Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Requesting Exit And So Will We Yet

This thread is marked as containing someone requesting/being allowed to exit the village.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
1a9c2faad1db87eab9de0ddef6993a49.jpg
The morning sun was rising over an auburn sky, tinting the iconic haze so synonymous with the village hidden in the clouds. No matter the change of an era, dour or bright, some glories couldn’t be hampered. In the days following the danger beset on the village, there remained a status of high alert along the mighty bastions that oversaw the city built on clouds. A shift in the atmosphere felt palpable: the Cloud was worn and weary. Many of the shinobi left to guard duty had sore rings around their eyes so heavy you might have sworn they took a few shiners. It was the product of twelve-hour rotations off and one, and other duties in between. This was what wartime looked like; the ramifications long outlasting the fight. The celebrations in those somber days were quiet if they existed at all; no, your average shinobi wasn’t happy that the fighting was over and their enemy done, they were simply relieved.

The paces of leather riding boots worked the cobblestone with a soft gnash. On came the image of that veteran ninja, walking tall despite the years. His presence was minimal, naturally faded into his surroundings by his winter wolf cloak, which was blanketed in gray streaks like the morning fog. The condensation was gathering in the fur from the air so thick he might have started swimming. Kaji Okada had come along with more than your standard fair that day, as in, a hefty canvas rucksack hung over his backside by a single braided leather strap. Notably, his uniform was absent in lieu of coffee-brown leathers and tough linen slacks. The only regular artifact on his person aside from the cloak was the renewed carrying of the Eelspine saber, which subdued it’s glowing pommel gem under such serene circumstances.

Rarely one to wait about, Kaji came prepared and revealed a hefty thermos. Steam wafted out from the moment he cracked a spin on the lid, and the aroma was that of a dark bean with a creamy body, flourishing with notes of caramel and honey. In his heyday, he would have simply ridden past the gate detail side-saddle on the back of his horse and swapped salutes before taking the mountain on in a gallop. But indeed how the times had changed. Apparent as it was, Kukki the mare was a bit too old for the road, as well as Kaji had a traveling companion to take into account this time. Oh, how much longer the trip would be walking on foot, but there were still other remedies to be considered. With the morning only just beginning, he awaited the arrival of Rei Saito, the engineer of the sudden diverging path leading Kaji to the wild wind country.

- This is a village exit request.
- Requesting Rei Saito.

Last edited:

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
I had relieved one of the gate guards earlier since they were found sleeping on watch, a dangerous thing to let happen. Naturally, I'd want to deck him and give him a reason to stay up, but I had let it slide this time. Times are rough right now as it is with all that's been going on. Not to mention all the things that have been ailing my mind since I myself have left the Wind Country.

I noticed one individual that had particularly caught my eyes. A man, waiting for someone. With a sigh, I decided to approach him from where I was leaning on the wall. I wore my usual attire, black jacket, blue scarf, white button down top with black jeans. My tail flicked back and forth as I studied the man, taking in any identifiers on who he may be that would ring a bell to me. Nothing.

"Yo." I said to him, "Mind if I see your passport while you wait for whomever?" It was merely a guess, but who else would be standing by the gates not ready to show their passports unless if they were waiting on someone.

(topic entered)
(Heya)

Reactions: Siu

Saitou Rei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Ziren. Long time no see."

The contralto tone of a woman's voice sounded from above the duo, just before a rush of wind would descend upon them as the flapping of a great bird's wings came within a few meters of their heads before taking land nearby. Rei quickly dismounted her Mochueleon summon to rendevous with her travel companion, her knee-high leather boots meeting the stone below with an audible thud to reveal steel-toes inside. The rest of her attire was hidden behind a shin-length, fur-lined taupe winter coat, enclosed by a brown leather utility pouch around her waist and topped with a worn and faded crimson scarf. "Okada-san. Glad we could still make this work." Rei commented with an appreciative bow of her head. Many things had been left uncertain in the wake of the Tenouzan attacks that had followed their last meeting, not least of which stood the status of their conviction over barstool ideals; yet, here they stood at the outlet into the Draco Mons.

