Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Totally Ordinary Day of Errands [Open/Solo Self-Modded Mission]

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The gap between the moon, high up in the sky, and the very edge of the horizon, far away in the distance, was growing smaller, and smaller; leaving streaks of brilliant orange red sky in its wake, the retreating nighttime was slowly giving way to the desert morning — the heat of day would be upon the land, soon.

Kazukura surveyed the land before him from his perch atop a small rock outcropping that jutted barely an extra few feet out of the ground — it was practically a mountain in a sea of sand. His crimson red eyes were hard and meticulous, passing over each new stretch of land before them with the same intensity and sense of purpose as he had done the entire morning, looking ceaselessly for the handful of herbs, plants, and weeds, which made up the short list of items he was responsible for resupplying. Drawing a piece of beige cloth hanging around his neck, meant to cover his head when the sun inevitably began to bake the land, over his mouth and nose to keep wandering dust out of his lungs, Kazu began to mentally review the list of needed items. Prickly Apple extract. Rose Cactus spines. Knocksroot. If I can find them, maybe even some Pink Thimble-Berries for cooking? Definitely as many Wax Fruit leaves as possible. What else…?

His muscles relaxed a bit as he settled in for a little consideration. When his mind started going, Kazu could be sure he’d get lost in his thoughts somewhere along the way. Do I have enough time before the sun rises? Did I bring enough pouches for gathering materials? What do I do if I run into a wild animal? His mind was always spinning, about something or another, and it tended to be a little tiring from time to time. Truly, he knew what needed doing: he’d already gathered the majority of the supplies he needed and would heading home rather before the sun rose fully; the belt pouch he had strapped on over his dark brown traveling pants and the small bag he carried on his back had more than enough room to carry the scarce supplies he was sure to find; and if he ran into any sort of creature he would simply fight his way out. The fact of the matter was less that he was concerned about the matter at hand, and more so about the so-far-un-encountered threat that the former Steward-Kazekage, Takahashi Sousuke, had mentioned during his broadcast to the entire city a few days ago. The mechanized man had referred to this threat as a ‘horde’ or a ‘swarm’ that they would fight off, but Kazu knew better than that. It’s just some roaming bands of thieves and highwaymen. I can take them.

Besides, if the threat really was that great, then why would he be allowed out of the village? Can't be that dangerous if they think I'll be fine out here on my own. Stuffing that little inkling of doubt into the back of his mind, Kazu kicked off from his rocky perch to continue on with his search — he didn’t have all morning to sit here considering every possibility.

Steadily, and mindfully, Kazukura proceeded with caution. His eyes peeled and head on a swivel, Kazu was ready for an encounter with anything. He was no stranger to this countryside, having grown up in a family that regularly took ‘survival trips’ out into the desert — really, Kazu just thought Ryohei wanted an excuse to be extra tough on him and Enishi where no one else could see. He knew quite a good deal about the various flora and fauna around him; which were edible, which were dangerous, and which were useful. Maybe those survival trips really were useful? Scowling, Kazu resolved not to give that scaly old lizard of his father any more credit than necessary, even within his own thoughts.

Sand crunched underfoot, a cold wind picked up, and suddenly Kazu was nervous. You’re just being paranoid. Forget about it. No, he was certain. He could doubt himself all he wanted, but if there was one thing the young boy knew it was that he ought to trust his instincts. He was a natural fighter, a survivalist, and above all too stubborn to back down once he set his mind to something. Something’s here. I can…hear it? Smell it? Closing his eyes for a moment, Kazu’s breathing slowed as he focused his attention inwards. What do I feel?

He felt the wind blowing in from the North East. He smelled something on the wind; vaguely rotten, or perhaps unwashed? There was something else — he heard the faint sounds of animals scurrying about, rushing to find cover, as if expecting an assault of some sort. The beasties are all worried. But of what? The worst of the predators would have long since found refuge from the fast approaching day. He hardly thought the anxiety from the animals around him could have been his doing alone; though the thought amused him, he wasn’t nearly that much of a threat. Then what could have…?

Slowly peaking a tall dune before him, Kazu kept low to the surface of the sand to avoid being seen while he peered out. As soon as he saw them, he was glad he’d thought to stay hidden: a group of thirty or fifty humanoid shapes shambled aimlessly through the desert, ignoring terrain, cacti, and other common obstructions as if they had no concept of mortality. Is this The Swarm? Kazu quickly realized he would not be able to fight against those sorts of numbers — maybe a couple at a time, if he was careful, but certainly not an entire group like this. His recklessness had gotten him into a sticky situation, again.

