Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private An unlikely proposition

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was often said that modern problems required modern solutions and currently Sora was very much in need of a modern solution. Against Suigetsu's better suggestion, Sora reached out to the only other Ancient individual that he was currently aware of, Salamander-kun himself. Admittedly, Sora had to spend more time than he cared to admit simply confirming who the man was, then there was the added pressure of actually speaking to him and getting him to agree to meet with him, and then finally there was the settling of the butterflies in his stomach as he paced back and forth. Recognizing that he was a bit too obvious, the young Ancient, as much of an oxymoron as that was, settled himself and stood at the meeting place that had been agreed upon. Still dressed in his usual surprisingly inconspicuous hoodie, he kept his gaze unfocused and tried to look like he belonged. Perhaps he was meeting a friend, a mentor or waiting on some assignment. With his headband present enough, and tightly wound about his upper dominant arm, he looked the part of an eager learner, but he was far more advanced beyond his years. "Come on, old man..." The words escaped from his lips under his breath as he sighed and rubbed at his temple. Had he simply caught the man at a bad time or was he really off doing something more important than looking out for their race? Race? For the first time that he could recall, Sora viewed himself as a clear other, and something not quite human. Did the various Ancient Courts consider themselves one whole collective race or where they separate in that regard? Whatever they were, it was another thing for Sora to piece together on his quest for knowing more about himself and the lineage that he carried within himself.

OOC: Ask to join, please and thanks.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
While it was rare for the two to converse on a semi-regular basis, Kaen did try to keep in contact with his newest Ancient companion, Sora. While the burly 'Salamander' did have matters to attend to he agreed to set them aside as the circumstances certainly called for it. His involvement with Akkuma and these delicate affairs between the villages of Suna, Konaha and Kumo meant Kaen would need to be more involved with political matters than he might care for. Casting aside the business he was previously planning to do was easier than saying the very words Sora had used, the Ancients of Suna. A most curious development had transpired at the village gates, one that Kaen sorely wished he had been there for. But no matter, he might yet get his opportunity to be involved, or at the very least garner further information he could use not just for himself, but others like himself, and of course Akkuma would want to know.

He had yet to tell Akkuma of the existence of another Ancient presence in Suna. Perhaps it was because Kaen cared enough to feel the compulsion to protect his own kin from the demon, or maybe it was just because he figured he already knew. The Miroku's web ran far and wide, there was very little the man was not privy to. The brief thought of caring for another Ancient to such a degree was quickly soured as Kaen came upon Sora, however. "Keep it up with the old man charade and you're gonna find yourself not making it to such a title." Kaen playfully punched Sora's upper arm, a jest. Though, due to his size, it might have been harder than he intended it to be. But Sora was a strong individual, perhaps he would take the playful tap just fine.

Now the information Sora had given him when he asked to meet him on such short notice was little and vague. The only thing of worth he had to share was Cloud Anbu and Ancients of Suna. "Now what's this about some foreign delegation and our species? I'm most interested in what you have to share." He wanted to know more, all he could in fact. He was most appreciative towards the young man in his willingness to share this information with the Flame Court Hybrid.

[OOC - Topic Entered]

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
There Kanmuri sat.

He would have never predicted the preceding events to take place. Not even close.

~ ~ ~

For once, Kanmuri’s feet hurt. Whether it was due to the heavy duty winter boots he was wearing or just a result of all the walking he’d done for the past few weeks…or months…he didn’t know. All the snow-haired man knew was that he wasn’t making any progress—and that his feet had been trampled into a red-hot glowing blob of pain.

Wincing with every step, the white-hoodied man made his way to the nearest bench.

“What’s the point? What am I even looking for?”

Kanmuri wasn’t the only one asking that question. By now, he’d made multiple rounds through various parts of Wind Country. And everyday, he wore the same attire. White jeans coupled with a long, white winter jacket-hoodie. Maybe the pain was purely psychological. An attempt from his body to break this boring, monotonous cycle. But with Kanmuri’s track record…it most likely was not. His efforts were starting to garner attention.

As Kanmuri would hear more and more whispers about him as he made his rounds. He’d be referred to as “The Ghost,” “The Drifter,” “The Lost One,” and, one time, “That crazy, homeless man in the winter outfit.” It was starting to unsettle the cursed man. If anything it was the completely opposite result he wanted…He had to lay low after all.

