acknowledgement when he mentioned Kitchenzilla. That must have been the large mechanical canine she had seen at the Christmas party.

I recall your creation. You did very well, especially with its speech. I was able to understand it once I got used to its mechanical voice. I haven’t seen anything like it but I would expect that most people would simply make their creations go ‘Woof! Woof!’ than have them be able to speak, however your love of perfection would only lead me to assume that such an asinine thing would not be in your taste.

Then the first question. She hadn’t really noticed before but compared to other animals, CuRua was quite animated.

He’s always been that way as far I can remember. I think he picked it up through observation. I didn’t actively teach him, no. I have noticed that even though he doesn’t like to talk to people they seem to respond to his facial expressions and gestures quite well.

The next question was not one that Yume was prepared for. It had been ages since she had seen CuRua in his human form. The last time was when her father died. They used to always play together after Yume would come home from the academy. He was the closest thing that Yume had to a friend on the near surface. When Riki died, they stopped playing and he stopped changing. They would still train and share secrets but it was more serious.

His… human form? I… I’m not sure any more. I haven’t seen him that ways since I was nine. When we used to play he had his own form that was completely different from mine. He… He could talk then.

As Yume fell silent, a look of sadness over took her usually cheerful features. Her companion let out a small whine, keeping a fixed eye on her as his own expression became one of worry.

Why are you sad?

You went away. You didn't stop being there for me... You have always been you, but I miss how we used to play… how we would laugh and share jokes. I could forget for a moment that you were a fox and feel like you’re human.

Tears began to well up in the lady’s eyes, hidden behind her bangs as she keeps her head bowed and her eyes focuses on the ground. It was unspoken between them that this was just how things were going to be. There was no reason for him to be human any more. In fact they both found him to be more useful as a fox when it came to doing missions and classes. The reynard would look between the Steward and his beloved friend, unsure of what to do for a moment before making up his mind. In a mostly silent puff of smoke the fox transformed in front of the Steward. Instead of standing on the table, he was now sitting, ears and a tail the only remnant of what he really was. Even though he knew the Steward would have more questions for him, especially now that he could talk, his eyes didn’t move from Yume.

Neesan… please don’t cry
fennekin_by_miyumiakuma-d5rjpm0.jpg

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It seemed that CuRua for a long time was able to express himself as a human would. The Steward wondered if CuRua's cranium was larger for one of his kind, as it was perhaps not in the fox's original design to express himself in such a manner. Next Yume went into details about how she had not seen CuRua adopt a human form in quite some time. Something was amiss next as CuRua took his human form and actually spoke common. The Steward's eyes widened. His mouth opened and no words came out as he was most surprised by this revelation. Seconds later the Steward's mouth closed as it hit him what CuRua said. The Steward coughed. He wasn't exactly sure what to do when girls when cried. Okibi cried once, and apparently she stopped and got really angry at Tia. "Right. I have obviously exhausted this topic to a very painful point..."<i></i> The Steward thought hard about how best to change topics and quickly. He had to think... ah of course.

"I programmed Kitchenzilla to speak in the beast language .... because well only being able to say woof would be boring, I personally hate being a single-actioned entity, so I expanded the mind of Kitchenzilla to a higher form of conscious."<i></i> The Steward paused for a moment. "Bear in mind when I said to your brother that I'm not a psychopath, I'm a higher level minded singularly focused autistic directive with medium to extreme anti-social capabilities... I said single in the concept of focus. I don't multi-task well, and when I do I find that my works oftentimes fail to be at their peak form."<i></i> The Steward snorted. It would have seemed that Shinji had somewhat insulted Sousuke when he challenged the Steward on his grounds of a mortal person. In a way in stung him.The Steward stood up and walked to a window. He turned his back on Yume and Curua as he spoke. "Does your brother still toy with knives? I couldn't help but notice the nick on his hands when he attempted to shake my hand. By the light scar on his index and ring finger it seemed that he was toying about with a Kris. He had been addled by someone or something, I would think he was addled by a pretty girl and forgot he was twiddling with the knife and nicked himself, but he tried to hide the wound so he wouldn't embarrass himself."<i></i> The Steward coughed and turned his head. "Was she a brunette or a blonde? Your brother is a man of a roguish nature, but I do not think he would fall for a girl of a similar nature be that a girl who has outlandish hair colours mixtures like that of lime green, bubblegum pink, or deep violet. I think he would perhaps desire a ... simple and plainer woman who has a perchance for a wild night life, but only once in a while."<i></i> The side of the Steward's lip curled ever so slightly to almost form a grin. The facial expression, however, did not finish or form a completed grin for no more than a second.

