Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Alleyway Street Fights & Ramen Noodle [OPEN]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The wandering star, Shouyu Hoshi found himself in the dawnbringer plaza outside of a mission, so he was on his own leisurely time. The air was thick with many smells, almost every other stand was a vendor soliciting homemade food, and it all smelled good. The nine year old recently graduated Genin searched to and fro with his white lavender Hyuuga eyes, wide with a hand rubbing his tummy. Recently, he had been audited for receiving too much yen on a recent mission and was only left with a little, but it would be enough to help him find what he needed for the day. He had a sack of the coins jiggling in one of his belt pouches with various ninja tools. In the shadows, around each corner, atop of every roof top, under every vendor, lurked a mysterious group of individuals lurking for trouble.

He had heard of a nice ramen place that was out here, but was yet to find it. The smell of some grilled fish, and bbq beef really caught his attention as he paused abruptly as if he hit a stone wall. His head was cocked to the right with his nose out sniffing being seduced by the scent of this food a family of three was cooking. He followed his nose with his nose leading all the way to the front of the line where he ordered a sauteed onion, garlic veggies and beef plate over rice. It took about five minutes of waiting after paying and when he received his plate he immediately took a seat, next to the vendor back to the wall and began to scarf down his food in a hurry.

The dusk was becoming night, the twilight Kumo was always a nice sight, but he paid no mind slurping up an onion to compliment the flavor of the sauteed beef, and even if a branch of broccoli for his vegetable intake, he always liked to combine and eat several foods at one time. While he was enjoying himself the shadows of lurking darkness was quickly converging on the young Genin who was chowing down like he hadn't eaten in weeks. Rice specs seen on his cheeks and even his forehead from tilting the bowl into his face, rushing more grains of rice into his mouth for the petty chopsticks didn't offer enough. While he finished his meat and only had some scraps of veggies and rice left, he wiped his mouth, took a long sip of water from leather pouch that kept water cool, he hydrated and himself and sighed with relief, patting his young belly. The vendors looked at him with a surprised yet well satisfied look that the ninja took such a delight to the mall, and as they would turn to the help the next customer...

Shouyu tried to rise to his feet before he was snatched up by several hands, the first covered his mouth, other reached for his garments and shoulders. He didn't even have time to yell for help, the action was so fast even a body switch at the moment was impossible. He was snatched into the shadows leaving only a toppled bowl of scraps, used napkins and the leather pouch he used to drink out of it spilling the rest of its contents.

Kikei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ringing that god forsaken ringing. Kikei had forgotten to pack extra meds with her and slumming around in one of her mood swings. This time it was an all-time low in fact the poor girl was near the verge of tears when she caught sight of her kohai being grabbed from a stall. She panicked not sure of what to do, could she help him and if she did would he resent her for being saved by a woman. Her mind raced with the different possibilities all of which seemed to be more depressing then the last. She eventually decides it would be best to keep an eye on him and thus trailed after the group of thugs that grabbed him and stayed hidden from view at the mouth of the alleyway.

‘oh boy he sure looks like he is in for it….but what can I do …I don’t even know proper handsigns yet let alone how to take on such a group.’ She thought as she witnessed the scene unfold, her unsure nature coupled with a ringing noise made it all too clear that she was there. Of course this hadn’t even crossed her mind as a possibility due to her negative thought process obscuring the very fact that she was already found out by the group.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Pulled into the alleyway, Shouyu fought his way for freedom. His attackers were high and number and oddly familiar. He counted at least five people in his immediate radius, and once hidden in the shadows with little light they would converge on him, holding every limb down as a giant kid appeared from the darkest shadow.

Thug: "Oi, that byakugan there will be mine now, and I'll finally get accepted into the academy!"

The kids laughed as the giant grew closer to Shouyu with a hand out to gouge his hyuuga eyes right out of his face. He continued struggle against the kids holding him tirelessly, they seemed to have loosened their grip.

The closer he got the harder Shouyu fought of his offenders and soon enough he freed an arm pointing a finger like a gun at the giant when a thick stream of raging water spewed from the finger tip, blowing away and dousing the giant. His limbs were finally completely free and he began to rotate at high speeds. He released chakra from all his pores throughout his body.