He’d lower his head and sigh.

Maybe it’s best for me to take a break after all.

With that thought, Kanmuri conceded to his feet, sat down on a nearby bench. He’d stretch his and curl and uncurl his toes. With a sigh of relief, he’d outstretch his arms across the top of the bench and turn his gaze toward the monument in front of him.

It was octagonal in shape and illustrious in design. Covered in silver stone, the building had entrances on all sides, and at its apex lay a golden statue…the figure who, he gathered, could only be Primus—the hero of Suna.

Kanmuri’s eyes scanned the four-story building, and he took note of the different clan sigils overhead. His heart would begin to ache, and as he looked over each sigil, the pain would only grow more. His brows would furrow, and the white-haired man would almost rise—as if spurred on by his pain—but he’d stop as soon as he saw another hooded individual initially pacing around.

Huh…that’s interesting. Hoodie and pacing around isn’t the best look.

Kanmuri would softly smile at his thought.

But then again, I wonder if I’m standing out any less than he is now that I’m seated and wearing all white.

Kanmuri’s thoughts would soon be silenced by the presence of a familiar feeling. It was a powerful feeling—a radiating, singeing and almost prickly feeling in the air. It was almost as if he was standing too close to a fire. But most of all, it was familiar—so familiar—painfully so.

And then he’d soon see the man. The source of the feeling was a man. He was tall, husky, and more bulky than most words could describe. And if that wasn’t intimidating enough, his sharp, crimson hair coupled with his intimidating gaze would do the trick. His presence, and sheer existence, was the exact opposite of “subtle” and “covert.” And somehow, Kanmuri, this ghost of a person, felt connected to him.

Well, whoever the man was, he didn’t have business with Kanmuri. His business was with the other hooded man. The two would meet, and it would become apparent that this was a predetermined meeting, and based on the actions of the shorter, leaner hooded man, something important was going to be discussed.

Now whether the “important” details were just pick up lines to wow a lover or details regarding the destruction of Wind Country, Kanmuri couldn’t guess. But, staying there didn’t hurt.

And then it happened. It would come from the mouth of the fire-haired man.

"Now what's this about some foreign delegation and our species? I'm most interested in what you have to share."

Foreign delegation? Our species? Just what did I stumble upon?

It made sense after all. The huge man felt like no other Kanmuri had met before. But to be an entirely different species? He could have never guessed that.

He had unknowingly stumbled, and was listening, to a conversation dealing with “foreign delegations” while discovering an entirely new species. This would probably be some of the most sensitive information individuals would never hear in their entire lives. Yet there he was.

There Kanmuri sat.

[OOC - Topic Entered]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Hey!" Rubbing his shoulder, Sora smirked as he found himself find in the presence of Kaen. "It sure took you long enough!" Not wanting to waste anymore time, Sora looked around to make sure the coast was clear, noting a few passersby but ultimately concluding that they were either too far out of earshot or probably wouldn't know what he was talking about out of context. Slightly raising a hand towards his mouth, he beckoned the taller man to listen to him intently. "Alright, so, I was busy working a shift on this pick up job that I was supposed to be doing for extra credit. You know, the sort of jobs that nobody wants to do but all the dropout types end up having to do? Yeah, it was boring, literally, just moving boxes at the gate. Like, really, literally . . . moving . . . boxes. All because the Academy is backed up with exams. According to my one classmate, they're going in alphabetical order or something like that. Ridiculous, right?" Whether it was just his excitement to see Kaen, or perhaps it was just his youthful energy trying to make up for the fact that he was nervous, Sora started the story in a languishingly round about way.