Maybe it wasn't the best topic to bring up, but it was a different one.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the Steward talked about his creation, Yume took the time to compose herself, casting discreet glances towards CuRua trying to take it all in. It was really him, but different. Older… handsome even. The words that swirled through the room made their way to Yume’s ears as she began to focus on the present conversation. With all her extensive study of the physical aspects of humans, her knowledge of their mental capacity was quite limited. This being said, it was not lost on her what the Steward had mentioned.

*mumbled* Autistic… anti-social… singularly focused….

*normal* Your machines think like you. Is that why you build them?

The mention of her brother’s indiscretions brings a fluster to the young woman’s cheeks as she feverishly spins a lock of hair around one finger.

Yes. We both play with knives but him more so. He’s easily distracted, especially by women. I don’t afford myself such pleasantries and as such he makes sure to keep his out of the house. The rest of the family, the Inuzuka’s, don’t approve of him, partially because he lacks the traits of our bloodline and partially because of his actions…

…No. You’re right. His women are never outlandish. The last one was blonde. A tall leggy thing that probably couldn’t fight or be of much use when she’s not on her back… Everything I’m not, in fact.

Self-consciously her hand smoothed over her turquoise hair and looked around the room. Even she knew that sometimes her fondness of her brother went too far but she couldn’t help but feel jealous of those who acquired Shinji’s attention ahead of her. Clearing her throat quietly, she also clears her mind as her eyes return from their wandering to focus on Sousuke, lips turning up in a masked smile.

Besides, it’s your lucky day. CuRua hasn’t shown himself to anyone in almost a decade, let alone spoken around them. You say you do your best work when singularly focused… so do your best. He’s a very patient friend and will tell you if he doesn’t like something.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward's expression darkened. It was difficult to see but his eyes narrowed slightly as he was asked why he built his machines to think like him. "My machinations are not ... "<i></i> He paused for a moment. Where they like him? He gave some of them the ability to think. To act on their own accord. "I don't think, they think like me... ?"<i></i> He finally said after much hesitation. The Steward liked being prepared for questions, but this was something he was not prepared for. "We Takahashi are masters of steel, we have to a degree solved the riddle of steel. It's complicated, we're not great fighters, or illusionists, or users of ninjutsu. We create because that is all we know, or know best that is. We're not flesh crafters, we work with steel. My father was limited by the technology of his time, and so his creations do not think."<i></i> At this point the Steward realized he had derailed and side stepped Yume's original question. "I'm... not sure why Kitchenzilla thinks the way I do, even if she does. I suppose ... it's because no one will ever think like me, only me. I was ridiculed as a child for thinking the way I did, and no one would even ... acknowledge my concepts until I was capable of proving them myself."<i></i> The Steward waved his hand, as he usually did. "I suppose, there is comfort in companionship with one who has the ability to even comprehend one's idea, not adding or critiquing them, merely just being able to understand and listen accordingly."<i></i> It was an exhausting thought process the Steward had worked out, but perhaps it would suffice enough to answer Yume's question.

It seemed that the Steward in his assessment of Shinji was correct. The Steward seemed to cheer up at this fact of being right. The Steward seemed like he was on the verge of a facial expression. His facial muscles twitched for a moment. It was perhaps when Yume mentioned that the blonde companion of Shinji was not of much use except when on her back he paused. The Steward's eyes traced the ceiling of his work space. Her back? "Ah. Ah yes."<i></i> He spoke after a moment of silence as it came together. The Steward's eyes shifted from the ceiling to the side of the room. If the Steward had properly interpreted Yume's statement, then he would have no experience to speak of on the matter. The Steward's own relationship with Tia had soured of course, not that there was much to begin with aside from a friendship at an early age in life. Romantic love was something the Steward had difficulty in fully comprehending. The Steward was married to his work as many would put it. Sousuke thought the concept was strange. He took no spoken vows to be faithful to his work. It was merely a requirement of what he had to do. "Well..."<i></i> The Steward began weakly as he turned to face Yume, "You're very proportionate. I'm not sure why people are attracted to things that are grossly out of proportion."<i></i> It was a compliment of sorts. One of the Steward's better ones. "Not to be rude, but your brother's taste in simple women is somewhat disturbing. Considering your higher intellect, it would seem that genetics had skipped him over... and increased your brain power significantly."<i></i> The Steward would like before take a stab at trying to figure out what kind of person Yume would seek in companionship. "I would take it you would be invested in a male counterpart who would greatly appreciate medical work, and would perhaps work in the same field if not then of a similar intellect. They say opposites attract, but I do not think you were overly interested in Roku during the holiday celebration. I think like your brother, you would be more ... partial to a person of less outlandish features. I would think though that you differ from your brother in the sense that you would acquire a more useful companion who is not just merely pretty or handsome."<i></i> The Steward coughed. "That's just my analysis though. It is somewhat difficult with the opposite gender of course."<i></i>