I knew this could happen. This is all my fault! Anger and frustration, at himself, began to boil up from within. No! I need to focus. I need to get out of here! Backing away slowly, Kazu thought the best solution would be to merely backtrack to where he’d been before. Yet, in his panic and surprise at seeing before him what he’d thought was merely exaggeration, it was not to be — the boy heard shuffling behind him, only to realize too little too late that a scouting party had circled around and caught him in a pincer tactic. Ambling up to him from behind were another five or six soulless figures; little more than walking puppets.

”Well that’s just brilliant, isn’t it?” Crouching into position, Kazu knew he’d have to fight his way out. I should have brought a headset with me…

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Orange-vanilla rays washed over the sea of gold that was the Sunan desert expanse. The faint remnants of moisture still clinging desperately to the air gave notice to the sun's approach. A soft pidder-padder could be heard in the distance. Tiny plumes of sand erupted in the wake of the redhead's fleeted steps. 'There's a trail leading due south.' Kaen's voice would transmit to any radios nearby notifying any who could hear to stay away from that sector of the out village areas. After Lord Sousuke's broadcast just days ago there has been nothing but unrest in the village, even among the ranks of the shinobi. This swarm he spoke of would slowly descend upon the village if action was not taken. Kaen was doing his part and will continue to do so. And besides, a little extra target practice never hurt anyone.

A heavy smell of rot permeated the air as Kaen's feet sped across the sands in pursuit of this wandering horde. Mindless or not they always found a way to find trouble and cause chaos. There could be no room for lax natures, any quarter given will only lead to dismay. Whether it meant fighting for days on end, the Hybrid would aid in the extermination of this mysterious plague. Kaen himself didn't know much about these things aside from their seemingly random aggressive attacks. With no word from Anbu Command or any extra orders issued by Lord Sousuke, Kaen took it upon himself to help in whatever facet he could. Right now that meant hunting and slaying these packs of monsters.

Cresting over the horizon of a far away dune he could just barely make out the visage of the 'Horde' he had been tracking. 'I've caught up to the swarm, it looks like they might have found another helpless desert creature.' So monstrous it appeared they even annihilated the wildlife if they could not flee in time. Upon closer examination, he saw dark tuffs waving slightly in the desert wind. 'Oh shit, it's a kid!' Kaen blasted off towards the large group of Unbent. He wasn't sure if he was going to make it there in time.

Suddenly the group that had surrounded the unsuspecting kid, it looked like it was curtains for this fresh face. A sudden poof of white clouds exploded in front of Kazukura. A presence could be felt as the dust began to settle. "Do you trust me?" A deep voice boomed at Kazu, if his eyes were keen he would make out the shape of a large suit of armor towering above him. Despite the sudden appearance and disposition the talking armor would gesture towards it's hollow, open chest cavity. A flaming crescendo exploded around them as a violent wall of fire suddenly encompassed the boy and the looming armor. ""Please hurry, there is not much time."" Should Kazu deny the offer to climb inside he would have to face the swarm that closed in. The ring of fire would only do so much, time was running out. Though should he climb inside he would quickly be sealed away inside only to hear the clashing of Unbent vs an unknown, fiery opponent.

[OOC - topic entered - roll if you dare roku >8D]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
You Choose: High
You Rolled: Low
Roku, The Goodbye TourToday at 10:34 AM
First roll was a 66, so Higher than that is what Kaen picked, let's see
t!dice 1d100

TatsumakiBOTToday at 10:34 AM
:game_die: Rolling Dice!
[d100 : 18]
In the end, the result was: 18
OOC: If you would rather stick to your own story just say so and I will bow out after this post!