Recognizing that Kaen probably didn't want to hear all of the backstory, Sora shook his head and cut to the point. "Sorry, I'm just frustrated, they're really holding a lot of us back with that." He apologized and then continued on. "So there I was at the gate, moving boxes and noticing how backed up the foot traffic was. I mean, I get it, we live in a desert, it's hot, but this line was long and the gate folks were taking their dear sweet time. Personally, I was about to jump in and start processing the paperwork myself since I had to take a class in proper passport protocols as well, but no sooner had I thought it, poof! In popped the Kazekage and that's when things got crazy." Growing animated, Sora tried to contain his excitement but his hands started to dance wildly as he emphatically told the tale. "So the mute person wrote something and then the Kazekage started laughing, and I mean, laughing-laughing. The sort of laugh that you laugh when something is sad but true but you want people to think that you're unbothered when you actually are. I don't know, I was too far away to really read what was written and the Kazekage was definitely laughing but he clearly said something like, Ancients of Sand." Putting his hands up to his head, Sora made an exploding motion and sound. "Mind blown!" Unable to remember if he'd actually told Kaen abotu Suigetsu, Sora shied against mentioning him by name, but he gave as much detail as he could to Kaen in hopes that the elder man would know what to do. "I got a bad feeling about this. If . . . if people outside of Sand are poking around looking for . . . them . . . then that can't be a good thing, right?" Slighly turning and motioning towards the building that they stood in the shadow of, Sora shrugged his shoulders. "They're up there right now and we . . . we gotta do something about it!" Sora had the wherewithal to recognize when he was being a bit overdramatic but as far as he was concerned, a threat against one Ancient, was a threat against them all.

OOC: Consider Sora to have stated what all he witnessed in [this] topic.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Alright, so, I was busy working a shift on this pick up job that I was supposed to be doing for extra credit. You know, the sort of jobs that nobody wants to do but all the dropout types end up having to do? Yeah, it was boring, literally, just moving boxes at the gate. Like, really, literally . . . moving . . . boxes. All because the Academy is backed up with exams. According to my one classmate, they're going in alphabetical order or something like that. Ridiculous, right?" Throughout the rambling explanation of things Kaen would blink slowly a few times in response to this rather excited word vomit. But he would chuckle at the end, he was starting to like this kid. He could relate to him as he too went through a similar process of employment upon first arriving in this village all those years ago. Hell, he wasn't even considered a shinobi for the first long stint and did manual labor, just like moving boxes. But monotony such as this is good for the soul, it sparks creativity. A motivation of sorts that compels you to a better tomorrow. "Eeesh, yeah that does sound like a pain in the ass."
Scratching his chin as he collected his thoughts for a moment his eyes suddenly grew wide signaling he had an idea. "Ya know, with me being an ex-Anbu captain, and at the very moment a high ranking Jounin, I bet I could pull a few strings and help you out at the academy. Get you to where you need to be so this bureaucratic bull crap won't keep impeding your growth. If you want that is..." It's always one thing or another with that system, but that was merely his opinion.

It would be at this point he felt a strong, familiar presence. It was easy to make out considering the majority of power signatures that were worth a damn were in the tower with the Kazekage, and Sora and himself. The rest of the fodder were like dull flames, but this one sitting on the bench just over yonder was more like a bonfire. Perhaps even on par with his own level. It felt strangely familiar, like he should know the individual. But as far as he knew the man was just another stranger. But it certainly wasn't the case as the man was looking over in their direction, seemingly willfully at that. Kaen would make a concerned look, pursing his lips and furrowing his brows in hesitation to continue the conversation right here. But in the end he would decide to continue. His thought process was perhaps the things they would discuss, Ancients and all, would spark something from the recognizable individual. No doubt Sora would notice Kaen noticing the other man. For now he would play it cool and just press onward.

"Sorry, I'm just frustrated, they're really holding a lot of us back with that." Kaen would nod in agreement. "Don't be, I understand. It certainly is frustrating when rules and regulations get in the way of progress. Sometimes you need to break the mold and forge your own path to greatness." Sora would then regale him with the tale of the events that had just transpired at the gates. He would nod along as he told his side of the story, or rather what happened from his perspective. "I see... A pair of Kumo Anbu are looking for Ancients of Suna." Kaen would press his fingers to his temples as tension began to grow within. Had they finally come for him, all these years later? No, that couldn't be it, it was Ancients, plural. Or at least that's what he had hoped they had said. Even so, his interactions with Kaji and Yui left Cloud with a little information about who and what Kaen was. No doubt they would have remembered the one Ancient they had interacted with, especially considering how he had broke out of their prison and left a trail of bodies on the way out. Not to mention the group of well intending children that tried to stop him at the gates.

