Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

An Unlikely Encounter

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo hadn't made many new friends since his arrival in the Cloud Village and it left him spending most of his evenings in the house waiting to speak to Kaji before he called it a night. However Tatsuo was a man of action and because of that, he decided he would find a young student and befriend him. He never had any older friends growing up, but he always thought it'd be a good experience to have someone whose more relatable to look up to. What better place than the academy.

After many hours trying to find his way around the city he arrived at the training grounds where he noticed one boy off in the distance. The sun was peaking behind the trees so he had a hard time seeing what he was doing, but he seemed nice enough. Tatsuo was wearing a simple black shirt with a Konoha symbol on the shoulder and a pair of matching pants. On one hip was a simple sword, wrapped in a leather scabbard. Proudly displayed on his forehead was a Leaf headband for all to see. Tatsuo was about 5'6 and weighed around a hundred and thirty pounds. He had dark brown eyes and hair and a friendly grin on his face. The boy walked with an enormous amount of confidence, as if the world was his oyster. And to him, it probably was.

Tatsuo walked over to Ikko, as he waved his hand. "Heya" He then scanned the boy up and down, trying to see what he was doing. "My name is Ranna, Tatsuo." he'd declare.

WC: 266
[MFT]

Funai Ikko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ikko, wearing what was now his traditional over sized black Yukata, was sitting in the Academy Obstacle Course, wistfully staring up at the various contraptions and impediments that lined the course. He had been using them for a good while now, training they called it, but it was mostly just fun and games to the small boy. His previous life, as short as he supposed it was and still is, involved him doing maneuvers more complicated and difficult than what these courses had to offer, primarily because these courses did not have angry people with sharp objects chasing you after you nicked their valuables and food. A soft sigh of nostalgia escaped him at the thought. Before he could really finish reminiscing, a voice called out to him and broke his reverie.

Ikko pulled himself up to his full four foot height and turned inquisitively to the noise, his eyes meeting those of a boy considerably taller than he was. The first thing he noticed was that the boys headband was...weird. It wasn't the right pattern on it. Ikko's head tilted slightly as he looked up at it confused and unsure if it was something he was allowed to point out as being weird. So he went went with the compromise, he wouldn't talk about the pattern itself, he'd talk about the other pressing matter at hand.

"I'm Funai Ikko...and don't you know that if you wear your head band at a perfect 90 degree angle that you'll anger Raiden-sama and he'll turn your feet in to hooves?"

Before Tatsuo could question Ikko's rather incomplete and erroneous understanding of his own religion, Ikko's face turned from quizzical to excited at a speed that facial expressions should not be allowed to move at as a wonderful idea struck him. Robbing people was much more fun with a partner, even if Ikko never really got to keep one for long. Maybe the obstacle course would be even more fun with a partner too. He was a genius, truly.

"Tatsy-san, wanna do the course? Do the course do the course do the course!"

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo barely recognized the boy's request to do the course, as he was trying to straighten out his headband. The very thought of his feet turning into hooves worried him and he made sure that his headband was tilted, even if just a little bit. "I'm alright like this, yea?!" Tatsuo seemed genuinely worried that his feet would turn to hooves, as he looked down and letting out a sigh of relief.

"Nice to meet you Ikko.."
Tatsuo said as he finally made sure his headband wasn't perfectly straight. "You want me to do the course?" Tatsuo looked to the relatively simple course, he crossed his arms and said, "Sure, I guess?" he pulled off his belt, letting his sword and scabbard fall to the ground before running onto the track. The first obstacle was a rope wall and instead of climbing over, Tatsuo just leaped to the top and hoped over. At one of the trenches he just jumped over the barbed wire. And for the rest of the assorted traps and training things he just skipped over with ease.

He ran back up to Ikko from the end and furrowed his brows. "Why'd you get me to do that anyways?" he said looking down at the young boy. Tatsuo was nearing Chuunin level of competency so these academy level courses were too easy for him, making it much like a child's game to him.

Funai Ikko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ikko watched with a blank expression as Tatsuo acquiesced to Ikko's wishes and made his way through while not especially adhering to the "rules" of the course. He was more just jumping past the myriad of obstacles and challenges instead of actually engaging them. It wasn't quite what Ikko had imagined, but it was still comical that he had actually gotten the man to do it. What he was doing was pretty boring though since he wasn't actually doing the course, and Ikko's attention turned to something else, the boy crouching down next to the man's covered blade, a pondering look on his face. Tatsuo made it back and without looking up at him, Ikko answered his question matter of factly.

