Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Aftermath [Mission Recovery/Open RP]

Akemi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Aesculapium, Kumogakure
2 days after the end of the 'Makoro Incident'.
9 A.M.

"Yaaaaawwwwwwnnnn~"

Senna stretched her arms into the air as she awoke and sat up into the plain hospital bed where she had been sleeping; the white, sterile room had become somewhat more familiar to her since she had been here for a while, but it still felt somewhat strange to her.

It was also somewhat lonely, she didn't get many visitors in her recovery room....

She was lucky, very lucky; according to the med-nin who had been examining her, Senna would have a very real chance at a full recovery without chakra-intensive therapy (assuming rehab therapy went well). For not, she needed a crutch whenever she wanted to walk further than a few feet, but she was fine with that. She was just grateful to have survived.

The little girl could still feel where she had been shot; it didn't take a genius to figure that she would likely carry a scar from her injuries long after she recovered.

But, then again, she was lucky to be alive.

'Is... it time for breakfast yet?' Senna thought, she had woken up somewhat hungry. She looked next to the bed, there was a small console with a few assorted buttons on it (most of which were linked to the hospital staff's communication channel). Senna paused for a second, then pushed a button which would call for (non-urgent, non-emergency) assistance.

Setting said:
- Senna is sitting in the bed of a one-patient room in the hospital. The room is mostly empty except for the bed and a crutch that Senna uses to walk.

- Senna has access to a console that can be used to alert the hospital staff to her status. She is currently using the console to request non-emergency/non-urgent assistant (possibly a good job for an AiT or civvie nurse?).

- If I forgot any details that would be useful, PM me and I'll fix it. Have fun! ^^

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
OOC said:
• I will assume the time of the day is approximately midday.

From his study room he looked over the list of books which had been given to him, the list of important books to study and read through. Holding the list up high by the large bookcase of basic medical books he skimmed across the titles. Ah, there. he pulled out a smaller, yet distinct in color as it had a bright red cover book. "Basic anatomy and facts of the human body" He opened it and skimmed through the pages. Perfect. He out with the book open, holding it with one hand, and his face looking down into it, earlier the day he had been asked to take a shift as a nurse to try getting a more hands on approach with patients of the different sorts of illnesses all around. He flipped a page and entered into the empty staff room only equipped with the basics, a console standing by the corner for when patients requested assistance, a shelf with drawers containing all the patient documents for the hallway, and a tiny kitchen perfect for the hungry or thirsty worker. He put over a kettle of water then seating himself down by the miniature dining table. But alas as soon as his butt had finally settled in a comfortable position, and a particularly interesting chapter involving the nerves in the human body the console in the corner begins to beep loudly a few times. He ignored the beeping and took a minute to finish reading the chapter and as he did he took a mental note "There are 45 miles of nerves in the skin of a human being." Curious to wonder if one were to be severed or manipulated somehow. A slight smile grew on his lips as he got up, closed the book and put it into his pocket, he calmly walked to the console and examined the prompts.
Screen prompt said:
None emergency assistance requested
Room nr: B16
Patient nr: C658
At the side of the machine was a stack of wooden clipboards, he ignored them, and instead went right to the shelf of drawers, pulled out the B drawer, he examined the different folders looking for 16, There he picked it up, took out the front page which had numerous copies behind it from the folder, and put the folder back, he held the paper firmly in his hands. Examining the text on the on the piece of paper as he grabbed a white coat conveniently hanged by the side of the door and with his name even set on the front pocket of it. He walked out, looked up from the paper and examined the hallway looking around for the room number, an easy find with all the numbers on the doors, his eyes had been surprisingly getting sharper over the years, he walked up to the door taking his time while continuing looking over the piece of paper he took his time taking on his coat and making it sit comfortably around his body and making sure his dreadlocks was behind the coat, and swallowing his saliva. Now, now, Kei, it's just a patient, not like it's some girl around the same age as yourself He grinned sarcastically as he folded the paper and put into the front pocket of his white coat. According to her illness it's probably some old lady wanting me to fluff her pillow or something.. He gripped the door handle, turned it around and pushed the door slowly, standing tall he took a step in and entered the room, he was a little shocked over the appearance of the girl sitting in her bed so obediently. His eyes deceived his attempt at seeming unsurprised by her looks as he asked her of what would be the problem. "Uhm- Hey" He lifted his hand to the height of his own head, palm facing her as he smiled calmly. "So, what'd'ya need?" He lowered his hand slowly as he examined the room looking at the small table by the side of the bed usually containing personal possessions hoping it might give some sort of clue to her personality. Nothing nothing significantly relevant was distinctly noticeable, that was, until he remembered the notes written about her condition in the piece of paper from the drawer, Severely low height to weight numbers, should be fed more than the average patient A sigh of relief escaped his mouth as he remembered it. I'm so stupid.