It was then that the Steward returned to the fact that CuRua was in the room. There was another awkward pause. Sousuke got so involved in his little analysis of the Sagasu household that he had completely forgotten about CuRua. The Steward's eyes shifted over to the new form of the fox. "This transformation is itself imposed or is it of your choosing? Number Seven is at his choosing, or so he says. Doberman and fox biology are different in forms of skeletal structures and size naturally. It may also be the fact that Number Seven didn't like being called old by my mother. The blonde hair colour is of course different from Yume's. Some Inuzuka famaliars try to replicate their owners, but due to the difference in gender between the two... I guess this is to avoid... complete and total embarrassment?"<i></i> The Steward coughed. He didn't want to say it, but he hoped he wasn't as they said 'threading on egg shells'.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young woman began to shake slightly as she tried to conceal the mixture of joy and bashfulness that tinged her cheeks a rosy pink. She had always thought of herself as rather awkward when it came to her stature. Even though she had grown out of that stage years ago, she couldn’t seem to picture herself quite as the young lady she really was. Perhaps it was her innocence when it came to matters of the heart. She’d had infatuations, small crushes here and there but no… er… experience, one might say; and that was fine by her. A lover would only get in the way of her studies. She felt the heat on her face increase as the steward went on to compliment her intelligence, even if it did come with a truthful insult to her brother. Despite not being terribly bulky he had the brawn between the two of them and she most certainly was the brains. With a sweep of her hand, Yume tucks a stray lock of her turquoise hair behind on ear and looks up timidly.

Profession wouldn’t be so important, but intellect would be. I think if they were in the medical field they might be critical of my work. We can be an incredibly competitive bunch and I would hate for that to cause a rift in a relationship. Maybe and ANBU or even someone who was not a shinobi at all but still had a passion for something, like art or teaching. I think it would be a compatibility of energy, more so than simple physical attraction. I suppose my intelligence comes into question when I say I want to be in love, rather than something practical like bettering my family line by marrying into a rich clan.

CuRua watched their exchange in silence, keeping an eye on Yume with a tender smile. He was protective of her for sure but he was always aware that in her eyes, Shinji was her hero. As her companion they were always together. She never had to worry about loosing him. Her brother on the other hand might one day disappear either by choice or by death. On that day, CuRua can only hope that she’s found someone to love. A pet can only comfort so much.

With a tiny twitch of his nose, he realizes that Sousuke was looking at him… actually talking to him. Clearing his throat with a bit of a shrug, he ventures to answer the question.

It’s mostly by my choosing. I am, of course, a smaller creature so one could assume that I’ll never be of the same stature as someone like Seven. Yume naturally has a unique hair colour to most people so it would have been odd if we both stood out like that, however appearing like twins isn’t so uncommon in the Inuzuka family. There are others who have familiars of the opposite gender too, so awkward wasn’t a factor… unless I took the shape of a woman. THAT would have been awkward. If I were to guess, it would be because I am naturally blonde, by my fur, so I kept that instead of trying to look like her.

Hoping it was a good enough explanation, he smiled at the Steward as his tail swished gently behind him, his ears laying mostly flat in an expression of comfort and happiness.