"I got a bad feeling about this. If . . . if people outside of Sand are poking around looking for . . . them . . . then that can't be a good thing, right?" Kaen would nod slowly as he was still deep in thought about just what was transpiring up there in regards to these 'Ancients of Suna' business. "No, you're right. It can't be good." It was obvious Kaen was worried. Not in a scared type of way, but more along the lines of the implications this would bring. It put not just himself in the crossfire, but Sora too. Moreover what it could mean for the safety of his sister, Kasen. "They're up there right now and we . . . we gotta do something about it!" Crossing his arms Kaen would contemplate the best course of action. "Well it's not as if we can just walk right in, we would get stopped before we could get to the door. And barging right in would only raise further suspicions. And I'm not as sneaky sneaky as I once was. Hmmm...." I mean... perhaps just Kaen could pop in through the upper window and pretend like he didn't know what was going on, but that was still dangerous considering the Anbu may be looking for him for his past crimes. It was astonishing that Cloud never confronted Sand before, things just didn't add up.

"How's your lip reading? Mine's not terrible, training in the Anbu helped with that aspect a little, but I'm certainly no professional in that department." His line of thinking was using a jutsu to get a bird's eye view and just read their lips. But that also had flaws. If one of the Anbu were mute there would be no way to tell what they were saying, more so if they kept their masks on. Shit... what the hell were they going to do? "I'm open to suggestions as well, what do you think?" It was rare for Kaen to take advice or the opinion of another. It would say a lot towards their relationship status. Perhaps it was time to start trusting a few choice others instead of isolating himself so.

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kanmuri jumped out of his bench and sprinted off in the opposite direction like his life depended on it. There was no way he was gonna let himself be fresh meat for these “Ancients of Suna.”

At least that’s what he wanted to do as soon as the husky man glared at him. It was then that Kanmuri sunk into his seat and stared at the strong, Sunan sun.

I’m done for. He’s gonna eat me.

He chuckled at his own inner joke.

Man, what’s even wrong with me. I’ve never run from a confrontation before…have I? Well, it doesn’t matter. Even if I had in the past, I’m not starting now. Not when I’m getting this amount of information.

And Kanmuri was right. The information he stumbled upon WAS not only substantial. It was also incredibly sensitive. Most would be punished for spreading this type of information.

So, lemme make sure I’m getting this right before I lose track of everything. Kumo and Suna had an alliance, but now Kumo ANBU have showed up in order to break the alliance over Ancients of Suna and their crimes. Kazekage Raizo doesn’t believe in Ancients, played it off, and invited them to talk more at the Kazekage Tower…which is right in front of me…

Kanmuri would direct his head away from the sun and back to the tower.

So a meeting…deciding the relationship between two villages…is happening right now.

His amethyst eyes would widen as his eyes landed on the people in front of him.

And the people…responsible—or who are at the very least TIED to the event—are…

Kanmuri would SLOWLY get up as he connected the dots.

They’re right here.

Kanmuri’s heart was beating at lightspeed. He turned his back to the individuals and placed his hands on the bench while he hunched over. He had to turn around. His face was brightly colored with shock. His nostrils and mouth were open so wide, people nearby probably thought he was about to vomit.

That guess wasn’t too far off.

Luckily, Kanmuri could still hear everything from their words to their footsteps while turned away and being a fair distance apart. He’d fix his face and furrow his brows while he “stretched.”

What do I even do?

He thought as he continued to stretch.

I can’t fake stretching forever…but I need to come up with something…and fast.

And that was the truth. Because if these “Ancients” turned their gaze onto him…there wasn’t enough stretching in the world that’d make him nimble enough to escape their grasp.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaen reminded Sora a lot of his father. It didn't appear like much shook him and for that, Sora was appreciative. It probably wouldn't have been all too great if there were two equally disturbed teenagers. Considering the reason for Sora's disturbed state though, the boy wondered if he could even still consider himself to be who he thought that he was. If Ancients were, as their name implied, ancient, then Sora was just as much a fully grown man as Kaen. Suigetsu had mentioned that the punishment that had been levied against him was what created the persona of Sora in the first place. The world of "Ancients" was confusing to say the least. "I'm open to suggestions as well, what do you think?" Kaen had turned it over to Sora for suggestions. Rubbing at the side of his neck, the boy shrugged. Despite emotionally being a teenager, Sora was smart enough to know that Kaen was right, they couldn't just waltz into the Kazekage's meeting. Looking up, Sora tried to think of something as he eyed both the tower and the surrounding buildings. Kaen had mentioned reading lips . . . "I guess that we could probably try to stalk them from the outside and read their lips but, that would be a pretty far distance to read lips and I'm sure that there's probably enough ANBU stationed around here to make sure that somebody doesn't attempt that in the first place."