Akemi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC said:
Sorry for the hold up, this week's schedule looks like an improvement; expecting about 12-36 hr turnaround on my end assuming everything goes to plan.

Kinda short post this time, ran out of things to write. =S

Time seemed to go by rather slowly while Senna waited for someone to answer her call, anything she could normally use to pass the time had (quite unfortunately) been left at her apartment. "If Kiyoko-san visits today I'll have to ask her to bring one of my puppets... or maybe my research notes. Yeah, that would make this a lot easier."

After what could have been anywhere between a few minutes to a few hours, but felt closer to eternity, the door to the little girl's room slowly opened, and a young trainee walked in. The boy seemed to be somewhat... confused maybe? 'Maybe he was expecting a little old lady or something? the thought made Senna giggle a little bit. After a short pause she turned towards him, letting her legs hang over as she sat on the edge of the bed. Good morning, nurse-san! Oh- uh... should I call you that? I know some guys really don't like that very much." she said before letting out another small giggle.

So, uh, I haven't had breakfast yet.... I could really go for a piece of toast and some coffee right now. Senna replied, rubbing her belly a little bit. Oh! You don't have to fetch it all by yourself! I can walk now! I just need... to get... this... she continued, reaching for her crutch. It was just a few inches out of reach, so she attached a chakra string to pull it into her hand.

"There we go!" she blissfully exclaimed as the crutch was pulled into her hand..

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As the girl turned to him and let her legs rest on the side, he took note of her skinny, frail looking legs, like there was next to no fat, just bones. A creepy eerie feeling nagged the back of his mind like he had to take extra care of this one. A faint smile appeared on his lips. Nurse-san?!<i></i> "Hehe, well it is definitely the first time I've ever been called that!"<i></i> He leaned forward and looked directly at her with his bright white eyes, making his smile slightly bigger as pointed towards himself with his thumb. "I'm Keiji, Keiji Suzaku! You can just call me Kei for short, Med-nin in training at your service!" As she mentioned she hadn't had any breakfast and was interested in coffee and toast, he turned his face upwards and looked at the ceiling for a second to get a feel of his own stomach. "A cup of coffee eh?" He turned his head back down again as she said she could walk and apparently wanted to join walking to get the food and coffee. As she was reaching for her crutch Keiji felt a protective urge creeping around him about this girl. "Let me he-" His words was cut short as his eyes quickly noticed she extended chakra strings from her hands and pulled the crutch into reach. Suddenly he remembered numerous other words from the patient document. Received damage from mission Which sent a burst of realization into his mind. A Shinobi like myself, she must be at least Genin to have managed the control of chakra strings with such ease.<i></i> He leaned back up and stood straight again as he put his hands into the pockets of the white coat noticing the red book still sticking out of the right pocket. He walked to the door leading out of the patient room and pulled open the door holding it in place. He turned his head to the side looking at the girl "Well, let's get going then." He said with a smile and a calm enticing voice, almost energetic as he was trying to make her smile and bring in if at least a little bit of happiness even if she was currently in the middle of a bit sad situation, healing up after having been attacked. As he waited he thought to himself. Man, I'd better start reading these patient journals through a lot more carefully.

Akemi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC said:
Okay, so I'm feeling better by now, hopefully my better health will translate into better post frequency? -_-'

'Kei... Keiji.... Suzaki? Kei? Su-' the name fumbled around in Senna's mind as she slowly transferred herself to a standing position and walked over to the door. She gave a quick, cutesy smile to Keiji as she made her way out of the room.

"So... Keiji is your given name, right? I'm.... uh... not very used to old format." She asked, somewhat embarrassed at her own confusion. "Oh, you can call me Senna. You might already know that but, well, now I know you know!" she continued, her speaking pace had at least doubled or possibly tripled.

Once Senna and Keiji were both outside of the room, Senna would default to following the young medic. Her pace was somewhat slow; but all and all she was doing remarkably well for a little girl who was thrown from a wrecked train and shot in the gut twice (actually, at this point, her survival and possibility of full recovery was half-miracle half testament to modern medicine), so she wasn't complaining. Senna maintained a constant smile as she made her way through the hospital.