"Kessho Kaiten!"

Like a raging tornado his chakra formed a high speed rotating dome deflecting and repelling his near by attacked into the walls of the alley crashing. Though, as they fell, a larger group emerged from the shadows. Shouyu looked wide eyed and surprised no one could hear or see this.

Kikei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Watching from the sidelines as Hoshi made a daring attempt to free himself only for ever more members to appear from the shadows, one of which appeared next to her and attempted to grab for her. She was caught off guard but her instincts to survive were stronger then the shock she received as without hesitation her sharingan kicked in and the two locked eyes. A successful implantation of a genjutsu most appropriate for evening the odds of the current skirmish that she was not taking part in. The man made a mad dash through the crowd surrounding Hoshi creating an opening just wide enough for a good ninja to slip through with ease. Having successfully penetrated the circle of thugs the man began to strike without disregard for his target, at least that is how it would seem but truth be told he was doing his best to protect Hoshi from what he thought was a swarm of demons.

“Kohai now!” She cried out as she popped out of the shadows and looked at him with her beautiful red eyes. Her appearance was a small white sweater vest and a pair of white jeans, thus she would be incredibly easy to spot not to mention she had pulled from her pocket her watch giving him a familiar sound to follow. ‘Ugh I don’t even know why I’m doing this! He doesn’t deserve it after how disrespectful he was to me during our mission!’ She thought but her body reacted on its own as two men turned to face her and caught her eyes thus two more victims fall prey to her nasty hypnotic suggestion. Thus the hole in their assault widen as they began to grapple the two nearest them and press them against a wall.

(OoC: Figured they were untrained thugs who would fall victim to gen really easily, and gonna assume you continue to never call her by her proper title the entire mission lol)

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He didn't know whether or not he was hearing things but... That damned ringing of Kikei's watch was in his ear, but he really hoped she was here to help him. It seemed like these kids didn't come alone.

Soon enough someone jumped down, someone he didn't know and began to fend off the gang, while two others who were already surrounding him began attacking their own. He was puzzled for a moment until he heard a familiar name. His head cocked toward the direction of the sound and he saw glinting red eyes on a shimmering white figure on the roof tops.

His eyes squinted to see all within a split second he registered who it was, eyes widening and at the same moment someone was rushing him. His quick reactions allowed him to jump and lightly kick off the assailant and onto the opposite roof top.

"Senpai Kikei!"

The words just slipped out his mouth of reaction and he cringed at his words. Meanwhile down below it was a hell hole of three against and how many. They were soon to be subdued in some time. He figured she casted some genjutsu on them. Above the roof tops he would try to shout at her.

"We gotta go! They want my eeeeeeeyes!!!"

Just as he finished his sentence taller more bulkier, more than teenagers would appear on the roof tops from the shadows. Three would surround Kikei. Three would surround Hoshi on the opposite roof.

Thug: "Hey guys, this ones got a sharingan!"

They all would have looked back at Kikei slowly, seemingly phoning something in as several of them pushed a finger into the air mumbling something.

Kikei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Yes! We must make haste and get to a safe place but first we must deal with these idiots!” Kikei shouted as she began to reflexively move her body to dodge the incoming assault from the thugs. Catching one of her attackers eyes with her own she cast down upon his mind a total black out almost as if she had shut down his entire sensory input before she kicked one square in his groin causing him to incapacitate as well. This left her with just one more to deal with before she could lend a hand to her kohai.

“This isn’t so hard; sensei was much harder to deal with then these fools.” She said with a laugh as she started to have a bit too much fun. With that she was grabbed though for her over confidence but she quickly bit down upon the thugs shoulder before kneeing him in the groin and shoving him from the rooftop. Quickly she jumped over to Hoshi’s side in order for them to be able to take on the assault as a unit and not individually. ‘I just wanted a nice normal meal to myself so I could take my medication, but no I get in a fight at least these losers are unskilled thugs.’ She thought to herself as she crossed the gap between the two buildings in a well timed jump.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He listened to the words of Kikei and immediately turned to his would be assailants. The first moved in to tackle him, easy, Shouyu front flipped over him. As soon as he landed he would somersault forward going low on an oncoming high kick, another smooth dodge. He was some feet away from the three now who were recollecting themselves. The three thugs Kikei hypnotized in the alley had been defeated and subdued. He was staring the three down when one made a move dashing toward Hoshi, who in reaction side stepped to the right and was snatched by one.