The Swarm
uzQFebk.gif

The five or six that had spotted Kazu did not have a chance to howl out to their remaining group, as an explosion of fire, a giant beacon burning bright within the desert, would be erected. Of course, the choice was meant to protect the young boy, but it also very much drew the attention of the remaining pack of The Swarm still within this area. Within no time, Kazu would have enough time to decide whether to enter the metal figure or choose a different path, the Unbent would surround the circle of flames. The roughly 50 mutated, corrupted shells of humans would merely wait outside of the flames as their bodies twitched and convulsed, a twisted side effect of what had happened to their bodies. While they could not see what was within the perimeter of the fire enclosing, every now and then when the flames flickered low enough, Kazu might notice the glowing eyes of the Unbent seemed to be affixed to him and where he was choosing to move, if he chose to move. Small murmurs of animal-like noises would escape the mouths of the creatures, but they would not be frenzied at this time. No, that actually seemed rather content. The flames did not have the same effect one might have assumed when dealing with 'monsters', they were not fearful. It seemed like, even in their mindless state, they were very aware of what the dancing orangish energy was, and that it was not something to just rush into.

And then something odd would happen, something that might have been missed by Kazu but may be noticed by the new shinobi on the scene. Within a mass of the collected 50 Unbent, one of the creatures would grab another by their skull and quickly begin to devour its 'sibling'. The beast would not react well to this and would begin vomiting a tar-like grey substance from its mouth. Three more Unbent would begin to attack the one who was expelling the liquid and begin to devour him, splashing in the blackish substance as well. The others would not acknowledge the sight as they would remain focused on the wall of fire and the boy.

The Swarm - 48/50 remain

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kazu braced himself. He was ready for the inevitable slaughter, but he would do it on his own terms. If I’m going down it’s going to be while kicking and screaming. The shambling lifeless forms were getting closer to him. He tried to relax, breathe, and remember the sensation of bone manipulation. He’d done it, once, about a week or so ago; at the time, he’d been scared for not only his own life but his father’s as well. It had been natural, then — he’d practically done it without any thought. So I should be able to do it again, right? RIGHT?! So far, nothing. Try as hard as he might, he still didn’t quite have the hang of it. Man, this is so not cool…

Suddenly, a puff of white smoke appeared between him and the ambling corpses. A suit of armor? And it’s hollow?! Kazu had no idea what was going on, but he wasn’t one to look a gift Sandrunner in the beak.

"Do you trust me?"

”Not really, but it’s not like I’ve got any better options!”

Kazu didn’t hesitate for even one beat. Kicking up off the ground, the young boy flew into the armor’s empty insides — he was still unsure and curious about how a hollow suit could be moving and talking — somehow just fitting within the oversized proportions, as the ring of fire around himself and the armor burned the small circle of rotting figures. Whoa, that was awesome! Even in the middle of a life-or-death situation, Kazu could still find time to admire a cool new jutsu. Fire Jutsu look amazing! I gotta learn that one…

From inside the armor, Kazu just barely managed to peek out from where the neck joint connected to the armor’s helmet. He could see just enough to realize there was a crowd of Unbent growing around them, just outside the reach of the wall of flames, and even more disturbing was that he thought at least a few of them were looking at him. It’s just my imagination. It has to be. He could also hear other sounds, too: the roar of fire, coming from somewhere just outside the ring of flames; the sounds of groaning and grunting, as if someone were exerting effort; and, finally, the odd inhuman sounds these weird freaks were making. Seriously, what the hell is going on?!

Kazu realized that he was spiraling. Lost in his thoughts, standing there merely analyzing the situation, would not help him escape his predicament. He needed to fight! I need to help whoever’s helping me! He tried to move in the suit of armor, but it seemed like whoever was in charge of this situation thought he needed to stay put. Obviously, whoever they were didn’t know who Kazu was.

”Oi! Hey, whoever’s out there! Let me move or something! I can fight, you know! Hey! Anger was starting to boil up inside Kazu. Frustration, at not being able to help, raged within the boy. ”I’m serious! I’m not some helpless little kid! I mean it! Whether his rescuer was too busy rescuing him, or simply didn’t want to comply, didn’t really matter to Kazu. All he knew was that he wanted to fight, and that this suit of armor was in the way. The anger within him made him stop thinking. For a moment, he simply was. An angry kid, with a thirst for battle, and the skills to match, held in place by an adult who thought they knew better. I hate it when they doubt me like that! Suddenly, his body remembered what it had done before.

Without realizing what he was doing, the bones in Kazu’s right arm began to grow and lengthen out from his palm. Hard as steel, yet light as bamboo, the pale-white bone spear-staff would extend a good five feet out before it was done — piercing through both Kazu’s and the armor’s palms, the bone spear-staff looked rather deadly in its own regard. It’s no onslaught of Fire Jutsu, but it’ll do. From inside the armor, Kazu stuck his hand into the armors’ and squeezed down through its fingers in an attempt to grab the bone weapon. He wasn’t sure if it would give, or let him move it at all, but he was determined to do more than just sit here and watch.