"So.. Kei-san. You're training to be a med-nin. What's that like? I've met some combat medics, but I'm not sure it's quite the same." Senna asked, mostly as an attempt to keep a polite conversation with her caretaker.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
ooc said:
Let's hope so!~
Just FYI you can RP that the food gets here.
He nodded silently as she asked if his given name was Keiji, "Curious. That's the first time I've gotten that reaction.." He said slightly confused. As she mentioned her own name, he smiled in return, nodded and said with a happy tone "Senna it is then" Her steps had increased their speed, Keiji kept himself slightly behind and kept his eyes on her back to keep sure her movements weren't causing her pain and to make sure she wasn't limping. Hard not to exclaim there was other reasons behind it.

The conversation continued shortly after they had made their way out of the room. She asked about how it is to be a Med-nin in Training. He looked slightly up at the ceiling with his hand underneath his chin in response to ponder an answer as they continued walking towards the cafeteria, a few doors down "Hmm, well that's hard to explain, it's pretty great, if you're into that sort of thing of course, and it makes getting stuff to do that much easier, y'know?" He tapped his pocket where the little red book resided "Plus there's always interesting reading material scattered around the different wings!" A slight smile appeared on his lips as he remembered that there were a few wings he had yet to visit for books.

As they approached the cafeteria Keiji walked to a small table with 2 chairs situated near the corner and pulled out a chair as a gentlemen for her to sit. "Go ahead and make yourself comfortable, I'll be back in a bit."

He turned to the far side of the cafeteria and walked to the kitchen counter. He thought shortly about the staff situation in the hallway he was assigned, he remembered that the machine that notified him of Senna's non-emergency, was so brilliantly designed that as he was notified, as was the nurse's office that an extra nurse is needed to be situated where he was. He stood by the kitchen counter with his white coat on. The staff behind the counter noticed him instantly "What'll it be kid?" An older mature woman wearing the classic kitchen outfit with an apron and armed with a spatula she spoke loudly, with a firm and authoritative voice These kitchen staff are getting more and more rowdy of late.. Keiji sighed for himself. "Two ham sandwiches, one with toasted bread, the other without, and two cups of coffee, just deliver it where I'm seated" The mature woman looked him over quietly with her eyes, almost disbelieving his stature as an actual staff of the hospital, she then huffed and walked towards him, "Alright kiddo, I'll send someone over in a few minutes." Turning around he waved with an open hand "Thanks ma'am"

He made his way back to the table with a large smile on his lips. "Sorry for the wait. The Food'll be here in a few minutes, and don't worry, they make excellent coffee here!" As he sat himself on the opposite chair he asked curiously, "So, tell me, I'm just dying to know, what happened out there?" His curiosity towards what the other branches were up to, got the better of him as he asked. Not only that, but he was curious to know more about this girl specifically.

Akemi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC said:

"Oh... okay." Senna replied to Keiji's explanation of med-nin life, she wasn't quite sure how to follow up the conversation so she remained mostly quiet for the rest of the walk. She made several wrong turns and ended up going in circles more than once, but other than her lack of direction (understandable, seeing as she hadn't really left the hospital room since she got there) she seemed to be reasonably adjusted to walking with the crutch, she didn't run or walk very quickly but she appeared to be stable.

After a short (although it may have seemed longer to Keiji) walk the duo arrived at the cafeteria, Keiji moved towards a table in the corner and pulled out a seat for Senna. "A shinobi and a gentleman? You're too nice, Kei!" Senna said, giggling a little bit towards the end. She gracefully moved to the offered seat and made herself comfortable, settling her cane down against the table. She gave a small smile and a wave as Keiji left to get her food. She didn't really have much to do while she waited, so she just sat there, innocently kicking her legs out and humming a short tune to herself.

After a short wait Keiji returned and said that the food would take a few minutes, Senna nodded in reply "I'm not going to fade away or anything, I can wait." she said. After a short pause Keiji spoke up again, asking about the mission that resulted in Senna's injury. There was a short, awkward pause.