Grumbling under his breath, Sora brought his gaze back down to look at what options seemed a bit more realistic. "Got any ANBU bros that owe you a favor?" Kaen had mentioned training with the ANBU. "Maybe we could use of them to at least get in the building. Maybe, fight fire with fire . . ." The pun wasn't intended but it caused Sora chuckle to himself nonetheless. At least somewhat spatially aware of his surroundings, Sora got the sneaking suspicion that they had an eavesdropper. More than enough people had passed by the two Ancients coming and going on their daily routines but one figure hadn't moved nearly as routinely. Leaning into the sense, Sora looked around for the one thing that wasn't like the others and his attention landed on the rather overly acting individual. How long did a stretch last, normally? Weren't they like yawns, something that came and went? A person could force a stretch, it was a good practice before a workout, but . . . the guy that Sora focused in on didn't look like he was getting ready for a marathon. That was, unless he was an undercover agent that had failed the most basic rule of stalking. With his eyes quickly darting back to Kaen, Sora minutely inclined his head towards the stranger. "Is he with you?" Paranoid as he was starting to feel himself become, Sora asked the question in a way that clearly implied that the stranger could just as easily be a Kumo sleeper agent as he was a local shinobi doing their job. Whoever he was, if Kaen gave the word, Sora was ready to strike.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sora had a good point, it would be difficult to read lips from a safe distance. Getting too close risked alerting them to their presence, at least from outside the building. Thankfully Sora had a brilliant idea, one that Kaen honestly should have thought of considering how often he pulled this little trick. "Got any ANBU bros that owe you a favor?" Kaen had mentioned being a part of the Anbu. Something he probably shouldn't have casually said aloud, but if he were to garner further trust with this young Hybrid he wouldn't mind divulging secrets that didn't need be as such. "Maybe we could use of them to at least get in the building. Maybe, fight fire with fire..." The towering red head laughed heartily at the fire reference. Was Sora starting to grow on him?

As Kaen was formulating the plan to get inside Sora would notice the same figure Kaen just had earlier. "Is he with you?" Kaen would again look over towards the stranger wearing the winter parka, awkwardly stretching for what seemed to be for eons. "Mmmm, no. But I think I know him from somewhere." He couldn't put his finger on it, but he definitely knew this guy from somewhere. The chances of him being a Kumo Anbu was unlikely unless he was the absolute best at acting. Any Cloud-nin would be dying from the sweltering heat just in regular clothes, let alone winter clothes. No, this guy had to be native. For now they would leave him be. Turning his attentions back to Sora he would enact his plan.
ebaf631c1d0f5fb1bcacc94ba7278bb2f9e5be85_00.jpg
"Alright, I know what we should do. Come with me." Kaen would lead Sora to a nearby, deserted alleyway.

Forming a complex string of hand seals he would then bite his thumb and then slam his had against the wall of the nearby building. Upon doing so an intricate design spread outwards from his large palm to form a summoning circle. A portal opened up and out stepped forth Testugo, the Spirit Breaker, or at least that's what it called itself.
darth-vader-star-wars-6875.jpg
"How might I be of service, Lord Kaen? Who shall we be vanquishing this day?"
Kaen would wave his hands as the large armored being turned its gaze towards Sora, the only other target Tetsugo could so. "No no, nobody today. I have another use, or request rather, to make of you. This is Sora, he needs some makeshift Anbu attire. Think you could help us out?" The grey armor would nod and then open up his chest cavity, big enough for Sora to easily climb into. Once inside Sora would find another voice in his head as Tetsugo was preparing to enter into the Soul Regalia fusion. "What are your preferences, Master Sora?"

While Sora and Tetsugo sorted out what the design of the Anbu suit would look like, Kaen would on his old Anbu attire. Sleek and black like a moonless night. He would once again become Captain Ruin. It felt good to wear these clothes, they were empowering in a way. Turning to see the progress of Sora's gettup he would remark on the design. "Interesting, but I like it. You should fit right in. And if anyone asks, you're under my command. It's the rule of two I liked to follow. I only ever go out with one cohort." Turning to face the way they had come into the alleyway he would continue. "Before we head inside, I think we should deal with our loose end..." Kaen would peak around the corner to make sure their observer was still there. Sure enough he was. "On my mark. I'll take front, you flank." Already easily slipping back into the mindset of Anbu Captain Kaen would raise his hand as if to say 'steady' before clenching his fist in a way that said 'engage'. Kaen would flicker out of sight, utilizing his super human speed to appear in front of Kanmuri. "Excuse me citizen..." A deep breath was slightly altered from the breathing mechanism in his suit that filtered out poisons. "We would like a word with you, if you please." Hopefully he didn't run, that would only serve to make this more enjoyable.