”I swear, you better let me fight with you or I’m gonna let these things get me! You wanna tell the village you let a kid die while trying to save him, huh?!”

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
An array of clashing noises and minor flare-ups of flames, a few explosions here and there. Kaen was busy cutting his way through the unwavering swarm of Unbent. So busy, in fact, that he did not hear the outcry coming from the young boy inside his suit of armor. ""That was quite unpleasant, but I understand your frustrations."" The armor spoke to the boy within it's core, speaking in reaction to the sudden jutting of bone through metal that was technically its body. To be honest I don't think Kaen fully understood how that worked since it was merely a spirit inhabiting the suit of armor, could it feel pain? Perhaps so, and not in a way that mortals would understand. ""Master!"" The armor now cried out to Kaen, who instinctually answered back without looking away from what he was doing. "I'm a little busy, what is it?!" In the process of belting out his response he would weave signs and a trio of clones would appear. (Elemental Clone - Fire - Mastered - x3) As Kaen's armor would begin to speak Kaen and his mini K-army advanced upon more Unbent. (Clones use Fireball - Special Action - Mythical Phoenix Fire) (Kaen uses Nature's Guard [Mastered] Special Action - Fire)

""The boy wishes to fight, what are your orders?"" Kaen would pause a moment to look through the fire and chaos to meet the gaze of his contract companion. A smile would creep across his face, he was intrigued to see exactly what this boy could do. One might think it safer to not allow it, but with his companion, many things were made possible. "So let him fight then, use your noble phantasm! grant him your aid and transform!" Kaen would turn away and continue with his actions, the swarm was surely already breaking through his barrier if not already. Kaen's body sparked to life as a volatile aura enveloped him (Explosive Touch) Almost simultaneously he would equip a weapon (Suna's Artifice) and charge back into the fray. (Roaring Combination [Mastered] with special action to split the checks, 1 for each Unbent)

As Kaen fought on, the armor would speak to the boy once more before it would begin. ""Prepare yourself, this may be disorienting."" And without much delay, or enough time to appropriately react, the contract would release its Tsukomogami Senjutsu. (Contract uses Soul Regalia) Kazu would immediately experience something foreign and perhaps confusing. But a few moments later he would open his eyes to discover he was no longer inside the armor. In fact, he would notice many things were not the same. He had been given the means to fight just as he wished...

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"That was quite unpleasant,” the suit of armor would say to Kazu just after being pierced through the hand by a rather large obtrusion of bone, “but I understand your frustrations."

”Oh yeah? Well then, how about letting me out of here, so I can kick some undead butt?!”

He was seething. Frustration boiled through his mind, and anger crackled underneath his skin like lightning. He tried to move, force the armor to go anywhere, from the inside; yet try as he might, he could not get it to budge even an inch. What a pain in the…ugh, isn’t there anything I can do? Desperate, Kazu tried once more.

”Look, please, just let me do something! I can fight, I swear! Just-“ Suddenly, Kazu felt something happen. Something…unexpected.

"Prepare yourself, this may be disorienting." That was little more than an understatement. Before he knew it, Kazu felt some sort of force from the outside trying to make its way inward. Just like when he went to mold his chakra, only…this wasn’t his. And, he wasn’t the one doing it. Instead, it was more like something else was pulling on the threads of his own chakra coils and wrapping them up with another set that he couldn’t see. Furthermore, it was as if there was more of it, now? More energy to use? More depth to draw from? More…something. He felt like he was wearing a costume; or, perhaps, the costume was wearing him? I don’t get it, but…

The change taking place was not just internal. The suit of armor began to glow; not from the glint of the glaring sun, but from a burst of chakra as the Tsukumogami began to change shape. As the talking armor began to merge with Kazu, its form would change accordingly to match Kazu’s own spirit — the conscious armor would find the young boy’s tastes and style to be rather more direct than a giant slab of metal. ‘Streamlined’ was the only way to describe this change. The armor’s helmet, with its pointed horn and full-face plating, remained; however, the jaw piece had been eschewed, allowing Kazu’s own mouth access to the air and his neck freedom of movement. The suit’s chest-piece had been pared down to a series of metal plating pieces strung together loosely, yet covered most of the young boy’s vital points. Arm and leg bracers protected the outer edges of each, yet did nothing to hinder his movements. He felt oddly powerful — the protective metal shell seemed to lighten the weight he was carrying, not increase it.