He body slammed Hoshi into the ground, who gave a spew of saliva and a grunt as he thudded with the roof top. Even then, his ninja ability would overcome the sudden rush of pain and remind him to recollect himself, his eyes widened in the split second as he placed both palms above his head by his ears and kicked his feet up while pushing off the ground, launching himself back onto his feet. When he landed he did so successfully on both balls of each foot a perfect landing. He was grinning, until he looked up and seen all three thugs jumping toward him. Shouyu leaped, twisted his body at the hip, and like a tornado rotated three times clockwise sending a flying round house kick that clocked each thug three times with every spin.

"Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku!"

The recoil sent two over the roof and into the alley while one lay limp in front of Shouyu as he landed just as he did before. Giving a thumbs up to Kikei who recently just arrived.

Kikei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Not bad, Kohai, now maybe next time you won’t take a hit like that!” She laughed as she turned away and began to run along the roof tops towards the larger and far busier streets of the district. She was hoping that in such a visible area the pursuers would lose them in the crowd, and in the confusion they could take out the one who seemed to be in charge. At least that was her plan, if it would actually work was another question but unless he was brought down they would never know true rest.

“Our best bet is to take down the head of the beast but first we must separate it from the rest of the body.” She said as she dashed from roof to roof never losing her footing as each was a precise step thought out in advanced thanks to her keen eye sight. ‘Okay we should have the upper hand easily, our training makes us a cut above them but how much higher we are yet to be scene.’ She thought as she stopped dead in her tracks as she was confronted by three more thugs. It seems the head had created a parameter around the main assault in case Hoshi had made an escape attempt.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He landed only to feel berated by Kikei about his ability. Right after her comment Kikei took off and Shouyu promptly followed after. Skipping across the roof tops easily he peered around finally activating his eyes with the veins bulging around his hues and even through his cornea. He could determine already the roof tops and alleyways were riddled with these ninja wanna be's.

Shouyu turned his head to Kikei and listened to he plan which would sounded good but difficult to determine the final boss. Shouyu nodded as she finished but she paused at the three bodies in front of her. Hoshi didn't, he proceeded a Four Hit Combo split between the three and so he lunged. The first of the three in the middle caught a two piece palm jab and fell out while Shouyu followed through and crouched low before leg sweeping one and leaping at their shoulder height of the last and sending a round house kick to knock him out.

"Don't stop Senpai! We must continue!"

And so Shouyu continued running along the roof and skillfully crossing the gap between buildings.

Kikei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Easy enough for you to say I have no Ninjutsu or Taijutsu all I got is good old physical fitness!” She yelled out as she watched him take out the three gang members that had gotten the drop on her. It was then that she realized something about the whole situation just seemed out of place. A lot of information was missing as in how they knew Hoshi was a Hyuuga clan member and for that matter how did Hoshi not recognize his assailants.

“Kohai do you know any of these thugs? Or maybe recognize one of their voices? They seem to know you quite well.” She said as they ran along the roofs with much grace and stamina as nether of the two had shown any signs of being out of breath. ‘If they know he has the whatever they called it then they must have seen him use it somewhere before just when and if he can remember then maybe we can find the boss of this operation.’ She thought as she missed a step and slipped down to the ground quickly being surrounded by the assailants. ‘Damn I was careless I let my mind wander to much while I was running.’ She scolded herself as she quickly got herself up and glared towards her attackers all of which had shut their eyes as if they knew just how to counter act her abilities. Of course that only stopped her ability to place them under genjutsu but not her basic combat training she received from the academy.