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kanmuri heard it. The words couldn’t be anymore clear, and they were enough to make icicles erupt from his spine. Upon hearing the question, the winter-dressed man stopped stretching immediately. His gaze froze over in front of him as his brain seemingly stopped processing information.

"Is he with you?"

He was discovered. And now there was no turning back.

Kanmuri would finally blink before taking a deep breath. He’d then crack his glove-covered knuckles before putting on a stern face.

Looks like the games are over. It’s time to work.

With a face frozen sternly, Kanmuri would begin to make the motions of turning around before he’d hear a reply that’d melt his expression.

"Mmmm, no. But I think I know him from somewhere."

Like pressure on broken glass, cracks would begin to run across Kanmuri’s heart. His shoulders slacked as they lost their tension, and his eyes slowly opened as if he had just seen a long-lost friend.

What…? Is it possible that…that he knows me…?

His right leg begged to continue turning, but his left leg stubbornly refused. He’d gently bite his lip before looking as far right as he could and then down at the ground. The noise around him faded, and soon all Kanmuri could see were the white boots upon his feet.

It’s now or never. This is my only chance to find out the truth.

And with his will steeled, Kanmuri would swiftly turn around—both legs in agreement and excitement. With a large smile on his face he directed his gaze back at where the two had been standing—

But there was no one there.

The only person who knew him had disappeared. Lost to the sands of time. And before he could even grieve. Before he could even make an attempt at chasing his connection. Before he could even yell “Come back!” for all of Sunagakure no Sato to hear…two figures in armored attire looked to apprehend him.

And it pissed him off.

They instantly appeared right in front of him and would address him.

"Excuse me citizen...We would like a word with you, if you please."

If looks could kill, these guys would’ve been blasted through the stratosphere with the power of 13 moons straight into the sun. But the initial frown on Kanmuri’s face would disappear into a chuckle after the bigger individual said “word.”

Oh, they’d have a word alright.

“Well, if you want a word, I’ll give you one, but…why are you two acting so weird?”

Little did the two know but at the end of his sentence, Kanmuri would cast two genjutsu. One genjutsu that would have put their mind under the illusion of having its body rot. The sensation of every square millimeter of skin peeling coupled with the disjointed pain or muscles, ligaments and tendons forcefully separating was enough to make even the toughest of men break. It didn’t help that genjutsu itself also caused the strength of those affected to seemingly evaporate. That and seeing all medicine fail had to be extremely disheartening. In comparison to this genjutsu, the second was rather tame.

Their eyes would stop working.

The second genjutsu would only make their eyes seas black and nothing but black. A sea of darkness for some time.

Though, feeling that type of excruciating pain without even getting to see your body had to be rough, which only left Kanmuri smiling on the inside as he felt the genjutsu connect.

Unfortunately, only the first genjutsu landed on the bigger, black suited individual. He’d still have his vision. But for the second, smaller person, yikes, the connection was almost too easy. They’d have to deal with both genjutsu.

“Yea, you’re…you’re disturbed. That’s not a funny prank to play on people.”

Kanmuri would say with a disgusted face as he walked away.

Although they hadn’t acted weirdly at all and deserved none of the words…they’d soon be acting very weird.

[Heading into the Kazekage Tower]
[OOC wanted to put the post up before I explained all the actions/mechanics. Genjutsus used were Curse of the Leper and Verse of Darkness]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Being led away to an alley, Sora was not only shocked but also excited when Kaen revealed just how they were going to get into the Kazekage's tower. Looking up at the grey armor, Sora took a moment to look at each side of it and then up to inspect it for sturdiness. Stepping into the suit would give him a good number of inches in height. In fact, the gap between him and Kaen would close in a large way, so much so that they'd be seeing eye to eye with Sora having the slight advantage. Once situated inside, he'd find his movements to be almost effortless, as if the suit of armor was an extension of himself. "What are your preferences, Master Sora?" The suit spoke to him! Not quite sure if the words were in his head or said aloud, Sora smiled with a child's glee. "I don't know, what can you do exactly?" Allowing the contract creature to decide, Sora would be content to go along for the ride. When settled, he turned his attention back to Kaen. "Interesting, but I like it. You should fit right in. And if anyone asks, you're under my command. It's the rule of two I liked to follow. I only ever go out with one cohort." Nodding in agreement, Sora felt like that was the wise course of action. "Got it!"