"I was part of the security force during the peace talks between the Crown Prince and the Feudal Lords, our transport was hijacked... I think you might already know that much. Mochizuki-san and I were separated from our captain, and then the rogue troops showed up, we fought them off for a while, eventually someone derailed the train... when I came to, I saw a transport, I was thinking, hoping we were being evacuated... but it was their leader, the boss of the rogues, Makoro. He kidnapped the Prince, Mochizuki-san tried to fight back and she got shot, I was on the ground bleeding before I even knew what was happening..." Senna's voice dropped significantly as she recounted the mission events.

"But everything turned out alright, Mochizuki-san healed a lot faster than I did, I heard she even helped capture Makoro! And, well, being in the hospital kinda sucks, but I get sick a lot anyway so I'm used to it!" she added, her tone bouncing back to it's usual enthusiasm.

It was at this unbelievably convenient time that the food was finally served to the duo.

"Caffeine! YES!!!" Senna exclaimed, taking the cup of coffee and drinking it right away, without even bothering to sweeten or flavor it.

... blame her father, Aran is crazy like that.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Keiji listened with an interested glee, going on such interesting and intricate missions must have been a great experience, even if damage was caused, and having to be put into the hospital. Still, to Keiji it must have been worth it.
He hadn't been much out himself, he had hardly even left the village itself in all his years. It was somehow strange meeting someone with so much more battle experience than himself, and yet so frail.

Weirdly enough the stuff this girl was talking seemed almost like stuff of legend, it reminded him of reading news about Makoro and the atrocities that had been happening around the country.

He almost felt sorry for having to be the only company to Senna-chan, according to the records she haven't had any visitors. Then again, we're ninjas, there might have been someone dropping by without getting noticed. It wouldn't surprise Keiji the slightest with the way this village tends to behave itself of late.

As the food and coffee came Keiji took note of the quickness Senna grabbed the boiling hot cup of coffee, and to his surprise she even proceeded to drink the second it came in front of her. Keiji took his own cup calmly, (when compared to Senna) applied a slight hint of sugar, and then proceeded to take a small sip.
Normally he didn't drink coffee, but in this case he wanted to at least give it a chance, since she seemed so craving towards it, he didn't want to be rude and order something else. The taste was, acceptable.

"By Mochizuki-san. Might you be referring to Tomo-san, or Tama-san?"
Keiji had made his acquaintances with both of them, and he almost dreaded the moment, regardless of how interesting they both were at the time. Meeting them again, might be the least thing he wanted. Too energetic, too much trouble, and way, way too many onlookers wherever they went. At least when they were together, he'd find it interesting to meet maybe the more calm and collected one, Tama, (or was it Tomo?) one on one. She seemed like an interesting sort.

After he had asked, he grabbed the sandwich with the un-toasted bread and took a small bite.
"I remember you mentioning you wanted toast, so I made them prepare toast sandwich, i hope that's okay." His voice was calm and collected.

Akemi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC said:
Short post to make way for the newcomer. xD

Senna raised an eyebrow when Keiji mentioned the Mochizuki twins.

"There's two of them? Wow... uh... wow... and their names are so similar..." Senna said. She searched her memory for a few seconds before continuing to talk. "Uh, it was Tama-san; she was really loud and stuff, but she saved me when the fighting started, and again after the train was derailed, so she's not all bad... I'm used to loud people anyway, some of my best friends here can be pretty loud." she continued, the last part rather obviously referring to her roommate (although Keiji probably would not pick up on that unless the two had already met).

Senna took another big sip from her coffee, undeterred by it's bitter taste (seriously, girl, you need to stop taking after your father). Then she put the cup down and looked at her toasted sandwich. "Oh, yeah, this looks great! Thanks for the meal, Kei-san!!!" Senna said as she gave another blissful smile to Keiji. Senna closed her eyes and whispered a short prayer to herself, then chowed down.

"Yummy!" Senna exclaimed after a few bites.

Himura Kiyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
PC - Suzuki Kiyoko

I walked through the hospital cafeteria, my stomach putting my notoriously weak-willed mind onto auto pilot. Y'see, I was going to visit Senna today, finally, after being too scared/worried/embarrassed/completely chicken to do it for days. I was going to have to apologize to her, I knew that much. I took a deep breath as I started to contemplate what I should eat... it was a hard choice, truth be told I wasn't a very big fan of cafeteria food, I preferred either diners, or ideally something I cooked myself.

Maybe I should just ask someone's opinion? Would that be too weird?

I made a quick scan around the room, looking for anyone who wasn't unduly preoccupied, and then I looked into the corner....