"Whoa." He probably could have said something cooler right then, yet his mind was still processing all this new-ness. Clenching a fist, just to feel his new strength, Kazu certainly felt powerful. "I don't know what you just did, weird-talking-armor-dude, but this feels incredible..."

"It's a simple technique, really — Soul Regalia: Mythic Accessory. Right now, we're fused — you're driving, and I'm providing the power." A wicked grin stretched across Kazu's face. "Do try not to overdo it, though. Your body isn't really used to this yet, so things may be a little...different."

"Don't you worry, this is just what I've been waiting for..." Kazu was ready to fight. His eyes searched outward, locking onto the mystery man who had appeared to save him, taking in all that he could about the battle before him. Fire raged. Bodies burned. Yet still, more and more shambling forms took the places of those that were torn down. I can handle those stragglers, now that I'm this powerful. He had admired the intensity of the man's flames before, but now he had the chance to be that strong himself. Kazu wondered how powerful his fire techniques were now? Muttering under his breath, "Only one way to find out," Kazu began to gather chakra into his mouth. More of it, Kazu thought, build it up even stronger! He was preparing the most devastating Thermal Maw he'd ever attempted, letting the pressure in his throat and mouth build up until he was sure the flames would shoot out his nose instead. The pressure reached its zenith. There! Kazu let loose, expecting a huge blast...

...and found himself launched into the air, two streams of fiery jets shooting straight out of the soles of his feet propelling him rapidly. What remained of his footwear was smoldering cinders by now, leaving the boy completely barefoot. Blinking, Kazu barely registered what just happened. "Eh?" This was not what was supposed to happen. "What the...what happened? I thought you said I was driving this arrangement!"

"I warned you, boy." The voice in his ear sounded grumpy, or perhaps bemused, but in a way that said it had expected as much. "Your body isn't used to this. Normally, to have developed this much power, you would have had to learn the secrets and nuances of your body's personal limitations. Everyone has...quirks...peculiarities...subtle little obstacles that no one else does." Was that chuckling Kazu heard? "But no time for that now. Looks like you're going to have to learn on the job!"

It's always one thing or another. Kazu grimaced. What a pickle! It would appear that things were not going to go smoothly for the young boy. But then again, when does anything go exactly to plan? Kazu wasn't done yet; he refused to give up, even now. Think Kazu! Think! THINK! Then, abruptly, something hit him. Or rather...

15b1a33284bfd492749233480960.gif
"So you're a suit of armor, right? How...sturdy are you?"

"How do you mean, boy?" It sounded confused. Kazu's grin widened.

"How much impact can you take? If you were expecting it, how hard could someone hit you without you getting hurt?" The silence in his ear seemed to indicate that the suit of armor still didn't understand. "If I made a crash landing, would you be able to keep me alive?" An exasperated sigh was all the confirmation Kazu needed. It understood.

"You reckless little..." The complaints died off, followed by a slight chuckle. "Fine. You can count on me, but it won't be a smooth landing."

"Just make sure my head stays attached to my body, okay?" As his upward momentum began to slow down, Kazu built up another burst of energy for another Thermal Maw. Nothing had changed, really; Kazu still didn't know how to make the technique do what he wanted. However, he did know how to repeat what he'd just done. At least this time I'm prepared for it. The chakra pressure built and built, until finally it could be bottled up no more. Kazu let it loose, allowing the energy to flow out through his body as it had before. Flames burst out of his feet, but this time Kazu wasn't oriented skyward.

Pointing his chest down at the ground, in the middle of the group of Unbent, Kazu launched himself at full force. Kazu was using himself as a human wrecking ball. "BONZAI!" He was a screaming bullet, propelled by fire and fury, with only one intention: obliterate as many of them as he could. It wasn’t exactly the most complex or sophisticated plan that had ever been devised, but it was the one Kazu had at the moment. He’d make it work...somehow.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The already torrid heat beating downwards into the desert expanse below seemed to compound on itself as Kaen released a massive influx energy. [Heat Wave] The red-head quickly found himself being overwhelmed as his flames seemed to only attract more Unbent to his location. Kazu was busy enjoying his new-found ability via his living armor.