"Before we head inside, I think we should deal with our loose end..." Sora couldn't agree more, and when Kaen gave the plan, Sora wasted no time in tapping into his Ancient energy, bridging the pathway between his abilities and Suigetsu's. Feeling a bit tingly between tapping into his Ancient side and wearing the suite of armor, Sora turned the corner and at once stretched out his hand, directing his chakra towards the target and attempting to bend the light around the man to his whim. Whether it was by being overly excited or just flat out missing the mark, whatever he attempted failed to materialize and instead he was chastised with an odd but understandable question. “Well, if you want a word, I’ll give you one, but…why are you two acting so weird?” Scrunching his face up, Sora replied from behind the masked armor. "Says the guy stalking two law abiding citizens!" As if on cue, a sensation hit him as his skin began to crawl and he started trying to tear himself out of the armor in order to scratch an impossible itch. "Ugh! What did you do?" Sora was about to say something else of a bit more colorful kind but then his world went dark. "Wait, what happened? What did you do to me?" Moving his arms wildly, the suddenly loss in vision momentarily disoriented Sora. His voice going an octave or two higher, the boy didn't even need to consult with Suigetsu to realize that he had royally screwed up by going in halfcocked. Before he could call out to Kaen for help, he heard the man say something else. “Yea, you’re…you’re disturbed. That’s not a funny prank to play on people.” This guy was a real menace, and unless Sora and Kaen figured out something quickly, he was going to get away with knowing their plan.

OOC #1: System wise, Sora is a (Nara x Seikon) Chimera. RP wise, he's a Water Court Ancient (full blood) who's abilities have to deal with bending light (Nara) and space/time (Seikon).
OOC #2: Externally, Sora is affected by Soul Regalia from Kaen's Contract and Curse of the Leper and Verse of Darkness from Kaenmuri.
- Tetsugo isn't affected by the Genjutsu that Sora and Kaen are affected by currently.
- Kaen, please determine if the contract is using, Legendary Weapon, Wondrous Item or Mythic Accessory.
OOC #3: Sora's actions are as follows. Thematically, they occured between Soul Regalia and then being affected by the genjutsu.
0 seconds ~ Sora activates Genetic Implant :: Unreal Celerity - Passive (Seikon)
2 seconds ~ Target Kanmuri with Shadow Possession - Shadow Ninjutsu
- 40 v 42 (Miss)
- I included Soul Regalia and Ancient Wisdom buffs from the contract.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
eea5cc7de559fc20e6015bfdbf76442d.jpg
With no real direction on how to form the armor, Tetsugo would bind to one of Sora's favorite weapons and transform into what he felt best matched the young Hybrid's energy. What came of it was a tall, white armor. It was an impressive transformation, one that would definitely mask Sora's identity.

At first glance it would appear that their stalker would cooperate and give them the time of day. But as the man spoke a strange sensation began to creep over the entirety of Kaen's body. A tingling sensation followed by a low level burning sensation quickly erupted into a full scale attack on his sense. Not unlike a tape measure being hastily returned to its coiled position, so to did the muscles inside Kaen's body, following suit with the same sensation it would feel as if his muscles were unraveling at the ends! The pain was excruciating to say the least, pain that was in the realm of nigh impossible. The strength in his otherwise strong, muscle bound body was sapped away quicker than leaves falling on a frost bitten day in Kumo. Falling to his knees he tried to raise his hands to see if the pain was real, if his body really was falling away to pieces, but he could barely raise them an inch. Had it only been Kaen reacting in such a way he might not have thought of it, but it was possible they were under a genjutsu. There was no real way to tell aside from the fact that quickly following the pain his body was feeling he felt an odd sensation that was all too familiar. The feeling of a genjutsu failing to take effect. He saw no hand signs from their stalker, so it couldn't have been him. Was Akkuma nearby and being a jackass? Kaen's mind was racing trying to come to any sort of conclusion as he watched Kanmuri easily walk away straight into the Kazekage tower.