Further to your question earlier, I spent a lot of time when Yume and I were younger as a human so I learned the facial expressions as any child would, through observation. When I started to stay as a fox, I continued to express myself as a human would, even to the point of using howls and yips to talk. Of course, Yume could understand but Kara and Shinji saw it as being cute. Eventually, I started to talk to Yume through our natural empathic connection and stopped making much of any noise at all to other people.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I wouldn't say that... marrying to better one's family monetary wise isn't so much a matter of intelligence. "<i></i> Sousuke began. "Some do it out of ... a sort of necessary. I wouldn't call that intelligent, perhaps I would it desperate or greedy?"<i></i> The Steward shrugged, "Well, I suppose it would depend upon the circumstances, but I think people would be intelligent enough to realize that it would be in their best interest to seek a companion they would not regret."<i></i> The Steward wasn't entirely sure why he was having this conversation as he was not experienced on the matter, but it felt right to him. "I can't always be right in my assessments, but I will indeed make not of this."<i></i> The Steward noticed Yume's shaking. "Are you ... alright? Your face is slightly flushed. Are you running a fever?"<i></i> The Steward reached out to pressed his palm against Yume's forehead to make sure her temperature was not up.

Following his check up on Yume, CuRua spoke. The Steward blinked as his common was exceptional. It didn't have a dialect like Number Seven's did. "I suppose it would be awkward to have a form which does not match your own in geneder."<i></i> The Steward paused for a moment thinking about what CuRua had said. "Ah. Fascinating. Yes I forgot to take that into consideration... your natural hair colour that is."<i></i> The Steward's eyes focused on the ears and tail. The Steward was silent for a time. He was making measurements with his hands. "Your change in size, I'm still trying to grasp it. Considering I was holding and petting you back a few months. This is not something I can easily ... adjust to seeing as how I would have to be in my mark one armour to even pick up Number Seven. Even then I would have some difficulty."<i></i> The Steward spoke as he was still getting over himself. "Those ears, is your hearing further enhanced? Number Seven has exceptional hearing, but he's ... genetically modified."<i></i> The next question came. The Steward continued to listen intently. Ah. So it seemed his expressions were learned. "What an exceptional being you are. Tell me, when you saw Kitchenzilla for the first time, did you think her to be an ... ah ... er... abomination? Some have critiqued me harshly for making my own animal companion... my parents in specific. "<i></i>

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She’s not sick, sir. She got this way around Haru-san last year sometime. She doesn’t usually get attention from males.

shutupshutupshutup… oh my goodness CooRoo… shut up!

What? It’s true. You need to start putting yourself out there more.

He. Is. The. Steward. NO.

But…

NO!

During the exchange between Yume and her friend, there was almost no indication that the conversation had occurred other than the metaphorical daggers that were coming from her eyes and being thrown in CuRua’s direction. The fox on the other hand had been sitting with a pleasant grin on his face after translating Yume’s reaction. They were both used to having these little ‘chats’ and had become good at hiding what they talked about or that they were even happening. Without pausing too long after Sousuke asked his next set of questions, CuRua carried on the conversation, now ignoring Yume until she calmed down a little.

My hearing is normal… well… normal for me. It would be considered enhanced by human standards; however Yume has the same level of olfactory and auditory sensitivity as me. You like that? She taught me those words. Also, I would have to change in size considerably or else I’d be no bigger than a three year old. I grow and age as Yume does, but I’ll never be really tall. I think we measured me once. I’m 5’6” at the top of my head.

The answer to Sousuke’s question hovered on the fox’s tongue for a second to see if Yume would answer. When she didn’t, CuRua continued on.

Not at all. The amount of detail that went into her is magnificent. She would be an abomination if she was incomplete or perhaps if she was improperly made… but even then, if she is as you designed her to be then no, she would not be an abomination. She would be as she was meant to be… That’s not just me saying it either. Yume has also expressed interest in your creations. She likes learning about things that people are passionate about.

Yume had retreated into her mind to process her own observations and take in the conversation the guys were having in front of her. She glanced up, curious as to CuRua’s response to the final question only long enough to see him start talking and then was back to thinking, lips moving ever so slightly. When there was a lull in the conversation, she blinked as if coming back to reality and noticed that her fox had been staring at her. Still a little upset by his antics earlier, she simply looked at the Steward with almost child-like curiousity.

