Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Asking for a Hand [private/kumiko]

Hanone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Two days had passed since the Jounin had come face to face with his birth mother. The initial shock had worn off long ago and he had taken a few days off work so he could look into solving his issue; how does one severe clan responsibilities without getting yourself killed in the process. Maybe this wasn't a problem with smaller clans, but with a long standing clan with several hundred members and more than a few skilled shinobi in it's ranks, just saying 'no' didn't work. And when you said no, they made you or you'd end up poisoned or on a pike. He'd seen it before.

It didn't help he was the firstborn son of the matriarch.

This led Eiji down a new path of thinking. His clan only had a few things that made a person taboo in the eyes of the clan elders. One of those was a path up until now he'd tossed out the window as an unacceptable choice due to his own desire for independence and his lack of desire for the gender with breasts. But as he ran all his options over in his head, he came to the conclusion that it was the only option: He would have to get married. And he couldn't just get married to anyone, it had to be to an important daughter of another predominant clan. If he married any old girl off the streets or some lower member of a small clan, his own clan would end up dissolving the marriage and forcing their will upon him. Aika didn't know how they could make him and he wasn't ready to explain it to her, but they could make him.

That was why the 27 year old found himself seeking an audience with Uchiha Taguro. The Uchiha were a strong clan with ancient ties and respectable strengths. If he could convince the man of a good pairing, his own clan would be hard pressed to disrespect such a high ranking clan and perhaps even cause a true feud.

It was midday and Eiji was dressed respectably with closed robes and pants. He had even shucked his usual makeup leaving him regularly male. It was the least he could do. A message had been sent to the man earlier that morning asking for his audience so Eiji would be well expected. He arrived at the Grand Halls of Learning and entered the private room where the man should be waiting for him. He wasn't nervous, but he did have a sort of sour stomach.

[looking for Nam]

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
1e3999dc-d99b-4ad4-bdc2-d49b374857a4_zpsc1914142.jpg

It was rare for the elder Uchiha to leave the walls of the Kage Tower. There, many of the important officials lived and worked in order to serve the Steward, or in Taguro's case, himself. However one needed to present himself to the public every once and a while. He couldn't have a bad reputation with the everyday commoner could he.This was not his only reason. A young Motomori male had the audacity to request HIS presence. The nerve of such a whelp. However the Motomori were an old and powerful clan within Sunagkure. This being his only reason to accept such a proposal. Though he expected it to be an utter waste of his time. Therefore he subjected himself to arriving within The Grand Hall of Learning. A place he hadn't walked within for nearly an age. Arriving before the boy showed, he made his way towards one of the private lecture rooms he set out to reserve for the two of them. He sat at the lone desk at the front of the room dressed in his usual black Uchiha robes. His dark grey was pulled back into a low half ponytail, keeping it out of his face. Of course the most noticeable of his features was the scar trailing vertically over his left eye.

As the boy entered Taguro said not a word. He watched every step the boy made towards him, wanting to make the boy nervous while in his presence.

Hanone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The elder was waiting there for him when he arrived. He looked stern, even angry if he had to guess. The lines on his face showed his years and the gray of his long hair and beard. It was a distinguished thing to be a man of power and live to such an age in their world. For that he did have a respect for him, but Eiji did not fear anyone. What did he have to fear from a man like him? His anger and wrath meant nothing to a man with nothing but himself. Eijui's steps did not falter or weaken.

He came forward and stopped before the table of which the man was seated and bowed low, a sign of traditional honor he rarely gave anyone anymore. The position was held long enough to be generally acceptable, then rose to his full height, as small as it was. His expression was completely devoid of nerves or fear and was fairly neutral, but there was a hint of arrogance. It was a part of his existence he could not fully hide if he wanted to, and he wasn't even trying. Figuring him not to be the type of man to like to be held waiting, the Motomori man spoke clearly and precise, "Thank you for taking the time to see me. I am indebted to your generosity." Formalities, check. Now to the point. "I have asked for your esteemed presence as to ask for your aid in a potential marriage of our clans. I am the eldest son of the Matriarch, Motomori Eiji and seek an equally important female from your glorious clan as a wife."