"Because I wanted to see if you'd do it. It was hilarious."

Ikko, leaving the boy's sword unmolested both because it was wrong to touch other people's stuff, or so he was told, but also because he knew better than to test the patience of people who were bigger, faster and stronger than he was. Ikko turned his eyes back up to the boy now with a sort of more somber curiosity lighting across his eyes as opposed to the more jovial and rambunctious version that they held before. Despite Ikko's appearance, he was more intelligent than his behavior suggested.

"Tatsy-kun, why are you at the Academy? You don't look like you need lessons."

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo furrowed his brows looking to Ikko, a small frown appearing on his face. He stared at him for a few moments, then tilted his head to look at the course for a moment. Looking back to Ikko, he smiled big and laughed. "I guess it was pretty funny, huh?" Tatsuo placed a hand on his hip and looked around as he was asked why he was here and shrugged.

"Well ya' see kid, i'm not from here. You know Konoha? The Leaf Village? I'm from there, my Sensei lives here so i'm kind of stuck training here until i'm stronger and I don't know too many people around here. I'm looking for more friends for the most part. Even if their an academy student, I was one not too long ago." Tatsuo was direct as he was friendly, he saw no point in trying to lie to impress the boy or anything else. And the concept of treating people of different ages drastically different rarely bothered him, except curse words of course. You never curse around a kid even Tatsuo knew that.

Tatsuo then bent over and grabbed the sword off the ground and tying the leather belt back onto his waist. "So what're you doing here all alone? Training hard?" Tatsuo himself was never much for just training aimlessly, he usually always had purpose, or Kaji bothering him to be more diligent with his training. "So, what's your name, kid?" Tatsuo asked not unfriendly like, as he made sure his sword was properly in position on his hip. He then rolled his shoulders and rested an arm on the hilt of his sword.

Funai Ikko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ko..noha?"

Ikko's brow furrowed. Tatsuo could not possibly know just how out of place Ikko still was in this world. He had only been in Kumogakure for a couple weeks and before that, he barely knew how to pronounce its name from the hushed whispers regarding its existence. So actually acknowledging that there were other Shinobi villages in the world was going to take him a few moments. Though he did not really give Ikko much time to really think about it before he brought up another confusing addition. If his master lived here, was his Master a Konohagakure shinobi hiding in Kumogakure? Or did a Kumogakure shinobi adopt a Konohagakure shinobi? What kind of food was in Konoha? The last one being the most immediately pertinent question. The boy's brow furrowed harder as the boy asked him his name, again. Normally this would be just written off as him not hearing him, but Ikko chose his name for himself. Him having to repeat it made it feel like an illegitimate name, and it wasn't something the boy appreciated much.

"I am Funai Ikko, but yep. Well, varying degrees of hard. I was taking a break. I could always use more friends though!"

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo wasn't the most knowledgeable boy either so Ikko's confusion was actually taken lightly by Tatsuo who was quite dense especially about things such as world geography and things. It actually made Tatsuo felt more comfortable about the whole situation, as his education wasn't too great either.

Looking down at him he nodded and smiled, "Yeah, it's a pretty good village. Never snows, lots of green, huge forests and stuff to run around and explore. But I gotta get stronger ya' know?" He rubbed his chin and nodded. "Well if you need more friends and I need more friends, lets be friends." Tatsuo thought of what to say next before instantly getting an idea. "Ya' know, friends should know each other. My favorite food is fried fish served with rice. I don't like salty foods very much. What's yours?" Perhaps Tatsuo's favorite thing in the world was good food, so if Ikko liked food as much as he did they'd make great buddies.

Funai Ikko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ikko's finger came to his lip as the boy was quite clearly lost in deep contemplation at the profound philosophical quandary presented unto him. What WAS his favorite food? He had never really had the luxury of having a favorite, having a favorite would imply a choice which was something Ikko never really had the luxury of. For most of his life, he ate whatever he could steal and at the monastery, he ate whatever he was given. Life in Kumogakure tended to be closer to life at the Monastery, where people made sure he was fed so as to keep him from dying, but those were still choices that were typically left up to other people and not Ikko himself.

"I don't know if I have a favorite, I never really had much of a choice so I never really got to pick. I know one of the teachers gave me something he called Yakitori."