-Poof!- A charred log appeared in a plume of smoke as Kaen body switched in the nick of time. He might have been a goner otherwise as the swarm seemed to only multiply as the fight drug on. "Hey, I thought you said you wanted --" Kaen would call out to the boy who claimed he was rearing to go, but he stopped mid sentence as he witnessed an astroboy wanna-be propelling themselves into the sky. "Uh..." Kaen was taken aback a bit at this sight, not sure how to process it. "YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!" Kaen chuckled lightly before he had to quickly turn his attentions back to the advancing swarm.

Kaen's clones were all gone now, having being almost literally eaten alive by the Unbent. Despite having no real substance to themselves those crazy things still wanted a piece. Unsatisfied with clone-brulee the seemingly innumerable swarm of Unbent rushed at Kaen. Unswayed by the intimidation factor that this massive sea of Unbent possessed by their sheer numbers, Kaen needed to think this through. Up until he felt something coming his way. Looking to the skies he saw that the armor-clad boy had figured out a new trick and was haphazardly diving straight towards the ground. Wasting no time, the Sunan red-head dove head first into the fray, slicing and dicing his way through the waves of Unbent.

Not unlike a meteor racing towards impact, so too did the armor-clad Kazu come literally rocketing back down towards the battlefield. Brilliant hues illuminated the sky above like a celestial being descending to earth. Time stood still for the briefest of moments, Kaen in the midst of an Unbent swarm would look up just in time to catch a glimpse of Kazu's look of pure joy. It touched his heart to know that the youth of Sunagakure held such ferocious promise.

Like a thermonuclear bomb, the force of Kazu's impact sent a tremendous concussive wave of fiery energy across the desert sands. At the last possible second Kaen would encapsulate himself inside a ebony-scaled dome. [Black Blockade] Unbent clashed against the walls of his jutsu, literally trying to tear their way into his safe-space. But they were too late, Kazu had arrived... The very walls that surrounded him shook and became superheated. Kaen had no way of knowing what was transpiring outside, but he knew whatever it was it was surely obliterating the Unbent outside.

The immediate area seemed to had grown silent, the plate like structure Kaen had shielded himself within was beginning to cool down. The sound of gnashing and grinding of teeth had ceased. Perhaps it was safe to come out. Preparing for an immediate attack Kaen would keep his guard up as he released his Jutsu, he could only speculate what would be waiting for him on the other side.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
For a moment, as the young boy came streaking across the sky with the force of impact similar to that of a crashing tidal wave (made of fire), he thought that maybe — just maybe — this had been a bad idea. Sure, when you're all the way up in the sky, running on pure adrenaline, it seems like this would have been an effective, albiet unorthdox, plan of attack. Then again, he hadn't really thought through what would happen after the attack. The sight of the ground rushing towards him set the fear of Mother Suna in Kazu. If I surive this...when I survive this...I... Kazu didn't know how to finish that thought; he only knew that he had to survive — or, at least, that's what he told himself. It was too late now to change course. Bracing for impact, Kazu closed his eyes.

Seconds passed. Kazu drew a shuddering breath, not really sure whether he'd be able to tell if he'd died or not. He'd never really considered the possibility before, to be honest, but in that moment he sure wished he had. Do you still breathe in the afterlife? Almost instantly after, he realized just how silly of a question that had been; dead men don't think. Or do they? Tentatively, Kazu forced himself to open one of his eyes...

"Uh...what happened?" Kazu wasn't prepared for the sight before him. He couldn't process it. A familiar voice whispered in his ear, belonging to the living suit of armor that had saved his life. "Kid...you're what happened. This is...well...something."

The first thing Kazu noticed was that he was laying in a massive crater, perhaps 50 meters or more in diameter. The second thing he noticed was that, beneath his feet, there was no sand: the ground beneath him had crystallized, turned to glass, and formed a large platform to stand on. Tendrils of the material snaked out in many different directions, some even making their way up the walls of the impact crater, that seemed to indicate the force of the explosion had dispersed out and around him. Here and there, Kazu could see ashened limbs or burning scraps of plant matter. The very last thing he noticed, however, was the lack of any sort of sound. That made him relieved; the young boy was certain there might be a few straggling bodies that wanted to feast on his not-undead flesh. Kazu took in a deep breath, exhaled slowly, and allowed his tensed muscles to relax for a moment. I did it! And I'm not dead, either...