“You all realize now you can’t see me!” She laughed as she forgot they could probably tell her location based off the ringing of her pocket watch. As they quickly made grabs for her that she turned against them by a quick grabbing of their wrist and using their own momentum to throw them into each other. Following up her successful toss she made an attempt to jump back up towards the roof top only to be grabbed by the ankle as she did by one of the thugs who had opened his eyes just enough to see. A simple mistake but one can’t completely abandon such a key sense so easily. Placing the young man in a betrayal genjutsu she quickly had him help her back onto the roof top where she joined Hoshi once more.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He chuckled at Kikei's first comment, although staying aware of the surroundings. She then asked if he knew who the people were and how they knew him and his face turned from laughter to a serious frown of deep thought. He kept up his pace showing no signs of fatigue and that's when it dawned on him.

But as soon he got his thoughts together Kikei slipped down into one of the alleys causing Shouyu stop and shout her name in response and lean over roof's ledge. Again the ensuing darkness surrounded them, but Shouyu finally realized it seemed unnatural, he couldn't peer into the dark with his byakugan it see, like something was blocking him.

Soon enough Kikei jumped back up and seemed okay. Shouyu gave a sigh of relief and just stood up not proceeding to continue movement, he wanted to explain his deduction before they got a move on and hopefully they could construct a more precise plan.

"There was a mission I did back with Kobura and Kisho. We had to wrangle up some knuckleheads who were causing trouble on Sordid Ave, that way. They weren't happy with being caught for their actions. They were the only ones who have seen my byakugan and showed resentment towards me."

Kikei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“So you’re saying some punks are trying to get back at you for doing your job as a genin. Oh great aren’t you just the best at making friends.” Kikei laughed as she stood there with an uneasy feeling as she started to notice the three thugs that would assault them on the roof tops looked identical to those from before. Could they have been placed inside of a genjutsu and not have realized it and been running in circles. It would explain their lack of exhaustion but even then she would have noticed something by now. It was then that she took a moment to inhale deeply that she noticed an odd scent in the area; it was the scent from the restaurant the one in which Hoshi had been pulled from. It meant they had in fact been traveling in a large circle and why no others had attempted to assist them. They had been trapped in a genjutsu and not even a clever one like the one she had been wasting her chakra on this entire time on what were probably clones.

“We’ve been played Kohai, I can’t believe I realized it sooner. It’s so simple yet effective I must ask them to teach me this technique sometime.” She laughed as she upped her sharingan to her mangekyou level and quickly attempted to reverse the genjutsu with a resounding success as the area returned to a more familiar location. Still up on the rooftop but this time the three thugs were spotted with a look that screamed we been caught. No longer were the illusionary clones to be the victim of their onslaught but the culprits behind the underhanded attempt to steal another doujutsu users’ eyes.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shouyu nodded at Kikei's first comment, and then looked dead at the floor. His thoughts ran rampant about that night and the full details. He couldn't really remember the kids putting up much of a fight or showing the ability to use jutsu. He figured they were dealing with higher ups with more capabilities. Shouyu shook his head at not deciphering this earlier.

Kikei's next response sounded like she had figured things out. Claiming they had been mislead, it seemed like Kikei had caught on. Although, Shouyu still didn't catch on to what she meant, he'd give a confused look, puffing his bottom lip and raising an eyebrow.

"What? What do you mean Kikei?!"

She did something, whatever it was made the engulfing darkness fadeaway and fast. It revealed the same area where Shouyu had been abducted and sucked his teeth and snapped. He was slave to a genjutsu yet again. He felt angered, and thought, 'What is the point of these eyes if I am never aware of these illusions?!?' Instantly he felt useless and a blank expression would be on his face. That same expression looking at the three culprits.

"So... You think you can just make a fool of me?!?! You think you can outsmart meeeeee?!?!? Overpower me?!?!?! I am Hoshi Shouyu! The Wandering Star of the Hyuuga Clan! Ahhhhhhhhhh uuuyghhhhhh gyyyyaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!"