A happy little glazed look came over him at the thought that the boy managed to shake off relatively quickly. but the sheer euphoria pieces of meat on a stick gave him was pretty profound. Though, he wasn't sure if it was quite as profound as the other parts of the joyful experience that could be yielded from such a food.

"Plus, we can throw the sticks at the servers and try to confuse them on who threw it. Really the best food."

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hrmph? You don't know? Do you know how to fish?" Tatsuo asked as he rubbed his chin, looking down to the boy. "If you can fish you can always have food!" he said nodding all sage like. "Plus you don't have to wait for people to give you food, or have to eat stuff you don't like, because fish is good." Tatsuo crossed his arms, looking around to where he thought the closest stream might be. Tatsuo never really lacked food, but he had quite an appetite. Spending the whole day fishing and picking berries would usually give him just enough to sate his appetite. If there was one thing the boy really enjoyed doing it was eating and even he knew it.

"Ya' know I could teach you how to fish, I can even teach you how to cook 'em up real good. How to get rid of the scales and everything and even some of the stuff that seasons 'em well." Tatsuo had always felt a natural connection to nature, his Kyoubaku bloodline definitely helped with that. And while he hadn't understood the reason Ikko didn't have a true favorite food, he was more than willing to help him find one. What type of friend would he be if he wasn't.

Funai Ikko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Do I know how to fish? You mean like swimming? I already know how to swim though."

Tatsuo severely overestimated how much the little kid actually knew. He had grown up on a city street and had no idea where the fish he had eaten came from. He figured they got pulled out of the water somehow, but he never knew that the act was called fishing. He knew they didn't call it "deering" when they hunted a deer, so he did not quite make the connection that would probably be obvious to most people. Instead he looked up at Tatsuo, perplexed, as the man explained how that if Ikko could swim he would never go hungry again. Then he explained how he could teach him how to cook a fish, and get rid of the scales and the how to season them. Ikko didn't know what that last one meant either. Was he going to put some snow on his fish?

"How do you season fish? Let them get older?"

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo's grin continued to grow wider and wider as he listened to Ikko's explanations, the boy reminded him a lot of himself. Especially at the age. "Well, I won't have to teach you how to swim. Basically it's how to learn how to catch fish. You then take some herbs or stuff you find around the forests and put it all on top. Then you put it by a fire and wait for it to get all crispy and that's when it's best!" the boy exclaimed, trying to connect to Ikko with their shared interest in food. "Nah, i'm a pretty good cook you know. Like the people who make food, I've always had a little knack for it. I could even teach you, you could be my apprentice. That way you could always eat good food and you're not stuck eating whatever slop people try to force you to eat!" he said as independent as ever. "Plus it impresses the ladies, you know all the ladies like me and when I tell 'em I can cook even more so." he said nodding sagelike. "Now c'mon, let's go fishing!"

Funai Ikko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ikko's eyes steadily grew wider and wider as Tatsuo explained the merits of acquiring your own fish and putting stuff on top of it to make it not sloppy...or something. Ikko didn't really understand what he was saying but Ikko understood the enthusiasm behind his words and that was enough for the small boy. He jumped in excitement at Tatsuo's offer to go on the grandest of food gathering excursions and the boy was more than ready to go as soon as possible. However, the boy's jumping enthusiasm waned slightly as he had more time to ponder Tatsuo's words which gave room for confusion to seep in once more.

"Tats...Tatsyo. Why does it matter if ladies like me? Wouldn't I want everyone to like me? Do only ladies like people who can fish and put plants on top of fish and make fish good food? Shouldn't I learn something that makes everyone like me?"

[271]

At eight years old and being raised, the word being used very loosely, in a world where survival was considerably more paramount a concern than biological procreation, Ikko was not entirely sure why a lady liking him would matter a whole lot, at least not more so than a mister liking him. Unless there was something special about ladies he didn't know. Were they better at something than misters were?

"Tatsy, is there a specific lady I'm supposed to make like me? IS THIS A MISSION!? I need to make a certain lady like me by putting green things on top of a fish I caught and I will complete my mission! Tatsy!? Who is my target!?"

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Uhh... nah not really a specific one, i'll explain when you're my age." he said nodding before motioning him to follow. Tatsuo should've realized an eight year old wasn't interested in girls just yet, it'd probably be a few years before he understood what he was talking about.