"Senna-chaaaaann!"

My body practically guided itself to Senna's table, and as soon as I was within grasp I instinctively hugged my roommate as hard as I could... a little too hard maybe, within a few seconds I started to hear something that sounded unnervingly like breaking bones. I recoiled from Senna, blushing incredibly hard due to my unfortunate mistake. "Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry!" I belted out, almost too quick to coherently register. I probably couldn't get any more embarrassed at this point...

.... and then I looked to the side and saw the boy that Senna was sitting with. Never mind, it just got worse.

My face practically reddened entirely, I slowly, clumsily raised my hand and shyly waved to the boy that, until a few seconds ago, I had been completely unaware of.

"U-u-uhmm h-ha-hi?"

... Kiyoko, you idiot.

WC: 256
[MFT]

Akemi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Senna's face showed an awkward mixture of content and shock as Kiyoko practically glomped her. The little girl's sandwich dropped from her hands, but fortunately landed right back onto it's plate. There was a short, reactionary struggle as the blue-haired genin tightened her grip.

"K-Kiyoko... please be consider-... -ate of my... bones.. and... circulation please." Senna gasped out, half choking. After a few awkward seconds Kiyoko loosened her grip and rapidly apologized for the spontaneous bone-cracking glompage. Senna laughed in response "It's fine, you didn't break anything. Well, anything major" she said before breaking out into another small giggle. After a few seconds Senna started to go back to her food, but stopped right before taking a bite.

"Oh, Kei-san, have you two met?" Senna said, motioning to Kiyoko with her off-hand before taking another bite out of her sandwich.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Listening closely to Senna-san's own words describing Tama made Keiji feel a bit more respect towards the person, and a slight admiration.
Curious to Senna's latest words regarding loud people made him curious to whom she might be referring to. He sipped his coffee in anticipation.

A smile grew on his face as Senna began to practically devour the toasted sandwich. Unfortunaly her chance at eating properly was disturbed quite surprisingly by someone Keiji had never met or even seen before.
A strange and frightfully loud scream was heard from somewhere in the kitchen, Keiji looked to the side to see someone running towards the table him and Senna was sitting as, he shout sounded like she was screaming for Senna. It was strange, loud, and slightly obnoxious. But bearable.

She had instantly as she had approached the table and Senna-san, began hugging her, sandwich dropped, making sure the sandwich landed properly Keiji had slided the plate a few inches. Keiji just smiled at the reaction Senna had, even if the slight sound of bones squeezing was just barely able to be heard. He hadn't expected such a tiny girl was capable of squeezing so hard. Senna's own words seemed like she was kind of.. Liking, getting her squeezed so much. Heh, squeeze~

Keiji remained stationary and merely took another sip of his coffee calmly.

Her hug had released and Keiji merely smiled. Only then were their attention shifted to Keiji.

This girl, Kiyoko? Keiji's eyes were busy scanning across her body as she seemed to finally be aware of his existence. Keiji replied slowly to her inquiry of him. He nodded in reply as he said with a calm voice and a smile "Greetings.."
His attention shifted to Senna's question as he replied to her inquiry afterwards. "No, unfortunately I havent' had the opportunity to meet another one such as beautiful as you yourself Senna, you hadn't mentioned there were others!" He smiled after he had said it, he was trying to compliment both of them at the very same time. Hopefully his flattering wouldn't come off as silly but instead more serious.

He pulled a chair from the table behind him, lifted it up with one hand and placed it on the side of the small table in between him and Senna-san "Come, join us, are you hungry? Thirsty perhaps?"

He sipped his coffee quickly again as he awaited their reaction.

Himura Kiyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He called me beautiful....

Well, he called both of us beautiful (either he was a ladies man, or just that nice, or maybe both) but still...

I slowly lowered my hand and let it fall back to my side, I sighed a little bit, grateful that this meeting didn't start off quite as bad as it could have. I paused for a short while. Kei pulled one of the chairs from another table and offered to let me sit with them; I nodded silently and sat myself down. Once I was properly seated I tried my best to keep the conversation going.

"I know I'm hungry, but I'm not sure what I should eat! I guess I should've made breakfast for myself before I left..." I admitted, as I was talking I reached into my belt pouch (never leave home without it) and pulled out a small can of my favorite energy drink.

No, we're not going to repeat the Flying Kazuhiko Incident. Stop smiling like that, devilish reader.