Not one to interrupt a party or rudely shut out another, Rei turned in like to more formally greet Ziren. "I do believe Leroy here had mentioned to you before that we'd be coming this way. Like ships in the night." Out of her front pouch, Rei would retrieve two documents to hand over to the medic: her shinobi dossier along with a passport card that was graffitied with an arrangement of stamps to verify all the official changes it had gone through since its request was initially conceived.

PASSPORT // 4782S-13
Name: Nanjirou Rei
Branch: Main, Jounin
Division: Kaibutsu Hunters, Godslayer

Travel Purpose(s):
-Reestablish communications with the
Dyteá and Anatol provinces.
-Assess terrain and crop damage in
Limbus Terra.
-Survey Kaibutsu activity as it is south of Fire Country.
-Entreaty officials of Sunagakure no Sato with regards to Kaibutsu activity in Wind Country.

While Ziren looked over the paperwork, Rei turned to Kaji. "Well, I had planned to have Leroy here lighten our load. It's a faster trip by air than land, and he can handle two and some luggage. Unfortunately one of our teams hit a snag trying to get comms back up in the Spine, so I offered his assistance in getting them closer to their target. He should be able to meet back up with us in the next two days." She retrieved her own pack down off the mount's saddle while she spoke, giving Leroy a few long strokes of his russet and white feathers while they waited.

-Passport approval [here] along with Raikage approval [here].
-Updated passport with mission information from [
this] approval.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
If you live long enough to ripen as a shinobi, you’ll come to experience many of the wonders the world has to offer— and should your luck falters, you’ll wander upon countless depravities. The fortune of your upbringing within the Kagetsu Manor means protection from witnessing the slums tucked away in sordid corners of the city. Yet, there are some incredible things that can only be found by treading into the heart of danger and depravity. It’s the unknown things that will change you, but whether that is filling some spiritual hole with purpose, or literally taking a part of you in random carnage is all a matter of chance. The world outside is a game of Stone Roulette with six shots left in some heavy iron.

6otq1ymtena51.jpg
Perhaps more memorable than the strange lands that await you are the people— in fact, some of the most unique people you’ll ever encounter exist right under your nose within the very village you call home. Some of them aren’t so great. Yes, the bedtime stories about The Red Crone who drinks the blood of bad children— I promise you, she’s very real and lurking from her impregnable tower. All of the academy students who do not graduate end up on her plate where they feed her eternal youth. But with your luck, I’d much sooner expect you to have a memorable encounter with the likes of Ziren Chigokai.

Once you meet Ziren you’ll remember this story flawlessly, just as easily as Kaji would never forget it. With his tongue made keener than the average human as an effect of his practices in Lizard Senjutsu, Kaji sometimes tasted things in the air the way you or I might smell them. “Dander?” Kaji was balking, lifting his head away from his thermos and inspecting it for tufts of stray animal hair, but there was none to be found. Out of the corner of his peripheral vision, Kaji caught the perking of two lupine ears, both black and sleek. His mind instantly wandered back to a vivid memory of combat with Lady Azusa Aikayume of the Sand, but this stranger lacked the scents of floral perfume or ravishing beauty of that foe. Instead, as Kaji scanned that curious scamp he focused on red eyes with crystal-blue pupils, as if every vessel in their eyes had hemorrhaged, but she clearly wasn’t blind. The sashing of her tails sweeping behind her made things more clear for Kaji, and so he closed his thermos until the pungent fox musk vanished.

The estranged young lady had approached Kaji rather straightforwardly and diligently sought his passport for verification. Kaji was about to comply, albeit awkwardly inspecting Ziren as he went searching with a gloved hand inside his jacket’s breast pocket. But then a wide shadow swept across the cobblestone, stealing Kaji’s attention as a creature swooped in. The was an alert twinge of energy sweeping through him from Eelspine, who awoke as soon as Kaji felt the wind of Mochueleon passing over. The unsatiated blade was blocked out of Kaji’s thoughts as soon as the teeth showed in his smile and he looked upon the site of Rei Saito landing. By the time Rei had strode over and showed her familiarity with Ziren, Kaji was about done marveling at the avian company she revealed. “So, we’re doing dramatic entrances today?” He feigned being upset, though his grin could assure them that it was a joke. “I didn’t know that was the plan… 'Thought we only get one per story arc. “Doubt I can top the fly-by but I can go back through the gates and come out again.”