Arranged marriages were common among old clans. Probably more so in history, but even today it was standard practice. It was less common for someone to seek out their own ties with another clan, but it wasn't unheard of. Whether it was for money or position, the reasons did arise occasionally. Eiji had been straight to the point with the elder and hoped he wouldn't be turned down flat. There were other options, but marrying into the Toraonos sounded... disgusting.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

At least the whelp knew when to show respect to those superior to him. One point had must give the boy. However he wasn't one for flattery and flowered words of but kissing. Though they were nice to here from those with power, a cruel sense of satisfaction in his books, hearing it from those lower than himself simply wasting his time even further. " There is no generosity here boy. Do not to waste my time. " With a disgruntled sigh Taguro would sit back in the chair trying to size up the Motomori boy in his sights.

One of his bushy grey brows tweaked upwards at the sound of a marriage proposal but quickly squashed any elevation in said brow immediately. What was odd was this boy seeking him out to propose such a union. By traditional standards his parents, or their clan's elder, who would make such arrangements. At such actions a red flag flew up. There was a reason he was here and not an ambassador from his clan. Something was not right. " Your clan does not approve of this. Or are they even aware of your actions. " Still this put him in an interesting scenario. Long has Taguro wished to be allied with the Motomori. Maybe this was his chance.

Hanone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eiji didn't exactly expect the man to appreciate the flowery words and honors he gave him, but to do any less was to seek out flat denial. He had been raised by his clan for the first 13 years of his life and had learned how to act with your elders and clan leaders, no matter how you felt about the personally. It was about swallowing your pride and even silencing the cynical or angry voice in the back of your mind. You didn't realize how often you would roll your eyes if you let your internal voice chatter.

And so he accepted how the man seemed annoyed with him. He also had no choice but to accept what the man asked him about his reasons. He never thought for a man who could lead a clan like the Uchiha was simply a stupid whelp you could skim one by on. "My actions are my own, but whatever they are, they cannot be removed from my clan's records or mind. They are too traditional. They forget the worthiness of making such important ties. I seek to make such a contract and remove them from the darkness of old patterns or else seek destruction. I am removed from my mother's affections, but my blood is my blood."

His explanation was not truthful, at least not for his own true devices, but it was not false either. His clan was bound by the acts of the main branch. He would be considered 'tainted' and would not be allowed to breed with his siblings, which was his true intent, but the connection to such a clan could not be treated as nothing and worthless. It was, in some essence, foolproof. Yet.. the success of the plan was not in his own hands, and that never made him comfortable.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

His assumption was right, as per usual. As expected of the Motomori clan this Eiji was properly raised. Their was a slight oddity within him Taguro couldn't quite pinpoint, which meant this boy hide it very well. Either way the elder Uchiha wouldn't cut this boy any slack. If you dealt with him you better be man enough to deal with it. " Let's say I wanted to accept your proposal. Let's say I even had an Uchiha in mind. I would not be able to accept such a proposition without the blessing of your household. " The more he thought of this the more the idea lingered within his mind. Having a foothold within the Motomori clan would be monumental. If the Motomori were against this union Taguro would have to pull some strings to make such an offering acceptable to them. A " gesture " of good faith. " What are your reasons for marrying into the Uchiha."

Hanone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
That did complicate things. His mother would never accept the proposal without some sort of blackmailing involved. Eiji already had a plan for that too, but first the old man had to accept his proposal without her knowing about it. A contract had to be made before he could let his mother know of his intentions. That way she could never back out, unless she wanted to make another clan like the Uchiha hate her. What an insult that would be. "No, my son can't marry your female, she's not worthy." Ya, that would go over well...

Dipping his head slightly, Eiji tried to fight his point, "My lord, as I mentioned, my clan is stuck in the old ways. They are stubborn women. As you understand I'm sure, a man's mind is more logical, not led by emotion as a woman's mind will. Motomori Tia's heart is full of pride and ancient ways. To help my clan, I feel she would be better knowing after the fact." He hoped a strong man like that was used to thinking men were better, traditional in that way. If not that might backfire.

He did not tarry, however, in responding to the elder's second question. "Our two bloodlines are ancient and pure. I would only seek to blend two houses of note. There are no more worthy and great than the Uchiha." Then flattery. It was expected of the younger person. "For truly your clan is great, above others." Then his own worth. You cannot make the other clan seem so great your own is nothing but a puddle, "I am the strongest of my clan. My blood is pure and strong. And I will have influence within my clan, the kind of influence I would happily offer to my masters and elders if they were to ask me."