I opened the can and took a small sip before composing myself into a somewhat more formal introduction.

"So, I'm Kiyoko... uh, I guess Himura or Suzuki also works if we're being formal, but we look about the same age, so I don't think we really need to be that formal. I'm a Genin in the main branch, but I also work at the church in Upper Seki, if you know where that is. Nice to meet you, Kei-san!" I said, trying to pace myself so I didn't utterly outpace the poor boy with my speech (I doubt I was completely successful, I know I can talk very, very fast even when I'm not trying). I waited a few seconds for Kei to reply before turning my attention back to Senna "So, how's the food here, Senna? Should I try some?" I asked before taking another sip of my drink.

Akemi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Senna grinned a bit at Keiji's compliment "Oh, don't try to flatter me like that, I know I'm not as pretty as Kiyoko..." she replied, while Keiji might not agree with the assessment, Senna had the 'luxury' of being able to see herself with her unnaturally thin figure fully exposed... so it might be forgivable that she had a low opinion of her own appearance. She didn't let this dominate her mood, however, and she quickly bounced back into her cheerful self. Senna returned to her food as Keiji retrieved a chair for Kiyoko to sit in. Kiyoko gratefully accepted the seat and made herself comfortable; as soon as she was seated Kiyoko admitted that she was hungry, and had skipped breakfast by accident "Kiyoko... if I could cook as well as you, I'd never forget to cook a meal for myself! You really are absent minded sometimes, aren't you?..." Senna teased, letting out a small giggle to emphasize that she was making a joke of the situation.

Kiyoko had brought her own drink, one of her favorite energy drinks... Senna cringed a bit as Kiyoko opened the can of raw, uncontrolled hyperactivity; she could still remember that one time that Kazuhiko ended up flying across a public ceremony ground (although she had to admit, that was pretty funny). Fortunately, Kiyoko seemed to pace her consumption a lot slower than last time, and she didn't seem to be inducing any sugar-fueled rampages (yet). Still.. Senna would keep her guard up, just in case Keiji was about to go flying across the cafeteria.

Once Kiyoko had fully introduced herself to Keiji, she turned to Kiyoko and asked about the cafeteria food; Senna was in the middle of a large bite of her sandwich, so she waited long enough to swallow the food before replying. "Well, it's not quite as good as homemade, but it's pretty good. This sandwich turned out great, so you could always have one of these." Senna said, pointing to her food as she talked. Of course, as soon as she was done talking she went right back to eating... she was still kinda starving.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As the girls reacted to his flirt the new girl seemed to react correctly, the other seemed a little more self conscious and through that she apparently didn't seem too appreciative towards her looks. Which to be honest bothered Keiji quite a bit. Any girl not able to accept and wallow in their own beauty is a sad case of psychology issues, unfortunately there wasn't much Keiji could do towards it, except for actually tell her that she is beautiful, which will just result in negligence or acceptance for a minimal time, and then it will would be required at a later stage, it would be like continued emotional roller coaster, which would be continued over years and years.

He sighed a little by himself over the knowledge in psychology he possessed.
As Kiyoko had sat down he waited until after they had conversed for a few sentences.
Giving a slight smile he said as a reply to Senna's words regarding her beauty. "Every girl is beautiful in her very own way, and there is nothing that is able to change that fact!"

The girl, Kiyoko, introduced herself properly to him, he smiled in response, and nodded. "Nice to meet you too Kiyoko-san."
He didn't say anything as his mind was processing the bits and pieces for a second, a church? She doesn't seem like the church going type..
He also didn't reply any further if he knew about the Seki District, it would awake too many memories of his home, too many things in his past had happened up there, frankly he hadn't even been there since he left it so many years ago. He might have to go there sooner or later, since two of his older known familiar people lived there, Kitsune-Sensei and Umashi-Sensei.

Looking at Kiyoko, he could almost hear her stomach growl.
"I'll go and grab you some food, I hope you don't mind cantina food, And don't worry about money, I have it in with the staff here, and any guest of beautiful Senna-chan here, is a guest of mine!"
He got up and walked to the Cantina.
"You girls can just stay here.."
He asked for another sandwich. He waited for them to complete it by the counter himself allowing the girls to converse together by themselves, without his presence.
This was his moment, this was the moment they would be able to gossip about him, it was all intentional.

ten to fifteen minutes passed and he returned with a plate with a sandwich on it, it wasn't toasted, and it contained the usual a ham sandwich usually contained, tomatoes, salat leaves, mayo, salt and pepper.
Seating himself he proclaimed, "So, while I was up there I found out we have time to finish this here food and then I'll have to leave you both, my shift ends and I'm dying for a good training exercise.