"I'm not sure what the... ack, fuck!" It was painful even to try and talk. "Not sure what just happened, but I think there is a genjutsu specialist around. I didn't see that guy use any handseals, did you?" Truthfully Kaen had never ran into anyone or anything that could use genjutsu without hand seals, so the suspicion that their stalker was the culprit was little to none on his part. What was even worse was he was quite susceptible to genjutsu for no reason apparent to him. He just had a weakness, one that he didn't wish to be broadcasted. Thankfully the only ones here to witness it were Sora, who was dealing with his own world of shit, and the familiar stranger that had just escaped into the Kazekage tower.

Tetsugo would of course attempt to remedy the situation with medical jutsu, but it had little to no effect. "I am deeply sorry, it would appear my healing is having no effect. I'm not able to pinpoint the problem exactly, are you sure this isn't just all in your head. A genjutsu if you will?" Tetsugo was a battle master and was well versed in the arts that hailed from the shinobi world. He had seen genjutsu before, but nothing on this level to where you couldn't even pinpoint the source. Sadly Tetsugo possessed no ability to cancel genjutsu, it would be solely on Sora to escape this mental hell. And though Tetsugo was unaffected by the genjutsu, he was still fully under Sora's command given that they were fused on a near cellular level. So Sora's pain would no be as terrible as Kaen's since the armor was already transferring over a portion of the pain (damage) over to itself. Not but half a minute after the effect was triggered, after Kanmuri had made his escape, the pain subsided and Kaen felt his strength return. So it was a genjutsu...

After the effects had wore off he would turn to Sora in the tall, ebony-clad armor. "Are you ok? It's been a while since I was caught so off guard. I'm still not even fully sure what the hell just happened..." He still had his doubts, but all in all he was sure it was genjutsu. And if it actually HAD come from their stalker they would have little ways to avoid it again. They would need to proceed with caution from here on out. "Quickly, we need to follow that man so he doesn't blow our cover to the kazekage." Though truthfully he was less worried about the kazekage and more worried about the cloud Anbu that may have come for him and Sora. Hopefully they would make it in time.

[OOC - Topic Left - Following Kanmuri into the Kazekage Tower]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Not sure what just happened, but I think there is a genjutsu specialist around. I didn't see that guy use any handseals, did you?" Grimacing in pain and exclaming his frustration out loud, Sora vowed that he was going to do everything in his power to try and overcome his apparent weakness to falling for genjutsu. "I didn't but ugh, what else could it be? I literally didn't see what hit me!" Continuing to attempt to scratch at itchy parts that probably weren't all that itchy, despite trying to reason that it was all in his head, Sora still felt the urge ease scratch no matter how much he forced himself to ignore the sensation. "I am deeply sorry, it would appear my healing is having no effect. I'm not able to pinpoint the problem exactly, are you sure this isn't just all in your head. A genjutsu if you will?" As for the blindness, there was nothing that he could ignore about that, and as the contract said to him, healing just wasn't going to work. Sora would have to hope that with the would be assailant clearly having left, that the chakra connection to the attack would wane to some degree. Taking barely a minute or two, though it seemed like forever to Sora, his senses did eventually return to normal and then there was only him and Kaen to consider.

"Are you ok? It's been a while since I was caught so off guard. I'm still not even fully sure what the hell just happened..." Nodding, Sora gave his body the mental once over to make sure that everything was as it should have been. "Yeah, I seem to all in one piece. My pride however . . . definitely took a bit of a hit in that department." Sighing and shaking his head, Sora wanted to slump in defeat but he knew that now wasn't the time for sulking. "Quickly, we need to follow that man so he doesn't blow our cover to the kazekage." As expected, Kaen wanted to head after the man but after the thrashing that he had just taken, Sora wasn't so sure that that was the right course of action. "Hold up, let's think about this. If we go barging in there then we'll all look suspicious. Maybe we should go another route and . . ." Trailing off, Sora wasn't all the connecting the dots but by his estimation, him and Kaen chasing the lone genjutsu stalker through the Kazekage tower problem would land them all into hot water more so than it would vindicate one side or the other. With their cover somewhat blown, it made more sense in his head to sink back into the shadows and wait more for more opportune time. Attempting to keep up with Kaen however, he decided to do less talking and more thinking.

OOC: Topic left unless stopped.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back