"I guess it's like a mission, but it's mostly so you can eat good food whenever you want." Tatsuo had always been an adept woodsman, all of the academic areas where he lacked, he excelled in utilizing the resources mother nature provided. "If you don't like fish, I can show you which berries are good, but if you like fish like me, I can show you the best way to catch a bunch of 'em!" the boy grinned as he continued to walk towards the small chain link fence that surrounded the training yard. Easily hopping over, he called from the other side. "C'mon, Ikko, we've got some fish to catch!"

After waiting for Ikko to hop the fence, he'd make his way deeper into the forest which was divided by a small stream. The area seemed peaceful and uninhabited, with a low brush guarding the tree line. The water was about to Tatsuo's waist, but was crystal clear. Making it perfect for fishing. "Alrighty, we've got two good ways to fish. We can use a pole, or we can spear 'em. Which would you prefer?" he asked Ikko. "Advantages to both, but spearing 'em is faster if you're any good at it." Fishing was one of Tatsuo's most favorite past times. It wasn't often he was able to find partners to fish with, perhaps if Ikko liked it, he'd have a new fishing buddy to call upon when he went on his afternoon adventures.

Funai Ikko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'I'll tell you when you're older' had never really been an answer Ikko found especially satisfactory...or satisfactory at all whatsoever, in fact it was an answer that promised to upset him to no end and probably provoke scathing remarks informing him just where exactly he could stick his condescending ageism. Of course, the fact that he hadn't hit puberty yet to fully appreciate the opposite sex wasn't exactly something he understood either, but what he did understand was that Tatsy was keeping secrets from him and he would not stand for such cruel and unusual punishment. He would root out the nefarious and the deceitful wherever they may hide and shine the light of truth and justice upon their misdeeds! Alternatively, he could get distracted again by the revival of food as a topic of conversation. Ikko bounced along behind him as they stalked off to find a good place to find fish in the dense forest around the school, hopping over the fence and following him through the woods.

Ikko stopped at the stream and turned an inquisitive glance toward Tatsuo once again. His words again didn't make much sense. A pole or spear them? Didn't spears typically have poles? Wasn't that the point of a spear? Tatsy didn't make much sense. Ikko's stomach rumbled, perfectly and coincidentally timed as soon as Tatsuo finished speaking. He felt that was a sufficient enough answer on its own, but he vocalized his retort all the same.

"Fast is better, so I just poke them with a spear? Feels a little rude, if delicious."

Ikko turned his attention around the area, pondering, before tearing off to snap a particularly fierce looking piece of wood off a tree before running back to where Tatsuo was. Since he didn't seem to be carrying any actual spears on him, unless he could summons spears, that'd be so cool, then he would have to make do with his own improvised poking device.

"I am ready to poke, Tatsy-san!"

[332]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo shared a similar belief to Ikko, the idea of not being privy to information based on age always seemed unfair to him. But just as Ikko, food could distract Tatsuo from even the most compelling of thoughts. He watched as Ikko found a piece of wood in which he'd use, it looked effective enough. Quickly scanning the surrounding area he decided to create his own. Tatsuo formed a few quick hand seals, and out grew from his hand was a wooden spear about as tall as he was. The wooden spear even bent at the edge to make a sharp point for gripping onto fish. Using his wood chakra to assist him in things like this had become a daily occurrence to him. With a little over a year of training with his bloodline he had reached a certain mastery in which allowed him to create all kind of things.

Plunging the spear into the crystal clear stream, he sent droplets of water spraying but missed his mark. The pool of fish swam away in a hurry to avoid being eaten. "Dam-- I mean dang, that was close! Probably going to have to get wet for this." he said as he began to take off his shoes and socks, tossing them on bank of the stream. "You don't mind getting a little wet, do ya'?" he asked before pushing farther into the cold water. He grimaced and a shiver ran through his body, the water here was much colder than that of the streams of Konoha. But after he got his blood flowing it was bearable, even if he the original shock was something he did not enjoy. "Alrighty, all you gotta do.. is find a few fish near each other, or if you're feeling lucky, a single one.. and you!" Tatsuo quickly brought down his spear on a group of unsuspecting fish. Slippery little things they were, avoiding his second blow. Feeling defeated and hungry, he looked to Ikko. "Why don't you give it a try?"

How to catch a fish:
*Feel free to ignore this, but I thought it'd be a fun way to give a little bit of chance in our catches*
In discord, go to the gaming channel and do the command t!dice 1d2.
1= Failed Attempt
2= Catch

If you get a catch, then roll for size:
t!dice 1d20

1-3= Puny
4-7= Small
8-13= Average
14-17= Large
18-20= Huge!

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back