Himura Kiyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Senna was rather dismissive of Kei's comment, but he would have none of it at all it would seem. And he was right too; she might be scrawny, but Senna is kinda pretty.

Kei was kind enough to offer to get up and get food for me, and I would have been a fool to refuse him, so I nodded in agreement and watched as he got up to go get some food. The wait was a bit awkward... it took a while for Kei to come back, and Senna looked pretty hungry, so I didn't really want to disturb her eating. Still I had to bring up some conversation....

"So... how ya feeling?" I asked, a somewhat obvious question. Once she answered I would stay quiet until Kei came back.

Kei returned with a sandwich and explained that he would be leaving after our meal was finished, and that he really wanted to get to his training. I sighed, I had hoped that I would be able to talk to him for at little longer; but that was okay, we could always talk later... Kumogakure was a small enough village that I was sure to run into him again sooner or later. "Okay, well, you don't need to worry about Senna. I can get her back to her room if you'd rather get a head start." I said, although I was curious... okay, I just had to ask.

"So... what kind of training do you do, Kei-san? I'm a fencer, so I make sure to drill my stances and guards every day, just in case I end up in a fight when I'm out on a mission. Although, honestly, I'm not sure if I'm ready for that..." I said, hoping he wouldn't mind the conversation subject. I knew some people (*cough* Onii-kun *cough*) preferred to train in private, but I just didn't get it at all... you had to train with your allies and learned how they fought, then you could help them better! Right?

Akemi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Well, I guess I'm not doing that bad for a girl who can't keep eighty pounds on her to save her life... not bad at all!" Senna said in reply to Keiji's comment, her voice punctuated by another small, cute giggle. 'I really shouldn't' be so hard on myself, I guess. I'll just make other people worried.' she thought as she went back to her meal.

Keiji got up to go get Kiyoko some food; this resulted in a rather long pause where the two girls were left without Keiji's presence to drive the conversation forward. Kiyoko seemed to be keeping quiet and letting Senna eat in peace, only speaking up to ask how Senna was feeling:

"Well... I'd feel a lot better if I was out doing missions. It was awesome, Kiyoko! Sure, things got rough, it was a close call, but we made it out alive!!! I'm... I'm just kinda sad I couldn't do more to help Shiranai-sama... but I guess I'll just have to live with that. I'm not healing as quick as the med-nin hoped, but I still should be out before the week is up. That'll be great; this hospital is okay, I could see visiting here, maybe even working here... but waking up in the med-room bed got really old after Tama was discharged." Senna replied, as honestly as she could.

And then it was quiet again.

By the time Keiji had returned, Senna had already finished her food. She took a look at the sandwich he had brought out for Kiyoko, Senna still wasn't quite sure how much Kiyoko would like it... but she doubted it would turn out really bad, there were only a few things that Kiyoko outright refused to eat.

Senna was visibly disappointed that Keiji would be leaving soon, she had enjoyed his company; but she wouldn't hold onto him longer than he was comfortable with. Kiyoko asked about Keiji's training, Senna was interested in this conversation; like Kiyoko, she enjoyed learning about the skills of her allies in the village.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Haha, don't worry, I'm not stressed, or trying to stress regardless." He said in reply to Kiyoko's words about taking Senna to her room.
His smile grew wide as he looked at Kiyoko. "It's only my shift that's ending, and my training can come at any time."

His eyes shifted to Senna who had finished her food.

"Was it good?" He pointed at the empty plate in front of Senna talking to her.
"It's not the best luxury food, but it does what it needs to do, giving you the necessary minerals and energy for recovering."

"Cool!" He replied hastily when Kiyoko asked about his training, and mentioned that she was a fencer.
He confirmed his suspicions that the girl that had approached Senna knew her way around fighting with objects, swords was an assumption he had come to through the look of her strong lower arms, her muscles seemed very developed. Usually swordsmen train their lower arm muscles more than the other arm muscles to make a stronger swipe, strike, and pull out in the least of time.