Mark one. Meaning it is expected that there would be a mark two, three, et cetera… You have made advancements in armor? May I see? …unless it’s a secret; then it would be rude of me to ask.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward listened to CuRua explain what was going on with Yume. So, it seemed that Harupia too had experienced this? The Steward's eyes looked to the ceiling as he was trying to grasp exactly what was going on. She wasn't ill. She gets like this in front of males when paid attention to. The Steward was slightly confused. He was giving her his full intention this entire time, what was it about these past few seconds that had changed things?

At any rate the fox returned to answering the questioned asked earlier. The Steward was impressed by CuRua's use of words as per their proper usage. "I did like that indeed."<i></i> The Steward stroked his chin. "I thought once to give Kitchenzilla a potential growth over time mechanism, but the power source I was going to employ was ... faulty and too questionable. Natural mechanical growth is something not entirely probable at this point in time."<i></i> The Steward's eyes lit up in a way when CuRua spoke of how his own pet was not an abomination, but something quite the opposite. "That puts me at ease. My mother went on for a time about how it wasn't natural at first. Granted ... she's not an animal person in general. She has a small affinity for cats, but she still hasn't quite gotten used to Number Seven in the house."<i></i>

The conversation then took a turn as Yume inquired about the Steward's mark two armour. The Steward nodded his head. "That is the plan. Granted my work for Mark three is still on paper."<i></i> The Steward reached into his lab coat and pulled out a necklace. The shape of the pendant was in the form of a horse head. The Steward tapped the pendant three times and stepped back. "Careful now..."<i></i> The floor panels began to open up. A large metal form rose up from the panels. The form was a mixture of silver, red, and blue in various areas. It was humanoid but very angular. It towered over the Steward who simply looked up to look at it in the eye. For a moment it seemed like the suit of armour was going to come alive. "I've finally gotten over the overheating issue it was having. Granted it still has to go through test runs of various sorts. Increased defensive capabilities, resistance to hazardous environments. Not to be massed produced on any scale whatsoever. This is how I level the playing field with the more ... powerful members of our village or how I intend to deal with higher level threats. It looks blocky, this I can agree to, but it isn't slow. It's capable of phase movements starting in the sixth vector."<i></i>

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yume squeaked quietly and stepped back so that she was behind and off to the side from Sousuke when the ground started to move. Her eyes lifted from the ground as it rose, waiting to see how tall it was before examining the features. While the steward talked about his progress, Yume listened intently. She nodded as he mentioned the overheating problem but could be sure that if he went into an in depth explanation she wouldn't have the slightest idea what he was talking about. When the mention of vector movement came up she nodded again but her eyes had a vacancy to them that gave away her ignorance. It was evident however that even though she didn't understand, her nods weren't meant to be rude but rather acknowledging the concept and storing the information for later.

Sixth vector... Is that good? I suppose I'm a little ignorant when it comes to this. Do you wear it? Or is it like Kitchenzilla and moves on it's own. I know you said it was armour but it's rather giant for it to be worn... or am I missing something?

There was no tone of criticism in her questions, just a lack of understanding. She worried for a moment that her inexperience would upset him as he seemed to have no tolerance for idiocy. Her forehead pinched a little in worry but she hoped that she could pass it off for earnest interest. CuRua watched their interaction with a grin. He couldn't be happier at the way Sousuke's dry intellect and Yume's sweet mannerisms meshed so well. Standing up, he brushes off his bottom with both hands before walking over to where his friend and the Steward stood. He took in the metallic form in his midst, looking it top to bottom with his arms folded across his chest and his feet spread just over shoulder width apart. During his observation of the suit and subsequently of the room, he looked over to Sousuke and gave him an 'up-down' look. They were similar in height with Sousuke just a few inches taller than he was however the Steward had more of a striking figure than the fox. CuRua always felt a little lanky and scruffy despite being a baby face. Trying not to over analyze the Steward, he would lean up to whisper in his ear, ensuring to keep his voice down so that Yume couldn't hear but to enunciate so that Sousuke could.

Sir, she got like that because you complimented her and she liked the attention from you. You could say she's fond of your company. It's not just politeness. Try it again and see if I'm wrong if you want to test it. You know... Science and all.