Shouyu shouted, with both fists clenched crouched into a horse stance gathering a massive amount of chakra, so much it could be visibly seen as a light green aura around his body. His hyuuga eyes turned pure white almost like that of a dead person. The roof top tiles crushed beneath the weight of his feet. His aura increased as so did his weight so it seemed and dug deeper into the roof. The thugs would have been cowering in fear right now.

Kikei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Kohai calm yourself now!” Kikei bellowed as she stepped in front of him and locked eyes, casting intimidate through her sharingan without hesitation. The red unblinking eyes of an Uchiha were always known to be hypnotic, making it nearly impossible for an enraged Hoshi to be able to resist the effects of her genjutsu, and on the off chance he in his heightened state she would have to copy his actions move for move in hopes of tiring him out before he could do anything he may regret. Of course even this was just a possibility for all Kikei knew she may find herself over powered by the enraged boy, all things hinged on if the boy could overcome and regain his senses.

“They are only wannabe thugs who got us with a genjutsu that doesn’t give us the right to kill them in cold blood.” She said as she turned her attention to the three thugs who were frozen in fear due to the state Hoshi was currently in. To them one twitch is all it would take to invoke the pale eyed beast’s wrath. ‘Please for goodness sake let him calm down instead of lash out. Let his fear snap him from this rage, be it fear of disappointing someone close to him or fear of being over powered let something get to this child.’ She thought as she mimicked his stance almost perfectly in preparation.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was too late, his bright fluorescent green aura turned to raging pale blue. This aura surrounded his outline like a blazing fire, coming into contact could be dangerous. What once started a bright green grew a deep and darker green until a burst of the aura and a shock wave would reveal the new pale blue. The natural barriers limiting his chakra control were instantly released simultaneously one after the other. In each succession his scream grew louder and would have attracted the attention of the village citizens, some of who would have pointed Hoshi out as someone they remembered.

He couldn't hear Kikei, nor was his pale white eyes the same, they looked even more intensely white now. Gravity around him seemed to shift in weight, as if he was heavier, he sunk into the tile roof crushing it beneath his feet. He had opened the Gate of Wonder, exceeding the Gate of View and was able to see beyond teamed with his Byakugan. Even able to see the chakra emitted from Kikei's eyes attempting to trap him within a Genjutsu. It worked, but he fought it in this state, it silenced his yelling, but his surging chakra raged on. Shouyu then heard her beg a plea for the safety of these low lives, and even mimicked his family's trade mark stance. Before he could even attack, the pressure and overexertion of opening the gates completely drained the kid and in an instant, his glowing aura whipped away in a whirling breeze and his eyes turned completely normal, body falling limp on the roof... He had passed out.

Kikei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the boy fell to the floor out cold the three thugs took it as their chance to bail on the situation and with much haste they did. No sooner than his body hit the floor did they turn and run now allowed Kikei any sort of chance to stop them. ‘Sigh, unable to catch the culprits all because he over exerts himself and passes out on me. Why can’t he just be a good subordinate and just listen to directions? Maybe I should avoid him from now on. He makes my life so much more annoying. I just wanted to get some food and instead I find my kohai getting jumped and get dragged into it.’ She thought to herself in a very sad and grumpy state as she walked over and lifted Hoshi up and over her shoulder with ease due to her high stamina. ‘I don’t even know where he lives! Ugh guess I’ll just go and drop him off at the hospital so they can take care of him.’ She thought as she carried his unconscious body off and towards the direction of the hospital.

[Topic Left with Hoshi, Unless stopped]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He was passed out cold. Lightly snoring even, and he didn't even feel himself being lifted and carried away. Inside of his body, he had splintered some bones and may even have fractured his shins. He was lucidly dreaming as he carried away. His dead weight wasn't much, he was a light character. His chakra networks began to reseal the gates, adding the limiters to his powers once again. But now that boundary has been broken, it was only just a thin line now.

His dreams consisted of a being, beaming with power and resolve. Pale eyes, and an aura of lightning. Whoever this guy was, his chakra levels were immense and raging. The very earth would quake beneath the man's might. He seemed older, a teenager. And oddly, resembled Shouyu. Still, the kid would dream on as he brought to the hospital.

[topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back