Suddenly, the moment passed. Something clicked in his brain. Jumping to his feet, Kazu began to race up the side of the crater wall with a fiery, worried, look in his eye. He stopped halfway through climbing, a painful twinge in his leg causing him to lose his balance and stumble a little, before he regained a sense of himself and continued on. The voice in his ear spoke again, this time sounding like a parent distressing over their kid, "Whoa there, boy, calm down! There's no danger anymore! Where are you going?! Your body needs to rest, desperately!" As if on cue, his other leg began to spasm as well; but Kazu kept going, wincing through it all.

"It's too quiet! Where's that red-haired guy?" The voice in his ear said nothing. Kazu didn't ask any more questions — he wanted to see for himself.

Cresting the top of the ridge, Kazu peered out over the now-unfamiliar landscape. The winds he'd made had kicked up sand, moved dunes, and toppled or burned what little vegetation there had been around here. It was a wasteland; well, even more so than it had been before. His eyes scanned meticulously, desperately, to locate some sign that the man was okay. And then, off in the distance, he saw it: a great black barrier, shimmering with the energy of chakra, and only partially covered with displaced sand.

Kazu smiled. He's alive! Ignoring the protests from his body, Kazu began to drag himself towards the man — whether he made it there all the way on his own, or the man had met him halfway, Kazu wasn't really sure. He was really (really) tired, and it showed. When he was within speaking distance, Kazu fell to his knees from exhaustion. Despite himself, he gave the man a wide grin. "You're okay...thank goodness..."

"Of course he's okay, you idiot! You think I'd let you go and kill my master?! I could've told you he was fine if you would have just asked me instead of running yourself ragged! Jeez...what a lousy kid..." The living armor, back in the presence of its master, gave Kaen a look that the man would surely understand was filled with worry, and possibly incredulity, for the boy. "The first thing he does, right after nearly killing himself, is to worry whether or not you were okay. This kid...he's a reckless one...but also..." The living armor let the sentence hang. Kaen would understand.

Last edited:

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"You're okay...thank goodness..." A familiar, and most welcome sound entered his ears. It was the voice of the young boy he lent his armor to. "Of course he's okay, you idiot! You think I'd let you go and kill my master?! I could've told you he was fine if you would have just asked me instead of running yourself ragged! Jeez...what a lousy kid..." The lumbering armor, would glance towards Kaen with a look that told him all he needed to know. "The first thing he does, right after nearly killing himself, is to worry whether or not you were okay. This kid...he's a reckless one...but also..." Kaen knew exactly what he was going to say, or perhaps just had a rough guesstimate. This kid was a lot like him in his younger years, hell, even his later years.

"Glad you survived your trip to outer space, I wasn't so sure at first but you really pulled it off." Kaen looked around at the local devastation that this kid managed to create. Albeit it was with a little assistance, it still didn't discount the potential and familiarity he possessed. In time this kid could potentially stand up to the might of elites of this village, assuming he didn't shirk off any trainings, which gave him a few ideas. For now though, other things were a priority.

"As much as I'm sure you wanna keep it, I'm going to have to let him go." Kaen was, of course, referring to the living suit of armor encapsulating the young boy. "Also it may be a little disorienting, my suit was the only thing holding your body together I imagine." It was entirely possible that the boy would pass out from the sheer stress and strain on his body. While it might not have felt like much at the time, the added boost to power did not compound well with Kazu's own unstable control over the elements.

Assuming he complied the sound of metal scraping against metal would resound outwards and Kazu would be released. And then darkness overtook him just as Kaen predicted, he blacked out. His next conscious moment would be the blaring overhead lights inside a hospital room. "How wonderful, you're awake. I'll go fetch the doctor. Oh! The man who admitted you left you a gift." And before Kazu could reply she zipped out of the room and down the hall.