Foxes are often known to be sly and cunning but CuRua never saw himself that way. He considered his actions to fall under the realm of 'helpful'. He had been with Yume since they were kits and knew her better than anyone. Due to their biological differences he could never love her, but he did feel a sense of duty in helping her to be happy.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward understood that few could keep up with his theories and quantum metal cero physics. Perhaps the one person who could keep up with it was the Toraono engineer. Even then he would go into a realm of metal working that the Steward had a harder time understanding because the ideology was based on weight-psionical integers. "The sixth vector is ... phase movements upon force of will or the simple thought. Think of it like shadow dancing consistently without exhausting. I can continually move in a blur if not invisible to the naked eye. Well... most naked eyes. Some can be trained to see motions in the sixth vector but those people are rare. Lady Azame of the House Toraono can see me move in this armour, and even she said I was slow. Her movements are ... not quantified or currently explainable. I have a theory behind that, but it is not proven fact."<i></i> The Steward explained. He was alright with explaining the concept to her because the Steward was quite sure that there were many things in the realm of medical science he did not get. "Yes. I do wear this. I wear it ontop of my mark one armour. It may seem larger, but I have certain triggers and interlocking mechanisms to pull to engage in movements. Kuro if he wanted to could break my hand in a handshake even with my mark one design, but with the mark two I can withstand his handshakes and not even have a structural integrity fail."<i></i> Sousuke thought to his childhood of when he was first introduced to Kuro. Yes. he nearly did have his hand broken, but that was because the Steward did not wince or cry out when Kuro shook his hand.

What next occurred came as a bit of a shock. The Steward was approached by CuRua and spoken to in a hushed voice. This meant that this was spoken in confidence. The Steward was given pause. Someone actually enjoyed his company? Granted there was his parents, but that was natural. Even Okibi from time to time grew frustrated by his presence when he was with her and Shiraha. House Toraono was put on the same level as his family, due to ... his upbringing and partial genetic makeup. The Steward stumbled for words. "I am highly appreciative of your interest in my armour design. It is very rare for one to even take a moment of their time to even grasp the science I am working in. Okibi and Roku seem to ... phase out when I begin to describe the science. Although when I speak of my work, and you have your work they are ... as they say 'apples to oranges', it is most refreshing to have a colleague in the larger realm of the category of science to have the slightest form of interest in a field that is not their exact comfort zone. I am positive that there are several thousand medical techniques that I too am ignorant to, but I would think you would be able to explain the base concept to me on a ground that is even to mine."<i></i> The Steward nodded his head. "An open mind is a rare thing these days, but to me they do not go unnoticed. In addition most open minds are ... mmm most wonderous."<i></i>

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The reaction was almost instantaneous. A small, sweet smile crept across the Inuzuka’s lips and brought a rosy tinge to her cheeks. While not as bright as before, it was evident that the Stewards words had an effect on her. His appreciation made her heartbeat quicken a little and her fingers began to twist and entwine with each other behind her back in an attempt to keep her from getting too nervous.

It’s my pleasure, Sir. I enjoy sharing in people’s passions even if I don’t understand them fully. I do not mean to, as you said, phase out during your explanations but there is a lot to understand and I try my best to keep up.

She had managed to keep her reaction in check for quite some time until he mentioned the possibility of her explaining her medical studies and his affection for an open mind. At that point her cheeks flared up and she found herself bowing until she stared at the floor in an effort to hide it. Stammering out her reply, she raises her body up but ensures to keep her head tilted down a little so that her asymmetrical bangs can cover one of her right cheek. Had she tucked her hair back, it would be evident that her clan markings were nigh invisible against her blush.

Yes Sir. I suppose it is true that our studies are very different but research follows a comparable process in any field. I’m currently trying to find a way to numb a person’s nerves in order to perform surgery by using acupuncture. It would be anaesthesia without using chemicals. My hope is to find a way to allow rapid awareness and minimize the time required for observation post-op while still successfully placing the patient into a subconscious state, perhaps even in stasis. It would be used when having to perform delicate procedures in the field when drugs are not always available. So far I have been able to achieve a complete stasis, however the nightmares are excruciating and could mentally damage the patient while trying to physically mend them. Unfortunately, human subjects are difficult to come by when one is completely candid with them.

It took her a moment to realize that she had explained her research without even the slightest hesitation. The bashful edge had melted away and was replaced by a passion for her advancements. Heart still beating wildly in her chest and a flush still on her face, Yume takes the opportunity to grasp at the moment of boldness.