Kaji seemed slightly disappointed as the notion of flying on the back of something softer than Caerroth was stolen from his clutches, but he thought it was kind of Rei to offer her own companion in service to the village. Once Kaji handed his own passport to Ziren he revealed two tickets held in that same hand. “Well, a chance to stretch our legs should do us some good, especially since I called in some favors and got us rail passes for some new train running through the heartland.” He handed one to Rei and tucked his own between the pages of his passport once he took it back from Ziren. “Apparently some philanthropist bought up the entire railroad project we had with leaf that flopped and is running an international line. Have either of you heard of the Mugen Train?"

Name: Okada, Kaji
Branch: ANBU

Travel Purpose(s):
- Expedition to survey weather phenomena in seas southeast of Lightning Country.
- Render aid to freefolk in distress.
- Defend the interests of the Hidden Cloud in lands abroad.

Last edited:

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Before the man could hand me his passport, I had heard a voice from above. It was Reicheru, though our last meeting was cut short due to the events of the attack, it was still good to see her. She landed with ease in front of me before speaking to the man, Okada is his name, before turning to me and talking about how Leroy had talked about coming this way. I nodded, and took her passport to read through. Friend or not, I do have to have some sense of formality to make sure she had everything before letting her out. Kaibutsu Hunters, Godslayer. Really flashy title. I wondered how far she has gone in Cloud, what she had encountered and faced on her journeys to receive such a title, most likely something with monsters attacking the Village some years ago, I do remember my first week here and seeing her and a boy from Leaf in desperate need of medical help, in which I have given them.

I handed her passport back to her and smiled as Okada has commented on her dramatic entrance. "She has learned from the best after all." I joked, knowing all too well of that time in Tea when she first had said that I would be good for theatrics. And how I left her a little while ago since I last saw her must've also been theatric too.

Okada had handed me his passport as he went on talking of a railroad project and a train called Mugen. I don't really know too much on that, just a train, right? But I went to look through Okada's passport, Okada Kaji. ANBU. Retired Captain. Huh. You don't see that very often. This kind of piqued my interests. I gave him another glance and the picture of the passport to make sure it matches, but also to actually get a better look at him. Something that I once learned when I was a fresh AIT in Leaf, take in as much detail of a person as possible. Since I was no longer a Chigokai, I can't really hear the man's blood flow and get a sense of who he is that way, so taking in details in the sense of making sure the picture matches was the next best thing. I handed his passport back to him.

"You're both free to go." I said to both of them. I then turned to Reicheru, "Remember what I said, try not to end up on that guys radar." I gave her the friendly warning to help her steer clear of trouble of Miroku Akkuma. And then I turned to Kaji, "Take care of my friend here." I didn't say it as a command, but rather saying it as if I am askingan acquaintance to just look over my friend. And then finally, "Have safe travels you two. I look forward to you safe return."

With that said, I took my post back up against the wall, watching anything that may be amiss with all the activity going on.

(Exit Granted)
(Topic Left)

Saitou Rei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
At the mention of the over-the-top entrances, Leroy's felid ears flattened against his feathered head. "I just wanted to make sure Rei-san wasn't delayed, is all. It'd be a drag to get to the bottom of the pass just to be turned back."

Rei grinned. "That, and he was probably hoping I'd change my mind and let him come with us after all. It's all he's talked about for weeks since he caught wind of even the possibility." Leaning against the owl-lion, Kaji piqued her interest with the mention of a new train line. Reaching out to take the ticket, she examined it for a moment. 'Mugen Train, ay?' She'd heard of a route that now extended beyond Fire Country and had noted in conjunction that traffic on traditional merchant routes had lessened of late. Her personal experience was limited; how long had it been now, a decade? Wild how the years start coming and they simply do not stop coming. Surely the rail system ought to be drastically different now than it was when she'd boarded that one-way train. "Well that's welcome news. I've heard of the new line, but not much more than it exists. Thanks, I'm looking forward to it."