To his right he would see, atop the end table next to his hospital bed, would be a small box with an envelope attached. Should he, or if able, choose to open the envelope he would find a simple card that read; "Great job out there kid, color me impressed. Had something special made for you to commemorate your victory." At the very bottom under "P.S." it would continue; "When this is all over, look me up." Following that would be an address. Should he choose to open the box he would find an appropriately sized set of kunai fashioned from the very material that he himself created in the wake of his fiery power. Inside the box was a small paper. On it was written; 'Commissioned by The Order of Journeyman, paid for by Shinku Kaen'

[OOC topic left]

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It felt good to lay there, knees sinking into the sand, and let his body rest for a moment. Kazu had really pushed himself with that fight, pumping a volume of chakra through his system that it, normally, would have been incapable of handling. The increased strain was damaging to his body; not fatally, or even noticeably so, on a macro-level, but anyone trained in the medical arts who took a close look would be able to tell that this sort of bodily stress was not healthy for a young shinobi. Then again, neither was being in a life-or-death fight with dozens of these Unbent — but the point still stood.

"Glad you survived your trip to outer space, I wasn't so sure at first but you really pulled it off." Kazu gave the man a weak smile, but that was just shy of all he could muster for the moment. It took every bit of the small amount of energy he had left not to pass out on the spot. The young boy manages a few hoarse words, breathing heavily in between every other syllable. ”Heh…you...doubted…me?…I’m…a...Ryu…zaki…yanno?…I can…handle…this…no prob…lem…”

Kazu could tell that the man was saying something else, but his hearing was beginning to get fuzzy. Every other word that man said came out garbled. He said...something about holding it together? I can...handle...it.... Even his thoughts were beginning to get hazy. Maybe he could close his eyes, just for a moment? He was starting to feel dizzy. And yet, despite himself, the boy managed to smile even wider while Kaen worked to undo the Soul Regalia. I...gave it...my all...Father...I...

"...did...it...Father...I..."

Kazu opened his eyes. He felt...tired. Drained. There was something soft against his skin. He realized, suddenly, he was in a bed. White walls. The steady hum and glow of an incandescent glow tube above him meant he couldn't be too far from civilization. Did...I?...was I just...mumbling something...or...maybe remembering?...when did I?...

"How wonderful, you're awake. I'll go fetch the doctor." I'm...in a hospital. Is this...Sunagakure? "Oh! The man who admitted you left you a gift." Before Kazu could ask any questions the nurse darted off to alert however was in charge of him that he was awake. I wonder if Auntie Kasen is here today? Kazu almost hoped she wasn't — he imagined he'd get a serious lecturing if she caught him this badly banged up. But then, another thought wormed its way into his mind: Did that lady say someone left me a gift?

Next to his bed, on the small end table to his right, was a box with an envelope on it. Kazu merely stared at it for a moment, curiously, before working up the inner strength to stretch out and retrieve it. His muscles ached, and his body was sore, but since he'd woken up the pain had done nothing but slowly lessened. Kazu didn't know it at the time, but his body was repairing itself faster than it had any right to — the blood that coursed through his veins held a secret that he'd only just begun to scratch the surface of. In time, he'd grow to understand his capabilities, but for now the only thing he could be bothered with was the contents of this box and letter. Placing them on his lap, he began to fumble with the envelope, unceremoniously ripping it open, and gazing at its written contents.

"Great job out there kid, color me impressed. Had something special made for you to commemorate your victory."

There was something else written at the bottom, but Kazu's interest had been piqued by the wording of this letter. Slowly removing the lid, to peek inside at the hidden treasures, Kazu's eyes widened in disbelief and admiration — kunai, an entire set of them, made of what seemed a shiny black non-metallic substance. Picking one up, to feel in his hands, Kazu quickly realized they were made of hardened glass. More specifically, fulgarite. Don't tell me...did he really? It had to be. This was the same material that he'd created when crashing into the Unbent; somehow, the red-haired man had gone back and retrieved enough of the material to have made into these kunai. Gratitude flowed through Kazu, warming him from the inside out, and seemed to make his whole body feel lighter. He was appreciated.

Wait! I never got his name! Panic welled up in Kazu, until he spied the loose piece of paper shoved in with the kunai set. A receipt, of sorts, stating simply: 'Commissioned by The Order of Journeyman, paid for by Shinku Kaen.'

"Shinku...Kaen..." Kazu let the name roll of his tongue, testing it out. He had to repay this man, one way or another, once he was well enough to leave this bed. Reading over the letter again, Kazu realized he'd missed something at the very bottom: "P.S. When this is all over, look me up." A wolfish grin made its way across Kazu's lips.

"Just you wait...I'll definitely find you..."

[ooc: Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back