Eiji did not crave the sharingan for his bloodline like so many did. How many people wanted to marry into their clan? To get ahold of that doujutsu so dangerous and well guarded? In fact, he had no intention of even breeding with whatever wife he might acquire, but he didn't need to know that either.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

It was true. Traditionally little could be done about such a proposition without the consent of the head of the Motomori clan. Traditionally. However the more Taguro pondered over possible outcomes of such a union the more he liked holding power over that woman. Long had the Motomori refused to deal with the Uchiha, or at least Taguro. Having power over the son would therefore mean power over his mother.

He cared little for this whelps reasoning behind marriage. His family business was his own. Underneath the sugar coated words lay some truth to the boys decision towards an Uchiha. As the oldest male his son or daughter would eventually lead the clan. If married to an Uchiha that child would have Uchiha blood running through his or her blood. And therefore an ally to the Uchiha. " This would be no easy task boy. But it is a task that interests me. " He also knew the exact Uchiha he had in mind for this arranged marriage. " As for this disapproval of your clan. If I were to accept this proposal, I can not ignore this fact. And a clan such as the Motomori deserve to be dealt with respect. Luckily I a man of many connections. "

Hanone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man was growing more difficult which grated Eiji's nerves. Still he maintained a neutral expression and humble physique. Tipping his eyes to the floor, he spoke to the man again calmly, "I understand, senpai. My clan is old and strong. These things cannot be pushed aside or ignored. I would be out of my duty if I allowed that myself." Yes, he did claim some power being a Motomori, though he'd never used those powers for his own benefit before, he was tempted too. And besmirching the name or treating it poorly would ultimately only harm himself.

But where did they go from here? Eiji wasn't sure how to proceed. The man suggested he might approve the proposal, which suggested he did find something he could get out of the arrangement. Or at least he hadn't turned it down flat. What then did he want?

"In order to gain your approval, what would you ask of me?" It was laid out for him that way; clean and open. What did he want for this to happen? To Eiji it felt like begging kind of. Disgusting. Still it was better to beg this man, be at his mercy and voice than to find himself between Arashi's thighs.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Sometimes Taguro impressed himself. This boy had come to him with the idea of an arranged marriage. Now it would appear as though he himself was behind this entire plan. A wry grin played upon his lips, though shielded from the whelps sight by his bushy mustache. This is what he did. This was what he was good at. " For my approval you say? " His thumb and index finger would play with his bread, stroking it in fake consideration. " I will seek out your mother. I will make her an offer she can not refuse. In exchange your wish will be granted and you will marry an Uchiha of my choosing. Whether you wish to know who this person is or not is none of my concern. "

Hanone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well it hadn't gone exactly as he wanted it to, but the end result would be the same. It was prudent not to take up anymore of the man's time now that business was relatively concluded. All that was left was to fulfill his wishes and arrange a meeting between the elder and his mother, the matriarch.

He smashed down the dread he felt about it and responded, "Then I will meet with my mother and she will invite you to her home at a date and time of your convenience." Which meant she would have an open ended invitation and Taguro could arrive when he wanted to, leaving him in the superior position. And in regard to the last statement, he figured that meant he didn't have a say who this female he would be given and that he wasn't allowed to know until the time came either. That didn't mean he couldn't give some input on the matter... subtly. "I'm sure any female you would choose for such a bond of two grand families will be nothing short of your most acceptable candidate, nothing less would be expected from the great Uchiha clan."

It did pointedly mean "don't give me a piece of shit woman, I'm the fuckin' firstborn" but it was all about manners and acting between the lines. This was how all clan members with any standing had to be, well, unless you were the leader and could say whatever the hell you want to. He bowed to the man again, deeply and with his honor and sought to leave the meeting, if so allowed. "You have my deepest respect and thanks, senpai."

[topic left if permitted]

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Eiji had no choice but to take this switch in power. Yet this would benefit the boy greatly. If Taguro was going to accept this proposal he could have Eiji on the outs with his family for such a thing. His power within the clan, even as the eldest son, would diminish. If the Uchiha elder came to the Motomori clan head instead, claiming this to be his idea, no blame could be placed on the boy and Taguro would finally have an ally in the Motomori clan. Both sides would win. " I will leave the arrangements with you. You know how to get in contact with me. " His tone was now very bored. The plans were made. Therefore this boy no longer needed to be in his presence. " Yes. She has been raised to be the finest Uchiha. Your mother will want to know of her, an understandable notion. " He'd simply leave it at that. As Eiji made the proper respects to leave Taguro would simply nod that the whelp may leave.

TOPIC LEFT

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back