Retrieving her documents back from Ziren as they gave the traveling duo the green light, she tucked now three into her pouch. "Duly noted. And let's not bother Okada-san with that yea? I can handle myself, no need to worry." Though the words exited through a smile and with understanding that Ziren spoke out of concern for a friend, her tone set a clear expectation that she wasn't the Captain's baggage.

Turning one last time to Leroy, her smile softened into something more wistful as she reached her hands up on either side of his great face and pressed her forehead against his own.
"That goes for you too. I'll see you soon."

With a final adjustment of her bag, Rei gave Ziren a parting wave and pulled her scarf up over her nose and mouth. The wind was always sharper in the Pass beyond the gate. "Shall we?" She'd nod to Kaji before taking the first steps on the road of their long-expected journey.

-Topic Left.
-Village Exited.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Umeko.png
So there you have it. One door’s closing is another one’s opening, or so it goes. The lives of shinobi are like novels whose chapters tell a story of adventure, danger, and seasons of change. In some ways, Kaji felt a tinge of remorse, even guilt as the bastion of Dragontooth Pass was turned to his peripheral. Of course, he had come to find joy in traveling on the road, yet it was there in the Hidden Cloud where his most profound moments in life had occurred. Behind those walls he found a purpose beyond the shinobi’s nindo— or rather, one was provided by a woman who helped him become whole. With the maturity of those middle years, the fires of passion between Yuii and Kaji had settled into a low simmer and tested their bond, like metal on the forge. Like any relationship there was damage, but they managed to preserve and develop into something long-lasting. Together yet apart, the couple kept their bond despite the divide of opposing desires that set them adrift in a broad sea. It was this somewhat tragic outcome that made his departure from the Cloud much easier than it should have been. The Kagetsu Clan would always remain one of the village’s most revered clans, and under Lady Kiyo’s careful leadership, there was no doubting that their family would get along fine without Kaji; as they always had. In truth, Kaji hardly knew how Yuii was getting along in the last decade despite sensing her nearby whenever he visited Umeko. The scents of her perfumes were unmistakable, even iconic in Kaji’s life, and she loomed in his mind whenever he saw a thing so beautifully, sorrowfully, impeccably, blue.

As for his daughter; he couldn’t have been more proud of her, to the point of thinking that too much of his own influence would have only interrupted her perfection. Umeko Okada was like an exotic wildflower, one so spectacular and yet delicate that you’d fear that petals would fall if you merely breathed on it wrong. Certainly, with two famous sennin for parents, she was tougher than that, but it was her own decision to not become a shinobi. She was beginning the path of an artist, mastering the violin, and having her first recitals. Perhaps Kaji and Yuii both felt some satisfaction from their careers in seeing their daughter enjoying the fruits of their labors. For Umeko to enjoy a peaceful life without battle and bloodshed meant everything.

A home is a place you can always return to— yet Kaji couldn’t easily shake the suspicion that fate might not let him make an easy return to the Land of Lightning anytime soon. Alas, he felt some pull of necessity nagging at his core; it came in the form of nightly visions of calamities he couldn’t put into words. There was something he had to do in order to preserve the village his wife had put above all, the very same one that he too swore to protect at all costs. For his family and the Cloud, he’d have to shelve that happy ending he found for the last decade, and venture out in search of the perils from his nightmares.

But Kaji couldn’t help but feel a tad guilty for feeling excitement that was sorely lacking in his peaceful era. Lingering among the likes of Rei Saitou and that curious Ziren made him buzz with renewed vigor as if fifteen years had been shaved off of him.
That excitement hit a bump in the form of a peculiar exchange between Rei and that Ziren; words of warning and an attempt by Rei to not bother Kaji, only to concern him more. Every shinobi who truly lived had something they were running from, to that Kaji was no stranger, but the trials exclusive to his new companion were still as hazy as the village face. With so much land between the pair and their destination, Kaji expected that there would be time for their many secrets to surface into the light.
“Aye, let’s be off” answered Kaji, meeting the energy in Rei’s call to adventure. With a final salute, he spun on his heels and strode to the left of his new partner in their journey heading west.

- Thread & Village Exited.
- Thanks for letting us out so handily, Ziren. Hoping to RP with you again, soon!

Last edited:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back