I wonder, Sir, if it would be possible to combine the concepts of genetics with your ability to forge steels in order to create living metal. It would do wonders for repairs on the human body. Children with lost limbs could have a bone grafted in that would grow with their body. Muscles could be replaced with hydraulic components in the event of irreparable damage that could still mend itself… But perhaps I spout nonsense… I apologize for my foolery.

The brief moment of freedom had passed and Yume’s eyes descended again to focus on Sousuke’s feet. She was feeling rather idiotic for getting so caught up in the moment and the scarlet that had held to her cheeks spread down her neck with embarrassment. The Steward was a busy man with a village to run. He probably had no time for the likes of her and her silly idealistic research.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward listened to Yume's explanation of her current studies and how she had head a roadblock with stasis conditioning. The Steward nodded his head and wondered why exactly the mind would go to such a dark and dreary place when not conscious. Perhaps the unconscious mind held to it a power of sorts that embodied a full state of existence of the worst kind? "Curious that the mind would revert to a state of terror of sorts when not active. I suppose it boils down to one's experience and how they make up the sum of the individual."<i></i> The Steward paused for a moment trying to recall if his favourite author Sage Khan had written anything on the matter. Nothing came to mind right away, but the Steward wondered if the man had any idea of power of the dreamt mind. "I do wish you great success in your undertaking of trying to solve the predicament of your research. Once perfected, I am positive it will make a difference in the grand design."<i></i>

The conversation took a turn to something the Stewardwas somewhat famaliar with. The concept of a bio-metal. "The riddle of steel does allot for this concept."<i></i> Sousuke began. "The problem with living steel is that ... like a transplant the host must be able to completely able to accept it both physically and mentally. I am limited at these times to proceed with even smelting the materials, the concept was first pondered upon by my great grandfather. He of course didn't push the subject because he feared too greatly it would align itself with human puppetry which we Takahashi frown upon greatly. He was an individual of antiquity and did not desire to be called a heretic."<i></i> The Steward paused. "We Takahashi are capable of making limbs of steel, but they are limited in ways. Over the past fifty years we still frown upon the concept of human puppetry, but we have gotten to the point where we are comfortable with prosthetics because the mental state of the individual is not override or compromised."<i></i> This was a grey area for the Steward himself. He could understand why his ancestors mistrusted the concept of living steel but he could also understand why it could be helpful in the medical world.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The thought of medicine being abused had never crossed Yume’s mind. It seemed preposterous that someone would take something that could do so much good and corrupt it for their own selfish purposes, but she wasn’t so naive as to assume it impossible. She had heard of many shinobi that would do anything to win, even at the cost of their own soul. She simply nodded at the Stewards sentiments about living metal, acknowledging them as valid but unsure how to comment. Instead she pursued the topic she did understand.

I believe it to be how the needles are applied. Currently it stimulates the pineal gland which produces serotonin and causes a deep sleep. This is known to have the side effect of causing the subject to have vivid dreams. The problem I’m facing is that it appears that the amygdala is also stimulated. This part of the brain is responsible for memory and emotional response. As shinobi, our strongest memories are often not pleasant.

In all honesty, most of my test subjects have had something horrible happen in their lives at some point or another. Perhaps if it were tested on someone who had pleasant memories it would have different results. It keeps me up at night, but in a good way. I enjoy the research.

For a short moment she wondered if her research into anaesthetics could eventually be abused for puppet masters but quickly pushed it out of her mind. It would do no good if she constantly worried how her research could be twisted for some evil design. Her objectives were pure and she could only hope that what she discovered would be used as intended. Due to how observant Sousuke is, he most likely would notice how calm Yume had become whist describing her ideas. It was a comfortable thing, almost as if this was her in her natural habitat. One could wonder how she and Shinji were even related as their interests were so vastly different.

Seeing his friend enter a state of tranquility CuRua would revert to his fox form, leaving Yume and Sousuke to enjoy each others company. If he recalled correctly, there was still a half eaten sandwich in a bowl for him. Meddling made him hungry. His departure was unconsciously noted by Yume but she wasn't concerned. She was thoroughly enjoying her time with the Steward and now that her curiosity was piqued, she was in no rush to leave.

You say it's armour... Care to show me? I recall that you're not one for fighting, but more one for defence. I can only assume that this armour was made for your personal use aside from being a point of study.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back