"I personally fight hand to hand for the most time" He held his tightened fist in front of himself blatantly showing off in a way.
"I like fighting as close as possible so I can look deep into the eyes of my enemies.." He grew a bit of a serious face as he explained why.
"Plus, with these eyes here, my abilities in hand to hand fighting are superb, I suppose you could say my eyes are a good luck charm in that regard.." He said as he pointed at his own eyes with a slight smile.

"I've noticed that none of you have any Kekkei Genkai? Or my assumptions wrong?" His interest was genuine, he had grown a bit of an interest in Kekkei Genkai since his first operation in removing one. It wasn't like he wanted to dissect the girls and take them out forcefully, he was just interested in what kind of Kekkei Genkai there were out there. The library only has books about the more common Dōjutsu, his own included, but they were obvious. It was the more hidden ones that he had grown an interest in.

He pointed at Senna's hands. "And you fight with Chakra threads? I saw the way you pulled your crutch in.. I'm wondering how you practice using those?"

Himura Kiyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I took a quick bite out of my food before putting my attention back to the conversation... the sandwich wasn't anything exceptional, but at this point being picky wasn't really an option; I was too hungry.

Kei mentioned that he preferred to fight hand-to-hand, and that his eyes helped him when fighting up close. His eyes did look... different, like something I might have read in a book once. 'So... that's what a bloodline looks like...' it had been a while since I had seen anything like that, which might have been a bit odd since we were in a place where these things were supposed to be at least somewhat common. Oh well, maybe I just hadn't been looking for them?

Kei asked if either of us had Kekkei Genkai. Well, I had to be completely honest there; "Nope, as far as I know I'm as normal as they come. Well, when I was in school back home the priests taught me how to use reiatsu instead of chakra... but I'm really bad at it, last time I tried to use a jutsu with reiatsu I nearly passed out." I explained, I wasn't sure how much Kei knew about spirit arts so he might not have really understood any of that. I guess I could have explained it to him, but... well, I couldn't really demonstrate how it worked (well, I could, but passing out is kinda inconvenient).

After the conversation about Kekkei Genkai, Kei mentioned Senna's use of chakra strings... which reminded me of something.

"Oh! Senna! You can use this to show him! I brought it just for you!" I said, reaching into my pouch and pulling out a miniature mannequin, a few inches tall. I placed the mini-puppet on the table and waited for Senna to work her jutsu.

"Senna's jutsu are really cool! She can make mechanical soldiers move on their own, and they're really really tough!" I explained, excited to see Senna's jutsu work. Seeing her use her puppets never got old.

Akemi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Well, it's not as good as homemade... but I guess I'm a bit spoiled, I've usually had either dad or Kiyoko to cook for me, and they're both really good at it!" Senna replied when asked about her food.

The conversation about the groups skills proved somewhat interesting to Senna; Kiyoko and Keiji both appeared to have some things in common, their fighting styles both preferred a direct, up-close approach. Senna made a mental note of Keiji's abilities; it would be interesting to watch him train sometime...

Keiji mentioned how his eyes, a trait granted to him by a unique bloodline, helped him when fighting up close; he proceeded to ask the girls if they had any similar powers. Kiyoko mentioned her spiritual abilities, which, while not a bloodline trait per-se, was certainly not something that every ninja had the luxury of studying. "Well, I'm part of the Nemoto clan... we use a special jutsu to attune ourselves to spirit blades, which are really powerful weapons. But... as you might have guessed, I'm no good up close, so my clan jutsu don't really help too much." Senna explained, remembering back to when she first tried to wield a spirit sword... she nearly broke her wrist...

Keiji went on to ask about Senna's chakra strings, which prompted Kiyoko to place a small ninja doll on the table. Senna's reaction to the toy could easily be likened to a little child opening their birthday presents, she was practically bursting with enthusiasm (although that seemed to be nothing odd for her, constant enthusiasm was one of Senna's better traits). Senna wasted no time in starting her demonstration, a small thread of chakra extended out of her right pointer finger and attached itself to the doll, the little figure slowly but steadily stood up and started to dance around the table.

"I'm a puppeteer, I specialize in manipulating objects with my chakra. Like Kiyoko said, I can use my chakra to command puppet soldiers; it's a pretty good fit for me, I can't really take a hit, but the puppets are stronger... and even if they break, I can just fix them when I get home. Really, the basics are the hard part, you really have to learn to treat the puppet as an extension of your own body. Once you get that down, the rest is just learning good tactics, and knowing what equipment to put onto the puppet." Senna explained as the chakra-powered toy merrily paraded around the table.

WC: 413

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back